[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (3.36 MB, 1911x789)
3.36 MB
3.36 MB PNG
Are we ever going to get a sequel? The setting deserved better than the undercooked shit we got.
>>
is it worth buying when it gets on sale? Is it social-justice-propaganda-free? I would love to play a proper torment-like reading simulation, but without liberal bullshit disco elysium has.
>>
>>1877718
Tyranny is pretty great desu. With the two dlc packs (pretty sure they're jusy bundled now during sales) it's about 30-35 hours. Interesting lore and a pretty damn good story, too. It's criminal that we'll never see a sequel.
>>
>>1877718
Nah there are women with speaking roles, music and representational art. It is entirely haram
>>
>>1877828
>straw man
if you don't understand the question (and you don't), you shouldn't try to answer it
>>1877718
>Is it social-justice-propaganda-free
I just started playing (about an hour or so) so it's too early to say. The setup is pretty much entirely about a military conquest with no obvious ties to current-year politics. I've seen little if any emphasis on race at all so far, all the conflict involves factions. There's gender equity in combat which has been genre standard since as long as I've played RPGs (late 80s and AD&D).

There's a point in the narration where it explains that only women can own property while only men can captain ships, or something like that. I don't remember the details exactly because it hasn't come up in the game yet.

The story concept is creative and as far as I can tell so far, pure and not undermined by any apparent agenda. The "Fatebinder" role your character starts with is also a pretty cool concept, which both enables your character to start at a low rank and level, but are also in a position where the highest ranking Archons have to listen to you because of who you speak for.
>>
>>1877718
>a proper torment-like reading simulation
read a book nigga
>>
>>1877718
it's mostly what it says on the box; an exploration of tyranny, the people and institutions within it, and how fundamentally broken it all is. there's a pretty good LP over on something awful that breaks it all down, if that place isn't too normie for you. it didn't seem particularly SJW to me, there's no tumblr hair (except the rebel water mage) or gay-for-its-own-sake characters, and the game's decent enough about not shoving its themes and points into your face.
>>
thanks guys, I'll try it then.
>>
>>1877692
>sequel
They should actually finish the game first.
>>
>>1877718
I'd say it's worth getting it on sale. Otherwise, nah, save your cash for something that won't leave you with "damn, I wish there was more of this" on your mind. It has great replay value, and the choices you make during character creation (such as history, his role in the invading army, and so on) actually matter.

As for the SJW part... not really? There's some bullshit here and there - the Overlord in charge of the evil army is (possibly) an incredibly old sorcerer-queen, he's okay with men and women serving him, doesn't care if you're a lesbian or a gay guy as long as you do your work, he exterminated the furries, and for some fluff-related reason only women are allowed to own land while the men own ships. It's some stupid tidbits here and there like that.

Also Graven Ashe best boy.
>>
>>1877718
>Is it social-justice-propaganda-free?
>without liberal bullshit disco elysium has.
Sincerely, why are you people like this? Do you still get any enjoyment out of life?
>>
>>1878019
Why not? What is wrong with you that you enjoy when stories are ruined by propagandists?
>>
>>1878109
What an honest and compelling argument that surely makes me want to engage with you further.
>>
>>1878194
Your post was beyond dishonest lol you are a steaming pile of shit. No surprise from someone going on the offense against people who don't want SJW propaganda in games they play.
>>
>>1878283
Isn’t one of the purposes of art to see things from other perspectives and broaden the range of your human experience? I’m certainly at odds with the ancient Romans politically but I’m still capable of enjoying their art. I reject Mishima’s brand of Japanese fascism but I still appreciate his literature. What I’m afraid of are people who refuse to engage with works by people different than themselves, even those they might consider to be their enemy.
>>
>>1877718
pathetic incel lol
>>
>>1877718
Look at who developed it & then ask again. It's woke to the brim. There are even certain dialogues, when characters start unloading modern feminist vocabulary.
>>
>>1877692
just go play SEQUEL if you are into femdom
>>
>>1877692
Never. Tyranny IP belongs to Paradox
>>
File: 1538278175594.png (708 KB, 640x640)
708 KB
708 KB PNG
>>1878305
But anon, we have to experience the realities of rampant feminism, faggotry and anti-whiteness every day. That's what we'd like a break from.
>>
>>1878407
anti-whiteness is based tho
>>
Reminder
Anarchy > Scarlets > Blues > piss > shit > Rebels
>>
>>1878421
... you hate to admit being a non-conformist that much?
>>
File: 1581116164142.png (94 KB, 210x211)
94 KB
94 KB PNG
>>1878305
based take
>>
>>1878305
>this generic strawman shit
Anon the problem with SJW is that you don't get any interesting perspectives. You get the same trite childish current year narratives forced into every setting.
>>
>>1879607
Tard
>>
On the one hand, it sucks that Act 3 is so short.
On the other hand, it makes it really easy to get different endings by loading a save from the start of act 3.

Big spoiler:
It feels weird and artificial how Tunon will betray Kyros and submit to you if you if he finds you innocent of violating Kypros' law, yet will try to have you killed if he deems you guilty of violating the law of the Tyrant. A handful of sentences, in which he receives only slightly more information (mostly reasoning and justifications) seems really shallow for such a massive swing.
>>
>>1879762
Regarding Tunon:
It's heavily implied that everyone involved in the Tiers conquest is someone Kyros wants to be rid of. Both Archons are not suited for peace-time ruling and, in time, would likely become too ambitious and threaten Kyros's rule with their loyal hordes. Tunon himself is implied to have doubts of his own, even if he doesn't speak of them publicly. If you can prove to him that Kyros's law is full of hypocrisies and contradictions then he has a much easier time letting go of Kyros and his fear of Kyros's wrath, especially since you, being an absolute fucking nobody, have not only survived one Edict but can also freely dispense your own Edicts thanks to the Spire. This all paints Tunon as someone who has known, or at least suspected, that Kyros is not an all-knowing, omnipotent being, but a petty tyrant, and it takes the Fatebinder showing Tunon that Kyros CAN be fought to finally admit this and throw in with the rebellion.

