[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

am i retarded? i try to do physical build with one mage healer and always face a difficulty curve in the middle of the game, how the fuck do i compose my party and which builds should i choose
>>
>look up builds on youtube
>pick the ones with cool names
That's enough to get you through normal mode. Plus make sure your party is either 2 phys & 2 magic or 4 of either since going 3:1 makes the 1 pretty useless in combat.

I also recommend having 1 point more Wits than enemies for initiative.

Don't put any points into constitution, even on your tanks, they're a waste.
>>
>>1534684
Forgot to mention, healing isn't affected by intelligence so you can make a paladin/cleric easy. Healing does physical damage to undead as well.
>>
I found going 3phys-1mage, with the mage focusing on earth/water magic was a good party. Earth has a lot of good CC that is blocked by physical armor and water/earth are the support mage spells, along with both kinds of healing and armor. Throw a shield on that character and you can fully recharge both types of your own armor to full shields up since you'll get the boosts. You can throw a touch of witch magic in there too to damage enemies who's physical armor has been depleted, although it wont be much.

Other than that you want 1-2 points in off skills for each character to get access to stuff like teleport or multiple leaps to reposition properly, it's way more important than an extra 10% damage
>>
>>1534684
don't romance the red prince hes gonna cuck you
>>
>>1534684
>playing the cuck game
holy cringe
>>
>>1534710
Yea pretty much this, constitution isnt that useful.Id say tanks arent that useful in this game either.
>>
>>1534684
There is almost no downside to being a generalist. All characters need enough points in polymorph for wings, and in air for teleport. Both these spells give you irresistible map control. The rest doesn’t really matter.
>>
you get every single teleport ability in one character thats how you win
>>
>>1535141
>Not making sure that Red Prince ends up with his soulmate.
>>
>>1534684
here you go buddy, this should help you start and you can change as you see fit

https://divinity-2-planner.riovir.com/en/character/1/edit?data=v3-1,20,i,7m30fm6w,10s3o2a7w,5s2_,Iz_a_,,T,s,_,-2,20,s,5f8m8wfm2f4w4f2w2f2w2f,2p4s3w6h3wp2w,5u_,lrmo_,,T,b,_,-3,20,l,2m6w10m20im2w,2s3e5a6ya2y2a,5l_,jIDr_,,T,s,_,-4,20,r,8i13m5i10c5i,10u2s4a5pa,5p2_,aBnI_,,T,s,_,

General useful stuff
>Adrenaline skill(from Scoundrel) is really great
>Teleport skills are a must (Warfare/Scoundrel/Huntsmen/Aero have these kind of skills)
>Initiative is the key to success (have one member with high initiative & wits; the rest don't matter as the turns are "you/enemy/you/enemy" etc; basically try to always go first)
>Positioning is key and it provides bonus to both damage and AoE skills (i.e you can one shot the entire encounter if you're high enough)

Here's a little demo on tactician with this build: https://pixeldrain.com/u/GGcKj7Qy
>>
File: XbowLoneWolf.png (2.62 MB, 1909x1080)
2.62 MB
2.62 MB PNG
>>1534684
Reject Mele, Embrace Xbows.
Also, use Lone Wolf or Glass Cannon. Glass canon for normal 4 member parties and lone wolf for 2 person parties.
>>
>>1536384
How did you deal with Kemm's deflecting aura?
>>
>>1536397
Haven't done really anything in Arx yet. I'll let you know when i do but it'll probably just be CCing him while teleporting his goons down the stairs so i can spam ele arrows and thunderstorm.
>>
Damn you guys really make this game's combat sound broken and shallow.
>>
>>1534684
no downside to a full party, summoning lv 10 is the win button. Give each melee charter a side magic specialty on the side.

you could also try assassin/blood mage build, teleport behind to extra damage directly to health bar and bypass physical shield.
>>
>>1536397
You could probably heal him to death with First Aid idk. I accidentally did that by having my healer pop mass cleanse wounds without realizing he was undead. Not that it mattered since by melees were going to whack him dead next round.
>>
>>1534684
Decide if you want to do all physical or all magical damage. Due to the way armor works in this game, it's more efficient if all your damage is shredding one armor type. Both damage types have loads of cc options available which is what this game is all about, so it's better to just roll with a single damage type. Here are a couple examples:

Physical:
>Warfare/Polymorph
>Necro/Summoner
>Huntsman
>Scoundrel/Warfare

Magic:
>Pyro/Aero
>Geo/Hydro
>Hydro/Aero
>Pyro/Geo

Regardless of what team comp you pick your builds should focus on one or two classes of skills. You can pepper in the high utility low cost skills as you see fit. So like a Pyro/Geo caster would probably want Adrenaline Rush (it's good on everything so you should just get it on everybody) so you would want to invest one point in Scoundrel to get it (or gain that point from equipment). Same with Backlash/Tactical Retreat/Haste/Peace of Mind/Teleport. These are skills that need barely any investment and do wonders and if you can fit them into your party you will have a better time. I highly recommend turning on the built-in mod that lets you upgrade your unique equipment. The Teleportation gloves you get in Fort Joy can last you the entire game if you keep them upgraded, and it's one of the most powerful abilities in the game.

