[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 75 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Underrail Image.jpg (49 KB, 570x400)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
For underrail, dominating
>>
File: 20210404001957_1.jpg (134 KB, 1024x768)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>>1527710
Play as a hammer wizard
But shitposting asides, tin can AR is pretty strong even in Dominating, then unironically hammer wizard too.
If you can stomach it's early game, pure psi is stupidly strong, then builds like stealthy sniper, bursty SMGs and crit knives are pretty descent too.

Anything can be really strong in Dominating so long you put enough thought on it.
When that fails, you can always fall back to the good ol' cheese
>>
>>1527718
Whoops wrong picture
Unique sledgehammers rework soon
>>
>>1527723
>metal armor
>3 agi
so you literally don't move? Why TC at all?
>>
i'll treat this as the underrail thread, currently at the end of coretech questline, and since they have the faceless' device, tanner wants it and I also assume getting it from them is a good idea? not sure if this ties into the main story. but If I take the item from coretech I assume they will be pissed at me and I won't get the shit you get for completing their questline like a house right?
>>
>>1527731
Doppelgangers.
>>
>>1527735
Dont you worry, just keep doing your CC faction questline.
>>
>>1527741
CC faction? i'll assume that means oligarch questline
>>
Previous threads
>>1491766
>>1488724
>>1443460
>>
>>1527742
Core City faction, and yes.
>>
Is a monk build without PK possible?
>>
File: 20201117141939_1.jpg (215 KB, 1024x768)
215 KB
215 KB JPG
>>1527753
What makes you think otherwise?
>>
>>1527770
Seems like everyone uses Force Emission. What's your build?
>>
>>1527773
https://underrail.info/build/?Hg0JCAUDAwUAAADCoGTCoEsAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATyRhJh0NIE7CqBITQUMHwrbCqQPinZYG4p-EAeKijQPitqAF378
Feats not in order.
It's a STR psiless barefist puncher, and he wrecked shit.
>>
4.5% of players eat 50 meals
>>
>>1527835
I beat the game for the first time like a week ago and noticed the statistic for biodeicide is .1%
>>
>>1527710
got pretty far with the gunner tank build. Max perception and constitution with heavy armor. Kinda bland but rockin when you got high quality armor and everything bounces off. Real struggle vs psychics though
>>
>>1527816
I'm talking about on dominating
>>
File: 20210405032840_1.jpg (180 KB, 1024x768)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
>>1527880
Seriously nigger?
>>
>>1527885
That build is dom viable? How?
>>
File: 1607173893782.png (312 KB, 465x462)
312 KB
312 KB PNG
>>1527893
Anon...
Seriously?
>>
>>1527897
It's a STR monk build not even using gloves
>>
>>1527987
And?
What, did you really think you can play monk with PK and gloves?
>>
>>1527710
Do I need to find a build on the forums or can I just go in blind and be ok? My experience with CRPGs is only Fallout 1+2 and Planescape which weren't hard.
>>
>>1528035
Unless you're the kind of person who doesn't mind making a new build like 10 hours and scrapping a character in you should probably just look one up. Just don't make the mistake of going full glass cannon on your first attempt
>>
>>1527710
I only played a tin can AR burst build and it was really strong. Just stock up on ammo before going into the final area.
>>
>>1528035
it'll be fine. maybe start the very first char with the mentality that it's a demonstration and will get scrapped after a while when you know what kind of char you *actually* want to play. tends to happen to me anyway lol.
>>
>>1528026
I assume DEX = bare = PK
STR = gloves
>>
>>1528054
No, actually its the other way around
DEX = Gloves
STR = Barefist
>>
>>1528067
But you don't get any bonuses with gloves without investment in STR
>>
>>1528078
Doesnt matter, you get way more value from DEX action point reduction than STR damage bonus, more hits means more pneumo crits, which means way more damage
Also barefist has a hidden bonus from STR, I think the bonus damage its multiplicative, not additive like it normally is, this means str barefist puncher deals a lot of fucking damage per punch
>>
just found out one of the SGS guards in the Black Eels assault on Scrappers has a hammer, so I'm replaying the fight waiting for the Tungsten 34-58 hammer like a retard
>>
>>1528189
You can just buy a +60 quality tungsten plates from Gort or Colton
Use merchant refresh
>>
>>1527710
stealth AR
>>
>>1527847
It got added a month ago I think
Is it for killing Tchort period or killing Tchort after doing the mutagen quest?
>>
>>1527710
AR really is the most straightforward and simple. Whether you go for tin can AR or a more movement based version you really can’t go wrong. SMG vers is also incredibly strong.
>>
Am I fucked out of getting 150q black leather from a merchant if I sided with the protectorate and Coretech ?
>>
>>1528826
Yes
>>
File: 1460915899689.png (96 KB, 556x430)
96 KB
96 KB PNG
>>1528991
That sucks. Is there any cheatengine table that lets me edit the quality of a component ? Fuck playing the random dungeon lottery for what I need
>>
>>1527710
How do you guys deal with Death Stalkers? I have 15 perception, 15% increased detection, and 120 or 130 stealth and they still see me before I see them 70% of the time.

