[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 106 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: vtmb fem fledgling heads.jpg (112 KB, 1024x1099)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
is it over for us vampbros? is there even a smallest faint of hope for Bloodlines 2?

also VtMB/VtMR thread
>>
File: 1619734489870.png (417 KB, 726x541)
417 KB
417 KB PNG
>>1902199
>>
>>1902199
>is there even a smallest faint of hope for Bloodlines 2?
I'd say it's gonna come late 2023-early 2024 and will be shit.
A shame, it had it's chance and we'll never know why it was killed so nonsensically.
>>
>>1902199
Bloodlines 2 will fail, but the vampire VNs are actually good and theres another different vamp game coming out
>>
World of Darkness itself is cursed, there are no good video games derived from it, and yes, that means Redemption is shit.
>>
>>1903071
so youre saying that Bloodlines is also shit?
>>
>>1902305
NEVER
>>
>>1902199
Paradox hired two good writers to write the story and then fired them because the story wasn't progressive enough, so they hired two trannies instead.

Bloodlines 2 is going to be DOA
>>
>>1903770
They barely managed to even get what we got out the door, ever single World of Darkness game has suffered the same problems in production.
>>
>>1902199
If you want to see a game with the same consistency and dedication as VTMB you're going to have to make your own, it's that simple, I know everyone will ignore this but that's the only way that this will happen.
>>
>>1903868
ok, brb making VtMB 2
>>
>>1903810
That's not what happened
>>
File: its over for vampbros.png (73 KB, 422x302)
73 KB
73 KB PNG
>>1902199
yes, its over for us vampbros. it was fun while it lasted
>>
File: vtmnr.png (99 KB, 722x300)
99 KB
99 KB PNG
The only somewhat decent VtM content dose I got recently was from a fucking text CYOA game. Blasting DOOM OST while slaughtering mooks as a Nosferatu was quite fun.
The two VN about New York were pretty shit.
>>
>>1902199
>hire the original writer
>parade him in marketing
>fire him, don't use anything he wrote
>hire another popular rpg writer
>fire him, don't use anything he wrote
>fire the entire team

whatever they manage to scrounge together will suck hard by mere virtue of all the fuckery happening behind the scenes
>>
>>1903050
>different vamp game
what's it called?
>>
>want to do a charisma/persuasion focused build
>end up being a mildly charming Toreador gunslinger

did I do something wrong? I may have spec'd a bit too much in combat but was there any use for persuasion-related skills after roughly the Hollywood part? they seem to be mostly gimmicky. It's my first run ever tho, planning on trying some crazy-voices-in-my-head malkath build eventually
>>
File: NightRoadMain.jpg (93 KB, 940x492)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>1908213
usually you want to max out 1 combat style for smooth end game, and focus on persuasion or sneaking. with spare exp going either defense, more disciplines (usually I only max out 2 disciplines) or persuasion (if you didn't focused on it). generally it's hard to fuckit up (recap, focus either on stealth or speech max out 1 combat style, or failing that, get it to 7+, try maxing only 2 disciplines as 2 are enough for smooth game
>>
if you were sired, unironically and unbiased what sorta kindred do you think you'd attract to sire you and why?
>>
>>1908470
>not charming
>socially retarded
>look like a cross between quasimodo and chris-chan
>good with computers
Nosferatu. None of the other vamp clans would want anything to fo with me.
>>
File: EDTqC5sX4AAfaQ_.jpg (202 KB, 900x1200)
202 KB
202 KB JPG
>>1904095
It still blowy my mind away we never got more Dark Ages Vampire considering it would be right up that "medieval fantasy RPG" that could cater to wider RPG audience.
>>
>>1908470
>>1908736
What if I'm all those things but good with drawing instead of computers?
>>
>>1908470
If I met them online first, prolly Toreador or Nosferatu because I act differently over text then when I verbally communicate, and I'd probably meet with an online friend and have it go terribly wrong.

If I met them IRL, probably Tremere because I'd listen to the wrong weirdo talk about stuff that I thought was interesting.

unrelated, but do Nosferatus always have to look like Count Orlock or does their special brand of ugly just have many different ways it can happen?
>>
File: masquerade violation.jpg (124 KB, 630x627)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
It was over the moment Troika got shut down.
>>
>>1908866
because dark ages was not the main setting for world of darkness. it's simply more appealing if you're used to fantasy games.
>>
>>1909798
what the fuck is that thing in the middle?
>>
>>1909798
tf is that tzimisce giving thorne?
some artifact?
>>
>>1903868
I'm pretty sure that the guy who made this game took a lot of inspiration from VtMB. It even did some of the stuff VtMB2 was trying to do like more movement abilities during gameplay, mist form, etc. It's the only thing I played after VtMB that felt like it scratched the same itch.
>>
>>1904044
Why was Chris Avellone and that other guy fired?
>>
>>1909992
Avellone said that the people in the dev team that pitched the project and the people at Paradox that he pitched to and greenlit the project no longer worked at the companies for quite some time now. So the devs are a bunch of amateur retards but Paradox is also inherently incompetent. The perfect combination to never getting anything done. Both Avellone and Mitsoda were just there for marketing.
>>
>>1909992
Cluney was also fired probably because he pitched a project that couldn't be finished. I don't think Mitsoda would've been blamed for that too much since he was probably only pitching the story. It might've just been a money issue at that point since the game was repeatedly delayed and still too broken to ship and since it had been in development for years already they assumed most of the writing would've been done. Was obvious how bad things were all around because they must've known there'd be backlash.
>>
>>1902199
>tell a bunch of core writers and directors to fuck off
>tell an ENTIRE developer team to fuck off
>up in the air right now with who's leading the reigns
i'd be surprised if it comes out at all
>>
>>1909992
Avellone's 2.5 year contract ended and, according to him, they didn't use a single damn thing from what he wrote during that time. Why Mitsoda left is a mystery.
>>
>>1910003
That may be because Paradox was begging for SOMEONE to pitch them a worthwhile World of Darkness game they could throw some budget at. For a while it was nothing but VNs.
>>
what mods would you recommend besides the standard unofficial patch?
>>
Female Gangrel's ass does things to my dick
>>
>>1909973
I played that game, it was really bad, I got VTMB vibes from it but the random dungeons and writing sucked ass, as well as the strange anime characters, at least they tried.
>>
>>1908470
>odd mood swings
>i write a lot for fun
>i love sexual pleasure
>loner
>misanthrope
...gangreloreador?
Malk
>>
File: download (17).jpg (7 KB, 222x227)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>1908470
Alt Right Brujah or conspiracy theorist Malkavian
>>
File: 1624384550473.jpg (7 KB, 178x284)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>1908470

>moralfag
>socialize as an instrument more than a personal need
>intelligent
>federal prosecutor aspirant
>artistic sensibility
>student of the occult

Would be a Toreador or Ventrue, if it weren't for my severe balding or middle-class origin, respectively. So Tremere I guess, if they would have me.
>>
it's over, face it.
>>
File: cs.png (148 KB, 1280x720)
148 KB
148 KB PNG
What do I even level up? Is Persuasion 9 and 10 even needed for anything? Already feels redundant to be putting points in it
>>
File: c5d.jpg (31 KB, 600x704)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>1911158
>What do I even level up?
CLAIRE, LEON
>>
>>1910100
>Why Mitsoda left is a mystery
chaeting on his wife with sjw pussy some say
>>
>>1908470
definitely Nos
>>
>>1910269
upscaled texture if you can run it and audio overhaul
>>
>>1911158
celerity
>>
>>1911326
Do the higher levels make that much of a difference?
>>
>>1911355
it increase the speed, duration stays the same.
>>
>>1911378
>>1911355
also to answer your question, kinda but not that much tbqh
>>
>>1911158
I think you only need more than 8 Persuasion for one small area late into the game, but you don't get much of a reward for it. I'd probably put points into Auspex for even more damage, unless you're having trouble with bosses then put more points into stamina/dodge/wits for defense.
>>
>>1910293
I thought the random dungeons were okay as long as you started going further down for more of a challenge, and I liked the puzzles to search some item containers instead of it just being a basic skill/inventory check. Since it's an indie game I guess they had to scale back on the RPG stuff a bit which is why it only has one hub and less characters than VtMB, but I thought the roguelite-type of stuff at least made it feel different enough to be enjoyable. And it had enough non-random dungeons with some decent puzzles.

