[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: bg3_logo_HD.jpg (2.31 MB, 2560x1440)
2.31 MB
2.31 MB JPG
New BG3 thread.

Post about your adventures in Faerun.

Thread theme music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYWrflRuiFY&list=PLh3auu8A8vZFLbe0GbTMjBNhoPi3xXlA8&index=26
>>
>>1615545
Is it true that what we get in the beta is pretty much the finished product and there will be very little changes from here on?
>>
>>1615569
Lol no, they have said that it is unfinished and they will be making lots of changes. The beta is a watered down version of the first chapter. There is a shit load more to come.
>>
>>1615573
But they havent made any significant changes in 6 months of beta, it's all adjustments and minor stuff
>>
>>1615583
>But they havent made any significant changes in 6 months of beta
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1086940?updates=true
>>
Do you still miss out on a personal questline if you don't pick an origin character? Always found it a bit weird in OS2.
>>
What's taking them so long? I'm not buying until it's out of EA, but unless they've got a lot of work done on later acts behind the scenes, it seems they still have a lot of work to go.
>>
>>1615602
EA is only the first chapter, they are working on the rest of the game.
>>
>>1615545
I really hope they spice the combat up.
Martials in this game are so fucking boring, god DND FUCKING SUCKS BG felt so much better because you will be doing nothing but managing spells anyway and things die quicker but Turn based with the only action being 'auto attack" is snooze worthy
>>
>>1615569
They've confirmed all base races, and classes from 5E handbook will he in the game.

This should include more sub races, and the remaining races: Dragonborn, Gnome, Half Orc.

Remaining classes: Monk, Bard, Paladin, Sorc, Barbarian.

I imagine there's still subclasses to add as well. Wyll "the Blade of the Frontier" is presumably a melee warlock, but Hexblade isn't in yet. There's more companions to be added per data mines.
>>
>>1615627
Really? I thought shoving and throwable junk alone make BG3 martials the most fun in all DnD vidya. Not a high bar, but still.
>>
>>1615627
>with the only action being 'auto attack"
What? You have different attacks you can do, it isn't auto attack.
>>
>>1615635
>There's more companions to be added per data mines.
I haven't been paying attention, are we getting companions that aren't origin characters?
>>
>>1615635
There's obviously going to be more content you idiot. What it means is that the gameplay is pretty much set in stone.
>>
>>1615646
At least one. Minsc who was apparently turned into a statue, and only recently recovered. I believe there's a connection to Descent into Avernus as well, but I'm not informed enough to know the full details.
>>
>>1615650
>Is it true that what we get in the beta is pretty much the finished product and there will be very little changes from here on?

Just answering this limp dick's question. Don't get your panties bunched up.
>>
>>1615674
Based
>>
>>1615661
I was joking about this when the game was just announced, since Wizards are turning their own setting into capeshit. Don't really feel like laughing right now.
>>
>>1615639
That's false.
>>
File: Octavia.png (367 KB, 996x254)
367 KB
367 KB PNG
>>1615674
Sorry, paizocuck, you won't run away from the truth.
>>
File: Octavia 2.png (827 KB, 757x503)
827 KB
827 KB PNG
>>1615708
>>
>>1615715
Based, and in Pathfinder one can in fact be a woman.
>>
>>1615545
>>>/vg/
Fuck off with your BG-generals
>>
>>1615726
Dilate.
>>
>>1615686
D&D has always been capeshit.
>>
>>1615686
Lol the trailer with the Nautiloid being chased by dragon riders was Avengers tier cape shit.

I clapped.
>>
>>1615795
Retard.
>>
>>1615837
I'm just joking. I didn't actually clap you grouchy nigger.
>>
>>1615773
Elminster was capeshit, but most D&D didn't turn into capeshit until level 20 for most of its history. That's a pretty unfair characterization.
>>
>>1615873
Anon, most characters in D&D are capeshit. You have beings that can do magic, are insanely strong, can teleport and do all kinds of shit.

Tell me how this is any different to superhero capeshit?
>>
>>1615886
Its cloakshit, not capeshit.
:^)
>>
>>1615886
No. Rpgs are about rags to riches not being born with super powers and doing "awesome" shit
>>
>>1616012
Whatever your head cannon tells you anon.
>>
>>1616012
Lmao. Yeah what anon said.
>>
>>1615545
Is this the cuck game?
>>
>>1615708
>the truth
BG3 is made by literal cucks who are advocating cuckoldry. It's a literal cuck's game & seeing how you faggots are coping, I'm beginning to suspect, that's it's a cuck's game with cuckoldry in it made for cuck players, making it a TRIPLE KEK GAME. You should just make CCC general, at this point imo.
>>
>>1616265
I kneel memelord
>>
>>1616108
Yes. It's also pozzed.
>>
File: based department.jpg (38 KB, 410x598)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>1616265
>>
Stop replying to cuck posters. You are giving them the attention they are seeking.
>>
>>1615592
In 6 months they added Druid
>>
>>1615635
All the races just look like humans, pretty sure they all share the same mesh so far. Larian is lazy and pathetic
>>
>>1615545
There's 5 hours of content so far what the fuck are you doing? There are 1000 people in game on steam right now its dead
>>
>>1615661
Whether Minsc was a statue, or was simply reincarnated through wild magic, is up for debate, and isn't really important. You're wrong about one thing, though - he IS an Origin Character. He also got partial amnesia during the events of his comic, which serves as the direct prequel to the game, which screams "there's a twist, so we gave him amnesia since he would spill the beans."
Another Origin Character from the same comic series is a tiefling scholar.. From Candlkeep.
>>
>>1616598
OH snap. I'm more interested in that aspect now.
>>
>>1616598
We won't have TWO female tiefling origins.
>>
>>1615545
I love turn based rpgs like the original Fallouts, Expedition Vikings, Wasteland 2 + 3, etc but I can't stand the D:OS combat style because combat takes 30 minutes minimum and if you fuck up and have to reload you have to do it all over again. I just can't get into Larian's games no matter how hard I try.
>>
>>1616598
>Origin Character
It's really Baldur's gate ?
>>
>>1617038
I'm pretty sure Fallouts have slower pace, but, either way, one of the things I noticed first in BG3 is how fast the combat is. Faster than OS1/2 and maybe faster than any other turn-based game I've ever played.
>>
>>1617073
>I'm pretty sure Fallouts have slower pace
They don't.
>>
>>1617021
Who is the second one?
>>
>>1617049
Because there were no origin characters in BG1 right?
>>
>6 Months
>Literally one fucking class

Predict what century BG3 will release in?
>>
do they have any plans for fixing/improving combat? its pretty boring
>>
>>1617190
Karlach has hours of datamined voicelines for all occasions. She's all but officially confirmed.
>>
>>1617863
Yes they're adding magic armor, and armor armor ala DOS2.
>>
>>1618145
They're not. Dilate, paizotranny.
>>
>>1618218
Meds schizo
>>
>>1618118
Hmm... so either the scholar I've mentioned has been replaced, or will be a temporary companion. Though she was also signified as an Origin Character... strange.
Then there's "The Kid" about whom I've written before.
>>
>>1618322
At this point, it's safe to assume only companions whose voicelines have been datamined, or voicelines referring to whom were datamined. Those are
>Minsc (only referring to him)
>Helia (only referring to her)
>Karlach (both)

There's also some scholar who sounds like he's a tiefling, but he's male. He has very few voicelines, but they do refer to a tadpole in his head. He's probably only an NPC.
https://youtu.be/-vIApZwLfLI
Listen to this, and make your call.
>>
I still expect more 2 more party members that may be mined in the next major update.
>>
>all this talk about companions
>in a co-op game
>>
>>1618571
It's not a co-op game, because I don't have friends.
>>
>>1618322
>>1618332
If that's the case, then "The Kid" dos indeed refers to the Custom Origin character... and Larian has already confirmed that the Custom Origin will be a native Baldurian... and CHARNAME lived there for several decades... and we're someone's "kid"...
>>
>>1618757
>and Larian has already confirmed that the Custom Origin will be a native Baldurian
Neither the drow, nor the githyanki are baldurian.
>>
>>1618757
How do you imagine CHARNAME's githyanki progeny anyway?
>>
>>1618759
Take it up with Larian. Those were their statements.

