[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_7311.png (8 KB, 174x162)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
Why does Fatlus refuse to release the older Persona games for modern consoles?
>>
Persona 1 was on the PS1 mini, lmao.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1mAt1RVOLU
>>
>>1623352
Just emulate it dumbass.
>>
>>1623352
Because they have actual gameplay? They are not dating sims, you know?
>>
>>1623352
Why would they? would you port a nineties game to fucking PS4\Switch? if you want to play just emulate them
>>
>>1623429
>Romancing Saga 2 gets ported from the SNES to PS4
>sells so much it convinces Square to keep porting the series
Why wouldn't Atlus take the risk as well?
>>
>>1623429
>would you port a nineties game to fucking PS4\Switch?
See Romancing SaGa 2, Romancing SaGa 3, SaGa Frontier, Legend of Mana, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 5, Final Fantasy 6, Final Fantasy 7, Final Fantasy 8, Star Ocean, etc.
Inb4 "well, those are all Squeenix. They can afford to do it". Pretty sure Atlus can afford to do it too, considering they've already released SMT1 to mobile.
>>
Cost vs profit.
>>
>>1623882
>already released SMT1 to mobile
you mean the iOS port that they immediately forgot about and let die? shit take
>>
>>1624572
How does that refute the point that Atlus could port their older stuff if they wanted to?
>>
>>1624584
the point is they obviously don't want to or they would have done it already.
>>
>>1623352
>modern consoles?
The old games are 200mb at most, there isn't anything to put through the shitty upscaler.
>>
>>1624624
No one disagreed with that point. I'm just saying they have the capacity to do it, considering a much larger company like Squeenix does it routinely. I think it's pretty clear that Atlus doesn't care to do so.
>>
>>1623352
Atlus has hundreds of 'coulds' that would bring them millions of dollars, but they simply don't because they don't give a fuck. Nusona is the only gravy train they really care about
>>
just buy the upcoming port of nocturne to show theres a makret for it. p4g port was a smash hit iirc so they seem to opening up about it
>>
>>1623352
PSP sold like hotcakes in Japan yet the PSP ports bombed like shit. That convinced Atlus to wipe their hands of anything from oldsona more than minor references and dancing songs.
>>
>>1623420
persona 1 and 2 have absolute dogshit irredeemable combat, the newer games absolutely improved on everything
>>
ATLUS ruled some old boomer retards who are mentally still stuck in 90s or even 80s. They don't want any radical changes, don't care about rest of world, stick with one console per game etc. Tnanks god for SEGA's friendly slap. At least ATLUS start to realise how to make more money for their new yakuza overlords.
>>
>>1623352
They have barely started to port the actual good Persona games to modern console, the meme ones will have to wait.
>>
>>1625515
At least Persona 2 has a decent story although I don't think it's as great as boomers make it out to be. Combat isn't even the worst part of the game though imo. Worst part is the shitty summon system instead of a fusion system. Made getting new personas a total chore and ruined a cool negotiation system by turning it into a grind.
>>
>>1623352
I want Fatlus to remaster the SMT DS/3DS games for PS4/Switch but that sounds unlikely.
>>
>>1627289
Problem is devs are too lazy to make a work around for the dual screen problem. I mean just look at how half assed nocturne remaster is.
>>
File: 602.jpg (269 KB, 750x732)
269 KB
269 KB JPG
because
>>
>>1626982
no the worst part are the DUNGEONS. the dungeons are fucking atrocious. i have never seen worse dungeons than in p2. they all feel and look exactly the same outside the school ones, just endless meandering labyrinth with nothing uninteresting to see. navigating htem is a pain because the space in the dungeons is completely pointless, it's just there to waste your time. it's like every single dungeon in persona 2 is like SMTIVA's yhvh's universe
>>
>>1628474
I dance to Lone Prayer everyday.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoRTdEaz2Uk
>>
I think it's pretty clear that Sega sees profit in porting old shit to PC since they do it with their own properties. Atlus can only hold out for so long before their corporate overlords force them to at least port over the PSP versions.
>>
>>1623352
bump
>>
>>1628494
I beat both P2 games and didn't really have an issue with any dungeon other than the timed ones. I don't think the dungeons were particularly good but they were pretty tame in comparison to some of the dumb shit in P1.
>>
I'm surprised they haven't ported Persona 3 Portable to an actual console yet. It'd probably take a lot more effort than porting P4G over to PC, but they'd still profit on it.
>>
I have grown so disillusioned with altus so I would say just emulate them. With the complete lack of effort and interest from altus with the 25th anniversary and other non-peronsa 4 and 5 games it shows hows little they give a shit. Fuck em
>>
>>1623389
/thread
>>
>>1623352
This is hardly just a Fatlus problem. Namco, Sega and Square are sitting on a load of shit.
