[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Liselle.jpg (647 KB, 2347x2133)
647 KB
647 KB JPG
>Baldur’s Gate 3 will launch in Early Access with five companions to begin with, with more coming later. Throughout the main campaign, all companions are open to romance from all other characters, and senior writer Adam Smith is looking to create more complex relationships, with the help of Dungeons & Dragons lore to mess with the players’ heart strings.

>“So, Liselle, she’s the Githyanki. And Githyanki don’t really do monogamy,” Smith told VG247.

>“So if you sleep with Liselle one night at camp, the next night you might well just find her sleeping with somebody else. And she’s going to be like, ‘oh, that was a bit of fun, wasn’t it? How are you doing?’ And you’re just like, ‘oh!’ Heartbroken!
>>
>>1771059
>all companions are open to romance from all other characters
it's so bizarre and insincere, why are developers afraid to create characters with preferences?
>>
>>1771059
>mad that the evil character cheats on you
You retards haven't even played the game. Enjoy your Cuckmaker, I'm sure Regongar's seed feels real warm in your asshole
>>
baldurs gate is gay
>>
>>1771087
They value inclusivity over good character writing.
>>
>>1771059
>Baldur’s Gate
that game is not baldur's gate
>>
>>1771059
the pathfinder games are much more gay and trannypilled than bg3.
>>
File: 1607389006487.png (1.3 MB, 600x1796)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB PNG
>>1771281
rent free
>>
I don't romance in games so it's not a problem for me
>>
>>1771293
>thread specifically singles out the west and western studio
>point out that eastern studio is actually much worse
>NO NO YOU CANT DO THAT RENT FREE RENT FREE
your games are gay tranny endorsements and the fanbase is full of weird gay leftists
>>
File: 1596399037301.jpg (192 KB, 596x402)
192 KB
192 KB JPG
>>1771327
This thread was made by a jarpig instigating another flamewar, no one considers Pathfinder as an "eastern RPG", well, except you of course having Regongar giving your mother some half-orc cock in your head 24/7.
>your games are gay tranny endorsements and the fanbase is full of weird gay leftists
Never check on the Larian twitter feed then schizo
>>
File: 1620078153575.png (17 KB, 509x423)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
>>1771293
free rent
>>
>>1771059
I don't if there's a name for it, but the "emote style" dialogue like what is shown here and what DOS:2 did is absolute garbage
There is no clarity of meaning

it feels like you're listening to someone tell you a story about what they did rather than doing something yourself
>>
>>1771350
hmm yes russia,, truly the quintessential western nation. literally one of the first portraited characters you meet in wrath is a tranny. the other one is a female nigger warrior. larian being gay doesnt mean pozfinder isnt even gayer.
>>
Why are BG3fags so insecure about Pathfinder? I always see Pathfinderfags talking about their own game, while BG3fags are talking how Pathfinder is worse than BG3.
>>
>>1771359
BG3 hasnt had that for like 6 months.
>>
>>1771383
>lying on the internet
anon you cant go into any crpg thread on this board without a pathcuck trying to shill their game to other anons
>>
>>1771383
they're jelly for some reason
>>
File: 1604799447164.png (394 KB, 681x960)
394 KB
394 KB PNG
>>1771377
>have warpig vs jarpig threads daily
>JRPG players openly mock western games for being pozzed
>one of said shitposters mentions Baldur's Gate 3
>"MUST'VE BEEN AN OWLCAT SHILL, FUCKIGN RUSSIANS"
lmao, take your meds
>>
>>1771425
wtf are you going on about? actual autistic breakdown
>>
>>1771059
rpg writers are just horny children
>>
>>1771447
I think you're too stupid to comprehend what I mean or perhaps a newfag codexnigger refugee who has never seen an ironic weeb call someone else a "westerner". In any case, kys.
>>
>>1771468
your post had nothing to do with what you were replying to, schizoid.
>>
>>1771486
God your stupidity is just fucking tiresome.
>(You) have Pathfinder living rent free in your head
>call you ot for it
>"UUH NO BECAUSE ACTUALLY, OP POINTED OUT WESTERN STUDIOS AND BG3 AS A KEKFEST SO I DO THE SAME TO PATHFINDER"
>point out this thread was made by a jarpig and yet your mind shifted to pathfinder instantly because you literally can't get Owlcat out of your empty skull
>can't even keep up with the replychain
This board just won't get any better, that's the last reply you get from me, retard.
>>
File: fools.png (2.17 MB, 982x1098)
2.17 MB
2.17 MB PNG
>tiefling youngins steal from me
>decline any choices to help them out of principle

