[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1630265729404.png (1.23 MB, 1350x1350)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB PNG
Is Areelu the best mommy?
>>
>>2092324
its funny that she turned to be your "sort of" mommy by giving you god powers
Did not expect that deviation from the adventure path.
>>
ive lost the ability to play these slow paced reading-heavy rpgs. at first i thought modern crpgs just suck but i went back to my old favorites like nwn and bg and couldn't play that shit either. i'd much rather play an open world like elex or TES at this point
>>
>>2092351
old age truly makes one senile
>>
File: Bolin Desna.jpg (99 KB, 1200x805)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
would /vrpg/ romance Sosiel if instead of a tall dude in armor he was a cute femboy that could easily pass for female if he wanted to?
pic somewhat related
>>
>>2092324
What a sexy, juicy mommy. I'd fill her up like you have no idea.
>>
>>2092398
I'm the stereotype of the depraved bisexual so yes, easily.
>>
I didn't manage to make Nurah my ally. Is it still possible to get the true ending?
>>
>>2092398
No because he'd still be a Shelynite
>>
Patch for the patch when....
>>
File: campls.png (716 KB, 1253x323)
716 KB
716 KB PNG
I like how as the game goes on and you enable (or actively participate) in her insanity Cam just stops even trying to hide things.
>>
File: 1529044043389.png (549 KB, 834x720)
549 KB
549 KB PNG
>Galfrey is actually a total pushover in combat
>>
>>2092617
Please be patient, she has Charisma
>>
>>2092620
Good she'll need it when she's undead
>>
I want to play a bard. Anyone playing one? Show me your favorite portraits!
>>
File: pathfinderelfog.jpg (739 KB, 2560x1440)
739 KB
739 KB JPG
>>2092643
Should one day do this build for wrath.
>>
>Afraid of Act 4 being unplayable
>finish it
>Afraid of Uncle Zach hating my guts
>says I'm the best student
Everything turned out for the best.
>>
>Radiance: When held in the hands of a Paladin or Good-aligned mythic creature this sword becomes a Divine Avenger.

What does that mean? Equipped by seelah/my Chaotic Good PC it's still just radiance.
>>
>act 4 is unplayable with some game breaking bug
>Mfw I'm about 10 minute pre act 4

i don't mind a game shipping with some bugs, but why the fuck are they releasing patches that just brick the game?
>>
>>2092657
Act 4 was fine for me today. The only thing was Chivarro didn't spawn my first attempt.
>>
>>2092398
>pic
>Wrath of the Righteous gets romance DLC just like Kingmaker
>but instead of two sisters it's a girl and her sister(male), and just like in Kingmaker you can make both your wife
I would
>>
>>2092611
I really like just how fucking cheerful she gets, constantly gushing aboit how the pc is her friend.
It's cute
>>
>>2092657
Act 4 is pretty bufgfree for me so far
The performance is kinda shit though and the rotating gets annoying
>>
So how do you respec without breaking everything?
>>
>>2092324
How the fuck you already finished it. Im 60 hrs in and still in act three
>>
God pathfinder is such a dogshit, autistic system. What the fuck is the point of a wooden chest having a DC 42 lock. Holy shit I hate this sperg number bloat. Why the fuck even bother using a d20 when static numbers get to be 40+. Fucking stupid nerds
>>
>>2092651
>>says I'm the best student
To get that you need to be silent and comply in every question?
>>
>Want to play Lich
>Keep hearing about all the bugs
>Things get fixed and others get broken
>Can't do Lich now because the mentor is apparently bugged and hates your guts regardless of what you do

I just want to have a skeleton of skelefun.
>>
>>2092719
I was able to get to lich path on launch. did the new patch break saves?
>>
>Play turn based
>15 minutes for a trashmob skirmish
>can easily manhandle every encounter
>play rtwp
>no idea whats happening or what effects are going off
>come out of every fight with stat/level drain or a disease or some bullshit that wouldn't have gotten off in turn based

I have no idea what they designed the game for, both modes feel bad in their own way. Rtwp though is just cancer in this game, every trashmob can -4 your con or some other bullshit
>>
>>2092738
New patch broke the fucking main quest
>>
>>2092714
A dc42 lock can be overcome with the right buffs.

High dex, high trickery, heroism, competence bonus, skill focus, lockpicks.
>>
>>2092742
two seconds after I posted this

>rtwp, enemy casters all cast Destruction on the same character at the same time
>turn based none of them even get to act before they die

it's just so fucking retarded. like two different games
>>
File: robert.jpg (251 KB, 1024x718)
251 KB
251 KB JPG
>>2092747
The enemy stats are definitely built around RTWP rather than turn-based. I never played it after they added it, but I think turn based in POE2 might've been different mechanically from it's RTWP mode? The turn based mode in this game feels like more a concession than anything else. But from Owlcat's perspective I'm sure just the idea that it has turn based means it sold more copies.
>>
File: a78yj.jpg (40 KB, 504x500)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
I can't even level up my companions in town any more. Afterwards the UI goes away and can't do shit

The game was actually more stable at launch. My newest playthrough has had multiple crashes during dialogue events and now this shit
>>
>>2092754
Go into your inventory when it's frozen, that's apparently what the patch notes say
>>
>>2092756
Thanks, that actually worked
>>
>>2092611
This reads like early 2010s Tumblr emo edgebloggers.
>>
>>2092643
Play skald instead, it is both way more flavorful and way better mechanicwise
>>
>Commander: "So are we going to do this Lich thing, or-"
>Zacharius: "NYEEEH, I'M STUDYING, LEAVE ME BE"
>>
File: dasdasd.jpg (504 KB, 1281x1285)
504 KB
504 KB JPG
To beat the bullshit you must BECOME THE BULLSHIT
seriously fuck this thing thank god for mark of justice and true strike, the "bullshit levelers" of pathfinder 1e. you too can become dogshit number bloat
>>
I wish legend path was available earlier
>>
>>2092714
t. brainlet
>>
>>2092745
>>2092836
Yea I get it the big numbers make you feel smart! You need some illusion of depth to validate your hobby
>>
>>2092742

Blyats don't know how to balance their game. So you pretty much have to keep death ward/remove fear/protect from elementmindblankmagicalvest[...]haste up erry day all day.
>>
>>2092714
Pathfinder 1e and D&D 3.5 are good only for videogames, only a fucking autist plays them on tabletop.
>>
>>2092840
Nice projection
>>
File: Capture.png (98 KB, 705x269)
98 KB
98 KB PNG
AHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>2092850
Best part is according to people on steam the main quest is broken since Areelu/Nocti wont appear.
>>
>>2092855
They rushed the patch to only half-fix a permanent problem that would bork saves, only to break the main quest for everyone.

What do you even say at this point.
>>
>>2092860
Wait for the hotfix for the hotfix for the hotfix for the patch.
>>
>>2092860
Wait a year before playing it for the first time?
>>
>there are still anons who think it is a good idea to play owlcat game on release
You are like a child who puts hand in the fire and then whines it burned you.
>>
>>2092324
She tries to murder us, to redo her whole experiment unless unless we arbitrarily fulfill a bunch of secret requirements, so not really no
>>
>>2092866
I guess they expected to be 2 steps forward , 1 step back with each patch, not 1 step forward, 3 steps back and 20 to the side.
>>
What is best to make a shield bash build with?
>>
>>2092874
Easiest is Ranger/Slayer to bypass feat requirements for TWF and get relevant feats as bonuses. Sense vitals/Slayers sneak die and other bonuses/self buffs make multiple attacks more valuable.
Second best choice is simply fighter. Still need dex, but not many other stats, so not spreading yourself thin. And you get all the feats. Can multiclass when you get most feats online.

After that, any class that gets extra combat feats. Crusader and warpriest can do it, and they have divine spell list, but stats are spread a bit and they are not full bab.

Other full bab classes will take a while to get it online (Paladin, Barb)
>>
The further I get into the game the weirder the lack of reactivity to some things is.
>>
How do I build Lann and Wenduag? I hear double throwing axes is good for Wen but how do I make that happen? And I never hear anything about Lann builds, do I keep on as Zen Archer?
>>
>avoid Angel, and go for Azata, Trickster and Aeon so on in beta, because it seemed too vanilla
>decide to go for it in the full release as cleric of Iomedae
>wind up loving being Heaven's golden boy, and just how much more to do there was for its chapter 3 unique activities with the Pulurans, the Echo of Deskari showing up early, being able to save Lariel, team up with Yaniel and learn about her past, and her friendship with Staunton and beat the shit out of Demon Lord scum all day, every day
That was unexpected, now I almost don't feel like touching the other paths anymore
>>
So is it true that damage casters in wotr suck ass compared to kingmaker? From what ive seen its impossible to make a blaster viable without merging with lich, or if it is then the damage is still shit compared to a straight martial.
>>
>>2092881
Just give her dual wielding and throwing axe ranged boosting feats, because of her stats she can still get all she needs by staying full fighter, or you can multi with Slayer for sneak dice which is appreciated early on, but you'll probably want to go back to fighter for weapon training's boosts to attack rolls
>>
>>2092881
Lann
>Zen archer full or at least until 11 for second extra attack from flurry of blows
>Zen archer till lv 3 for wisdom to hit, then something WIS dependent, like hunter or inquisitor or non shapeshifting druid
>Go druid immediately and use absurd physical stats to shift and good wisdom for the spell list, while still getting Monk's WIS to AC
>Ignore monk level, use physical stats to be any martial

Wendu:
>Pure archer till she gets most feats and weapon training, then multiclass
>Go Slayer or ranger/ Freebooter. Standard ranged feats + Two Weapon fighting will make her great with handaxes. Combat style feats combiend with standard feats will let her get both chains fast
>Go more support style/pet with Hunter
>Ignore ranged feats tax and make her a finesse martial
>>
File: 1522385442032.jpg (11 KB, 256x256)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>And thus the Knight Commander's actions changed the maps of the world of Golarion, and Mendev was henceforth known as the BONE ZONE
>>
>>2092885
Angel, Lich, Azata all make fantastic blasters.
>>
>>2092885
No. 4 out of 6 mythics paths offer great benefits for blasters.
And trickster currently offers a great benefit (because it's not working as intended, but hey).

Omly Aeon has limited benefits (partly because of gazes not working properly either).

But even without the paths, you get tons of boosts from generic mythic abilities to support said blasting.
>>
>>2092819
Does True Strike really add +20 value to attack rolls and basically always make them succeed? I never understood how insight bonuses exactly work. If it's just +20 attack value, why call it insight value?
>>
>>2092885
if you can make ember blaster I am sure you can make blaster without going lich also what
>>2092893
said
>>
File: 1613272562290.jpg (11 KB, 214x236)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>romancing camellia
>meets Commander in his private quarters with a bottle of whine
>she doses whine with invisibility potion
>drags him out to the citadel balcony to fuck in front of the entire city of Drezen
>literally fucks him five feet away from the face of the gay half-orc paladin
This single cutscene alone made it worth pushing through all of the bugs, oh my god.
>>
>>2092900
>all my companions with 24 true sight including romanced wenduag and arue watching
>>
>>2092898
Because different types of bonuses stack
Morale (spells like bless and heroism), sacred, competence etc.
If you had an insight bonus from a different source, the bonuses would not stack
>>
>pick Hellknight Signifier class during a levelup
>when the paralictors arrive at Drezen they actually talk about your acceptance into Hellknights and give you a helmet and a plate armor
Man, this game really does have a shitton of reactivity.
>>
>>2092909
Right, that makes sense.
>>
File: hellknightisgo.png (3.64 MB, 1920x1080)
3.64 MB
3.64 MB PNG
>>2092911
Generally , it is greatly improved from kingmaker.
However, there are some glaring moments there is not when you expect it
>>
>>2092887
So for Lann what Weapon do I want to focus on then if I just want to go Zen Archer? Probably a composite bow right? And do I multiclass into Slayer for Wen after getting feats as Fighter or right away?
>>
>>2092914
>Mephistopheles in the background
They could have had him generate a different appearance, this wasn't fooling anyone.
>>
>>2092914
>Hellknights use fairly strict bureaucratic language
Loved that.
>>
>>2092915
Composite to get the strength benefits.
You use shortbow or something else if you are also an archer and want to spread weapon types.
People usually go slayer right away for immediate benefits of Study target in early game, but you can try whatever you want.
>>
>Last(?) quest for Arue softlocks the game
>>
Also, how do sneak attacks work? In the sneak attack description, iirc it talks about threat range and then defines "threat ranget" requiring melee range. But I can score sneak attacks with a bow. Can you do sneak attacks with ranged touch attacks as well? What exactly is the requirement of scoring a sneak attack.
>>
>>2092928
if memory serves its either enemy is flat footed or flanked by two melees.
>>
Free crusaders are god damn based
>>
>>2092920
So shortbow for his weapon focus over longbow then? And the feats for Wen are just Two-Weapon Fighting and the ranged ones like Precise, Rapid Shot, Manyshot, and so on right? Never sure what option is a trap or not, like Rapid Shot on Zen Archer.
>>
Before I cross the Threshold should I kick anyone from my forces that I'd rather not have to bring into battle?
>>
>>2092935
he was saying if your main character was also ranged you could pick shortbow for one of you so you don't have to decide who gets the best longbow.
there's one feat that specifies when you fire a bow that you probably don't want on a throwing weapon wenduag
>>
>>2092881
>How do I build Lann
just keep him as a zen archer rather than doing meme dips, he'll delete everything still
>>
File: Fucking nerd.jpg (920 KB, 2560x1440)
920 KB
920 KB JPG
Does Cleaving shot work on throwing axes?