>>1618762
A child of Bhaal always has the race of their mother, so maybe it's the same with Bhaalspawn?
>>
>>1618759
Well, in 5E Sword Coast has been retconned into a fantasy California, with every fucking race on the planet living in perfect tolerant harmony, so of course there will be drow inhabitants living in Baldur's Gate, what's the issue?
>>
>>1615545
>playing the cuckoldry sim
ishygddt
>>
>>1618808
Sorry, you want the Pathfinder thread.
>>
>>1618775
No, I'm speaking literally. Every character has a Baldurian tag, except for githyanki and the drow, who don't. As a drow, you can even have a flashback to how you were kidnapped, and it didn't happen in Baldur's Gate.

>>1618797
Nice to see /pol/tards don't play the games they shitpost about.
>>
>>1618808
>cuckoldry
if you're acting like a cuck you get cucked.
>>
>>1618797
damn 5e is such shit
i think larian regrets taking this project on somewhat
d&d when they initially asked to make bg3 and now when they were offered it seem so different to them
they were also forced to significantly upsize to deal with it
>>
>>1615773
Get fucked before 1990 or so, D&D was not capeshit. Not until 2e splatbooks and not until 3e in the core books was it retarded capeshit garbage.
>>
>>1618840
I know, which puzzles me, since it contradicts their earlier statements. Also makes me curious if there will be more than one "custom" stories.
>>
Hey guys good to see all the usual faces. I wanted to ask you:
How do you think each of the companions will react to arriving at Baldur's Gate, and if applicable how will your relationship be affected if at all?
>>
game is too hard, waiting for an easy difficulty to be implemented before buying. I'm here to relax not minmax shit
>>
>>1618943
That depends on the Origin, I think. If you're playing the Baldurian one, I imagine the city will have a shitload of unique content, since you'll simply KNOW a lot of the people there.
The same with a Baldurian character and Minsc. You SAW his statue, and KNOW it disappeared when a dragon attacked the city, along with rumours that the Beloved Ranger has returned.

Come to think of it, you should fucking RECOGNISE Minsc, know what he's done in his lifetime, and be able to ASK him about CHARNAME.
>>
>>1618959
At this point I already hate everything surrounding Minsc. Bringing this character back is just cheap.
>>
>>1618959
Come to think of it #2: Won't you simply have a family and home there?
>>
>>1618966
Minsc has been brought back way before the game was worked on. And his appearance was a blessing in disguise, since it made the game's events - not the novels - canon. Within the novels, Minsc is a completely different, extremely minor character.

>>1618966
Imagine if the female/male character you create as the second one turns out to be your spouse. That would be ballsy as hell.
>>
>>1618967
>Won't you simply have a family and home there?
Good idea. But too much work friend. I bet, you will be some kind of orphan as then they don't have to create CHARNAMEv2 family. Extra lazy points will be awarded for them dying not long before game starts (they were in square when Bhaalbowl between CHARNAME and Viekang happened, epic and sad) and so you will have no major ties with NPCs (like with other street urchins) in the city.
>>
>>1618943
Write your own game, Swen.
>>
File: criticalrole fjrod.jpg (296 KB, 1661x2048)
296 KB
296 KB JPG
Paladin, Hexblade and Bladesinger when?
>>
File: bg3nohomo.png (574 KB, 1428x701)
574 KB
574 KB PNG
>>
>>1619155
Wow, I've never seen an orc who looks like a flaming faggot before.
>>
>>1619162
kek'd hard. this is what i imagine cuckposters are like.
>Do you want to be cucked?
>Picks Yes
>wtf why is this a cuck game?!?!
>>
>>1619166
Welcome to the present.
>>
>>1619166
half orc
>>
LARIAN IS AFK WHERE IS THE NEXT PATCH GUYS
3 MONTH ALREADY
>>
It's a bug that you can kill all companions by simply running near them, right?
>>
>>1617021
he said, blissfully oblivious to the modern prevalence of cookiecutter freakshit
>>
>>1619331
>LARIAN IS AFK WHERE IS THE NEXT PATCH GUYS
They're announcing the next patch live at E3
>>
File: 1609355731962.jpg (9 KB, 320x381)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
why does playing warlock suck so much? I really wanted to be one in the full game
>>
>>1618841
>>1618839
Stop replying to the cuck posters, they do it for attention and you are giving it to them.
>>
>>1619795
Don't worry, in tabletop warlock sucks just as much. People dip into him for a few levels for a few early features, and then forget the rest of the class exists.
>>
>>1619795
Sucks you only get eldrich blast as your main attack. Everything else sucks.
>>
>>1619795
Eldritch blast is best cantrip
>>
>>1620166
It is the best attack you get and the one you will use the most. Arms of Hadar is pretty good but it is a once per battle spell.
>>
>>1615646
Almost certainly, though probably not a ton. Halsin 100% seems like he's going to be the main druid companion.
>>
>>1615592
They've added stuff but fuck me they're going slow. They've added 1 class and some tweaks and QOL shit.
>>
>>1619813
You are correct about tabletop. I cannot convince anyone I've played 5e with that this is true. I have no idea why they think this isn't the case.
>>
>>
>>1615708
Why don't GB3 cucks just embrace the cuckoldry? Or is that part of being a cuckold?
>>
>>1620236
Keep seething, paizotranny.
>>
>>1615715
What's wrong with a MFF love triangle?
>>
>>1615715
I don't think that's real. You can't romance both of them - you quite literally cuck one of them to death.
>>
>>1617192
what did he mean by this
>>
Browsing /vrpg/ for the last few months, I've come to realize that WRPG fans fall into two catagories:
1) Being sick of all the pozzed woke shit being shoved into their games, they have become cynical and angry
2) They are pozzed and woke, they cynical and angry of everyone who isn't pozzed and woke
>>
>>1620428
You forgot the few anons who are tired of cucks screaming about cucks and are just here to enjoy good vidya.
>>
>>1615545
is this the cuck song about the cuck guy getting cucked down by the river in the cuck game?
>>
>>1616265
the writers are got THAT look. You know those polynamorous breed of autistic wierdos that you would see working at cons that fuck all their friends. Baldurs gate 3 is the biggest cuck game yet.
>>
Reminder to not reply to cuck posters. They are just trolls and attention seekers.

They also get mad when you ignore them.
>>
>>1615545
>bg 3 thread
>60 post about cucks

Are rpg players truly the worst basement dwelling retards?
>>
>decide to check/v/ again
>bg3 discussion on there actually focuses on gameplay and story content
Is it over?
>>
File: 1601662915584.jpg (56 KB, 620x510)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>people whining about cuckposting while defending that the devs spent time to implement cuckshit when the game isn't even in a finishable state for mainstay classes
>>
>>1620587
just the new ones
>>
>>1620898
There is no cuckshit in the game.
>>
>>1615569
the EA is not going to change significantly, no.
But the real game will have a lot more content.

This is how Larian operates, and is arguably a better strategy than slowing releasing the whole game. Instead you have a sneak peak, and then suddenly the whole game.
>>
>>1619166
You've never played Kingmaker.
>>
>>1620221
but this game is quite different from D&D proper.