Tell me I can watch them suffer.
>>
>>1771552
>How dare you mention a non-western studio to compare to a western studio! You are only allowed to compare to japan because my schizophrenia says so!
>that's the last reply you get from me
lol good, fuck off you seething retard.
>>
>>1771087
Preferences are just that; preferences, not be-all-end-all rules. Men and women going on a dangerous adventure are bound to be pushed together even regardless of their preferences.
>>
>>1771059
why do RPGs have to have such an emphasis on romances, none of this shit interests me. I only pop a boner at the thought of become a Lich
>>
>>1771596
Larian's writing team has always been about "wooo le sex lmao". You literally could have sex with a skeleton in DivOS2.
>>
>>1771596
Because modern WRPGs devs pander to coomers. Romance was always a minor thing to add flavor to the roleplaying, but now it's all people can fucking talk about.
You never hear the Lariancels talk about the gameplay or the story. You always hear them talk about who is "best girl" and the fully animated sex scenes.
>>
>>1771059
>press button to get cucked
>gets cucked
>gets mad
why are you doing this to yourself?
>>
>>1771596
have you ever been in a rpg thread? its basically constant waifu posting. unfortunately, obsessed coomers make up a huge part of the audience.
>>
>>1771620
>Because modern WRPGs devs pander to coomers.
JRPGs on the other hand have never pandered to waifu shitters and coomers.
>>
>>1771631
What's the point of looking at your neighbour's garden when yours is still full of shit?
>>
File: 88467@2x.jpg (2.08 MB, 2010x2988)
2.08 MB
2.08 MB JPG
>>1771059
Why can't they wear their weapons on their belts like sensible people? Deadfire does it and it's aesthetic, maces do not belong on your back
>>
>>1771631
Oddly enough we live in a world where WRPGs are now more obscenely sexualized than JRPGs are.
>>
>>1771059
Why do people keep making shitpost BG3 threads? Every single time it is baiting for inflammatory replies. Does BG3 live rent free in your head?
Also why are you blaming the devs for implementing DnD races true to their nature? Larian didnt invent the gith.
>>
>>1771059
>thread about WRPGs
>b-b-but pathfinder
Cope. CRPGs are a cuck genre. The "C" in CRPG stands for cuck.
>>
File: rpgsweak.png (135 KB, 948x300)
135 KB
135 KB PNG
>>
>>1771749
I'm not mad at Larian for their gameplay. I'm mad at them for ruining BG with their shit, reddit tier writing
>>
Larianchads, how do we stop winning? The fans of lesser companies are getting jealous of us.
>>
File: Alex.jpg (164 KB, 730x486)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
>>1771059
Mindflayer tadpoles in the water are turning the frogs gay!!
>>
File: 1615553336592.jpg (740 KB, 1267x1409)
740 KB
740 KB JPG
>>1771293
Oh shut the hell up. Both BG3 and Pathfinder are the same western "progressive" shit. You think Pozzo is better? DnD and Pathfinder are under the same umbrella of games and thought, just with somewhat different in-game rules.