>>2092934
Azata is the best path, here's Darrazand failing the Incredible Might dc with a nat 1 and getting anime stunned on like the second turn of combat
>>
>>2092948
>Azata is the best path
What if I don't want to look like a giant fairy faggot?
>>
File: totallyanazata.png (42 KB, 120x161)
42 KB
42 KB PNG
>>2092948
>How do you do, fellow azatas
>>
>>2092948
Cleaving shot should work fine on throwing axes
>>
>crippling kiss
jesus that crit fishing is disgusting with this
>>
File: orc bard background.png (734 KB, 553x729)
734 KB
734 KB PNG
>>2092643
posted in other thread, but I've been using this one.
>>
File: Fulllength.png (1.12 MB, 692x1024)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB PNG
There is no better chaotic good caster portrait than this.
>>
Still waiting for that Archmage path.
>>
>>2092952
you make your PC a fucking chad and you use the "aggressive" male voice, see
>>2092953
>I lead, you follow!
>>
>>2092719
>Skeletal champion sticks at level 9
>Can't customise him or choose his feats/etc
>Can't even get rid of him
>Unique undead companions are either duplicates or poorly built
>Have to micro a living person healer and an undead healer
>Can't have a full undead party without mercenaries
Even the bonuses i'm getting aren't super strong. And the lich spellbook only provided me with one new spell so far. As a wizard, i feel like i've been scammed.
>>
>>2092969
>you make your PC a fucking chad and you use the "aggressive" male voice, see
Yeah but you still get faggy wings and butterflies flying around you
>>
>>2092974
The wings are for soaring on victory over the bones of the vanquished and the butterflies will blot out their skies. As an azata you charge the midnight fane a month early with some halflings, bandits who attack with their fists and provoke instagib opportunity attacks from Mariliths, and a literal tree. Demons get btfo. It's clearly the most chad path.
>>
What's the highest skill checks in this game? I remember in Kingmaker you had to have around 45 in Pitax.
>>
>>2092980
I like your enthusiasm but you are trying too hard.
>>
File: kindahardskillchecks.jpg (36 KB, 657x135)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>2092987
>>
>>2092714
Just pretend the inside is lined with alchemist fires to prevent forced entry.
>>
File: 1241638368837.jpg (9 KB, 250x250)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>2092989
>>
>>2092993
better get that skill focus anon
>>
>>2092994
Intimidate 82 is achievable if i wanted to waste skill points, but you need a 70 will save? Is it even possible to hit 50?
>>
>>2092997
This is a demon specific sequence, where skill checks get jacked up each time you pass one ,until you fail
>>
>>2092643
>>2092963
>>2092964
These would be amazing in kingmaker
>>
File: file.png (1.44 MB, 692x1024)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB PNG
>>2092643
I wish the face was a little better, cause this one is absolutely perfect for Wrath.
>>
Im beginning to think that this “Early Sunset” fellow is not actually an Azata at all!
>>
File: file.png (731 KB, 623x671)
731 KB
731 KB PNG
I wish I knew anything about modding, so I could mod this in as an animal companion for my demon cavalier.
>>
>>2092948
>Cleaving shot with Throwing axes
It works. Or at least it worked in the last patch.
Wenduag with Two Throwing Axes for 7APR at level 11 and Cleaving Shot must be seen to be believed. With PBM and her AC she can even off-tank a bit.
>>
>>2092988
I'm working with what I have man can you make gay ass azata sound cool?
>>
Finnean kind of sucks
>>
>>2093012
something something sirmallion
>>
>>2093000
OK, what about the normal skill checks.
>>
any work arounds for the ability damage/drain bullshit?
>>
File: file.png (2.58 MB, 1057x1515)
2.58 MB
2.58 MB PNG
>finally unlocked lich
Can the skeletal vanguard replace my niggadin as one of the party tanks? I'm sick of hearing her bitch and moan at every turn.
>>
>>2093017
Death Ward and Restoration. Also if you're an Angel you get buffs that make your party immune to a lot of that shit.
>>
>>2093017
angel merge and get enduring buffs.
>>
>>2093018
Lich is bugged as fuck, currently.
>>
>>2093018
the skeleon fucking sucks, wait until you get your first grave guard and use a mod to respec him into a tank
>>
File: 1614568390444.png (455 KB, 402x818)
455 KB
455 KB PNG
>>2093019
>>2093020
i mean the bug that came with the latest patch that causes ability damage/drain when you change maps from an unknown source........
>>
>>2093018
The minion is too barebones to be anything but a dirgebot
>>
>>2093018
Yes he can. For a couple of levels atleast.
The skeleton champion you select is actually a pet, and doesn't level at all. As far as i can tell he will still be level 9 when I'm 20. But with him you effectively have 7 party members.
That said with second rate gear and no magic buffs he has 40 AC. Healing him is a chore but if he dies you get him back when you rest.
>>
This makes me want to do scimitar build.
>>
>>2093029
The level goes up with mythic levels but it's really just not too good
>>
Would it be a good idea to save some level ups until I get the trickster ability to get feats without meeting the requirements?
>>
I fucking hate the changes they made to traps
>>
>>2093037
I'd say you could just respec later, but according to the recent patch notes if you respec you risk breaking your save game beyond recovery.
The two mythic paths they highlighted as super ultra bugged by respeccing are "lich" and "trickster".
>>
>>2093018
Why not get a dhampir custom companion?
>>
Ok did these fucking poles change the summon AI so they purposefully fuck you over? I played a monster tactician in Kingmaker and loved my meatshields, now when I summon azata or axiomites or a bogeyman or something, they find a way to hurt me. Axiomates literally casting lightning bolt over and over to hit a single electricity immune demon, hitting my entire team in the process. Bogeyman casting cone spells on everyone. What fucking gives, I don't remember summons being like this. These fucking axiomites will lightning bolt your team six times in a row and then do it again next round
>>
>>2093050
Soul vs Soulless
>>
>>2093055
Toy box lets you control summons, but i know that if I install it I won't be able to stop cheating :(
>>
>>2092855
No need to go to steam , people are confirming it everywhere, myself included.
Time to take 2 days break of this one and try Tales of arise i guess.
>>
Why does my party run slowly half the time and quickly the other half? They're at the same encumbrance level every time.
>>
>>2093064
Double click vs click.
>>
Is there a good rip of all the portraits? The ones I have, a lot of them don't have the full-length versions.
>>
>>2093066
I am not double clicking. Any time I click on an interactable the party just moves super slow.
>>
God im really indecisive on bloodrager bloodlines.
>celestial gets free good aligned attacks
>arcane is just "action economy the bloodline"
>>
>>2093072
Arcane / Abyssal when in doubt you can get good aligned weapons from spell anyway.
>>
File: file.png (478 KB, 524x778)
478 KB
478 KB PNG
>>2093072
Good aligned attacks really isn't anything amazing. It's a level 2 Oracle/Cleric spell.
>>
What are the requirements for the true ending?
>>
are there any good bastard swords? want to go with them for sword saint but don't want to use the talking weapon the whole game
>>
>>2093089
Yes
>>
File: file.png (291 KB, 540x472)
291 KB
291 KB PNG
>>2093089
oh yes, you can grab this one from a merchant at the beginning of Act 3
>>
Has anyone tried out the demonrage mod that allows it to stack?
>>
>>2093094
>>2093091
very cool
>>
If you keep the World Wound open as a Trickster, do you just die or do you pull a clutch epic prank right at the end and live?
>>
>>2093018
>playing lich
pls read patch notes and understand, small indie studio
>>
>>2093072
>>2093074
>>2093076
Celestial bloodrager's level 1 is good if you're twf or something. All your weapons are good, and all your attacks including bites and such deal a bonus 1d6 that isn't resisted by demons. Celestial/Serpentine was my pick on a Primalist; the level 1s are solid and work together, the level 4 and 8 abilities suck shit so you can swap them out for rage powers which is way better, and the abilities at 12 on are good from both bloodlines. Take lethal stance line + beast totem line for Pounce. My bloodrager charged Playful Darkness for 12 attacks and just facetanked it while rage toggling True Strike.
>>
What are the best Mythic Abilities for martials?
>>
>>2093130
One that gives dmg if you keep attacking/Ever ready/leading strike/charge if you are charger
>>
Is there a way to check which alignment gets what reactivity in Kingsmaker?
>>
>>2093130
Leading Strike and Ever ready are very good and very safe choices for most martials who do damage.
Last stand can also make a big difference (mitigate lucky crit, survive an extra turn to kill a threat etc).

After that, you have various decent choices like thundering blows and unrelenting assault or some good class specific ones (like everlasting judgement, limitless rage or second bloodline ). Archamge armor too if you can get it or cheat it.

Inspirational leader is ok, but I would not make it a priority.

Rupture restraints, dimensional retribution and such feel like they do not give you much often enough.
>>
Can legend ascend?
>>
>>2093130
Unstoppable and Rupture Restraints are essential so you an dab on cc casters
>>
>shit talked galfrey whenever possible
>refused to accept her apologies
>became best buddies with her angel friends
>got an offer to skip the queue straight to Heaven
>Mendev fades into irrelevance
>Galfrey is unable to feel like she achieved anything and desperately clings to the throne as she loses popularity
I'm satisfied
>>
Who did you guys give Finnean to?
I turned him into a longbow and gave him to Wedaug. She wrecks enemies like crazy. Fucking cold iron magic bow is nuts.
>>
>>2093145
No
>>
For me, it's Jerri
>>
>>2093076
Are demons both chaotic and evil or just chaotic? Sufficient to say, in this game 80% of enemies are demons so lawful alignment would be the way to go if you want to break the game.
>>
>>2093176
Demons are chaotic evil outsiders, honestly you can use either, but good is usually better than lawful because it also works against undead who are often lawful or neutral evil.
>>
File: Angel.jpg (61 KB, 640x960)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>2092884
Welcome to the light brother!
>>
Does anyone know of a way to respec without breaking the game?
>>
I got some weird crest as a crusade reward. What do I do with the crest? It is just sitting there in my inventory.
>>
>>2093178
True, good is likely better although the game doesn't have many undeads. But there are cultists and bandits, so.
>>
Anyone tried Trickster with umd grand trick? Do you really get to have full wizard spell progression through copying scrolls even on non caster?
>>
>>2093144
>Archamge armor too if you can get it
it's super buggy if you're not actually the caster or if you're using it from a potion or a scroll
>>
>>2093192
>it's super buggy
How so? I've been using it on my Aldori Defender from Mythic 1 and it's been great. I'm in chapter 3 now.
>>
>>2093193
maybe my game is just borked but it seems like it's 50/50 for actually working
>>
>>2092884
Doesn't Azata have the most in-game reactivity and unique content, though? Followed by Aeon?
>>
Could anyone explain me the deal behind Angel's merged spellbook? Supposedly it makes Mystic Theurge a viable class.
>>
>>2093204
Angel merges with pure divine casters so you can use it to pump up your cleric spell level without taking all levels in cleric
>>
>>2093204
angel has its own spellbook but it can merge with a spellbook of a divine caster, your angel spells appear in your spellbook instead of a second one and the angel level gets added to your class when determining your caster level, available spells and such.
>>
>>2093218
>>2093220
At what level did you get your Angel spellbook?
>>
>>2093228
8, or 9
>>
>>2093204
>>2093228

Normally, the spellbook for all mythcs progresses as 2xmythic rank (so at rank 10, you are a lv 20 caster, and in Angel's case, you have 9 spell levels).
With Angel and lich, you can merge with full divine or arcane casters respectively.

In that case, it's your caster level + Mythic rank instead.

So Theurge specifically, it works like this.
If you go cleric and merge with Angel, you get 10 extra caster levels.

So you could be a lv 1 cleric, 9 sorcerer and grab angel mythic, merge the spell book and be effectively a lv 4 cleric.
With 10 levels of mystic theurge and 10 mythic ranks in angel, you end up lv 19 sorcerer, lv 21 cleric.

Or you could just be a lv 20 sorcerer and advance the angel spellbook separately if you want.
>>
>>2093235
Hmm... that DOES sound apetising.
>>
>>2093237
Warning, you will have far too many fucking spells and uses. Your whole party could rest twice and you will still have resources, especially with abundant casting
>>
File: 1599972987184.png (66 KB, 270x360)
66 KB
66 KB PNG
>well kingdom management was the least popular part of our last game
>lets do it again except this time we'll add a terrible battle mode on top of it
>>
>>2093242
I like the kingdom management and wish it was fleshed out more.
Also proper towns and villages. Owlcat is, for some reason, allergic to those two.
>>
I want to make a big damage caster without any CC or buffing shenanigans. All about the big deeps. What's a good build? Ideally not Arcane Trickster.
>>
>>2093242
What's the matter anon, don't like Marksmen?
>>
Why are crossbows still a shit weapon type in WotR? I get that they're mainly used by casters when not casting, but like a Fighter using them should get as much use out of them as a bow
>>
>>2093263
it's just excess bloat in a game that doesn't need it
>>
>>2093242
>>2093245
I'd like if kingdom management was less fleshed out. Ruling would be cool if it was only making general decisions about the fate of the kingdom/crusade and decrees. It really doesn't need the fucking city micromanagement down to a single building. I should have city mayors and advisors to handle that shit. The building grid could be replaced with profiles of what the city should be focusing on.
>>
Is it just me or does it load Crusader battles for half a minute after today's patch? Before it took less than 5 secs.
>>
>>2093245
The kingdom management definitely needed more impact. Other than teleportation circles, the kingdom management does nothing other than cause a game over if you completely fuck it up.

A combination of the kingdom management and the crusade mechanic would be the dream.
>>
>>2093296
>A combination of the kingdom management and the crusade mechanic would be the dream.

Yeah. The nightmare. If you defend either of these absolute garbage minigames you have no clue of proper game design.
>>
File: Irabeth cowers.jpg (455 KB, 1920x1080)
455 KB
455 KB JPG
I've been avoiding the demon path so far but I am legitimately pissed off right now.
I don't know whether to go demon and kill her on the spot or demand she fight and hope the demons take her out for me.

But killing her with demon powers is probably a good way to get the queen to kill me in return.
Ordering her into battle would be a disaster if she's in command of any men.
I suppose arresting her makes the most sense? I don't know.

This a tough decision. I can see a reason for every option.
>>
>Like the idea of playing evil
>Cant handle the idea of losing companions because of COOOONTENT
>Play azata even I don't like it aesthetically, RP or power wise
Am i autistic or something?
>>
>>2093304
You are not killing her with the demon choice. You are just putting her in her place. Definitely the most satisfying way to end the conversation.
>>
>>2093306
Yes, very much so. Most companions are boring anyway and the game is such a slog that you'll be happy you don't have their quests to do. Also considering the amount of content when making in character choices is the worst case of metagaming I can imagine.
>>
>>2093304
Galfrey will disapprove if you pick demon.
>>
>>2093293
Nvm, none of my loading screens work anymore. It goes slowly to 100% and then nothing happens. Looks like my game is broken.

Ruskies are truly incompetent.
>>
>>2093314
It is what it is i guess
>>
>>2092666
>>2092691
wait till you get an audience with nocticula, because that does not exist at the moment. the whole palace is broken.
>>
>>2093265
>Why are crossbows still a shit weapon type in WotR
Because nobody bothered renaming 'composite' into 'heavy draw' for them, otherwise bows are just the same shit.
Even identical firerates as stupid as that is
>>
>>2093314
Eh i dont know, metagaming is kinda gay but if someone is only gonna play through this game once and also blind I would not recommend him to go CE evil. Like you can kill and loose half of your roster, and like it or not companion interactions is what makes this type of games enjoyable for a lot of people
>>
>>2092398
If you're gonna change them to appeal to men then make them a fucking woman, idiot. And yes, I would go Demon path to break a feminine artistic black chick into my sub.
>>
On a side note, did I miss a chance to have Nurah arrested for suspicion of treason?
She was throwing fire bombs when the camp was attacked and it was later mention that the flames are what signaled the gargoyles to attack.