In BG3, the ranking is:
S: Fighter, Rogue
A: Ranger, Wizard
B: Druid, Warlock
C: Cleric
>>
>>1620994
Cleric is S tier though.
>>
Is there gonna be a kensai class in this game? Are they still OP? I don't really play dnd.
>>
>>1621037
There may be a Kensei, who is now a monk subclass. They're okay.
>>
Finally, I’ve been searching all over for the cuck general. So tell me, fellow cuckolds, how long do i have to play this for my first cucking scene to occur?
>>
>>1618145
just some cooler animations for attacking/casting spells would be okay
>>
'>>1621064
I played dual wield kensai in bg, i searched up baldur gate 3 dual wield in youtube and found an ranger build, i guess it's a no for me then cuz rangers are gay af.
>>
File: 1599246058355.png (17 KB, 509x423)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
>>1618808
rent free pathfinders
>>
>>1621027
not in BG3, literally the worst class.
Wizard does everything the Cleric does but better.
>>
>>1621064
BG3 is full of magic weapons and of consumables.
This makes martial classes that use weapons much better than anything else.
>>
I love you gale!
>>
Honestly you incels can just fuck right off to your pathfinder general. As long as the girls loves you and comes home to you, it literally doesn't matter who she is with. Grow up and become more secure in yourself.
>>
u guys know any good exploits yet? best one ive found is invisible shoving rando npcs into holes for extra exp
>>
Have Larian fixed the horseshit RNG in dialogue skill checks yet, or do they actually want you to use tadpole powers every chance you get?
>>
AAAIIEEEEEEEEE Pathfinderchads I kneel
>>
>>1621370
you reach the level cap pretty quick so it's useless to try to maximize xp
>>
>>1621397
imagine complaining about RNG in a D&D game
>>
>>1621397
>horseshit RNG
That is how D&D works anon, everything is rng.
>>
>>1615545
As someone new to these games I've been having a bit of fun, but man all these characters look like apes. Well most of them why is it so trash?
>>
>>1620994
I think this has something to do with Larian having m*rtials be the laughing stock of their last two games.
>>
>don't want to be a rogue
>don't want Astarion

Goodbye lockpicking
>>
>>1622633
What characters?
>>1622653
At least you can smash some doors in
>>
>>1621334
You again
>>
>>1622653
Just use Astarion to pick locks then send him back to camp.
>>
>>1622633
Gale looks like he's got some kind of birth defect and the goblin of legendary proportions is a goblin of legendary proportions, but I'm not seeing it for the others.
>>
>>1615545
Is the combat system (armor and magic resist) the same retarded shit it was in DOS2?
>>
>>1622682
No, just normal armor.
>>
>>1618971
If a game had not only design-a-waifu but actual story interactivity with said waifu it would make a fuckton of money, I wonder if Larian considered this.
>>1619155
Fuck that shit, where the fuck is Monk?
>>
>>1622682
No, armors are gone and RNG is back.
>>
Are the going to add the option of building a fully custom character? You only get ones with preset stats at the moment.

I want to make a fist wizard.
>>
>open up browser
>go to /vrpg/
>click on bg3 thread
>control f cuck
>38 results
>close browser
>>
>>1622778
39 results now you motherfucker.
>>
>>1622783
It's a cuck's game, what did you expect? It's not even an insult, it's earned.
All the devs had to do was to NOT ADVERTISE AND DEFEND KEKOLDRY.
Why the fuck would anyone even do that? It was a supposed to be a common sense to keep your bedroom stuff to yourself in the first place.
>>
>>1622823
What the fuck are you talking about? There is no c*cking in the current state of the game. The devs teased some love triangles to come which could involve all of the companions, but nothing has actually surfaced yet. And if you think someone having sex with an acquaintance after you reject them first (presumably because you weren't interested) is c*cking then I don't know what to say.
>>
>>1622778
Stop replying to them, you are giving them reason to keep making posts.
>>
File: 123589742.webm (2.99 MB, 1280x720)
2.99 MB
2.99 MB WEBM
So this is the power of hide.
>>
>>1622887
I expect they'll change this, even though a lot of people abused this endlessly in the current patch
>>
>spill the whole jug
I don't get it.
>>
>>1622867
>It's a cuck's game
>There is no c*cking in the current state of the game.
Learn your fucking grammar.
>>
>>1622615
Why is there no Take 10 or Take 20 for traps or lockpicking then?
>>
update when

half-orcs when
>>
>>1622963
For sure that's just dumb. One thing the EA so far doesn't deal with at all is walking away. Druid grove gates fight you can sneak away, use the side door to enter the grove and it's all "thank you for helping". Another thing I wonder about is leaving Gale dead and moving on to next act. Works right now, will it in release?
>>
bg3 is a scam
>>
>>1623245
You're a scam.
>>
>>1623245
>paying for privilege of being a tester
>it's a full AAA price at that
What kind of cuckery is?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (18 KB, 208x221)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>>1623295
I got it on a whim and I'm mostly enjoying it. Not worth paying full price for EA though.
>>
>>1623245
Dilate, paizotranny.
>>
>>1623366
Have you red Tom Sawyer's adventures? There's this story arc about painting a fence & it really reminds me of this early access business with computer games.
>>
>>1620428
And the ones, who just like to play good games and aren't constantly seething about shit, but neither enjoy woke stuff.
>>
I don't like any of the 5 current companions. The only tolerable one so far is Gale.
I really hope they give you the option to just make a full party of player created characters insetad of these typical Larian companions that have never been good or entertaining.
>>
>>1623583
All other modern CRPGs let you create custom party members, but I think Larian treat it as a privilege befitting only chads who have friends.
>>
>>1623653
That's one of the main reasons I enjoyed OS1 more than OS2 - being able to create 2 characters with lone wolf and not have to deal with any of the shitty companions in game.
>>
>>1623474
>Have you red Tom Sawyer's adventures? There's this story arc about painting a fence
fuckin kek
>>
>>1622653
there are many other classes that work well with dex
>>
>>1622682
are you retarded? It's D&D 5e.
>>
>>1623132
there is, you do roll for these things
>>
>>1624010
There's no take 10 or take 20 function in Baldur's Gate 3, are you retarded? Do you even know what I'm referring to?
>>
>>1620994
>>1621027
None of the good cleric subclasses or abuses are in BG 3 yet. No warcaster 5th level clreic dodge action spirit guardians yet. Life is ok, but boring and trickery is pure shit.
>>
>>1624118
the game will automatically roll a dice to tell whether you succeed a perception, trap disarm or lockpicking check.
>>
>>1624185
even with that, given that wizard has access to all cleric spells and free 18 int, wizard will always outclass cleric
>>
>>1623132
Because you don't have 20 sets of lockpicks /disarm kits, duh.

>>1624415
>wizard has access to all cleric spells
That doesn't sound right. Please don't tell me Wizards learning divine spells from scrolls is an intended 5e thing.
>>
>>1624489
It's not intended. But it's still not removed from BG3, despite the ease of the fix, which kind of makes you wonder.
>>
>>1622615
5e more than most editions.

They might as well made all the skill checks coin tosses.
>>
>>1624541
>which kind of makes you wonder
Not really. I find the complete radio silence on Larian's part more interesting. I guess OS2 was less ambitious, but they still pumped out major updates every 2 months or so during the EA.
>>
File: BG3 release.png (31 KB, 690x415)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
2022 release, lads. We're gonna be waiting a long time.
>>
>>1625624
lanre is my favorite developer :DDD
>>
Anyone here played multiplayer who could tell us how does dialog work? Is it listening in like in dos2 or can others take part incase they have a tag for more options?
>>
>>1625780
The other players can't take part. Only listen and the npc dialogue doesn't change when another player tries to talk to them, they just have the same convo. It would make the game twice as fun for co-op if they could join in the conversation or if the npc's at least akniwledged the other conversation they just had when talking to another player, though this sounds like an unrealistic expectation at this point.
>>
>>1625895
Real shame that is. Pointless early access cry out to nonexistent devs present to make the whole party take part in convos if they so choose.
>>
>>1615708
>ha ha
>>
Someone I talked to mentioned an evil route.
I need details, stat. Do you put babies' heads on pikes for smaller quest rewards or do you actually do something cool?
>>
>>1626043
You can ally yourself with the goblins and help them assault the druid grove, that is the "evil" route for act 1. So long as you have the blade of frontiers guy with you in the goblin camp you can have him torture a prisoner and you can bully a guy stuck in a windmill. That's all I have.
>>
>>1626043
>>1626073
And sure there is the worm inside your head "evil" route. AUTHORITY.
>>
>>1626079
3 posts to get to a point but the worm only happens in dialog and is a free pass.. AUTHORITY. Gives you dreams and some companion banter, remains to be seen what else.
>>
>>1626088
Can you exploit the tadpole powers and continue to deny it's advances in dreams?
>>
>>1626097
The one path I didn't fully explore. Was ok to deny it once but I think I gave in after.
>>
>>1615635
Can I be a Goblin Monk in this game?
>>
>>1626115
You will never be a goblin sorry anon.
>>
>>1620977
the EA should be all of act 1. All we have now is Act 1A. 1B should release in EA eventually.
>>
>>1625624
Fail.