Then, every time they attack you they get free stealth and you are stuck guessing where they are before you get fucked with a stun.

Then they also get free major regeneration every turn.

I've managed to beat them with massive amounts of saving and reloading but unless I get lucky with another group of enemies in the same location, it's a real bitch to deal with them.
>>
>>1529020
There is but it hasn't been updated to 1.1.1.3 or w/e we're on now. You have to disable a bunch of the script or it crashes your game too. But if you get past that, several features still work including item editing.

I'm not at my personal computer right now so I don't remember where it is. Google underrail cheat engine table. You should find it with some work. Just make sure you read the thread.
>>
>>1529200
Caltrops, bear trash, explosives, flashbangs, yell, pyrokinesis, cryo orb, cryo stasis, flares, doors
>>
>>1529200
You have to know that they are in the area beforehand. No matter what anyone else tells you, unless you have a 10 con build with thick skull, you need foreknowledge.

Once you have that, then use caltrops/traps and bait them into a choke point. To actually shoot at them, you can lob molotovs their way to break them out of stealth, or throw flares.

Also, a neat quirk of their AI is that they'll teleport and then not move for two turns after they've stung you. So if you manage to find them during that time you can safely fuck them up.
>>
>>1529244
Most of those assume you know where they are or can target them before they've fucked you with 3 of their best friends. Only one that makes any sense is bear traps but that only goes so far.

I've used nets and they work but not when he has 2 or 3 buddies with him.
>>
>>1529217
Thanks. I can get the main script to work but not the item editor subscript. Ah well, too bad.
>>
File: 20210405013126_1.jpg (244 KB, 1024x768)
244 KB
244 KB JPG
>>1529253
Crawlers have stupid high stealth and detection, you should come prepared or book it if you're not prepared. Or use Yell.
>>
>>1529253
You haven't discovered the biggest cheese in this game yet and that is sound. You can setup a area with traps and caltrops and throw a grenade or flashbang in the general direction and everything will head towards you.
>>
>>1529297
Try using the option that picks last clicked. Then go in game and click an item. Then fiddle around until you find quality listed somewhere. Probably in another submenu.

I know it works because I've used it. Can't speak yo your specific situation though.
>>
File: ctpic.png (47 KB, 771x666)
47 KB
47 KB PNG
>>1529297
comment -everything- out in the code except the $try and $excepts

example
>>
>>1529399
Have you used it on the last patch ? Because I can't even enable the item edit subscript, I get the following error : Error while scanning for AoBs : aobitemcountreader Error : not all results found

And I have no idea how to fix it without breaking the script, as commenting out the line that causes this breaks it all.
>>
>>1529449
Using the latest patch on the GOG version and it works for me. So does the max weight thing.