I tried talking to everyone in camp but no special options appeared.
>>
>>2093327
who cares changes literally nothing
>>
>>2093327
Chance will come later.
>>
>stuck at dragon
>bored of watching the cutscene
>hit gorum.exe
>fell the beast in one go
Holy shit
>>
File: snek.png (159 KB, 484x313)
159 KB
159 KB PNG
serpentine sounds pretty funny even if most likely it sucks since poison.
>>
>>2093327
You need to find her perfume bottle in her tent directly after leper's and confront her about it first. If you let the army move on to the next warcamp before, opportunity lost
>>
Can any late game path ascend?
>>
>>2093337
Maybe GD
>>
>>2093335
Well that's fucking stupid. So much for player choice.

God forget the bug fixes. There are so many story elements that need to be fixed first. The writing needs improvement.
>>
>>2093338
What the fuck? I get swarm and legend but....
>>
>>2093338
Nope
Only paths that can ascend are Angel/Azata/Demon and Aeon
>>
>>2093343
Pretty sure Devil had ending descriptions about transforming the realms like the early paths
>>
>>2093345
Oh forgot about that one
>>
File: file.png (10 KB, 125x74)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
I'm in Blackwater right now, and I gotta ask: WHY?
>>
>>2093347
To teach you how your full BAB characters can get +30 AB with just Cleric/Wiz standard buffs, before class abilities and per round buffs factor in, never mind mythic
>>
>>2093340
That said you can confront her about the firebombs but she will make an excuse and your mc will eat it up
Need to confront about bug-perfume first, hear that excuse, later confront about firebombs and then you can go "stop lying shortstack" and she will crack.
I agree it is a pretty ass solution, at least a high bluff roll or something when you have one proof against her should be enough, esp. for classes like Inq. or Rogue
>>
wait are the sohei and base monk flurry of blows meant to be different? because the description says the exact same
>>
Why would GD not be able to ascend?
>>
>>2093357
Right so apparently you were slightly mistaken.

You can in fact confront her about it right before the siege. You just have to walk outside the command tent and visit her. The perfume is still there.
>>
>>2093356
I am at +30, but they're still missing A LOT.
>>
>>2093362
Ah cool! I should not bitch based on memories of the beta then.
>>
Chaotic good chads im tired of winning
>>
>>2093366
Well, study target, debilitating hex, smite evil/mark of justice, bard/skald song, freebooter bond, evil eye/hampering hex etc would make things even better.
>>
So, I picked a Crossblooded Sorcerer with copper/earth to get +1 per die of acid damage and turning all elemental damage into acid at will, as a basis for a Hellknight Signifier. Did I fuck up? Are acid blasters terrible because demons everywhere or can I make it?
>>
>>2093372
Anon ascendant element exists, enemies resisting shit is pointless
>>
>>2092324
Quick question
Is the MC Demon redemption locked behind Gold Dragon asking for maximum Arue kino.
>>
>>2092617
thundercaller bard when risen as a lich LOL no "crusader queen" my ass
>>
>>2093304
I asked you before. SPOILER THIS SHIT.
>>
Is there anything I can do against call lightning that oneshots my archers?
>>
>>2093382
try bringing another unit instead of archers for that fight
>>
is the game fucked for anyone else post patch? Can't get through a section without crashing.
>>
>>2093388
Yeah, they fucked up multiple shit.
>>
This game becomes really shit after act 2.
>>
I feel like we regressed since neverwinter nights then it comes to evil RP
>>
>>2093375
Well, that sounds great. I'm going to douse the Worldwound with vitriol, that should deal with it.
>>
>>2092866
I rode the patch wave in Kingmaker never encountering any disrupting bugs. Looks like same thing is happening again. I did lose Dazzling Display to a bug, but the latest patch already fixed it.
>>
>>2093397
You should probably buy some lottery tickets, bro.
>>
What goes better with a base Inquisitor Class? Angel or Azata?
>>
>>2093388
Try killing your old pre-patch cache.
Remove anything but savegames, portraits and settings file from your local files owlcat/WotR folder, and endure a pretty long first start.
With some luck it will be more stable after that
>>
>>2093393
It's like the people writing it don't even know how to consider what evil is and how it may work and instead have to resort to infantilized stereotypes of evil.
>>
>>2093388
Yes, can't play right now because my loading screens get stuck. Checked Steam and other people have the same issue. The game's broken.
>>
What's the best build for regill? Full fighter? Full hell knight? Something else?
>>
File: 1610544972031.gif (38 KB, 508x347)
38 KB
38 KB GIF
>bug where a newly recruited companion starts at level 0
>ok no prob I'll just turn him into whatever I want
>CHOOSE A PORTRAIT
>wait what
>back out of the level up
>new character is now considered my main character
>his default portrait pops up in dialogue instead of my character's portrait
>test out what happens when he dies
>game over
>reload save before I recruited him, losing basically a full hour
>rush through, make different decisions
>bug is persistent across saves
What the fuck? How is this bug even possible? Has anybody managed to fix this or am I just stuck without this dude?
>>
>>2093403
No blackmail, no taking advantage of the weak only
>I don't like your face, die!
I am all for random murderhobo-ing but can't I at least squeeze them for profit first, owlcat?
>>
>>2093407
3 hellknight levels to get the frightening perk, absolutely no more hell knight levels thereafter
make him an intimidator
>>
>>2092881
Lann
Zen3/Demonslayer1/Deliverer10/Mutation Warrior5
>>
What wizard spells can I get that ignore Spell Resistance? Having to pass two, or three checks to land a spell is fucking bullshit.
>>
>>2093414
Mythc Spell Focus iirc grants spells of one school to ignore all immunities and spell resistancies.
>>
File: 1631712329424.jpg (2.03 MB, 2448x1836)
2.03 MB
2.03 MB JPG
As a chaotic good bard aiming for the Azata path, should I pick Wenduag or Lann at the beginning?
I'm tempted by turning spidercat gal into a stabby rogue considering the next three characters I'm going to recruit are all casters, but I don't want to be forced into the evil path.
>>
>>2093414
Conjuration in general ignores spell resistance
>>
>now nobody can progress past chapter 4 because Owlcat are a bunch of retards who break major things every time they patch the game
Did they even test this game?
>>
The difficulty spikes in this game are absolutely retarded. First you fuck up an optional boss that only few % of players managed to beat on core, next you have to lower difficulty against a fucking dragon with impossible AC/attack. Stat bloat in the game is insane

>Inb4 wait until you're higher level
Quests are time gated so you can't.

Oh wait, the game is balanced around angels with their broken spellbook, not weaker paths like demon or azata. No wonder my party dropped off a cliff after Drezen
>>
>>2093431
>azata weaker
admit you are retarded
>>
>>2093408
Not idea what they thought adding that shit, but there is literally some "m_MainCharacter":<GUID> part at the end of the player.json inside your savefile now. So you can probably fix it that way
>>
>>2093431
>only few % of players managed to beat on core
Only a few % of players play on core to begin with. I'd imagine the vast majority of people play with custom settings. So that really says nothing.
>>
>>2093429
People who didn't wait two years for a Definitive Enhanced Plus Edition are the beta testers, my dude.
>>
>>2093421
Lann is a bro, Wenduag is a bitch. Wendy is easy to keep loyal if you're evil but if you're good she will try to fuck you over eventually. There is a way to soften her up and shift her alignment towards neutral but I don't now the exact steps.r0gmr
>>
>>2093421
You mean at the beginning, in the village? I picked Wenduag because she seemed more resonable, but if you pick her you can still go with lann.
If you mean the final choice at the end of the maze, consider this: Wenduag is an evil backstabbing cunt. Lann is a weirdo, but generally a cool guy.
Now figure out which one you should be hanging out with, mr chaotic good.
>>
>>2093429
That's your job, paypig.
>>
which animal companion is best for tripping? leopard, wolf, dog? does it even matter?
>>
>>2093441
>if you're good whe will try to fuck you over eventually
No, even if you are evil she will try to fuck you over eventually.
>>
>can't leave iz once you start doing the quest
>three of my party members are on death's door before i even have a chance to fight deskari
This is gonna be a rough one
>>
>>2093443
lmao I didn't pay for this shit. Just like Kingmaker I pirated it.
>>
>>2093444
those are all good, add bully class to it for +2 on every attempt and watch them all fall down.
>>
>>2093447
I hope played Freebooter
>>
>>2093434
QRD on how to fuck around with that and brick my savefile? You're already more helpful than OwlCat has been
>>
File: oglaf.png (152 KB, 293x298)
152 KB
152 KB PNG
>Cave gargoyles kick my ass so hard I'm forced to retry multiple times
>Finally realize they're not immune to fear
>Craft Scare scrolls at inflated DCs every single rest since then
>mfw the Lost Chapel shit happens
>>
>kill queen and res her
>she's a fucking bard
What the fuck
>>
File: 1631638813433.gif (3.67 MB, 232x198)
3.67 MB
3.67 MB GIF
>>2093433
Azata is weaker off Drezen, angel can just merge their spellboook while Azata don't even get superpowers. You get what? An dragon that's useless against bigger dragons and a song that does jackshit.

Meanwhile angels get LITERAL NUKES.
>>
>>2093333
The plus melee range seems good
Some kind of meme reach weapon cleave build maybe
>>
>>2093454
Azata gets an AoE enemy-only Greater Dispel spell and apparently auto-regen on your MC so you never run out of HP.
>>
>>2093462
Maybe at some point, my post was about difficulty spikes and game's clearly balanced around angels.
>Hurr durr you'll catch up with angels during act 5
Who cares nigga?
>>
Can someone explain Elemental Specialist to me?
it says you can convert spell dmg to a chosen element
but what does it mean?
does that mean magic missile will do fire dmg if I choose fire?
>>
>>2093441
>>2093442
Hmm yeah but that means Seelah is going to be my only frontliner while I'm stuck with 4 casters using xbows and a zen archer. That's a bit worrisome.

I wish Lann wasn't locked into a ranged class, at least the bitch is more versatile.
>>
Why are all the undead companions so fucking disappointing? Shit builds, no interactivity with the world or other companions, one of them doesn't even have a story blurb
What a fucking let down
>>
>>2093472
>less dogshit writing
sounds good to me
>>
>>2093441
>>2093445
I'm in chapter 5 and she hasnt betrayed me yet. Pretty sure she covertly met that demon we slapped the shit out of in chapter 4 though.
>>
I know weapons like Falchion, Scimitar, Rapier, Scythe are fucking overpowered. But how feasible is to use a Heavy Flail or Flail as weapon?
>>
>>2093468
What are you talking about, you get both qualities straight from Drezden.
>>
>>2093470
Camcam is a decent frontliner
>>
>>2093431
Lich, Azata, and Trickster are all stronger than Angel. Trickster does take a decent bit longer to hit its power spike, but its peak is definitely higher.
>>2093454
Merging spellbooks is a big power spike, sure, but it's only clerics/oracles/shamans/druids that get to really abuse that power spike. And Azata gets quite a bit more than a companion and the song
>>2093468
If you're having difficulty figuring out how to build your characters or plan around encounter design there's no shame in lowering the difficulty anon
>>
>>2093476
She can betray you in her chapter 5 quest.
>>
>>2093478
No you don't? Look up the path progression m8
>>
File: tsk.jpg (607 KB, 1264x770)
607 KB
607 KB JPG
>>2093451
their savegame.ZKS are simply zip files open them with winrar or 7zip
Inside are tons of .json files, glorified textfiles you can open with notepad++ or such
Open player.json with that, hit "line wrapping" so you can actually read shit, and scroll to the very end of the file.

Should look roughly like pic related.
A bit above are the ID-strings for all the party members, and I THINK those even listed are in the same order as in your savegame.
So if you are lucky, you can simply find your MCs ID and make him the MC again.
If that shit does not help try installing UMM, Toybox and respec-mod and maybe you can trick your way out of the bug with those tools at hand
>>
File: file.png (902 KB, 610x848)
902 KB
902 KB PNG
>>2093470
That's no trouble. He was a hunter in his tribe, so just get him to Zen Archer level 3 so you get Ki and Wis to Bow accuracy and put the rest of his levels into Hunter. Animal Companions are amazing tanks.
>>
>>2093472
Staunton has one instance of interactivity when you fight Minagho but yeah that's it. Really disappointing. Also how come nobody ever talks about the dual wielding undead guy? Is he easily missed or something?
>>
>>2093484
Doesn't angel use wis to cast? So oracles get kinda fucked
>>
>>2093492
Where's the dual wielding guy at?
>>
File: 1631651548217.png (670 KB, 707x1000)
670 KB
670 KB PNG
>>2093484
My problem isn't with building characters, they dumbster everything else really. The gripe is with encounters balanced around powerspikes like angel.

Some of the fights are impossible without the correct path which blows ass. I didn't have problem in Drezen, despite it being only one level below me because it wasn't balanced for a mythic path I didn't pick
>>
>>2093494
When merged it uses casting stat of class and unmerged it uses mythic points.
>>
>>2093486
My Mythic level is 3 and I have both the GD AoE and regen.
>>
>>2093492
you can get more undead companions other than the two on the wiki page?
>>
>>2093469
Only elemental damage. Magic missiles is magic damage, not elemental.
>>
>>2093492
He's found in the mine at the end of act 4. He has literally no character, no story, nothing. Only good thing is he starts at level 3 so you can make him what you want.
>>
>>2093431
>Quests are time gated so you can't.
Which ones are time gated? Because if the dragon is filtering you, no shame in doing your mythic quest first. IIRC I did the dragon two months after Wintersun
>>
>>2093489
Hey thanks man I really appreciate the help
I only shitposted here because I tried toyboxing my way out and using the respec mod but somehow all options for respeccing everyone other than the newly acquired companion have been erased
fingers crossed
>>
>>2093503
I don't and according to wiki you shouldn't either
>>
>>2093505
The wiki is incomplete, more news at 11.
>>
>>2093484
Wait.... you can merge an Angel's spellbook with the Druid one?
>>
>>2093499
>Some of the fights are impossible without the correct path
Ok, you keep telling yourself that buddy
>>
>>2093499
>Some of the fights are impossible without the correct path which blows ass
Lower the difficulty or git gud
>>
>>2093505
Yeah full list is
Staunton
Delamare
Ciar
Kestoglyr
Galfrey