It's not quite as "realistic" as VtMB but I still enjoyed the overall atmosphere too.
>>
File: 1619373962441.png (1.45 MB, 1700x1946)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB PNG
>>1908470
well let's see here
>greedy
>autistic
>hates travelling
>interested in genetic modification

yeah I am thinking Tzimisce.
>>
File: 1624196271765.jpg (31 KB, 640x739)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>1908213

>planning on trying some crazy-voices-in-my-head malkath build eventually

yeah, I finished my other run and am doing the malkavian thing. A female psycho-slut, gonna focus on unarmed and shooting, and the rest is gonna go in seduction, intimidation, mind-bending and other shenanigans. The malkavian dialogue is really a catch, and being a crazy bitch the story does seem to flow in a different way entirely than my scholarly Toreador. This game is fucking great, kudos to the devs, truly the work of geniuses.
>>
>>1911470
The randomly generated dungeons and I think loot (I haven't played this in years) was just anti VTMB, but you're right about the atmosphere, it very much felt like VTMB, it just didn't fit. Dark was billed as a VTMB spiritual successor too, and that game is nothing like VTMB. I also found out that there's a load of sequels to Bloodlust, so it looks like some people like it.
>>
>>1904112
Isn't this that one VN with only gay romance options?
>>
>>1912590
I hope that's all it has. Choice of Games are notorious LGBTQ or whatever the most up to date acronyms is. If you really want to see what I mean play Choice of the Vampire free demo.
>>
File: face-ninja_shock.jpg (26 KB, 500x500)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>1910100
>according to him, they didn't use a single damn thing from what he wrote during that time
>>
>>1912590
That sounds pretty gay, we need a non pozzed VTMB fan successor.
>>
>>1908903
maybe a brujah that wants you to draw some rebellious posters
>>
>>1912590
It's not a VN, it's a text-only CYOA. All romance options are bi IIRC, but all vampire options are male and all ghoul options are female.
>>
>>1913131
Female *option*. There is one. And her romance is barebones not to mention she's obnoxious as fuck. While you have 3 male options, all coming onto you whether you like it or not.
>>
>>1902199
>be Paradox
>buy the VTM rights
>everyone in the know excited for the sequel to a cult classic
>have Obsidian as a developer
>hand the IP off to some no-name dev that has zero experience with RPGs or even single player games instead
>Obsidian is just making some new CRPG, a genre which generally sells poorly/okay
I swear Paradox actively tries to sabotage their own shit. So fucking retarded
>>
>>1909840
But you'd think that with the massive success of Witcher 3, everyone would be scrambling to make their own fantasy RPG
>>
>>1913174
Well, at this point Obsidian is not exactly an indie company. Maybe they tried, but the Microsoft overlords told them to fuck off. I am playing devil's advocate here.
>>
>>1913178
Witcher 3-style RPG takes up a lot of money and resources. Indie devs can't afford it, big publishers don't care.
>>
>>1913180
I was under the false impression that Paradox owned them at the time, but it seems they were just the Tyranny publisher
>>
>>1913183
>big publishers don't care.
Which is what doesn't make sense. Everyone tried to copy CoD, but didn't try their own version of a Witcher 3. You'd think the publishers would look at the numbers and go
>have a dev make that sort of game for us
Paradox has the money after all
>>
>>1913184
After this whole Tyranny swindle, I don't think Paradox is very eager to work with Obsidian anyway.
>>
>>1913185
>Paradox has the money after all
this, all those EU4 and CK2 DLCs gotta help those numbers up
>>
>>1913201
>Tyranny swindle
wait, what happened?
>>
>>1913165
There are two female options, Vani and Elena.
Who's the third one? You can only romance the Prince and the Anarch, I think.
>>
>>1913244
Obsidian was funding Pillars with the budgent Paradox gave them for Tyranny.
>>
>>1902199
Hope springs eternal. However, I am worried with how many red flags there have been in regards to the game's development.

https://youtu.be/BnEhruDrBfA
>>
>>1902199
There was no hope for it ever since they decided to base it on V5, with everything that entails.
>>
>>1913256
Wasn't Raul or whatshisface added in a patch?
>>
>>1909621
Generally it's expected because the Nosferatu were inspired by Count Orlock, but I'm of the preference that as long as your Nossie is just bugfuck ugly they're good to go. So go hog wild with the ugly to your heart's content Anon.
>>
>>1913314
Oh yeah, forgot about that one.
>>
>>1908736
I thought Nosferatu mainly sire smart nerds + haughty pretty people who need to be taken down a notch
>>
>>1903050
>the vampire VNs are actually good
I hope you mean the Choice of VNs and not the Draw Distance ones.
>>
>>1902199
There never were, you have the be the most guillible pleb to think there ever were.
>>
File: promo.jpg (408 KB, 1680x945)
408 KB
408 KB JPG
>World of Darkness Preludes: Vampire and Mage is a series of two interactive fiction video games developed by White Wolf Entertainment and Fula Fisken: Vampire: The Masquerade – We Eat Blood and Mage: The Ascension – Refuge.

>The games are set in the World of Darkness, and are based on White Wolf Publishing's tabletop role-playing games Vampire: The Masquerade and Mage: The Ascension. Vampire follows a fledgling vampire who communicates with one of their friends through text message conversations, and Mage follows a volunteer in a refugee camp, who learns that magic is real and that they can use it.

>Vampire was written and illustrated by Sarah Horrocks and Zak Sabbath, Mage was written by Karin Tidbeck, and both games were directed by Martin Ericsson. Following allegations against Sabbath of sexual abuse, which he has denied, the standalone Vampire and the World of Darkness Preludes set are no longer offered for sale.

LMAO
>>
>>1908470
>knowledgeable
>perfectionist
>principled
>good at keeping secrets
Tremere.
>>
a bunch of mentally ill faggots obsessed with an IP that has only one noteworthy video game, you all get what you deserve
>>
>>1908470
>an introverted asshole
>interested in mythology and paranormal
>nobody likes me because apparently I'm creepy
>perfectionist
I guess that's Tremere.
Eh, they have the best waifus anyway.
>>
>>1908866
What about Warhorse Studios? Can we give the V:DA licence to Daniel Vavra, so we can have Kingdom Come: Deliverance with vampires?
I would play the fuck out of it. Naturally, it would be a buggy mess, but that's a standard for VtM games.
>>
>>1913389
>haughty pretty people who need to be taken down a notch
Far as I know that's a big attraction, but not an inherent qualifier. They might as well pick one who's already an ugly as shit outcast because they're the perfect candidate for the Nos unlifestyle
>>
>>1913389
>I thought Nosferatu mainly sire smart nerds + haughty pretty people who need to be taken down a notch
I would fit under the "smart nerd" category. The fact that I'm uglier than a dead plague rat, and I usually avoid crowded places by sticking to shadows, would all but guarantee my acceptance into the Nossies.
>>
File: iu.jpg (24 KB, 474x266)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
I'm playing pic related. Which clan is the best path? The Brujah dude looks to be a decent guy but it's Brujah so I'm expecting a full-on unending torrent of leftist drivel on that one. Toreador mite be neat.
>>
>>1913778
Toreador is a black gay dude, so he goes on and on about bigotry. Ventrue keeps yapping about the glass celling and wage gap and women's rights. And Brujah is Brujah. It's that kind of a game.
>>
>>1913778
It doesn't really matter, sadly.
>>
File: angry cat.jpg (8 KB, 269x211)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>1913792
>>1913794
Ah shit. I think I can stomach the Ventrue. Their clan is the coolest of the three anyways. How about Shadows of New York? Is it any better?
>>
>>1913509
>only one noteworthy video game
nobody tells him
>>
File: crappy vn.jpg (126 KB, 1600x900)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
>>1913808
The clans don't really matter. The ending is very rushed. And, judging by the gog reviews, the other VN is even worse.
>>
>>1913257
lmao
>>
>>1913256
You can also romance Dove.
Doing it as a Nosferatu felt weird, like fucking own mom.
>>
File: 1407733057734.gif (1.7 MB, 400x178)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB GIF
>>1913257
Masterful powerplay and couldn't have happened to a more deserving publisher. Fuck Paradox. It's just a shame that Tyranny suffered for it. I liked that game.
>>
File: Dove.jpg (48 KB, 839x699)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>1913871
I am not fucking that.
>>
>>1902199
I would rather see it not be made,than to get what at first glance looks like a total pile of shit.Atmosphere is off,writers are SJW nutjobs and they fired the only guy who knew what he was doing...
>>
>>1913886
no balls and no taste
>>
I would probably wanna be a brujah.
With obfuscate learned somewhere.

