[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Tales of Destiny DC English Patch (100%*, play it now!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a98yF_Dq98A
https://github.com/furiousg4m3r/Tales-of-Destiny-DC

Tales of Innocence R - English Translation Progress
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdti1BsmoOo

Tales of Arise is out now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnCn6iDiQ7k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr8JllMGmvY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbhrlN2q7ec
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHVCUEABbPA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWodNy5oGEc
>>
File: E3mpNhBUYAQz4od.jpg (803 KB, 1500x1500)
803 KB
803 KB JPG
Don't engage with trolls.
Don't engage with schizos.
Don't engage with pedophiles.

Watch out for spoilers!
>>
File: 18079545.png (407 KB, 902x1399)
407 KB
407 KB PNG
As a Pedo schizo troll, I feel like I'm being treated with disrespect.
>>
>>2085114
Never played a tales of game is ToA worth getting?
>>
>>
Is Arise CPU or GPU intensive? I have a 1070, but my CPU is a 2k series i7 and I'm afraid that'll be my bottleneck.
>>
>>2085161
No, Tales games are shit.
>>
Man some of these bosses in Arise are a right pain in the dick. It's really draining my gels and bottles.
>>
File: 6u6rj.jpg (386 KB, 1500x1060)
386 KB
386 KB JPG
>Tales Of Arise
>>
File: 63927078_p15.jpg (52 KB, 317x322)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
> Tales Of Arise
>>
How is the game? Hearing all sorts of mixed opinions on it
>>
>>2085542
I like it a lot so far
>>
File: Spoiler Image (807 KB, 2562x1436)
807 KB
807 KB JPG
I feel like it's a bad idea trying to do these under leveled.
>>
>>2085542
The legit bad thing in this game is the boss were too tanky since they can't stagger and you're severely under leveled throughout the game too force you to buy and use the DLCs.
Hopefully they patched it soon but I wouldn't count on it
>>
>>2085542
General reception is positive. It's only the fringe ones among the fanbase that signal what you're thinking. Granted, the criticisms can be varied from sensible (DLC) to nitpicky (battle mechanics).
>>
>>2085114
If you don't want retards and trolls, make the thread on /vg/. Every single one of these /vrpg/ general threads are filled with sub-80 IQ tourists.
>>
>>2085632
>to nitpicky (battle mechanics).
Automatic overlimits is always a bad idea.
>>
>>2085639
Not really
>>
>>2085645
Yes really
>>
>>2085542
First area: Pretty damn good.
Second area: Good, then "they never tested this shit" tier. I'm next to 100% sure, one enemy has a 1 tier too high spell it spams, as the boss version of that enemy has the SAME spell and needs MUCH LONGER to cast it, than the completely normal enemy it even ends up spawning several of.
The final boss of that area was also not tested with its dumb damage check/race mechanic, and was generally horribly designed.

Story and characters are pretty sucky. Could still change, but the cast feels VERY weak for a Tales of game, while the story is also surprisingly weak already fairly early on. Tropes are to be expected, but it's way too predictable and badly written on top, making the characters suffer.
Music is Star Ocean.

Game so far feels like they cared about the part reviewers play, and then the quality drops. I feel like the dungeon designs also just get worse. The battle system is really well done, with only a few problems. I just hope that the boss design isn't shitting itself as much with every major boss now...
>>
File: 1631112260584.jpg (77 KB, 989x911)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>2085639
>he doesn't know it has been exist for a week now

>>>/vg/351292863
>>>/vg/351292863
>>
>>2085654
Whoops
>>>/vg/351291418
>>>/vg/351291418
>>
>>2085542
I think the reception is positive amongst anyone not claiming themselves hardcore fans. Criticism is fine but schizos that didn’t play the game are shitting on it and I’m not just talking about 4chin here
>>
>>2085653
sporkhead?
>>
File: E9IE6gtVUAEOcqp.jpg (116 KB, 926x689)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>2085542
The bosses can't be comboed which is terrible, other aspects like characters, story, and gameplay are solid but nothing outstanding, the environments are fucking pretty though both in fidelity and direction. It's pretty much Xillia 1 with ten times the budget, take it as you will.
>>
File: sandbag.webm (2.8 MB, 858x476)
2.8 MB
2.8 MB WEBM
>>2085542
It's good. Bosses not being able to be staggered at all is a bit silly though. I always thought being able to turn bosses into sandbags was a bit dumb and needed to be fixed, but they went too far in the other direction and made it literally impossible. You can down them with Burst Artes but that only lasts a couple seconds.
>>
>>2085727
I thought xillia 2 had it perfect. I could get off around 6 artes with a well planned combo before they broke out and started fighting back again and then I'd have to break their guard/stagger them to start a combo all over. It was a good, rhythmic back and forth.
>>
>>2085727
Luckily Alphen's burst arte works on everything, and using other characters BA's recharges his a bit, so if you cycle through properly you can have bosses Downed very often.
>>
Heard Alphen was worse than Asbel, is this true? Not planning to touch Arise if this is the case
>>
>>2085777
Anon surely you are aware that no one can be worse than fucking Assbel
>>
>>2085777
Jesus christ no. Alphen has a couple scenes that will make you roll your eyes at him but nothing nearly as offensive as Asbel.
>>
Are the only official English versions of Phantasia really just the GBA version, which runs and feels like garbage, and the iOS version, which might as well be lost media?
>>
File: 1602334051645.jpg (120 KB, 273x330)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>2085542
It's pretty damn bad if you want a Tales of game, if you just want a generic throwaway Scamco JRPG from the God Eater devs you'll like it
>>2085777
I'm not one of those people who hate Assbel, but Alphen is kind of similar, just swap the MINNA WO MAMORU part with BREAKING ZA WALL, so if you dislike Assbel you might dislike Alphen.
Alphen also isn't nearly as fabulous and hotblooded as Assbel
>>
>>2085777
>>2085824
>>2085827
You clowns know that Luca exists as far as "bad" Tales MC goes right?
>>
File: hips.webm (279 KB, 210x246)
279 KB
279 KB WEBM
>>
Might as well field this question over here as well:
I keep seeing complaints about how "dreadful" Stahn and Rutee are as a ship. Even from an objective standpoint I have absolutely no idea what's supposed to be so offensive about it. Is it because they hate Rutee and think Philia deserves it? Is it because it isn't immediately obvious from the start they're going to end up together? What the hell is the problem?
>>
>>2085981
You've been hanging in schizo threads like this for too long. No one sane thinks what you're wondering about.
>>
>>2085981
>caring what other niggas think about ships
You stupid fucking idiot, ships are about what you enjoy. Don't force them on others, and don't let others convince you to not enjoy what you like.
>>
Only had time to play like the first hour of Arise. This world building so far is pretty Symphonia.

>Two worlds
>Humans enslaved by a technologically superior half bright-eyes capable of using magic
>Slave camps that serve no purpose other than developing the Excores embedded in the human's skins
>Desian Grand Lordinals all fighting amongst themselves to develop the strongest Cruxis Master Core
>>
How does Rinwell's charged magic actually activate? I can only seem to reliably get it to convert the same spell into a next level up. I thought it'd go off in combos but it doesn't seem to.
>>
Alphen has a cuck fetish
>>
>>2085542
Im enjoying my time so far. Liking the story and characters (albiet the story is pretty generic and the twists are pretty predictable, but its decently told, just reached elde menancia).

Normal battles are incredibly fun, but christ, the second boss is complete aids at times on hard at first.

The game really should have implemented a stagger meter like ff7r for humanoid bosses.
>>
https://youtu.be/uiSDSlD2eDo
>>
>>2085643
OVL triggers so frequently that its not that much of an issue, and bosses cant stagger anyway so theres no issue.
>>
>>2085615
nah you dont need to get the dlcs. I beat the first two lords on hard.

Granted, I had problems, but its doable.

I still think DLC artes is retarded as fuck
>>
>>2086381
bro i claimed the dlc +levels without thinking and now im OP as fuuuuuuuuck
>>
>>2086389
You still don't need to get them. In fact, I feel that youre hampering your experience doing so.
>>
>>2086397
thats what im sayin. i just did claim all DLC items, and bam. my level shot up from like 15 to 50-something (something like that), wild.
>>
Considering how hard the marketing shilled the romance, is it done well? I did like how Alphen and Shionne were not lovey dovey at the start but I want to know if the development is good. Just reached Elde Menancia
>>
>>2086436
It's terrible and ends in ntr
>>
What the heck do I need to do to get Incineration Wave?
>>
>>2086436
its fantastic
>>
Where can I buy hootle merch?
>>
>>2086743
Hooters
>>
I like the music and the tracks sung by Ayaka
>>
Is Abyss the game with the worst names? Who calls their kid Tear Grants?
>>
Tell me about Alphen, why does he wear the mask?
>>
>>2086921
I wonder if he and shionne do maskplay with each other
>>
>>2086436
It's fine if you like bitchy female tsunderes
>>
>>2086436
No, it's generic tsundere woman and clueless nice guy "romance" you can find everywhere.
>>2086921
Nobody cared who he was until he broke the mask
>>
are the swimsuit/other bamco costumes deluxe edition only?
>>
Why the fuck would they give the two worlds such similar sounding names I’m constantly forgetting which one is which when I’m trying to talk about the game
>>
>>2086970
>>2086950
I'm genuinely curious. What kind of romance would you consider as not "generic?"
>>
>>2087051
Eren x Mikasa
>>
>>2086891
Her real name is Mystearica Aura Fende you mog
>>
File: 20210913084551_1.jpg (718 KB, 2558x1439)
718 KB
718 KB JPG
>Steel: Count 9999
>Spirit: 2
I'm not gonna make it.
>>
>>2087057
This
>>
>>2087057
Not a fair comparison for Tales, Eremika is the romance story of the decade
>>
>>2087057
Based
>>
Im at the end of the game and havent found even one Mysterious Fragment to make a Mystic Crest with. Where the fuck are they?
>>
Picked up Arise the other day, still playing Code Vein before I start it. What’s the early verdict? I’m one of the few people on this planet that actually enjoyed Xillia and Zesteria (Graces and Symphonia being by favorites). Sucks Kosuke Fujishima isn’t doing any art for this one.
>>
>>2087170
>Sucks Kosuke Fujishima isn’t doing any art for this one.
He's not getting any work at all. Be glad Tales got a decent artist. Sakura Taisen got stuck with Titty Kubo.
>>
>>2087181
Is Fujishima poison now after that whole scandal about him having an affair with some underage cosplayer and getting her a VA job on some game he worked on a few years back?
>>
>>2087194
He didn't even give a like, mention or made a commemorative art of Arise on his Twitter which leads me to believe he parted on bad terms with Bamco.
>>
>>2087057
The romance between Eren and Mikasa is PVRE KINO
>>
>>2087170
Most people who play Xillia enjoy it, it's just the autists who flip out at bland environments as if Tales hasn't been full of them for two decades that hate it.
>>
>>2087057
Based EMchad
>>
>>2087181
>>2087194
>>2087202
Holy shit, never knew any of that. I just thought he moved on after noticing he didn’t do anything for Berseria.
>>
>>2087057
Mikasa/Eren is on a league of it's own
>>
>>2087220
Was there even a romance?
Eren seemed only interested in killing titans and like everyone else he thougth Krista was cute, maybe. He seemed more asexual and afraid of Mikasa than consider her a woman lol.
Mikasa was obsessed with protecting Eren because of that past event and the dumb scarf. That's like some shoujo manga "I love this guy even though he treats me like crap all the time because he gave me his umbrella once. - I guess I love this yandere chick because she's always been there for me."
>>
>>2087194
>and getting her a VA job on some game he worked on a few years back?
That was Baba not Fujishima.
>>
>the best love story since and before twilight
>you're talking about shingeki no-sex
>>
>>2087295
>Hating scarfkino
>Not seeing the poignant romance
>Reducing the masterful romance between them to buzzwords
Have sex incel
>>
>>2087194
Not underage, just young. She was 18 when Fujishima divorced his previous wife (I have no idea if their relationship was the cause of the divorce) and 20 when she and Fujishima got married.
>>2087302
No, it was Fujishima. His new wife got a role in Blue Rose Valkyrie.
>>
Is the romance in AoT really that good?
>>
>>2087375
There is actually straight up none.
>>
>>2087375
No, play ToA instead
>>
File: stu.jpg (11 KB, 300x300)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>save up SP for heal CP when full
>finish battle
>it heals 2 CP
>mfw
>>
>>2087731
Even 20/battle would suck. Maybe 20% of max CP?
>>
>>2087865
I think it heals literally 1% of your max CP.
>>
>>2087896
I wonder if there's anything at all in the game that gives CP regen during battle. Even 1CP/10s would be better than nothing.
>>
I'm playing the PC version of Symphonia and when I run with the analog stick it's slower than using the dpad. Anyone else have this issue and find a fix for it? Thinking of just emulating the Gamecube version instead because it runs at 60fps.
>>
>>2087950
I’ve only played the PS3 remaster and the analog was very responsive, it may be e controller you have yourself.
>>
File: file.png (437 KB, 502x407)
437 KB
437 KB PNG
Rinwell ass!

