[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What does /vrpg/ think of this series?
>>
>trilogy
>only two games exist
Funny how these things work.
>>
>>1915255
bretty gud, worth playing
1>2>3
>>
File: 131084738473483.jpg (273 KB, 600x1874)
273 KB
273 KB JPG
>>1915255
First game is just a straightforward action RPG that has decent amount of charm into it,
Not sure about Fable 2 and 3 tho. Just avoid the Anniversary port
>>
>>1915255
Good series. Fable 2 is my favorite. PC unironically when? It's weird to have both 1 & 3 but not 2
>>
First was nothing special never played another
>>
First was okay. 2nd was my preferred of the three. 3rd was annoying and disappointing. Why was Fable 2 never put on the PC? It was a fucking Xbox exclusive but microsoft never even attempted to put it on games for windows live or something?
>>
1 is great
2 is flawed but can be fun
3 is a pile of garbage
>>
>>1915255
When I was young, I thought the first Fable was a JRPG from the cover art.
>>
Meh
>>
Fable 1 was one of the first games I ever owned on a console. It blew my mind back then. I still boot it up and play but I've basically 100% it so there is no longer as much satisfaction.
>>
>>1915255
Fable 1 has a norf fc under the grey cast skies of norftown kind of charm the rest are just cash grabs trying to emulate the soul of the original.
>>
What is old Petey M up to these days, did he ever recover from Godus? I remember being in a thread once when he posted his mobile number on twitter and everyone was texting him.
>>
2's the best one, 1 has aged terribly in comparison
3 is a monument to bad decision making
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (79 KB, 1280x720)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
I love Fable 3 and i will be forever salty I can't fuck Elliot as the CANONICALLY MALE PROTAGONIST because you get the whore instead of him.
>>
>moral choices make your pigment lighter
>evil choices make your pigment darker

It’s based
>>
Loved the first one, didn't played the second one because lol no consoles, third one was kinda meh to me.
>>
>>1915701
>aged
>>
Loved 1. One of my all time favourite games. Didn't play 2 cause I'm not buying a fucking xbox to play 1 game. Somehow I still liked 3, even though objectively I can recognise it's a buring pile of trash
>>
>>1915309
>>Just avoid the anniversary port
What's wrong with it. Got it free with Gold.
>>
>>1916588
Literally nothing aside from some odd looking models.
>>
>>1915255
Gen Xers have stayed mad at Fable the way Millennials have stayed mad at Dark Souls 2
>>
File: 1619863726240.jpg (62 KB, 796x264)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>1916617
>Fable
>gen X
wat
It's peak millennial.
>>
>>1916588
When I first played it ran at 10fps and had several bugs. Anyone know if it's any better?
>>
>>1916631
oldest millennials vs youngest millennials then
>>
>>1915255
It's based. Molyneux is one of the most creative devs to ever exist. Idc what people say about him or Fable 3. Faggots are just butthurt they were too shitty of a king to save all 6.5 million people of Albion.
>>
>>1916599
>art style, models, lightning
>nothing
>>
I only played 1 and 2 and didn't think a lot of them. I played 1 back around 08 and 2 shortly after it launched since a friend loaned it to me after he finished it. And he bought it on release. I remember thinking 1 was meh and I recall even less about 2. Never played 3 since I didn't see the appeal of 1 and 2. .
What even is the appeal? They are like watered down sims games with meh combat and okish quests.
>>
They're fun when you're a young with a lot of interesting ideas and probably decent for beginners to actions RPGs but lacks depth compared to other RPGs. They're basically RPGs for kids
>>
>>1916327
If you liked 3 then you will love 2. Also, the xbox 360 had Red Dead Redemption 1 so those are at least 2 great games you can't play on PC.
>>
>>1915255
I remember getting the italian F2 version and i coudn't change the language for some reason, i'm still mad
>>
>>1915255
Disappointing from the start of the second game and never returned to fun.
>>
>>1915255
1 and 2 are great, 3 is a steaming pile of shit.
>>
>>1915255
i liked them
i acknowledge that this does not make them good
>>
>>1915255
Great series.
>>
>>1915255
I only played the first one. It was okay.
>level up a bunch of times in a row because I did multiple quests at once
>instantly age 30 years
very cool
>>
>>1916950
i am gen z, still mad about no fable 4. it transcends age.
>>
>>1915255
Loved the first one it's one of my favorite games, The second was a bit of an acquired taste and the third was a bit disappointing. I felt that the first was best out of all of them.
>>
im early gen z, and fable 3 was one of the first rpgs i ever played because i saw my mom playing it and thought it looked cool. i think it biases me towards fable 3 as i think people give it too much shit.

is fable 2 better than fable 3? for sure. but people act like fable 3 is awful. it has pacing issues and could for sure have been rebalanced with the end game stuff (you have to be an evil land-owning king or everyone dies like why? im tired of leaving the game open all night to amass my real estate fortune and save my kingdom in a feudalism simulator), but the concept was super cool and there were fun missions in there.

fable 2 is cooler, but the fact that i have to sacrifice my dog or a bunch of innocent people makes me mad every time. agree with others and hope theres a pc port one day. maybe to hype up a possible fable 4?

overall, fable is what got me into rpgs and video games generally and has a place in my heart.
>>
>>1918074
You can save everyone in Fable 2 by choosing love.
>>
>>1918080
oh yeah, i always pick love. i need the hound.
>>
>>1918129
I think you gott make all the towns love you to save them but love is pretty much a no brainer since you get your sisterfu along with the dog
>>
>>1915255
the first one is worth replaying every other year
>>
>>1916617
>>1916950
But I am the first of the zoomers (1st month of 97) and Fable is one of the core games I grew up with.
>>
>>1917369
>They are like watered down sims games with meh combat and okish quests
It's rather charmfull RPGs with a few small sim things in it, though, I always get the idea people mostly hate the series because of Molyneux hypning it up as a sim kind of game but that aspect (and how much was left out) is the only thing they berate. Sure, there isn't much depth but Fable really is about its own kind of folklore rpg you play in, and that's what it's mostly going for.
>>
1 and 2 are pretty good. I was planning to replay them but the Series X only has the Anniversary for 1 which makes the game look like ass, and the 360 version of 2 which is hard to look at.

Real fun otherwise.
>>
second one is the only one worth playing and the only one not on PC

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.