Just an invisible monster tearing stuff apart at the speed of light. Barehanded preferably.

Or a flesh crafter
>>
>>1914804
What the hell is even going on with the Ming Xiao boss fight? My weapons do crap for damage, I can see what I guess are supposed to be batteries that are meant to electrify her or something on the pillars (retarded video game world design), but I have no idea how to get them to do anything, and if I do the slightest bit of damage, she splits making the fight more or less impossible
>>
>>1915010
She takes bonus damage from headshots, which you could probably land with melee hits too since it works on zombies, but actually registering a headshot is really inconsistent. I remember my first time looking around for something like that too but there really isn't anything there.

My first time playing I had no issue with any previous areas of combat but still got stuck on her because my ammo was too low. I can put her down really quickly now since I know what to expect but it's the only time I can completely understand someone needing to use cheats to get past something.
>>
>>1915010
>>1915092
I found that if you just crouch down next to the Buddha statue she can't hit you at all. Cheesy but works.
>>
>>1915092
>>1915134
Had to unload every last round of my sniper rifle on her (starting with max ammo) and it still only got her down to like 3/8 health. What a mess that fight was. Good thing I melee'd my way through the temple. Sheriff was a joke in comparison.

Oh well, what clan to play next? I just did Toreador, so I was thinking Brujah next until I noticed they have 2 disciplines in common. Now I'm not sure
>>
>>1908470
It could go one of three ways

Ventrue because
>Wealthy
>Charming (that's what people tell me I have no idea why I wound up on 4chan)

Brujah because
>Major anger issues
>(formerly) politically active

Nosferatu because
>Into fringe internet culture
>Like to shitpost

I think it depends on what I end up doing in the future. Of the three I'd rather be a Ventrue though, just because I feel like if you're going to be a vampire you should go all the way with the undead aristocrat thing. I don't have much ambition now, but I could get into the Jyhad.
>>
>>1913808
>How about Shadows of New York? Is it any better?
it has a certain twist on the ending and it's also more of a sum of your decisions rather than "choose A or B at the end". I liked it more because it's focused, but they didn't really do anything special with you playing a lasombra antitribu.
>>
>>1915010
its called a flammenwerfer anon
>>
>>1902199
>malk has 2 same-colored eyes
RUINED
>>
>>1915668
look closer
>>
>>1902199
Someone please explain what the FUCK is happening with Bloodlines 2
>>
>>1913735
Surely you can't be that ugly anon
>>
>>1915588
It werfs flammen
>>
>>1915848
Nobody has any idea.
>>
>>1915848
It's dead, Jim.
>>
>>1913111
wod and vtm specifically was always full of gay shit and other weird sex stuff. which isn't me denying they went full retard with dumb shit like rudy later but there is no "non pozzed" vtm.
>>
>>1915848
Imagine an aborted fetus still flopping on the floor, but nobody has the heart to put it out of it's misery. That's going on with Bloodlines 2.

The writers were canned, the entire fucking studio was canned, because Paradox had a stroke once they saw the result of the devs work, but the game is still coming out, because Paradox doesn't want to part with all that preorder money. So some new company is supposed to slap it together to a semi-presentable state and then release it into the wild.
Outstar will naturally tell you that it's fine.
>>
>>1915217
If you want to do a melee character then Brujah is probably the strongest. Gangrel can work but there's a lot of knockback on their hits with Protean warform active and most of the time it pushes enemies out of the way of your combo so you only land the first hit. Nosferatu are really fun if you max Obfuscate quickly, and they can actually do well against bosses if you get level 2 Animalism and spam it while meleeing. Most people will say you should play Malkavian on a second playthrough even though playing one first is okay too but they work best with guns.
>>
>>1916433
How do the Tremere and Malkavian exclusive disciplines even work? If every level just replaces the last one, that's pretty lame
>>
>>1916439
>If every level just replaces the last one, that's pretty lame
Wait, what? No, you just gain additional powers/abilities in addition to the old ones. So for a Tremere, you end up with a nifty repertoire of "fuck you" powers.
>>
>>1913257
Blame Paradox for wanting to own the IP. I was mad at Obsidian for doing that and putting that money into PIllars, until realizing that Paradox does fuck all with the IP and just sits on it. Hopefully, Microsoft buys the IP back for Obsidian.
>>
>>1916439
Like >>1916472 said you keep the ones you already unlocked, you just have to use the scroll wheel to go through them all. Or what I prefer to do is press K to bring up the hotkey menu and bind different keys for each one I want to use. Setting them all to specific keys lets you be way faster with using them and makes you a lot stronger compared to slowly scrolling to find everything.
>>
>>1904095
>>1908866
Extremely based Redemption chads. I prefer it to Bloodlines in certain respects, although ironically they share a lot of the same strengths and weaknesses.
>>
>>1918027
I guess "Vampire going through ages" is a pretty kickass idea for a full fledged VtM RPG. I wish there was a studio ballsy enough to make a full-on RPG out of that. You start off in 13th century, you have your Dragon Age: Origins prologue depending on the clan you've picked, then spend half the game dicking around the medieval land in this open sandbox, gathering influence and making allies, while the later part of the game transports you into modern times as this powerful elder that's playing a master keikaku. That would be something.
>>
>>1908470
Gangrel unironically.
>>
>>1916307
you summed it up nicely
>>
>>1909854
pornhub's mascot
>>
NIGHT eating you?
>>
>>1916302
Most people that aren't ultra butthurt stormfags don't even notice that stuff unless it has an annoying libtard virtue signaling slant like this >>1913485
>>
>>1913520
could work but idk
>>
>>1918047
sounds too ambitious, it'll probably ended up like another Bioshock Infinite
>>
>>1918047
if they did try something as based, they'd fuck it up

though it'd be cool all the same
>>
File: cyoa.jpg (38 KB, 460x215)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>1918047
Strangely enough, the closes thing to that was another CYOA about vampires on the same engine as >>1908355 >>1904112.
You start during the Battle of New Orleans and end up in 1900s Chicago by the end.
The customization is pretty intensive, although it has no brand name behind it, so the lore reads like an off-brand copy.
>>
>>1915851
I might be exaggerating a tad bit for laffs, but I'm absolutely ugly and would fit in perfectly with the rest of the Nosferatu.
>>
>>1902199
>Mitsoda gone
>nothing Avellone wrote is being used
>brought some Ubishit faggot on board to "replace" them
>in absolute confirmed development hell
There's no hope at all, anon. The only way to fix it is if they do a clean sweep and bring back Mitsoda, Avellone, and anyone associated with the original VTMB. This will never happen though because they already wasted a ton of money.
I predict we'll get a slapped together disgrace of a game that will barely be an rpg.
>>
>>1913520
>Kingdom Come: Deliverance with vampires?
>Historically accurate (to the point of autism) medieval vampire game
I'm not sure how the fuck this would work, but I'm all for it.
>>
>>1919770
>Choice of the Vampire
I couldn't escape this feeling game always treated like you just made a mistake if you didn't pursue a lesbian relationship as a female MC. Fortunately, CotV wasn't hit as bad with that bullshit like other Choice of Games titles.
>>
>>1919813
>nothing Avellone wrote is being used
is this true? how do you know this when the game wasn't even out yet? havent been keeping up with the news ever since the reveal
>>
https://chrisavellone.medium.com/what-the-fuck-happened-to-bloodlines-2-1ad557bf2284?source=user_profile---------2----------------------------

>To explain my contract: I worked on Bloodlines 2 for almost 2 and a half years, from 2016 to mid-2018, then my contract came to an end. They didn’t use anything I wrote during that time, which was a number of major characters and side missions
>>
Seeing how the development of all the games are is the IP just cursed?
>>
File: flamethrower fps.jpg (52 KB, 678x296)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>1915588
Flamethrower damage is really inconsistent. How fast it drains depends on how high your FPS is. These healthbars show how much Ming loses from a full tank starting at 100% health, but the top one is with FPS uncapped and bottom is with FPS capped at 30.

