[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 27 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

>>
I can't wait for the Unlimited remaster. Though I'm worried about the new entry, if Scarlet Grace is an indication of the series future.
>>
>>1771335
I really doubt that we'll get another Scarlet Grace since it was already a bit of a drag on itself to begin with.
>>
>>1771335
I doubt the next game will keep being so abstract and tabletop like, it will probably go back to the classic formula to draw in more people, I'd rather prefer it fused Scarlet Grace's ideas with Unlimited but I doubt it will happen, maybe that will be the last game before Kawazu retires and indulges himself one last time.
I sure do not want united attacks back though.
>>
>>1770987
what SaGa game should I play first?
>>
>>1771335
The only thing I disliked about SG is how it has you running all over the planet just to get the appropriate encounter, collecting party members and sending them on missions. The combat, music, story and characters are all really good.
>>
>>1771832
The Last Remnant, Frontier Remastered or Scarlet Grace are the most easily accessible to a new player.
>>
Does anyone know what the saga frontier remastered update 1.0.3 even do?
>>
>>1772124
hopefully fixed the ninja/virgil bug
>>
>>1771680
>I sure do not want united attacks back though.
bring back formation combos instead pls
>>
>>1772153
Man, I seriously can't find shit on this update
>>
>>1772197
It's probably just crash fixes.
>>
I'm near the end of RS2.......but it has become so easy and repetitive that i might just quit

loved the game, but now it's just a chore
>>
>>1772391
take a break and finish up later
>>
https://youtu.be/bdqR4t5y1nA

God damn it took me forever to find this.
>>
>>1772391
I dunno, maybe its just me but the leap to the final battle was rather steep. Though I had mismanaged by Magic choices in the end and that made it unwinnable in my wind. 7 Attacks per turn adds up.
>>
>>1772391
I don't get that at all. RS2 has always been a game for me that starts out hard and gets nearly impossible toward the end with me barely even managing to finish the game. If you grinded for that water spell, then that would explain it but there's no point in wasting your time with that, especially if you want a challenge.
>>
>>1773943
You can grind any magic school iirc because it pools all magic research exp for each generation so air slash or like stonefall can get extremely powerful

Magic is op in general when you can grind so hard in rs2 without anything catching up to you
>>
>>1773943
Are you using rapiers, clubs and bows on everyone or what? Those always underperform for me deep late.

Axes, Greatswords and normal Swords should be able to hit for 2000-4000 per attack late game, even without grinding. Spears hit for less, but have the amazing Divine Lancer ability to make up for it. With so much damage output I never considered the end of RS2 as particularily hard, save the actual final boss.

Having either the final water or the final fire spell kinda trivialises the endgame tho, even if you do not abuse them.
>>
>>1773988
Yes but that means you'll end up using spells just for the sake of it. When progressing naturally, my water level never reached significant levels because you hardly ever have to use the utility spells of that school during encounters. Dark Magic is busted, though, I completely agree with that.
>>1774090
I probably shouldn't have said "grinding" but rather "wasting your time on monotonous tasks". I fight the encounters I don't manage to avoid. Note that I only ever adapted that "strategy" after I've beaten RS2 once and realized just how much time I've spent playing it; I halved my playtime on the next playthrough. I play most SaGa games like that and am only ever not careful when it's my first game as I have to figure it all out first.
>Are you using rapiers, clubs and bows on everyone?
I usually do but not on everyone necessarily. Clubs help me a ton since, IIRC, they have techs that afflict status effects; the other weapons are similar. My goal is to have a balanced team in that regard, even if my main damage output ends up being from these other weapons. In the late game, I sometimes use mirage blade/etc. to get rid of the encounters quickly but as I avoid them in general whenever I get in a fight I try to get the most out of it by using a variety of techs specifically depending on enemy weaknesses; I just want to avoid the scenario of only getting my sword proficiency up.
>I never considered the end of RS2 as particularly hard
I didn't consider many bosses as hard, I'm specifically referring to the Maze of Memory and the final dungeon which usually end up being huge difficulty spikes in my playthroughs.
>final water or the fire spell trivialise the endgame
Agreed but I never get them unless I grind. On one of my playthroughs I thought the only way to beat the 7H was if I had Reviver due to high dmg but after trying to grind for it I got so bored, I ultimately just tried out a different strategy (using light wall as a substitute) and beat them.
>>
>>1773846
It's because Square's starting to take out SaGa related uploads from YT.
>>1773943
Like all games, once you figure out the ins and outs it gets easy towards the end.
Of course you can also just grind your ass off to make it easier too, once you get past the high BR threshold and enemies stop getting stronger while you still do.
And I kind of like this in a way, it does give you that feeling of an "epic level" party when you get beyond the soft caps.
>>
btw i hate termites
>>
>>1772391
I'm not even close to the end and I had to take a break from the game. But I still want to complete it, which is more than I can say for dozens of other games I tried and put down.

Once my university finals are done I'll give it a whirl again.
>>
>>1774733
lol just mist cover
>>
i lift weights when i have farts lmao proot
>>
File: 1623219193016.jpg (24 KB, 400x400)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>The Last Remnant got delisted from Steam years ago
>mfw
>>
File: 1599052821711.png (1.89 MB, 1057x951)
1.89 MB
1.89 MB PNG
I don't get it.