1/10 you tried.
>>
>>1622659
Yep! And I love Gale! :)
>>
>>1625895
>It would make the game twice as fun for co-op if they could join in the conversation
Definitely. The dialogue awkwardness in co-op is the one big issue, in my eyes, that Larian just refuse to address or even acknowledge. I get that it's hard, and even harder now, with their cinematic focus, but it'd elevate co-op to a new level.
>>
>>1625757
Lanre Malaolu is the name of Wyll's voice actor, genius.
>>
>>1626694
Gale fag pls ho
>>
File: Breaking news.gif (32 KB, 350x400)
32 KB
32 KB GIF
https://youtu.be/8xZhtM4NZb0

New datamining video. A lot of it, we've already discussed thousand times over - things like Jaheira appearing, or Astarion having an infernal pact on his back, but there's also new stuff.
>Karlach is slowly receiving a new model. Her new model is fuckhuge, and her face is scarred on one side. She still has a paladin tag.
>A model of a hollyphant - a celestial - has been datamined. Possible ties to Zariel.
>There's an unfinished cutscene of Shadowheart trying to murder Lae'zel over the puzzle box. Trying to keep them both in the party is possible, but incredibly difficult. It's easier, if you play as Lae'zel.
>A katana has been datamined, and it probably belongs to Wyll.
>>
>>1615595
Probably. They're trying to fix that, so far. In comparison to DOS2, it's better. But it's pretty clear some options got way more love and attention than others. Like playing as a custom Drow or a Gith gives you way more than if you were playing as a human or an elf.
>>
>>1627006
>that Karlach model
It's actually worse than I expected. Larian is doing this shit on purpose I assume.
>>
>>1615635
I'd like Hexblade, but I doubt we'll ever get that.
>>1615646
Possibly. Kevin VanOrd suggested it as a possibility, though nothing is confirmed by this point.
>>1618322
What's the deal with a kid?
>>
>>1627046
We don't know, and don't trust anyone who tells you otherwise. The Kid is an origin. Some people argue that it's CHARNAME's kid, because it's the only origin that doesn't refer to the character by name.
That is not true. Helia is referred to in the same breath as the DenLeader, not her name - which is Helia.

It could still be CHARNAME's kid.
>>
>>1620322
Doesn't seem like a love triangle, more like a ménage à trois.
>>
>>1621355
I'm not one of the cuckposters, but this is bait, isn't it? Because this sounds like something someone screenshot for cringe with a "cope" caption.
>>
>>1622645
Clerics are bad? I mean, Shadowheart is bad so far. But we only get to level 4, Light Clerics don't start kicking ass till Level 5 with fireball.
>>
>>1622653
Shadowheart has proficiency with that, I think? So you're not screwed if you don't drag the elf around.
>>
>>1622867
There's some screenshot of an old tweet from one of the writers, Kevin VanOrd, saying that RPG Codex called DOS2 a "cuck game" or said they were cuck writers or something. The guy took it as a compliment for some reason? Could be fake. VanOrd is 110% gay, though. But gay dudes don't really count as cucks for some reason. Generally speaking.
>>
>>1623583
I don't think Larian is perfect with their companions, but at that point, wouldn't it just be better to not play the game? It'd be like playing Dragon Age, but for some reason, you never interact with your companions. They'd only give generic responses to things.
>>
>>1627006
You mean I have to choose between Shadowheart and Lae'zel?? fuuuuuuuuuuuu
>>
>>1627006
Christ. I like muscle girls but her new model barely even looks like a female body anymore.

More importantly though, whenmnst'd the fuck are we going to get new classes.
I get why bard and paladin might take a bit longer to make and they're probably tweaking monk a bit so they don't suck fat clock like in the pen and paper game but you can't convince me barbarian still needs more time in the oven when they've literally got one whole fucking mechanic to play with.
>>
>>1627006
>Jaheira appearing

Her model has been datamined months ago, anon. Her husband is in the game already, and their child as well. It was obvious.
Plus Minsc.

To those of you who don't follow current lore - Coran is an influential nobleman in Baldur's Gate, so he's going to pop up, as well.
>>
>>1627073
No, you can make a persuasion check. It will be difficult, but you can savescum.
>>
>>1627081
>Her model has been datamined months ago, anon
Can you fucking read, you inbred neanderthal?
>we've already discussed thousand times over
I get that you wanted to smugly educate me, but maybe sometimes it's better to chew rather than talk.
>>
>>1627070
I think the better option is to stop being a faggot snowflake who gets triggered by anything, but that'd be too hard for anon.
That said, this is different from Bioware's games, companions are pretty much the only thing their games stand on. And I kinda doubt Larian will tie that much content to the companions, since this is still a co-op game.
>>
>>1627092
I knew this was going to come but the thought of it makes me uncomfortable. I always mediate between all my companions (slight Lae'zel bias) and try to broker peace wherever I can. It's interesting though how Shadowheart instigated it (haven't seen the datamine yet). There's going to be some tough decisions to come that's for sure.
>>
>>1623583
Yeah, me too. I think this is the first game since Deadfire in which I hate every single party member and want to see them die. And this includes Karlach the Roid Monster. Now that's impressive.
>>
>>1627081
Wait, husband? Khalid is alive?
>>
>>1620587
Every WRPG thread has people talking about cuckoldry. It’s weird.
>>
>>1615545
Is dis da cuk gam?
Jk when is this gonna release a new update? I want an excuse to replay it instead of another playthrough of WoTR.
>>
>>1627234
Who the fuck knows. Larian didn't even hint at the update, and the last time they hinted at it, about a month passed before it actually came.
>>
>>1627073
Wait, people actually care about the oversized goblin?
>>
>>1623132
Because that's not a rule in 5E.
>>
>>1624542
I've been complaining about this since before 5E even came out. Watching a jacked as fuck Barbarian or Fighter fail an athletics check but then the scrawny wizard who doesn't even have proficiency or a positive STR modifier pass it is fucking bullshit.
>>
>>1627388
Yeah what about it? She's the best companion by far. I trust her the most out of all the others.
>>
File: beautiful.jpg (1.04 MB, 2048x2897)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB JPG
>>1627388
Yes.
>>
>>1627591
God I want to sex with Lae'zel
>>
>>1627006
>Trying to keep them both in the party is possible, but incredibly difficult.
Is it possible to kill them both?
>>
>>1628583
You can kill everyone.
>>
first reply tells me whether to buy now or wait like a year for release
>>
>>1628597
Buy
>>
File: 1602253882590.png (748 KB, 672x931)
748 KB
748 KB PNG
>>1628570
Absolute kino
>>
>>1628606
ok
>>
>>1628755
Post proof and feet.
>>
>>1628597
>release in a year
The game has been in EA for a year and they've added basically nothing except bug fixes for their 1 chapter of gameplay.
>>
>>1628892
They said all along that EA was going to just be chapter one and that they weren't going to be adding new content apart from extra classes l, weapons, and spells etc.
>>
>>1628869
no feet fuck off
>>
>>1628910
Based, enjoy.
>>
File: liar.png (57 KB, 1357x342)
57 KB
57 KB PNG
>>1628903
Swen is a lying sack of shit.
>>
>>1628943
I don't remember him claiming that. I remember him claiming that it's larger than DOS2 EA, by far. Which it is.
>>
>>1627081
>Her husband is in the game already, and their child as well.
Oh wow they're really pushing the cuck angle aren't they. Just disregard everyone who played BG2 and give her some literal who as a husband and now she has a kid too. Fucking kek at these absolute cucks.
>>
>>1628975
Anon, it's been more than a century. The CHARNAME is long dead.
>>
>>1628975
She’s a half elf you weren’t even her first or her second
>>
>>1628943
its not that long, but its pretty damn long, i finished the entirety of wasteland 3 in less time than what it took me to 100% BG3 act one
>>
>>1628999
So? Taking a love interest from a beloved classic that you had nothing to do with and putting her into your cuck simulator by showing off she has a new family is absolute fucking embarrassing. Though seeing that a genuine cuck is in charge of Larian Studio it's really not a surprise.
>>
>>1629021
Oh, you're just a schizo paizotranny. Dilate.
>>
>>1629021
nobody liked jaheira in bg2, it doesnt matter
>>
>>1629021
Why would she pine away her years after you when she started dating again after her husband was brutally murdered?
>>
>>1615545
Are dragonborn in?
Are barbarians in?
Are beefy character body types in?
Is there any confirmation for dragonborn romance?
>>
>>1629321
Not yet.
Not yet, and they probably won't be for a long time because Larian said they want to implement the more complex and wierd classes in first and specifically mentioned Barbarian as the opposite case.
Not idea I haven't reinstalled for this patch yet.
Not yet.
>>
>>1629347
>Not yet, and they probably won't be for a long time because Larian said they want to implement the more complex and wierd classes in first and specifically mentioned Barbarian as the opposite case.
I seriously hope this doesn't mean they add artificer, a class that wasn't even in the phb, over barbarian.
>>
>>1615545
I really want to like it, but the companions just seem so unlikable and the combat seems really boring.

