[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>Almost threw my Switch at the wall
What's the deal with zoomers memeing this shitty ass boss? It's completely broken, based on rng and you can only beat him if you take away his evasion rate, not to mention his bullshit andalucia attack his comes out of nowhere and if he does a critical he can do it up to 3 times. I have no idea how people this is challenging or strategic when the only strategy you can use in this fight is buffs and debuffs, how is that "strategic"?
I really want an honest non meme answer, do you guys actually think this infuriating piece of shit boss is good?
>>
>>1770386
>The Moor gets filtered by Andalucia
History is like poetry. It rhymes.
>>
>>1770386
Made me reply
>>
>1770386
>Almost threw my Switch at the wall
>Switch
Every fucking time
>>
>>1770386
We must be generous with our (You)s. Let none go without their (You).
>>
>>1770386
How weird I see this post just as Matador came up for me and I forgot about it. I was thinking he came up at a different point and not the Gaza tunnel for whatever reason, I forgot to save right after getting the dollar bill too. And I even recruited all the demons I needed to make the buff spells I need to cheese him and put off fusing them until it was time. This post is like insult to injury. I'm sorry I was being so oblivious.
>>
File: gigachadshrek.jpg (62 KB, 565x1089)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>1770386
>playing a ps2 game on the switch and having the great googly mooglies to call other people a zoomer.
>>
>>1770555
Whats wrong with playing it on the switch? ive wanted this shit portable for years.
>>
>>1770386
he's kinda bs. I dicked around in the dlc dungeons for a while when I hit him because he killed me twice.
came back with a level 26 demi fiend and scraped by
>>
>>1770386
I beat him on the second try with no buffs/debuffs. You're underleveled.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uUGQ851Xbog
>>
>>1770806
>spamming magic mirror, beads and op items
>still rng based as they can wipe first turn
>>
File: backtov.png (167 KB, 396x382)
167 KB
167 KB PNG
>>
>>1770386
He was an inclusion from the extra-hard kaizo re-release of the game in Japan. They were just too lazy to remove him. That's the whole story, it's not a brilliant game design move to catch you off guard, he was just there for Japanese autists tryhards and they forgot to take him out. The game isn't balanced around it at all, if you don't happen to pick up the two buffing monsters on your way there, you're in for two or three hours of grinding to get some and get them up to speed and unlock their skills.
>>
>>1770386
They're just insecure idiots.

They somehow think this is interesting or a good challenge, when it's just bad pacing

But Nocturne is filled with tedious bosses that are trial and error, grind gates or things with complex cheese solutions no one but autists that create guides figure out (which most of the "hardcore" people on 4chan use, but deny).
>>
File: 1623177547972.jpg (125 KB, 1200x899)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>>1770614
>scraped by while being 11 levels over the standard level where you beat him
>>
>>1771085
yep. grinding was more fun than fishing for demons to fuse
>>
>>1770386
Dude i played on normal and this took me two tries to beat. the point of this boss is to say "you need to understand how this game works before you can move on because it will be hard" if this guy is hard then you don't understand the way you go about winning the game. its not just leveling either.
>>
>>1770614
What a personafaggat.only faggots grind for such an standard boss like duh you get like 3 buffable demons at your side to fight like you've got the entire town at your back and you can't even beat him with that like duh what a flabby weakling
>>
>>1771055
Yeah, I hate the legend of nocturne matador because of this. He's an unfitting DLC boss that amerilards jerk off over, please stop it's embarrassing.
>>
>>1771055
>Maniax is "extra-hard kaizo"
Maybe JRPGs aren't for you.
>>
>>1770386
1. That's not why Matador is bad game design. It's bad because the game never prepares you for enemies like him, instead teaching you to rely solely on hitting weaknesses.
2. The remaster is easier on all difficulties, the enemies are weaker than in the original.
>>
>>1770386
>Matador is good at evading

WOOOOOOOOW HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT
>>
>>1770386
>>1770399
samefag
>>
>>1770386
ONE MORE PLEB FILTERED
>>
you literally get fog breath and a magatama that gives you null force, how is this boss even remotely difficult? everything you need you can get on demi-fiend, you dont even need to fuse anything special even though that'd make it even easier. game is over once you fuse daisoujou as well
>>
>>1770386
> based on rng
His second phase isn't based on RNG at all, it is set entirely to how much health he has for when he switches. Once he goes second phase he stops RNG choosing strategies entirely. His turn boosting also has a none RNG condition of nullifying ALL of his speed boost.
Fucking plebe.

