[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 50 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: motb.jpg (144 KB, 1600x900)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
What rpg has the best evil path?
>>
>>2090702
Jade Empire is satisfying as hell. You become a literal god-emperor and either enslave or kill everyone who stands against you.
>>
>>2090729
DOS2 has basically the same thing if you play as fane and become sworn but break your vow using Swornbreaker. You kill the main baddy and become 100x worse than he ever was. You also resurrect your entire race to be your subjects.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZQZ8Eh38kM&t=252s
>>
>>2090747
OP said "path", there's literally no difference between an evil and good character in DOS2 aside from the useless hero/villain tag.
>>
>>2090702
Probably KOTOR 2
>>
>>2090702
OP
>>
>>2090702
Who cares? I have an imagination, so I can make my own evil path in any game.
>>
>>2091099
Why play games instead of imagining one?
>>
>>2090702
Planescape Torment.
It's the only one that comes to mind that actually allows you to do genuinely evil shit just to get ahead.
>>
>>2091179
I never managed to do an evil playthrough in planescape, some things you can do to your companions are beyond cruel
It's not fun at all
>>
>>2091117
Same reason you put a disc in the machine.
>>
>>2090702
Fable?
>>
>>2090702
Soul Nomad
>>
File: Enclave_08-24-21.jpg (65 KB, 600x337)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>2090702
Enclave, because of the VERY ODD, discombobulating way it tells its story.

You unlock the evil campaign by beating the good campaign. The evil campaign uses mostly the same maps as the good ones, which feels lazy at first. Then your character crosses paths with your character from the good campaign and you kill them (if you're good, which you should be to get to this point).

The entire game is like this. You cross paths and do battle with your opposing campaign characters constantly and it feels oddly special.

Doesn't hurt that the art direction is really fucking good and there are a lot of hot girls with nice boobies and toned, juice asses to forcibly drain my cock with.
>>
>>2090702
>What rpg has the best evil path?
There is not single Evil Path well done, most of the "evil path" are only the same good path but with edgy options or literally exaggerated to point that is impossible to sympathize with the main character anymore.
>>
>>2091214
This
>>
>>2090729
I'm still torn between feeling bad and getting a boner because I enslaved Dawn Star
>>
>>2091179

You can do a lot of horrible shit you can do but there's no real 'evil path', in the end you always accept your fate and get sent to Hades.
>>
>>2093134
>to point that is impossible to sympathize with the main character anymore
That's the entire point of a character being evil.
>>
>>2091183
I used to play evil characters as a kid but at some point I realized it feels far better to play a good character
>>
>>2093272
I don't mind the "evil" path if it's actually just "anti-hero that is harsh and brutal to get the job done, for the greater good", not if it's dumb shit like "you're a crazy serial killer psycho that just wants to destroy everything".
>>
>>2093134
This is why I never do evil playthroughs of most games. The games are usually obviously written for the playing a good guy, and evil paths are just that with some evil options that don't seriously affect the story until maybe the very end. Plus the evil options are always schizophrenicly switching between being selfishly motivated by money and power or just killing people for no real reason besides evil, and very rarely are there any "smart" evil choices (though I think this is mostly a problem in Bioware games).

I generally prefer if the game doesn't pretend it has good and evil "paths" and just clearly sets it up more as just deciding how violent or cold-blooded you're going to be in completing your goal. Probably the game I like most for this Alpha Protocol, because some of the asshole options are really funny and being an asshole all the time will actually cause everyone to hate your guts and act appropriately.
>>
>>2093267
No, it isn't. Evil characters don't have to be sympathetic but they absolutely can be. That's why redemption arcs are a thing.
>>
>>2093360
I'd actually play a rpg where you can roleplay as a ted bundy like serial killer, having to plan your murders without getting caught
>>
There are almost no good "Good" paths in video games, because RPG developers have no understanding or appreciation of the use of strength. Most of contemporary culture is built on the virtues of weakness as filtered through countless stories.
>>
Arcanum for me.
>>
File: lkqd3b71lyn01.png (3.48 MB, 1920x1080)
3.48 MB
3.48 MB PNG
>>2091214
based
>>
>>2090747
Wait so it is possible to resurrect the eternals and have them not be horribly fucked up?

Why doesn't he do it in other endings?
>>
>>2093267
There's evil, and then there's a 12 year old writing edgy fanfiction in their school notebook.

