[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 28 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_6758.jpg (21 KB, 425x188)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
Which is the best way to experience Final Fantasy 4? Original or remake?
>>
PSP remake unless you already played the game at least once before in which case play the DS remake
>>
>>1538683
I've only played the PC version which is a port of the DS version.

I like Golbez's voice actor he is Chancellor Osborne from Trails of Cold Rean
>>
PSP is the best version. DS version has good ideas and bad ideas. If no PSP, GBA has some neat extras but ass music. SNES is nerfed difficulty and messy English but looks and sounds good.
>>
>>1538674
I'm currently playing it for the first time on the SNES (with the Namingway patch).
Don't know how it compares to the other versions gameplay wise, but I think the original has the best visual and music
>>
>>1538683
Fuck no on the PSP remake. It's basically butchered and easy as fuck. You might as well just Mash A for the entire game because that's what they fucking did it to the difficulty in that game.
>>
>>1538736
>SNES is nerfed difficulty
lol
>>
>>1538756
That's how the SNES version was too anon, the original English release of FFIV was a big contributor in the perception that "JRPG = mash Attack to win"
>>
>>1538674
DS/PC version is the best, dont listen to the dumb nostalgia boomers
>>
>>1539118
It would be if it wasn't missing basic features that had been in the genre for over a decade at the time of release.
>>
>>1538749
It does. Though you can play the PSP version with the original music.
>>
Reminder that the GBA/PSP ports are awful and broken.
https://www.bitchute.com/video/mvuDxbTzlVmI/
https://www.bitchute.com/video/68Lvqe0fqFnr/
>>
PSP/GBA if you want the option to choose who you want in your party.
>>
My one major gripe with the DS/PC version is that the augment system relies on you having knowledge of the game to make the most of it, since you get better augments by using them on characters who permanently leave the party
>>
>>1539100
The localized version is literally called EasyType in Japan.
>>
>>1539118
The 3D version is good but it's better to play it after having played the original first, and the PSP is the best version of that.
>>
>>1539155
Good job betraying your ignorance on the subject.
>>
The PS version is the closest to the original, both in difficulty and translation.
>>
These "what version of (popular rpg) should I play" threads are always such a mess. Like a bunch of monkeys slinging shit on each other's faces.
>>
>>1539198
It's only because so many dumb kids played the shitty ports first and by default think they're good or even acceptable.
>>
>>1538718
>Chancellor Osborne
that VA really fucking gets around, which is good because he's so damn good at it
>>
>>1539198
Sorry if the PSP port is shit bro.
>>
>>1540541
It's not just your fault, anon. Something like that is a holistic failure.
>>
Don't listen to the retards. The PSP version is fine.
>>
>>1540607
No it's not. Video proof has already been posted.
>>
>>1539175
Anon, stop looking at the mirror before typing.
SNES version is easy, you would've known if you had played the jp version
but just keep trolling, someone has to give you attention since dad wont come home.
>>
>>1541344
US FF2 and JP Easy Type are two different things. You could have easily found this out in 5 minutes by trying both.
Educate yourself before speaking.
>>
>>1541422
you need to go outside more anon
>>
>>1539108
The encounters get harder once Cecil becomes a paladin. Until then, you just cruise through with the extremely powerful Dark Knight class.
Anyway, this threat is retarded. You can literally play the original JP version on Playstation 1, where it was localized. Protip, it isn't harder than the US version to any noticeable degree, the US version was just dumbed down with abilities and items removed.
>>
>>1541933
>able to buy Ethers and Remedies for dirt cheap
>not easier
>>
>>1538674
Famicom version with english translation patch.
>>
SNES, then DS. The DS version is cool, but it's honestly a lot more fun if you've played the original. You'll appreciate the changes a little more since they're pretty drastic.
>>
There was only one version when I played it.
>>
They're pretty different. Even among the SNES versions you have the Japanese version vs Easytype
>>
File: ff2(IV).jpg (73 KB, 512x357)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
This one.
>>
>>1543844
There's 3 SNES releases: JP original, US 2, and JP Easy Type.
>>
File: rwby.jpg (116 KB, 611x1000)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
For me, it's Rubicant
>>
Only the 3D version presents any challenge whatsoever, which makes the PSP version the best one to play for the story since if you're gonna play a piss easy game, at least it should be the one with the most content and modern spritework.
>>
>>1538683
Does the PSP version keep the party customization for the final stretch from the GBA port? Because rocking 2 white mages broke the game in two for me.
>>
>>1544118
Yes. It's believe the PSP version is Advanced with a new coat of paint.
>>
File: Rydia_of_Mist.png (137 KB, 267x372)
137 KB
137 KB PNG
steam version
hard mode
>>
Why did they remake this dogshit entry and then stop before getting to 5 and 6?
>>
>>1547264
It has better plot and characters than V and doesn't shit the bed half way through like VI does
>>
There is no "definitive" version of this game, anyone who tells you otherwise is lying. Conversely, none of the versions are bad either. GBA is probably the worst of the bunch though.
>>
>>1547266
World of Ruin is great though
>>
The psp remake is definitely the cleanest in terms of graphics. The 3D remake on DS is fun but feels a bit toned down. The original is full of translation issues due to character typing limits so you get stuff like “fenix down”. The remakes also let you do a post game dungeon and get back all who left or died (minus tellah who is still dead).
>>
Is there any way to make Rydia more durable than tissue paper? I always remember with her, it felt like a rush to get out as many summons or spells before she died. Hell, in her big triumphant return fight against Golbez, I remember her dying like turn one, just leaving Cecil to try to get everyone back up. It felt a bit much.
>>
>>1547933
>none of the versions are bad either.
That's straight up horseshit.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.