Lets hope they add a real-time with pause option and some better companions.
>>
File: 1558656396275.gif (85 KB, 500x351)
85 KB
85 KB GIF
News when?
>>
>>1629350
Honestly? If Artificer's gonna be in, I'd expect it. The reason they gave is that they want to do the complicated stuff first of all because that way they push themselves to do it well, and also they get more time to test it. So if Artificer is making it, chances are they're gonna give it more priority.
>>
>>1629366
>and the combat seems really boring.
It's 5E. No fucking shit. I've been telling people that this was going to be the case for years now.
>>
>>1627388
I will once we can mod her nose
>>
>>1627388
in terms of builds she's the most useful companion
>>
Can you be a Githzerai yet?
>>
>>1629366
>Lets hope they add a real-time with pause
That is never going to happen. And it's a good thing.
>>
File: Think Gale think.png (652 KB, 1024x701)
652 KB
652 KB PNG
Reddit did good today
>>
>>1629930
If Larian do add it in it'll probably show up when Monk does.
>>
>>1629499
Artificers are not from the PHB and aren't even from the same setting so I wouldn't bet on that. A bunch of lines from warforged have been datamined however so its not completely unlikely, but definitely not for the early access. Maybe we'll get an Eberron DLC content pack down the line with shit like changelings, marked humans, shifters, and Kalashtar.
>>
>>1630095
This Omniman meme is probably the best one in the year so far.
>>
File: 1503602026688.gif (1021 KB, 500x281)
1021 KB
1021 KB GIF
>>1627006
>Karlach is a snusnu
I'm okay with this.
>>
>>1615635
None of that matters if they still plan on capping it to level 10
>>
>>1627006
Pretty sure this guy is also this guy
https://youtu.be/Xpr-ojwqFjo
>>
>>1631039
Wrong. 10 is where all 5e games end.
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/n5b5c4/who_is_your_least_favorite_companion_so_far/

Reddit decided to have a discussion about who's the worst companion is. Lae'zel is leading, unsurprisingly. More surprisingly, Wyll and Astarion are following closely. Then Gale, and then Shadowheart.
>>
>>1631763
Their vision of the game probably plays out like a Simpsons parody.
>>
>>1631831
It's more of a Twilight movie.
>>
>>1627403
Nor should it be because it was always a retarded rule. If a task is trivial then no skill check should be made to begin with.
>>
>>1631763
I don't understand why does everyone want to fuck Gale, but the rest seems appropriate enough. I don't have any issues with Wyll, but, from what I've seen, he tries to act like a normal person in a party of murderhobos and some autist. Figures r*ddit wouldn't appreciate it.
>>
>>1631967
Because there are three candidates - Wyll, who is black, Astarion, who is a gay vampire, and Gale, who most closely resembles a normal person.
>>
>>1631972
Reasonable enough, when you put it that way. Something about his face rubs me the wrong way though. Or it's how he talks. Can't put my finger on it desu.
>>
>>1631977
He is a smug piece of shit. He's just far from Astarion level of smug.
>>
>>1631972
>Astarion, who is a gay vampire
>Gale, who most closely resembles a normal person
Wait how come the gay vampire is more popular with women and the normal sorcerer dude is more popular with gays?
>>
>>1631986
>Wait how come the gay vampire is more popular
It's just a case of an extremely loud minority. Larian already revealed the numbers to us - Gale is actually massively more popular than Astarion.
>>
>>1631990
I know overall that's the case but everytime I see women talk about who they want to romance it's always Astarion
>>
My wife Shadowheart.
>>
That sentimental motherfucker Gale keeps boring me with exposition. "ahem dear friend I wish to share with you a story". Not interested... But the motherfucker goes on anyway... He's pretty much reddit: the companion.
>>
>>1615545
They add paladins yet?
>>
>>1627050
Or "The Kid" is our Baldurian Origin, and we're his child/descendant.
>>
>>1631998
Again, loud minority.
>>
>>1632038
God I want to have baby with her
>>
>>1632100
After me.
>>
>>1632092
I doubt it, even fanart seems to lend to the trend of women prefering Astarion.
>>
>>1632127
Fanart will favor the guy that is a gay deviant art oc
>>
File: 1251251.jpg (9 KB, 259x195)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>1632038
>My wife Shadowfart

ftfy
>>
>>1632175
You villain.
Have at you.
>>
>>1632175
shadowcunt
>>
>>1632038
built for orcs exclusively. i hope they subverse our expectations by making her leave us for another dude like pathfinder did with their elf
>>
>>1632348
If you are a goody two shoes cuck she will leave your group for Ketheric Thorms ghost.
>>
>>1632361
>>1632348
She teased she might have someone waiting for her in Baldur's Gate.
>>
>>1632364
holy fuck that's hot. I hope he's a orc or a black dude.
>>
>>1632374
>>1632348
Dilate, paizotranny.
>>
>>1632364
I'm pretty sure she says that she doesn't have anyone, because "short-term amusements" are less of a pain.
>>
>>1631763
>>1632038
>>1632175
The dev's wife you mean.

>SH gets most ‘!’ reactions up to that point, most cut scenes, and she comments during exploration the most. All of that before we even get to areas that she can potentially be connected to.

>There also were datamined notes showing her reactions being prioritized by the devs’
>>
File: EZI7WGSWsAEpvqj.png (247 KB, 860x840)
247 KB
247 KB PNG
>>1632113
I don't think so bucko
>>
>>1633658
Based Devs
>>
>>1633662
>frogposter
>have sex
kek
>>
>>1633658
Based
>>
>>1622689
5E Monk suck. Four Elements Monk is just joke. PF2E Monk did better job. You can be a straight martial monk, a brawler, a ki wielding caster monk, and a mix of any of these
>>
>>1633763
>Four Elements Monk is just joke.
Yes.
>5E Monk suck.
No.
>>
>>1622689
>but actual story interactivity with said waifu
Divinity OS1 sorta had this if you played its SP autistically enough.
in BG3, this "waifu" character you create is actually the manifestation of your mind-flayer parasite trying to coax you into using its power more, turning you ever more to the dark side
>>
>>1634320
Why do you keep spamming this?
>>
High approval Lae'zel tries so hard to suppress her emotions you can feel the tension. You gotta
start tearing down those walls.
>>1627591
>>
>>1635353
I still wish she was an orc but a Gith mommy domme will suffice
>>
>tfw like shadowheart but dont bring her in my party because she constantly flirts with gale and i hate it
is this mental illness. why do i feel compelled to mate guard against someone who isnt even real.
>>
>>1636146
I have suspicions that Wyll was coming onto Lae'zel and that was the last straw for me. Now I just steer a wide berth around him in my other play throughs.
For Gale though you probably don't have to worry since he simps hard for Mystra. But you will probably have to face some sort of love triangle moment later in the full release.
>>
>>1636158
>But you will probably have to face some sort of love triangle moment later in the full release.