>>2087950
I had a problem with controller on PC too. The analog stick input didn't work right and stuttered. I fixed it by using the "GameOverlayRenderer.dll" file from a different game. ToS also runs and looks better after installing the latest update.
The only reason to play the GC version is 60fps. You lose the extra content from the PS2 and you lose voiced skits which is the worst.
>>
I hate playing Tales games with TP on hard mode. It's so fucking tedious early game because you constantly run out of TP and have to grind gald to buy more orange/lemon gels.
>>
>>2087979
>I hate playing Tales games with TP
same
>>
>>2087979
Xillia gave a ton of tools to help circumvent it. If future titles ever use TP, they better follow suit.
>>
>>2085112
>Tales of Destiny DC English Patch (100%*, play it now!)
How do I install it?
>>
Just beat the Elde Menancia boss on hard mode. I felt like I was fighting the Ai more than the boss honestly.

It's not a good thing when a fight gets EASIER when one of your allies die.
>>
>>2088132
Download a brain and then use that to read
>>
>>2088132
Find the Japanese ISO, download the patch from the github, install, play
>>
>>2087038
mane you are just retarded
>>
>>2085542
It's very good. I am almost done with the game and haven't had much problem. I did not buy any DLC. The story picks up around 3/5ths in. A lot of the dialogue with your comrades is charming, and they have interesting character development in relationship to overcoming loss and grief.
The combat is challenging but has a little bit of a learning curve. You can down enemies and execute complex combos involving other members. It's not that hard of a game, but paying attention to cp (basically mp) for dedicated healer is essential.
>>
>>2088585
Honestly, a major con for me is how bad the AI is sometimes, to where they drain your CP even when you as the player are playing well.

Honestly, the player is better off playing melee characters than the Ai is.
>>
File: 1614436753472.png (38 KB, 239x269)
38 KB
38 KB PNG
Vohlran was such a sorry shitshow of a fight, soured even further by the asset flipped Vajra miniboss before him.
Seriously, who's the moron who designed this game, who tought it would be okay to make a boss be LITERALLY a dark souls 3 player with DS1 poise that does nothing but rollspam into attacks all fucking day so you have to slowly and painfully chip him to death? Sho Hayami was wasted on this fucking clown
>>
File: Ez3IcCqVIAMtHfN.jpg (244 KB, 1046x1235)
244 KB
244 KB JPG
>>2086436
Yes. Unlike most tsundere romances, Alphen is actually mutually tsundere for Shionne at the start but actually grows out of it as he wants to be closer to her. Shionne starts to do the same when Alphen gets hurt because of her recklessness during the meeting with Dohalim which causes her to reflect and be more thoughtful to him.

Also, they actually get married at the end.
>>
anyone have a save from around the 3rd zone theyd be willing to share? my save got wiped and i didnt make a backup
>>
Is the cast as bad as people say it is?
>>
>Alphen and Shionne have a daughter
>He names it Naori
>>
>>2088810
>daughter
>it
her*
>>
>>2086121
>Two worlds

This is a common Tales staple, it's probably easier to count the games that DON'T involve a second dimension/abyss/planet etc. of some form
>>
>>2085112
I'm confused, are there DLC monsters?
>>
>>2087003
No, you can buy them off the respective stores as separate DLC.
>>
File: Shionne and kids.png (717 KB, 791x959)
717 KB
717 KB PNG
>>2088810
>>2088818
>>
>>2088720
if by bad you mean fantastic then yes
>>
>>2088865
That's not Tales of so fuck off to your containment zone. Stop spreading your mental disease.
>>
File: velvetnumberone.jpg (44 KB, 583x495)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>2088720
They're fine, it's just that for some reason people keep comparing them to Berseria characters which is kinda unfair desu
>>
>>2088879
which is strange, there is nothing special about Berseria characters.
>>
>>2088878
Bro? They both have the same hair and eyes??

Totally her after she got fat eating all day while waiting for Alphen to come home.
>>
>>2088879
Berseria was pretty boring, I think Vesperia's familial vibe was the best
>>
>>2088720
The only games with a better cast than this game’s are Berseria, Vesperia and Abyss. I’m not praising this game’s cast, just saying the cast of the game’s hasn’t been generally that good.
>>
Innocence's Cast is the best.
>>
>>2088923
Fuck off tranny
>>
Is there an Owl in the owl forest? Because Hootle will pop out but I can't find shit. Is he just responding to the owls I found or is there an actual owl there to find.
>>
>>2088882
Shionne doesn't have that ugly Reanface
>>
>>2088917
Abyss sucked ass, they all hated each other. I never got the vibe that they were friends, just a bunch of sociopaths with a common goal
>>
>>2088944
They all came back and waited for Luke every year. They cared about him.
> just a bunch of sociopaths with a common goal
Also this is great fuck you
>>
>>2088934
Just google a guide moron, it's faster. I don't know why some of you insist on posting here for solutions you can easily google. It's like you guys are so starved for social interaction thqt this is the only place you can get them.
>>
>>2088720
So far I think they're fantastic. Frankly half the time I wonder what people online think a good cast constitutes of. But so far they've been quite engaging and their banter is great.
>>
>>2088945
>Also this is great fuck you

Ok fair, if you frame it in that manner, then yes a dysfunctional hodgepodge of people who hate each other is entertaining to watch, but you and I both know that wasn't what was originally meant.
>>
>>2088951
Post top 10 games
>>
>>2088947
Because I only want help seeing if there's the one and even just looking at a guide can give too much information away that I'd rather learn organically as I go. And yes social interaction and discussing video games is engaging. Used to be one of the main lunch room topics in fact.
>>
>>2088925
I'm not a Zestyfag tho.
>>
>>2088953
Just imagine the Abyss cast as a bunch of 4channers begrudgingly banding together to get that sweet cunny.
>>
>>2088947
I would assume, in most cases, people want to avoid spoilers for a new game. People in these threads at least somewhat respect spoilers, guide sites and YouTube uploaders give zero fucks.
>>
>>2088965
seriously the last thing I want to do is go to youtube, type in something innocuous and then have 11 different heavy spoilers in my recommendations. Hell I've even gotten spoiled over things just by typing in a name and getting autofill.
>>
>>2088956
>open google
>search 'tales of arise owl locations'
>click link
>ctrl+f 'owl forest' or whatever location you're unsure about
>no result = move on; result = search for it
Or just check the damn forest yourself.
>muh spoilers
Alphen is the red man, Dohalim is gay, Hootle took edgelord's virginity so he wants to destroy the world. Happy about that social interaction?
>>
>>2087057
Imagine the shitstorm if the romance of this game ended up like SnK just as that SnKfag was saying. The meltdown would be glorious
>>
>>2089079
Kek imagine Alphen having an incel rant in his final moments
>>
>>2089094
>SHIONNE FINDING ANOTHER MAN?! I DON’T WANT THAT! I WANT HER TO HAVE FEELINGS FOR ME TILL SHE DIES! TEN YEARS AT LEAST!
Lmao
>>
File: 20210914025546_1.jpg (178 KB, 2051x921)
178 KB
178 KB JPG
Finally.
>>
the last two bosses i fought were fucking awful
hope this isn't a trend h-haha...
>>
File: laughing Lord.png (403 KB, 512x512)
403 KB
403 KB PNG
He got away with absolutely everything.
>>
File: Vholran.jpg (2.81 MB, 2632x3948)
2.81 MB
2.81 MB JPG
>>2088604

USE. DOHALIM.

Its almost like players see the tips the game gives you to adapt against certain types of enemies and then players forget or don't care about the mechanics already laid out for you.
>>
File: 1606419547305.png (356 KB, 617x606)
356 KB
356 KB PNG
>>2089411
I am maining Dohalim since I got him, it's a garbage boss fight like every single boss fight in this shitty game
>U wanna actually combo a boss?
>No pls, go chase this faggot around the arena as he dodge rolls like a beheaded chicken
>Make sure to spam dodge rolls too because bosses cannot be combo'd and only stagger for two seconds with your burst artes if they're into a specific
>u rike?
Do you think this game is hard or complex? It's literally simon says with more button mashing the moment a boss doesn't start their longwinded animation that say "omg pls use Rin to stop me from casting/Kisara to stop me from charging/Dohalim to stop me from autododge etc".
And I bet Chaos will be the same shitshow but with even more bloated HP bars, so far the only thing that killed me was the mantis zeugle in Calaglia, you faggots made it seem like Ganabelt was this kind of wall with his indignation and clones and I got it in my first attempt, he couldn't even cast a second Indignation after his scripted one
>>
>Normal is too easy
>Everyone dies in one-hit on moderate
>>
>>2088706
https://mega.nz/file/I1lwzKaR#AJJwPQ3Y1osof2LCMd5DyxNnB7BDEwJcTb-AIzDylO8

This should be from about 20-30 mins after the Kisara fight
>>
Would bonafide Warpigs enjoy Arise?
>>
>>2089561
???
>>
>>2089435
I generally think the monster boss fights are pretty fun (as in the gigantic zeugles out in the world). Big enough hitbox to allow air combos and simple attacks you can actually see and react to.

The human bosses can fuck off though.
>>
>>2089822
>I generally think the monster boss fights are pretty fun
Until you have to deal with bosses that have their weak points on their tails, which will be permanently out of range since they always walk to the edges of the arena and leave their tails out of reach.
Or the fact that you have to play Gradius with them for some reason instead of being actual Tales of bosses.
Sorry but bosses are just horrible in this game, the only boss I found decent so far was the souped up Elemental miniboss that summons clones of different elements, and even there it was still just wailing on things that don't react to anything but your assists.
>>
>>2089407
But he did absolutely nothing wrong. Outside of not fucking Kisara i guess.
>>
>>2089540
hey thanks so much anon, youre a real life saver. i was just starting to consider the fact i might have to play through everything again
>>
File: thou art reign.jpg (461 KB, 1920x1080)
461 KB
461 KB JPG
>>2085112
I had fun playing Arise on Hard until Ooze.
Had to go back to Normal for that fight, because I don't have enough life bottles to keep the AI controlled characters alive.
And as a true autist I can't finish a battle with dead characters.

By the way, is it ever explained how Law ended up in Cyslodia? I think there's a big fucking blazing wall between it and Calaglia.
I didn't even get him yet, so I'm not asking how, just if it's explained.
>>
>>2090358
It is.
>>
>>2090358
It gets explained in a skit.
>>
>>2090358
A skit says he just hopped on a cargo vessel that goes in between the walls.
>>
>>2090358
Ooze is honestly one of the most cancer fights in the game.

Honestly the Cyslodia bosses are cancer.
>>
>>2090363
>>2090364
>>2090369
Nice. I had a feeling they could've forgotten about this "detail", good to know I was wrong.

>>2090372
He wouldn't be that bad if he didn't spawn his little fags endlessly.
Like, maybe once per a quarter of his health or something would be ok, but it seems like in the second half they just respawn as soon as you kill them off.
>>
God I want to punch Shionne in the face. She's easily the worst Tales heroine to date.
>>
>>2090398
How far in are you?
>>
>>2090404
Beat the fag who spams INDIGNATION. Yeah I know it's still early and she obviously has a character arc where she stops being a cunt but they're sure doing a shit job of making me even remotely care for her enough to see that arc come to fruition.
>>
>>2090409
The zone after has her mellow out a bit.
>>
>>2090398
If she sparks so much emotion in you, then she may be one of the best. Certainly better than the boring ones, like in ToE, ToL, ToS, ToV, ToG and ToZ.
Remember that "I like this character" doesn't equal "this is a good character". They're not there to make you feel nice inside.
>>
>>2090418
I think Shionne is a good character. She's a dickhead, but it makes sense given her curse.