All this overshilling of Pathfinder here and in /v/ as "the savior of WRPGs" and how different it is is hypocritical as fuck.
>>
>>1772243
Based fellow larianbro. Oh, brb I have to prep my wife's bull.
>>
>>1772301
>"I want females with realistic armors"
>a paragraph later
>it's laughable that anyone is talking about "realism"
Based Paizo troon BTFO himself.
>>
>>1771112
Enjoy your Baldurrs Gay Pee, Early Ass Sex.
>>
>>1771327
WHATABOUT PATHFINDER
WHATABOUT WHATABOUT WHATABOUT
>>
>>1771059
Is cuckoldry in BG3 and PF the buck breaking of western RPGs? Something that irrevocably ruins its image forever?
>>
>>1771631
So your standard is to be the equal of jrpgs.
>>
>>1772344
>irrevocably ruins its image
Which image?
>>
There are two correct ways to play a game that badgers you with romances. The first is to play a man on a mission. He's got shit to do and he's not going to let dumb bitches distract him. The second is to make the ugliest goblin man you can and get all the bitches and laugh at the retarded sex scene. There is no acceptable in between.
>>
>>1771592
>Two men adventuring together will eventually want to cum in each other's assholes
>>
>>1772426
Don't give them ideas.
>>
Because degenerates have taken over.
>>
>>1772442
This was a thing in DA:O and ME. Wrpgs and DnD have always been like this. I would say that being a degenerate faggot in DnD is mild given the wild shit that happens in the setting.
If shit like this fazes you then how will you even live with the fact that you will have to marry a white w*man?
>>
>>1773053
old crpgs obviously self-censored. as you can see, all censorship is bad, these fools never would have joined the scene.
>>
File: basedcucksquad.jpg (106 KB, 950x827)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>1771059
Larianchads are proud cucks
>>
>>1771620
Having read this I had an epiphany.
I've deleted all my Lae'zel screenshots and am going to just enjoy the game as a whole. You're right, this coomer attitude is ultimately detrimental to the fanbase and by extension the game.
>>
>>1772301
what the fuck
>>
>no BG3 thread
I love you gale...?
>>
>>1771059
Congratulations, you have learned a valuable lesson: all Githyanki are massive assholes.
>>
>>1773411
that's why you kill them on sight
>>
>>1773428
And especially don’t return any vorpal blades that they might have lost.
>>
>>1772301
Yeah you're right. Guess it's time to give up RPGS anon, everything is shit. You can leave us here to discuss them and go do something else I guess.
>>
>>1772301
>You think Pozzo is better
Who the fuck ever said it? And how exactly it's related to the discussion if Paizo doesn't make CRPGs?
>>
>>1772442
It's basically Ifan romance in Original Sin 2
>>
>>1771059
Who the fuck cares you people are fighting ghosts created by your own demented political minds. And all this tranny discussion has infested every single western crpg game out there. I have no seen a single trans person in any crpg game I have ever played and the ones you see are a fiction of your imagination
>>
>>1771621
The install button?
>>
>>1772322
>pathfinder fan’s humor
Yikes
>>
>>1773669
>have to bring pathfinder out of nowhere to keep the thread up
>>
>>1771087
Because when they do other people complain they can't romance the character they want to.
>>
>>1771281
>No mention of any other game
>"B-B-But Pathfinder tho!"
Why are Warpig niggers like this?
>>
File: 1622145319556s.jpg (2 KB, 100x125)
2 KB
2 KB JPG
>>1771596
Blame Bioware. Baldur's Gate 2 made it a thing, Mass Effect popularized it. Considering Mass Effect is a lame RPG and never had good romances it's entirely the fault of consolecucks who had mass effect as "baby's first RPG", like Halo was "baby's first FPS" and have no taste.
>>
>>1773805
Being a straight male human in DA:I sucked.
>>
>>1771059
I think a githzerai waifu would be more interesting, though.
>>
>>1773570
the first npc you meet in wrath is literally a tranny, admittedly they don't talk about it or shove it in your face at all but still
>>
>>1773935
>straight male
>DAI
Just self insert and play a homo faggot
>>
File: _Areelu_demon.png (556 KB, 478x700)
556 KB
556 KB PNG
>>1774049
Not, really, the first NPC you meet is this, and after that the Inquisitor Hulrun.
>>
>>1771059
We used to instinctively kill people over adultery since the pain is akin to attempted murder which drives some to suicide
>>
>>1774229
IIRC the first NPC and portrait you see is Anevia. Unless they changed it
>>
>>1774246
Doubled checked and you're right, first Areelu (hidden), then Anevia then Daeran and after that Hulrun.
>>
>>1771059
I'm still trying to understand what they're hinting at here?
Is Lae'zel going to sleep with a companion?
Sleep with another gith at the creche?
Sleep with some random?
Sleep with the Kithrak in some weird power play?