Regarding Kyros:
I don't think Kyros is an all-knowing god. Maybe it's a man, maybe it's a woman, but whatever Kyros is, it's not that bright or that clever and the only solution it offers is to send sacrificial pawns to pronounce Edicts in its stead because, generally, anyone that has proclaimed an Edict has died shortly thereafter. That means Kyros either can't or won't pronounce Edicts because it would also die. And the way Kyros has to carefully word the edicts implies that Kyros does not fully understand this power, or have full control of it. It's logical to infer that Kyros expected the Archons to fail the Edict because the Voices and Graven could not possibly co-exist long enough to make it happen, and the Fatebinder, Tunon, et al would be caught in the blowback.

The only real headscratcher for me is Bledin Mark desu. Unless Bledin Mark also despises/senses Kyros's weakness and is looking for a new master anyway. But that's never directly stated so.
>>
File: 1597938910796.jpg (95 KB, 466x420)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
Im playing this game now, and just reached the second Spire.
I have a bunch of questions:
>Im making a mage warrior, and been using light armor and either spear+shield, and javelin+shield. But now im interesed in using 2h spear. It is worth it? which combo weapon is best?
>Im a Wizard using damage spells but I want to use to buff/support spells. any recommendations in which spells/types should I use?
>Is Verse+Barik+Lantry a good team?
>Besides Healing, should Lantry focus on buffs too, or in debuffs?
>I want Barik to tank, but I think with how armored he is, he could go with 2 handed instead of weapon+shield. Good idea or not?
>Good & constant ways to get money, so I can buy whatever I want without fear of not be capable to buy some stuff during the game?
>Im a mostly loyal servant to Kyros and Turon (im lawful) and went hard for the Disfavored (Fuck Scarlet Chorus niggers). Any advise for the future for what actions and new factions should I support?
>>
>>1877718
Up to you, the game is more interesting conceptually and really drops the ball after first few hours. The combat sections are also noticeably weaker than than the combat sections, but this is a common issue with wRPGs.
>>
>>1878305
>What I’m afraid of are people who refuse to engage with works by people different than themselves
If it's shit, then yeah. Why would you waste your short precious life consuming poison?
>>
>>1877692
No, they're too busy making their Elder Scrolls rip-off.
>>
>>1877692
Unfortunately, a sequel doesn't seem so likely. There was some complicated stuff about Obsidian diverting funding intended for Tyranny's development into their own project (PoE 2). That seems to have soured any future partnerships with Paradox, at least in the foreseeable future. Which is a shame, I think that Tyranny could have been pretty big if it had been longer and more polished.
>>
>>1880287
That was my main team for most of the game and, playing on hard, it works just fine (my character was a mage). I used all the characters a bit, thou, and I think you can make a decent team with any combination of characters, thou.

>Im a Wizard using damage spells but I want to use to buff/support spells. any recommendations in which spells/types should I use?
Dunno if I was doing it wrong, but I just had my mages use all spells that looked interesting/useful. Both had at least 2 healing spells and the rest was spread between damage and buffs/debuffs/CC. I feel like Frost and Lightning are the best cores for damage spells, while stuff like False Pit (Illusion + AoE sigil) was good throughout the entire game. Don't really remember too many combos, been a while.

>Good & constant ways to get money, so I can buy whatever I want without fear of not be capable to buy some stuff during the game?
Eh, money seemed easy to get. After the first 10 or so hours I think I had enough money to get pretty much everything. So much shit to sell if you look around.