Are you sure you commented out all the things you needed to on the script? Not sure if the steam version is more updated or not.
>>
>>1529447
>>1529479
Turns out I forgot one line. Thanks, it's working smoothly now.
>>
>>1527893
Everything is DOMINATING viable. This guy does various retard builds, and you can see this vs Magnar and the final boss too. And it doesn't even have anything to do with gas nades and 50 bear traps. If you know the game well it doesn't matter.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5knwy6cCwM&t=5
>>
>>1527893
>>1529676
Not pictured in this video : savescumming initiative 50 times to not get instagibbed by carnifex. Everything is dom viable, sure, it's just a question of how much you're willing to press those f5 and f9 keys.
>>
>>1529327
It is hardly a cheese if it is something that would have a high chance to work irl.
>>
>>1529690
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJfNr92EGS4
Everything is viable on DOMINATING. Surprise, game knowledge matters more than a mathematically superior build.
>>
>>1529738
There is no core weapon in the game that requires more save scumming than what Styg gives you with 95% to hit. Unoptimal fisting is an order of magnitude stronger than this, a build using a 1-7 damage weapon. The game is far easier for me now on DOMINATING than it was my first normal, or even hard run. Not every run on DOMINATING is just clicking enemies with an AR, and if that is your bar for fairness then Underrail was always an unfun, unfair game not worth playing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9IQOO7gGZI
>>
what armor do you wear as a spear build.. guessing riot armor but it kinda sucks at the same time?
>>
>>1529891
Full metal
>>
>>1529840
>and if that is your bar for fairness then Underrail was always an unfun, unfair game not worth playing.
Then why the fuck you're still here if you hate the game so much?
>>
>>1529840
>The game is far easier for me now on DOMINATING than it was my first normal, or even hard run.
Lmao so you struggled with normal?? Holy kek get gud scrub.
>>
Game is too tedious for it's own good, and unfortunately the devs have decided to double down on this over the years (disassembling/repair kit nerf, innervation, ect.) instead of fixing core problems like how merchants work.
If a sequel ever materializes (not likely) it'll be fun to see it crash and burn.
>>
>>1529964
Scrub.
>>
>>1529964
I agree, but I don't want the sequel to fail. If anything it should be an improvement because it will be a smaller game, so the tedium is less relevant across a single playthrough. Underrail is still great in a lot of ways for a couple playthroughs despite being designed around tedium, it's just so damn long with that taken into account.
>>
>>1529964
You can just turn on CE and fix those issues for yourself though?
>>
>>1530155
Only if you know where to get the tables from. If you don't, it's a bitch to change anything other than your stats. I can't even get the points for feats to narrow down to less than 90.
>>
>>1529964
>f a sequel ever materializes (not likely) it'll be fun to see it crash and burn.
lmao what? The game has been extremely successful. It's very popular for a niche title with a tiny team. What fantasy world do you live in?
>>
>>1529200
after they've restealthed they've usually run into the closest corner breaking LoS, once you learn their general hiding behaviour you can just run over into their spot and reveal them, then kill them before the stun kicks in. when dealing with multiple deathstalkers i make a 2x3 row of bear traps and then throw a grenade to make noise and lure them over
>>
How do I deal with Depot A/CC in general as a monk? Trying to kill 10+ acid dogs is a fucking bitch
>>
>>1531222
Fancy Footwork, Uncanny Dodge and Escape Artist, also high evasion
>>
>>1531222
gather dogs
take adrenaline shot, turnbased mode
open door, throw molotov, close door, wait for dogs to cook.
>>
>>1529964
Styg is an asshole unfortunately. Part of his design philosophy is making things more tedious, and this is something he claims and embraces. He can't be bothered to design content not balanced around savescumming, and deliberately obfuscates the game's code to make it harder for people to mod it.
>>
File: generic.png (187 KB, 1911x971)
187 KB
187 KB PNG
my TM/boomstick dude got to level 18 and I'm wondering what feats to pick. guess full-auto should be there too since I took the str to use it...
thinking of picrel feats + need 1 more feat at least. I also kinda wanna put at least some points in CON just to lessen the wear on f9 a bit.
or maybe I just go full agility (2 stats + agility feat + maybe blitz then?) but it still sucks mostly if I don't get initiative...
(skills aren't 100% accurate)
>>
>>1531964
What even is this shit about?
I looked through the file structure and saw a mess of file extensions that didn't seem to contain much of anything.
Has the retarded wh*te nigger even said why he doesn't want people to mod his game?
Something something muh artistic vishun?
>>
>>1531964
I supported his decision before he personally fucked the game. Mods would be the saving grace.
>>
>>1531972
Having played a Shotgun/TM build recently, I felt Full Auto was kind of a luxury, nice to have but not strictly necessary and mostly there to stack Sixth Shell really fast with a Tyranny. Combat Shotguns are just plain worse than normal Shotguns except when you need AoE damage. The main issue I have with Full Auto is that it makes Shotgun Bursts a bit awkward when it comes to reloading meaning you have to get the Extended Magazine to get more than one burst per reload.
It might synergize well with the Rancor and Salvation-13 but these are both really late-game shotguns and their damage will usually be worse than the best stuff you could craft.
I was not sure what to add to the build when I reached high level, but at that point feats like the AGI stuff you suggested or Premeditation/Stasis seems to be the way to go. Branching out a bit basically.
>>
How's this for a bunga AR tincan build ? Should I drop 1 per for gun nut ? The goal isn't really to have the most dom viable build or to deal the most damage, just to offer the most painless experience to a new player