It comes to bite her in the ass at least to where she actually regrets her behavior somewhat and tries to get better,
>>
>>2090432
And that's fine. In fact, I wouldn't mind even if she stayed like that. It would be refreshing in a way.
Also, it's not like she's the first Tales heroine who's not very nice to the MC. There's Tear for example, although Luke deserved it.
>>
File: 1534449932264.jpg (1.37 MB, 2560x1440)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB JPG
Also gotta keep in mind she initially considers the group to be filthy subhumans.
>>
File: 1620573536845.jpg (237 KB, 1280x1440)
237 KB
237 KB JPG
Has japan finally seen the light?
>>
>>2090486
Yes, but has the West done the same?
>>
>>2090418
I agree, cheria is very boring.
>>
>>2090486
I can't think of a single straight happy ending that I actually like. Plenty that I hate though.
>>
>>2090524
Maybe you're depressed.
>>
>>2090547
Or Russian
>>
>>2090547
Maybe. But even if you look at general consensus, the endings that get remembered are the bittersweet ones.
>>
>>2090575
Yeah because of how shitty and unsatisfying most of them are. Being memorable doesn't mean being good.
>>
>>2090584
That applies to endings universally though, not only bittersweet ones. Endings are hard to get right.
>Being memorable doesn't mean being good
It's an absolute requirement.
>>
Ive played Berseria for around 10h. Ive played Arise for about 10h. Ive played Vesperia for about 2h, and atm, I like Vesperia way more. Duuno, main character is way better, hurr. Durr.
>>
>>2090486
This is only because Yamamoto left not some enlightenment
>>
>>2090590
>It's an absolute requirement
But that's completely subjective.
>>
>>2090590
>Being memorable doesn't mean being good
Yeah, let's pretend Mass Effect 3's ending was good.
>>
>>2089822
I agree. The worst thing about human boss fights is, that with the stagger removal and them being unable to break, these fights turn into "I run around in circles throwing a ranged attack at them once in a while" for 30 minutes.

IT'S SO FUCKING BORING. Who thought this is a good idea, seriously. The only exception was the first lord, who had big enough downtime for you to go in and hit a few times, though even here ranged artes are WAY better. I ended up just having the AI fight in the third lord battle, because really, it's so fucking boring and takes way too long.

Also while I rant, I absolute hate how awful the armor shit is. Yeah you can break it with Law, for a whopping 4 seconds, after which it's right back to "haha I don't take damage LUL". It's not like AI can learn that they have to attack from the back. I hate when designers are so careless. The guard break should at least last 30 seconds and affect all enemies in the current fight.
Also for the love of god, when will they get rid of the outdated tales targeting system that sucks ass and shouldn't even be there anymore. Trade it for a fucking lock on function like ANY OTHER real time action game with a freely movable camera. Is it that hard? With Berseria having been their first of that kind, I could overlook it, but AGAIN the same shit?

I actually might just drop it. The cast, story and writing are some of tales of weakest as well. The characters are all one-trick ponies doing the same thing the entire time. Also way too much screaming for no reason. No it's not making a scene emotional, if every second scene feels like someone is screaming. Something went really wrong with the story/characters in Arise. It's not helping the otherwise.. very fluctuating experience.
>>
>>2090619
Every single part of this conversation has been subjective from the beginning. You don't have to state the obvious.
>>2090620
??? A requirement =/= the only requirement. If you can't remember an ending there's no way it can be good. It meant nothing to you, it left no impact on you whatsoever.
>>
>>2090623
And bittersweet endings aren't memorable for me. I just see them and think of how much of a waste of time that was and then forget about. At the end of the day this entire thing is subjective so I'm not sure what you're even trying to argue.
>>
>>2090633
Both happy endings and bittersweet endings can be good, it's up to execution. Arise's ending is fine, more refreshing than the last 4 games even because it's not a bittersweet ending again
>>
>>2090639
What do you think about bad (bad as in the heroes lose or at least a pyrrhic victory) endings?
>>
>>2090644
That also depends on the execution but it's much harder to pull off so it's really hard to find well done "bad" endings
>>
tales of arse
>>
>>2090633
That's just when it's pulled out of the ass. Same as happy endings pulled out of the ass.

Japan isn't good with endings. There are only very few works where I remember the ending(s) fondly.
>>
>>2090746
Sweaty, this isn't a Japan only issue. Crafting good endings is a challenge no matter what part of the world you are in.
>>
>>2090648
B-but muh Russian literature and their superior grimderp endings.
>>
>>2090486
The most beloved ending in the series among Japanese fans is exactly as this picture describes, and it's horrible.
>>
>>2090853
Which one?
>>
>>2090893
Destiny 2. The ending got 4th place in the top emotional scenes in the series poll (the only other endings on the list were Eternia's at 5th and Abyss's at 8th)
>>
>>2090925
That isnt the most beloved though. Wouldn't that be number 1?
>>
>>2090997
The scenes ahead of it aren't endings.
>>
>>2090997
Because it's a
>top emotional scenes in the series poll
not a top endings poll
>>
>>2091092
>>2091083

Damn you right, mb
>>
File: 1610691468348.png (170 KB, 332x391)
170 KB
170 KB PNG
>Beat the goddamn moose at level 40 by spamming Demon Lance
>Get something like five levels in one go
Omega Elixirs well spent
>>
File: E_R3WNoUcAEY425.jpg (174 KB, 490x507)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
>>
Bittersweet endings are fine if they have soul

X2 is a pure bullshit ending, I don't care what you say. Ludger got KEKED TO DEATH
>>
>>2091475
I wouldn't go so far as to call it bullshit, but both endings felt weak. X2 and Berseria both suffer from having scenes preceding their endings that are way more impactful than their endings themselves.
Bullshit endings are like Destiny 2 (resurrecting a character for no reason) or Rebirth (killing a character for no reason). Most Tales endings are just unremarkable.
>>
This is going to sound a like a bit of rude question, but are there Tales games with stories more interesting than the one in Vesperia? Because it's honestly taking me a lot of willpower to not skip all the cutscenes. I don't need a story to be "good" exactly, just fun and or interesting.
>>
>>2091629
>Vesperia
>Story
>Interesting

What
>>
>we can't judge Renans as a group we must judge them individually
all renans on dehna are civil servants or soldiers who are helping lords oppress the Dehnans even "good" Renans in realm 3 show no remorse. Soldiers who killed and oppressed the dehnans in realm 5 are forgiven because hatred bad. Mass murderer lord is forgiven because revenge bad. Does this nonsense ever get explained or do they keep repeating this tripe ad nauseam
>>
>>2085542
mediocre. Combat is basic and gets boring later but not bad. Story is shit. Characters are bland for the most part and needed a lot more time for their arcs since many of them just do 180s for no reason. Skits take themselves too seriously and most of the time are dumped on you. No levity or comic relief. Graphics are good. Animation is good. Music is shit as usual.
>>
>>2091647
he's saying the exact opposite anon
>>
File: 2653.png (558 KB, 654x434)
558 KB
558 KB PNG
Now that the dust has settled, what the FUCK was his problem?
>>
>>2085777
alphen is lloyd but with no personality
>>
>>2091704
Ah sorry, my fault. I misread

>>2091629
To actually answer your question. Most tales games honestly. Abyss, Symphonia, Arise, Xillia. Vesperia has a very weak story overall.
>>
people complaining about the dlc artes are cringe because they give you entire titles not just artes
they're gay pay to win cheater shit like the level up and gald dlcs
i wish i could get the costumes without the titles
>>
>>2091746
He was stuck in a shit game.
>>
>>2091746
>>2092072

Nothing, they just wanted to stop making every villain sympathetic in Arise

Still there should had been a fellow Dahnan who though turning everyone to Capri Sun would be a good idea to end their wretched state of suffering for the last 300 years and wanted to help Volhran to achieve that agenda. Their boss fight would basically be turning hollowing goo into zombies that attacks the party
>>
>>2091746
People didnt like Jon Snow?
>>
>>2091676
this is my problem with fantasy racism plots, they always devolve into some stupid UNDERSTANDING shit of wave it off as some supernatural being behind the turmoil. Tales itself has done this several times
>>
>>2092171
They can't make it too real and cynical or they'll be outed as Nazis. Remember which side of the war they took.
>>
>fight efreet
>wow that sucked, trying to fight a bunch of enemies while something the camera won't let me see fires bullshit at me that my party can't dodge is really not fun. thankfully it's over, and i doubt the game has anything worse
>get to gnome and sylph
Not sure the post game is worth doing
>>
>>2091746
He was a degenerate LARPer
He also played a Katana build in DS3 with the black hat set, disgusting, I know.
>>
>>2092224

How would a western dev handle the Renans/Denahn conflict?
>>
File: 1602189919315.png (564 KB, 902x395)
564 KB
564 KB PNG
>>2092106
>they just wanted to stop making every villain sympathetic in Arise
>Bruh actually Balseph wasn't a bad guy he really cared about his family and clan
>Bruh actually Ganabelt was a devout Renan and only wanted the best for his people
>Bruh actually Almeidra was just a victim of the sexist system she wasn't inherently evil
>Bruh actually Dedyme wasn't a bad guy he just changed for the worse, he liked owls, he can't be a bad guy
>Bruh actually the Renan aren't the big bads, it's the Ayyylmaos
>Bruh actually the Ayyylmaos were just controlled by a planet ghost, they're also going extinct anyway don't hate them
>Bruh actually the whole fucking genocidal planet ghost was just scared of being alone it was just misunderstood, don't hate bruh
>Vohlran? Yeah bro fuck that nasty cunt he's the worst
>>
>>2092380
This applies to Katana edgelord too moron
>Bruh he wasn’t a bad guy he just had no nakama
>>
id rather just not fucking have overlimit than this gay shit where it randomly triggers whenever it wants
>>
>half the enemies in alphens arena have the shields that law has to break
>can't beat alphen's solo arena even though ive been playing as him the whole game
>beat law's first try
shielded enemies are cancer
doesnt help that all alphens best moves do damage to him and he doesn't have a self heal
>>
So I pirated Arise and inserted cream api to the proper folder location. When can I expect to receive the DLC?
>>
>>2092870
As soon as you can walk around in the game. Go to: menu, system, unclaimed DLC.
Just note that by activating whole sets of costumes, you often get free SP as well (4200 in total which is still A FUCKING LOT for me - going into the third realm), and some costumes also give you titles (which means new skills and artes).
It could potentially make the first part of the game easy.
I only activated the BGM pack, because I don't want any literal cheat codes on my first playthrough.
>>
File: 1631559552929.jpg (139 KB, 1491x1227)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
>>
zacarania was so easy wtf
>>
Whats this I hear about Tales of destiny port news on December?
>>
>>2093201
>We've been told Bandai Namco is holding major announcements until all cards have been played during the holidays. Our estimate is:

>Tales of Destiny Director's Cut HD: very likely for a December reveal https://twitter.com/LeakyPandy/status/1433764671606120478
>>
>>2093206
OH SHIT FOR REAL?!!
>>
>>2093206
With Arise's massive success Bamco would be retarded not to introduce more Tales, especially when Destiny DC is one of the best in the series. I'm sure 2D artstyle won't put them off too, i mean a lot of indie games with 2D artstyle tend to be well-liked.
>>
>>2093213
>With Arise's massive success Bamco would be retarded not to introduce more Tales, especially when Destiny DC is one of the best in the series. I'm sure 2D artstyle won't put them off too, i mean a lot of indie games with 2D artstyle tend to be well-liked.
Pretty much this 2022 is looking to have a lot of 2D jrpg ports and to think all of this started because of Sqaure enix lol XD
>>
>>2093225
>think all of this started because of Sqaure enix
I mean companies copying Square enix isn't something new atlus or Falcom wouldn't have released ports of SMT III or the crossbell games if it wasn't for Sqaure enix doing it first.
>>
>>2093225
desu i hope Phantasia X gets ported and translated first instead of Destiny DC
>>
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2021-09-13-wario-ware-takes-no-1-as-seven-new-games-enter-the-top-40-uk-boxed-charts
Game opened at 6k physical sales in UK
>>
>>2093268
>physical
Those still exist? Wow.
>>
File: 1610920095939.webm (2.7 MB, 900x506)
2.7 MB
2.7 MB WEBM
>>2093121
Enemies are only hard if you're like 10-15 levels behind, and it's only because you do zero damage and are barely able to build up gauge for your instakills.
Most of them also still suffer from the usual issues of all Tales of where they have literally nothing that can stop you from chilling in midair and spam projectiles from there, Dohalim in particular can just ignore most of the game, especially when you get his passive that restores AG on crits.
On the other hand there's some extremely bad bosses that not only are trivial by design, but sometimes Scamco forgot to put hurtboxes over their bodies so you end up whacking air, like pic related where its second glowing core only gets a hurtbox when it's in down state.