>>1916247
Nice old meme.
>>
>>1919895
Because he confirmed it.
https://chrisavellone.medium.com/what-the-fuck-happened-to-bloodlines-2-1ad557bf2284

>To explain my contract: I worked on Bloodlines 2 for almost 2 and a half years, from 2016 to mid-2018, then my contract came to an end. They didn’t use anything I wrote during that time, which was a number of major characters and side missions, check my LinkedIn.
>>
File: 1607787976330.png (176 KB, 300x484)
176 KB
176 KB PNG
>he doesn't just bruteforce the last two bosses with godmode
maybe the PTSD of running a pure melee build the first time i fought ming-xiao is a heaver burden then i realize, but i'm not wasting an hour or two dealing with rushed and unrefined squidbitch batboss bullshit inbetween long-ass combat gauntlets. no sir.
>>
>>1908470
Probably True Brujah or Kiasyd
>>
>>1920064
>Fighting Ming Xiao as a melee Ventrue

It was a war of attrition the likes of which I had never seen. When I finally beat her though, LaCroix's sheriff was a joke.
>>
Doing a Malkavian playthrough and I'm surprised by how I'm appreciating the gameplay more than the dialogue. The ability to point at a guy and have him instantly suffer a silent death is great. Not that I'm absuing it, mind you, merely "correcting" some of the more off-color enemy placements. The Investigation bonus is also coming in quite a bit more than I expected as well. Had no idea just how many books I missed on my first go. Pretty ridiculous that there's so many gated behind having high investigation, high research, and high investment in their associated skill. Don't know where they're expecting me to get all those points.

Anyway, the normal dialogue choices just seem a little tryhard most of the time, like what twelve year old girls think insane people are like. Can't deny I love infecting people with madness though, and I appreciate how often I get the chance to
>>
>>1920850
based fellow schizo
>>
>>1919504
>Most people that aren't ultra butthurt stormfags don't even notice that stuff
Do I really need to post Rudy to shut you the fuck up?
>>
>>1908470
I would be turned by a brujah
I'm borderline radicalised against the perceived tyranny of the NWO, educated, strong, military experienced and prone to anger.
>>
>>1921222
>unless it has an annoying libtard virtue signaling slant
Finish what you read next time you reactionary fuck.
>>
>>1919933
Setting is dangerously close to real-life so the real-life equivalent of the Camarilla is shutting down the projects and killing the IP.
>>
File: 1624652680631.jpg (236 KB, 618x767)
236 KB
236 KB JPG
>>1922189
have some in-game humor leftie-kun
>https://youtu.be/3bOZvZqmSmA?t=459
>>1922195
pic rel
>>
>>1908470
Nosferatu:
>Hermit who prefers to stay inside dark, dank room all day
>Asocial and straight up incompetent when trying to interact with people
>Use the internet as main source of entertainment and have at least 2 out of 5 points in Computer knowledge

Or

Malkavian:
>Weirdo who just can't fit into normie society and it's ideals
>Maladaptive daydreamer who thinks too much and could probably be more open minded of the clan's more outlandish ideas and beliefs
>Probably already have some form of undiagnosed mental illness

Honestly it could really be either or, but I guess I'd prefer Malk
>>
>>1919813
>>brought some Ubishit faggot on board to "replace" them
Ubisoft guy wasn't there to write, he was there to make an assessment about what needed to be done to save the project. His conclusion was apparently that they needed to cancel it and start over with a different studio.
>>
>>1922704
I'd love to read his report. I wish it leaked.
>>
>>1908355
>>1919770
Bro, what the fuck this is all just text. They didn't even hire an artist to do simple squiggles. Shit is gay as fuck.

>Choice of Games Is a Feminist, Egalitarian, Sex-Positive Company... strives to create and promote inclusive games, in which anyone can play and find themselves, including representation of all genders and sexual orientations.
Well shit. They are gay as fuck.
>>
>>1922845
>Bro, what the fuck this is all just text.
i mean yeah
>>
>>1922845
What are books, Alex?
>>
>>1922977
Dunno, never read one.
>>
>>1919958
well, that sucks. Not really fond of Avellone but his writing is good
>>
File: bender tl dr.gif (1019 KB, 300x200)
1019 KB
1019 KB GIF
>>1923507
>>
File: tom-cruise-no.gif (973 KB, 500x213)
973 KB
973 KB GIF
>>1902199
>>
>>1923731
ah well, it was fun while it lasted
>>
the best thing about vtmb isn't even the vampires, it's Arthur Kilpatrick
>>
>not playing Night Road instead
>>
>>1922195
Wasn't that the actual joke in Bloodlines 1, that Troika was shut down because the devs broke the Masquerade by releasing the game?
>>
File: tgm.png (1.13 MB, 1422x800)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB PNG
>>1924360
Yeah if you talk to Mercurio near the end of the game you can ask him about Troika.
>>
File: Vamp Pepe.jpg (134 KB, 1266x688)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
I bite, you bleed
You crave, I feed
You cry, I won't
You die, I don't
>>
about to try out Redemption for the first time, any mods recommendation and anything I should know? I'd rather go in blind but a little heads up would be good.
>>
>>1923998
>not picking Deb
>>
>>1908470
Probably a toreador with a fetish for men with long hair with a weird groomer attitude. That or a nossie who I pissed off online on some forum or whatever
>>
Who are your favorite npcs (if you have any)? Who are your least favorite (if you have any)?
>>
>>1926365
follow the pcgamingwiki guide, otherwise good luck

>>1927013
favourite NPC : fortune teller girl
worst NPC : you
>>
File: 1620104835985.gif (1.25 MB, 440x248)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB GIF
>>1927013

>favorite NPC: Lassiter killmatic, Braddock 9mm
>worst NPC: Jaime Sue, .38 special, steyr aug
>>
>>1927452
>hating on the Jamie Sue
for what purpose? It's the only gun in the game that can oneshot things other than the flaming gimps in Grout's manor
>>
File: vampyr.webm (2.92 MB, 1200x500)
2.92 MB
2.92 MB WEBM
Vampbros, are there any other games that fill the VMTB void atmosphere wise?
I know Bloodlust series tried to be an ultra low budget VTMB or something
>>
File: vamp.png (401 KB, 515x566)
401 KB
401 KB PNG
>>1919871
>>1913424
What are the best Choice of games?
There seem to be so many of them, preferably the biggest ones with most reactivity/choice&consequence
>>
>>1927501
Pretty much the two vampire ones and the one about ruling your own kingdom. The rest are really gay.
>>
File: vampire knight feels.png (803 KB, 2794x1514)
803 KB
803 KB PNG
What are the best mods that add new content/more quests to VTMB?
>>
>>1928144
Clan Quest Mod is the best one, adds a bunch of new quests and a whole Sabbat hub+questline. There's also the Prelude mod that's all new content which is okay, lets you play as a hunter for a bit. Antitribu adds new clans to play as which is pretty cool, but it makes a lot of changes to the base content levels that usually makes them worse which is a common issue with most VtMB mods.
>>
>>1928188
None of these are dumb enough to give any experience points, right? The amount you get in the base game is perfect and any more would make you character OP
>>
>>1927485
The first Devil May Cry and American McGee's Alice have a lot of similarity with VtMB's atmosphere. All of them are some kind of gothic horror, with some humor, and good soundtracks with industrial influence. They're both just action games though and don't have vampires, but I don't think we'll really get another vampire RPG that can match up to Bloodlines so those are your best bet.
>>
>>1928216
I haven't played it in a while but from what I remember doing the Sabbat questline kind of replaces Chinatown a bit, so it's not like all the extra XP gets added on top. You don't get very much XP if any for every other quest added to the already existing hubs either.
>>
>>1927485

Image source?
>>
File: rememberblogia.png (62 KB, 717x364)
62 KB
62 KB PNG
>>1927501
Vampire ones or in general? Night Road is the only VTM one for now and while it is pretty decent I wouldn't exactly call it good. Haven't played Choice of Vampires, but from what I've heard it's pretty bad, as is often the case with their older games.
If we're talking about their games (Both the Choice of Games and Hosted Games brand) in general, Tin Star is regarder as somewhat of a classic, a very big western with lots of different paths to take. Choice of Rebels: Uprising is a big game with lots of c&c about starting a rebellion against a blood mage empire, dragged down somewhat by a very long band managment section and by being the only released part of the series for now. Fallen Hero: Rebirth is a top tier mentally ill telepath experience.
Personal favorite is the Dragoon Saga(Sabres of Infinity, Guns of Infinity and the in-development Lords of Infinity) though. You're playing as a dragoon officer in a fantasy preudo-Napoleonic era. Very solid writing that improves with each game, interesting characters, great worldbuilding and good c&c, best warcrime simulator ever 10/10 would kill litlle girls for my country again.
>>
File: vampyre.webm (2.94 MB, 1920x800)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB WEBM
>>1928276
Blood Vessel

>>1928301
In general is fine, thanks for the suggestions.
>>
>>1902199
So I have decided to finally give this game a go, lads. It looks cool and I have been hearing people gush over it for well over a decade.