https://underrail.info/build/?HggGAwcNAwbCoMKgAAAAAChkXwAAfX1QAAAAAABGAABkATtPFgIVW0pJK8KHRQhVS8K1wqQx4p-iBeKnqgPip74H378
>>
>>1532062
alright, sounds like i've been on the right track then. thanks!
>>
>>1532147
I would drop Conditioning and maybe also Expertise.
Squeezing in Thick Skull would make things much less painful if you can find the 3 points for CON.
With so much throwing (you only need around 120 for a 90% chance to land grenades at any range) I would consider investing into throwing feats or dropping the skill some points.
Gun Nut is gud too, yes.

Since this is for a new player I'd also suggest throwing in Kneecap Shot for some easy and reliable crowd control.

Don't feel bad about dropping Perception down some points to put them elsewhere. I imagine it's for Normal difficulty so you hardly need to pump it high.
>>
Trying to use a spear early game but the AP cost is fucking me. I've had better success so far just using a knife should I just keep using it until I can make a tri chrome spear because getting 2 hits off from a spear sucks sometimes.
>>
>>1529964
>>1531723
samefag
>>
>>1532249
Yeah spears are really awkward before getting a TiChrome Spear and/or Tabi Boots. Even then you won't be able to get 3 Attacks per round with your spear due to the 17 AP cost, but it leaves you 16 AP for a Shield Bash, specced Spear Throw or Grenade. Though Adrenaline/Vitality Powder/PT Acceleration helps with the AP issues.
Early on you can use the Jackknife or a Shiv to get an extra attack per round (works nicely with Cheap Shots and Expose Weakness), but the range difference with spears is tricky to work around, same thing with a taser.
Riot Gear with Shield Spear or Two-Handed Spear user?
>>
>>1532408
Two handed. Metal armor with armor slopping and nimble is much better than riot gear.
>>
File: feats.png (11 KB, 629x206)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>>1532462
Where can I fit sloping and nimble in?
Drop grenade for one probably but idk about the other
>>
>>1532516
I think with a Nimble Can you could remove sprint since your Armor Penalty shouldn't really get higher than 14 with armor & light headwear or 25 with armor and helmet, while the Tabis will provide you additional MP and you'll have PT Contraction for when you need more mobility. Maybe Opportunist unless you feel the added damage is absolutely necessary.
Not a huge fan of Fend either, more blocked damage at the cost of not attacking just doesn't seem worth it.
>>1532462
Yeah, I wish I had known that when I first tried spears but I guess the experience was still fun in the end. I just found the idea of a phalanx build with a bashing shield neat, but balancing mobility, tankiness and shield damage can get pretty tricky for marginal benefits all while lowering your Spear and Spear Throw damage.
>>
>warrior burrowers in camp hathor

