[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What is the best way to play this?
>>
>>1535973
With your hands ahahahahahahahahahaha laugh with me c'mon.
>>
psp version on a hacked psp while you lie in bed in the dark
>>
>>1535973
Naked next to your big tiddie goth anime gf
>>
>>1535973
If you really must, just find somewhere to read the story since it's the only halfway decent part of the game.
>>
PSP with slowdown fix patch
>>
On PS3
>>
>>1535973
With an all-female harem of generics + Agrias and Meliadou
>>
>>1535973
gameplay is basically whoever drops their nuke with a mage first, wins. AI archers can hit you from anywhere
>>
>>1537706
I wish this game had multiplayer so I could kick your fucking ass.
>>
File: ULUS10297_00017.jpg (425 KB, 1920x997)
425 KB
425 KB JPG
>>1535973
You wouldn't hire an unlicensed warrior, would you?
>>
>>1535973
It's actually unbelievably obnoxious how shitty the options available are.
The PS1 version lacks some extras that WOTL has and has a not-great translation. WOTL has a faux-Shakespeare translation which can be too much at times but I personally found pretty tolerable.
PSP/PS Vita should be the answer but it has a ridiculous animation glitch where all command animations go in slo-mo which over the entire length of the game becomes horrible.
I can't remember off the top of my head but while the iOS version doesn't have this glitch it has some other irritating issue to do with sound or animation or something.
There is a solution: get a PSP/PS Vita and hack it, there is a patch out there in the wild but you need CFW to install it.
>>
>>1537708
lel
>>
File: 1595176835433.jpg (52 KB, 947x533)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>1535973
https://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=12313.0

You should at least get the slowdown fix if you are going to play WotL:
https://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9523.0

More FFT after you're done with vanilla:
https://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=12543.0
>>
>>1535973
Don't use math
>>
>>1535977
Make sure you download the magic fps drop fix patch.
>>
File: Calculation.jpg (15 KB, 486x359)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
Use Math
>>
>b.tarou doujins
holy shit how have I not seen these in my life. This is some top tier shit.
>>
PS1 in Japanese
>>
>>1537706
Mages are fucking useless (I'm not taking into account busted Calculators).
I'd just
>Teleport behind you
>Hit twice thanks to Two-Swords for 500 damage each
If for some ungodly reason you brought Blade Grasp as your counter then I'd just wreck you with Holy Sword skills. Concentration might be enough though, I'm not sure. I'd rather have Knight swords on my Ninjas.
>>
>all these retards still mindlessly recommending the garbage PSP port
Reminder that the sound and music is fucked on anything that isn't a PS1 with no way to fix it.
>>
>>1537980
... and aspect ratio fix.
>>
Make your endgame party 3 Dancers and 2 Mimes and just use Slow Dance. Grind down every enemy's Speed stat from the start of the battle, so that they quickly lose actions and in a round or two stop acting entirely. It's global and much better than Slow which enemies can be immune to, dispel or resist, this one is just a 50% chance to lose 1 speed and never get it back. Every time the slowing song goes off, both mimes mimic it, for a total of 9 times from your team every 8 ticks.

Speed stats are low enough in the game that this weakens them a fair bit right away and gets drastically worse the more you do it. Someone at 8 losing 1 speed just lost 1/8 of their turns proportionally, someone going down from 2 speed to 1 goes half as fast. Story enemies cap out at like 12 speed, so this renders even the final boss weak and then useless very fast.
>>
>>1538259
so I take it >>1537838 is the way to go?
>>
>>1538773
Sure. They are still working on a ng+ for TLW though.
Also, check the last page on the thread for the WotL cutscenes if the original link is still broken.
>>
>>1538464
you are like a little baby watch this
>2 Mime 2 Dancer 1 Ramza
>slow dancers
>Ramza yells and mimes do their thing
>everyone has 99 speed and enemies have 1
>>
>>1539682
>>1538464
>spend 45 minutes in each battle prepping it so you can't lose
>instead of just bringing in a baller squad and eliminating everything in 10 minutes without the need to buff at all
christ almighty why
>>
>>1539709
Why did man go to the moon? To prove we can.
>>
Best way to play is to set your entire party sans Ramza on AI/auto battle, and avoid grinding as much as possible. The part AI system is actually fairly strong and will set up all kinds of combos and traps.

I've beaten the game probably a dozen times in my life, and the most fun I've had was playing that way. It's just so stupidly easy to break the game when you can control your whole party or if you do more than just a bit of grinding.
>>
>>1539759
>braindead FF12 fans
>>
>>1539759
I've beaten all the SSCC so this looks like something I could do to occupy my time with this game.
>>
>>1539820
Ironically enough FF12 is my least favorite of the entire mainline series. I'd rather replay FF2 than replay FF12.

Doesn't change the fact that only controlling Ramza makes the game far more immersive and challenging. Perhaps it's not the best way to play on your first run through, but after beating the game nearly a dozen times, it's a very welcome change.

Battles become a lot less predictable and you have to rely a lot more on proper party makeup and giving Ramza the right setup for each battle.
>>
>>1538464
I can't hear you over agrias, cid, and ramza all dual wielding excaliburs and brutalizing everything in their path for 700+ damage a turn.

as to OP question, every version has its problems. They either lack the extra classes/content, or they have animation slowdowns or sound buggery. Best advice? Play through the ps1 first. Later, try the war of the lions version for the extra content. You'll appreciate the changes but will also have been able to enjoy the original in its almost complete form.
>>
>>1539927
Playing through the PS1 version first will get you used to how the soundtrack/sound effects are supposed to sound though. People who play only WotL generally don't mind it.
>>
File: rapha backstory.jpg (122 KB, 800x600)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>1535973
The Original PSX version if you want vanilla experience. The PSP version has an annoying delay in Controls and it makes everything feel so choppy even the slowdown patch doesn't fix this. the audio is ruining and the character death scream sound fucking hilarious in it.
For an enhanced experience I recommend the cerabow mod. it removes all the jank and makes it much more balanced and reduces the grind greatly. but it changes a lot (arithmeticians are replaced with sages). the valeria mod for psp is good to from what ive heard notsure how much it changes
>>
>>1537838
what are the best mods?
>>
>>1539927
>They either lack the extra classes/content
That's not a problem.
>>1540045
>ignorant people that eat shit don't know what good steak tastes like
What point are you trying to make bro?
>>
>>1540108
Cerabow / Lion War / Valeria
>>
>>1537697
Truly, an enlightened playthrough.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.