>>
>>1631167
Problem with porting P3 is that they'd probably do FES instead of Portable and you'll have tards triggered by the lack of Femc as if it matters.
>>
>>1623352
Because they are pretty bad and would need remakes to actually become worthwhile.
Like the original Persona 1 has less of a story than the original Etrian games. How the fuck would that fly by today, when even the SMT mainline games get quite a bit of story? It's also a fairly boring game, with convoluted mechanics and way too many random encounters combined with generally slow speed.

Persona 1 + 2 are dead. Either you fully remake them, or you leave them alone. And really, they should just make new games instead of completely remaking those games. Those remakes would be essentially new games already anyway, just with the same general story, which especially in Persona 1 wouldn't work well.
>>
>>1632490
I wouldn't mind if they completely remade the 2 games into a new game but I know they never will cause there's no way they could cram it into the calendar slice of life formula of the new games.
>>
>>1632465
I think if the do a FES port (with added team control if people bitch about it like they did with random fusion in nocturne) people will chill out, if it sells well enough and there is a good demand they can do a femc dlc or something
>>
Are there any mods on emulator to allow for controllable allies in FES?
>>
>>1632508
Yes, its a gameshark or action replay thing if i remember right, but the game difficulty goes down into the drain though
>>
>>1632512
I'd rather a game be stupid easy than difficult cause I didn't get good rng on what retarded decision Junpei is going to make. inb4 its in character for him.
>>
>>1632902
>i'm not bad at the game, it's the other people coping because they can game the system properly
>>
>>1632939
troll or your reading comprehension sucks.
>>
>>1632902
Fair enough, personally i agree as even with Atlus (retarded) reasoning it did not make too much sense to not be able to control them, they balacing the game on Ai choices is purely on them
>>
>>1626982
I had no incentive to fuse personas for my party. I used the base ones till level 14, then I fused some for my party which they used till 36, then I got the ultimate ones which I beat the game with. Fusion skills are the best part of the game but they make it so fucking easy.
>>1628494
I thought it wasn't too bad going through the dungeons in the PSP remake of IS.The encounter rate is incredibly annoying sometimes but if you can figure out how to abuse the contact system and make enemies eager for quick cards, it makes the dungeoncrawling slightly less tedious. The PS1 games are fucking stupid though and I dropped EP because it felt like such a massive downgrade. Atlus is mentally retarded for how they released the duology in the West
>>
>>1632991
Yeah fusions skills were my favorite part of the duologies gameplay. Kind of disappointed they made them less of a thing in the sequels.
>>
Because they're shit
>>
>>1623389
BUT I MUST CONSOOOOOOOOOOOOM
>>
If they ever do re-release the oldsona is there any chance they'll also localize SMT:if
>>
>>1633011
I like them more than all out attacks, but I dont think they'd be possible to reimplement unless they bring back party members with the same ability that the MC has in 3-5. I think the "persona game" in 1-2 is a better explanation for personas than 3-5 where a character just gets overwhelmed and it comes out. One thing I fucking hated though was healing. I would use Maya's original persona "Maia" to heal since it only cost 3 SP per media, so I'd have to go to Persona > Maya > Maya > Back > Skill > Maya > Media > Media > Back > Back > Persona > Maya > Whatever persona maya had. It was so fucking tedious doing this after every 3 battles when in SMT and other persona games you can just use the skill with no hassle
>>
>>1634021
From a lore perspective it is kind of weird that they made only MC able to change personas especially given the whole different masks we face life with thing. I can kind of get why they did it from a mechanics perspective since they wanted to have more party members so giving them each a unique persona gives you a reason to not just use who you like.
>>
>>1634058
They do it so the self insert fags can wank off to their power fantasy of being a special snowflake.
>>
>>1623352
They don't want fans to realize how shit the series became after the first two games.
>>
>>1633234
fuck no. 2 hasnt even had an official western release yet and the only official western release for 1 was on ios
>>
>>1634058
I hope they have 5 member parties in P6/future SMT games. In P3, I could get by with using who I liked (Mitsuru/Koromaru/Shinjiro then Akhiko) and never touched anyone else unless someone was sick. It was probably because the game was really easy except one or two boss fights/a random mamudoon. They could do something like 4A does with elemental affinities and make the characters have elemental buffs like they'd have +3 Ice and +3 healing but have -2 fire and phys skills.
>>
>>1632902
I beat the game with tactics. It's not difficult. The only "hard" parts of Persona 3 are a handful of bullshit minibosses in Tartarus.
>>
>>1634589
wtf. why are you talking about mainline when anon was clearly referring to persona?
>>
File: 1530055816186.gif (2.6 MB, 459x459)
2.6 MB
2.6 MB GIF
>>1628506
>Those fucking lyrics

Goddamit, just ruined Lone Prayer for myself forever.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.