Being an asshole is fun but the options for evil paths are on par with a Saturday morning cartoon.
>>
>>2093257
You can also keep chasing that amnesia tail until uhh... you become a vegetable and get sent to Hades anyway?
>>
>>2093257
>>2095023
You can also end yourself once and for all.
>>
File: file.png (450 KB, 454x879)
450 KB
450 KB PNG
Fire Emblem Three Houses
>>
>>2095589
Really? Is it that dagger or whatever that enables this?
>>
>>2091805
actually, the evil path reuses only 2-3 maps of the good path (the first and second map of the good path and another i dont remember)
i remember being shocked by it
>>
Unironically, Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous.

Evil is hard to do in games, it ends up almost always being "(attack) ugh i kill u and take ur stuff" which implies chaotic evil and yet paradoxically the writers will shy away from letting you do actual psychopathic or truly evil things. Conversely, Lawful Evil and ends justify the means is almost never included at all, it just doesn't exist and most attempts to do it end up being failures like Mass Effect renegades.

Wrath for CE characters serves as a slowly ramping up spiral of insanity and psychopathy and is graphic enough that they just wouldn't be able to get away with it if it wasn't all conveyed over text, with you being able to do everything from sell slaves to a rapist who keeps them in his sex/murder dungeon to actively participating in a party members serial killer cannibalistic lunacy.

LE might be even better too, especially with the Lich path which can be entirely played as "The end justifies the means." and hyper pragmatically.
>>
Kotor 2 had a good evil path. You can roleplay as a former jedi bitter after being punished for your actions during the mandalorian wars. You get to help the ondoron nationalists backstab their former sith allies. You get to corrupt your companions and turn them into dark jedi. Dark side abilities like force crush are spectacular.
>>
Fable 1. There is nothing more satisfying than divorcing your wife or slaughtering an entire village to buy up the property and rent it out to their children.
>>
>>2093257
>Not using spoiler tags
I've already beaten the game but for the sake of others don't be a faggot, faggot.
>>
>>2099014
>it ends up almost always being "(attack) ugh i kill u and take ur stuff"

I haven't played WotR yet, but I loved every single (Chaotic Evil) [Attack] dialogue. Especially in the pitax carnival where basically every single NPC you talk to there has some evil retard dialogue option to attack them.
>>
>>2100764
meant to say
>every single (Chaotic Evil) [Attack] dialogue *in Kingmaker*
>>
>>2093360
>I'm fine with evil characters if they're not actually evil
>>
>>2100482

>spoilers for a 22 year old game
>>
>>2093822
Persona game where instead of forming social links with people to become friends, it just lets you murder them when their links are maxed out
>>
File: 1638957046466.jpg (19 KB, 540x396)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>2100790
>>
>>2091179
Not all that good.
Most evil shit you do jumps between being pointlessly cruel or being chaotic evil retard.
I expected it to have me do things similar to practical incarnation but the only thing that really comes close is constantly tormenting Dakkon to get a much better sword in terms of sheer damage. It only ended up satisfying because of a much harder pen-ultimate boss fight.
>>
>>2090702
Soul Nomad
>>
>>2090702
KOTOR1
>>
File: 1505112171250.jpg (571 KB, 1280x777)
571 KB
571 KB JPG
>>2090702
Hyper Dimension Neptunia 2
Nepgear is the cutest war criminal of them all.
>>
>>2095645
that's the good route though
>>
>>2090702
FFTA, it's the only path
>>
>>2090702
New Vegas- fighting for the NCR can be satisfying, in a queer sort of way.
>>
>>2090702
I don't know if it's the best but being evil in Dragon Age Origins is fucking hilarious
>>
>>2103635
Giving the something to the giant something, tho

that's kinda big time evil
>>
>>2090702
>Mark of the Betrayer
This is the same franchise whose original neutral options boiled down to 'break into random NPC houses and strategically kill them to keep your alignment after choosing the only sane options". Mark of the Betrayer doesn't have a high bar to overtake.
>>
>>2099345
>You get to help the ondoron nationalists
>evil path
>>
>>2109490
it gets really hilarious when you play a good guy and then kavar wants to kill you over political dispute
>>
>>2090702

Tyranny but only if your become your own despot.
>>
>>2090702
Who gives a shit?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.