>>1881076
>>1879613
>>1879612
>>1878407
>>1878334
>>1878283
>>1878109
>>1877718
cringe
>>
>>1879922
>spoiler for Mark
You can ask him in Anarchy route about his history with Kyros, he'll tell you a coolstory about how he tried to kill him, failed, and became her knife. After that you can tell him "don't you want to try that again", for which he says that you are asking good questions.
But overall, BM is just a very bored old man who just wants to have some fun at last.
>>
>>1881157
Ask me how I know you like sucking cocks and putting weird objects up your asshole.
I just started playing this game and I like it so far, but the way you smoothbrains are responding to a simple question about whether there's propaganda in the game is more than a little concerning.
>>
>>1881752
It's because Tyranny isn't pozzed, dude. The game is pretty focused on its concept and doesn't waste a lot of time dicking around. Maybe Verse can be a little annoying, but that's more to do with her character and background than the fact that she's a woman. Kyros is never given a definitive identity, but that's to illustrate how the Overlord is unknowable. Some call Kyros a he, others swear it's a woman, and others still claim Kyros isn't even human at all. It's actually pretty cool desu.
>>
>>1880287
>Im making a mage warrior, and been using light armor and either spear+shield, and javelin+shield. But now im interesed in using 2h spear. It is worth it? which combo weapon is best?
If you go full magic, you may easily use your fists only. You just annihilate everything until you manage to melee people. Pretty realistic, if you think about it.
You will get more support sigils later. See https://tyranny.fandom.com/wiki/Core_Sigils
A canonical one imo. They're ok, just make sure to unlock special Verse+Barik synergy.
On destruction, you will need it more than debuffs.
>I want Barik to tank, but I think with how armored he is, he could go with 2 handed instead of weapon+shield. Good idea or not?
There aren't really any true tanks in game, if anything a good rogue may be a more decent bulletsponge. On normal you can do whatever.
>Im a mostly loyal servant to Kyros and Turon (im lawful) and went hard for the Disfavored (Fuck Scarlet Chorus niggers). Any advise for the future for what actions and new factions should I support?
Make sure you have Bastard's Wound DLC for a proper Kyrosfag roleplay. I did Dis-Kyros run, if pretty easy to stay on this path despite everything.
>>
>>1881752
>Ask me how I know you like sucking cocks and putting weird objects up your asshole.
>smoothbrains
I'm your bog standard straight white male, but good job projecting your insecurities! 4chan used to be better when not every thread was infested with people obsessed with their pathetic culture war. Get out of this site and your discord or whatever else echochambers for a bit, it'll do your brain some good.
>>
>>1877953
>There's a point in the narration where it explains that only women can own property while only men can captain ships, or something like that.
In one part of the world.
It's also just lifted from one of Wheel of Time's cities (Ebou Dar iirc).
>>
>>1877692
It was alright, think it would benefit from a remake where they expand the last chapter
>>
>>1877718
>is it worth buying when it gets on sale?
no. it is very unfinished
no and it really clashes with the setting
>torment-like reading simulation
it isn't torment like, it is like pillars of eternity, overly drawn out boring trash writing just for the sake of being long-winded
>>
Started game on hardest difficulty
Surprise surprise it's made with bg2 nostalfagia in mind
Basically everything except magic is useless
Would you rather level up you dodge skill and get maybe +30 evasion which makes 0 difference
Or cast a spell and get +200 evasion which actually lets you dodge some blows
>>
>>1881763
If that's the answer, provide the answer, retard. Don't turn it into political shitposting by pretending people bothered by obnoxious current year politics crammed into videogames are the problem.
>>
>>1882540
>Don't turn it into political shitposting by pretending people bothered by obnoxious current year politics crammed into videogames are the problem.
Why are you assuming that I've been in this thread before and that I'm not just a random lurker who decided to answer your question?
>>
>>1882590
That's just how it works here. I figured you were different but it would dilute the point to spend time spoonfeeding. The point is this thread went off the rails because of the hyper-defensive SJWs not the other way around.
>>
File: 1557431884680.png (378 KB, 624x642)
378 KB
378 KB PNG
Fucks sake, can't even make a thread about a video game without political faggots swarming in, to make sure nobody dares think differently than their side, and starting the mandatory left vs right shit flinging contest.
>>
>>1880292
>The combat sections are also noticeably weaker than than the combat sections,
Ummm...
>>
>>1882729
early combat sections are weaker than the latter combat sections, especially once you start getting really fun spells later in the game, it does feel repetitive sure but knocking back a swath of enemies with a force cone and having them prone then following it up with a chained lightning spell is never not satisfying.
>>
>>1882701
>OP specifically asks about SJW bullshit
>anons reply about SJW bullshit
>anon complains about SJW bullshit in threads
no wonder china is kicking your asses, it was nice living under american overlords but i gotta go learn mandarin now
>>
File: 1557550264256.jpg (50 KB, 720x505)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>1882838
I am OP you retard. That's why I said "can't even make a thread". I wanted to talk about video games and literally the first post is some dumbass trying to make sure he won't have to see a gay person, or a woman in charge if he plays the game. Then the leftist dumbasses take offense to that and the shit flinging can start again! What joy. And I'm not even from america, so take you can fuck off with your china obsession.
>>
>>1882894
>first post is some dumbass trying to make sure he won't have to see a gay person, or a woman in charge if he plays the game
You can't even hide your biases you brainwashed piece of shit. YOU are the one who, instead of just answering the fucking question, immediately goes on the offensive and makes it about shitflinging at each other. I wanted to see a good Tyranny thread but yours is fucked and its your own fault, not the pol boogeymen.
>>
>american reading comprehension
>>
>>1882838
You're a genuine retard, how do you not choke on your own spit when you go to sleep at night?
>>
>>1881899
Why react with hostility? Someone can answer the question honestly, and everyone is on their way. Reactions like yours are far more likely to start up a shitstorm. Being able to freely discuss such things is a part of what makes this forum valuable. I think you're being disingenuous.
>>
>>1883482
I feel like you should have your own forum for ascertaining whether games have SJW stuff in them, or you could have a media general thread on /pol/ or something. Reason being, most of us are absolutely sick of seeing politics mentioned anywhere else, and we already do our best to completely ignore it in games. People like you with weak immune systems need a reviewer to take the hit for you, obviously. But by bringing it up here you annoy the majority of us that just want to talk about games and not see fucking politics for a change.

Think about it. If everyone asked for their pet peeves to be cleared about games they're interested in, the whole board would be full of retarded discussions of whether that peeve is truly present etc. As you have managed to do ITT. Maybe people were unreasonably hostile to your question, but I feel I've just explained why you doing so is the greater upset of a hopefully on-topic atmosphere, most of the time.
>>
>>1883492
>weak immune systems
This is a joke right? Immune systems fight off the infection, they don't ignore it. The people you're saying don't belong here -are- the immune system. You're not strong somehow because you can ignore political agendas in games, you're just a cattle-like consoomer.

>Maybe people were unreasonably hostile to your question
It wasn't my question. Your bias is leading you to assume that there are fewer anti-woke anons around here than is the case. You're also projecting your annoyance on to the "majority" of anons, but that is far from a given either. Whether or not a game includes woke tropes IS dicussion of the game, whether you like it or not.
>>
>>1883628
With strong immune systems you don't even notice you encountered a virus. While with weak systems everything hurts, and sometimes the system's response is worse than the stressor.

>You're not strong somehow because you can ignore political agendas in games, you're just a cattle-like consoomer
You're weak if you think this matters at all. It's a fucking game, not an education. You're not getting poisoned whenever fiction makes a mockery of reality. Get into politics or achieve influence through other means. You call me the consoomer while spending your time vetting games about shit that doesn't matter. You SHOULD be mindlessly enjoying games for being good games as relaxation, after exhausting your mind making change in the real world. You're a useful idiot to SJWs and playing by their rule book "everything's political".

>You're also projecting your annoyance on to the "majority"
Look how many replies you got. Most of them are annoyed or laughing at you.

