[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: North_sewers.jpg (1.36 MB, 1920x1080)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB JPG
Hivemind blames Bethesda entirely but desu things like the Thorn or the different Sewers with named npcs, environmental storytelling and unique weapons were just a retarded waste of time on Obsidians part that could have been put to better use. What other aspect of the finished game would you have killed at early development? Reminder that the Outer Worlds is just the bland result of that dumb mindset unchecked.
>>
>>1915176
>What other aspect of the finished game would you have killed at early development?
Caravan, as much as I played it it should have been cut. Fenstermaker advised Sawyer to do so but he didn't listen. Throwing weapons also needed a better implementation.
>things like the Thorn or the different Sewers with named npcs, environmental storytelling and unique weapons were just a retarded waste of time on Obsidians
Brainlet take regarding unique weapons. The Thorn is a nice thing to have as well, I wish Skyrim and Fallout 3 had an arena-like feature.
>>
>>1915196
I meant unique weapons for redundant and underutilized locations, not in the game as a whole.
The Thorn is just console command spawn made a feature and only exposes the boring combat system of the engine, you just remember it because it lets you fuck a freaky redhead
>>
I would fully get rid of karma, serves no purpose as is and is only there because previous games had it.
>>
File: 1494495060882.jpg (138 KB, 799x799)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>Bethesdabugman complains about hivemind
>>
>>1915248
Karma barely matters in NV, it only affects Cass and the ending slides.
>>
I would have cut jacobstown and the repconn facility. These quests were boring, required a lot of scripting, and ultimately the time could have been put to use in other areas. Specifically, the legion needed content. According to Sawyer, the legion was going to control the eastern part of the map but they decided to scrap all of that. I would have also spent time fixing the Omerta quests since those were really fun but really buggy.
>>
>>1915176
The Thorn was a waste of time but the sewers are great for people who don't like fast travel, when you're doing all of those Vegas quests where you basically just run back and forth throughout the area. The only problem is that the large doors leading in and out of the Central Sewer have a tendency to crash the game.
>>
>>1915317
Exactly, so it shouldn't be in the game. I'm sure it didn't take up that much time and energy but given the very short dev time it could have been put to better use than implementing those two features (plus designating all of those npc and quest karma scores and fixing whatever karma related bugs there might have been).
>>
>>1915176
I would have made the wall around Vegas a proper wall, not bunch of trash billboards. Like, the dude had concrete to fill Vault 22... He couldn't build a wall?
>>
>>1915549
Build a wall and make the ncr pay for it
>>
>>1915176
YESSS!!! YESSSS, FINALLY A LIVING HUMAN FUCKING BEING AND NOT A REDDIT TOOL
>>
>>1915680
Anyone who uses "reddit" as an insult is a brainless buzzword spurting faggot.
>>
>>1915176
>Hey Obsidian, wanna make a Fallout game?
>Sure
>Can you do it in 24 months?
>Yes
NMA Muties 24 months later...
>OH MY LAWD WHY DIDN'T BETHESDA GIVE THEM MORE TIME?????? THE HECKIN' GAMERINO COULD'VE BEEN SOOOO MUCH BETTER

The state of New Vegas is entirely Obsidian's fault. They said they could build and ship a Fallout game in ~2 years and Bethesda took them at their word. They also agreed to having a bonus scheme that hinged on them getting an 85 metacritic rating, and New Vegas only got an 84. Obsidian are the ones who agree to these deadlines because they're idiots. And now they're owned my Microsoft so hopefully Feargus gets fired.
>>
>>1915176
I normally like arena side content in games but I found the thorn really lacking. Doesn't help the main quest there is pretty much a fetch quest for a good shotgun and fade to black sex scene. Maybe it's because I enjoyed the arena questline in Oblivion.
>>1915196
>Throwing weapons also needed a better implementation.
Why the fuck am I not allowed pick up my throwing weapons again after using them? Who thought this was a good idea.
>>1915248
This. Outside of how it depicts the courier, Cass with evil karma leaving or being able to challenge Lanius to a 1v1 with good karma it does nothing.
>>1915703
Obsidian always seemed to have a issue with poor time and resource management, not helped by autists like Sawyer wasting time on shit not many cared about like caravan even when he was advised not to.
>>
>>1915444
I would leave Jacobtown (although I would love if they would made the road to it shorter and less tedious), but I agree completely on the Repconn facility. It weird that the main quest-line pushed you into doing it considering how unconnected it is to the rest of the game, except for introducing nightkin. At least it's still an optional quest , so you don't have to do it. But the worst part for me is not that the quests there are boring, it's how their goofy motive clashes with the rest of the game. Because for real I can't take serious ghouls fanatically wanting to go to space in cartoony rockets.
>>
File: 1597325546635.png (34 KB, 184x104)
34 KB
34 KB PNG
The game had sewers?
>>
>>1915703
Wow you're so cool and intelligent for hating on New Vegas.
>>
>>1916604
Thanks.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.