And will an 'invested' player have any input on this?
Surely you get another conundrum/dice roll where you have to btfo the idea of infidelity. I just can't imagine them playing it off like >whoopdie-doo nothing you can do!
>>
>>1774264
Sit down, be humble!
>>
File: 1611604153800.webm (2.12 MB, 640x340)
2.12 MB
2.12 MB WEBM
>>1773570
>>
BG3 probably has the worst cast of party members ever
>>
>>1774264

If you haven't played Early Access, it's pretty obvious that all your companions will be fucking each other. They all flirt with each other during party banter, Lae'zel mostly flirts with Wyll so she'll probably be fucking him, Shadowheart flirts with Gale AND Wyll, so will probably fuck both.

The last time an RPG gave you a virgin wife in a monogamous relationship that had your kids was BG2, and after that no other RPG ever did it again.

>>1774347

Yeah. People keep deflecting this obvious problem by saying "but there will be more companions", which doesn't change the reality that the ones that are there are absolute dogshit, which doesn't exactly lend credence to the idea that more companions from the same writing team is going to help matters.
>>
>>1774347
I don't mind the mage but yeah not a big fan. Vampire was fine at first but gets annoying fast.
>>
>>1774418
>The last time an RPG gave you a virgin wife in a monogamous relationship that had your kids was BG2, and after that no other RPG ever did it again.
and it was the worst companion
>>
>>1774569

Avellones not around anymore to bail them out with Faust and I think the Red Prince was some kind of miracle considering their writing staff. The future looks bleak for anything resembling decent characters as your companions.
>>
>>1774597

Aerie was fantastic you filthy pleb, one of the few actual character arcs in RPG writing where she gets over her issues and becomes a better person by the end of it.
>>
>>1774418
>The last time an RPG gave you a virgin wife in a monogamous relationship that had your kids was BG2
DQV did it first
>>
>>1773465
The anon who I replied to implied with that usual meme pic that it was not so. Just because your game has one "redeemable" maymay person, who is a succubus slut of all kinds of people btw, definitely doesn't mean that you are in a better position than the game you think you can crap on.
>>
>>1775052

Wrath Of The Righteous does have a better cast than BG3, though, Ember, Daeran, and Regil are all great. The rest are complete fucking trash though, so yeah. But who in BG3 is actually a good character and fun to have around?
>>
>>1774603
>MUH WINGS for 3/4 of the game
>fantastic
Kys
>>
>>1775080

She gets over it pretty fast actually, if anything it's too rapid given her trauma. I don't see why you find it off putting that a character has actual issues to work through.
>>
>>1775069
>the rest are trash
you seem to be forgetting Sosiel, the only good companion in that game
>>
>>1775093

Sosiel is a literal nigger faggot, he's trash by default.
>>
>>1774049
I am pretty sure magical gender switching doesn't count as being a tranny at this point. The dude became a biological woman capable of reproduction for the price of some family heirloom. There wasn't exactly a CHOPPIN MA SNAKE N TAKIN DE PILLS process to note.
>>
>>1775069
>Camellia is trash
Pleb taste
>>
>>1775091
>She gets over it pretty fast actually
No she doesn't, she keeps going about it and about finding her will to live, she gets angry about a life on the ground,etc.
Jaheira actually gets over way faster from Khalid's death.
>>
>>1775109
Camellia IS absolute trash. Get any taste at all.
>>
>>1775114

No, she doesn't. In actual game time it takes longer for Jaheira to finally get over Khalid and you have to go through multiple quests before she's even starting to get over it and see charname as a potential romantic partner. You also have to go through that asinine bullshit of sleeping outside over and over to trigger the bandit scene or manually activate it which has the potential to bug out the entire romance.

