[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 147497849847.jpg (19 KB, 474x266)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
In the end.

What did we learn?
>>
>>2092427
Hype, hype never changes
>>
>>2092427
stop forcing games out before they're finished cooking
>>
>>2092443
Not a good metaphor cuz some people (like myself) like our meat rare.
>>
don't
fucking
preorder
>>
CDPR sisters... we got too cocky.
>>
>>2092455
>sisters
So CDPR fans are troons
>>
File: 1602725898177.jpg (108 KB, 1400x1400)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>2092427
Was there actually anything good in the story about this game?
Any kino moments/scenes? Any feels?

How was the trailer so goddamn good if nothing else in the game was?
>>
>>2092427
we kept everything inside and even though we tried it all fell apart
what it meant to me will eventually be a memory from a time i
>>
>>2092468
>Was there actually anything good in the story about this game?
(Some) Voice acting and character moments are good, overall story wasn’t as much of a spectacle as I was expecting, it was actually a fairly simple story considering what you could have done with the setting. It was good but not quite deus ex or blade runner good, your choices don’t really matter.
> Any kino moments/scenes? Any feels?
the side missions and romances are were the best feels and character development are, ironically enough you don’t get a huge amount of it in the story it’s all the optional shit that has the most kino.
>>
>>2092468
I actually liked the story for the most part. But holy shit is it the wrong story for an open world game.
>>
>>2092504
A lot of open world games suffer from that
>big story moment happens.
>Characters: “we have to hurry! We don’t have much time left! This could be our only shot!”
>Protag: Fucks off for several weeks doing unrelated shit.
>>
>>2092449
rare meat is a midwit thing, so his point still stands
>>
>>2092438
>>2092443
>>2092451
>>2092455
>>2092468

>but the anon the aesthetics
>the hot spicy latina you can fuck off and chase

>it was simply at fault of being too ambitious
>>
>>2092518
FfXIII thought so too and that hurt the game.
>>
>>2092518
Yeah, but then when games try to remedy that by having a timed main quest like Pathfinder, normies crack a tantrum about it.
>>
>>2092427
>What did we learn?
That CDPR can make a pretty good Far Cry cyberpunk game, but they can't make a good RPG.
>>
>>2092546
Is her neck too small or head too big?
>>
>>2092605
BRING BACK LEVELS
>>
>>2092518
Worst example is Deadfire. There's a literal giant statue god stomping islands and you fuck off trying to up your rep with different factions
>>
>>2092632
Edér even acknowledges this at one point, when you agree to look for that woman's brother in the big city, and Edér goes: "Well, we're looking for this giant out of control god stomping across Deadfire, but.... sure, if this is on the way, I guess...." or something like that lmao
>>
>>2092427
>Over hyping a game can backfire
>The games media is a clickbait circlejerk that feeds hype and then fosters outrage when it's convenient
>Don't release games unfinished
>Don't preorder ever

Overall in terms of vidya disasters it's mid tier. Not quite Fallout 76, Daikatana or NMS. AC Unity is the closest thing, in that it was a competent game that was fucked up on release.
>>
File: keanu gettint.jpg (9 KB, 480x360)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>2092468
>How was the trailer so goddamn good if nothing else in the game was?
They literally faked E3 demo and scripted what's basically a first person movie with minor strips of gameplay. It's all been faked with linear scripting / running the game on top of the line PC at the time.
The actors and the animators did an amazing job bringing characters to life, animation and voice acting is hands down the best I'd probably seen this decade. They feel like real people with the way they move and talk.

...But the story they got to work with was god awful.

Like you can tell that they re-wrote and re-made the game's entire plot in the past year or so of development to ham-fist their celeb cameo Keanu into the game and make it all about him.
That's why it's shit, they sacrificed open world / sandbox aspect and instead made 'Call of Duty: Cyberpunk' with big expensive linear scripted story, and unnecessary open world thats legit worse than far cry 1/2.