the fuck
>>
>>1532950
Dominating. Not sure in hard.
>>
>>1527710
>What's the easiest playstyle?
having 120+ IQ irl
>>
File: zi9pzc08yrm61.png (188 KB, 540x540)
188 KB
188 KB PNG
>>
File: depota.png (504 KB, 2560x1440)
504 KB
504 KB PNG
based depot a
>>
>>1531723
While all of this is true, I'm not bothered much by how tedious it is, I'm old and used to clunky interfaces, bad design etc. Underrail is bad but it could be much worse, most of the problems are also leftovers of early dev builds, so chances are Infusion MIGHT not be as bad.
What bothers me is that Styg seriously believes that putting ambushes and dozen of mobs at every turn is engaging or difficult when it's just cheap and obnoxious, you can fool people once but after that they'll just know what comes next and destroy everything by either cheesing or simply knowing where you placed enemies.
And frankly it wouldn't actually be all that bad if the system was engaging and deep enough to make it interesting to replay through with different characters, but the core of Underrail's combat is just different flavours of kiting or rushdown with AP stacking through TM+drugs.
And the thing that pains me the most about it is that Styg was also almost able to solve one of the biggest problems that plagues this genre, which is prebuffing, but actually made the rest of the game so dependant on foreknowledge and general stacking you just end up stacking traps and caltrops to win instead of buffs.
But as I said, the core issue is that underrail is fundamentally too mechanically shallow in terms of combat model, outside of having its own share of plain bad mechanics.
>>1532950
That's DOMINATING for ya, have fun dealing with Ancient Rathounds roaming around in Upper Underrail, Goliathus packs or the gorillion strongmen/handmaiden in the Blacked Sea
>>
>>1534315
>but the core of Underrail's combat is just different flavours of kiting or rushdown with AP stacking through TM+drugs.
Tank builds disagree
>which is prebuffing
Care to elaborate?
>you just end up stacking traps and caltrops to win instead of buffs.
Or you can simply just -not- use bear traps and caltrops in every instance you get?
You fail to realize bear traps and caltrops are but a last resort tools in order to tackle a fight
>>
>>1534328
>Care to elaborate?
If you don't know what prebuffing is you're not qualified to participate in CRPG criticism, just hang out somewhere else on 4chan
>>
File: 1605651810629.png (237 KB, 540x518)
237 KB
237 KB PNG
>>1534343
No.
>>
>>1534328
>Tank builds
Are fundamentally another flavour of rushdown, don't kid yourself.
>Care to elaborate?
There's nothing to elaborate unless you never played any CRPG outside of Underrail, prebuffing is notorious for destroying any semblance of depth, balance or difficulty in any D&D based CRPG alone, let alone other games which allow it.
>Or you can simply just -not- use bear traps and caltrops in every instance you get?
Tell that to 3CON 3AGI characters.
inb4
>B...but that's a bad build!!11
It's perfectly legitimate and you can finish DOMINATING with many variants of that, as much as it's a pain in the ass in places like the Arena, which are just badly designed in general.
>bear traps and caltrops are but a last resort tools
No, bear traps and caltrops are absolutely necessary to even approach a lot of fights for several builds, energy gun users are completely powerless without them when it comes to things like the bladelings hordes in Foundry since they're not just absurdly tanky and with permanent buffs, they ignore crits, which is the cornerstone of energy guns, you simply can't win that fight without bear traps, caltrops and gas grenades.
It's impossible for several glass cannon builds in the game to deal with the sormibaeren invasion reliablt once you get in the dead sea, even at level 20 many of those will struggle without at least filling out the whole field with caltrops, and these are just a couple of examples without considering the simple fact that traps, caltrops and grenades aren't a last resort, they're singlehandedly capable of breaking the entire game, much like stealth+vanishing powder grenades do.
But putting this aside, a lot of the difficulties that many builds have can be easily circumvented by just knowing what lies ahead and applying general spacing tactics, which is exactly why traps and caltrops are so broken, I just wish the entire game didn't boil down to that and right clicking on enemies.
>>
>>1534368
>Are fundamentally another flavour of rushdown
What you're on about? Tank builds, such as melee tin cans rely on weathering the damage they recieve and return the favour with the same coin, since everyone will react first than a tank character.
>It's perfectly legitimate and you can finish DOMINATING with many variants of that, as much as it's a pain in the ass in places like the Arena, which are just badly designed in general.
If you play a 3 CON 3 AGI builds that relies on traps and caltrops to get by, that's on you, not the game, for playing something so unviable to constantly resort to these strats. It's legit, yes, but bothersome to the point nobody bothers with it unless utterly and completely necessary.
But I also agree the Arena is badly designed.
>Killing the beast