Though in general the second part of the game is all over the game and very hastily done, which is why there's so many recolours and even the cutscenes often have characters stay completely immobile and only move their mouths, they were evidently running out of time and budget and phoned in, not as hard as Sakuraba phoned in with this garbage ass music but still.
>>
>>2093419
>not as hard as Sakuraba phoned in with this garbage ass music but still.
They fucking gave him an orchestra as well and the fucker still went and phoned it in. They were already tossing so much of the OG staff out the door that I don't know why they didn't get a new composer for Arise.
>>
File: 1615879541804.jpg (1.02 MB, 1920x1080)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB JPG
>>2093428
Yeah, I was already rolling my eyes when I heard the zeugle boss music being just an orchestrated version of Vesperia's boss track, but the music in general is really bad, just Sakuraba aping Kitamura for le ebin Dark Souls of Tales with all those strings and choirs.
Doesn't help that we have literal asylum demons as well.
>>
>>2093206
>We've been told Bandai Namco is holding major announcements until all cards have been played during the holidays. Our estimate is:
>>Tales of Destiny Director's Cut HD: very likely for a December reveal h
interesting So destiny is gonna be the next remaster?
>>
File: 1613927569304.png (280 KB, 592x695)
280 KB
280 KB PNG
>>2093515
Here's hoping for a decent PC port so I can put PCSX2 to rest.
And of course
>mfw Hearts R on PC
>>
File: chainscard.jpg (1.6 MB, 3893x3456)
1.6 MB
1.6 MB JPG
>>2085112
So I finally fought and defeated the first boss Balseph. I was level 10 (hard) and it posed quite the challenge. The second part of the fight where the "astral" monster appears was pretty hectic. There was a part, near the end where Balseph starts to charge a special attack, and the monster barrages you with magic; pretty intense moment to quickly end the match.

Safe to say I am having a blast with Arise, cannot wait to see what else the game has left for me to uncover.

Also, jamming with Seeking Victory, Battle Artist and Sea of Rage in battles brings me so much joy.
>>
>>2093463
>cannot wait to see what else the game has left for me to uncover.
Nothing outside of hi-ougi, you've seen everything the game has to offer, Balseph introduces the big story boss model and that's it, the only thing that changes from Ganabelt onwards is story bosses having hi-ougi, which are pretty much all the same too.
>>
>>2093677
Oh fuck, I almost forgot Legendiabro:
Law has Jay's Ukigumo Fuuga, even though it is nothing like Jay's, sadly.
>>
File: senelbead.jpg (1.61 MB, 2736x3648)
1.61 MB
1.61 MB JPG
>>2093782
That's neat to hear. A shame that it's only alike by name. I was actually excited when I first saw the move Dragon Shot. It had a very similar description to Dragon Blast (favourite arte/eres in Tales) but the actions are incredibly different. I guess that move stays exclusive to Senel for the time being.
>>
File: postcardplayingcards.jpg (1.24 MB, 2448x3264)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB JPG
>>2093750
I assume you were replying to me? And that's fine, I'm having fun rummaging around, fighting the new monsters, collecting ingredients, etc; I'm a simple dude at heart. I try to find fun wherever possible.
>>
SnKchad was right, Alphen got cucked, Naori fucked another man, he coped with it by her descendant that almost looks like her.
>>
Where's the upvote button on this stupid sub?
>>
>>2094117
Go back
>>
>>2094124
downvote
>>
>>2093463
>just Sakuraba aping Kitamura for le ebin Dark Souls of Tales

Anon, you are aware that Sakuraba DID Dark Souls, right?

You're not wrong though, he's samey as shit, just thought I'd point it out
>>
So are there no Dark/Light bottles in Arise? Haven't seen one since I started the game
>>
>>2092646
Go behind them and Boost Strike, dumbo. There are more than one way to down an enemy, you don't the specific counter character.
>>
>>2094128
Sakuraba only composed a couple of boss tracks for DS1, which surprisingly weren't phoned in and also didn't really sound like the usual music from that series, in fact they were arguably more similar to DeS tracks.
In Arise however he is very evidently aping Kitamura's work.
>>
>>2094162
>which surprisingly weren't phoned in
Probably because the director or producer wouldn't let him.

I can't tell if he's a lazy/uninspired fuck or if Bamco breathes down his neck to intentionally sound like the same shit. A lot like how they made deviantart OC Milla.

Speaking of which, I'm positive the characters were designed purely for the box art and elaborate cosplay instead of any sense of logic. I have nearly everyone in DLC costumes because it all looks so awful in the already stiff, lifeless cutscenes.
>>
Man some of you faggots are really finding any reason to hate this game. Does it's success really make you that assblasted?
>>
>>2094181
He's made so much music he's probably been out of ideas for 20 years.
>>
>>2094209
Yes, but it gets me free (You)s because you can't control yourselves from replying either so I see no reason to stop.
>>
>>2094212
just because I like (you)
>>
Next Tales game will either be
>Sakuraba phoning it in
>Sawano phoning it in

Which is the lesser evil?
>>
>>2094217
Sawano. He can write one good song, Sakuraba can't.
>>
File: 1624805586633.png (283 KB, 468x486)
283 KB
283 KB PNG
>>2094209
>Game is mechanically a mess
>Doesn't even play like Tales
>Also still manages to keep all of the usual Tales of problems when it comes to that and adds new ones on top
>HURR DURR UR JUST JEALOUS OF THIS GAME'S SUCCESS
No, I'm just an old fan of the series who's bitter about seeing it turned into some unholy abomination of flipped assets that doesn't even play like an entry in the series.
Rin and Hootle are cute and that's about it, I can't even say it's a bad Tales game because it's hardly a Tales game in the first place, more like Star Ocean 6: The Fire Fades™ with some Tales memes sprinkled all over it
>>
>>2094051
At least Alphen didn’t die a virgin
>>
>>2094228
>mechanically a mess
reasons?
>>
>>2094210
Have you never heard Uematsu or any of the Square composers?

That's hardly an excuse for someone who's made it their lifelong career.
>>
>>2094217
What music has Sawano done?
>>
>>2094233
Uematsu lost his flair after FF10 though. And none of them have made as much music as Sakuraba, not even close.
>>
>>2094231
Not that anon but here's an immediate example >>2093419

Also, lack of dodge cancel. If it's going to copy other action games, it could at least copy more than looks.
>>
>>2094240
The entire Xenoblade X OST.
>>
>>2094247
I'm not too far into the game, but the dodge seems to act fluid enough not to cause that much interruption before or after attacking.
>>
>>2094242
>FF10
That wasn't all his work. There was Masashi Hamauzu as well.

And from FF7R's OST and Fantasian, hardly. How "good" it sounds is subjective, but it's still original in many aspects even with familiar melodies.
>>
>>2094253
In that case Sawano. A Tales game with Kill la Kill battle music would at least be entertaining.
>>
I want the Ace Combat composers with a Daredevil-tier final boss fight theme.
>>
Does anyone know what Japanese reception has been? They can be autistic about familiarity and have an exceptionally low bar for quality in favor of seiyuu and waifu baiting after all.
>>
>>2092577

He doesn't have a high opinion of his own kind either since they would rather let their own people get enslaved before they inevitably are as well as their blind worship of the Renans. Even during the revolt they still wanted proper justice for the Renans rather than doing what he would have done and tortured, raped and slaughtered them all before hollowing them.

Meanwhile the Renans will never actually see him as an equal and thinks compassion is a weakness. What displays of affection Ganabelt and Balseph towards their own is just a means to maintain loyalty so they don't end up getting assimilated in the Crown Contest and become enslaved.

Volhran is a case of someone too far gone to even consider the idea of mercy and that sometimes you can extend your hand of mercy as much you can but they will slap your hand or cut it off.
>>
>>2094330
So he's a more unhinged Barbatos then?
>>
File: 1605520959211.jpg (129 KB, 623x768)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
>>2094231
Literally too many to list but here's some of the most crucial problems:
>Bosses have infinite IS and can't be combo'd or launched like in the previous games, which makes 90% of your options useless.
>Story boss QTEs
>Story boss hi-ougi are like MMO raid bosses AoE, absolutely non threatening
>Lots of artes have bad design, either they're too slow on startup and just don't connect or they have other problems like Majinken Souga's odd homing effect which makes it uselss against anything that isn't a big target because the two projectile circle around human sized targets instead of hitting them, like old gen Armored Core micromissiles
>Lots of artes are useless until at least level 3 because they're just too slow, problem is to get to level 3 you have to use them 1000 times, which is absured, and there's five levels in this game
>Aerial combat is back but it's not worth it for the reasons mentioned above
>Normal attacks are back but are useless because they're too slow and effectively do nothing, you just use them when you don't have AG for artes
>AG regeneration is ungodly slow until the game's over and you got everything unlocked, you only have 9 AG too which is pitiful
>Boost artes are shoved down your throat and are an oppressive Simon Says gimmick that adds nothing of value to the game
>Forced QTEs to kill midboss/boss enemies wit Cross Artes is idiotic
>Cross Artes get old fast and are just a cheap Letal Strike that further trivialize mooks, also more QTEs because why not?
>Alphen and Dohalim cross arte is probably bugged because it launches all enemies on screen on execution
>Hi-Ougi activation resets all actors on screen on neutral state, breaking combos and spell charging
>CP is a dumb mechanic that accomplishes nothing, but kids like Dark Souls this days so why not put Aestus in Tales of? We put bonfires as well?
>Horrible boss design in general
Etc. etc., there's a lot of terrible shit in this game, especially if you come from the older games.
>>
What is the best opening and why is it Yume Wa Owaranai? Both versions are great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbfYHoFLzHA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T50dMsF8guE
>>
>>2094343
>Oldfags
LMAO
>>
>>2094343
I guess those are valid points. I don't know, maybe I'm just not as picky and this is coming from someone who dislikes/hates most games after Xillia. Arise kind of feels like a breath of fresh air, at least after the fiasco that was Berseria. Maybe I'll change my tune the longer I play, so far I'm thoroughly enjoying myself.
>>
>>2094363
I feel somewhat the same.

I've been skipping all non-forced skits because they've all but replaced natural development and actual cutscenes so it's nice not feeling like the cast is full of third graders arguing about girls vs boys. Everything is "inoffensive" at best, thus tolerable. My biggest gripe is how Shionne is just discount Lightning but executed way worse.
>>
>>2094336

Pretty much, Vholran wasnt concerned with the image of being seen as a hero. What does one drop of affection mean in a long history of suffering and cruelty?

Even if there was someone being nice to him during his treatment as a Sovereign lab rat, he would just use them as an outlet of his frustrations, not as a friend and it takes an inhuman capacity of empathy and lack of self esteem to care for him
>>
>>2094314
If you look for it you'll always be able to find opinions validating your retarded views.
>>
>>2094289
Wasn't Keiki Kobayashi with Bandai Namco for a while? Why can't they just hire him for a Tales game, it's not like Ace Combat 8 is gonna be out anytime soon
>>
>>2094387
No anon, you're the retard here. Bonus points for projecting.
>>
>>2094390
>Why can't they just hire him for a Tales game
Sakuraba probably costs less money.
>>
>>2094382
skits are a fun time though. I've been enjoying them so far.

Subquests also add a bit to the cast interactions as well. Some actually got a chuckle out of me.
>>
>>2094398
I'm not the one who can't read a language and yet somehow thinks he's an authority on the opinions of the people who speak a language.
>>
>>2094336
>>2094384
I wouldn't say so because deep down Barbatos genuinely wanted to be a hero, but he was also a rather childish person who let jealousy, pride and his inferiority complexes get the best of him, Barbatos was a narcissist but unless he had reasons to he wouldn't resort to violence.
Vohlran on the other hand is just a psychotic asshole who lucked on superpowers and uses them as a way to satisfy his delusion of grandeur, he never wanted to be a hero like Barbatos and doesn't care about being admired or respected, he just wants to be feared and despises everyone equally.
>>
>>2094402
I'll have to go back and do them then.

I personally always skip them and then go back during NG+ or point of no return final boss. Since I don't think they've had missable quests since Graces perhaps? Never liked getting side tracked or feeling pressured to talk to the right NPC at the right time just for 1 character to admit something vital to their development.
>>
>>2094430
Now that you can track the subquests efficiently you shouldn't feel pressured or side tracked all that much. I've been enjoying them thus far, and the skits too, albeit sometimes too many at once is distracting.
>>
>>2094445
Criticisms of Arise aside, one thing I really do appreciate is the sheer QoL that it has. I hope future games keep it.
>>
>>2094455
I totally agree, they make the gameplay experience less daunting.
>>
>>2094363
>Maybe I'll change my tune the longer I play,
Probably, because that's exactly what happened to me.
I started out pretty enthusiastic, then I got to Balseph and started worrying, by the time I fought Almeidra I was already tired because the problems kept on piling up and were just too bad and too many to ignore.
And I wouldn't say I'm a picky player, I still like most games in the series, even if I really dislike how team symphonia does things I still consider Vesperia one of the better games despite all its problems, I also enjoyed Legendia as much as I'm not blind to all of its issues, so I can't really say I'm not open minded.
However, I can't say Arise is good, not after all the hype it got as a return to form and a proper successor to Graces F's formula after the Zestiria+Berseria trainwreck, it moved even further away from the Tales of identity than those games did, it's mediocre at best, better than Zestiria or Tempest, more or less on the same level of Berseria, that means not unplayable but with too many issues.