At least the world looks cool? but this is a game, not a movie.
>>
>>2092427
>A thing of beauty
>will never fade away
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzQHsrRk4zE&ab_channel=SpiceX4K
>>
>>2092427
That it was smart to not give in to the hype. I went in expecting nothing and I was positively surprised, usually with heavy PR you get absolute shitshow like nu-Bioware games, while Cyberpunk, despite it's simplistic gameplay and problems, was solid game. Also, I was lucky enough to not encounter any gamebreaking bugs on the way, I had just one small annoyance when I was unable to climb through window in one of Panam's missions until it blew me away 100 meters away from the window and started working again.
>>2092468
I kinda expected this kind of thing from CDPR and I think they nailed the feel of the setting - you want to be a big shot in the Night City, but it swallows you whole and it turns into very personal story about dealing with inevitable death. I like stories with personal stakes rather than being everyman that changes the world. I also think that character creation fooled most people into thinking they will get New Vegas, while they got set character like it was with The Witcher.
>>2092638
Eder is one of the few good things about Deadfire, and this post only proves it.
>>
>>2092468
>Any kino moments/scenes? Any feels?

There is a potentially solid cast of characters that feel like they would have been your "crew" in a previous iteration of the game before being side-lined by Keanu. One of them, Judy, gets a fairly lengthy send off that, rather than being simple fans service, also serves to mark the crossing of a point for both your character and the plot from the early game where it is all about idealism and dreaming big, to the last third, where all you have left are the consequences of your actions to deal with. Yet by her leaving she also "gets out" of the city, and her act is one that, for the first time in the game, offers some kind of hope of not just living like an animal to survive, but of something more human. I found it a very bittersweet sequence that deserved to framed by a better game.
>>
>>2092427
>What did we learn?
Nothing we didn't already know before, marketing and hype and promises mean nothing.
>>2092468
It's not bad, don't fall for the memes. It's a thoroughly mediocre game but there's some good stuff to counterbalance the shit stuff. It's a 5.5-6/10 that was supposed to be a 9/10.
The dynamic between the protagonist and Johnny is cool and develops well, the endings are narratively alright even if the final mission is lame. Voice acting and music are pretty good, the story is fine but not at all for an RPG, it would fit a railroaded game far better.
>>
>>2092427
Sony (and by virtue CD Projekt Red for buckling) are a bunch of faggots that do not care about ruining a game just to push it out the door fast enough to make dollars.

Not a console war fag btw, just hate large companies looking at a clearly flawed and broken product and saying "Eh, it'll be fine, ship it."
>>
I dunno i enjoyed it. Gonna do a second melee only run when the dlc and patches are out.
>>
>>2093116
>when the dlc and patches are out
That'll be in a few years, if it isn't abandoned before then
>>
>>2092427
SEX ROBOT SEX ROBOT
>>
>>2092427

Well, it is best game of 2020-2021(or, my best bet would be 2022, not even joking)..period, even with all shit that was cut out or unfinished.
Now, if it was Bethesda, I would cross it as dead a long time ago, but CDPR really do want to pull No Man Sky on this one and fuck it's a fuck-all slow process but it's getting there...

Also, if you play all main mission and all side missions you will miss maybe 80-90-% of content even now..

But, they are slowly returning cut and unfinished content on the low with every patch:
you now have at least 4-apartments where you can live(that I managed to find),
vendors are plety and you can small talk with them,
performance is almost doubled,
you can buy jetpak or sneaky legs,
I don't have time to mention every fucking thing that I found new from 1.23 to 1.31 but there is a lot of shit,
also they did some rebalancing, it's not done yet, but also going to the right direction..
As far as I'm concerned, this game is most ambitious Early Access game in the history,
as of now it's some ...ver. 0.74 and it would be release ready on ver 1.87..
2 grand DLCs size of Blood & Wine and this game could be brought to life in no time.
So, when this get's Cyberpunk2077 Enhanced Edition or some Ultimate Edition in 2023, it will be an game every other will try to copy in some way..

https://youtu.be/QwZ-_PAGkcQ
https://youtu.be/40UjFv5ByPU
>>
>>2092468
C'mon, parade is single best shit ever made in gaming history and there is a shitload of absolute kino moments, to the point you take them for granted and none is cringy..

Some moments you think game will go in some shitty trope tearjerker, pure cringe but then it
spin it and surprises you..
>>
>>2092546
Oh.. I fucked her in the tank..
It was OK, I had better..
>>
>>2092427
eurojank....eurojank never changes even with AAA budget
>>
>>2092427
There are two reasons for Cyberpunk's demise:

1) Execs really wanted to pull a GTAV. Release on old consoles then double dip on the next gen consoles. But any engineer could have told you this game wasn't going to run well on base PS4 and Xbone systems.