Aerie meanwhile just requires a few dialogues to cover her issues before she starts becoming sweet and fun to talk to for the rest of the game. Not that I really minded an NPC actually having character development for once to begin with, though. Did you even ever actually play through her romance or are you just repeating stuff you've heard other people say?
>>
File: 1602214297463.png (576 KB, 750x750)
576 KB
576 KB PNG
>>1775120
I'm ashamed to share a board with you, too blind and too stupid to recognize a beatiful, entertaining and mechanically decent companion.
>>
>>1775231

If you mean Daeran, yeah, if you mean Camellia, fuck no.
>>
>>1775231
The lengths waifufaggots will go to delude themselves.
>>
File: 1620274535625.png (572 KB, 1280x1280)
572 KB
572 KB PNG
>>1775255
Pleb taste
>>1775255
Indeed, you've deluded yourself into thinking ANYONE can best Camellia as a companion, confidant and lover.
>>
>>1774049
Lisabeth's wife is trans? Well it's not exactly shown lol I exhausted almost all of her duologue and had no idea, if this is what people are upset about that's crazy.
>>
>>1775307

It's more that people keep saying BG3 is degenerate when Wrath has just as much shit yet they somehow give it a pass. Sosiel is just as much of a faggot as Astarion, homosexual romances are fully available in Wrath, homosexual/transsexual marriage is present with some of your closest NPC confidants, etc.

It's just hypocritical of the people who claim that BG3 is garbage because it has woke shit in it and then turn around and say Wrath is great when it has just as much if not more of the same thing.
>>
>>1775317
>It's just hypocritical of the people who claim that BG3 is garbage because it has woke shit in it and then turn around and say Wrath is great when it has just as much if not more of the same thing

That's fair, I just find it extremely sensitive to get worked up over very minor and often times hidden things which are incredible easy to miss it ignore unless you are looking for them. The way the discussions of both of these games devolves into people calling each other trannies based on their own conjured shadows and mental illness is annoying.
>>
>>1775317
>only pathfinder players complain about muh pozz
surely you don't actually think like this? did flamewar threads created by one or two shitposters warped your perception this bad?
>>
>>1775317
Both games are hella gay and cuck shit. They're made for zoomers after all.

You're falling for a fake flame war fueled by real shills and funposters baiting for easy (you)s.
>>
>>1775367

Well if Larian or Owlcat had simply not put any of it in the games to begin with, that would've been an easy solution. Now instead we have the two fanbases arguing over which one of them has less garbage, or that their garbage doesn't smell as bad as the other games. Pathetic, really.
>>
>>1775418
I don't think you understand how the 4chan tranny mental illness works, everything is tranny and pozzed. They will find it anywhere they want it, it's not a product of the subject but a product of their own brain.
>>
>>1775168
>Did you even ever actually play through her romance or are you just repeating stuff you've heard other people say?
I've finished her romance a month ago when i replayed BG. She was still bitching about her will to live in the Underdark
>>
>>1775477

If they'll find it anywhere they want why can't they ever find it in older games or in Japanese games where this kind of thing simply doesn't exist? Western games factually do shove this garbage into their games, in every genre, since the people making them believe they have a holy mission to shove their religious political beliefs down everyones throats.
>>
>>1775477
>4chan tranny mental illness works, everything is tranny and pozzed. They will find it anywhere they want it
Except that these two games feature open relationships and an unnecessary homosexual quota. Nobody is going out of their way or doing some extreme mental gymnastic about it. Well, nobody except you trying to deny this.
>>
>>1775499
>find it in older games or in Japanese games
They do, it's called Edwyna or the cursed belt in Baldur's Gate and playing a female character in a JRPG. Post about any of that and you will get at least 4 schizos ready to paste YWNBAW. In fact you don't even need to be posting about RPGs at all, you just have to disagree with someone to get called a tranny, it's this summer's buzzword so we have to live with it until the next one arrives.
>>
>>1775529