I know its just...why does everyone want to fuck him. Astarion also flirts with him too. I dont get why this unironic nerd such a chad?
>>
>>1636146
If anything you should be more worried about pairing Astarion with Shadowheart, she doesn't really respond to Gale's flirting but she's much more into it with the gay vampire
>>
>>1636194
they're probably teasing him for his sexual repression, I.E. Saving himself for muh Mystra
>>
>>1636146
>>1636158
>>1636194
There should be an option to destroy his arcane boipussy to assert dominance. Why aren't there any CRPGs that let me rape people?
>>
>>1636212
Fallout frontier
>>
>>1636146
I wouldn't worry about Wyll.
https://youtu.be/D-KNBl1PDPE
The things they say about the Blade of the Frontiers? Lies.
>>
>>1633658
Sounds good. I wouldn't want to listen to dudes or a goblin all the time.
>>
>>1633658
She has like a billion fucking dialogue paths compared to Lae'zel which has like 2 generic ones plus something like ~4 long rest [!] moments.
That is a fucking travesty.
>>
>>1633658
>leaks suggest she is actually a brainwashed s*lunite
my opinion is somewhat diminished, but her fucking up Laezel makes up for it.
>>
So they remove the tidbit about Halsin killing Isobel.
What's that about?
>>
>>1637062
Extrapolate your question. Do you know who Isobel is?
>>
>>1615627
Nigga do you know what a coma or period is god damn
>>
>>1637067
Ketheric Thorms daughter.
>>
>>1633763
>, a ki wielding caster monk,
Lol that wouldn't be viable at all
>>
>>1636146
And you wonder why people call this a cuck game?
This is the gayest thing I've read today
>>
>>1637118
"People" don't call it a cuck game. Schizo paizotrannies do.
>>
Do you think minthara can be redeemed? She's probably hiding something within her.
>>
Have they even made anything past act 1?
>>
File: 1612245646450.png (460 KB, 1031x324)
460 KB
460 KB PNG
>>1620355
>You can't romance both of them
>>
File: JUST.jpg (729 KB, 1734x794)
729 KB
729 KB JPG
>>1637715
redeemed in a flaming inferno
>>
File: 1603469027683.jpg (256 KB, 936x992)
256 KB
256 KB JPG
>>1636146
Why don't you just leave Gale at the camp?
>>
>>1637210
"Paizotrannies" don't exist, cuckposting autists do. The question is which thread spawned them - or maybe both threads have their own faggot who shitposts in the rival thread.
>>
>>1637801
None of this is applicable to BG3.
>>
>>1637801
Why would I or anyone do that. Even outside of me personally thinking hes cute; hes probably one of the most mechanically useful companions and also always has something interesting to say.
>>1637118
>2021
>everyone on 4channel is male
>>
>>1638092
Chopping off your dick doesn't mean you're a woman.
>>
>>1637941
I'm willing to be it's not even either or, it's someone from outside entirely who probably just hates new stuff in general.
>>
>>1615545
Why are so many of the companions supposed to be accomplished or famous or whatever when they're all level 1?
>>
>>1637941
I'm the gigachad posting "Is this the cuck game?" in every Pathfinder thread and also posting about Lai'zel and Shadowheart cucking in you in here. But I wasn't the first, I started doing it like a month ago and saw someone doing it before me so I'm keeping the tradition now. You two are the most autistic groups on /vrpg/ so it's fun making you fight for my amusement.
>>
>>1638117
>why is jaheira level 1 when shes a veteran harper
>>
>>1638118
Can you stop aggravating people for your own amusement?
>>
>>1637210
>paizotrannies
i don't get this one. you know paizo didn't make kingmaker, right? that's like saying WOTCtrannies when talking about the baldur's gate CRPGs
>>
>literal nobody claims to have a nickname
>keeps repeating it so at least someone will believe he's somebody (he isn't)
What the hell is Wyll's problem?
>>
>>1638125
it's fun, i check in every few hours on vrpg post a comment or two and then peace out, come back later to a few (You)'s and a few mongols mad. I'd stop if nobody responded but since it just werks I'll keep having fun.
>>
>>1638139
If the nigga was just - as they say - "frontin," that'd be an interesting character concept. But I doubt it.
>>
>>1638125
faggot lmao
>>
>>1633763
What's wrong with 5E monk? I've played Open Palm, Sun Soul, and Kensei on tabletop and they all played just fine. Hell, my Kensei was one of my group's main damage dealers.
>>
>>1638138
Owlcatrannies doesn't roll off the tongue. Besides, Paizo are also thoroughly cucked.

>>1638195
Nothing. Retards look at pure DPR numbers and think that monks are bad. But there's much more to monks than damage. Stunning strike, for example. Whiteroom theorycrafters constantly disregard stunning strike, because it can't be displayed on their excel spreadsheets.
>>
>>1638227
It's p bad since you probably wont be able to stun bosses.
>>
>>1638227
>Stunning strike
That's precisely the problem with 5e monks though. They're stunbots. You have a bunch of cool situational abilities that you can't use because you don't get enough ki points that you're gonna need to save to fuel stunning strikes because its by far the most useful thing you can do. Outside of that you're the worst martial in the game with shit health, MAD as all fuck, bad proficiencies, and an assortment of fairly weak powers and underwhelming subclasses on top of being a martial artist that can't even grapple people for shit.
>>
>Shadowheart is supposed to be some Viconia knockoff
>Give her a nasally 14 year old white girl voice instead of a deep one