All you need is a website that rates entertainment politics the same way parents use age appropriateness ratings. It probably already exists. Either way, it's as dumb as someone asking the age rating in a thread.
>>
>>1883492
>most of us
Who are those "us" you are speaking for?
>>1883628
This game is woke to the brim, it's not even up for discussion. Curious why the woke crowd fear the word "woke" so much though?
>>
>hey tunon, is kyros a boy or a girl
>YOU HAVE GAINED WRATH WITH TUNON
>"oy vey how dare you assume xir gender i should have you executed for mansplaining right now"
>later in the game
>on trial for doing my job
>"fatebinder, why are you so quiet all the time? it makes women feel uncomfortable"
>well sir, i like to sit and watch people argue until one of them breaks the law
>"[TUNON WRATH 2] oy vey thats not an excuse for misogyny, string him up"

this game sucks
JTQNR
>>
>>1881899
>Hello fellow straight white males
>4chan used to be better
baka, gb2reddit
also dilate
>>
>>1884091
>you don't even notice you encountered a virus
And the virus is fought off. Which is not the case in your stupid analogy. Rather, you have the discrimination equivalent of AIDS, letting the virus ravage everything and the reason you don't notice/care is because you're content with your
consoomption dopamine hits.

You're the only anon who's replied to me until >>1884105 who agrees with me.

>doesn't think entertainment shapes people
>doesn't think most choices in life have political consequences
You're either colossally ignorant or a very obvious gaslighter. I'd guess the latter.
>>
>>1884105
>call a woke a woke and see him recoil: "I've been found out!"
>>
The game had a few woke moments, but it also had shit like a male Scarlet Chorus member telling a woman he'd chop her limbs off and keep her as a fuckdoll.
>>
>>1877692
Probably not, I don't think it sold too well. Speaking of undercooked, why the fuck is nearly every obsidian game unfinished?
>>
>>1884196
Because they've been getting away with it so far.
>>
>>1884198
lol, they don't have a publisher to blame all their failures on anymore
>>
>>1883492
>If everyone asked for their pet peeves to be cleared about games they're interested in, the whole board would be full of retarded discussions
anon, I...
>>
>>1884196
They get overly ambitious and then, when they realize that they are quickly running out of budget/time they just slap together ending and claim its finished
Like chapter 2 was quite tight, I especially liked the baby dilemma and but then came act 3 when you are proclaimed an archon and Ashe/Voices just says "Ayo my man, just go and kill my rival" and that's it, we don't even build up the attack on the main stronghold or anything, hell the whole hyped up edict mechanic barely had time to be used because of how short the whole chapter was
>>
>>1878003

Also, Kyros doesn't like to be compared to the usual evil overlord empire where the men get to rule some debauchee magical realm where all the women are nothing more than cock socks. It spreads out the sexual violence evenly unlike a JRPG evil overlord where the orcs and greenskins kill all the men so the survivng evil overlord's men get access to an all you can fuckfest.
>>
>>1878194
Get the fuck out faggot
>>
>>1878305
Engaging with diverse opinions and expression follows the same principles as all other media: it has to be of quality. In recent years I dare say we have all experienced a trend where quality has been replaced with hamfisted politics, which is probably not the case with the examples you listed. We can all appreciate the beauty of the sisteenth chapel or the representational grace of Miro's Woman, but I don't see much value in a woman on her period in a cage screaming about patriarchy or LGBTQ rights and acceptance. The vidya equivalent of the first examples would be something like Rapture, and I enjoyed all versions of that greatly. In more recent years we have seen more games like the latter examples, such as prototype 2 or lesbian walking simulators. These types of games have eschewed quality and player enjoyment in favour of pushing some very clear politic tones. This impacts everything from story to mechanics negatively.
>>
>>1886509
You can actually just go to Tunon and tattle that since that's clear violation of Kyros' will. Though I was a retard and ended up killing them both.
>>
>>1887857
>ended up killing them both
Good riddance I say
>>
Im at the second Act, and about to go to Sentinel Post after getting the Relic to open it.
Thing is is that I have gold, and Im thinking of buying stuff. But most stuff is either Heavy armor (And Barrik still have its armor), and the Light armor I find is few, and not sure about stats.
Im a Wizard with using Spears (2H or 1H) as back up, while team is Verse focused on melee, and Lantry.
Should I buy anything at all, or what do I get on the way is enough?

Also, is there any point for all the food & ingredients I get?
>>
>>1878305
One day we will shut your lying mouth
>>
>>1888338
just save your money for when you can upgrade gear
>>
just started the game and idk what to do bros. who's more based? should i side with disfavored or scarlet chorus?
>>
I don't get why Bledin Mark will attack you on Tunon's command given he has no loyalty to basically anyone. If I've already killed Nerat and Ashe and I'm casting fucking edicts, why wouldn't he just tell Tunon to stuff it?
>>
>>1889624
Anarchy. Fuck them both.
>>
>>1889624
Scarlet chorus is bullshit choice. Only sensible paths are disfavored or rebel.
>>
>>1890070
what? Tunon sided with me even before Bleden appeared. And he basically said that he has to kill me on orders from Kyros.
>>
Best spell creation system in years
>>
>>1890947
Most overrated that's for sure
>>
>>1890962
T. He never experienced the joys of watching a double firewall jump between a crowd of enemies and obliterating them all.
>>
File: 1626115535448.jpg (84 KB, 800x450)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>1891050
>easy mode broken mechanics
>good
pick one
>>
File: index.jpg (100 KB, 1200x675)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>Mind controller
>"Oh yeah, tee-hee, I almost told the Overlord to kill itself, he sent me here instead of killing me outright because of just how scared he was of my amazing power."
>Everyone constantly keeps reminding you about how she's just so powerful and strong and how grateful they are she's around.
>Almost always framed as being in the right; options to oppose her limited to either being threatening without actually addressing why she's wrong or giving a pathetic UN-style "m-mind control is bad, but that's okay if you want to continue."

I know the Greek-inspired Iron Age setting is cool and under-used, but how can anyone recommend this game in good faith without mentioning this mind-boggling fanfic tier bullshit in it? Was she a voice-actress' DnD character they decided to forcibly insert or something?
>>
>>1890070
Bleden Mark wants to kill you anyway.
Fucker was sending me hate mail telling me how much he was going to enjoy killing me long before the fight.
>>
>>1891104
The whole arc of her character is getting her to admit that she isn't all that. She has to use her powers to make people like her and she was sent out there because she was an ass pain, not because she actually threatened the Overlord.
If you work through her arc she'll tell you all this.
>>
>>1878003
Nah, that's for the southern landers which you're subjecting. Basically the rebels are the women strong faction. Kyros believes in equality.
>>
>>1882503
ywnbaw subhuman
>>
>>1884139
go back to discord with your troon friends you hysteric faggot
>>
Im a Tunon follower, but altough I respect his opinion of still keeping Barrik inside his armor; I want to release him of his iron cage.
Will I get fucked irreversible by Tunon/Kyros if I finish Barrik Quest? And will Barrik like that I release him out of the armor?
>>
>>1894622
I remember freeing Barrik and things turned out fine. There might be a speech check you need to pass to keep Barrik, though. Or did it check decisions you've made so far to see if you were friends? I honestly forget.