You can also have an undead Terendelev serve you but obviously she doesn't join your party.
>>
>>2093512
Yes, on release they expanded the merge to all full divine casters (so Druids and Shamans, not just Clerics/Oracles)
>>
Im wanting to toybox my lich companions and respec them, but with the recent issues I feel like im rolling a D20 to check if I succeed my save file not being corrupted every time i do
>>
>>2092351
Im 35 and I still adore this. I do skip through dialogue ive already read, but new stuff is just as interesting as it was 20 years ago for me.
>>
>>2093512
Well druid IS a full divine caster
>>
File: 1571190310015.png (219 KB, 435x486)
219 KB
219 KB PNG
>did lann's quest
>defeated savamelekh
>journal is stuck telling me that i still need to defeat savamelekh
Another act 5 surprise.
>>
File: 1631419169851.jpg (42 KB, 353x405)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>2093513
>>2093514
Fucking angelfags I swear
>"Oh you don't have my instawin button? Gitgud :^)"
>>
>>2093516
Can a dirge Bard Lich inspire undead companions?
>>
>>2093522
Atleast you got out of the abyss before everyone there got bricked.
>>
File: Cunt.png (792 KB, 570x772)
792 KB
792 KB PNG
Fuck this guy
>>
>>2093526
So its not just me? The fucking portals broke after the most recent patch for me so Im literally stuck, and when I dimension door it wont let my guys move.
>>
>>2093510
That's because WotR Wiki doesn't have all the information. An incompetent website doesn't mean the game lacks the content that the website missing.
>>
>>2093518
You dont respec with toybox anyway, it only does that as a side-thought. Use the dedicated respec mod if anything.
>>
>>2093529
Apparently Areelu/Nocti wont appear alongside Chivarro in slums but that's minor.
>>
>>2093528
wintersun should not be in such close proximity to drezen. Unless you meta game knowledge that place and KNOW you should do it at later levels or specifically prepare for it, the zone is bullshit given its relative close location. fking blackwater makes sense cause its buttfuck nowhere but this place is almost just as bad
>>
>>2093499
I cant even fathom what you are talking about. Azata doesnt powerspike for shit and I've been doing just fine on daring. Yes, I know daring isn't core, but on core or higher you better expect to minmax a bit.
>>
>>2093535
Wintersun is nowhere near as shitty as blackwater outside like 2 fights.
>>
How the fuck did azata got more reactivity AND a extra companion while angel is the default good guy path and gets fucking no companion
>>
>>2093541
FK blackwater, have ascended lightning nenio ready for that garbage. my first save file got corrupted, and I think I spent like 4 hours in blackwater without it
>>
>>2093523
What are you even talking about? Since you mentioned "literal nukes" I guess you're talking about Bolt of Justice? At that point of the game any buffed and properly-built martial can put out more DPR than a CL12 Bolt of Justice. Hell, even Owlcat-designed Regill can shit all over those numbers with his bugged hammer
>>
>>2093535
I feel like Blackwater is the only area in the game that has truly class/gear-specific bullshit. I ran through Wintersun veasily. Granted, I never visited the western most province of the map because I got tired at the game and just wanted to finish it.
>>
>>2093541
But Blackwater is completely optional. Wintersun is part of the main quest. I knew what was coming because I played the beta but I imagine that anyone who hasn't is in for a nasty surprise with some of the encounters there.
>>
>>2093535
I've done basically everything else here but this fucker is on a completely different level.
>>
>>2093545
cause they are clearly playing favourites. Or how AIVU is better than your skele champions even without gear. or how she has more lines than all your undead companions put together x100
>>
>>2093347
Use upgraded finnean to ignore armor and shields and shatter defences to ignore dodge and dex.
>>
>>2093551
Blackwater has great loot though. You definitely should go there.
>>
PSA: If you kill staunton during the drezen seige he drops a +3 adamantine glaive that eats blackwater resistances btw
>>
>>2093555
>more lines than undead
aivu has unironically more lines than some of the companions you get in act 1 and 2
>>
>>2093555
Aivu is precious. That her sonic breath just deletes demons is a bonus.

That being said, I disagree she is OP. Azata scales up slow. You will be finished with Act 4 before you start really ramping as an Azata. You can't even get a second superpower until you are almost Act 5, out of 4 superpowers. Its silly.
>>
I'm not getting the +2 for attack when using bloodrage
Why
I have rage effects accepeted
>>
is it worth taking a single divine class as a martial if im going angel?
>>
>>2093564
You clearly haven't seen how weak skeletal champions is then lol
>>
>>2093564
>>2093562
>>2093555
are their more lines/reactivity if you switch to GD from azata or stick to azata?
>>
>pick Endless Rage
>you actually have to bother reactivating Rage for every single fight
Please tell me there is an option to keep skill activated no matter what?
>>
File: hit it, aivu.jpg (101 KB, 800x533)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>2093555
>Or how AIVU is better than your skele champions even without gear.
I mean, this part at least makes sense since shes supposed to be a dragon on mythic roids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R43dYg_Kuc0&ab_channel=NoahJohnson
>>
>>2093558
>upgraded finnean
I don't have him upgraded yet.
>>
>>2093571
I mean should it make sense in terms of gameplay tho? Both are mythic specific companions, you would think their power would be relative. Dragon on mythic roid vs skeletal champion on mythic roids idk man maybe im just a lichpal to the bone but that should be a fair fight kek
>>
>>2093574
I mean as a lich you are more of a trashlord rather than super units like other mythics
>>
>>2093545
>How the fuck did azata got more reactivity
Where? I barely see anything.
>>
>>2093567
I mean, skeletals being shit is a different issue, but Liches and Angels get very strong spells almost immedietely, whereas, like I said, Aivu is your only real "power boost" as an Azata until you hit 4, get a superpower, then you get nothing else until the end of act 4. And even Aivu, as wonderful a she is, starts with no spells and is a paper bag. She doesn't get scary until basically act 5 as well.
>>
I can't even be a good pupil for zachy daddy why even live
>>
Is Legend a valid choice or just a meme? Particularly as a martial character.
>>
If I rest too much am I going to have to defend against progressively harder demons attacking the capital?
>>
>>2093570
>rage is an in combat skill
>y cant i rage out of combat
read your skills dipshit
>>
>>2093578
Aivu comments constantly. Like all the time. She chimes in more than most companions.
>>
Lich gets some insane spells, having a shitty skeleton pet is a minor trade off.
>>
>>2093586
Do you lose it if you go GD?
>>
>>2093570
On multiple runs with ragers who took Limitless Rage I have never, ever had to reactivate rage
>>
Meanwhile my galfrey comes back as a thundercaller bard. slavs why
>>
>>2093581
What counts as being a good student? I know there's two variations, one where he genuinely respects you and gives you a gift as a a graduation present and one where he just shits on you.
>>
File: adult aivu.jpg (153 KB, 798x1200)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
>>2093574
>vs skeletal champion on mythic roids
Are they *actually* on mythic roids tho?

Because your mythicness rubs off Aivu in both gameplay and story. And iirc your undead companions are just people you rezzed normally without sharing your own personal power
>>
>>2093582
id argue that legend is probably the strongest path, 40 levels is fucking nuts dude
>>
>>2093586
>Aivu comments constantly.
That's what you meant by reactivity? Come on dude, I get unique Lich dialog options every other minute.
>>
>>2093599
Alright? Good for you?
>>
Can you add companions from other paths without the game exploding? if so how?
>>
>>2093555
Nigga if you are not using over 9000 skeleton summons and sending disgustingly strong nukes in meanwhile, you are playing Lich wrong.
>>
>>2093596
Of course, they should be at least. It explains why all my undead companions get mythic levels. It's just the champion that tends to fall behind hard. It doesn't even have the stats to cast spells if you wanted to turn it into a divine/arcane lmao
>>
>>2093586
>chimes
>unique reactivity
>over having actually different shit to do and outcomes in story
>>
>>2093599
>I get unique Lich dialog options every other minute.
How is Lich reactivity? It's badass?
>>
>Lich cucks still seething
zacharias needs a asscleaning,chopchop!
>>
I wish some datamining anon would finally post a reactivity list so this fucking dick measuring contest that is taking place everyday would come to an end
>>
>>2093608
you get some sweet lich reactivity with the undead druid in wintersun and wirlong in the fleshmarkets. making a dead demon lord bow down before you is also pretty kino
>>
>>2093597
Thinking of a dwarf with shield and spear, Disciple of the Pike 5, Demonhunter 3, fighter 2, Spawn Slayer 10 and Instinctual Warrior 20 or something. Fuck the gods, I'm doing it myself kinda dwarf.
>>
>>2093516
How do you get undead terendelev? Her corpse was sitting there before I fought deskari but had no option
>>
>>2093611
Who gives a fuck about reactivity, at least 3 mythic paths if not more can't even clear the game most of the time
>>
The undead, fey, infernal and divine bloodline seem kinda shit for magus or is it just me?
>>
>>2093618
>Who gives a fuck about reactivity
i do
>>
>>2093619
Undead has neat damage resistances.
>>
>>2093621
Play azata, grats your a huge faggot with tons of reactivity, a fairy dragon, and butterfly fking wings. pls sir, I yield
>>
well, I'm waiting for the blasphemy paralisis to wear off from nenio.

In the meantime, any fun, not min-maxing build for Regill? I love him, but I feel I could do better
>>
>>2093618
>Who gives a fuck about reactivity
go away, retard.
>>
At which mythic rank does my horse turn into a skelly horse, when I go through the full Lich transformation?
>>
>>2093449
Thanks anon, I'm thinking about respecing Arue into a hunter since ranger favored enemy demon got nerfed to shit. Think I'll go for leopard since its uses dex as main stat for more ac.
>>
>>2093453
Paladins don't get to keep being paladins once they're undead.
>>
File: unknown.png (285 KB, 476x596)
285 KB
285 KB PNG
>fail a save for instant death or pass the save for up to a 300 damage slap
>>
>>2093615
you could be a true godkilling machine and do some shield bashing
>>
Your faggot dragon making useless comments ≠ reactivity
>>
>>2093635
how'd you get that spell?
>>
>>2093634
I get that but how do you go from sword and board paladin to crossbow bard?
Would have made more sense to make her a fighter or a warpriest like Staunton
>>
>>2093635
>long range
>will save, which are typically the easiest of the three to get through
How many casts of this do you get per rest?
>>
>>2093627
>any fun, not min-maxing build for Regill?
Hellknight 10
>>
>>2093626
i was being serious. I dont wanna play through the game 6 times (number of main paths) so I'm unironically interested whats the most reactive experience because it also enhances Roleplaying. Like i don't want to play through the game lets say for example as Torag Lich cleric that has 2 lines like in Kingsmaker if a angel sarenrae paladin gets way more acknowledgment from npcs choices and so on instead. I feel like this is defendable position
>>
>>2093636
Or drop a level of Rowdy in there and go for 10d6 additional precision damage on a vital strike from my sneak attack dice.
>>
File: 45673567345.jpg (58 KB, 831x799)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>get to drezen assault
>plan was to go sword saint angel
>angel is fucking shit with sword saint
>made all the lawful angel of retribution choices already
>feel bad about going azata with the choices i made
>reroll as battle oracle so i can bring law to the abyss in my shining armor
respeccing daeran into a sword saint for my new frontliner this time i guess
>>
>>2093646

I like your way of thinking.
>>
>>2093650
Azata or Angel. I think Aeon is also a good path for RP but it has less "reactivity" than those two. Depends on whether you'd rather rp a CG type, NG/LG type, or just pure lawtist
>>
>>2093652
Rowdy Rogue is pretty cool.
>>
>>2093650
Lich gives you three optional companions (not including the your personal skeleton bodyguard) who are limited to Lich. And since playing a Lich is quite rare in RPGs, I'd recommend playing it at least once.

Azata has great utilities but content-wise you are not really missing much when you don't have this retarded dragon following you around. It can actually be a nuisance, when it follows you in HUBs too and you have to wait for him before you can leave the area.

The dragon asked if I wanted him to leave, I said yes, and then the dragon just answered that he can't. Nice RP options there, Owlcat.
>>
>>2093662
And you only need one level to get vital force from him.
>>
>>2093660
>>2093664
Thx anons
>>
>>2093296
exactly.
>war of the river kings
I was expecting an actual war between two kingdoms and your kingdom stats finally being the deciding factor for how this chapter plays out, but turns out
>your party of 6 walks around pitax freely and kills their bases
>then walks right into the enemy capital, talk their subjects into revolt and assassinate their king
>all the while your whole ass kingdom does nothing but wait for you to do everything
seriously?
The whole time i was waiting for kingdom management to actually pay off in ways other than artisan upgrades and teleport circles
>>
>>2093635
>level 6
jesus
>>
File: 5353473457435.jpg (49 KB, 692x969)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>nenio
>only proper arcane caster you get
>opposition school conjuration
these niggas put 5 pit spells in the game and the only good caster has opposition school for them
>>
I feel the game really ramped up the quality of the maps compared to kingmaker

The lost chapel is beautifully contort and rich of hidden enemies and good loot
>>
>>2093664
>The dragon asked if I wanted him to leave, I said yes, and then the dragon just answered that he can't.
Pffff
>>
>>2093664
>Lich gives you three optional mercenaries
fixed that for you salty rattlebones, stop seething about the dragon

I would agree with him tho that you should go Lich if you want to play Evil. Demon Is cool but not really unique to that setting, a lot of RPGs let you go demonic or something similar and devil is sadly not existent otherwise i would recommend that
>>
>>2093635
Where the fuck is that from? It's not Lich, not Cleric, not Wizard. Also how is that level 6?
>>
File: Edgeboi.jpg (73 KB, 415x739)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>2093656
Meanwhile I'm doing a Vergil-kun Demon Sword Saint-Duelist and just teleporting into the enemy backline and parrying everything.
>>
When resting the Brew Potion section has an option to downgrade CL. What exactly does this do besides making the DC easier?
>>
>>2093627
>>2093646
If you decide to give him at least 8 levels of HK I definitely recommend getting the Pentamic Faith Discipline for the Travel Domain coupled with the Domain Zealot Mythic Ability for Swift Action 10 ft Teleport to get him in the middle of the action while still full-attacking.
>>
>>2093675
Her opposition schools are abjuration and divination though
>>
>>2093686
Make the potion worse
>>
>>2093680
Devil path is so unfinished is hillarious
No one even leaves your party if you turn into one in front of them, kek
>>
>>2093680
That was my first post regarding this Aivu discussion so I don't have to stop anything, I just started. I am playing Azata myself and the dumb dragon is mostly annoying to me.

>three optional mercenaries
Let's be honest, all companions in this game are garbage writing-wise. The fact that they are silent type post-death (they are undeads, it makes sense RP-wise) is only a plus.

Granted, with Lich I found it annoying how I had to listen undeads moaning constantly in Drezden, even during loading screens. I think it continued even in the world map. That was the most annoying part about the Lich path but there was a lot to do.
>>
Playing as an old man after a certain reveal feels really weird when talking to mommy.
>>
>>2093664
>three optional companions
the downside is that all 3 of them are pure trash
>>
>>2093699
>Let's be honest, all companions in this game are garbage writing-wise
Nah I like most of them more than Kingsmaker, its clearly an upgrade
>>
>>2093683
Based, I've already done a Vergil playthrough in kingmaker and wrath but gonna do another one cause it's too much fun.
>>
>>2093698
Why would they? Devil is a lot less evil than the other evil mythics.
>>
>messed up a build by accident
>respec is completely broken
fuck
>>
>>2093698
Any reactivity of Galfrey romance to Devil?
>>
>>2093588
it's actually amazing how useless this little fucker is
he's still level 10 despite being mythic level 7
I slapped dirge bard on him because why not and at least now he debuffs some trash mobs in the turn before he gets one-tapped down to death's door
>>
File: 1415145988008.jpg (29 KB, 663x422)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>Regil kills the Nabasu boss in one round before the mythic path story trigger even happens
Uh I thought you guys said Hellknight sucks?
>>
>>2093711
>Devil whole existence is to shoha other people and than torture their Souls in Hell
>The devil that shows up literally tells you this in court
>Nah is a lot of less evil!
yeah ok buddy
>>2093717
Idk I didn't romance the hag when I was playing it
>>
>>2093682
Unused spell
>>
>all those mythic path discussions throughout several threads
>nobody mentions trickster at all
And here i thought galaxy troll archetype would be the most popular and discussed
>>
>>2093705
On the same level as all the other companions in the game, yes.