Anyway I'm just reaching the end of my Hard playthrough right now and will do a Chaos playthrough after this and see just how much I can squeeze off this game, I'll also stop ignoring Kisara and Law and at least try to learn the basics with them, I'll hold the final judgment until I'm done with Chaos and I'm comfortable enough with this game's mechanics and characters, still, I don't think I'll change my mind.
>>
File: Tales_Of_Arise_UnGeek_16.jpg (2.33 MB, 4032x3024)
2.33 MB
2.33 MB JPG
Is there any decent scan of the artbook yet?
>>
>>2094502
>better than Zestiria or Tempest
>Tempest
That's a ground level low bar to clear.
>>
>>2094565
Bamco may pretend Tempest doesn't exist, but I don't, as I will never forgive how they pussied out on the Triverse gate trilogy at the last moment.
Never forgive, never forget.
>>
>>2094382
Did you mean to say ""inoffensive" at worst"? OR am I just stupid?
>>
>>2094582
No, at best. Thus far, all my gripes haven't been deal breakers. I can keep playing and actually want to get from point A to point B because the absolute mediocrity isn't enough to make the game "bad" to me. But very little besides QoL is especially good.
>>
>>2094697
I see. In that case, what would you say the game is at worst?
>>
File: Gaius cat.png (45 KB, 225x225)
45 KB
45 KB PNG
>>2094710
This is something built from 10+ years of playing these games. Personal problems mainly.

You recognize sounds, animations and re-used assets (down to the music no less) that grate on you over time. Well, I should say "myself" but I know others feel the same. This, to me, makes it feel cheaper than what the promos and production value try to tell you.

It's how stale the content is that actually gets on my nerves. Which is why I said I feel somewhat the same. Because while I've played older titles, they aren't 100% a detriment to how much I actually enjoy it.

For example, the cat sound effect used in Xillia 2 when you collect cats is the same one they use in towns. And there's a cutscene in which this cat does not stop meowing every 4 seconds where you're watching someone give very important information. But the cat sfx is going off nonstop. Especially in towns when it's just so recognizable and loops.

The biggest problem for me overall, are the animations. Shionne and Rimwell A pose as an idle stance, Kisara's walk animation is "sexy_lady_walk_01" and the running animation they used in PS3 titles is present all over NPCs. It's so terribly distracting to which I actually welcome skit style cutscenes because at least I don't need to see weight shift #95 or Shionne crossing her arms in that same robotic animation since 2011.
>>
File: 1589933925239.jpg (6 KB, 150x251)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>2094772
I know how you feel, I don't really mind recycled assets myself though, I mean we've lived with decades of reused Symphonia and Abyss assets, I think most of us are used to that and it's not so bad to have iconic monsters around, as much as some games get pretty bad with the recycling.
Now what actually gets on my nerves is reusing so many assets from OTHER games like this game does, when you reuse so many Code Vein and even Dark Souls assets, and do it with such fucking audacity it really pisses me off, especially when on top of this you don't really try with the rest of the games, how many weapon recolours and pallette swapped monsters do we have in this game?
And this was supposed to be a "big effort" game when it comes to Tales, it's pretty irritating because it makes it look like they're taking the piss and fucking with players as if nobody would notice.
Another distressing thing is how town NPCs are STILL all stationary, I can close an eye when it comes to the povery budget games like Innocence or Hearts R, but in this game it's really fucking bad.
>>
File: file.png (1.11 MB, 917x774)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB PNG
>>2094820
Yes, exactly! This is why I'd also like to know Japanese player opinions. Because they express discontent in a different way. Because as long as Japan is happy, Bamco does not give a shit about what the west thinks. They never have, granted.

Japanese players generally love consuming the same media (see Dragon Quest) with little change. But there are totally ways to do this without copy+pasting every little thing. I am not wholly disliking Arise. I actually want to keep playing it. But I can't remain blind to its heavy flaws when I've been over exposed this long.

As for re-using monster designs, it wouldn't be so bad if they did it the Final Fantasy way- for better or for worse. Chocobo and moogles are a great example of good, bad and ugly. Same animal, same purpose but masterfully repurposed.
>>
>>2094989
Anything you see in English reviews is also in Japanese reviews. Japan isn't a person.
>>
>>2095083
You can't possibly think NA and JP reviews have the same viewpoint at all times. That'd be exceedingly naïve.
>>
>>2095109
What exactly are you looking for? Were you to gain the ability to read Japanese, would you read every steam review and tally up a consensus of opinions? Or are you looking specifically to see if they're saying one thing?
I can tell you the consensus opinion regardless of language: The game is great, fuck the DLC. That's universal. That's the message Namco is going to get.
>>
>>2095109
Learn Japanese, or at least learn to use MTL on Japanese forums
>>
>>2095109
Don't expect anything drastic. The consensus is pretty universal.
>>
>>2095126
I want to know what they think of gameplay, first and foremost. Are they comparing it to others? Second would be if anyone's mentioned re-occurring assets like Vesperia's battle theme being orchestrated. This isn't like the LoZ theme or Final Fantasy prelude. It's just so out of place without any usage of being a callback.

Third, and this is mainly because I don't know moon, is voice actor performance. I had the game subbed by by the second lord, I could not handle how badly acted some of the delivery came across. It sounded like a 4kids worthy line read. I switched to the dub, and Ray Chase was honestly too good for this game.
>>
Does Fitgirl's release for Arise require a controller fix?
>>
File: halp.png (69 KB, 667x909)
69 KB
69 KB PNG
>>2095255
Yes.

It's in the repack. Also if you're using a PS4 controller, use DS4 windows to mask it as a 360.
>>
>>2095157
>I had the game subbed by by the second lord, I could not handle how badly acted some of the delivery came across. It sounded like a 4kids worthy line read
Which characters are you saying were badly voiced?
>>
>>2095157
I only see one review on steam mentioning voice acting and it's a guy praising it and saying Shimoji Shino (Shionne) has improved since doing Homura for Xenoblade 2, and hearing Yuru Camp's Chiaki as Rinwell made him happy.
>>
>>2095279
>Shionne
I had no complaints about her. In fact I liked how she wasn't a "princess" type. Somehow Law especially annoys me in both languages.
>>
So is it me or is the audio quality really inconsistent in Arise?
Like some sound like they were recorded in a studio, while others(namely Rinwell) sounds like they were recorded in a bathroom.
And I'm speaking namely for audio quality, not voice acting quality.
>>
>>2095270
Good. That fixed the controller issue, but it changed my UI language. Which file config is that located?
>>
>>2095359
Nevermind. Fixed it. Just gotta rummage through steamworks folder.
>>
>>2085542
Gameplay is good but could use some fixing. Specifically animation locks preventing you from dodging when you need to.

Story is boring, but I'm not all that far into the game so maybe it gets better.

Characters are ok. No one really stands out to me as my favorite. Maybe if Rinwell was more racist she'd be more interesting. But everyone is pretty generic, but at least none of them are really unlikable.
>>
>>2095350
Maybe covid development? I know some actors have had to record their lines outside of their studios for other games.
>>
>>2095391
>Maybe if Rinwell was more racist she'd be more interesting
They should have made her full Wakka. Make some Renan fireworks ya?
>>
>>2094343
what's your favorite tales and don't say vesperia
>>
>>2095454
That's what made Wakka likable to begin with.
>>
>>2095701
Abyss-fag here. They're speaking what a lot of anons seem to think based on thread complaints.
>>
>>2094209
People just like to nitpick everything then exaggerate it like bitter, jaded faggots they are.
>>
File: 1630933790919.jpg (246 KB, 800x798)
246 KB
246 KB JPG
>Last boss' hi-ougi is Black Hole
>You can perfect dodge every single hit just by mashing dodge like a retard
This game is a riot, and to think people call it hard
>>2095701
Hearts R.
>>
File: file.png (148 KB, 320x466)
148 KB
148 KB PNG
>>2095879
The real friendship were the action games we copied along the way
>>
>>2088881
Yeah. The only ones who get any real development in Berseria are Velvet, Phi, and Eleanor. Magilou is fun so she's passable. Rokurou and Eizen on the other hand are completely static. Both of them are cool big brother guys so it's redundant to have both. Should have just stuck with Eizen and maybe at the very least it could have developed the whole thing with Aifread more instead of giving focus to some sibling rivalry that has no bearing on the story whatsoever.
>>
>>2094343
still better than berseria
>>
>>2093206
Imagine spending years fan-translating Destiny only for Namco to do it a few months later.
>>
Does anyone know if buff duration goes up with arte usage? Barrier lasts like 5 fucking seconds even at 3 stars.
>>
>>2094343
>CP is a dumb mechanic that accomplishes nothing,
It makes it so you can't just heal infinitely. Otherwise you could just set your healers to heal only and never ever die.
>>
File: 1619041876942.jpg (2.66 MB, 1471x2709)
2.66 MB
2.66 MB JPG
>>2096168
Shit was broken as fuck back in Graces, everything was a cakewalk thanks to Cheria spamming healing circle like it's nothing.
>>
>>2096117
Nah, not really, gameplay wise it's only better on paper until you actually play it and realize it's just Berseria but with more shit that doesn't work, the camera is also just as terrible as Zestiria somehow when Berseria mostly fixed that.
It does look better though and the cast is not as bad, I'll give you that, for everything else we're on the same level of mediocrity.
>>2096168
Except you can because Items are still there and healing doesn't matter in a game where you can just perfect evade everything effortlessly, which is why on the other hand they made bosses hit harder than the previous games on top of a lot of boss battles having mooks all over and constant AoE spam, because it's so easy to avoid any damage they have to make it count when they actually hit you.
Not to mention, even if you want to ignore the literal bonfires sprinkled through the maps, with some maps having two of those, you can buy tons of Orange/Pinapple gummies with all the money you'll never use and never have any CP problem whatsoever.