2) The Witcher 3 was a super overrated game and its fans refused to acknowledge its flaws. So outsiders and the studio itself (especially the marketing arm) were deceived of their capabilities and fed a hype train that was out of proportion with what CDPR could do.
>>
>>2092427
stop pre-ordering video games
>>
>>2093461
So according to you, it's everyone's fault except the devs.
Riiiiiiiight.....
>>
>>2092427
back when the first trailer came out, I got hyped.
then years went by and I realized it was a scam. Why didn't you?
>>
>>2092902
far cry 2 has a good open world though, would you really expect fucking activities in the african wilds?
>>
>>2092427
GOG releases are available for the low low price of free!
>>
>>2092468
i generally liked everything about the story. I thought most of the endings were kino, even tho act 3 is rushed.
My highlight was the peralez questline and having to film a snuff version of the passion of christ.
The main story was ok, but a bit weird in the context of an open world game.
In general the story is worth experiencing at least once.

Also, journos are a scourge on humanity, feeding hype and outrage to get clicks and that most people consoom way too much jewtube clickbait and is unable to come up with original opinions or realistic expectations
>>
>>2093502
it would surprise you how little control devs actually have in games this big. Most time they're just people trying to follow what some finnicky director is doing trying to please the board and the ceos
>>
>>2092605
>pandering to normies
That's the problem.
>>
>>2092427
that normalfags just follow whatever opinion they are told to have.
People praised the shit out of witcher 3 because "they were supposed to", then hated cyberpunk because "they were supposed to".
They're basically the same game with the same flaws and are both shit
>>
>>2092468
The scene where you get the actual secret ending is pretty good, though the ending itself is mediocre at best.

There's just something kino about him going "plan? lmao thats for fags grab your gun and lets go" and walking through the door of the enemy skyscraper with your weapon drawn to solve things yourself without involving anyone else.
>>
>>2093697
>My highlight was the peralez questline and having to film a snuff version of the passion of christ.
>the snuff film quest
honestly I found that so cringe that on my second run (I fucked myself out of the secret ending the first time) I killed him and the cop and drove off. wakako calls you, says you're based for not asking any questions, and sends you money.

the one where you find the father & son duo recording kiddy snuff films and you can kill the son in front of his dad and walk off was way better
>>
File: homerlegion.gif (426 KB, 500x375)
426 KB
426 KB GIF
i really liked cyberpunk despite it not really being an rpg crunchwise. but it had a fantastic story imo, well acted voice and mocap work, the missions in the world were all mini deus-ex in the way you could approach them.

my only real issue was performance getting buttfucked after their first wave of patching. i never ran into any bugs or stuff like a lot of people did, thankfully. but the post patch performance was so bad i wont give it another play through for a few years.
>>
>>2094227
I liked it too. The endings were great. It didn't sit right with me right at first but after reflection it's really ballsy what they managed to do narratively. Now that Khopping isn't a thing anymore i'm not exactly interested in replaying though unless a ton of shit gets added. It was the best part of the gameplay and they removed it entirely.
>>
>>2094239
are you talking about the enhanced leg cybernetics? i heard rumors those got giganerfed. that shit was some of the hands down most fun i've had in an open world game, and i probably spent 10 hours simply parkouring through the city.

the narrative was good, i loved that it was a personal story. one more save the world plotline and im going to kill myself. and me and my pals still argue over who banged Panam first to this day. Nomad ending here.
>>
I learned long ago from CDPR to always wait for the Enhanced Edition, I'm sure I'll get some fun out of this game when I eventually play that.
>>
>>2094250
Khopping was bhopping using the slo mo dodge to travel around the map at light speed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9y7fXZiSlM
I did all the endings and the secret one is the best really. It just fits that V would say "Fuck it let's go straight through Arasaka's front door and kill everyone" after being exposed to Johnny for so long.
>>
>>2092427
a thing of beauty will never fade away
>>2092468
most of the johnny stuff, the corpo end.
>>
>>2094267
fuck i used to do that too what's the point of nerfing that? part of the fun is sandboxing with the different powers.
>>
>>2094276
It wasn't nerfed it was entirely removed, probably because it tanked performance and you could literally outrun the world loading in if you got going fast enough. They should've just added a speed cap because it was useful in fights.
>>
>>2092504
yea its kinda hard to fuck around and enjoy myself when the whole game is MEMENTO MORI
>>
File: bear...bull.jpg (6 KB, 225x225)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>2092468
yea the whole johnny/V relationship is some good shit. I know Keanu was forced into the story late, but ultimately that duo and their dynamic is some good shit. it feels like buddy cops who at first hate eachother but eventually become bros, my favorite cliche.