Rolling with a "classic" style party build doesn't really work well in this game. You don't need a dedicated healer at all. In fact, healing spells are practically useless when cc spells are guaranteed AND there are shitloads of ways to boost your armor so you take minimal health damage. Hell, on my all mage party everyone was rolling with a shield and a single shield gives you huge armor buffs and a passive ability that buffs armor even further. So basically, "healing" armor is better than actually healing health and should be prioritized.
>>
Is the first game worth playing I only ever hear about the second one
>>
>>1535308
>not wanting to be his soulmate
Guess it's just not meant to be. I need to reload my save and see what happens if you "have" to kill her but save the kid.
>>
>>1536384
I wouldn't do Lone Wolf or Glass Cannon on a first playthrough. Lone Wolf makes the game way too easy and is literally Baby Mode. Glass Cannon, you're just going to get cc'd to fucking shit on boss battles where they always act first on first round, and it's going to be harder overall.
>>
>>1537626
It has this annoying whimsical tone, unfunny Belgian humor.
>>
>>1537633
Have glass cannon on your high wits 100% crit Apothesis user
>>
>>1534684
You uninstall it and get a good game.
>>
>>1534684
Iq sub 50. How can anyone think this game is hard. Lol duuuuuuurrrrp. Play on easy.
>>
>>1534684
If you're still in the second area you can just go to the drug den, huff some performance enhancing drugs of ferocity and get +2 Action Points for 50 turns. It'll make every encounter in the area a breeze and will only cost a around 1000g for an easy win.
>>
>>1534684
>am i retarded?
yes
Dos2 is literally one of the easiest crpgs when it comes to making a good build
>>
>>1534684
Play with the Divinity Unleashed mod so that the combat is more than just burning down enemy armor quickly as possible so that you can then just CC them to death
>>
>>1537626
The combat is better because it doesn't have the shitty armour system and doesn't expect you to play by meta gaming everything. It still follows the trademark Larian 2 good acts 2 shit acts formula.
>>
>>1534710
Why would you look at builds on fucking youtube instead of in text form?
>>
>>1538303
>Armour Overhaul
>Status Simplicity
It's garbage.
>>
Is the DM mode good?
>>
Here is a balanced squad of 4 you can use. It’s easy
>one water/air mage
>one fire/geo mage
>one archer/summoner
>one necromancer
Spec into summoner once you have enough points to keep your ranger skills but have summoning at 10. It’s easy mode. Your hammer swinging necro will heal and tank and your mages back everyone up. This is a pretty simply normal mode build, although you definitely don’t have to min max your way to a good time
>>
>>1534684
Turn back now anon its a cuck game. Its probably the worst crpgbever created. If the cuckold media loves something it should tell you all you need. This games story is complete garbage and the co op is to work in their cuck fetish shit its really gross.
>>
>>1534684
>i try to do physical build with one mage healer
Splash your healer in necromancy or summoning so that it can do physical damage on demand, while still scaling on intelligence for the Hydro spells.
Scoundrel has options for magic damage and armor penetration, so it can work as a faux magic damager alongside your healer in a pinch.
Polymorph spells scale on strength, but their damage is by far the least of their value, so it splashes well with almost any other skill.
>>
>>1538458
Oh no, you can actually apply status effects without needing to break armor and more importantly have to work for hard CC ones, what horror
>>
>>1540219
I kinda figured having to burn through the right kind of armor for the hard CC you want was enough work, considering how much people bitch about it.
>>
>>1538928
Is DoS2 really a crpg though? It plays more like a tactics game.
>>
>>1540343
Yeah, but it was braindead work. Pulling off combos and doing wacky shit like electrifying blood steamclouds to status the shit out of enemies is the fun kind of work on the other hand. Helps that the mod tones down the absurd exponential stat scaling among many other things.
>>
>>1534684
Don't try to do some dumbass wow 1 tank 1 heals rest dps team
>>
>>1534684

The game is far easier if your party is composed of only 2 characters with summons and that lone wolf skill. I wouldn`t go as far as going generalist but hybrids are pretty good in that sense. You cast the spells and let the broken summons do the damage.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.