What are the essential mods/patches for playing in 2021?
>>
>>1928320
Unofficial patch, dont go for the unofficial patch plus just use the lite version which is the bugfixes only
>>
>>1928475
>dont go for the unofficial patch plus
Not that anon but why not? Doesn't Plus add in cut content and restore the game to the devs original vision?
>>
>>1928501
That's what it claims to do but it just adds in a ton of custom content of questionable quality and makes a bunch of random changes that have nothing to do with restoring unused content. It's basically just a custom content overhaul mod now and a lot of it isn't good. It's okay if you're replaying the game and just want something else but definitely not for your first time and I think vanilla is better anyway.
>>
>>1928320
>>1928475
>>1928501
>>1928514
Use Clan Quest Mod 4.1. It adds tons of fun content and incorporates a decent version of the Unofficial Patch
>>
>>1928518
I like the Clan Quest Mod but I don't think it should be used for someone's first time playing. The game had a lot of care put into its atmosphere and I think it should be experienced at least once without being messed with.
>>
File: lettow.png (632 KB, 921x975)
632 KB
632 KB PNG
>>1928301
I'm surprised it has art for the characters.
Do all their recent Choice Of games have it as well or just Vampire?
>>
>>1928501
not for first time playthrough
>>
>>1928319
Thanks mate!
Is it any good?
>>
>>1928613
Personally I found it had potential to be a lot better, but the vampire design is great and it's all makeup/practical effects.
I'd say it's worth a watch if you like vampires, just don't expect it to be amazing.
>>
>>1928301
>Choice of Robots not quite autistic enough but still ok
>Choice of Rebels: Uprising underwhelming start but otherwise good
>Dragoon Saga
>Mecha Ace hands down best Choice of game
>Fallen Hero: Rebirth good but too many /r9k vibes and it gets worse in sequel
What else? It's like trying to find pearls in jugs full of shit
>>
>>1928579
Just VTM, since it has at least something resembling a budget. Choice of Games only have art when the author is willing to spend money to commission it or is an amateur artist himself, like in Dragoon Saga
.>>1929342
Tally Ho and Jolly Good are pretty great if you like lighthearted comedy about master-servant shenanigans.
War for the West is very often recommended and while the writing isn't especially compelling, it's one of those few CoG games that resemble an actual game.
>>
>>1927013
favorite: Strauss and Beckett
least: not sure, Velvet or Damsel
>>
>>1927460

the aim swaying was too much for me. I prefer bulletstorms anyhow
>>
>>1912187

>max unarmed
>max ranged
>max appearance
>aquire heavy leather suit
>VTM:Matrix edition

Only that I'm no computer freak, more like a dark sibyl of sorts.
>>
At the time this game was announced everyone was suspicious of hardlab suits, after avellone declaration I am certain that they are shit and probably are using the ip to laundry money
>>
Any Old Word vampirekino?
>>
>>1929564
this, would love to see obsidian do it but after Outer Worlds, ehhh
>>
File: snek drinking water.gif (3.63 MB, 320x400)
3.63 MB
3.63 MB GIF
>play night road
>be tremere
>take set blood
>can now turn into a giant snake
Holy shit. FUCK YEAH
>>
Why do all vampires in VTMB look like utterly pale corpses if that's an obvious masquerade violation and they can appear to look living?
>>
>>1929723
Because pale people are like 90% 10/10s?
>>
>>1929743
There's a difference between pale and living and the blueish/greenish corpse like vamps of VTMB
>>
>>1929863
The Masquerade stops where my fun begins :)
>>
>>1929723
looking alive is a constant blood drain. they can supernaturally enhance their appearance in other ways and vtmb was set with a weird goth night world so it's not that weird.
>>
>>1929370
Tried War for the West and it's very meh. Better to hop on /qst.
>>
Why did God curse Caine with literal superpowers
>>
>>1930004
maybe i'm talking shit, but i thought he only cursed him with having to drink blood for eternal life, while the superpowers came from a different source afterwards
>>
>>1930004
god wanted caine to live forever to contemplate his sin and eventually repent for it. he never does because he's a huge cunt. iirc in some apocalypse scenario god brings abel back and the first thing caine does is murder him again.

he got the other magic powers from dicking around with lilith and angels.
>>
>>1930004
He only got disciplines after Lilith tried to awaken him as a mage or something like that.
>>
>>1930055
Why did God create Lilith with magical powers
>>
>>1929723
To give a visual clue to you, the player, that you're talking to a vampire. Otherwise you'd have to squint your eyes for fangs every time you talk to someone who isn't Nosferatu.

Most VTM vamps just look incredibly pale (for their skin tone), since they were embraced mere moments after their death. Though weird eyes and tough, grayish skin can happen with poor grooming and low humanity.
>>
>>1930127
He didn't. She got kicked out of Eden for being a shitter and learned magic that she may have gotten from Lucifer (Lilith is an incredibly unreliable narrator so take everything from her perspective with a whole box of salt).

Either way, she did a ritual on Caine to make him "like her" (what Lilith is is extremely unclear), that upgraded him from just a wretched, cursed, immune to death human into a true monster with supernatural powers.

During this time several angels visited Caine and told him to repent now and he could be saved. Every time he told them to fuck off and every time they gave him another curse. Fire, sun, the need to drink blood, etc. After this Caine immediately developed the three physical disciplines, then Lilith taught him with incredible ease Dominate, Presence, and Auspex.

At which point Caine turned into a DBZ character and wouldn't stop power leveling his disciplines. Lilith got so mad he was ignoring her that she dominated him into stopping. This caused them to have a very nasty break-up that Lilith probably still isn't over.

Read the Book of Nod it's filled with insane shit like this.
>>
>>1930127
If she's really a Mage or at least works like one, then she wasn't really created with magic powers, but got them after awakening/ascending i.e. realizing that your belief can literally warp reality.
WoD lore is bit of a mess.
>>
>you will never be a primordial being like Cain or Lilith
>you will never be Antediluvian
>you will never even be born in the golden age of superstition in the Old World where vamps still easily had their way and didn't have to worry about 24/7 cameras, real time streaming etc
>at most you'll be some 11th+ generation imbecile or thin blood
Why even bother?
>>
>>1930444
Doubt you would survive being embraced
>>
>>1930449
>you will never be Awakened
>>
>>1930444
Eh, if anything social media has become a boon to vampires.

Some guy leaks a vampire video, a bunch of Ventrue funded debunkers come out of the woodwork and start criticizing the CGI and pointing out the "telltale" signs of Deepfake technology.

Then the Nosferatu find them and pay them a visit.

Not having truly godlike powers does suck though.
>>
>>1930444
Bullet in head seems like a good solution to your problems
>>
>>1930578
t. consumed by Beast
>>
>>1903050
You don't mean the New York ones, right?
Those were fucking abysmal.
>>
>>1903050
>theres another different vamp game coming out
Last I checked it has preset protags of preset clans/gender aka into the trash it goes
>>
>>1902199
I sure hope so.
Everything they showed looked fucking terrible.