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>1638564
She's not anything like Viconia beyond the surface level of being an elf cleric worshipping Shar
>>
>>1638356
>don't get enough ki points for your abilities
True, that's one of the major problems with 4 Elements.
>shit health
A d8 isn't great, but it's doable, especially with Unarmored Defense and Evasion.
>bad proficiencies
That depends a lot on the background you pick, and Stealth, Acrobatics, and Athletics are all pretty good.
>weak powers and and underwhelming subclasses
Besides situational ones like knowing all languages the base powers are fine. And the only really weak subclasses are 4 Elements and Drunken Master.
>can't even grapple
5E lets you use either a Strength (Athletics) or a Dexterity (Acrobatics) check to grapple an opponent, monks can grapple just fine.
>>
>>1638957
And that's literally what I said in my post you flaming homo, edgy thundere Shar cleric, I am not saying she is a 100% copy but the homage is clearly there.
>>
>>1639128
No she's not you mouthbreathing retard, she might be the same character archetype in some aspects but she's not an homage to Viconia, her voice fits perfectly consider she's younger and much less edgy than Viconia.
>>
>>1638117
how smooth is your brain?
>>
>>1638564
How do you know what Viconia sounds like?
>>
>>1638564
women aren't meant to have a deep voice you fucking tranny. and viconia and shadowheart have nothing in common, viconia was just cringe ntr bait with horrible ending. a shit character who appealed to retards exclusively
>>
>>1639139
you massive cocksucking homo, you literally said she is the same character archetype how is that not a homage, what constitutes a homage for you? Her character is clearly a nod to her
>>1639225
Leave your house you obsessed /pol/ schizo, characters even complement her voice in game.
>>
It's amazing how much Shadowheart hates githyanki. You'd think a bunch of them gang raped her or something.
>>
File: 1588681237515.png (284 KB, 1280x738)
284 KB
284 KB PNG
>>1639025
>5E lets you use either a Strength (Athletics) or a Dexterity (Acrobatics) check to grapple an opponent, monks can grapple just fine.
Wrong. You can't use acrobatics to grapple people, only to defend of escape from people grappling you.
https://5e.tools/actions.html#grapple_phb
>>
>>1639728
>CE goblins who think they're better than anyone else because they hunt mindflayers for free
Why wouldn't you hate githyanki?
>>
>>1640972
Everyone deserves a chance to prove themselves.
>>
>>1641019
How very Neutral Good of you.
>>
>>1641042
there's a very thin line between neutral good and neutral evil
>>
>>1641053
I don't see how. Think you meant Chaotic Good and Chaotic Evil.
>>
>Cringe
Lawful Neutral, Chaotic Neutral, Chaotic Good, Chaotic Evil, Lawful Good
>Based
True Neutral, Lawful Evil, Neutral Evil, Neutral Good
>>
>>1641067
TN is the epitome of cringe. Swap it with LG and we're good.
>>
>>1615545
>shit game
>still barebones races
>garbage customization
>shit classes
and dropped lol at all the dumbfucks paying for alpha access
>>
>>1641323
>retard
>>
File: Lae'zel dom.jpg (176 KB, 850x850)
176 KB
176 KB JPG
Guys...
>>
>>1641386
>dom who's ugly as a horse's asshole
I don't get the appeal.
>>
>>1641386
based and debased
>>
>>1639470
kys retarded mouth breather, they have nothing in common
>>
>>1641386
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooo
Missed the point of her character!
>>
>>1641450
Cringe
>>
>>1638564
You'd rather have Laura Bailey?
Fuck off, her voice is great.
>>
>>1641386
Such a bad interpretation of the source material. The only resemblance is the face which also looks bad.
>>
>>1641640
I agree, but Laura doing her best hick impression made Deadfire that much more amusing.
>>
There better be some tasteful scenes worthy of the Theda's love theme.
>>
>>1641723
I don't want to hear her ever again regardless of performance.
10 years of market dominance are enough, let some new talent surface.
>>
>>1641323
>paying
And at that price point.
>>1638138
>i don't get this one
Let me explain. That is cope. People are playing literal cuck's game & so they have to cope. Some - simply don't care, of course, some do in various ways. That's one of their ways to do that.
>>
I like this game.
>>
File: Shadowsmug.jpg (329 KB, 1758x762)
329 KB
329 KB JPG
>>1642655
It's fun.
>>
>>1641988
Dilate, paizotranny.
>>
>>1641067
Chaotic good is fine you law cuck
>>
>>1643238
>SJW alignment
>>
>>1643238
There's nothing fine about being chaotic.
>>
>>1643269
>Implying SJW aren't lawful evil
>>
>>1643270
There's nothing fine about being a tripfag and yet here you are
>>
Down down down by the river
>>
>>1643279
Getting offended on others' behalf and killing them dead isn't very Lawful Evil.
>>
>>1643238
Chaotic Good are likely 100% to be self righteous people who will get you party in trouble because of their stupid antics. The only almost redeemable chaotic is Neutral, because they don't pick sides on who they mess with.
>>
>>1643322
No but ruining people lives and careers for no reason to win the cultural war and gain more power for yourself is lawful evil
>>
>>1643322
>>1643327
Sounds more chaotic neutral to me.
>>
>>1615569
>>1615573
I'm guessing theres no realistic estimate on a release date for finished product? I am trying to wait for it.
>>
>>1643410
2022 is confirmed.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QcvR6Gb4z4

>haven't played the game in months
>the music alone can give me chills
>>
>>1643414
It's Larian. Throw in another year for all the additional content and patches. For fuck's sake, RPGs have been broken messes on release for the last 20 years, and feature-incomplete for the last 10; learn your lesson.
>>
>>1641405
Horse assholes are extremely sexy though
>>
File: ytr657467.jpg (232 KB, 1000x563)
232 KB
232 KB JPG
Daily reminder: Astarion's VA played Heisenberg in Resident Evil 8 :^)
>>
>>1643877
I mean to say he IS Heisenberg in both Mocap and voice acting. Damn, Astarion is everywhere..
>>
>>1631763
*eddit's opinions are invalid. All of those posters who hate *starion and *ae'zel are the carbon copies of the 1-2 posters who spam complain about them. They are all unironically men who chased away everyone who like *starion. Not even kidding.

They hate lae'zel because she's ugly and hate *starion because he is attractive to girls. If it's not generic white girl and white guy they will hate it because they can self insert as loser Gale, and simp for Shadowheart.
>>
>>1643917
This, Asterion is based.
>>
>>1643944
It really doesn't matter if people like the characters or not. But when an entire sub*eddit chases people away because of their irrational hatred of a character, it shows what type of place that is. It was only a few months back that they started making posts APOLOGIZING for chasing away all the girls who liked him and *changing their ways*.
>>
Post all the Shadowheart images you want, as soon as you post Lae'zel, Wyll or Astarion expect these posts.
>>
>>1636146
because you've never had a real relationship so you are trying to protect the closest thing to love you've ever known
>>
>>1644022
>Wyll
there would have to be fanart of him that exists for it to be posted
>>
>>1643917
>>1643978
>unironically chased away everyone who like *starion
>an entire sub*eddit chases people away because of their irrational hatred of a character

BASED
>>
>>1644035
So 90% of this board?
>>
I wanna mod to steal a random pedestrian and turn them into a party member who you build from the ground up.
>>
File: 1618209239151.jpg (146 KB, 890x580)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
>>1644428
>>
>>1644432
Projection for 1000$ Aaron.
>>
>>1615545
>>1637715
Can we now romance Minthara and turn her into a companion properly?
>>
>>1643877
Took me so fucking long to place that voice since I hadn't played BG3 in a while.
But I really like his voice and performance, hope he's getting more work in the industry.
>>
>>1645298
I expect you'll be able to. The running theme in this game is that every new motherfucker has something to hide and hey presto there's your character arc just waiting to be unwrapped.
>>
>>1645298
Mintharafags are the worst.
She's an orc fucking whore who deserves death by burning barrel.
>>
>>1645298
>>1645307
I don't think you can turn her into a full companion but I think she'll be like Halsin and stick around in your camp
>>
>>1643414
>2022 is confirmed.
It isn't
>>
File: z4xuwlg3r7l61.png (3.3 MB, 2589x2665)
3.3 MB
3.3 MB PNG
>>1644770
You first.
>>
>>1643672
>feature-incomplete
I wouldn't say that's the case for Larian's games. They've been adding really inconsequential and QoL stuff at best as post-release support. You're right about bugs though.
>>
>>1645638
she's BORING
>>
File: 1615116574_IMG_1598.jpg (125 KB, 699x703)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>>1645714
You are boring.
>>
>>1645714
Easily the least boring of all current companions.
>>
File: jobber Wyll.png (324 KB, 680x510)
324 KB
324 KB PNG
These recent changes in the leaks give me the impression they are still rewriting a lot of stuff.
Quite major story changes too.
>>
>>1643917
I hate astarion because hes a rude little fuck with no tact. guarantee if he wasnt as hot as he was everyone would agree with me.
>>
>>1646143
Are you surprised. If some asshole on RPG Codex actually was right about all the characters being in some way related to the Dead Three, for example, you've spoiled the main twist.
And there will be a twist. Otherwise they wouldn't give Minsc partial amnesia.
>>
So should I buy this?
I like crpg's but I admit I missed out on the original Baldur's Gate games. I liked D:OS2 a lot, though.