>>1778418
just pirate it, if they refuse to give us the HD version but will take away the PC version fuck them.
>>
>>1778194
Can't you just bonk them with a blunt strike.
>>
>>1778871
Cause the "Remaster" barely changed anything at all. The console version can at least justify it with the better resolution. On PC, it would be extremely obvious that it was just a low effort cash grab. That's probably why they removed it from steam.
>>
Overworld monsters in RS2 must have the best ai ever made....
>>
>>1778418
You can still get it through key sites, but just pirate it, if Square delisted it they don't really want your money after all.
>>1779082
It's kinda primitive, but for the time it's remarkable that they actually took the time to code a simple behaviour and movement pattern for all those different enemy types.
For a 1993 game there's a lot of things in both mechanics and general details that are seriously impressive, when you consider the massive jump of quality between RS1 and RS2 it makes it all the more impressive too.
>>
what's the difference between the original TLR and remaster? playing on pc
>>
I got back into RS3, only the Wind Abyss gate left now.
I'm not having much trouble overall so far, but I worry that my team is kinda one note because Katarina, Charl and Nora all mainly use Spears, because I just never sparked anything worthwhile for the other types.
Will that become a problem in the final parts or does damage type not matter much? My other members kinda rotate, but I've been using Undyne and the Minstrel (Martial Arts) mostly.
>>
What Saga game should I play next if I loved Frontier but dropped Scarlet Grace?
>>
>>1779962
Frontier 2 unless you're edging for the remaster. Otherwise RS2.
>>
>>1779776
The PC release is better unless you really care about a couple of material shaders being changed and prefer locked 30FPS to 60FPS.
>>1779806
It's best for you to not have everyone focus on one thing if only because itemization goes against this, but RS3 is so easy it shouldn't really be a problem, the question is how much you're willing to grind in order to make up for that.
>>
File: 49034469273_ffa09b50f6_h.jpg (1.13 MB, 1178x1600)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB JPG
I'm near the end of RS3 and need motivation to actually push through. I've been trying to get a Hydra Skin to drop from a Dragon Pansy for what feels like twelve years to no avail (in order to get as close to a complete workshop as possible), and haven't done the second or third business quests. Party characters are all over 800 HP, but I'm still getting shit-wrecked by the super boss in the Labyrinth of Illusion (or whatever the bonus dungeon is called), which makes me fear I'm not adequately prepared for the Abyss.
>>
>>1780326
Yama is a dirty cheater and is far beyond anything you'll fight in the Abyss outside of the fully powered last boss, you vastly stronger than you need to be in order to finish the game.
The drop rates from rare monsters are also atrocious so I do not advise farming them.
>>
>>1780344
Thank you for the encouragement! I'll leave the Hydra Armour to a New Game+ playthrough, if I ever come back.
>>
>>1779082
>>1779214
After watching a video on how the ghosts in Pac-Man move, I imagine they did something like that for the monster movement in RS2
>>
>>1780205
I have 2 Blitz Lances and the Matriach Spear so I'm good on that front, I've also made a Dragon Scale Blade, but no one with good sword techs, I've used Khalid a bit, but he's ~100 HP and 5-7 weapon skill behind my core units
>>
>>1780656
Looks fine then, if you buff yourself with the victory song from the Matriarch Spear and pace your rounds well enough you can easily deal with the last boss, and luckily for you, you're gonna have to fight a couple of dragons along the way and spears are perfect for those.
>>
>>1780674
All right, I'll finish that and then get 2 or Frontier if either of them goes on sale somewhere.
Do any of the characters (other than Katarina in my case) have a lot of unique content that's worth going for?
>>
>>1770987
Never played this before trying the recent switch release. I tried to get into it as Mr robot but fuck, it's just so ugly. They didn't try to make the game look better at all it seems like (or if they did, horry shiet).
>>
>>1781608
Oh, SaGa Frontier absolutely looks and sounds a million times better on original hardware but this new version is extremely legible and has speed ups, and you sort of get used to it after a bit. Like Fuse's boss music, it grew on me pretty quickly.
>>
>>1781608
>it's just so ugly
You should have seen the original PS1 version.
Frontier was kind of a poverty game, and to be honest it kinda grows on you visually once you look at all the little cute things in the game like battle poses and the various details and cameos sprinkled around.
>>
>>1781608
>it's just so ugly
Pleb taste, Frontier is extremely aesthetic and soulful.
I can understand thinking it's rough and all but it's definitely not "ugly", the game is filled with beauty.
>>
>>1781608
Assuming you're talking about frontier and not unlimted. Unlimited's art and animation is amazing.
>>
I want to replay some Unlimited, but I guess at this point it's best to wait off until the remaster
>>
Do you guys think we'll get another game anytime soon? I don't know how well Scarlet Grace did or if they said anything about the future of the series..
>>
File: Bea.jpg (62 KB, 600x600)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>1783664
>new game soon?
Probably not.

>How did SG do?
The mobile games and remasters all do pretty well. Keep in mind that SaGa has a lineage in mobile games.

>What does that mean for the series?
It also has a lineage in non-mobile games so really we'll get whatever square gives us. Bigger titles usually come with funding from newer consoles, so unless MS or Sony or Nintendo want to shell out for a SaGa games that doubles as a tech demo we'll probably get something mobile, or avante guarde or something. Square seems at least vaguely invested in keeping SaGa alive.
>>
It's beautiful
>>
>>1783664
They said a new game is in the works, so we might get it in late 2022/mid 2023, the remaining games will be remastered while we wait to keep people invested.
After that it's anyone's guess, I reckon Kawazu will retire in a decade or so, I call three more mainlines from him and then the curtain falls on this franchise, I doubt anyone will carry the torch.
>>
>>1783964
I will carry the torch
>>
>don't know what scales enemy difficulty
>get ass raped
>know what scales enemy difficulty and play accordingly
>game way too easy
>>
>>1785450
I have a bad habit of googling answers when I get stuck.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.