>>2093707
>more than Kingmaker
Both have one-dimensional garbage companions so you aren't really convincing me.

The thing with undead companions being one-dimensional actually makes sense, because you have crushed their wills and you are their master. As a Lich, all you really need is an obedient, submissive minion who does as she is told and keeps calling you master. In that context, one-dimensionality makes sense.
>>
>>2093713
Time for another restart.
>>
>>2093724
Huh. I wonder why.
>>
>>2093726
Lich sucks bro stop seething
>>
>>2093717
You can't romance her as a Devil. She rejects you with the "your powers are too unreliable" line.
>>
>>2093705
>>2093664
>3 optional
bros, it's five. you can go full undead if you want.
sure, all they can do is sputter and groan, but that's better than listening to nenio talk about reddit threads
>>
>>2093713
respec with bag of tricks works fine, it's just owlcat's respec is busted
>>
>>2093725
I mean theres not much to talk, outside probably the randomness of his ability summons being wild hunt creatures
>>
>>2093733
>devil
>anything but reliable
>>
>>2093721
Hellknight has nothing to do with it, the hammer he gets in that area (Honorable Judgement or w/e) is bugged. The extra damage applies to every hit, and then the axiomatic damage applies on top of that as well, resulting in some triple dip shit
>>
>>2093731
In what respect? RP-wise definitely not because it provides a lot of content and when it comes to utilities, it doesn't even matter when Mythic feats/skills are OP and universal between all Mythic paths. No matter what Mythic path you choose, you will be OP. And you can definitely build something around Lich.
>>
>>2093709
Do you think Demon into Legend is fitting?
>>
>>2093736
No respec works for me anymore, Hilur, ToyBox, Respec Mod. All broken.
>>
>>2093721
Most people are too retarded to make regil work.
>>
>>2093739
I thought the same thing, but I guess they didn't want to bother adding another rejection line so they reused the one for Azata and Trickster.
>>
>>2093733
>She is fine with dating the cultist of Asmodeus
>But him becoming a devil is a step too far
>>
>>2093735
Who are the ones aside of undead ranger, Staunton and Ciar?
>>
I want to be decimated by Regill for failing in my duty as a hellknight
>>
>>2093741
>Alot of content
being the bitchboi of another saltybones and doing mmorpg quests is not a lot of content. The most unique thing you can do as lich is raising 3 mercenaries which you try to deflect by downplaying other companions
>>
>>2092324
Too many +1 weapons, how to sell them all together?
>>
Anyone here using this?

https://github.com/Vek17/WrathMods-TabletopTweaks
>>
Can you respec the succubus as a bard?
>>
File: file.png (1.69 MB, 692x1024)
1.69 MB
1.69 MB PNG
>Here's your upgraded Arue bro.
>>
>>2093747
What got my jimmies rustled was having no Asmodeus reactivity when shes talking shit about our Dark prince
>>
>>2093745
Nah, most people have enough presence of mind to see the unique hammer drop and then give it to him, which is literally all it takes.
And he works best without taking any more levels of Hellknight, since the class is kinda dogshit compared to what's out there.
>>
>>2093758
I get vampire vibes from this but still better than original.
>>
>>2093744
all memes aside your save is probably corrupted then, since Owlcat released a patch this morning that fixed the respec issue.
You have to literally restart from before chapter 2
>>
File: absolute death.png (376 KB, 453x665)
376 KB
376 KB PNG
>>2093728
>>2093674
>>2093682
It's supposed to be a level 10 spell. Why did they scrap these anyway? I remember them confirming they'd be in the game in an AMA
>>
File: Bugged.png (538 KB, 459x732)
538 KB
538 KB PNG
>>2093740
Oh.
>>
>>2093758
>just make her a bimbo bro
horrible like the val alternative potraits
>>
>>2093760
While I agree putting him fully into hellknight is retarded putting few to get frighten is worth it.
>>
>>2093751
You are not making any sense. The amount of content doesn't depend on your role in a storyline: the storyline itself is the content, whether you are the master, the servant, the housemaid, the blacksmith, it doesn't matter. And the quality of Lich quests is the same as with other Mythic paths, which mostly consist of quick visits to places. And your argument, that undead companions "downplay" other companions, is completely unaware of the fact that other companions downplay undead companions if you choose them. And there is always a choice, you can choose to not play with the undeads you rise. Nothing you just said reduces the amount of content, that's just what the game is.
>>
On the Third Date with Vex, is there any way to not have her irritated or unhappy? Pick a wildly new alignment response? I went Chaotic for Arena, then Romantic
>>
>>2093701
From the timeline, MC (assuming they're not an elf), could be up to 70 years old in age, if Areelu was really fast about her experiment, since Targona notes she first got a hold of our soul not long after she was taken in, which happened at the end of the Second Crusade
>>
>>2093737
its not random. trickster is tied to the fey.
>>
>>2093763
oh
>>
>>2093758
Non-canon, as it's mentioned in game she has short hair and doesn't want to keep it long
>>
SO what happens if you chose iomeme as your godess/are a cleric of her but don't comply to ging legendcuck?
>>
File: 1631625017164.jpg (58 KB, 353x500)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
Whole mythic paths is hackery and just dilating the game. There should've been just two, Angel and demon.

Every stretch (((goal))) has just made the game worse and worse
>>
File: 20210915144414_1.jpg (269 KB, 1633x654)
269 KB
269 KB JPG
I'm confused, how do I get to Bone Hills? I don't see any path to get there.
>>
>>2093772
She will always be a moody bitch, just make sure to spread around all of your responses so things don't have to end in murder
Even though should still in fact fuck her up
>>
>>2093683
the mystic ability which basically nothing personnels any spellcasters is pretty kino too
>>
>>2093758
>Those open fish lips.

Is that Rey Skywalker?
>>
Hey anons, how are you supposed to survive in arena in sosiels quest after saving trever those two just get insta gibbed by enemies.
>>
>>2093772
I think there is a way to fuck her as a a demon but I can't remember.
>>
>>2093765
Yeah he basically rolled an extra 12d6 there
>>
>>2093798
Try actually leveling up your characters, and using their spells, anon
>>
>>2093754
yeah its working pretty nice and the guy updates like a mf
Trouble is he is one to get rid of common exploits that owlcats happily leaves in, so judge for yourself if the added stuff is worth the "sane DMs would rule this out" decisions
>>
>>2093798
heal potions for trever and a prebuffed sosiel
>>
>>2093764
>inb4 they only add them in the eventual definitive edition
Alternatively they appear in the dlc you can import your character
>>
>>2093804
Dont think its enough those archers just kill him and nigger doesn't even have weapon on him.
>>2093810
Yeah I suppose thank god I am angel.
>>
What's untyped damage?
>>
>>2093814
>and nigger doesn't even have weapon on him.
give him a weapon then, it's only armor you can't put on in battle
>>
>>2093813
Alternatively they could do like in KM with the free spells dlc now that i think
>>
>>2092655
It means it becomes a +5 Holy weapon, gives its wielder a pladin level+5 SR aura, and allows the paladin to cast Greater Dispel Magic, using their paladin level as caster level.
>>
>now I get the slow % loading bug
What the fuck is this piece of shit?
>>
Anyone could post reactions to Iomadae's proposal of getting rid of your powers if you're an Aeon?
>>
>>2093748
Some dude with two swords (dope)in act 4 and the queen
>>
File: 1539328321752.gif (3.33 MB, 300x221)
3.33 MB
3.33 MB GIF
>gtx 970
>i7 4770
>16 gigs of ram
>20 fps in the character creator screen on medium settings
I-it's not like I wanted to play some video games...
>>
>>2093829
The latter only makes the Lich run even more worth it. I missed her on my playthrough.
>>
>>2093832
Did you patch the game? I had massive frame drops until they released the patch that fixed the lighting.
>>
>>2093832
check your nvidia settings and make sure energy management is set to maximum performance
turn VSYNC on and fullscreen
you should be able to hold 30 with dips on occasion as patches and performance mods come out
>>
Is anyone having problems levelling up Military? Mine is stuck at 6 and I have no idea why it won't level up. I'm at 100k/60k xp needed.
>>
A WARNING

If you want to play Aeon DON'T DO IT. Literally every single major story decision he makes is bugged. He gets epilogues in his "true ending" only for those companions that were in his party at that moment, for example.
Even if you don't want the "true ending", a shit ton of flags connected to his retcons don't apply correctly.
In other words - WAIT.
>>
>>2093836
Yes. I was going through the Maze during that time. When I first got there, i had 58-69 fps. Then I had to log out and take a break. When I came back and loaded the game - 28 fps without recovery. It stayed there all the way through.

Decided to check race/class combos and I still have 28 fps even in the character creator. Shit's just unplayable.
>>
>>2093832
I feel your pain. I though the game wasn't that demanding, until I tried to open HotS while keeping Pathfinder open in the background and my PC shat its pants.
>>
>>2093842
Yes, shit's just broken, which sucks since it ruins one of your epilogues
>>
fuck's sake owlcat just let me finish act 4 already, that's all I care about for today.
>>
>trickster story and abilities are fucked
>aeon story is fucked
>lich is fucked in special ways
so is angel a safe bet rn?
>>
Can someone tell me how does Arue's Ranger bond work?
DO I have to do instant enemy first? or does she just give the bonus to everyone automatically if she's fighting her favored enemy?
>>
>>2093856
Oh fuck what's wrong with Trickster?
>>
>>2093507
>He has literally no character, no story, nothing
Better than the actual party members then
>>
>>2093856
Yes and no... if you kill or remove a companion you get stuck with the slow % bug and you can't play anymore.
>>
Why the fuck are these retards using Unity
>>
>>2093863
Epic
>>
>>2092324
How to change date in the game? I want to change it in case I will be late for Secret ending
>>
For anyone who's on the Gold Dragon mythic path, are you able to complete the mythic quest? Because the button in Halaseliax's cave is broken for me, it just doesn't work. After I enter his cave, I can't get back out.
>>
>>2093878
I think Toybox?
>>
>>2093882
Where is that option?
>>
>>2093867
That applies to other paths as well. I lost my 40 hrs Lich play because I killed Camm.
>>
>>2093885
Epic fucking patch
>>
>>2093875
Not quite the word i'd use to describe how bad the writing in this game is, more like baffling.
Still not as bad as PoE though
>>
Is the Stringy Demodand supposed to drop something?
>>
Do d20 attack reroll stack?

for example, perfect strike from lann and fortune hex. Do I get 3d20 and keep the best? If so, baller
>>
File: 1421262762312.jpg (27 KB, 728x393)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>2093763
You fucking scared me anon, goddamn. I just needed to uninstall Vidual Adjustments and it works now.
>>
>>2093898
Does it say two dice or one additional die? If it's the latter, they should stack, the former it won't.
>>
>>2093891
Writing is fine
>>
PLEASE TELL ME
Can someone tell me how does Arue's Ranger bond work?
DO I have to do instant enemy first? or does she just give the bonus to everyone automatically if she's fighting her favored enemy?
>>
>>2093856
I played Angel start to finish, and didn't encounter anything gamebreaking, no
>>
>>2093905
or you could just read the description of each of those
>>
>>2093900
you probably had an outdated version
https://github.com/BarleyFlour/WrathVisualAdjustmentsMod/releases
>>
>>2093758
nerf the lips and then we'll see
>>
Patch broke several NPCs in act 4, can't wait to be told that it's unfixable and you have to start a new game lol
>>
>>2093904
It's not fine, everything other than the filler lines written by impoverished slavs are embarrassing to behold.
>>
>>2092324
Are cavaliers worth it if you accept that mounted combat is buggy and situational? I like the idea of a knight that buffs allies. Should I just make a skald or melee bard?
>>
>>2093929
>playing a support class
pick gendarme you fucking soi lord
>>
>>2093926
So what is the most egregious line then in your opinion?
>>
>>2093929
not unless you go gendarme
skalds make bards worthless
>>
>>2093932
>>2093934
>>2093932
I was thinking a knight of the wall/order of the lion, why gendarme?
>>
>>2093936
Gendarme is the damage focused cavalier archetype
>>
>>2093933
Not him but the Camcam sex option is pretty cringeworthy