honorable mentions
>every companion questline has solid feels
>the peralez questline has fantastic black mirror conspiracy threads
>river's quest goes from bro homo moments to micheal mann's Manhunter
>the entirety of the Panam / Aldecado questline
>doing a random odd job and Johnny narrating the entire thing as if it was a noir mystery novel

legit kino in the game
>>
>>2093502
Insofar as the devs can't help that they're not as skilled/experienced as the fans and marketing make them out to be.
>>
What can really be learned from cyberpunk is if you want to market your game, don't use misleading bullshit like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7_D1qlwOp0
or
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IMO0PaX7Yc
and then expect the fans to happy when your game releases broken and lacking any sort of depth. The gangs of night city are really just enemies that you rarely interact with in any meaningful way. After watching that trailer i was so fucking hyped to have a gang system, ie. building rep with gangs and doing mission with them, maybe even taking over parts of the city from other gangs. Or even the ability to customize your cars like the second trailer i posted suggested.
>>
File: tajne przez poufne.jpg (169 KB, 1919x947)
169 KB
169 KB JPG
>>2092427
>What did we learn?
I guess we learned not to do it again. I'm fucked if I know what we did.
>>
>>2093227
The game didn't flop terribly. CDPR just damaged its reputation, and shittier developers have been given more benefit of the doubt, so they'll be fine, imo, and I doubt they'll give up on 2077. It has a very solid foundation, and if fans can keep Bethshit games alive, 2077 will survive. Maybe even in a better position since it has a lot of the foundation that drives the modding scene (mature themes).
>>
>>2094391
>they'll be fine
they lost all their devs
>>
>>2094399
Whether or not the content they release in the future is good is still up in the air, but the company will not die because of 2077. Witcher 3 was hugely successful, they have more than enough good will to come out of this.
>>
>>2094399
>>2094405
Also forgot about this
https://www.pcgamesn.com/cyberpunk-2077/mod-support
So the future of the 2077 modding scene is looking good.
>>
>>2092427
CD projekt is overrated reddit garbage.
>>
>>2092427
>What did we learn?
Ou ka renté adan an red zone ou pani compè isiya
Vo mié pran kouri you better run
DIBIDIBI Alé isiya
RATATATATA
>>
>>2094165
yeah, it's funny you can skip an entire long ass quest chain by just finishing what looks like any other gig as intended.
And the snuff film quest was fantastic, easily the best voice acting in the game. Hearing the father crying almost made me reload the save, not many times do i feel like doing that.
>>
>>2095473
god christ almighty that song plays during the razor fight and it was burned into my skull due to how many times i've reloaded.
He's basically impossible unless you build specifically for street brawling
>>
>>2093502
>So according to you, it's everyone's fault except the devs.
>Riiiiiiiight.....
Why not? If the suits fuck up the devs are powerless to do anything about it.
>>
>>2092427
>In the end.
> What did we learn?
When Bethesda releases a buggy game it gets laughed off if not outright treated as a positive, but no one else is allowed to do that.
>>
>>2092427
>Be careful with preorders
>Stop using celebrities to push marketing
>Don't overhype something that you cannot deliver on
>>
>>2095627
I had a blood pump and EMP burst implant tactic. Get him down to half, then let him take you down to 15%. Emp detonates knocking out Razor and healing you to half. Congrats you can finally leave that hellish RATATATATA.
>>
>>2092427
Honestly, to stop playing video games.
>>
>>2095843
if fo76 hadnt been online people would've lap it up
>>
>>2095991
i think losing and taking the money is better, you're most likely at street cred 50 by then. But on my gorilla arm only nomad i beat him relatively easily
>>
>>2092427
1. If it has a celebrity in it, it'll probably suck
2. If they're marketing to normies, it'll probably suck
3. If they include sex stuff, it'll probably suck
>>
>>2092427
Long ass patches.
>>
>>2092468
killed the hype.
>>
>>2092427
Company bloat dilutes talent.
>>
>>2092427
polish people and women should not make video games
>>
>>2092427
Not a god damn thing. Gamers are subhuman retards, so as soon as cdpr comes out and announces a new game, you stupid fucks are going to lap it up, spend years defending it, and then experience another "my life is fucking over" moment when they shit in your mouths again, which will last until the next cdpr announcement. The cycle continues.
>>
>>2094303
>doing a random odd job and Johnny narrating the entire thing as if it was a noir mystery novel
kek that one was great. its too bad more side jobs werent that fun
>>
>>2094338
Imagine if DOOM was marketed like this
>Introducing: IMPS
>A rich society of demons with their own homeworld
>Divided into 6 factions
>Each one has a quirk