And of course, the worst thing is you can also just "buy" the DLC which conveniently removes item limits, gives you a shitload of money and also boosts your initial CP pool, CP mechanics achieve nothing else than pushing people to buy the most jewish tales of DLC yet, it's a joke mechanic.
>>
>>2096189
Items aren't infinite either numbnuts, and Orange Gels are expensie.
>>
>>2096157
>Imagine spending years fan-translating
I get it's no easy feat to translate an entire game but other fandoms have done so in much less time. Unless it was 1-3 people doing it, I don't know why or how they couldn't get more people to help.
>>
>>2096189
>healing doesn't matter in a game where you can just perfect evade everything effortlessly,
Well then what the fuck do you care about CP anyway?
>>
>>2096192
>Items aren't infinite either numbnuts
Bro, Orange gummies restore 30% of your CP while Pinapple restore 60%, and since they're the only thing worth buying you can drown in that shit, 15 of those cover all your needs and are trivially cheap.
>>2096196
Me? I'm not the one pretending CP is anything but a scam mechanic to push shortsighted tryhards to buy the DLC, as I said, it doesn't do anything.
>>
>>2096189
>pushing people to buy the most jewish tales of DLC yet
Is Bamco taking lessons from EA or is Tekken doing very poorly?
>>
>>2096157
The current group did it in a few months didn't they?
>>
>>2096201
Don't know, but Tales of DLC has never been this fucking jewish, we already knew about levels and money packs on top of costumes, but now they're locking Artes and entire sets of passive behind paywalls on top of making mechanics that are evidently meant to push you to buy that shit, it's not looking good and this game has set a very grim precedent.
>>
Anyone else get terrible performance in Elda Menencia? I'm on a potato but still, much worse compared to every other area by far. At most I'd get drops into the mid 40's in other areas but I'm getting drops in the 20's here.
>>
>>2096231
It's probably the excessive foliage.
>>
>>2096234
I just figured it out, it's because I did the engine.ini tweak. I changed the foilage density back to default and now it's okay.
>>
>>2096200
>I'm not the one pretending CP is anything but a scam mechanic to push shortsighted tryhards to buy the DLC, as I said, it doesn't do anything.
I asked why you care, and that's not an answer.
>>
>>2096248
Why wouldn't I care about scam mechanic designed to rip off people?
Did you buy Scamco stocks or something that you have to defend this shit?
>>
>>2096226
Must be because of the new devs. They had made Code Vein, which notably locked away several Blood Codes, analogous to titles in Tales, as DLC. Some of them gave you really powerful skills too, like a giant laser beam that hit in a complete 360 arc around you. Granted, you were never punished for not having them, the most powerful ability is in the main game and is far better than anything the DLC offers, and the first DLC-exclusive blood code was just there for memes, but if these guys are in charge for future titles too, I'm going to expect even more jewish tactics down the line.
>>
>>2096253
Because it's not your money? Or I guess it is.
Sounds like you got ripped off. Sucks for you.
>>
File: 1629466054506.jpg (114 KB, 924x659)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
>>2096259
>Sounds like you got ripped off
It's cute how you assume I spent a dime on this game, keep sucking Scamco's cock I guess, I'll keep sailing the seven seas and point out this shit.
>>
>>2096264
Nobody who didn't get scammed would be this upset.
>>
>>2096265
>not having a moral code or forseeing how this worsens future titles
Enjoy your Tales of Live Service game.
>>
>>2096266
Yes, companies want to make money very sad boohoo.
>>
File: lmao.png (5 KB, 131x158)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
>>2096265
I assure you, I didn't spend any money on this game, outside of my internet costs that is.
You however are definitely defending Scamco and this garbage game for free.
>>
>>2096272
There's nothing wrong with a resource system that prevents you from just healing infinitely throughout a fight.
>but it didnt matter for me because I played on Story Mode!
That's nice, but it's still necessary for most people.
>>
>>2094343
If it's true Arise's combat is done by the guy who did Grace's, it explains everything. The guy hates long combos.
>>
>>2096278
I played on Hard Mode all the way though, and CP does nothing even without the DLC, it's literally only there to scare tryhard yesmen like you into buying the DLC.
It's amazing how much you're trying to desperately cope, you're still in the wrong anonymous, and are defending scrupleless scumbags who can't even make good games.
>>
>>2096168
>It makes it so you can't just heal infinitely.
So same thing TP/SP accomplished in older games except now it's party wide which is a bad fucking idea and also buffs take CP and dungeon puzzles too which is just fucking retarded.
>>
>>2096286
I thought you didn't need to buy the DLC because you're a god who never gets hit ever? What happened to that.
>>
>>2096287
Yes, it's TP if TP only applied to healing and buffs. Did you hate TP too? It doesn't sound like you do, which makes your grievances towards it bizarre.
>>
>>2096291
>Still coping
>Didn't even look at the DLC list to see how obviously busted some of the packets are
It's always the most miserable people trying to pass off as the most virtuous.
It's no wonder the series is in such a dire state when the "fans" are like this.
>>
>>2096302
I don't really care that a company tried to sell something anon.
>>
>>2096299
>Did you hate TP too?
No because it was handled better and restored with regular hits (even if it was just 1 hit = 1 sp/tp) so there was a means of replenishing it without items or resting. You also didn't need to solve dungeon puzzles with it.
>>
>>2096303
You care enough to defend the most deplorable shit in this industry though, without even being part of it.
Literal slave mentality, very fitting for this game too.
>>
>>2096307
That just made TP a practically infinite resource too outside of the first hour of the game.
>>
>>2096310
I didn't defend it. I said i don't care.
>>
>>2096299
Older games had other means of avoiding damage than one really shitty dodge which meant your party took less damage.
You can restore TP with regular attacks.
Everyone had their own individual TP bar leaving healers to heal and fighters with stuff like Steel to use their own TP to buff themselves.
>>
>>2096268
So explain why Steam has so many more successful buyers off their platform than Epic or Origin.

It's almost like when you're good to your customers they want to give you money, or something.
>>
>>2096312
You literally did defend it, and "not caring" is also implicitly supporting it.
Again, slave and cuck mentality.
>>
File: 1631385149685.jpg (34 KB, 750x412)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>2096312
You care enough to keep replying it seems.
>>
>>2096320
I care that you're such a fucking faggot, not that Namco sold something.
>>
>>2096317
Explain why I should give a shit.

>>2096319
Abloobloo
>>
>>2096328
>>2096329
Showing your true colours eh?
I do wonder what compels literal beggars to defend scrupleless corporations this hard.
>>
>>2096330
I didn't do anything.
>>
File: stu2.png (411 KB, 640x480)
411 KB
411 KB PNG
can you niggers go shit up a different thread with your autistic bickering?
>>
>>2096337
Tales fans are autistic in general, it's just inevitable
>>
>>2096354
What fanbase isnt autistic desu.
>>
>>2096357
>What anime fanbase isnt autistic desu
ftfy
>>
Alphen and Shionne's romance is fine but the way they've paired everyone up so the bulk of the interactions are like Dohalim+Kisara, and Law+Rinwell just hurts the game imo and makes the party feel like less of a party. It feels awkward
>>
>>2096366
Not even anime, so many video game fanbases in general are autistic as fuck.
>>
>>2096369
Yeah, it's really forced.
I thought Hearts' main romance was fucking terrible but Rin and Law's is something else entirely, and Kisara being reduced to a caricature of the typical old japanese wife who washes, cooks and manages the money makes it really hard to get behind her "romance" with Dohalim, who has the emotional capacity of a doorknob.
>>
>>2096369
I was sort of worried for that ever since they sort of paired them off.

It's a shame, really. I do enjoy a lot of the party interactions with each other outside the three pairs and honestly wouldn't have minded it if the romance was just Alphen/Shionne.

Skits and subquests do help a bit in my time with the game so far. But that stiil just sucks to hear.

Right now I am at the 4th zone. I hope my current views change for the better.
>>
File: 1631370036494.gif (1.89 MB, 462x427)
1.89 MB
1.89 MB GIF
>>2096381
>t Rin and Law's is something else entirely
>mfw Rin has to tell the audience they totally have a thing
>watching the game pair everyone off by age group and archetype
Man and I thought Abyss was hamfisted.
>>
>>2096405
Kisara/Shionne and Alphen/Law have some really enjoyable interactions that I wish were sort of expanded on more than what they were.

Camp convos are a nice bone to chew on, but its really sad that the devs felt the need to pair everyone off like this. To me it kinda sends the message that they weren't fully confident that Alphen/Shionne would be good, or they didn't believe that the game didn't have enough romance and felt the need to just pair everyone off.

I honestly though the devs would learn from Zestiria and try to avoid this crap. One step forward, one step back.
>>
>>2096369
Apparently Arise had a team swap during development. That team sort of went ham on the romance angle.
>>
>>2096283
But you can do long combos in Graces as long as you constantly tag weaknesses against most enemies in the game. Xillia is the one in that era that was filled with tech out abusing enemies.
>>
>>2096419
>Camp convos are a nice bone to chew on, but its really sad that the devs felt the need to pair everyone off like this.
This is what I dislike the most. Because all of this could have been done with more on field chatter like almost every game in the past 5 years. The time you waste sitting watching slideshows could just be a conversation that plays when you move around.

But the field is so packed with the same 5 enemies since the start of the game and spaced out like they want you to grind that you can't even have that. Hell, even let them trigger when you reach fishing spots. Then you can fish or at least pick up an item while listening.

I actually just got to the part where they copy Nier Automata's red girl followed by the second opening and I am not liking the direction this is potentially going in. It feels a lot like Graces f. Which at least had the courtesy of not shoving it down your throat for the initial game and saved the romance for the post story.
>>
>>2096431
Tech out is necessary, as much as Xillia did tech out horribly, just like Vesperia.
I still do not know why the R games are the only games that did tech out correctly and they still refuse to elaborate on that, let alone fucking implement it.
Arise would be easily 3 times better if bosses had the tech out mechanics from the R games instead of this garbage ass infinite IS.
>>
>>2096432
Although i understand your sentiment regarding field chatter, I do enjoy the camp convos. It's a really nice comfy experience.

I honestly feel the devs tried to segment story and character development in order to avoid pacing problems and make a tighter narrative. Personally, I ultimately didn't like that direction.
>>
>>2096437
I'd prefer the bosses would act more like X2 or Destiny remake desu where you can only break them if you hit their weaknesses.
>>
>>2096449
This game already frontloads weakness too much and as much as infinite IS is garbage, so is infinite juggling and staggering.
The R games had the right approach to this by giving bosses tech out counters you'd have to learn and adapt to to keep your combo going, and they also had a general tech out timer that will end your combos at some point so you couldn't just win the moment you get a single stagger and lock enemiens into infinite loops, which is a major issue in Destiny DC's system where everyone and their mother gets infinite loops.
>>
>>2096455
>IS
What this mean? Please educate an uneducated anon.
>>
>>2096458
Iron Stance, the state in which actors cannot be staggered and just shrug off things without flinching.
Iron Stance is something that only really existed in Team Destiny games tough, Team Symphonia games always had next to no IS since their combo model is entirely different from Team Destiny games, so heavy use of IS is theoretically redundant there meanwhile it's a vital mechanic for the faster and more freeform Team Destiny games.
>>
>>2096405
>watching the game pair everyone off by age group and archetype
If they had to pair off everyone it would have been more interesting if they had chosen more unexpected combinations. Like Kisara/Law or Dohalim/Rinwell would have been interesting, but maybe devs are more hesitant about age/maturity gaps than they used to be.
>>
>>2096444
>Personally, I ultimately didn't like that direction.
As someone skipping skits, a lot of development is lost to said skits and sidequests. I can feel it. But the fact that it can't be seen in the main story in itself is proof the pacing needed a lot more work. No game, not even a 30 hour JRPG, should lock fleshing characters out exclusively behind a time waster.

Not to say skits or sidequests are bad. I loved them so much in Vesperia and thought they were a highlight of the game. Like getting closure for the party and all the wild and funny things that happened. But the way they were done since Zesteria has been awful.
>>
File: 1630987698143.png (788 KB, 1104x1024)
788 KB
788 KB PNG
>>2096470
>Kisara/Law
That would be god tier. Now I'm mad. Fuck you.
>>
>>2096470
>>2096475
does anyone have a screencap of their in-battle dialogue? it goes something like
>law: you think i'm captivating?!
>kisara: i mean your battle form, silly
>>
>>2096470
>Older woman x younger man
>Older man x barely legal girl
Lmao no fucking way this would have happened, and /v/ would have lost his shit if Rin actually di go for Dohalim's stiff, long brown renan rod.
>>
>>2096484
There's also another post-battle convo where Rinwell catches Law checking on Kisara's ass
>>
>>2096488
At least the latter used to be more commonplace. The fact that both are rare these days would have helped make them potentially more interesting than what we got.
>>
>>2096489
Really? Sounds hilarious, I've never gotten it.
>>
>>2096490
Did it really?
Chelsea's romance with Woodrow ended up nowhere, if not badly.
You might argue Annie developed some feelings for Eugene but that's really mostly headcanon.
Anise exists for faceless old men with plenty of money.
Rita and Raven is a common ship that has no basis in the actual game.
Elize just doesn't have any romance.
And I don't really remember any other teen having a crush for the older men, or a potential ship, some people say Meredy and Keele are like that but they're mostly the same age.
It really isn't that common when you look at it
>>
>>2096514
>It really isn't that common when you look at it
I meant in general, not just Tales. There were a lot of manga with couples like that but it isn't as common in the past decade.
>>
>>2096514
>some people say Meredy and Keele are like that but they're mostly the same age
Although Meredy is chronologically 16, she's supposed to be frozen at a younger developmental age according to word of god, so it sort of counts. I was kind of surprised to see her be given a love interest at all the first time I played it.
>>
File: FRS.png (283 KB, 811x559)
283 KB
283 KB PNG
>>2096488
>>2096490
Well, there's of course Jade and Anise. Not everyone needs to be paired off. It may sell merch and get nips to blog post but really, pairing everyone off feels like a bad Hollywood move overall. Just let the main pair get married so people can act like it's the best romance in vidya history while not dragging down the rest of the cast.
>>
>>2096488
The age gap is too much for a AAA game like this even for Japan standards. She's 14 and he's 28, unless you're drawing a doujin that's not going to fly even in Japan. Kisara and Law would've probably been more realistically achievable.
>>
>>2096373
Even the Staciest of hobbies is not without its share of autistic spergs. Makeup whores are just meticulate and pedantic as the average vidya neckbear.
>>
I'm playing Tales of the Abyss for the first time on hard mode and I just got to the Choral Castle boss. Are all the bosses this fucking bullshit on hard? I'm literally doing 1 damage with Luke. Should I just switch to normal or am I doing something wrong?
>>
>>2096419
>>2096381
My expectations in general are simpler now. I'm just happy there were no queers or obtrusive POC. If this game were made by modern America, we would see Shionne run away with Kisara while screaming that Alphen is a chauvinist pig or something.
I'm just happy I got a somewhat complex/nuanced story about fighting for justice that ended in an Iyashikei ending with traditionalist undertones. I can look past areas of poor writing, which could have used further refinement. In this era, I don't really care anymore when Americans and much of the West consider good writing to be about shoehorning gays, trans, and diversity.
>>
File: heck.png (254 KB, 449x492)
254 KB
254 KB PNG
>300 years of slavery
>shallow race tension
>Dohalim apologizing at every slip up
Did Bamco have someone develop a plot based on black twitter? This shit is a riot.
>>
Why are so many Tales games about two different races of people?
>>
more than anything else the world/area design is what annoys me
one step away from ffxiii hallway layout
i remember one of you faggots was saying "THEY'RE BRINGING BACK PUZZLE DUNGEONS THE LEVEL DESIGN WILL BE GOOD AGAIN!!!!" pre-release
maybe this will teach you not to get so hyped in the future lmfao
>>
>>2096593
It's only your own mind that makes the connections.
I really don't see any of the parallels between Dahnans and Renans versus modern America's culture war.
>>
>>2096591
>we would see Shionne run away with Kisara
>a bad thing
Wouldn't be the first yuri in Tales and not just talking about Yuri.
>>
>>2096589
melee characters only do 1 damage on higher difficulties and are completely carried by the casters, just switch to normal
https://youtu.be/4TDbgYHWq_0?t=72
>>
>>2096599
Get farther, and you'll see you're wrong.
>>
>>2096605
Damn, that's fucked. I had a similar problem with Symphonia on hard but it wasn't nearly as bad and I managed to pull through. Guess I'll just play on normal and try not to grind too much.
>>
>>2096589
i usually avoid grinding in games but i think that boss is one of the few times i give up on that
you might have missed a new weapon for luke somewhere though
>>
>>2096604
I don't like gay stuff.
>>
>>2096602
Can't help but to make a connection when you have more than bare minimum education anon.