And 5th edition is a huge dumpsterfire as well.
World of Darkness is dead.
>>
>>1929370
Are any of their games horror focused?
Bonus if gothic horror or lovecraftian
>>
I thought Damsel was supposed to be the dumb leftie commie girl who thinks she has everything figured out but you only go along with what she says because she has massive fabric stretching tits
>>
>>1930715
It feels like all the women in VTMB share the same big tits model just like most men share the same swolebro body
>>
File: 1445201381538.png (3.04 MB, 1536x1608)
3.04 MB
3.04 MB PNG
>>1902199
>is it over for us vampbros?
Yeah it's unironically over. The initial hype after the announcement was great, but oh well, guess I'll go back to replaying Bloodlines for the 10th time.
>>
File: diablerie.png (82 KB, 1171x747)
82 KB
82 KB PNG
You... you don't actually indulge diablerie, right?
>>
>>1930703
Haven't actually played either of them, but Heart of the House is gothic and Highlands, Deep Waters is lovecraftian.
>>
>>1930799
Blame Caine's dumb ass for making this the only way for vampires to break their limits on power. Why he would think that making every generation weaker than the previous would prevent the childer killing the sire is beyond me.
>>
>>1930799
>eat an elder
>get cocky from lowering your generation and getting new powers
>a few years later
>get taken over by him
Way too much risk by itself, even disregarding the 'worst crime for a vampire" part
.>>1930804
J-just get Golconda, bro!
>>
>>1930644
tabletop in general is pretty much dead (spiritually)
>>
File: 1598106651075.jpg (122 KB, 2000x1200)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>1930804
doesn't matter either way since God specifically meme'd him into having kids that would kill each other
>>
>>1930853
Why did God leave us...
Isn't He meant to have fucked off elsewhere
>>
File: theobell.jpg (20 KB, 350x490)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>1930799
Where do you think we are?
>>
File: 1616432275069.png (295 KB, 270x427)
295 KB
295 KB PNG
>>1930856
>Why did God leave us
How many saves of The Sims have you abandoned in your life
>>
>>1930842
Golconda is gay and the rewards might be as simple as "be a shitty human again". Fuck that, I'm gonna start by diablerizing a bunch of shitty Sabbat nobody will miss, getting a little bit of generation and some neat extra disciplines... then I go for the elders.
>>
>>1930898
Being stupid about diablery is a quick way to get your ass blood hunted. Keep in mind anyone with Auspex can see the black veins in your aura signaling you diablerized someone.
>>
>>1930910
I'm a 4channer. Clearly if I'm embraced I'll be a Nosferatu and thus have an excuse to not be around other Kindred often enough.

And if we're talking tabletop, lmao just buy the hidden diablerie merit why the fuck is that a thing.
>>
>>1930804
it's probably why I like requiem's take on your blood refining and slowly increasing in potence on its own with time.
>>
>>1930848
You mean just like every other form of media?
>>
Samuel Haight did nothing wrong!
>>
Any other games tried to emulate VTMB besides Bloodlust?
>>
>>1930799
Could you do this? Lettow chopped his head off immediately when Rere got staked in my playthrough.
>>
>>1931026
yea pretty much

>>1931143
no, not really
>>
What vtmb mods let you diablerize
>>
>>1931177
Clan Quest Mod
>>
There's a new Night Road'ish game coming out this year btw. "Parliament of Knives" but you only play as Ventrue, Nossie or Toreador. At least, on release.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1266100

I found out about this on a pirate site. They need get their shit together.
>>
how install free Vamp Bloodline and patches thank you 2021 xxx blondes drinking pepsi
>>
In WoD, are Vamps the only ones that normal people can become? Like the rest are all either born as something or already have the latent ability right?
>>
>>1932903
You can all become sorcerers or mages but probably won't, mage is like an enlightenment eureka moment where you transcend, like what Daniel Jackson did in Stargate to temporarily ascend like the Ancients. Werewolves are born that way, you can all be Wraiths but they suck, and Fae are born that way. So yes it's best if you're a normie to get sired.
>>
>>1932915

what about mymmy or worm or ghost
>>
Where is the latest guide to obtain and install VTMB?
>>
>>1932923

waerwolves come from a Wyrm God and some threads of a woven fabric
>>
>>1916302
'90s level poz was different because it felt like a difference of opinion, now I know full well these guys want me tortured to death
>>
>>1930503
Also Tinder wpuld make feeding piss easy and exceptionally safe. Vamps would just have to worry about Hunters batfishing them.
>>
>>1933263
It's a crying shame that all the recent VTM content has neglected the massive advantages modern tech would give vamps. There's untapped horror angles there.

>Hook up with a chick on tinder way out of your league
>Realize she's a vampire just in time to get away
>Get back home and lock everything
>Less than 20 minutes later a black car pulls up and two guys in black suits knock on your door
>Run out the back
>Make it about a block before a cold, dead hand grabs you by the throat and hoists you up
>Last thing you hear is "You should have turned your location off."

Maybe more terrifying is getting your memory wiped with dominate after and getting turned into a blood doll at some Camarilla elysium.
>>
Mage the ascension > vampire setting
>>
>>1932933
you don't need a guide, just pirate/buy the gog version and you're good to go
you can download the unofficial patch if you want to play the plus version for the restored content, otherwise the base version is included with the gog installation
>>
>>1933441
can you install Clan Quest on top of GOG
>>
What build for Tremere?
I remember getting filtered by the sewer section in Hollywood last time I played since blood magic didn't do shit against those abominations there and you couldn't drink from them to replenish
>>
>>1933441
how do you pirate gog
>>
>>1933467
yes, the way the unofficial patch works is it creates a separate folder within your installation with the required files, so you can either play the base game or the unofficial patch game. Clan quest works in the same way iirc, creates its own folder within the installation so using the right shortcuts you can play whichever version you want

>>1933512
you go to any pirate site
search for vtmb gog
download it
>>
>>1933475
>build for Tremere
Ranged. All three disciplines are great.
>sewer section
Run.
>>
>>1933628
>Ranged. All three disciplines are great.
I had thought going melee was the way since you already had the blood spells for ranged and such
>>
>>1933316
I thought Dominate doesn't really last. Is that a +3 pip ability?
>>
>>1933475
thaumaturgy 1 (blood strike) actually works wonders against the pregnant abominations in the sewers, which are the only hard enemies there anyway, and the geodudes are easier with melee if you time it right. Just make sure to buy some blood packs beforehand

doesn't really matter whether you go ranged or melee with tremere though since you've got thaumaturgy for all the hard parts
>>
>>1933922
Is the chink bitch still a pain without flamethrower?
Can you just melee her?
>>
>>1933922
Yeah, 90% of the enemies in the game can be killed spamming Blood Strike while circlestrafing.
Which is ironic considering that in pen and paper roleplay, Thaumaturgy is fairly useless until 4th dot.
>>
>>1933847
I think it's a three dot, but three dots in a discipline isn't exactly rare. The Camarilla doesn't phone it in where the Masquerade is concerned, anyway.
>>
>>1933203
touch grass
>>
If I vore a tzimisce can I get some of their cool super special powers
>>
>>1934035
Yes, but are you sure you want it? It's possibly a supernatural disease and definitely an extension of their Antediluvian's will.
>>
>>1934054
I mean, being able to shape flesh in such powerful ways is unironically one of the most interesting sounding abilities of all vampire clans as far as I've seen.
I'm guessing they can't use it in some cases otherwise you could make an ugly Nosferatu actually look like a Ventrue and thus bypass their curse/bane for example?

Also
>The Tzimisce Antediluvian, through advanced mastery of Vicissitude, has become a gigantic (miles-long) pseudo-fungal infestation under the tri-state area. Its consciousness is spread across thousands of creatures, and it can form bodies or new selves at will.
Jesus Christ.
>>
>>1934071
Using Vicissitude on a Nosferatu will work temporarily, but their curse will force them to revert painfully, and in some cases worse than before. Keep trying to overcome their curse and you will have a full blown affront to god on your hands after too long.

And welcome to the shit Antediluvians can do. I'm more afraid of the ones we know little to nothing about.
>>
I just started VTMB and when I got to the basement tutorial area where you have to sneak and kill sabbat dudes, Jack's dialogue reset to the beginning, so i tried reloading and the whole game is back to the beginning, which isn't far to redo, but Ithought this game was supposed to be fixed on GOG?
>>
>>1933967
flamethrower doesn't do shit against the chink bitch with the patch iirc
easiest way to take her down is if you have specced into guns and are using the aug, it will melt her pretty fast. With melee or unarmed it's going to be a slog but it's doable if you have the blood packs
>>
>>1934111
did you run it through the desktop shortcut? You can check if you're running the patched version of the game by going in options and I selecting the last tab ("gameplay" I think?), it should say Unofficial Patch x.x or something if you're running the patched game
>>
>>1908470
shovelchad reporting in
>>
>>1933967
You can spam Blood Strike while meleeing and it actually does a ton of damage. If you have enough blood packs it's probably the fastest way to kill her.
>>
>>1934124
>using the aug
explain, I could only get my shots to do chip damage with it. I was thinking the easiest way would be using Celerity/Domination/Hallucination and then unloading with the SPAS-12 on full auto.