My best advice is to just do what feels right. If you want Barrik free, then free him. Consequences - both good and bad - are what makes the game yours and not mine.
>>
File: uI4WWKc.png (404 KB, 808x798)
404 KB
404 KB PNG
>>1877692
Playing the Fatebinder was so much fucking fun. I want to judge more and throw the weight of the court around more and bully Chorus rats MUCH more.
>>
Spells are so super strong I went 4 casters on the max difficulty and never regretted it for a second.
>>
>>1894676
I know right? I wish more RPGs would put you into interesting scenarios and positions like that, instead of being a blank slate nobody with no past, or allegiance to speak of.
>>
File: tyrannykino.jpg (140 KB, 1200x900)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>1894720
>>1894676
I roleplayed an uneducated slave/pit fighter who clawed his way into a leadership role through sheer force of will and merciless savagery. The other factions constantly underestimating his intelligence only to get BTFO by superior tactics was kino.
>>
>>1894720
>>1894728
Pit Fighter start is great. For all its many flaws, if there's one thing the game nailed, it's establishing your own protagonist within the world.
>>
>>1894676
This.
Making judgments in hard cases was the best part, especially if 'right' conflicts with your interests with a faction.
>>
>>1878019
>Sincerely, why are you people like this?
Because of people like you.
>Do you still get any enjoyment out of life?
More than you, I'd wager.
>>
File: file.png (1.85 MB, 1680x1050)
1.85 MB
1.85 MB PNG
The spell system reminded me a lot of Freedom Force which I love.

Shame that franchise died.
>>
>>1877718
yes. not 100% but it's not ruining the game like Pathfinder. You will enjoy it.
>>
>>1882701
>>1882894

China is a threat to everyone, cuck. Wake up.
>>
>>1877692
They could do another game in the same world parallel to the events of the the first, but the number of endings make a direct sequel pretty much impossible.
>>1877718
Kill yourself.
>>
>>1878019
>not wanting to be bludgeoned by views you disagree with is a bad thing
Kek, I bet you'd be reeeing if a game was full of nationalism, strict gender roles, and traditional values.
>>
>>1878305
>Isn’t one of the purposes of art to see things from other perspectives and broaden the range of your human experience?
No.
>>
>>1878306
>lefties with sub-replacement reproduction rates call healthy dissenters with above-replacement rates incels
wut
>>
>>1899077
Funnily enough left-wingers are actually on average more physically fit.
https://journals.sagepub.com/stoken/rbtfl/aQgdXL1bx/R8k/full
>>
>>1881763
>that old lady wizard who spends the entire game putting men down
>>
>>1881899
>standard straight white male
No healthy person talks like this.
>>
>>1882701
No one cares about you ambivalent types.
>>
Really funny to check on this thread a week after my first post (>>1878003) and /pol/lies are still... What's the word you unoriginal douches use? Coping?

>>1899060
I'm not completely autistic, so no, I really wouldn't. Feel free to recommend any games like that, might be interesting.

>>1897971
>doesn't even know me

>>1887289
No.

>>1884150
I don't think men can do that, but cheers.

>>1899108
Besides my controlled bronchitis I'm fairly healthy, thanks. That sentence was in jest, I can't be white because I'm south american.

>>1883482
I don't know man, I think this one is on the dishonest /pol/tards making sure the thread is shitty from the second post.
>>
>>1899121
I'm so sorry >>1878003, you're not me. That's me >>1881899. Guess I really am retarded, sorry /pol/.
>>
>>1883492
>most of us are absolutely sick of seeing politics
Most of us seem to be arguing
>different beliefs/values exist.
>expects them to vanish when people make posts
People care about things. Get over it.
>>
>>1899104
>reading comprehension: zero
>In studies conducted in Argentina, Denmark, and the United States, men with greater upper-body strength more strongly endorsed the self-beneficial position: Among men of lower socioeconomic status (SES), strength predicted increased support for redistribution; among men of higher SES, strength predicted increased opposition to redistribution.
>Does upper-body strength influence support for economic redistribution in men? Yes. As predicted, for men of high SES, the correlation between strength and support for redistribution was negative, whereas for men of low SES, the correlation was positive
Read your sources, faggot.
>>
>>1899121
>literally lies about being white on the internet
>mass reply
>claims to be healthy
Plz delet urself
>>
>>1899060
Tyranny has all of those you flaming retard.
>>
File: Tyranny_World_Map.jpg (905 KB, 1650x1119)
905 KB
905 KB JPG
>>1899121
As the guy who originally said you suck dicks, allow me to clarify that sucking dicks is a homophobic insult and in this case it means you are a bland-as-fuck NPC consumer whose entire sociopolitical outlook comes from passive absorption of propaganda from mass media, social media, and the safest blue boards on 4chan. Sorry if you didn't pick on on that subtext.
> I think this one is on the dishonest /pol/tards making sure the thread is shitty from the second post.
That post got mostly honest, straightforward answers. The only shit-flinging came from dumbass SJWs buttmad that the question was even asked. You either engaged in snarky straw-manning (>>1877828) or lazy personal attacks (>>1878306, >>1878019, >>1878306)
>>
>>1899260
And they're all treated as bad. Meanwhile, npcs bludgeon the player with progressive politics and go on diatribes if you don't play along.
Now imagine a game where diversity, tolerance, feminism etc. were treated as bad, while the npcs and meta praised nationalism, patriarchy, etc. with complete sincerity.
>>
>>1899060
You should really avoid trying to make assumptions like this. You don't really understand the problem, at least not well enough to articulate it. SJWs have no problem depicting any of those things. The devil is in the details. That's why posts like >>1877828 are equally stupid. There's the assumption that the "anti-SJW" crowd want some kind of specific X or not having X. Like, "female protagonist? Must be SJW!" That's not how it works. That's how most idiots on videogame boards talk about it, because most people who play a lot of videogames aren't really in touch with politics or intellectual movements (more like anti-intellectual in the case of SJW) .

