[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 23 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1626871277948..jpg (702 KB, 1088x778)
702 KB
702 KB JPG
>Go West, no East
Bravo Obsidian
>>
>he thinks he can be east if he goes west
It's quite amazing how such a simple concept is hard for /v/ to understand.
>>
Yes yes being able to talk him out of a fight is dumb we dont need to have this thread everyday
>>
>>1913162
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNBjMRvOB5M
Go west you say?
>>
>>1913162
>general of one of the most powerful civilizations in post-apocalyptic America never considered supply lines
I question why people consider this a great scene.
>>
>>1913449
Go west, young man.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgr0CK6ZLF0
>>
>>1913162
rent free
>>
>>1913500
>never considered supply lines
He did, he even says Caesar drained too many of the Legion's resources to attack the dam.
>>
>>1914060
Yeah they literally didn't go any further east than New Mexico because of the supply lines. Imagine trying to go through east Texas in a post apocalypse, el paso is a post apocalyptic city rn.
>>
File: 1597721170396.jpg (145 KB, 1024x819)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
>>1913162
>>
>>1913162
>"You're literally the only one here who won't be damaged by doing this world-saving thing. You've always valued logic and reason, so you know it would be best if you did the thing"
>"No because blah blah destiny bullshit"
>"What if I gave Bethesduh five bucks"
>"DUHHH...OKIE DOKIE"
>>
File: cowboy.jpg (16 KB, 400x400)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfW9-0EzYxA&ab_channel=ScrambledEggs1969
>>
>Lanius DESTROYED with FACTS and LOGIC
>>
>>1913162
>Lanius is presented as an extremely devoted member of Ceasar's cause
>A movement where members have undying loyalty and do not question their leader's decisions, however poor they are
>On top of this Lanius is an unga bunga "might makes right" tribal who's a terrible strategist
>Needs a high speech check to convince him invading NCR is a bad idea

You don't fucking say
>>
>>1913255
It's not talking him down that's dumb, it's the circular logic employed that doesn't make much sense. The reason talking down the Master works is because you have to not only pass speech checks, but collect certain data regarding the viability of the FEV mutants to convince him. Lanius? Not so much.
>>
>>1915689
It's why NV is a inferior game. Speech Checks should also allow the player to convince the target, not instantly do it for them. Like in Arcanum when you encounter a group of highwaymen outside the first town, you can use persuasion on them, but then you have to pick the right options to bullshit a story to allow you to let them past saying you are part of a thieve's guild.
>>
File: my nigga.jpg (47 KB, 1033x679)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>1915707
>He brings up Arcanum
I love you. I wish more games dared to be as malleable as Arcanum. I still crack up when I remember telling Virgil to buzz off and he just starts whining, following me around like a lost puppy.
>>
>>1913162
>actual ending when you can convience final boss that his plan is retarted and he needs to try with different approach
>bethdrones are still having meltdown
>>
>>1913162
>final boss is just some guy
>>
>>1915262
This really pissed me off at the time, still a little mad about it but I also find it really funny, They wanted it to end with you dead so bad.
>>
>>1913162
>DUDE i built a diplomat how the FUCK am I expected to get through this bullshit combat encounter if I can't click on dialogue boxes to win everything?!
They were just trying to appeal to speechfags from VTMB, don't worry about it
>>
>>1917857
It was done better and written better before, but keep being a faggot and going "but Bethesda tho" whenever it gets compared to its betters.
>>
>>1915707
The issue is that the character has 100 speech, not the player. Add in the fact the speech is literally only useful for dialogue unlike every other skill and I think it is fair that they make it not a chore to use it effectively.
>>
>>1913162
Lanius didn't give a shit about the West. He only did it out of favor for Caesar. This is spelled out numerous times throughout the game. New Vegas was Caesar's ambition and dream of creating a new Rome. And Caesar was getting desperate at that point because he was on his last days and needed to see this through before his Empire collapsed before his eyes. It's not that the Courier managed to convince Lanius of his folly, it's that Lanius could simply use what the Courier said as an excuse not to wage a meaningless campaign of overextension with really no hope of keeping.
>>
>>1918308
>bethdrones getting even more butthurt
>>
>>1915357
Based.
>>
>>1915674
>extremely devoted
Caesar literally says the opposite. He’s a feral attack dog that he considers subhuman.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.