No one cares about Edwina or playing a female character in a JRPG. I never heard anyone complain about either of those things in any RPG threads. It's almost as if people just don't want an ideology shoved down their throat when they play a game, except they can't get that with modern Western games, and that's what's causing all the friction.
>>
>>1775592
>ideology shoved down their throat
This is exactly what I mean everyone the mind of a tranny hunter. What exactly is shoved down your throat you delusional fuck lol. It's impossible to find out which characters who are even gay unless you are looking for it in wotr. It's like you are googling gay porn and complaining about the gay agenda being shoved down your throat.
>>
>>1775614

Alright so if I was playing a game where half or more of the NPCs are Christians, you can't romance anyone in the game unless it's in a heterosexual, monogamous relationship, and you must convert to Christianity before fulfilling the romance, you would say that would be in no way pushing an agenda or having a general theme to the game, right?

It's hilarious how it's only "not political" when the agenda being pushed is the one you happen to agree with.
>>
>>1775592
https://arch.b4k.co/vrpg/search/text/dilate/
https://arch.b4k.co/vrpg/search/text/you%20will%20never%20be%20a%20woman
Try to find on topic posts with those buzzwords lmao
>>
>>1771059
didn't they become like this to attract JRPG players? I remember them being about the adventure almost completely. Soap operas are the new hotness, I guess.
>>
File: 1600743101247.png (98 KB, 320x320)
98 KB
98 KB PNG
>>1775631
>the first time someone used "dilate" in /vrpg/ was as a response to people calling Monster Hunter an action adventure game and not a real RPG
really makes you think
>>
>>1775627
I'm sorry but you are low iq. You are either trying to troll me or you are really stupid to think that the two are equivalent levels of making a game political. A more fair one would be if you asked someone their religion and they said christian, or if that was a hidden duologue or something you explored when going to the church with them.
Anyway people with absolutely zero self insight are boring and totally incapable of self examination so I won't be replying to you anymore.
>>
>>1775661

As usual you can't provide real arguments and rather than realizing your innate hypocrisy you claim moral superiority and give up debating entirely. You guys really are a religion.
>>
>>1775627
What kind of stupid ass strawman is this
>>
File: 4216q.png (429 KB, 415x712)
429 KB
429 KB PNG
>>1775317
Anon, as others have posted, Paizo has plenty of pozzed shit, nothing to be jealous of current super pozzed DnD and WOTC. I don't know how it managed to pass that Pathfinder is this "clean" oldschool game in terms of narrative, free of the usual SJW appeals. But anyway, don't get baited in the shitposts and flamewars.
>>
Unironically, why the FUCK is Halsin attacking me after I free him
>>
>>1771059
Please tell me there’s a githzerai companion to btfo this stupid bitch.
>>
>>1775105
The Elixir of Sex Shifting is a bit subversive really. No struggle, no discrimination ... just you will ever be a woman.
>>
>>1775627
They don't have to be Christians. I do prefer most of the romances to be monogamous. A love triangle with two women and a man, or a harem with the protag at the head are okay too.

Just wholesome degeneracy aimed at heterosexual teenage boys.
>>
>>1775168
>>1774603
>>1774418
>The last time an RPG gave you a virgin wife in a monogamous relationship that had your kids was BG2, and after that no other RPG ever did it again.
I agree anon, I really liked Aerie's romance and it was incredibly sweet, especially at the end of TOB. If only there were more romances that were that vanilla and you could have kids together at the end. I really like that kind of sweet vanilla stuff. I also liked her character arc and seeing her grow stronger in character
>>
>>1775477
games are objectively becoming more and more queer. this is going to have people pushing back against it, naturally.
>>
>>1771087
Remember when niggers seethed because Judy from Shitshowpunk was a lesbo and not available to everyone? That's why.
There's always some fuck who will be offended by the simplest shit, so it's logical to make romance systems open for all snowflakes and /v/ neets alike, so they can't complain.
Someone will always complain it's soulless, but it's less noticeable and preferred than being labelled as sjws for making a exclusively lesbo mage or being accused of genocide by twitter for not making some tranny minotaur fuckable.
>>
>>1773570
I don't get why trannys need to exist in videogames, if you're a tranny, why would you not just choose to play a female character, isn't that your dream situation? To actually be a woman?
>>
>>1771592
>Preferences are just that; preferences, not be-all-end-all rules. Men and women going on a dangerous adventure are bound to be pushed together even regardless of their preferences.
No, sometimes they are be-all-end-all rules. People going on a dangerous adventure can form extraordinarily close bonds, even to the extent of developing a sort of platonic love, but that does not mean they necessarily would ever want to fuck each other or have some kind of romance. Everybody has their own lines in the sand, or do you mean to tell me you would fuck anyone or anything just because you spent enough time with it?
>>
>this thread
you are all idiots
>>
>>1776989
people will call you a dumb centrist but you're actually right
>>
>>1772426
This is unironically how companies like Larian and Bioware think.
>>
>>1772382
I actively tried to avoid all romance in BG3 and every guy in my party still tried to suck the PC's cock just because he killed the goblins. It's so immersion breaking and dumb.
>>
>>1775633
I feel that is likely. Also that the people who spent the early 2000s writing fanfiction and participating in shipping wars are now both the writers and main audience.
>>1771620
Sometimes I wonder if coomer-pandering is disillusioning people into thinking they are asexual. Too much of anything is exhausting.
>>
>>1776938
Self insertion.

