[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>complains about how expensive certain features promised to backers were in Deadfire
>insists on having twelve different currencies and hiring a fashion consultant to design realistic tropical clothing
Blessed autist
>>
File: currency.png (1.44 MB, 1196x750)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB PNG
>>
File: fashion.png (658 KB, 1135x778)
658 KB
658 KB PNG
>>
>>2092272
You have a fundamental misunderstanding of how much these things cost.
>>
>sawyer thread
zzz... huh, yeah, sure... zzz...
>>
>>2092304
Are you a game developer? Whatever you think the cost is, it's likely three times higher
Ship combat was actually the most expensive feature in the game, and it's entirely text based.
>>
>>2092272
Without detail-autists like him, though, RPGs would be pretty bland and simplistic in terms of their worldbuilding.
>>
>>2092272
>makes five hundredth e-celeb thread
god shut the fucking FUCK up. i don't fucking care. stop slobbing this random guy's cock, jesus fucking christ. he's not gonna fuck you, anon. he's not gonna fucking fuck you.
>>
>>2092332
Ship combat was pushed by Feargus, not Josh.

As for OP, depending on the features they might have a strong mismatch in what they cost to produce and the value they give the game.

The system design part of the currency would most likely be handled by Sawyer, since that's the kind of stuff he likes. It also helps worldbuilding. Beyond that it's mainly about implementing it in code, which isn't too much work (assuming it was done early).
Obsidian also has pretty good programmers.

Hiring a consultant to give you advice on the attire isn't that expensive, is pretty common and also important (otherwise you can easily get confused designs that make no sense).
>>
>>2092924
Chris Avellone has accused Sawyer of being an irresponcible project manager on New Vegas and that ammo types were a waste of resources. Do you agree with him?
>>
>>2092998
Chris Avelonne is a sexist and a rapist, his opinions don't matter.
>>
>>2092998
Considering Sawyer is a legit good director (moreso than a writer) and Avellone is terrible at managing people and projects?

Avellone is only good at one thing. Writing. But even then he's not good at scope when it comes to his writing.
>>
>>2092311
Ngl I preferred rean threads
>>
>>2092272
Normal people do not know or care who this is or what he did. This board is for discussing RPGs, not z-list ecelebs.
>>
>>2093291
Based Reanposter. Now /vrpg/ has succumbed to eceleb dicksucking threads.
>>
>>2093022
He sounds based to me
>>
>>2096118
I wish I could demand to lick pussy with impunity
>>
>>2092924
>Obsidian also has pretty good programmers.
Lmao it still sends a crash message on launch 3 years later
>>
File: 152571504956999.jpg (30 KB, 297x547)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>2092649
>E-celeb
>>
>>2099455
His status as an attention whore is well earned anon.
>>
File: pathetic.jpg (26 KB, 388x400)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>creator of Icewind Dale II, Fallout: New Vegas, Pillars of Eternity, and Obsidian's best game ever - Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire
>/vrpg/ labels him an e-celeb
>>
>>2099553
>Obsidian's best game ever - Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire
Exceedingly correct and based opinion haver
>>
>>2092998
>Chris Avellone has accused Sawyer of being an irresponcible project manager on New Vegas
Seems like it turned out pretty well to me.
>and that ammo types were a waste of resources
They were pretty fun, so I don't feel like they were a waste of resources.
>>
>>2099583
>, so I don't feel like they were a waste of resources
Then you should travel south to Novac
>>
All those eceleb, fangirl tier threads needs to be banned on sight. Cringest shit on this board
>>
Irrefutable truth - All JRPG music sounds the same. Cope, weebs.
>>
>>2099359
Comparing their programmers to the likes of Larian and Owlcat is like night and day, with Owlcat being nightmare fuel.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.