[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Octopath Traveler.jpg (174 KB, 890x890)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
I played through it casually before but I'd like to replay it again.
How do I go about utterly breaking it and getting extremely overpowered?
>>
Is this game good? Why/how?
>>
>>1624974
Not the op, but I like exploring the world and the gameplay is pretty fun. That said, the game's story can be offputting. How you feel about the various stories and characters may vary, and there's also how characters don't interfere in each other stories in any sort of narrative sense except in the occasional side comment. It's a little too open ended for its own sake.
>>
Figure out what class combinations are broken
There you did it
>>
>>1624965
The most important thing is setting up efficiently and timing your buffs/debuffs for maximum usage. Apothecary is the most important component. Besides that I don't remember much.
>>
>>1624998
This. If you are expecting something like the Tales Of series where the characters have little moments to discuss the plot/world/characters with each other, you will be disappointed.
>>
>>1624974
I found it to be extremely fun and a decent game. The narrative is pretty down to earth, characters are enjoyable and not unnecessarily talkative and the gameplay is a mish-mash of old and new. For a comparison: imagine a cross between the SaGa games (considerable open-worldness), Final Fantasy I~III (narrative style), Shin Megami Tensei (focus on weakness exploitation) and Final Fantasy V/Bravely Default/ (job/class customization with a mix and match of abilities).
>>
>>1624998
I think Octopath is like a SaGa game where you do all the different characters' routes in one go instead of as separate playthroughs
>>
Is there any point in wrapping up all of the side quests after unlocking the final dungeon?
>>
>>1625084
>if you expect the game to be something that it doesn't say it is on the box, you'll be disappointed

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.