It's really the 300 years. I know they wanted a big, scary number but the fact that no one writing made the connection is really ignorant or really (hilariously) coincidental. And I say ignorant in a "Japanese person who knows little to nothing about other cultures" kind of way. Which is just the norm.
>>
File: dick tickle.webm (2.65 MB, 800x450)
2.65 MB
2.65 MB WEBM
>>2096613
>plays Tales of games
>>
>>2096615
Stop corrupting everything you touch.
Not everything is about the petty culture war of the USA. It's reaching the point where USA, or most countries in its cultural sphere, literally can't create a piece of artwork without corrupting it with this modern gay intersectionality bullshit.
I don't see any of that crap in Tales of Arise.
I've played a lot of JRPGs, but I actually haven't played many Tales games besides Symphonia, which I did beat. I found Symphonia forgettable.
>>
>>2096621
A little bit of humor is fine. It's not like modern films, games, *or* fiction from USA with their obsession with intersectionality bullshit. I'm glad this game wasn't tainted by that crap. A lot of American localizers, however, have a serious agenda and do sometimes alter the story directly.
>>
>no battle subtitles in Vesperia Definitive Edition
very gay
>>
>>2096514
>Elize just doesn't have any romance.
She had a crush on Jude. She got over it, but it's still something.
>>
File: Arise Ending.jpg (853 KB, 1080x1368)
853 KB
853 KB JPG
I loved that Arise finally gave us a happy ending for once after the Xillia, Zestiria and Berseria games kept screwing over the cast one way or another.
>>
Is there a video showing off every single Demon Fang from every character in the series?
>>
>>2096621
Yeah you posted the one Tales game that has actual faggot shit in it and is considered one of the if not the worst Tales titles to exist. So not sure what you're trying to prove.
>>
I get that Beast and Raging Blast serve the same purpose as far as artes go but I always thought it would be cool if there was a combination arte of the two.
>>
File: oniichan ending.png (950 KB, 1280x720)
950 KB
950 KB PNG
>>2096698
Ever since Xillia 2 I wish they gave us the option of choosing for ourselves. There's the canon "true" ending, but then there's of course neutral and outright bad.

I would always like to be given the option of bad just to see something different and have a reason to replay.

Tales games aren't as long as they used to be which makes NG+ a lot more tolerable. But I played Xillia 2 happily more than 3 times just because of how much I enjoyed the overall experience and seeing where the different choices would take me.

In this case, ignoring characters at campfires or adding more to them to influence different outcomes (or never resting at all) could have been something unique. Or hell, even who you talk to the most acting like the original relationship system. Lack of player agency feels like something better suited for non-RPGs. Games have come a very long way, there's room for it.
>>
>>2096712
>Raging Beast isn't the combination of the two
Fuck you Roido
>>
>>2096704
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFI4ugksbVk
>>
>>2096718
based, thanks
>>
>>2096717
Does Bisley's version count?
>>
>>2096714
>Ever since Xillia 2 I wish they gave us the option of choosing for ourselves.
Oh fuck that shit. Xillia 2 never gave us the option to choose for ourselves. It was only the illusion of choice and the game was always railroading the player into choosing the True Ending because anything else would be completely out of character for Ludger. Not to mention that choice systems in general make for poor storytelling mechanics as often lack any sort of real impact.
>>
>Boss fights against monsters are pretty fun
>Human boss fights are some of the most cancer shit in the entire series

Did they even spend a second playtesting this? The infinite IS making aerial arts entirely worthless is bad enough but then the DPS race MA spam shit is just fucking retarded
>>
File: Xillia 2 choices.jpg (78 KB, 825x464)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>2096723
I don't disagree. In fact most of the options didn't matter besides the timed ones specifically to put you on another story track. But, the fact of the matter is, more than 1 ending was fully animated and available. That's what mattered in the end.
>>
>>2096731
>Human boss fights are some of the most cancer shit in the entire series
I actually wish I could set the FPS to 30 because combined with the targeting and horrible camera I'm getting extremely motion sick.

The one thing 30 fps is good for.
>>
https://www.gematsu.com/2021/09/tales-of-arise-shipments-and-digital-sales-top-one-million

For better or worse, Bamco will Arise as template for future Tales games.
>>
>>2096807
>will Arise
will use Arise
>>
File: 1623714653258.jpg (603 KB, 1200x1091)
603 KB
603 KB JPG
>>2096807
The core gameplay itself is fine, just needs some polishing just like Xillia which got fixed in Xillia 2. I'm gonna miss the 2D elements though. Also now i want that Alishafag artist to draw Alphen punching Sorey.
>>
>>2096731
I feel like stagger must have been enabled on bosses at one point in development, but removed in the last few months. The way the combat is designed just completely conflicts with how the bosses are designed. It's baffling. Good thing the game is easy as shit so you can get through them quickly haha. Mods will fix it r-right? There's already a stagger mod for random encounters.

>>2096746
I'm using rivatuner to limit the framerate to 30. More because my computer sucks though. You could also use
>>
You could also use the universal unreal engine 4 unlocker.*
There's a command for locking the framerate in the console.
>>
>random optional monster bosses on the side of the road are 10x more enjoyable than the big climactic end of chapter bosses
lol
>>
File: Alphen Punch.gif (3.96 MB, 600x338)
3.96 MB
3.96 MB GIF
>>2096833
>Also now i want that Alishafag artist to draw Alphen punching Sorey.
Better yet, have someone make a Sorey mod and switch it with Dedyme.
>>
>>2096843
Even though he wouldn't stop fucking spinning, water man who's name I genuinely forgot already was the most fun I had in this game. Which is why I'm debating dropping it now or just taking a break.

I'm so bored of the same wolves since the game started. And 0 variation in literally any other enemy outside of element. The area before his fight is so beautiful and it's ruined by the mobs themselves.
>>
>>2096870
I just got to that part and it legit put a smile on my face. Alphen is fast being one of my favorite protagonists.
>>
File: grouposters.jpg (1.61 MB, 4608x2511)
1.61 MB
1.61 MB JPG
>>2096833
As much as I prefer the old LMBS system (pre-xillia) over the new games, Arise has been a bundle of fun so far. If they choose to keep the current system from here on out, I can only imagine they will improve (hopefully) with each new iteration. I do wish they would release the mobile titles (remove gacha), polish them a little more and actually release them on consoles/PC so that we can have the best of both worlds.

It'll be nice if that (confirmed?) rumour of Tales of Destiny DC HD to spark more interest in 2D titles now.
>>
I think X2 got combos and especially weaknesses down perfectly.

In Arise so far I just follow the same routine which consists of launching enemies in the air and comboing them up their so I don't get interrupted by the 5 other enemies that inexplicably ignore my team and go for me.

I liked that in X2 every enemy had different weaknesses so you had to know your artes and their properties and weave a combo specifically tailored to those enemies. Sometimes you can get away with just proc-ing a power combo and doing whatever you like, but you risk hitting a resistance and ending that instantly. It had more variety to it.
Not to mention there are SO many more linked arte varieties than boost strikes.
>>
I just want to say I love how NOT RETARDED the equipment system is. Weapon upgrading is a bit of an effort but it makes sense and you're usually up to your tits in mats so it works. Even accessory upgrades just have a nice straight logic. I hated having 30 million similar items that I could min max to get 2 percent here and there against completely situational enemies.
>>
>>2096905
>I think X2 got combos and especially weaknesses down perfectly.
I would have loved weapon switching to embrace going full DMC. Especially the way Vesperia handled skills.

It could have been very fleshed out and I found swapping from gun to sword to hammer for a combo string very satisfying. I sadly, haven't had any fun the way I did with X2 since playing it for the first time. Arise isn't irredeemable, but it's so lacking in what could have beens that my opinion on it cannot arise above 5/10.
>>
File: hmclock.jpg (3.12 MB, 4608x3456)
3.12 MB
3.12 MB JPG
>>2096911
One of my favourite parts of Arise after how obnoxious Zestiria and Berseria was to upgrading/crafting equipment. It doesn't work in every situation, but sometimes simplicity goes a long way.
>>
>>2096920
Based Tales enjoyer.

Now all that's left is for Go Shiina to compose another OST or for the love of god not this over-orchestrated, mind numbing droning.

I got headaches from it all, and would love being able to just mute the dungeon music and only have the OST play during cutscenes. I would never turn it off if it had a Legendia level soundtrack.
>>
File: newsoundtrack.jpg (1.15 MB, 4608x3456)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB JPG
>>2096923
I'm surprised they never asked Go Shiina to partner up on a couple of tracks for Arise. It did a world of wonders for Zestiria. At the very least, I'm thankful enough for the Legendia tracks in battle.
>>
>>2096920
>One of my favourite parts of Arise after how obnoxious Zestiria and Berseria was to upgrading/crafting equipment. It doesn't work in every situation, but sometimes simplicity goes a long way.
I agree on that. It was refreshing to not have to micro-manage and upgrade/dismantle equipment for an hour whenever I find a shop.
>>
So, gettin back Shionne and fight Geralt is the final dungeon?
>>
>>2096885
I think the reason why I like Alphen so much is that he's basically like the secret love child of Yuri and Flynn. He's a classic white knight in shining armor and an utter dork but also has Yuri's general "do what must be done but not too extreme" method of doing things and will strike back when struck, but is never really self-righteous about it either unlike Yuri. I also like that he learns that simply taking down the Renan Lords will not solve anything in the long run as there needs to be some level of diplomacy and cultural reforms for there to be true peace between Dahnans and Renans.
>>
>>2096974
It's cute how naive you are.
>>
>>2097045
He's basically Stahn 2.0
>>
>>2097045
>but is never really self-righteous about it
I disagree. Every step he took was asking nonstop about how he can save everyone and saying every single hero trope thing about liberating people. Only until he got his memory back did he reflect on how he sounded.

>>2097050
I'm at that same point ant I am so close to dropping this game.