This strategy wrecks most other bosses in the game too, but I haven't done enough playthroughs to try it on Ming yet
>>
>>1908470
How do you attract a Tzimisce?
>>
>>1934181
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wnYNTyE4IA
>>
>>1934180
you sure you had high ranged skill while using the aug? It can have high recoil if the stat isn't high enough but when it is it wrecks every enemy in the game in no time. Ming xiao requires a few mags to bring down, just focus on hitting all her tentacles, she takes extra damage there
>>
>>1934187
Yeah, 10 Ranged. I didn't shoot at the tentacles, mind you, because doing so creates a clone and the fight is already enough of a pain in the ass with just one of them
>>
>>1934187
>but when it is it wrecks every enemy in the game in no time.
It depends. In the vanilla game, the Lassiter Killmatic actually does more damage than the AUG. I think the plus patch changes the damage values to make the AUG do more damage, but in the vanilla game the AUG is more like a moderately damaging gun mainly used for pseudo sniping with the zoom while the Killmatic should be your main damage dealer.
>>
What's the point in worrying about Camarilla, Sabbat, Gehenna, Antediluvians, Jyhad, Methuselah etc when the Technocracy can just but snap a finger and instantly delete you from the fabric of existance?
>>
File: Vlad.png (900 KB, 602x939)
900 KB
900 KB PNG
Reading Dracula lore and he seems to rival even the main character of VTMB as far as special powers
>brilliant and brutal general
>outwits both Sabbat and Camarilla as human
>special power allows him to have all advantages of a Ghoul but avoid Blood Blond
>captures and drinks vampires left and right as human
>supposed to be a chosen one with some destiny
>dabs on Camarilla left and right by commiting violations that would make even LaCroix's giganigga general blush
>still alive in modern nights
Either that or the vampires of those olden times were shitty
>>
>>1934206
That's like worrying that the other stars in the galaxy might explode and wipe out our solar system. Technocracy has better things to do than fuck around with bipedal leeches.
>>
>>1934226
Any lovecraftian tier threats in the World of Darkness?
By that I mean alien but highly powerful and hostile entities from beyond the stars that seem to worm their way into human affairs whenever the stars align
>>
>>1934230
>how many lovecraftian-tier threats do you want
>WoD: Yes.
>>
>>1934191
in theory you should be able to kill ming with the aug before the clones even come up. Besides, they have very little health so even if one or two spawn you can kill them easily

>>1934193
I know, the change you're talking about it also there in the unofficial patch basic, not just plus. The aug is basically the lassiter damage-wise in the modern versions of the game, and it works well on everything. I think the change happened because you can get the lassiter early in chinatown and trivialise all combat in vanilla, while the aug comes later.
>>
File: 1572022619697.png (226 KB, 500x500)
226 KB
226 KB PNG
>>1908866
>cater to wider """""RPG""""" audience.
no! no fucking normies!
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: The Night Flier.webm (2.94 MB, 848x480)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB WEBM
Nosferatubros...
>>
>>1934575
>that cape
Man, if I was a vampire, I'd be unapologetic as fuck too.
>>
>>1934585
Here's your Sabbat t-shirt and membership pin. We have Black Masses every Friday, every Wendsday we turn humans into furniture. Bring your own bloodpack.
>>
>>1934334
In a sense that medieval fantasy is more approachable, not really talking about design here.
>>
File: 1602601759369.jpg (53 KB, 672x811)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
OH NO NO NO NO
>>
>>1934298
>I think the change happened because you can get the lassiter early in chinatown and trivialise all combat in vanilla, while the aug comes later.
With the way people complain about combat it doesn't seem like a bad thing to offer stronger weapons earlier. Not sure if that was intentional though since the AUG has a zoom function so the lower damage was supposed to balance that out. But you also get the katana in Chinatown which is the strongest melee weapon, except for the Talmahera blade you get later and the only difference with that is it's harder to block while having the same actual damage as the katana.
>>
I want to be in love with Jeanette and Vanessa in real life how to do that how to be with them in real life
>>
>>1934230
The whole things with demons and angels fit that bill, at least in the nWoD from what I know.

There's also that shit with the Wraiths, I think they deal with freaky shit as well (along those lines)
>>
>>1909854
Your birth mother
>>
>>1934230
True Fae
>>
Found these tapes and CD-ROMs throughout the game that I can't sell. What am I supposed to do with them?
>>
>>1936737
Gary gives you some quests through email later where he asks for you to send them to him through the mail, and he gives you posters for your haven in return.
>>
>>1936764
Yeah I've seen the emails, but I've never found the specific tape he mentioned in the first one
>>
>>1936970
You get the swimsuit video in the locked chest in the apartment across from Mercurio's back in Santa Monica. You need 8 lockpicking without blood buff to get it. And you get Tap Hotel or whatever in the theater in Hollywood, in the back area near the stage.
>>
>>1934206
Technocracy is one of the Good Guys(tm) in the old world of darkness. Mage's true antagonists are also the most evil and vile the Nephandi.
>>
>>1908470
The amount of times I've stared down the conspiracy rabbit hole and nearly been sucked in, either Bruhja or Malkavian. YOU CAN'T MAKE ME TAKE THE VACCINE AND TURN ME INTO A GENETIC SHISH KEBAB WHILE YOU HOOK ME UP TO THE 5G NETWORK MOTHER FUCKERS.

>>1910457
>>federal prosecutor aspirant
>>student of the occult
I believe it
>>
>>1937064
Hell, I actually didn't even know the Asian theater had an accessible stage. I always just killed the Gargoyle in the lobby and left.
Looks like I found everything Gary wanted, but I still had a CD left over afterwards, the one signed by Tung. I went and talked to him, but I didn't get any options to question him about it.

Also
>did the quest for Imalia
>see newspaper in her room
>"famous actress caught in threesome with boyfriend and llama"
kek, there goes any guilt I might have felt doing that quest
Don't know how I missed that the first time I did it
>>
>>1910457
Do you guys think Tremere just picks random occultists and hope for the best? There's a reason mages hate Tremere-fags. They steal potential spellcasters away. If you got grabbed by a Tremere vamp, you were probably one step behind casting an actual spell already.
>>
>>1938792
>I still had a CD left over afterwards, the one signed by Tung. I went and talked to him, but I didn't get any options to question him about it.
It's a quest exclusive for Nosferatu fledgings, but the Plus Patch removes this restriction.
>>
>tfw didn't know you could just easily kill the werewolf and just went int hard against him
Good thing I picked Tremere, lost a few times but got him eventually (just)
>>
>>1938970
I wasn't aware there were entire clan exclusive quests
Any others? I've been through 2 playthroughs now and I still never got into a few of the Luckee Star motel rooms or the fish market in Chinatown
>>
When do you start being a cool vampire and not Fetch Quest McGee with not enough numbers to feel like a vampire
>>
>>1938973
That was added in the fan patch, I think. Originally, the section was a horror movie.
>>
>>1939319
There's a way to kill it in the vanilla game, although I don't think anyone would really figure it out their first time because it's more like a puzzle. The plus patch lets you kill it in straight combat for some reason, even though right before that the game is telling you not to even try.
>>
>>1939520
Given the way in which you kill it in the vanilla game, it's bizarre that you can't kill it in straight combat. Pretty sure that guns put out way more PSI than observatory dome mechanisms
>>
>>1939520
Oh yeah, the puzzle thing, I knew about that. But it was immune to damage as far as I remember.

