[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Nier.jpg (41 KB, 256x315)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
is there no digital copy or torrent of this game ? i cant find the damn thing
>>
you're pretty bad at this internet thing
>>
File: 1629625048488.jpg (354 KB, 1500x3027)
354 KB
354 KB JPG
>>2179491
Just play the remaster, retardarino.
>>
>>2179523
But isn't that a more or less different game? Some twink vs the dad character; What's the point? Why didn't they keep the original (Western release) guy?
>>
should have bought it when it was like 5 bucks at gamestop
>>
>>2179523
Kainé a cute. CUTE!
>>
>>2179544
I wish I could see her cute feminine penis
>>
>>2179526
It's the same game with better combat and graphics. The twink is the original character that the game was made for.
>>
>>2179578
Dad Nier is manly and relatable, twink Nier is soft and faggy flower child.
>>
>>2180425
i didn't think i'd like brother nier as much as i liked papa nier but he's great. the gameplay is also significantly improved from the original release. just play replicant.
>>
>>2180462
Played it, gamplay is improved thats a fact but still preffer origanal western release that ended with meaningful sacrifice; dont liked animu best boy ever, evrything ends well and they lived happily ever after, giant of flower out of nowhere.
>>
>>2180485
i mean you don't have to like the new ending and you could even consider it non-canon if you want, i don't think it's so bad for one nice thing to happen in the span of 2 games, 5 if you include drakengard, considering all the suffering and sacrifice the characters have already gone thru?
>>
>>2180506
Oh man first drakengard was a kicker, it kicked straight in the balls with every new ending you unlocked. But yeah i consider new ending non canon and stick with papa Nier sacrifice, sometimes there is more meaning in what you lost and sacrificed and storywise it stays with player/reader/watcher much longer it just lingers in your mind. Happy ending arent allways best endings, just how I see it.
>>
Get the remake (hasn't been cracked yet so you will have to $$$ pay) or get RPSC3 which will let you run the ole Nier in a quality consolefags could never dream of while you're at it check out Drakengard 3
>>
File: tz5wmpk4swu21.png (11 KB, 183x208)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>>2179491
I can't believe how tech-illiterate zoomers are
>>
>>2180485
Your post makes no sense. That exact same sacrifice occurred in the original replicant.
If you're so fucking desperate to suck geriatric cock again you can play as old Nier in the 15 diary levels.
>>
>>2180895
>i suck therefore i will attack ad hominem
Papa Nier was made for western audiences for a specific reason - western cultural sensibility, and makes story far more impactfoul to go trough all this shit as a parent trying to save a child, animu pretty boy dont have this, and giant flower out of nowhere happy ending makes te story lesser.
>>
>>2180936
thing is the story is not about getting through that shit for a noble purpose, it's about a mentally broken schizo trying to find himself a purpose to live only to sacrifice himself at the end. it's more or less some sort of a satire on vidya tropes like most yoko taro games. papa nier at best undermines and at worst contradicts the main themes of the story
>>
>>2181378
his inclusion is almost like an insult to the intelligence of western gamers. Like we're too fucking stupid and selfish to empathize with a young man saving his sister and need some big strong man to be angry at us like we're toddlers in need of a lecture.
The fact that Papa Nier remains so popular in the west is proof that the devs were right.
Taro believes his inclusion was a mistake, and he didn't want to cater to the western infantile mindset again.
>>
>>2181634
>Like we're too fucking stupid and selfish to empathize with a young man saving his sister
Actually he isn't meant to be relatable to that degree. Taro was trying to make people trigger by taking the selfless idealistic hero archetype to the extreme with the lengths Nier goes to save his sister. I think Papa Nier has potential to break that aspect of the story for many people.
>>
>>2181763
Papa nier is kinda heroic in his actions because of how powerless he is to actually make things better. All he can do is hold on. By turning him in to a boomer while keeping the same character actually makes him relatable instead of alienating, and maybe this entire time boomer developers were making things about themselves and for themselves instead of their audience.
>>
You retards do know that it's literally just a model swap and changing all instances of brother/sister to father/daughter in the script right
It's as surface level as it can possibly be and all this bullshit you're slinging is just your own personal projections
>>
>>2181864
dumbest post currently on /vrpg/ and we've currently got a mother 3 juxtafag thread up.
>>
>>2180425
I can't believe americans are still this insecure about not seeing their microdicks in their obese 300 pound man gunts after more than 2 decades of bishounen when anime is more mainstream than it ever has been.
>>
>>2181864
Based
>>
>>2181864
Pretty much, I can't believe retards give this much importance to what is fundamentally a minor detail that doesn't change anything about the story or what Taro was trying to do with it.
>>
>>2181891
>what is fundamentally a minor detail that doesn't change anything about the story or what Taro was trying to do with it.