>>1773967
Andalucia is a physical attack skill, he uses this during his second phase. This is generally what will kill you.
>>
>>1774068
Some people just dont know how to select defend
>>
>>1774077
His attack pattern in his second phase is to charge his physical attack with Focus. This basically makes Defend useless without a defense buff, at least when I fought him that turned out to be the case.
>>
I didn't think it was that difficult when I played the PS2 version a year ago. "Is that it?" is what I thought. Took me a couple of tries, sure, but most bosses that are not easy do that. I was not playing on hard, though, since I heard it's actually fucking difficult and for people already experienced in the game. Were you playing on hard?
>>
>>1774077
>>1774111
Wtf is Defend?
>>
>>1774077
wait this game has a guard option?
>>
>>1770386
I got Nozuichi and wiped him in a handful of turns. This game is actually incredibly easy, which is surprising because everyone jerks it off as being this ultra tough test of skill. The only boss I had trouble with after was Red Rider. Focus + debuffs break this game.
>>
>>1770386
It's not a good design, but how did you almost throw you switch at the wall lol? Have you never played RPG's before? Level up dumb dumb. He killed me on my first try, I killed some mobs and gained levels then killed him. It's not that hard.
>>
>>1775427
You can just use stone gaze on the powers and then Red Rider is ez mode.
>>
File: 1556660357135.png (654 KB, 900x527)
654 KB
654 KB PNG
>>1770386
>I have no idea how people this is challenging or strategic when the only strategy you can use in this fight is buffs and debuffs, how is that "strategic"?
you can beat him without buffs/debuffs, it's just much harder, the entire point of the fight is to recognize just how important buffs/debuffs are for not just this encounter, but many encounters going forward.
you can use a demon with sakukaja to bring your evasion up to his level or use a demon with rakukaja to bring your defense way up to withstand his assault, it's also prudent to get a demon with media like Uzume, but it's not mandatory, the best way is to just use sakukaja 4 times to match his evasion, having a demon like Nekomata is good because they resist force and have sakukaja.
lots of RPGs have boss gimmicks, this is Matadors, it's not even broken, he just has a skill that buffs his evasion 4 stages, but once you match it, it's fine, then you just have to worry about his general attacks, but he has deceptively little health, so you shouldn't have trouble ending the fight quickly.
>>
>>1773899
lurk more, I called OP a black muslim for being too dumb to defeat Matador.
>>
>>1770386
Nocturne will cheap shot you every now and again on hard mode but it's not that big of a deal. Just try again, it's not like its a long fight.
>>
What was the first boss in the original game where buffs and debuffs mattered, as in without the Maniax "DLC" bosses like Matador?
>>
>>1775765
I only tried playing the original a little bit but because maniax is the only version released in the US it was all in moon runes. So my experience, Thor onwards, pretty much almost all of them just like in what we got overseas when you remove all the extra content. The ones you didn't need it you don't need it in the maniax version.

If anything, maniax is easier then the original because you don't have early access to powerful Demons for a while and there is pretty much nothing forcing you into a minimum level before reaching Thor who can kick your ass already.
>>
Use buffs retard
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brd-uXOEMuA
>>
>>1775859
Remind me how long it is after you fight Matador that you fight Thor? Haven't played it in a while.
>>
>>1776210
Literally the town after Ginza Underpass, Ikebukuro, once you enter the Mantra HQ and get forced into an arena.
>>
>>1775859
I lucked out with Thor and had fused a Raiju because I thought he was cool. Basically killed his turns anytime he used a thunder attack. I would have gotten rekt if I didn't have him.
>>
>>1770386
After playing this for the first time in over 10 years and having not played a megaten game since Apocalypse came out, so I was a bit rusty on the mechanics, I can still say that Matador is a filtering boss. Things go very smoothly up to him and then he arrives and I, being cocky think I'll beat him no problem. Turns out I was woefully unprepared and got my ass kicked like most people who play this game. Well I used the battle to figure out what I could do to get past him. First thing was his mazan attack. I came in with a demon weak to force and he was getting extra turns off of that and finishing me off quickly. So I bought a Magatama from the shop right before you fight him that blocks force and I fused a demon that also drains force so any time he used the mazan attack he was wasting a turn. In addition using buffs really helped as well especially since I notice he just dispels debuffs during my first encounter. I like to use Sukukaja and just dodge a good amount of his attacks including the andalucia attack that was giving OP trouble. The matador boss is where you should take the stuff you've observed over the first 10 hours and put it to use. The game doesn't outright tell you everything, but you should have started to get the hang of the press turn system as you go through all of the easy battles leading up to him. Once you understand what's needed to beat Matador, none of the bosses will give you too much difficulty until the endgame.
>>
hmm he uses force attacks and boosts his agility? maybe I should do something about that.
>>
>>1771055
this. matador wasn't put in to be some epicly hard hurdle for new players, he was designed to be challenging so that people who had played the original had a reason to get maniax.
but since the west didn't get the original release and everyone started with this version (and many people had no experience with SMT prior to this) matador seemed even more surprising and difficult than he was supposed to. this lead to people thinking they're geniuses for able to overcome what they considered le hardest boss of all time
>>
File: hahaha.png (147 KB, 317x224)
147 KB
147 KB PNG
>>1770386
skill issue
>>
holy filtered
>>
LMAO
>>
>>1771097
>the standard JRPG answer was more fun than the mechanic around which the game is based
Just play something else, why waste your time?
>>
This thread can be summarized as "thought Magatama were classes so I didn't learn Fog Breath."
>>
Wait people saying matador is hard isn't just a meme? I beat this dude first try. I might have been a bit over leveled but that's just cause I was focused on trying to recruit all the demons in the area at least once. Had Ame no Uzume, Archangel, and Pyro Jack.
>>
I thought I was shit at rpgs until I read about them on the internet and see people stumble on the easiest shit
>>
>>1783506
Its not a meme, but its not a hard boss. The general populace is just THAT retarded.
>>
>>1783506
Yes shitters who don't think to exploit weaknesses and just want to see numbers go big cannot handle Matador and do exist in large numbers. Although Matador's placement is in exactly the right place to mess with intuition of a veteran but that should only kill you 1-2 times.
>>
>>1770577
smt games are built to be on handheld
>>
>>1770386
Filtered by a literal meme.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.