Also genderbending is hot.
>>
I really rue the day that crpgs took this pernicious turn from merely providing an outlet for LARPing for a few hours after you get off work, to full blown alternative fantasy life simulations for neurotic nerds.

Before you say that isn't the case - you're wrong, just consider that romances are a SELLING point of modern rpgs.

Kwans are seriously starved of intimacy in their lives, and if they could they would try to fuck their machines.
>>
>>1776938
>I don't get why trannys need to exist in videogames, if you're a tranny, why would you not just choose to play a female character

Trannies are created by the video game character customization screen process's. This is why they are all game addicted programmers. They spent their youth having games reinforce the idea that gender is a box you tick on a screen.
>>
>>1775769
You do realise it's video games board, where we discuss video games, not tabletop games?
>>
File: OIP.jpg (28 KB, 474x631)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>1771087

because forcing someone to miss out on
content regarding their favorite character and
restricting their their freedom to make the story unfold
how they'd like just because the player clicked the
incompatible dick/pussy button during character creation
is stupid.

I'm still made I couldn't willy wiggle with Sara in inquisition
(the only character with a personality) because muh lesbianism.
I get rejected by girls enough irl I don't need it to fucking happen
it vidya too.
>>
>>1778405
>I'm still made I couldn't willy wiggle with Sara in inquisition
BWAHAHAHAHA!
>>
>>1774049
I thought the main complaint was that it usually was shoved in your face, now your complaining even when it isn't?
>>
>>1774418
No way Wyll would bag Lae'zel. He's terrible in bed!
>>
>>1775317
>Wrath has just as much shit yet they somehow give it a pass.
Wrath have succubus, virgin paladin, hot helf, meanwhile in BG3 everyone is a faggot
>Sosiel is just as much of a faggot as Astarion,
He isn't annoying and doesn't have cut-scenes with his retardation.
Also, he is buck, while Astarion is some shitty freak from Twilight
>>
>>1774598
It doesn't help that literally everyone at Larian is taking character writing notes from Joss Whedon
>>
>>1771115
Baldurs gay
>>
>>1776989
based centrist
>>
File: 1606076357140.gif (1.97 MB, 380x285)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB GIF
>>1771059
i dont get why people care so much about romance in rpgs now, has there ever been a well written romance in a rpg game? i really think not
every time a character tries to flirt or pick me up in a game via some incredibly gross & cringe line obviously written by a neckbeard i just instantly go "uh no thanks and never mention this again"
>>
>>1779191
>has there ever been a well written romance in a rpg game?
BG, Planescape, KOTORs, Alpha Protocol, Witcher.
>>
>>1779191
>>1779249
I also really liked Sebille's romance in DOS2
>>
File: cb2 (3).jpg (191 KB, 1638x2048)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
>tfw no news
>>
>>1771059
fuck off back to /v/, retard
>>
>>1772301
wrpgs have always been left leaning, you just notice it now because you were little back then

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.