How 'complete' is the game right now? Is it like D:OS2 was and still missing later chapters?
>>
>>1646407
There's about 100 hours of content right now.
It's not complete at all, since you're literally getting Act 1 out of at least 3, but it leaves you wanting more.
So if you want a complete experience, don't bother.
But if you want a nice taste of what to expect you should try it for sure.
>>
>>
>>1645310
>ORCED
>>
File: potions.gif (2.84 MB, 500x448)
2.84 MB
2.84 MB GIF
>>1647415
>>
>>1647585
She's really cute.
>>
>>1647585
I want to see her with the hair loose.
>>
is bg3 worth buying now or should i wait until all the classes are in?
>>
>>1647640
You should wait until the game's finished desu.
>>
>>1647640
>should i wait until all the classes are in
I don't think they'll add all classes into the game during EA.
>>
>>1647658
damn really? that sucks.
>>
>>1647634
Same :)
>>
Karlach but 3 meter tall mommy.
>>
File: No thank you.jpg (134 KB, 739x703)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>>1647624
she is ferocious, not cute
>>
>>1647727
cuteheart
>>
File: littleshady.png (2.55 MB, 2480x3508)
2.55 MB
2.55 MB PNG
>>1647779
>>
File: twink.jpg (133 KB, 879x763)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
half drow twinks
>>
What's the best weapon loadout for Shadowheart?
>>
File: Minthara dead.jpg (424 KB, 1220x634)
424 KB
424 KB JPG
>>1647947
Something with a shield because she gets whacked a lot.
>>
>>1647958
I think they increased her Dex to be much higher than her Str in a recent patch, so I guess a rapier? I can't remember if she has proficiency.
>>
>>1647958
Fuck me. They want to sell this as 2021(+?) game? Dungeon Keeper 2 had better graphics.
>>
>>1647964
graphic is great nigguh
>>
>>1647964
It's funny because OS3 has better graphics than literally any CRPG, ever.
>>
>>1647958
How would she do with a spear like she's using in the game cover?
>>
>>1647962
Only simple weapons.
Rapier is not one.
Use daggers.
>>
>>1648000
No idea since I haven't played since Patch 2.
If push comes to shove you can always get a mod that changes her stats to fit with a spear.
>>
>>1647933
Weird eyebrows.
>>
File: kdugfwl4pav51.png (346 KB, 698x376)
346 KB
346 KB PNG
>>1615545
Well /vrpg/?
>>
File: Pre-EA BG3 party.jpg (209 KB, 1920x1080)
209 KB
209 KB JPG
>>1648087
Gith with proper nose.
>>
>>1648121
So gross
>>
>>1647976
nice BRAPmail armour
>>
I'm a man, but I always RP a lesbo witch whore in these games with sex they're coming out with now. Anyways, for half a year now, I've repeatedly imagined myself as my red haired lesbian character, sticking her face in Shadowheart's ass, and literally smelling it, and then eating it. This isn't a meme, it's my life.
>>
>>1648978
Good on you man!
>>
>>1648087
All cute, like the makeup on the middle one best
>>
>>1648087
Each iteration is an improvement.
>>
>>1645419
Maybe so...
>>1645310
keep your fantasy to yourself
>>
>>1649430
>fantasy
She LITERALLY gets railed by a Hobgoblin after the party.
You can not refute this.
>>
>>1649486
You can't prove it.
>>
>>1618145
God no, literally the worst thing by a fucking mile DOS2 ever did
>>
>>1649526
It's literally in the game.
>>
>>1649591
Post proofs then.
>>
>>1615545
Have they added feats?
>>
>>1649645
Not as of yet. I was curious about this too, they ARE going to add feats, right?
>>
File: DoS3.jpg (270 KB, 1280x720)
270 KB
270 KB JPG
>>1649756
too much work. added another kind of barrel to throw around and a gay character instead.
>>
>>1649789
Barrels are based, don't be a gay.
>>
>>1649801
>Barrels
Instant dislike.
>>
File: endgame boss arena.jpg (63 KB, 550x365)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>1649801
true that. got a sneak peak from a guy i know of one of the final boss battle arenas:
>>
>>1649830
The truth is that you have to collect every single barrel in game from the prologue to the final act and not waste a single one, or else you won't be able to beat the final boss.
So anyone wasting hundreds of barrels in Act 1 locks themself out of the good ending.
>>
>>1647727
ferociously cute
>>
File: 1588731408154.gif (980 KB, 227x221)
980 KB
980 KB GIF
>>1649837
they get what they deserve. anybody who's actually played tabletop knows you need to transport your barrels to barrel-laded arenas to set up barrel chain combos. barrels are pretty much what defines 5e combat.
>>
>>1649862
Barrels are the thinking man's spec.
>>
>blast an oil barrel with burning hands
>the barrel gives no fucks and remains unscathed
Barrelbros... I'm not feeling so good...
>>
>>1648121
please tell me this is a downloadable mod
>>
>>1649913
No, it's old footage from a pre-EA build.
>>
>>1647585
Is that a new animation? I haven't seen that in a cutscene before and I played at the very start when the EA first opened up. Also is that a mod to change her hairstyle? I hate her straight bangs so much but the one in your gif seems really cute. Got a link to it?
>>
Why are the companions so horny? They're constantly flirting with each other. Even Astarion who is a flaming faggot makes passes at Shadowheart.
>>
>>1650009
No idea, found it on the steam community. But the dress is pretty certainly a mod.
>>
>>1650015
Oh well, thanks. Really hoping there are mods to give Shadowheart a new hairstyle, her vanilla one is awful but the locks on the side make her look way better.
Will there be other new romanceable companions aside from the ones already in the game?
>>
>>1650042
>Really hoping there are mods to give Shadowheart a new hairstyle, her vanilla one is awful but the locks on the side make her look way better.
Yes she is fucking stupid with her normal hair style but kino in that one.
Hopefully Larian lets us change their appearance
>>
>>1650014
It's part of the whole "companion relationship" stuff they kept talking about. Instead of revolving solely around the PC, companions all form their own relationships with each other both positive and negative. Good concept in theory, but it's implemented pretty messily because within five minutes of meeting one another, Astarion, Gale and Wyll constantly try to get into Lae'zel and Shadowhart's pants while Shadowheart and Lae'zel quickly get to a point where they try to legit murder one another.
>>
>>1650014
Everyday could be their last day since you know tadpole inside your head and all,them wanting to stick their dick or trying too seems like a coping mechanism and very realistic give the circumstances
>>
>>1632348
>>1632374
>>1632364
kys and stop projecting you subhuman cucks
>>
>>1615545
Why does the game feel empty? I did 80% of the things you can do in 25 hours.

It took me 170 hours to finish everything in DOS2
>>
>>1650832
The obvious - it's not finished.
As to why - developers are having a break from work, so that they can dedicate some time to writing the joint essay titled - "Why is cuckoldry a great thing & why should you & your children try it too?"
>>
>>1650832
The game is in early access anon, it is only the first act and not all the content has been added.
>>
>>1650996
>>1651013
it has been 7 months since the release and nothing major has been added. oh wait except ONE fucking core class
>>
>>1651077
Do you want another rushed nightmare like OS1, where the game falls apart as soon as you clear the first act and gets progressively worse with each few hours? Let Swen do his thing.
>>
>>1651077
Don't worry, I think they'll finish that essay soon. Just be patient.
>>
>>1651077
I'd rather wait than get rushed shit.
>>
>>1651077
Early Access anon, they said that they aren't going to be adding new content apart from new classes, weapons, and spells.
>>
>>1615595
yeah you are always going to miss some story related cutscenes/quest i think they are not yet implemented but there are mods that can let you choose some origin characters and they have new scenes, like the vampire fag having a nightmare where he remember (dreamt?) his master and beg to spare his companion
>>
I struggle to play a race that isn't human I don't know why. It's like I need to propagate my kind around the game world by blood or by love.
>>
>>1620428
Hardcore dweebs (CRPG players) fall into two categories:
1) Repressed, inwardly resentful semi-asexuals
2) Outwardly resentful prison gays with pretend sexuality as performance
Higher production values and the D&D setting invited the Bioware orphans on this game, and now the ratio of 2 to 1 makes Obsidian's fanbase look like Underrail's
>>
>>1633658
She's a Morrigan/Bastila/Aribeth/Viconia clone. Those types always get the most attention - you're either 11 or a retard.
>>
>>1628975
if they choose to reaffirm fucking 'abdel osama jahabbi hussein' i'm uninstalling the game
>>
File: 1620259341337.jpg (68 KB, 750x502)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
If your gf wasnt a virgin when u started dating then u have been cucked bitch!
>>
I want to kiss Shadowhearts shadowneck
>>
>>1653740
I think you'd like Skyrim's marriage system.
>>
>>1653855
I don't think so.
>>
>>1653740
i want to kiss her shadowcock
>>
>>1653946
I want to kiss her venus mound if you catch my drift.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.