Camcam
>I need sex to relive my murder energy
Protagonist
>Always ready to help a lady in need (tips fedora)
>>
>>2093933
Everything Irabeth says
>>
>>2093941
I'm pretty sure those are not the exact lines though, and there's also the option to execute her on the spot, you can even feign approval to camilla then just tell the knights outside to go in and chop her up
>>
File: file.png (229 KB, 463x442)
229 KB
229 KB PNG
What does this mean? against a single target of the appropriate type?
so if Arue has favored enemy humans, she can only grant the bonus against one of the enemy humans not all of them?
>>
>>2093954
Yes. It's kind of like freebooter's bond, but only usable against your favored enemies.
>>
>>2093960
BUT IT SAYS ONE TARGET
not all the enemies
What if all the enemies are humans? does party gets the bonus against all of them?
>>
What should i go for my good playthrough, angel or azata?
>>
man that fucking ancient sarkorian cleric ghost L.16 is pushing my shit HARD in chapter 2
>>
>>2093936
CHARGE ALL DAY EVERY DAY
>>
where can I buy armor for my pet?
>>
>Primalist power swap with two bloodlines removes both powers but only provides two rage powers
That is stupid.
>>
>>2093963
Angel
>>
>>2093972

you can find one in grey garrison, behind a secret door in a temple. Before that, no one has one
>>
File: guts.jpg (181 KB, 961x727)
181 KB
181 KB JPG
>just started chapter 4
>apparently the patch fucked it up the hardest
OWLCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT
>>
>unwittingly end up helping Yaniel get a paladin BF
Can't say I saw that coming
>>
>>2093974
Thx for the reason, any reason why?
>>
File: 515423154.jpg (35 KB, 930x579)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>2093961
dude... you pick ONE TARGET. if that target's type is your FAVORED ENEMY, then your WHOLE PARTY, gets a little bonus to attack AGAINST THAT ONE TARGET
>>
He, you like to dip? Watch as i dip one in EVERY prestige class!
>>
>>2093984
How do you pick that ONE TARGET? by Instant Enemy?
Waste one round for this shit?
Freebooter's bond is 10x better than this shit
>>
>>2093043
Why? Because theyre not free xp anymore?
>>
>>2093843
>He gets epilogues in his "true ending" only for those companions that were in his party at that moment
I had Arue and Lann in my party and still didn't get their epilogues.
>>
>>2093949
Of course that's not the exact line I'm paraphrasing and yes there are other options but the question was an about a single egregious line.
>>
File: file.png (24 KB, 269x73)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
>>2093992
You receive pic rel. ability, the description literally tells you it costs a move action.
>You click on this.
>You click on target.
>Game checks if target is on your favored enemy list.
>If it is, your allies get a bonus to hit chance against it.
Please tell me you understand this now.
>>
Does game break for lich only if you respec your main char? Am i free to respec my companions
>>
>All of lich companions have not as many lines as that one gay dragon, not even staunton and the queen
fucking kek
>>
>>2093983
Angel's plot and unique npcs are all people related to crusader history in general, so it makes you feel a lot more invested in that whole holy was against the demon narrative
You also get to dab on Demon Lords and their minions a lot
>>
>>2094012
Do you lose the purple faggot if you go GD? considering it
>>
>>2094012
Lichads are in it for the gameplay, not the waifufag tranny shit
>>
>>2094009
It seems to just be the main character AFTER you choose Lich at the end of Act 2. Its supposedly safe before that choice.
>>
>>2094018
I see, thx for the answer
>>
>>2094007
So the party gets bonus against the enemy that you attack after you ranger's bond, if is your favored enemy type. One single target.
That's bad considering how easy flanking is. freebooter's bond is better.
I understand but would have been better if after ranger's bond, all your allies get the favored enemy bonus that you have, not just for that single target you attack?
>>
>>2094009
Dont respec after act 2
>>2094012
The lich companion are not proper companions just some fucking seethers hyped them as that much. They are there for combat and flavour, like the other anon said. The only extra companion (as far as I know) that is a proper companion is the azata dragon and Trevor
>>
>>2093998
As I've said, Aeon's storyline is completely broken. Don't even other playing this path.
>>
File: monkeys.png (132 KB, 468x295)
132 KB
132 KB PNG
>persuasion trick
>targets the easiest resistance
>completely trivializes average combat encounters
>>
>>2094018
Have you actually played both paths? Since you only talk about one path, it certainly makes it sound like you have only experience with one.
>>
>>2093929
cavalier pike is the most useful
>>
What spells are useful for Ember?

Is she supposed to be a necromancer? The feats I picked for her are precise shot, spell pen, and greater spell pen so I could specialize in any school at this point. None of the spells seems as good as Evil Eye though.
>>
>>2094012
If you truly enjoy gay dragon dialogue, you are one massive filthy furry yourself.
>>
Redpill me on Duelist anons, is it better than Sword Saint?
>>
How do you justify going Azata when it looks so fucking gay?
>>
>>2094040
better than constant rattling and screaming of dead boneys
>>
Is the Treading on Corpses quest broken for anyone else?
>>
is there a mod yet that makes it so demons arent split in three categories for the bonus ranger-esque stuff
>>
>>2094049
Just use demonslayer archetype if you wanna go ranger
>>
>>2094046
>how to justify
i dont like the visuals of any path beside devil which is not a real path and lich where you look as a shit dhampir for 90% of the game
>>
>>2094046
It's only as gay as you make it to be, anon.
>>
>>2094038
CC spells, buffs and debuffs.
>>
>>2094047
Aren't you the one who brought Lich up yourself? I don't see you replying to anyone with your broken grammar.
>>
File: file.png (175 KB, 455x294)
175 KB
175 KB PNG
This is certainly new.
>>
>after combat you get dismounted from your mount
Fucking Owlcat...
>>
>>2094030
>dragon
>proper companion
You can't even level or gear him up, shut the fuck up, uneducated bitch.
>>
>>2094038
ember is supposed to be fire blaster + off heal
evil eye and cackle when dont wanna use spells
evil eye is good but with ascendant element having a blaster is pretty good. guaranteed dmg basically. and sometimes you need guaranteed dmg
>>
>>2094062
>him
>>
>>2094062
>you cant gear him up
Start playing the game instead seething here
>>
>>2094035
Yes, a magical island, halfling sculptors and the desnan trio just don't feel as engaging as meeting and teaming up with Hand early, going to Pulura, the early encounter with Echo of Deskari and so on, same with Aivu and the slave market thing vs fucking up Echo in his own realm and ending up saving someone who's been built up since the prologue with your personal justice league
>>
>>2094030
Hey there, I worked in QA on the game. That's... a bug, actually. One of the giant ones. EVERY path is supposed to have a "secret companion".
Nurah is the obvious one, though she's bugged. I won't spoil the rest, since they'll be fixed. I hope.
>>
>>2094055
Fair point. Honestly OwlCat should just include an in-game option to disable the visual effects.
>>2094056
You're covered in butterflies, anon. You can't be masculine when you're literally covered in butterflies.
>>
>>2094069
Three equipment slots doesn't equal to proper gearing. And there is no leveling or class process either so yes, you are spreadiing misinformation and trying to squirm out of it. Shouldn't you be busy with whining about vaccines?
>>
>>2094072
I agree, Azata path is very shitty outside of skills.
>>
File: 42yq6bs1lon71.jpg (69 KB, 1265x306)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
Wendy raped Lann
>>
How to decide which path i should go as I'm wagie and unlikely to replay this multiple times. Any pointers/guide?
>>
>>2094046
>butchering demons using the power of friendship
>gay
Get some friends anon
>>
>>2094087
Rape implies it was non-consensual
>>
>>2094087
How did she not get pregnant?
>>
>>2094098
Spiders eat his children
>>
Is there Ascendant Element - Poison? I want to genocide demons with Cloudkill.
>>
>>2094094
You could choose organically from the ones you unlock as you play.
>>
>>2094104
No, if anyone's getting fucked by the brap clouds in this game, it's you and your crusader armies
>>
Finally will have time to play wrath instead of just reading threads this weekend fellow wagies
>>
>>2094074
>EVERY path is supposed to have a "secret companion".
>Nurah is the obvious one, though she's bugged
You know, you could get away with this kind of stuff back in the beta days because "they j-just didn't add their dialogues yet" but as you might have noticed, the game is out now - so I'm going to ask you to source your bullshit. Not even with one of the super duper secret ones, but with Nurah. Post keys proving unequivocally that she joins you, or fuck off
>>
>>2094094
>Pointers
So they are 6 paths, which are true paths. They are 4 "lategame paths" but those are not worth it if you are not replaying as they are either underwhelming or cuck out the main path.
You have:
Aeon, literal a law autist. Becomes very impersonal and robotic
Demon, which is mostly grugsmash and violence
Angel, which is all about grilling demons and nothing else
Trickster, which is fae, which should you tell you everything about it if you played Kingsmaker
Azata, which is trying to make friends with anyone while being a hippie
Lich, where you clean up after another lich and don't transform into one until you are almost dead from bordem

Maybe other anons can chime in
>>
>>2094108
>Slip "organically" into the shit devil path and ruin your maybe only playthrough
Why do you hate people, anon?
>>
>>2094115
If you are that much of a failure of an Aeon and fall for jew trickery, you kinda deserve it.
Choice and consequence.
>>
File: dae.png (607 KB, 662x561)
607 KB
607 KB PNG
>>2094012
Lich has Undearan.
>>
>>2094113
>Lich, where you clean up after another lich and don't transform into one until you are almost dead from bordem
I keked
>>
>>2094087
based nympho
>>
>>2094120
uhh what?
>>
What is natural 20?
If my crit range is 19-20, and I roll 19, is that a natural 20?
>>
>>2094112
Not the guy, but datamining proved useless in terms of "who can be a companion", since you actually have to know that "X is a companion", and then search for his/her dialogue. Nobody knew that Sosiel's brother is a companion, for example, even with datamining.
>>
>>2094120
Dieran, were he alive maybe he would have been into it
>>
>>2094127
Cast Repurpose on your companions and kill them.
>>
>>2094129
No.
Natural 20 means your 20 sided dice landing on fucking 20.
>>
>>2094129
Crit range 19-20 just means if you roll a 19 or a 20 you crit
>>
>>2094130
We actually knew that since the first beta cause we datamined the voice lines.
>>
>>2094130
>Nobody knew that SPOILER
Anon, people datamined his companion dialogue long before the release.
>>
>>2094140
>>2094142

Whelp, I missed that then somehow. Hope the LARPer is right, though. I could use Terendelev as an Aeon companion.
>>
>>2094130
Trever's camp banters were datamined during the first beta
>>
File: file.png (124 KB, 478x229)
124 KB
124 KB PNG
>>2094135
>>2094132
But here it says attack result is Natural 20 but roll is 19
if you roll 19-20, you have to another roll and take the result between 19-20 for crit? is that what the second roll is?
>>
>>2094130
>Nobody knew that Sosiel's brother is a companion, for example, even with datamining.
Except we did though, as far back as alpha even
https://arch.b4k.co/vrpg/thread/1273755/#1277903
>>
So which evil path doesnt make everyone leave but makes you very afraid of you? Lich demon or devil?
>>
>>2094149
Anon, the first roll for the attack was a natural 20.
THEN you did a separate roll for critical confirmation, which was 19.

This log describes two rolls. And it works as intended
>>
>>2094152
Devil, I guess, because it's not even the path. lmao
>>
>>2094149
all crits must be confirmed by a second roll
if the second roll fails it's just a regular hit
however only nat 20's auto hit in case of crit roll confirmation fail
for example if you crit on 15-20, roll 15, but your original total attack was too low to hit, and your confirmation is also too low to hit, it's still a miss
but if you roll 20, you will always hit no matter what
>>
Man the witch spells are jut all over the place.
Are they supposed to be conjurers? Invokers? Necromancers? Buffers?
>>
>>2094169
Did you even notice the hexes? They are debuffers with minor support abilities.
>>
>>2094169
Hexer.
>>
Do Cavaliers need high AC, like do they need heavy armor like a frontliner or are they not in sustained combat so medium armor or even light armor is fine?
>>
>>2094163
>>2094155
ah got it
so there is one roll for hit
then a second for crit
if you crit but your first roll doesn't hit, you won't hit
>>
File: extreme fuggery.jpg (41 KB, 680x793)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>mythic carnivorous crystal
Why does nothing in this game work right?
>>
>>2094171
>>2094173
but then what is the point of the spells?
>>
>>2094179
Debuffs for big crowds or after you've debuffed the single enemy, or buffs for your party.
>>
>>2094174
You and your horse charge in from the first, so if neither you nor your mount can take a hit, you're going to have a bad time
>>
>>2094094
Aeon, Angel and Azata have the most story content in terms of how much they play into your story, iirc. Haven't looked at any of the "evil" paths since being evil in this game kind of sucks. I was originally gonna go Demon into Swarm, but the lame writing plus the fact that Swarm is half-baked made me restart after taking Drezen. Doing a full Trickster playthrough now and am having way more fun larping as Cegorach.
>>
>the paladindu talk shit about ember

Into the trash it goes
>>
>>2094175
there is 1 roll for hit, determines if you hit or miss by adding bonuses vs mob ac, but no matter what 20 always hits, 1 always miss
if your roll is one of your weapon's crit range numbers (20 for all at minimum, more if weapon has wider range) there is second roll for crit
if this second roll hits, it's a crit, if it misses, revert to result of first roll
>>
>>2094187
Thanks anon
>>
>>2094132
what the fuck, that's neat as hell. does it have any further reactivity beyond making them undead?
>>
>>2094187
>Promotional art is full of lich
>Evil gets cucked again
Did they not learn anything since Kingmaker?
>>
>>2094152
doesn't only seelah leave a lich?
>>
Does the plate of spell resistance that you find in the Midnight Fane stack with Radiance's SR? It does say "additional Spell Resistance 23"...
>>
Is there a difference between homunculus and real slave in camcams quest?
>>
>>2094199
It's probably a bug, so no reactivity. That spell is supposed to be only for enemies.
>>
>>2094204
>they put the most ressources into stuff most people play
truly unheard off
https://www.exophase.com/game/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous-steam/achievements/
>>
>>2094204
It isn't even that there's no reactivity, it's just that being evil makes no sense in the context of the story, because you're still the chosen one destined to fight the demons no matter how many atrocities you commit, so the crusaders still treat you as a hero for anything short of literally becoming a swarm and eating everyone. A proper evil playthrough would require a whole other campaign, I think.
>>
>>2094221
>More people chose the schoolshooter path than the devil one because its so shiat
It hurts
>>
>kill Mythic Crystal
>can't loot its belt
Lame.

>>2094216
It didn't seem to when I tested it, at least not visibly on the character sheet. It listed the SR at 23 only.
>>
>>2094222
The (first) idea for this game was tapping into stuff like Lich to perform the Crusade.