There won't ever be a case where you can put a list of one-word "things" that are present or absent in a game and decide whether that means the game has propaganda or not. It's all in the manner of presentation and the baked-in assumptions about truth.
>>
>>1877692
>game revolves around being evil
>you can't rape anyone
Two possibilities: either the developers lied about their game, or they don't believe that rape is an evil act. Which one is it?
>>
>>1899378
The evil thing was just a marketing ploy. The game is about being a high ranking officer in a totalitarian regime, during a conquest.
>>
>>1899358
>missing the mark this much
SJWs get uppity over games not being anti-racist enough, or the private beliefs of devs. They would lose their minds if a game sincerely presented sexual impurity as sinful, or nationalism as better than tolerance.
>writing entire paragraphs because he wrongly extrapolated the message of a 1 sentence post
This may be the dumbest, most assumption-ladened post I've ever seen.
>>
>>1899293
All you're doing is proving you've never played the game. Good job.
>>
>>1899451
Or that you don't understand it.
The entire premise of Tyranny is that it's a parody, meant to criticize nationalism and such things. For instance, the nationalism and devout obedience of the disfavored is a spoof, which is consistently depicted as a flaw which leads them to make mistakes. The dialogue from the disfavored is very supportive of their beliefs, but on a metalevel it is written such that it is always conveying the message that they're misguided (see Space Troopers for an example of similar writing). Barik is the clearest example of this parodying. The entire setting is deliberately designed to make these criticisms. Meanwhile, progressive politics fly under the radar.
>>
>>1899293
It literally doesn't you halfwit.
>>
>>1899580
>NOOO YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND IT'S ACTUALLY A PARODY!!!!
This is the weakest cope in this whole thread.
>>
>>1899419
chill
>>
>>1899580
Tyranny is a parody the way Judge Dredd comics are a parody of authoritarianism.
They fucking aren't. Take your meds, schizo.
>>
>>1899274
Only one of those posts you linked is me. Try to guess which one, you'll get a prize!

>>1899158
How do I do that?
>>
>>1877692
No
>>
>>1899597
>>1899755
The cope is all yours. Tyranny's selling point is explicitly that you're playing as the bad guy. You'd be beyond retarded to claim that Tyranny is trying to sincerely represent the viability of the disfavored/chorus/etc. beliefs and values.
>>
Noah Caddy Gervase's vid on Tyranny is very comfy.
>>
>>1901248
>Noah Caddy Gervase's
I appreciate the low-fi aesthetic he had going on, but did he ever get a decent fucking microphone? Lorerunner also has his head up his own ass but at least he improved his setup.
>>
>>1901257
Nah his audio quality is still jank as shit.
>>
How do I reach the remaining rooms on Bastard Wound Ancient Walls in the Abyss? I mean about the upper north room with a teleporter, and the the south-west room closed by a door.
And what about the big north-center room from Darkened Hollows?
>>
>>1891104
She's massively insecure. Her posturing is just that. Funnily enough, you fell for it
>>
Parody and pastiche are meaningfully distinct concepts.
>>
>>1877692
>Are we ever going to get a sequel?
The rights are owned by Paradox and Microsoft owns Obsidian, so no.
>>
>>1894720
That's one thing I dislike about a lot of RPGs. There's a stubborn refusal to allow a player to actually join a faction, only to ally with them.
>>
>>1899274
You sound mad, eunuch.
>>
File: yep.jpg (34 KB, 426x257)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>1900828
>>
Havent finished it, but I love the magic system so much.
Any other games with similar magic system?
And about Tyranny....any good spell combination recommendations?
>>
>>1904507
It's an ARPG, but try Two Worlds 2. I think the magic there is even better.
>>
>>1900828
So your saying that it praises the society with segregated gender roles over equality as we are playing as the "bad guys".
Or do you completely lack critical thinking skills?
>>
>>1905391
which society is that, anon? the beastmen matriarchy? the rebel nations, with their >50% female-led armies, whose companion representative is rabidly progressive? remind me which society is patriarchal and presented as superior for it.
>>
File: 1622993716091.gif (185 KB, 351x352)
185 KB
185 KB GIF
I finished the game as a Loyal Kyros Fatebinder.
I expected a worse cliffhanger...but it still hurts, anons.

Altough in the end I enjoyed the game. It have its flaws, but its strenghts make for it.
And with not being that long, and with many secondary quests not being very important; Then doing more than one playthroughs would be good to do.

In resume, this games deserved more than Pilars of Eternity.
>>
>>1905429
>the rebel nations, with their >50% female-led armies
Remember that they were trashed in a year by Northern Empire, lead by male generals, and only place "left standing" is Stalwart that is ruled de iure by male king and de facto by male resistance leader.
Game pretty strongly presents that female military and leadership is not a good idea in practice.
>>
>>1905870
Did you play it with Bastard's Wound? I heard it makes the loyalist path better. I remember playing it on release and the game turning me into a rebel against Kyros at the end. I was very confused.
>>
>>1905870
>I finished the game as a Loyal Kyros Fatebinder.
Having done the three main paths, I still feel it's the best ending.
>>
>>1905898
It's funny how many people claim this is an SJW game where the nations with the most SJW policies were conquered very quickly by the non-SJW ones.
>>
>>1906066
>what is a victim narrative
Progressives love being portrayed as the underdog, the weakling, the defeated.
>>
Was this the game that was supposed to be loosely inspired by Glen Cook's Black Company novels? Those books fucking ruled
>>
>>1906103
I'm a literal socialist and I conquered the shit out of those hippies. It's your victim complex and schizophrenia that make you see fucking video games as personal attacks against your worldview.
>>
>>1906164
I can't speak to this particular game, but recognizing the prevailing progressive zeitgeist in Western culture doesn't make anon a schizo.
>>
>>1907147
No your just trying to pull a victim narrative yourself, refusing to acknowledge that not everything is complete shit.
>>
File: croaker.jpg (167 KB, 1024x1300)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
>>1906108
>Was this the game that was supposed to be loosely inspired by Glen Cook's Black Company novels?
Weirdly enough I just bought the Black Company on Audible yesterday and listening to it I couldn't help but think of Tyranny and its depiction of the Disfavored. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Tyranny (or parts of it) was inspired by the Black Company.