Taro was trying to write a story about a brother and his sister though.
>>
>>2181919
Based
>>
>>2181879
>>2181920
Shut the fuck up
>>
>>2181947
Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>2181956
Wow, so you can actually say something other than "based" and "cope"?
>>
>>2181969
Cringe
>>
>>2181947
Based
>>
>>2181864
>changing all instances of brother/sister to father/daughter
>It's as surface level as it can possibly be
are you from Alabama?
>>
>>2181864
this is the 500 IQ answer.
Slight dialogue changes and a different model for the character.
That's literally it.
>>
>>2183918
>slight dialogue changes
>a different model
if they changed literally nothing but made nier and yonah black you guys would literally shit yourselves inside out, so i really don't want to hear your theory about a different model having no effect on the story.
>>
>>2183921
projection
>>
>>2183918
to be fair, the voice actor for dad nier did great work with what he was given to make it sound like an older man speaking just through altering the intonation, making hopeful child phrases sound sarcastic, making budding interest in kaine seem more like paternal concern, etc
>>
>>2183918
Papa Nier was somewhat refreshing change after endless parade of bland samey teenage protagonists.
>>
>>2183947
2010 saw the release of: Mass Effect 2, Call of Duty Black Ops, God of War 3, Heavy Rain, Bioshock 2, Battlefield Bad Company, Red Dead Redemption, Fable 3, Halo Reach, Assassins Creed Brotherhood, Splinter Cell Conviction, Fallout New Vegas, The Force Unleashed 2, and Alan Wake. All notable releases, nearly all more popular than Nier Gestalt. None starring a character that would you could say is more similar to brother Nier than Papa Nier.
So who really was the one following trends? Certainly looks like the opposite of what you're implying.
>>
>>2183971
Ignore the "would"
>>
>>2183971
Typical jrpg protag is a boy with a sword, almost always it's teenagers, so anything that breaks the mould is nice.
>>
>>2184618
I understand that but JRPG's don't exist in a vacuum and have to be considered alongside all other releases that year, and when you do that you see that brother Nier is the outlier, not the other way around.
>>
>>2186140
If you want to compare Mario Odyssey and Resident Evil 7 just because they were released in the same year then be my guest, but nobody is going to take you seriously.
>>
>>2186206
>dude this character is so different from other protagonists that were around at the time
>actually no they weren't because if you look all other protagonists from around the same time they are overwhelmingly similar
GRRRR WHY ARE YOU COMPARING IT TO DIFFERENT GAMES YOU SCHIZOOOO
I accept your concession.
>>
>>2186206
Not that anon so I have nothing to concede. My point still stands that comparing every game to every other game just because you can is stupid.
>>
>>2186215
I'm retarded. Meant to reply to >>2186208
>>
>>2186215
ok genius maybe read the thread and figure out why I did then?
I did it precisely to point out that
>but its good because the model for the protagonist is different from other games
is a fucking retarded argument, and doesn't even work when you actually apply it.
>>
>>2180936
Papa Nier was made for casual audiences, just like shit like God of War.
>>
I finally beat this game through all endinngs and it explained fucking nothing. Nier Automata explained more than it! Where does all the info on Noer becoming Shadow Lord and the thousand years from prologue to the game come from?
>>
>>2180425
You are beyond stupid and may probably never played the game.
The script of a sobbing mess who gets mood swings and has to dragged around by Kaine was made for the brother and not the father.
>>
>>2186268
I'm having a very difficult time figuring out how the fuck you managed to not infer the answer unless you skipped every single cutscene.
>>
>>2186593
All media doesn't exist in vacuum, and are made for specific audiences, sometimes changes are made if you aim for specific markets, this is a reason for example that american version of Kirby is presentet as more badass then japaneese cute Kirby, or why Japaneese and Taiwanese flags disapered from Top Gun's Maverick jacket, dad Nier is example of this trend and was the right move in aim for western audiencess.
>>
>>2187094
>was the right move in aim for western audiences
obviously not. Nier Gestalt was a flop. Of all of Taro's games it is by far the least successful. It didn't even come close to the sales of any of the Drakengard games.
Taro himself says he regretted wasting development time and effort on the separate versions because it was such a disappointment. That's why there weren't two versions for the remake, because father Nier was just a waste of time in his eyes, and he's right to think so.
>>
There is a mod to swap GenericFFProtag #3241 with Poppa Nier. Also his voice.

But in all seriousness, where can I pirate the Remake? There seem to be no cracks anywhere.
>>
>>2189286
So we got a generic animoo fag instead.

Thanks, Taro. Such a brave decision. No wonder he likes trannies.
>>
>>2190344
Cutscenes are bugged in Papa Nier Launcher mod tho.
>>
>>2190443
Hmm. That sucks. Maybe it's for the best there's no cracks then.
>>
>>2190472
Its not a crack or piracy, Papa Nier Launcher its a mod on nexus, it allows you to choose a character you play and it supports voice packs, cutscenes are not supported right now in it, altough people are modding corect subtitles in, and setting it up is a bit of a hassle.
>>
>>2190544
I know. I posted about it. I mean that because it's broken, it's prolly a good thing there are no cracks. So I wont have to play it and hate it. I don't ever want to hate Nier.

But if people are still working on it, that's good. I can wait.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.