>Literally just a basic enemy with different skins
All they had to do is add skyrim guild quests for gangs, how fucking hard is that, maybe some dumb territory control mechanic that fucking gta san andreas had in 2004
>>
>>2093279
>vendors are plenty and you can small talk with them,
These shrimp fresh?
>>
>>2092427
>What did we learn?
Shazam was right
>>
>>2092427
>What did we learn?
What did i learn from the Cyberpunk 2077 release? A huge portion of the people on /v/ are console peasants. I always knew that there were a lot but i guess after 2016 and the influx of newfags the demographics of the board have changed. We used to be PC nation... now 4chan is full with foaming around the mouth low IQ console retards.
>>
>>2092427
There was nothing to learn. We understood beforehand that a game promising everything they could possibly think of was either going to be an incomplete and a glitchy mess that has to rein in its overpromised scope and feel limited, or will fail to release.

If you learned something from this you haven't enough brain cells to remember it for next time anyway.
>>
File: 1608395996606.webm (2.91 MB, 1280x720)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB WEBM
>>2098232
>>
>>2097300
>if fo76 hadnt been online people would've lap it up
Absolutely.
>>
>>2093502
Actors did a great job, marketing did an EPIC job,
moron who cornered himself between releasing the game in last quartal of 2020 because shareholders/bills and fans is to blame..

2020 was bad on many fronts(covid, global economic collapse and shit, from 2019 developers perspective, nVidia would release RTX3080 for 499$ in 2020, Sony and M$ would release new consoles),GTAO was raking trillions, shit was good, until it wasn't ..and no one could predict that.

But, forcing PS4/XBone version and angling for GTA audience would be mayor offenders

It was a death of 1000 cuts..
But even with all that, there is one glorious carcass to explore and I kinda hope they will slowly bring it back to life..
>>
>>2092438
Based. Tards never ever learn. This is why we have to hide good games and studios from the normies and fake gamers. Gaming elitism is the way of the future. Keep it safe, keep it secret, and only tell those you trust most about great games.
>>
>>2101143
>because shareholders
The shareholders were just as misled as customers. They're literally suing CDPR because the dev managers told them that the game was "basically ready" by December.
The "muh evil shareholders" is just socialist cope, trying to pretend that the innocent widdle artists and little guys dindu nuffin wrong and it was all the big evil shadowy shareholders that made the game bad. It's 100% pure cope to disguise the fact that after 4 years of full development, CDPR still couldn't make a good game.
>>
>>2092427
>What did we learn?
That Cyberpunk 2077TM is not an RPG
>>
>>2101378
>4 years of full development
9 years and plenty of time in quarantine lockdowns wasted
>>
>>2092468
Crucifixion quest and Arasaka ending.
>>
>>2092427
anything people could learn from this was already taught by FFXV.

Long ass development time does not automatically make a good game or a complete game.
>>
>>2101378
What's it like to see the world in black and white?
>>
>>2092427
video games are about feeding slop to hogs. gamers will gobble up literal shit as long as the ass it's coming out of has the right label on it.
>>
>>2092427
I feel sorry for those idiots who took a week off just to play the game at release.
>>
>>2092427
>In the end.
>What did we learn
We learnt that although everyone give Bethesda so much crap about their open world rpg design, no one can surpass them.
>>
>>2092427
Marketing works.
>>
>>2104974
who the hell took a week's worth of vacation just to play vidya?
>>
>>2097440
polish people shouldnt exist in the first place

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.