[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 55 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1593984880615.png (412 KB, 600x639)
412 KB
412 KB PNG
what was the last RPG to give you this feeling?
>>
Caligula Effect. It’s not good, but I like that the characters resolve to improve their lives in the real world.
>>
File: witcher feels.webm (2.86 MB, 1280x720)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB WEBM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgqz8Je7P0s
>>
>>1615536
black souls 2 dlc3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BakWVXHSug
>>
File: 1619392844839.jpg (101 KB, 1280x720)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
Trails of Cold Steel IV
What a journey
>>
>>1615542
I unironically put down the controller and shutted down the game forever after this. Not like I enjoyed the game that much, didn't even finish Ciri's story.

>>1615536
I think that for me, it was Persona 4 Golden, only played it after the Steam port. Not that I liked the game that much, but I really invested myself on the characters. If we are talking about the quality of the game itself... Dragon's Dogma.
>>
>>1615557
shut down the game forever**
>>
>>1615547
But what about trails of genesis?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (138 KB, 960x960)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
Spoilered to avoid derailing thread but unironically Xenoblade 2.
The game has a lot of flaws and many of the complaints are justified but the ending was so satisfying and uplifting. It really reminded me of classic 90s JRPGs and adventure anime.
>>
>>1615575
I would have preferred an ending where you get to choose between pyra and mythra. I’d have chosen mythra.
>>
>>1615581
Yeah I'd have preferred for just one of them to come back. Either the choice you made earlier, or at least Pneuma. Them both coming back never made sense to me.
Better yet it would have been nice if it just ended on the shot of the crystal glowing like originally planned.
>>
Most people will probably not agree with me but Undertale. Even if my opinion of the game has changed over the years the way it made me feel after I first beat it was the last time that really happened to me. At least for an rpg.
>>
Donald Fuck RPG
>>
>>1615557
>Persona 4 Golden
Yep. Nevermore - Reincarnation version was just a great song to end the game.
>>
>>1615540
why the fuck do you hang your bike behind your tv?
>>
Xenoblade X. The ending ruined my desire to continue playing.
>>
Replaying the first Bravely Default in preparation for 2. I enjoyed 2 as well, but it did not give me that feeling.
>>
File: bravs1.jpg (100 KB, 400x240)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
Bravely Second. I played it just before Bravely Default 2 came out, so really I was disappointed they didn't make a sequel Second.
>>
I haven't played a JRPG in ages. Which one would reignite a passion for the genre?
>>
>>1615808
It makes me look cool.
>>
I always get a kinda hollow feeling inside for a few days after finishing a game that really stuck with me. I felt that way after Shadowbringers and I felt that way after P5R (amount of time committed helps too).