Which is fucking weird because every evil path makes you commit to evil or you lose your powers so you cant even properly roleplay that idea
>>
File: Spoiler Image (574 KB, 1496x1358)
574 KB
574 KB JPG
>>2094152
Demon for a while but if you kill the queen on Iz you will be forced to kill Seelah, Sosiel and Trever.
>>
File: catacomb saint.jpg (357 KB, 1200x1695)
357 KB
357 KB JPG
>>2094238
I wish lich didn't force you to commit to an evil path. Leading the crusade as a catacomb saint would be fucking cool.
>>
Nice talking to finnean now just freezes my game, yo this game is nigh unplayable right now
>>
>>2094221
Before looking, I'm gonna guess
>Angel
>Azata
>Aeon
>Lich
>Trickster
>Lich
>Demon
>GD
>Devil
>Swarm
>>
>>2094257
Correct beside the last 2
>>
>>2094184
So it's all about that Charge and surviving after it
>>
>>2094221
Holy shit, half the players finished chapter 1?
Amazing
>>
File: file.png (1.47 MB, 981x762)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB PNG
How do I unlock this door in Blackwater?
>>
>>
>>2094278
cute
>>
>>2093342
Dragons in general are one of the strongest creatures on the material plane, and Golden are the strongest among dragons only rivalled by Reds. That's not to mention you immediately transform into an adult gold dragon
>>
>cant fuck the burnt cunny
shit game
>>
>>2094241
>Demon chad conqueror vs Lich virgin toilet cleaner
>>
>>2094221
Fuck you, I was right.
>>
>>2094241
Isn't there are an option to let Anevia and the crusaders leave instead of killing them?
>>
>>2094113
>Demon, which is mostly grugsmash and violence
The answer for violence is more violence... and blood...
>>
>each patch just breaks the game more and more
Nice job Owlcat
>>
EHEM Hallo is this thing on???
Zacharias here, i shit in the bed again, be a good commander and clean it up, will you? Im very busy doing that lich transformation thing *shits gain* yep very busy
>>
it's been a whole euro workday already, where is my act 4 hotfix? let me progress already owlcat. I wanna play some vidya god dammit
>>
>>2094300
I think so its a the good dialogue option iirc.
>>
>the PC + Areelu in the secret ending are strong enough to tag team the strongest god
>>
>>2094315
Do you only encounter this bitch in the Secret ending?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (182 KB, 1280x862)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
What went wrong?
>>
>>2094320
She always shows up regardless of your ending due to the nature of it
>>
>>2094273
Please help. I opened it without any problems the first time, but had to reload for reasons and now it's locked.
>>
This game has an absurd fetish with starting combat situations with you at a chokehold and enemies using early initiative to run straight up to you to block the door.
>>
>>2094326
what do you mean anon? looks like an improvement to me
>>
>>2094332
Get better initiative, champ.
Heck, pick improved initiative as first feat for everyone. It is not a waste
>>
>>2094332
Or bullshit world map encounters where as soon as you load an area the enemies just rush you. And in this game where buffs are essentially mandatory pasty act 2, having your unbuffed party get gangbanged by a bunch of demons is not fun.
>>
>tfw about to meet Playful Darkness
Hold me tight bros...
>>
Apparently the end of act 4 is broken for nearly all players atm, with (NOCTICULA) not appearing in her palace. They are advising players not to proceed as they break they own game with a patch lmfao
>>
>>2094326
I'd Hand
>>
Which race from your playthroughs would you say gets the most reactivity? I would assume aasimar especially because of act 4 but I want to hear other opinions
>>
>>2094345
The absolute fucking state. Maybe they should have spent a few more months actually testing the game.
>>
>>2094241
>Seelah, Sosiel and Trever
What is the problem?
>>
>>2094352
Meanwhile im here not being able to talk to finnean at all or else is crashes my game. Lmao the actual state of
>>
why can't I fuck nurah
>>
Is the Skeletal Finger wand just at the lab for Lich? I didn't find it on my Angel or Azata run through of the place. Are there Mythic specific items?
>>
>>2094221
>whooping 4.8% found the saboteur
laughing halflingslut.jpg
>>
Gog just dropped a new update
>>
when do I get to upgrade finnean?
>>
>>2094315
Wait, do gods just have normal physical forms? I thought they were like, intangible forces that could choose to take physical form.
>>
>>2094315
This right here is such a fanservice, BRUH PHARASMA worrying at all about any god, yet alone some twerps who just ascended is fking hilarious to me
>>
There was small patch 10 minutes ago. Do we dare to hope?
>>
>>2094392
I have no hope only more bugs
>>
>>2094389
Not a big deal, considering that Pathfinder as a PnP game is basically dead, the vast majority of players don't know and don't care about the fluff of god power rankings
>>
>>2092900
Post pics or you're lying.
>>
how hard would it be to implement a bg style loot bar? so boring clicking through random corpses. Only good thing beamdog ever did
>>
>>2094326
He decided to be a bitch and ditch us to 1v1 the echo. He got what was coming to him.
>>
File: k7fhdtxr2on71.png (613 KB, 500x586)
613 KB
613 KB PNG
also, not highlighting scrolls you can learn with a different color? come on.. they figured this out 20 years ago
>>
>>2094378
Gods in pathfinder are a diverse bunch, some are just randos (be it outsiders or mortals) that achieved greater power and others are the personification of some concepts that spawned shortly after the multiverse did.

But yeah, its fucking bullshit that you can even approach Pharasma's level
>>
>>2094395
>the real swarm-that-walks was the game itself
kino, owlcat has done it again
>>
>>2094392
ability damage/drain from unknown source bug is still here
>>
File: file.png (2.97 MB, 1680x1050)
2.97 MB
2.97 MB PNG
>>2093337
>>2093345
>>2093343
I ascended with Trickster. Pretty sure everything except Swarm and maybe Lich can become planeswalkers.
>>
>>2094315
>strong enough to rival Pharasma
Daily reminder
>James Jacobs, Creative Director of Pathfinder
>Or to put another way... if Iomedae is a grain of sand's worth of power, then Sarenrae would be all the sand on the planet's worth. And Pharasma is all the sand in the universe that was or will be or has ever been.
>>
>>2094433
>But she still hides like a pussy from Elder gods
>>
>>2092819
Haha, I gave up fighting this thing. I just don't have the tools. This fucker 100% saves against Heal or a scroll of mass heal, I can't hit it in melee either. Why is Core this close to Unfair, ffs? KM's challenging was waaaaay easier.
>>
Man i'm assaulting drezen and right now Regill made the most sense and was the most useful guy I've encountered.

The gnome is capable and incredible realistic. Finally evil done right
>>
>>2094433
>still struggled to hold Rovanig back despite having all the gods helping her
>>
>>2094431
>except Swarm
shame
>>
>>2094437
The equivalent to challenging is daring in this game
>>
>>2094444
I mean Swarm is just a bunch of seething bugs that hates everything at that point. Pretty sure the moment you try to ascend, Pharasma would delete you.
>>
>>2094431
wasn't GD locked out of ascension as well?
pretty sure lich is allowed to ascend
>>
File: 10220_rovagug.jpg (226 KB, 1545x500)
226 KB
226 KB JPG
>>2094443
question- was Pharasma even present on that fight?

Because i only remember her helping with the cage
>>
Are there any super bosses in the game? I didn't bother clearing the map on my first playthrough.
>>
Tfw respecced Regill to MutationWarrior5-scaled fist1- primalist for the rest
He's a god now
>>
I want to warn anyone who is thinking about doing a playthrough where they use great swords, don't do it.

There literally is not a single +5 greatsword in the entire game.
>>
>>2094480
second row glaive vivi-chads win once again
>>
Is there a way to get Dreadful Carnage for a dex build?
>>
>>2094480
>There literally is not a single +5 greatsword in the entire game.

Already feared as much, gonna just use mods to make one (if and when both mods and the game are stable)
>>
>>2094480
I just slap gmw. The point is to have good effs, even if it's plus 3 or 4.
You can definitely forge one from crusade relics
>>
Can you play lich now?
Tbh. im suprised how unplayable it was and how much shit it got from anons here because it was clearly the most shilled path by the devs
>>
>>2094411
Except it still happens even when he sticks around with you
>>
>>2094480
There are some, but sure, the game has almost no greatswords. Went THF and regretting it by now. Disabling power attack to maybe fucking hit something hurts.
>>
>>2094251
You could name your Commander Melquiades then
>>
File: 1600624213659.jpg (5 KB, 225x225)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>2094494
>im suprised how unplayable it was
>>
>>2094496
You are not buffing enough if you cannot hit, honestly.
>>
>>2094463
Desna looks gay af there
>>
>>2094498
I dont get it dumb satana poster
>>
lads tell me, is there a dreadful carnage equivalent for dex players?
>>
>>2094494
Why would you be surprised? It's created by fucking Russians. And they already showed their competence with Kingmaker. Wait a year or two if you want a stable experience.
>>
Anyone else find the progression for mythic levels a bit off? I feel like you should get to mythic 6 by the end of chapter 3. Early chapter 4 at the latest. Just one level faster I think would make things level out more. As is, a lot of weird stuff gets postponed. Some mythics, like Azata, you dont really get the meat and bones of the mythic until you basically have 1 chapter left.
>>
>>2094241
What if you not kill her on Iz?
>>
>>2094501
The cyborg cave, with at least heroism on, was a fucking pain. And when you can muster 35 attack at lvl 14 and the optional boss has 69 AC, fuck are you supposed to do?
>>
>>2094508
You get 2 superpowers by the time you are a bit over midgame. That's more than most paths get
>>
File: file.png (399 KB, 340x542)
399 KB
399 KB PNG
>>2094480
The wiki lists 3 +5 Greatswords
https://pathfinderwrathoftherighteous.wiki.fextralife.com/Blood+Red+Cleaver
https://pathfinderwrathoftherighteous.wiki.fextralife.com/Remnant
https://pathfinderwrathoftherighteous.wiki.fextralife.com/Endless+War
There's also 11 unique greatswords in general.
>>
>>2094507
No i get the bugs im just surprised most of them are on Lich and not on a other path, sry if I was unclear
>>
>>2094515
dualwield ember???
based
>>
>>2094516
Well lich has the most bugs because it is the most involved with the most unique mechanics, so it make sense that it would bug out the most. Like I don't think there is any path for example where you build shit in your town for example
>>
File: 253543535.png (534 KB, 1262x333)
534 KB
534 KB PNG
kek
>>
>>2094513
You dont get a second superpower until the end of chapter 4. Thats not midgame.
>>
>>2094512
>just 35
Anon, you should be closer to 45 at that point (before power attack penalty). Without counting any mythic benefits, just Wizard/cleric buffs and decent equipment.
>>
>Devil is non-path
>Lich is mmo shitfest and you're just Zach's bitchboy
lawful evil bros, we lost hard...
>>
Which mythic ramps up the fastest powerlevels wise anyway? Barring spell merging shenanigans because that's just broken, and makes the rest of the game a joke
>>
>>2094219
Does it persist through maps?
>>
So do i read that right, the lich companions have no dialogue at all in quests? They are like the guys from hilor?
>>
>>2094539
Staunton chimes in when you're fucking up Minagho, but otherwise yes
>>
>>2094528
>Wizard/cleric buffs
With a size bonus, it's probably 38 attack. Anyway, I don't know how.
>>
>>2094535
Azata first superpower plus a pet and life bonding are a huge boost, honestly.
And it's a path with almost no resource management beside songs, which are nowhere near as vital
>>
>>2094543
Anon is right lawful evil bros lost
Thx for the answer anon
>>
>>2094508
Yes but Azata really isn't the one suffering from it. Lich and Angel suffer the least if they merge because they are gaining spell levels with each mythic and personal level. Azata still has Aivu who is getting stronger with each level and the songs are still really useful. Its Demon, Trickster and Aeon that suffer the most because all their best shit is backloaded.

The mythic distribution needs to be changed but Azata is fine.
>>
>>2094433
>Sarenrae is several quintillion times stronger than Iomedae
>Pharasma is quintillion of times stronger than Sarenrae
Jesus Christ, JJ has a worse sense of scale than anything I've ever seen. This one statement is more nonsensical than anything in 40k or Star Wars.
>>
>>2094543
Wait you raise the roastie Queen but she has no dialogue for the rest of game about all of this?
Fucking kek
>>
>comes back from the dead just to ruin everyone's lives again
>still simps for his evil bitch demon girlfriend, even after an Aeon from the fucking future tells him to knock it off, or else
I used to feel sympathy for Staunton over the 70 years of bullying, but nah, fuck him, he deserved everything he got
>>
>>2094431
Legend can't, right?
>>
>>2094560
For very obvious reasons, they can't
>>
>>2094556
Its truly a shame i was looking forward to it
>>
>>2094535
Azata hands down. Playing it with an AT while waiting for Lich to be fixed and hit Mythic 4. Grabbed Ascendant Element and Zippy magic and the shit is bonkers. I'm pretty sure that If Zippy magic doesn't have a second enemy target it just hits the first one with the spell twice.

So I'm getting double scorching rays on single targets and I think its ignoring the immunity to sneak attacks that some enemies have as part of ascendant element.
>>
>>2094442
Regill is the only with head.
>Let's remove the giants before attack because they can hurl giant fire flask to our troops
>N-N-NOOOOOOOOOO THAT'S EVIL! HELLKNIGHTS ARE EVIL!
Four(4) Crusades
>>
>>2094552
I would feel better if they got a superpower at 3 and another at 5. That would fix it too. You get 3 superpowers in what is basically one chapter.
>>
there is an evil option in dialogue with the lich dude where you can basically say you can learn his secrets from his documents after he says some shit about not being able to gain his power if i kill him
does that actually lead to becoming a lich on your own or something? i rerolled my playthrough before i got to the first ascension so i cant confirm
>>
Fuck you all still going lich right now because I will larp as Tar-Baphon
>>
>spend resources on upgrading soulshear
>the evil version is just "leave it as is"
holy shit fucking thanks what the fuck.
>>
>>2094566
Lorelet here who didn't pay enough attention to the dialogue. During which crusade did the Hellknights start? Have they actually accomplished anything of note since that time?
>>
>>2094573
No
>>2094574
based
>>
>>2094566

Yes the danger hair paladin screams "NOOO THE COMMANDER NEED TO CHARGE HEAD OOONN"

Bitch I'm trying to save eveyone here, let the guy have his ideas, sometime they are smart
>>
>hotfix that allows me to progress beyond act 4
finally
>>
>>2094567
The problem with that is powers are where they are for a reason. 8 is the shift point for late game mythic and as far as I know you keep your powers and spell book if you switch. Putting super powers at 3/5/7/9 means that you would get 3 powers if you decided to change to a late game mythic. If you kept the third power at 8 and the fourth at 10 then there would be an absurd length of time between your second and third power.
>>
>>2094480
There are a lot of really good greatswords. Its probably one of the best represented two handed weapons. The blackwater one alone is probably worth justifying a greatsword build.
>>
>>2094515
>https://pathfinderwrathoftherighteous.wiki.fextralife.com/Blood+Red+Cleaver
im not super down with the vicious enchantment but if you have fast healing then this seems to be good for executing bosses

>https://pathfinderwrathoftherighteous.wiki.fextralife.com/Remnant
>https://pathfinderwrathoftherighteous.wiki.fextralife.com/Endless+War
two of those seem recycled from kingmaker

anyone knows if this armor also got recycled?(or at least just the model)
https://pathfinderkingmaker.fandom.com/wiki/Ravena%27s_Embrace
>>
>>2094586
Really? Ah fuck, I should go to sleep anyway.
>>
>>2094578
Order of the Godclaw, which is what Regill is part of began and had experienced success in the first crusade, which was the baby ez one that the demons used just to scout out the crusades strength, and ditched during the third
>>
Anyone know why shrine of sacrilege isnt showing up on the map? Need the green pieces for the autistic fox and it wont trigger the discovery REEE
>>
>>2094544
Well, at level 14, it goes like this:
>14 BAB
>at least +6 from your main stat modifier, you should have at least a +2 or 4 belt or Bull's strength
>+4 from flanking and outflank
>+5 from weapon (greater magic weapon)
>Heroism Greater is available(or just plain heroism), +2 or +4
>+2 from enlarge (or more with reduce if you with dex )
>haste +1, first per round buff
Optimally, this is already +37

And notice not a single class ability or less common spell has been used or something like weapon focus or equipment with unique bonuses (untyped or ones not covered by these spells, which exist in chapter 3)

You could have Seelah with Mark of justice (easy +5). Or Aru sharing favorite enemy bonuses. Or Community/nobility domains slapped in Sosiel. And then you have solo class abilities like Greybor study target or Lann perfect striking. And Ember giving him the Evil eye and cackling plus you having fortune or whatever is essentially a buff for you to hit.