>>1939533
It may have been healing faster than you could harm it with guns. Anyways, I think it was pretty cool to meet a wall like that considering how much of a super powered x-men your character was.
>>
>>1939533
Well some people theorize it's not actually dead, just trapped in the door. If you look at its face after that happens the eyes will occasionally move but can't say if that's intentional or just a bug.
>>
>>1939541
the game unequivocally says "Werewolf killed" as it awards you experience for doing so
>>
>>1939544
It could have been a swearwolf though.
>>
>>1939544
the game also says that you saw nines at grout's mansion
>>
File: 1402552058089.jpg (49 KB, 368x444)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
Well shit,
Idk if I should spend the entire character sheet on dialogue,luck or combat use for a blind playthrough...
>>
>>1940323
There are multiple forced combat sections in the game, especially later on, so completely neglecting combat is a bad idea. You can usually focus on social stuff for most of the first two hubs, but once you get to Hollywood you're going to want to start focusing more on combat.
>>
>>1940326
Thanks for the guide,
guess I'll just upgrade the Wis/Int/Chr stats first then.
>>
>>1940323
don't take Malk for blind playthrough, lot of the stuff will go over your head
>>
>>1940370
>lot of the stuff will go over your head
That's not entirely a bad thing since madness is supposed to be a curse. I really liked my first Malk playthrough, and then replaying as one to see all the little bits of foreshadowing. Not getting it all right away didn't stop me from enjoying Malk first.
>>
>>1909840
Dark Ages is far superior to any nu-WoD (nWoD and 5e) as a setting. Though for mechanics I actually prefer nWoD.
>>
>>1940408
Why is the setting called "The Dark Ages" when it takes place in 13th century and that's waaaaay past the actual Dark Ages period?Some 300 years or so.
Did WW just want an edgy and "dark" title for their Vampire book and went with this one?
>>
>>1913864
>>1913808
I like both VNs, shadows over new york is pretty kino tho

People complaining about the VNs probably never actually plyed the ttrpg
>>
>>1940445
It's just catchier and play on World of Darkness in general. Not to mention it's not like you NEED to set it in the 13th century.
>>
>do tremere quest
>reward is a melee trinket

quitting game now
>>
>>1940728
The Gargoyle quest? If so that's a change made by the plus patch.
>>
>>1940734

no first quest in purple glowing house in downtown
>>
>>1940734
What was the original reward?
>>
a faqing pocket knife?
>>
>>1940744
Oh, the plague quest. Yeah that's still a change by the plus patch then.

>>1940745
For the plague quest Strauss gives you a choice between a bunch of cash or an occult item that doubles the length of your Blood Buff. Not sure why that would be changed to a melee bonus item which won't be useful for every character.
>>
Melee Tremere is the best way to play
>>
>>1928216
You do get some extra XP from some of the quests added by CQM, and there are some extra humanity gains/losses from some quests.
Honestly I wasn't too fond of it, I played through it with a Malkavian and a lot of the new content is poorly written, poorly voiced, poorly implemented, poorly integrated into the world, and/or just doesn't fit. And the extra Malkavian quest is gated behind a high Computer check so I missed out on it with that character... The base game is already very tight so it's hard to add to it in a seamless way.
>>
>>1940784
>The base game is already very tight so it's hard to add to it in a seamless way.
That's why I like CQM with just the basic version of the Unofficial Patch so all that stuff is minimal, but you get the new Sabbat hub instead of trying to redo the base game. The actual clan quests themselves aren't too great which I agree with, but I thought the Sabbat hub wasn't too bad.
>>
>>1902199
Is there a way to diablerize in the CQM without going sabbat ending? I want to eat VV and Ash
>>
how do I kill Skelter?
>>
>>1937064
>You need 8 lockpicking without blood buff to get it.
you can use bloodbuff in an elysium if you trigger it while lockpicking instead of before
>>
>>1940885
call him a nigger
>>
>>1931154
yes you can do it, idr what the pre-reqs are though, i just know that I did it
>>
>>1940924
Did you fail some checks?
>>
>pick female Tremere
>choose lesbian (want to see if they'd have 2 different Tremere models or not)
>sire is a Ventrue model
weird
>>
>>1940949
Is this some shit added in the recent Plus Patch or something? For no fucking reason?
>>
>>1940894
Huh, I thought I remembered being able to use Blood Buff with it a long time ago but wasn't able to do it again and just assumed I remembered wrong. Using it during the lockpicking worked though.
>>
>>1940962
Yes. There's an added history that just says "homosexual" and the description is something like "humans are bigots, maybe vampires won't b...". It's pretty funny because of how bad it is. They really should've just focused on restoring actual unused content because most of the custom stuff they try to add in like that is extremely far below the quality of the actual game.
>>
>>1940936
no
>>
File: vampire with a soul.webm (735 KB, 576x324)
735 KB
735 KB WEBM
>>1941009
>>1940962
>>1940949
I remember there were backgrounds like "boy crazy" and "lady killer" in a mod I played years ago.
Also,
>sire is a Ventrue model
Probably so you wouldn't be sired by your twin.
>>
File: history.png (847 KB, 1906x778)
847 KB
847 KB PNG
>>1941032
The character histories are in the game by default, but supposedly disabled because they weren't balanced. I think you can just enter "vchar_edit_histories 1" into console to re-enable them. These are all the sexual ones and how it changes things.
>>
>>1941084
>voyeur website model
foresaw the rise of only fans, huh?
>>
>>1941032
>I remember there were backgrounds like "boy crazy" and "lady killer" in a mod I played years ago.
Yeah, but those backgrounds actually give you some mechanical benefits. That was the entire point of the backgrounds and they were supposed to be in the vanilla game, but were cut for time. The "Homosexual" one gives you fuck all. It's just... there. And it's created specifically for the Plus mod for no fucking reason. Doesn't Wesp have better things to do?
>>
File: Pill Bottle.jpg (319 KB, 1272x1024)
319 KB
319 KB JPG
>>1941143
That's not the only cultural phenomenons this game predicted.
>>
>>1941143
Do you think those things didn't already exist 20~ years ago?
>>
>>1941148
he doesn't, he's just milking his mod because it gets him unending love and status in his little corner of the internet. when avellone namedropped him in his vtmb2 article he must have come in his pants.
>>
>>1934217
well he is kinda THE vampire so they had too make him special. you can't just have dracula himself be some averaga 6th gen
>>
>>1940323
remember too play malkavian first so that you can truly feel the curse
>>
>>1941536
I am still surprised that WW haven't yet retconned him to be an OC Tzimisce. Because that's clearly what he's supposed to be and this entire clan is blatantly based on Dracula. But it was created a few editions after Dracula made his way into the VtM books, so Vlad is simply this weird Tzimisce that doesn't like Vicissitude,
>>
>>1941151
is it true that you could just buy estrogen like that in America? from what I have heard online it's supposedly quite hard too get it nowadays.
>>
>>1941558
well Tzimisces no longer start with any visscisitude abilities so he's just a tzimisce who went for Protean powers instead of Visscisitude.
>>
>>1941566
>well Tzimisces no longer start with any visscisitude abilities
Is that a V5 thing? I refuse to acknowledge that V5 exists. I remember that you don't have to allocate any points in your chosen Discipline in V20/Revised, but IIRC Tzimisce *have* to pick Vicissitude at some point, because that's kinda their secondary curse. Although I haven't played VtM tabletop for ages, so I might be wrong.
>>
>>1941032
>not being a Tremere country club lothario
>>
>>1941572
V5 tzimisce get Protean. Visscisitude is basically portrayed as a perversion of Protean that the Tzimsce learned. the mechanics of the ability has also been balanced pretty well.
as for a secondary curse I am pretty sure you can get stains from using vissicitude on others. so if you use it too much then you'll start too lose Humanity/path rating.
>>
>>1941764
V5 neutered so many Disciplines it's disgusting
>Vicissitude is now just Protean
>Serpentis is now just Protean
>Obeah is now just Fortitude
>Viscerika is now just Fortitude
>Melpomene is now just Presence
>Chimerstry is now Obfuscate + Presence
>Thaumathurgy and Quietus got mashed together into "Blood Sorcery"
>Necromancy, Obtenebration and Thanatosis got mashed together into "Oblivion"
>>
>>1941563
It's a fantasy pawn shop, mate. Also, it's harder to buy now because trannies bought them in bulk and big pharma wants to suppress the supply to squeeze every cent from them.
>>
>>1941793
For the record:
Vicissitude is a series Protean/Dominate amalgams.
Obeah is spreand into Auspex/Fortitude/Dominate amalgams.
Serpentis is mostly Protean, but there's a Presence/Protean amalgam.
I don't think I've seen Visceratika and Melpomene as such yet in any official V5 supplement. Source?
Quietus got spread between Blood Sorcery and Obfuscate.
All the death related discplines that ever existed (includingThanatosis/Deimos/Mortis/Nihilistics) have all been folded into Necromancy (continuing the trend that started in Revised) along with Obtenebration.

I'm really ambivalent about V5' way of dealing with disciplines. There's a lot I like, but the edition's change from Vampirism as lineage with various lines to vampirism as illness with various strains really makes itself felt strongly there, and it contributes in changing the mood of the game a *lot* (thouh in more or less subtle ways), for better and worse.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.