Also:
>time pranced along, fickle and faggoty
Made me belly laugh. Apparently this bit of prose triggers the shit out of a lot of people.
>>
>>1906103
>Progressives love being portrayed as the underdog
Only part with progressive lesbian love I remember was solving court case where lesbian lover killed her partner as a scheme to inherit her land. It is hardly positive image.
>>
File: 1575419044724.png (69 KB, 459x408)
69 KB
69 KB PNG
>Lethian Cross is at Disfavored hands
>get loyalty to them
>kill the Brotherhood of Bronze that were gatekeeping the bridge that give access towards Lethian Cross

>Somehow at the endings, Lethian Cross falls under Brotherhood of Bronze hands
>When Kyros empire have conquered the entire peninsula....
What did I missed to this shit to happen?
>>
>>1906108
>>1907852
Age of Decadence also takes inspiration. The opening features a quote, and the name 'Age of Decadence' is derived from it.
>>
File: daughters and sons.jpg (326 KB, 1920x1080)
326 KB
326 KB JPG
This shit seriously triggered my autism the entire time I was playing it.
>>
>>1908190
You're going to have to be more specific my man.
>>
>>1908351
He's triggered they said "women and men" and not "men and women".
>>
>>1908352
When talking of submission, it is normal to list women first. As listing men first would imply they are more submissive.
>>
>>1908369
It does not, no.
Nor is that the only time it is done either.
>>
File: 1606426645183.gif (304 KB, 104x152)
304 KB
304 KB GIF
>MFW I want to replay the game (this time going for rebel route), but I literally cant have the will to change my character to anything else besides a magic user
>Especially since im doing NG+, and I got all spells, and high levels of magical skills
Tyranny magic system is too good to not use it. If anything, I should go for a more supportive magic user, while using the companions I barely used: Eb going for damage, and Sirin goes for debuff, and using Shadow-that-kills for melee

But really, is there any point into going into being a warrior, or even an archer user in Tyranny?
>>
Good thread

bump
>>
>>1908576
>archer
No.

>warrior
Yes. The PC is the best tank in the game, a one-handed light armor build is the best in the game.
>>
>>1907810
He's simply being honest you are the one losing your shit
>>
>>1907147
Sounds like you're taking it kind of literally. The way that anon is reacting to these things is irrational. Schizophrenic? Maybe not, he's still acting crazy though.

>>1909254
I think we all know who the people on this site that lose their shit over inconsequential garbage are.
>>
>>1909713
>The way that anon is reacting to these things is irrational.
Perhaps. But there are vanishingly few games where illiberal ideology is portrayed in a neutral or non-satirical way; it always seems to be the case that it's associated with cartoonishly evil caricatures and actions. Hardly surprising, given the historical timeframe in which video games have existed and the fact that creative types tend to be more liberally-minded.

I'd say that even if anon is overreacting to this particular game, I can't particularly blame him within the context of our cultural zeitgeist. I can find far more "crazy" attitudes and perceptions in casual conversation with very average people around my town ("crazy" as in cognitive dissonance and flying in the face of empirical evidence).
>>
File: pigeon coop.png (977 KB, 1200x675)
977 KB
977 KB PNG
>>1908351
>>1908352
>>1908369
>>1908464
Every instance of "sons and daughters" or "men and women" in the game is inverted. It'd be fine, had it only been said by the barbaric tiersmen with their retarded matrilineal succession for every piece of land, but that's not the case. The patriarchal head of an elite fighting force with a fucking breeding program says it too, along with the rest of the Imperial citizens. It's obvious feminist "herstory" shit.
It's also like saying
>white and black
>bounds and leaps
>pepper and salt
This is retarded and sticks out like a sore thumb when you're reading the walls of text in that game.
The game itself is sorta fun, with the spell crafting and some RP choices. But it's far too short and clearly influenced by annoying fucking gender issues.
captcha: 2HPJK
>>
>>1908576
I focused on Unarmed in all of my playthroughs and it was frankly bonkers. So much CC that the moment you get into melee range with even late-game bosses it's over as you rotate stuns, knockdowns and interrupts into them.
>>1910083
>The patriarchal head of an elite fighting force with a fucking breeding program says it too, along with the rest of the Imperial citizens.
Kyros is female.
>>
>>1910298
It's great. Kyros is just some mage bitch who discovered a control Spire like the one in the Tiers and used it to conquer the known world. It's even heavily implied that she doesn't even really understand the Spire's power or the full breadth of what it can do, as evidenced by the Fatebinder being able to proclaim edicts and live, while the magic kills any other proclaimer, including Kyros. Add to that, the Fatebinder can proclaim Edicts to affect places across the world while Kyros needs to send an emissary to that location in order for it to work. Basically that bitch dun goofed sending you to the Tiers thinking you, the Archons, and Tunon would just wipe yourselves out.