Not even touching mutliclass/respeccing or mercs to get shit like Bard/Skald giving you competence/rage bonuses.

And I have not included a single mythic ability/feat, generic or from a path.
>>
>>2094584
>let the guy have his ideas, sometime they are smart
All are smart but they are EVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL in reddit standard
>>
Is exploiter wizard worth it if you have 10 CHA?
>>
>>2094591
>The blackwater one alone is probably worth justifying a greatsword build
???
A plain +3 sword with a gimmicky ability that's going to be depreciated soon enough by your other equipment? I suppose it looks cool.
>>
>>2094598
>Skald giving you rage bonuses
hahaha...
>>
>>2094536
Yes. But you can't directly control repurposed companion, since it is like summoned monster. So making spellcaster like Daeran zombie is pointless.
>>
Fuck Fey
And by proxy, fuck Azata and Trickster
>>
>>2094595
So the whole thing where Regil shits on the crusaders not succeeding in four crusades has basically no merit? They've been around for the same amount of time and haven't done shit either?
>>
Thinking of a crit build for trickster
Dual Kukri best option I guess?
>>
>>2094599

man Also the crusader are really crybaby. Those hellknight maybe will not fare good as the player party against demon, but they are unbreakable. I would love to have them to fight at my side every time.
>>
>>2094607
>Yes. But you can't directly control repurposed companion
Useless then
>>
>>2094610
Hellknights had no authority in any crusade, it was always iomeme and her chosen roastie queen
>>
>>2094610
Basically
>>
>>2094617
>>2094610
Thats also the reason why you can dismiss Regill and his squad from the crusade
>>
>>2094598
Well, thanks. I absolutely didn't use magic weapon spells, and I don't have a +5 or even a +4 weapon, because I'm a dumbo that went full greatsword specialization. Obviously, all melees got outflank. I'm mostly angri on account of me being unable to murder Playful Darkness on core, while previous optional bosses weren't a problem. I guess I should have listened to people recommending an angel battle Oracle, that thing would have had awesome spells.
>>
>hotfix broke more stuff
This is getting retarded
>>
>>2094610
More or less, the "haven't done shit either" part is debatable because Hellknights are not just in the Worldwound area unlike the Crusaders, but if we're talking about the demon invasions specifically then both haven't really amounted to much.
>>
File: sargeras planet.jpg (346 KB, 1951x768)
346 KB
346 KB JPG
>>2094554
>Sarenrae is several quintillion times stronger than Iomedae
>Pharasma is quintillion of times stronger than Sarenrae

I mean, considering that Sarenrae is older than Iomeade and also draws power from all of the suns in the material plane i wouldnt say its inaccurate- since even as a young goddess Sarenrae almost accidentally pulled a Sargeras

And it makes sense Pharasma is stronger than Sarenrae given that shes older and is the closest thing to capital G "god" pathfinder has.

Which makes it retarded that you and Succmommy can match Sarenrae
>>
>>2094617
Right, but they split off didn't they? I just don't see why Regil seems to think less of the crusaders' failure when the Hellknights don't seem to have done much either.
>>
>>2094613
>are unbreakable
>you literally meet and beat up traitor Hellknights in Reg's test
>>
I still want to use Woljif when I play my own Rogue, what's the best way to stat him?
>>
>sieging a castle
>there are a bunch of supplies around for resting
How does the game justify using these?
Like this is literally in the middle of a battle. I've come across like 5 crusader supplies so far. That's nearly a week's worth of resting inside the enemy castle.

What the fuck even is this? At least in baldur's gate the way to rest in the middle of battle was to go to a cleric who had a special spell that would let you experience a night's worth of rest in a brief time. They at least tried to have it make sense.
>>
File: 1582334461477.jpg (93 KB, 500x682)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>2094609
Would that I could, anon. Would that I could.
>>
>>2094590
Not really. You get 5th mythic at the end of 3. You get the 8th mythic in what, the end of 5?

The only change to making it 3, 5 , 8 and 10 is you dont have to wait until the end of chapter 4, which is the last quarter of the game, to get a second superpower. You get 1 superpower at the end of 2, one at the end of 3, which should cover the base for any build, and the last 2 once you commit to Azata, which works fine for me.

Like I said, their supepowers and spells dont really take off in an interesting way until chapter 5. Thats a long damned time. Aivu is nice, for sure, and the bonuses, if they all worked, are great, but as it is it progresses so slow.
>>
>>2094630
>can match Sarenrae
meant to say Pharasma*
my bad
>>
Redpill me Hellknight
is it worth lvling up Regill as Hellknight or just go back to Armiger?
>>
>>2094634
Grenadier works.
>>
>>2094632
Regill is full of himself but its kinda retarded to compare him to crusaders. The Crusade whole existence is because and around the worldwound
Hellknights are independent Knight order
>>
>>2094635
Sieges generally last months, and can take up to a year, anon
>>
>>2094633

>Oh no a bad apple!
>The entire crusade must be purged!

No. If anything, good for them for mantainin order
>>
>>2094627
>STILL haven't fix Skalds
At this point they're just a dead class.
>>
>>2094600
The CHA exploits aren't worth pissing away your reserve on in general, potent magic and dimensional slide are the only really good ones.
>>
>>2094649
Gotcha, I thought they were both focused on the Worldwound. So Hellknights are more like a general global thing (against demons, I assume) while the crusades are a regional thing?
>>
>>2094650
Yeah that shit doesn't last months when people are actively storming the gates.

Use your brain man. I'm clearly not talking about sitting behind barricades far away from arrow range waiting for them to starve.
>>
>>2094652
whats broken with skalds? My regil one works fine.. i think?
>>
>>2094635
Imagine saying this about a game where you can be a monk, alchemist, paladin, dragon disciple all at the same time
>>
>>2094610
Hellknights had nothing to do with the First Crusade.
The Second Crusade was purely defensive, and a complete failure.
The Third Crusade focused more on the Church of Iomadae hunting witches and cultists rather than warfare. It was also at this point that Mendev started accepting anyone into the Crusade, even evil forces.
Only the Fourth Crusade was a "proper" one, and had the Hellknights participating.
>>
>>2094660
Is he tanky as Skald?
>>
>>2094635
Google what a fking siege is kek
>>
>>2094632
Regill can be rather full of himself, and the Hellknights
Nocticula herself confirms the crusades never really had a chance until the MC with their mythic asspull powers showed up
>>
>hotfix
>no slow % loading bug after killing/removing a party member
>chapter 4 demon still fucked
>you get unmount from your mount when a combat ends
>>2094660
Skald Rage don't give buffs to party members too and also Beast Totem pounce is bugged in skald
>>
>>2094630
But here's the thing. Sarenrae landed a finishing blow on Rovagug when she was still just an angel (or she may have been an Empyreal Lord, but that's not a huge difference). If HE was quintillions of times stronger than an actual god like Iomedae, then an angel/demigod (who are all much weaker than any full God), there's no way she should have been able to so much as scratch him, even though he was fighting all the other gods at the same time. And if he isn't that much stronger, any god that is that strong should have been able to dribble him like a fucking basketball.
>>
>>2094668
>another brainlet response
see >>2094659
>>
So seriously, should I buy this game or not? It seems fun and I've always wanted to play a mythic campaign in Pathfinder. But the bugs sound worse and worse the more I read.
>>
>>2094674
she didn't even land a finishing blow anon, rovagug is basically unkillable. The feat that IS impressive is she challenged him to a 1v1 basically near the end of the fight, stalling him long enough for the other gods to do their things
>>
>>2094656
Yeah Hellknights are a Knight Order from Cheliax. They just lawtistic with the tendency to like devils like everyone elsein Cheliax

The Crusade is an organization made by iomeme followers when the Worldwound first appeared founded by Mendev
>>
>>2094680
Wait for the improved improved improved improved enhanced edition
>>
It's so dumb that dretches are unironically the best thing the enemy can throw at you in the crusade battles.
>>
>>2094680
Wait at least until all the DLC are out. By that point the bugs should be more or less fixed, and two of three DLC are mid-game.
Currently some paths are completely fucked, like Aeon.
>>
>>2094680
Literally just pirate the GOG version, buy it like 2 years from now if you really want to "support" the devs. Hopefully by that time Owlcat have actually learned something.
>>
>>2094680
Bugs are actually terrible atm
>>
>>2094680
>>2094695
And, more importantly, there's a huge load of story-related bugs.
>>
>>2094682
See that shouldn't even be possible. It would be like a paraplegic 1st level commoner trying to 1v1 a level 20 MR 10 min maxed PC in full gear. She literally shouldn't have been able to even scratch him.
>>
>>2094689
Bad advice. When KM's "Enhanced Edition" first launched alongside the final DLC, it was plenty fucked.
>>
>>2094702
Mostly mechanically, though. You didn't have actual missing story points; dialogues; character arcs; and fucking epilogues.
>>
So tell me about Owlcat, how come they didn't learn anything from the clusterfuck that is Kingmaker? Pride? Greed?
>>
>>2094709
Just incompetence, and they bit off more than they could chew with the number of mythic paths they were trying to implement.
>>
I can't even get the shrine of sacrilege to spawn on my map this run, last run I couldn't get the ravaged log house. Holy fk man both cockblock me from nenio quest chain, the bugs are slowly draining my energy
>>
File: 1241885487209.jpg (11 KB, 231x298)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>starting on the Lich path turns you into a teenage mutant ninja turtle
>>
File: hmm.png (601 KB, 1259x322)
601 KB
601 KB PNG
>the incarnation of good abhors prostitution
Now that I didn't expect from Owlcat
>>
File: azata.jpg (802 KB, 2560x1440)
802 KB
802 KB JPG
>>2094674
It may sound like im memeing you, but Sarenrae legit got a power of friendship buff from the other gods wanting her to win.

Like this a thing that actually happened in universe, Sarenrae may be NG and thust from nirvana, but azatas arent exactly pulling your hair when they go all anime and shit.

When she faced Rovagug she was just an Empyreal Lord (or the equivalent at the time, since she was the strongest angel basically) but she basically ascended to godhood mid-fight which is how she managed to stall Rovagug and throw him at Golarion

+ you can argue Rovagug was already exhausted from all the other gods ganging on him
>>
>>2094709
Why would they? The fact that games will be nearly unplayable at launch is just an accepted part of the vidya industry these days.
>>
>>2094709
Arrogance and stupidity. The usual.
>>
>>2094719
So Pathfinder was secretly shounen weebshit this whole time?
>>
File: 800px-Sarkoris_Scar.jpg (118 KB, 800x533)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
So which ending is closests to the one in the AP, I assume the angel one where you fuck of deskaari for good and close the Wound?
>>
>>2094717
Hand is based
>>
>>2094717
You can bet that Desna and Cayden, the sluts, do not. So
>the incarnation of good and law
>>
>>2094733
That, and waifu Galfrey and ascend unto heaven with her
>>
>>2094733
Remember there are no "canon" endings to the APs. The official Paizo stance is "those are just suggested defaults for people who didn't play them, feel free to ignore." It's also the reason 99% of all novels take place before any of the APs. There's even one taking place around the Worldwound.
>>
>>2094733
Yeah basically i assume thats why Angel is the default path that requires no unlock
>>2094746
I mean you can say that but in whispering grasp literally has crusaders that are there after the Wound is closed, kek and talk about the scar
>>
>>2094717
Is pretty sure Sarenrae is the closest thing to a "God of Good" Pathfinder has. Especially since her church and its splinter cult are basically Christianity and Islam with the serial numbers filed off, respectively.
Iomedae is more the god of "Lawful Stupid Paladins".
>>
>>2094745
Do I have to mess with Areelu's secret ending for that shit?
>>
>>2094754
It's not me saying it, that's the publisher's official stance. Also what's "Whispering Grasp"?
>>
>>2094755
Serenrae has some reactivity in this game, btw. Fucking not a lot, but some. She gives you a blessing during the boss fight in Wintersun, for example.
>>
Did the patch fix the lich mentor problem?
>>
>>2094746
>there is no "canon"
Deskari being btfo by the adventurers is canon and in the lorebooks you fucking retard
>>
>>2094768
Post a screenshot, please.
>>
>>2094685
>>2094689
>>2094691
>>2094695
>>2094698
Fuck. I guess I'll just go play Morrowind or something to scratch my "Become a demigod" itch.
>>
File: always has been meme.jpg (69 KB, 1280x720)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>2094732
>shounen weebshit this whole time
Anon, this is a setting were a butterfly goddess is stronger than Cthulhu and all of the great old ones- and is constantly duking it out with them for dominion of the stars. (the outer gods are still stronger than Desna and even Pharasma, but thats still half of HP mythos)

and you have shit like barbarians fighting giant robots

and legit kaijus that you can go mano a mano with (in 1e at least, in 2e paizo decided that powergaming isnt a thing anymore)

so yeah, pretty much
>>
Why are there no good +5 battleaxes?
>>
>>2094221
This proves nothing considering less than half of people who bought the game have completed chapter 1, it shows the average intelligence of the average player.

Most people pick Angel not because they want to play it but because it's the basic bitch default path.
>>
>>2093379
Not like she could stay a paladin since she becomes lawful evil. Probably should have made her become a hellknight instead and complete the saber memes. Still be shit though.
>>
>>2094768
>>2094781
It doesn't even matter, since it's guaranteed the AP will be re-written to fit with the game, like Kingmaker is. Back when the original AP was written I don't think there even was a "Deskari is still alive" way to finish it.
>>
>>2094758
No, that's just Angel's regular ending, Iomedae invites you over to Heaven for being the coolest dude, and if you accept and happen to be romancing Galfrey, she gets to come along since she doesn't want to break you two up
>>
>>2094515
Half the shit listed in the Wiki is Kingmaker items that aren't actually in game.
>>
>>2094781
https://paizo.com/products/btq01vpj
>The heroes of the Wrath of the Righteous Adventure Path finished the job, sealing the Worldwound and slaying the demon lord responsible for its creation, Deskari.

However, in paizo's canon Baphomet is still running around and Succqueen moved to Elysium
>>
>>2094784
>were a butterfly goddess is stronger than Cthulhu
Canonically so is a steamboat, so that's not really THAT impressive.
>>
>>2094803
BTFO eternally
>>2094795
>"NOO THEY SAY IT ISNT CANON"
>prove it is
>"HEH DOESNT EVEN MATTER
holy
>>
>>2094803
What did I say previously. That the APs have "default" endings for people who haven't played them and are playing a different adventure.
You've just proven my point.
>>
>>2094804
>Canonically so is a steamboat, so that's not really THAT impressive.

i meant it in the sense that old tentacle face is a statted monster that you can kill

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/aberrations/great-old-ones/great-old-one-cthulhu/
>>
>>2094809
yes the canon ending
>>
>"post screenshot"
>posts screenshot
>"you just proven my point!"
Epic
I bet its the same retard that keeps posting that JJ quote
>>