Is it going to pull a Symphonia or just backtracking?
>>
>>2097053
>>2097045
Being unable to feel pain, at the same time Alphen was pretty insensitive to everyone's feelings. He just kept saying the typical hero routine stuff without much thought or depth put into his words. When he got his memory and pain back, he finally understood nothing is ever that easy.
Not that it amounted to much in the end, the game treated it like a hiccup then he was back to his old self.
>>
>use shionne's boost attack right as kisara decides to use a mystic arte
>shionne's ai completely breaks and she stands around doing nothing for the rest of the fight
lmao
>>
>>2097053
>I disagree.
You can disagree but your listed example aren't even proper examples of self-righteousness because Alphen actually does question himself throughout his journey. Yuri never does, which especially notable because the story always treats him as in the right with little in way of actual debate.
>>
>>2097068
>listening to his slump dubbed
>can't stop feeling bad for his VA for putting that much effort into a handwave
Despite the game's length there's a lot of topics that get brushed over instead of time and pacing. It really needed more than a 2 minute back and forth with Law.
>>
Played the PS4 demo, was alright might play it
>>
Would you have liked Alphen better if he was a Veigue expy like how we initially suspected?
>>
>>2097129
>we
I'm not in this focus group, what did people expect?
I personally expected a Ludger clone and god I wish he could have been half as interesting.
>>
>>2097076
Yeah, he's almost always considering the longer term effects of what's going. Zephyr's words had a huge impact on him but those words were very much about how he should listen to his own conscience even if it meant disagreeing with someone else including Zephyr. When Alphen stands up for people it just honestly feels genuine.
>>
I just wish the party was as good as Xillia/2's or Berseria's and didn't have the worst boss fights in the entire series

Also people bitching about the game being "preachy" must have had the shit in Symphonia fly right over their heads
>>
>>2096591
>>2096613
>>2096711
fuck off /v/
>>
File: 003.jpg (843 KB, 3840x2160)
843 KB
843 KB JPG
Dohalim and Kisara don't even hook up and Rin and Law are dumb kids who can't tell each other that they like the other

I will say Alphen and Shionne is more believable than Jude and Milla that shit was awful
>>
>>2097270
Oh fuck the Berseria cast. They weren't that good. They just were better than Zesteria's by a country mile. Eizen was pretty aces though.
>>
>>2097279
Seriously, I'll never understand anyone who praises the Berseria cast. I have to safely assume it's the only Tales game they've played, that and/or Zestiria.
>>
>>2097274
Jude and Milla should have been one sided. Jude crushing on someone wholly out of his league would probably hit too hard for NEETs though. Felt like she wanted to impress him out of obligation to appeal to the demographic.

I'm glad Leilah got her consolation lesbian in an alternate timeline at least.
>>
>>2097279
>>2097283
Think of the time it came out at least.

Fresh off of Zestiria, they did look amazing. And people who hate fujos were aching for something normal.

They weren't saints like Sorey and Alisha, and they actually spoke how they felt or just lied openly unlike the Xillia cast. No one was tip toeing around the idea of killing people, their conflicts were out in the open and easy to understand plus the designs were flashy and stood out.

But this was for the time.
>>
how often after release do the legacy costumes come out?
>>
>>2097299
They are usually preorder or launch. Not sure what is taking so long this time?
>>
File: chloe 3.png (131 KB, 355x484)
131 KB
131 KB PNG
>>2097283
I feel like I must be out of phase with the more vocal fan community. I can't even see what people like about the Abyss cast so much but I love Legendia's. And I'm enjoying Arise a lot so some of these criticisms are honestly confusing. Is this just some NEW GAME shit posting thing or what?
>>
File: recentbadgecollection.jpg (1.93 MB, 4479x3152)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB JPG
>>2097302
Legendia is ultimately the best out of the series. I wish I were being biased, but it's the one game where they give each character their own little arc to develop and grow; creating bonds between one another. I realize most people haven't played Legendia, which is why I assume it's never brought up.
>>
>>2097302
>I can't even see what people like about the Abyss cast so much
We explain in dissertation length posts but only fellow abyss fans seem to understand it.
>>
File: Artorius_Collbrande.png (540 KB, 633x876)
540 KB
540 KB PNG
I don't usually don't come here. I'm almost done Berseria, need to face off shigure and melchior, but while I enjoy everything. There's just something missing in almost every character and their plotline that makes thing feel fully realized.

Especially Artorius. While I get we're supposed to hate him, and he's willing to do anything for his goal. Also that Arthur/Artorius are 'two different people'. from what I've seen so far I still don't feel like the way he acts is believable.
>>
File: oros chill.jpg (216 KB, 1173x624)
216 KB
216 KB JPG
>>2097306
Which is exactly part of my point. You can make anything sound good with a lengthy dissertation that picks out and re-contextualizes things. I played the game. I understood what it is trying to say. But quite frankly I just don't think it works.

>>2097305
Yeah, they were a solid bunch. Also otters.
>>
File: penguin gun.jpg (50 KB, 500x375)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>2097314
I swear to go if this fucking a-hole asks me about birds one more time....
>>
File: IMG_0391.jpg (2.98 MB, 4608x3456)
2.98 MB
2.98 MB JPG
>>2097317
>otters
Ors-bros are super chill. For the life of me, I really never understand why actual good mascots are ignored for... well the rest of the annoying weirdos.
>>
For me, it's still the Graces cast as baity as that sounds.
>>
>>2097324
Seriously, the Normans were the worst and just any AnimalZ can fuck right off. Owls are pretty cool so far. Mostly just do owl stuff. I actually get a kick out of Alphen and Shionne parallel arguing for/through the king and queen. This is the kind of romantic tsundere squabbling I like.
>>
>>2097327
I'm not gonna insult you, I'm not argue with you, honestly I'm a bit tired of arguing over which game is better than what so if you like it, that's great, but I would like to know WHY. And I hope that doesn't come off as confrontational, as I am simply curious.
>>
>>2097327
Graces was my first Tales game but Xillia's is my favorite apart from Milla and Jude
>>
>>2097306
I liked the second half of abyss, but overall I didn't enjoy it that much. I pretty much only cared for the luke and asch stuff.
>>2097320
But anon why do birds-. But seriously he probably has one of my favorite designs of the series, but so far it feels like wasted potential.
>>
File: rin owl.jpg (123 KB, 1280x720)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>>2097341
>But anon why do birds-.
Suddenly appear. Every time you are near?
>>
>>2097334
>Asbel just has that nice mix of shounen hero complex with brotherly bond for Sophie
>Sophie is Kuudere who can still function in society
>Cheria gives sexy mommygf vibes and I like it.
>Hubert is there to keep the group from being too saccharine
>Malik is the tard wrangling bro who's super chill overall
>Pascal is Pascal and that's a good thing
>Richard maybe the weakest character wise, but once he gets over his megalomaniac funk, he's a genuinely funny dude that surprisingly blends with the cast especially when tagging with Malik in snark
Seriously, Graces' cast is overhated and undeserving of the shit flinging when at worst they are just by the numbers. I'd take them over the absolute hate tension that was Abyss anyday.
>>
>>2097349
Fair enough. Honestly I could never muster the energy to outright HATE them, just sort of thought they were bland more than anything, but fair enough. I asked and you gave a sincere answer.
>>
>>2097314
Also does Zaveid job and get beaten in Zestiria as much as he does in Berseria? I forgot, but it seems like everytime he shows up he get's knocked out or something. At least he brings his nice OST with him.
>>
File: EMPqrw-U0AAWQiB.jpg (258 KB, 1637x1158)
258 KB
258 KB JPG
>>2097349
Graces has one of the best party chemistry in the series anon i agree, but as their own characters they're pretty mediocre.
>>
>>2097363
That's the thing. The series is character driven and that requires everyone to have chemistry. It doesn't work when it's the other way around like how Zesty and Besty approached the cast. Hell, Innocence manages to have better group cohesion than those two. Let that sink in.
>>
>>2097369
i think the berseria cast had chemistry
>>
>>2097349
I agree that Graces is really overhated. Especially Asbel. People say he has no personality, but I feel the opposite, he was overreactive to everything and constantly yelling. I actually kinda like his "trying to be cool but the others think he's lame" running gag, it makes him feel like an out-of-touch dad which reinforces the family themes of the game.
Graces isn't even my favourite cast, but whenever people dunk on them, I always wonder if we played the same game.
>>
>>2097314
I love Berseria however I hate the church is evil troupe. Elanor made it slightly better and it needed more stuff like that chapter with Teresa
>>
File: 1599460153780.jpg (96 KB, 380x338)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>2097404
I don't mind Asbel but i swear to god if he says MAMORU one more time
>>
>>2097351
No. He's a chad if you ignore the obligatory perverted archetype he's shoehorned with later on.
>>
>>2097411
Mamorunakatta....
>>
>Only shonen MCs got laid
Why?
>>
>>2097417
Because Luca is not fuckable in and out of reality while Shing is.
>>
>>2097391
When it comes to babying Laphicet mostly. Otherwise, their interactions just come off as hollow.
>>
>>2096896
>It'll be nice if that (confirmed?) rumour of Tales of Destiny DC HD to spark more interest in 2D titles now.
Its still rumor but Leaky Panda says were gonna hear news in December.
>>
The question is will the destiny Port have an English dub? since Arise is successes they have no choice but to dub the game.
>>
>>2097465
Hearts R didn't have eng dub
>>
I love Magilou
>>
>>2097485
>Hearts R didn't have eng dub
That was before the series became mainstream
>>
File: 1.png (185 KB, 602x828)
185 KB
185 KB PNG
>>2085112
>>2085114
>>2085124

Moogy-dono has spoken.

Sorry Talesbros.
>>
>>2097485
Thank god for that.
On the other hand the localization was even worse than usual.
>>
File: 1616746347157.png (95 KB, 223x309)
95 KB
95 KB PNG
>>2097506
>Who the fuck is this guy
>Check twitter
>Don't follow unless you want a shitload of yuri
In other words, this yurinigger hates it because Shionne ends up with Alphen instead of Kisara
>>
>>2097506
>pretentious VN yuri consumer has any sort of valid opinions on an actual videogame
Yeah no.
>>
>>2097506
Isn't this an actual troon?
>>
File: 1604213941402.jpg (102 KB, 1200x675)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>2097408
>wanting to get rid of malevolence is evil
TELL ME
>>
File: 1630233533941.jpg (81 KB, 587x631)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>2097593
>>
>>2097506
It was obvious yuritrannies would hate this game more than Berseria from the start
>>
>>2097593
I wanted to root for you so bad. But your plan sucked so bad.
>>
I just beat water world, how much longer do I have?
>>
>Been selling off my weapons as I get new ones since I dont need em anymore
>turns out you actually need the old weapons to craft new weapons
>>
File: coaster.jpg (3.06 MB, 4608x3456)
3.06 MB
3.06 MB JPG
>>2097959
I'm not too far into the game, I assumed they were going to pull this stunt so I thankfully held on to my old equipment.
>>
>>2098059
He's a drama queen who's overreacting, even if you did sell off your first few weapons, they're extremely easy to remake and don't even cost that much even after factoring the constant Gald shortage you'll be facing in this game.
>>
>>2098065
This game doesn't really have Gald shortage though, I guess some people just arent using those farming points on the map and abusing item drop rates, if you're actually playing right you start drowning in money the moment you get to Cyslodia and it starts snowballing from there.
>>
File: E282epsUcAYwEnf.jpg (48 KB, 263x410)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>>/vg/351732463
>>>/vg/351732463
>>>/vg/351732463
>>
>>2098147
I'm a shitter who decided to play on Hard on my first run and am always expending Orange Gels on boss fights.

My ego also won't let me lower the difficulty despite being bad at the game.
>>
>>2098190
You should have plenty of money for orange gels though, I've finished the game on Hard and never had money problems.
>>
>>2098195
>I'm a shitter
>>
>>2098190
Fish man. Does fuckin wonders.
>>
>>2098200
I know mate, that's just one of the solutions, it doesn't change the fact that I'm facing Gald issues constantly.
>>
>>2098199
Anon it's not a matter of being a shitter, you have access to so much money you can spam gels and life bottles all day and still have cash.
Now tell me, are you using harvest points and selling all the components you don't need?
Are you fishing?
Are you selling old armors?
>>
>>2098206
Yes. Even after selling armors and excess mats and doing sidequests, sometimes it's still not enough to cover everything and either have to farm Gald or fish.

The fact remains that I still need to drop whatever I'm doing with regard to the main plot just to farm mats/fish to get more Gald.

I also don't know why you're so bothered about this, I already told you I'm a shitter. If I was any better I wouldn't be spending this much Gald either.
>>
>>2098221
I'm not bothered, I just find it really odd.
>>
Any wolverine type enemy or boss demolishes me, pls help, how do i get good
>>
>>2098303
Use Dohalim's boost arte
Git gud at dodge rolls.
Or just spam spells with Rin
>>
>>2097129
i'd rather have him be a cunt like veigue and senel than another bland boring boyscout protagonist, yes
>>
>>2098369
>boyscout
I was lacking an accurate description but that's perfect. That's why I dislike him so much at least until he recovers his memories
>>
>>2098724

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.