Basically the ending got me really fucking hyped for Tyranny 2 and then I learned that Obsidian siphoned funds from Tyranny to make PoE2 and that basically killed any hope of a sequel.
>>
>>1910298
>Kyros is female.
I was specifically talking about grandpa Ashe.
>>
>>1909713
>I think we all know who the people on this site that lose their shit over inconsequential garbage are.
That's just the little narrative you have in your head, which comes from not getting out enough.
>>
>>1910083
Anon you should relax. You sound like an "inverted" SJW right now.
>>
>>1910922
No, he doesn't.
It would only seem that way to someone fully brainwashed by postmodern gaslighting and slippery relativism.
>>
>>1910941
Take your meds.
>>
>>1911010
NPC response.
>>
File: 1616638135791.jpg (43 KB, 1024x576)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>get to lethian's crossing
>every other NPC can't stop telling me about how the settlement was founded by a slut who used to sleep around a lot
Wonder what Kyros' laws say about promiscuity.
>>
>>1910083
That's what's so funny to me about these people who are hyper aware of the past and dedicate themselves to making up for it or proving themselves above it. They are completely chained to the past and driven to overcompensate in the most awkward way. They have no Zen.
>>
>>1909976
>("crazy" as in cognitive dissonance and flying in the face of empirical evidence)
This definition makes every human crazy. You, as everyone else, are slathered in bias. I don't care how smart you are, you say and do dumb contradictory shit all the time. If you can't accept that, you've lived a fucking sheltered existence. This is about context, deviance, and degree. Anon is wild unpredictable, he's not coming to the 'right' intuitive conclusions, nor is he delivering them coherently. He's crazy. Why are you even trying to hide behind definitions and semantics? What kind of impact are you going to have on this discussion? What are you learning from this?

If what you're trying to say is that anon's feelings are fine to feel, even if irrational and deviant, that's fine. I agree. It also applies to the people responding to him with whatever other shit.

If what you're saying is that YOU feel those feelings, and want "less liberal representation" or whatever, that's fine too. Nobody cares. Have your preferences. Just don't hide behind this psuedo-academic bullshit. Also, make some goddamn games, or contribute at least, in some way, to something.

>>1910893
Sounds like you've created a little narrative in your head about me.
>>
>>1910312
>spoiler
The lack of control is hinted at, yes, but the lack of knowledge is not. In my recent playthrough, I saw a lot of evidence pointing towards Kyros deliberately installing the Fatebinder - as a punching bag, a lab rat, even a successor. The discussion with Fatebinder Myothis was interesting. There's also a lot of debate about Kyros' gender for some reason, but I don't see why it couldn't be a totally non-human entity, or multiple entities. We have creatures like Tunon and Nerat, after all. Hell, bane.

And, since the oldwalls and spires exist, clearly there was something before. This overlord cycle could have been continuing for millennia. There's so much lore leading to a potential sequel, or simply an expansion of the world in some form or another, it's fucking wild that it's never going to go anywhere.
>>
>>1911388
This is all rather ironic... You're flying off on tangents and appearing agitated, while attempting to maintain the pretension of being meaningfully more reasonable & objective than anon. I don't see it.

>What kind of impact are you going to have on this discussion?
Just pointing out that you're an arrogant hypocrite.
>>
>>1911440
>What kind of impact are you going to have on this discussion?
>Just pointing out that you're an arrogant hypocrite.
No, you joined the discussion before I did. You're still trying to dodge around the question and hide. Just say what you mean. Again, contribute. In some way, to anything, rather than being a steamy pedantic fart.

To be as clear as possible, I don't have a problem with anon. In fact, it should be clear that I enjoy incoherent deviance, it's the whole damn reason I'm here. I have a problem with you. If I'm being trolled, it worked, you're one annoying little fucknugget.
>>
>>1911388
>You, as everyone else, are slathered in bias.
Yeah and the postmodern mistake is thinking that because everyone is biased, only bias matters and all biases are inherently equal. And in practice this is just an excuse to ruthlessly deconstruct dominant Western biases.

The reality is that there are objective, fundamental challenges humans face based on the reality of existence and our customs and cultures typical reflect solutions to those problems.
>>
>>1911461
lol, dat's sum damn fine butthurt. internet posting is srs bidness.
>>
>>1877718
If fucking Disco was too much for you then Tyranny might give you a heart attack.
>>
>>1898119
How is Pathfinder worse?
>>
>>1911680
classic
>>
>>1911292
Given that the Chorus are all about fucking everything they don't kill and half of what they do, I doubt Kyros has strong opinions on promiscuity.
>>
>same sex marriage in a bronze age setting
absolutely retarded
>>
>>1912703
I'd appreciate an explanation for it, even if it was probably extremely fucking retarded.
>>
>>1912703
>G R E E K S
>R
>E
>E
>K
>S
>>
>>1913317
Greeks did not have same-sex marriage.
>>
>>1912870
>plausible same sex marriage in a premodern setting.

This could arise from someone trying to game inheritance laws or customs. Many marriages were political between ruling families. Let's say two dynasties in a region only have sons of marriageable age, say fuck it, put one in a dress, make them take vows and arrange for some concubines. If they get away with it they have created a precedent.
>>
>>1915717
And the example in the game are two peasants without a dynasty.
>>
>>1913353
Greeks were degenerates but their wasn't gay marriage.
>>
File: shrekus.jpg (122 KB, 1024x769)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>1915754
There wasn't even gay sex, not as we understand it. They'd make the young boys hold their thighs together and fuck it like a pussy, but I don't remember reading any stories of anal sodomy. Probably blowjobs galore though.
>>
>>1915761
Still pretty degenerate. At that point they may as well have fucked a young girl anyway.
>>
File: deusvult.jpg (201 KB, 1280x720)
201 KB
201 KB JPG
>>1915770
I think there's a world of difference between fucking an armpit and fucking a prepubescent girl and ruining her insides so that she'll never bear children, but that's just me.

And if anything, the queers today are more degenerate than even the "degenerates" of the ancient world. Which was my point.
>>
>>1913353
>>1915754
Right. In the course of human history any given societies concept of marriage inevitably seems aimed at somehow dealing with these issues to some varying degree:

1. Ensuring healthy population replacement
2. Reducing social disorder caused by mate competition
3. Encouraging males to share responsibility for the women and children society needs for #1

Homosex doesn't cause any of those problems. The only real natural reason why anyone might want to encourage gay marriage is to stop spread of nasty diseases but it's not like gay men become chaste once society allows them to pretend to get married.
>>
>>1912512
Its likely like all of his opinions, if its to advance her plans, its a-ok

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.