It's a good and bad feeling. Good in that I enjoyed it so much that I was missing it after it was done. Bad in that I can't really focus on anything else entertainment wise for like up to a week after.
>>
>>1615536
FFXV was the first RPG in 18 years that any sort of long lasting impact on me. Learned quickly the game isn't liked on this board culture though.
>>
Icewind dale 1
*sip*
Ahh they dont't make games like that anymore
>>
>>1615536
unironically playing all of the trails games from sky fc to cs4 back to back gave me the biggest version of this feeling i've ever fault
sure the games werent perfect but the journey was one of the most fun ones i ever had playing jarpigs
>>
File: neptuna_ploot,pea.jpg (326 KB, 1920x1080)
326 KB
326 KB JPG
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3, probably my favorite Nep game overall, liked it even better than VII
>>
>>1616031
My RPG Maker game I'm working on. It's not done yet though I'm still working on the ideas and stuff for it. It's going to have multiple endings and your choices matter. It's a really big game so I'm still working on all the ideas and stuff for it.
>>
>>1616053
it makes you look poor
>>
>>1615808
Same reason he took a photo of his TV.
>>
>>1615536
BG2. Brought a new character in BG1 all the way through 2 and TOB for the first time.
There's nothing like it.
https://youtu.be/ixoolJmLjgk
>>
>>1616031
You're not a kid anymore. You can't recapture that magic.
Move on and grow up.
>>
>>1616171
brutal
>>
>>1615536
I don't finish RPGs.
>>
>>1616130
Haha...
>>
>>1615540
ah I remembered you
see you when caligula 2 comes out
>>
>>1615536
Recently has to be pic related
I'm not shook by game sad ending much but somehow this game's ending could.
Don't know what will wait for me in final 2.
>>
File: images (4).jpg (44 KB, 422x727)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>1616616
Shit forgot pic
>>
>>1616031
Unironically dragon quest XI, really.
>>
P4G made me feel weirdly homesick for a week
>>
>>1615536
I don't finish them. I get to the last act, get unsatisfied with my build/choices and start a new game.
>>
I finished Ao no Kiseki yesterday. I don't think I will play anything that will live up to the crossbell arc.
>>
Disco Elysium
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzsEyb0wpE4
>>
>>1615536
Ys IX
>>
>>1615536
Cold Steel 4, a little bit. But it was dampened by knowing Hajimari is a thing. Maybe Ys VIII? It was such a great adventure. The plot stumbled near the end, but I do love the island of Seiren.
>>
>>1616031
Try DQ11.
>>
>>1616069
15 is good...and really bad.
If you got the Ardyn DLC, it's fucking great... it's not the end all of it, since the Luna dlc was canned.
>>
Sekiro. Before that, Nier Automata
>>
>>1615536
Witcher III. It's not a flawless game but for me it's as close as a game ever got. I had a lot of those "leaves a hole in your heart" after games as a kid and a teen. But in the last few years only Witcher genuinely got me to feel that feeling for more than a few minutes again. God I love that game so much.
>>
>>1615895
Should I give this game another shot? I never finished it. A combination of the the game being annoyingly "meta" and the story choices feeling forced upon you based on what class you wanted made me eventually lose interest.
I've beaten both 1 and 2.
>>
File: yiik_alex.jpg (1022 KB, 1920x1080)
1022 KB
1022 KB JPG
I just played YIIK and finished it within 30 hours and what a great game. Don't let /v/ tell you otherwise. The new updates just make the game so much better.
>>
>>1619658
You're not a good shill
>>
File: 1619030563167.png (93 KB, 256x192)
93 KB
93 KB PNG
>>1615536
For me it was SMT Nocturne and SMTIV, and before that it was TWEWY. Those games have left an impact on me I think I'll carry with me for the rest of my damn life.
>>
>>1619366
This. The ending is strong, but the credits really drive the point home.
>>
>>1615536
Underrail
>>
>>1615536
Majora's Mask was the last game to give me this feeling period, and that was fucking 20+ years ago.
>>
2077. I felt like it didn't deserve all the flack it received despite being unpolished. I was surprised and happy with how they made all the endings bittersweet at the best and worse than death at worst.
>>
File: pluto.jpg (584 KB, 1194x2048)
584 KB
584 KB JPG
P4G for sure.
>>
>>1619658
This post looks like it was written by an AI lol
>>
>>1615542
Witcher 3 is a great game but this anniversary video is autistic. Everyone at this celebration has autism.
>>
I have a terrible habit of not finishing games, I'll get 80% through and lose interest. The last RPG I finished was Mass Effect 3 when it came out and I felt the exact opposite of the OP image. Can't think of any I've been satisfied to beat.
>>
Rance Quest, oddly enough. It is a really unfocused game story wise, but Crook's character arc really got to me way more than I expected. Before that, I would say Sequel Colony. That's just a pretty great game as a whole.
>>
>>1615540
>thread topic is when you finish a truly great video game
>Your post beigns with it's not good
Nice reading comprehension
>>
>>1625383
Same. I wish it could have been better, but what we got was still pretty damn enjoyable IMO.
>>
File: 1615849187925.png (89 KB, 180x500)
89 KB
89 KB PNG
>>1615536
SEQUEL colony
>>
Gothic 2 Gold. Only rpg I've replayed 3 times now just to pick a different faction.
>>
>>1625592
You ever get tired of acting like a retarded little child?
>>
Omori
>>
File: mastemon.webm (3 MB, 960x542)
3 MB
3 MB WEBM
>>1616031
Digimon Story Hacker's Memory. Not the Cybersleuth main game, the DLC itself. Erika...
>>
>>1615536
MIGHT NOT be considered true RPG, the but best feeling I had ever finishing a game was Brothers: A tale of two sons. one point, you be in tears. and its a man approved moment to tear up. best game i ever played. best button push i ever made.
>>
divinity original sin 2
>>
>>1615540
I liked it because the baggage the cast has is a lot more mature than anything you'd see in another jrpg like Persona. The musician ending is perfect
>>
>>1615557
extremely cringe. This cookie cutter shit appeals only to people whose first witcher game was likely the 3rd or maybe 2nd. Fans of 1 (who were invested into the franchise from the get go) feel deeply disgusted by the sequels and the childish emotional pandering shown in that scene

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.