I will be the devil's advocate here, the whole quest is designed to be like that, since you cannot kill Bladelings by conventional means, or if you can it's extremely hard, you resort to unconventional methods, such as poisons, acid, toxic gas, electricity, mental damage, HE explosives, etc. You're put in a defensive position against hordes of enemies that are very resistant to conventional fighting methods, and you're mean to adapt to it.
In the same way, tin can character also share the same weaknesses than bladelings do in that same situation, like how much struggle against the Lunatics, but tin can also steamrolls factions like Ironheads and to lesser extend the Lurkers.
While stealthy glass cannons can utterly trivialize the Lunatics but struggle with the Lurkers or maybe the Ironheads. Everything has a strategy, weaknesses and strenghts you can use and play in your favour.
>>
>>1534368
>>1534420
Cont.
>It's impossible for several glass cannon builds in the game to deal with the sormibaeren invasion reliablt once you get in the dead sea
Not entirely true, glass cannon *melee* builds struggle on the native assaults, but tin cans and gunfag glass cannon builds still do well on the assaults, provided you kill them all before they overrun you. If you're a melee glass cannon you're better off siding with the pirates.
>much like stealth+vanishing powder grenades do.
This is truth.
>But putting this aside, a lot of the difficulties that many builds have can be easily circumvented by just knowing what lies ahead and applying general spacing tactics, which is exactly why traps and caltrops are so broken, I just wish the entire game didn't boil down to that and right clicking on enemies.
This not necessarily a problem with the game in itself, but a metaknowledge problem, once you know what you will face you can trivialize the game, even in Dominating. This game needs more randomization of enemies to make combat mode unpredictable and less set on stone.
>I just wish the entire game didn't boil down to that and right clicking on enemies.
Then stop playing as ranged glass cannon builds using caltrops and bear traps
The most strategic builds are nimble melee cannons that can make use of Fancy Footwork, using MP to strategically hit n run, breaking line of sight, etc
To lesser extend tin can melee builds can also be strategic in the sense that you constantly must make the good calls in combat or you die if you make way too many mistakes
>>
>>1534442
shut up discord tranny false flagger
>>
>>1534328
>>1534343
Argument should have stopped here.
>>
>>1534315
>kiting or rushdown
what kind of combat would _not_ boil down to one of these? how could that be implemented?
>>
>developer ruins game
>>
>>1534420
>rely on weathering the damage they recieve
Good luck weathering Bilocation spammers or plasma turrets.
The truth is that any build, "tank" or not can ignore certain enemies but has to rushdown the others, there is no real tank build on DOMINATING, ironically enough the best tank build is a stealth build.
>that's on you, not the game
Actually, that's entirely on the game for not offering the player any other combat tool than spacing.
Underrail is fundamentally a game of positioning and spacing more than anything, which is why denying enemy movement and actions while stacking yours is where all the strategy lies, and why caltrops and traps are busted (on top of the lack of any investment gating).
What Underrail would need is to move away from this model and implement deeper battle mechanics.
>the whole quest is designed to be like that
Not really, a shotgun build can just park somewhere and blast them with tungsten as they come, AR tin cans might have to kite a bit but you don't really need to use many traps or caltrops.
And no, there's no difference between lunatic, ironheads or lurkers outside of using stealth or not, especially because all of those use the same exact melee/ranged/PSI paradigm of generic mooks, you fight them all in the same exact way, what changes is the environment, which is again, spacing.
>but tin cans and gunfag glass cannon builds still do well on the assaults
Tin cans aren't glass cannons, and no, you only do well if you know what to expect, which is again, the other big problem with Underrail's design, and why people tell new players to go with high CON because it gives you more room for errors compared to glass cannon builds
>Then stop playing as ranged glass cannon builds
No, because tanky builds are even more boring than that and wasting time kiting things on melee and playing retarded peekaboo is even worse.
What Underrail needs is a mechanical overhaul, randomization won't fix the core issues if not make them more evident.
>>
>>1535003
Good combat, that requires good enemy design too instead of copypasting a gorillion mooks all over the place and call it a day, DOMINATING is especially amateurish on that because it's clear Styg thinks cheap ambushes of endgame enemies in places you don't expect them to be are hard and not something that just takes you by surprise once and then never again.
>how could that be implemented?
Many ways, but since I'm not on Styg's payroll I won't do what HE's supposed to do and do it for free.
Needless to say, a major redesign of the combat model is needed, make actions do something more firing X amount of bullets or swing melee X amount of times, for how focused on positioning this game is I'm astounded that Styg hasn't made something as basic as combat abilities that make you attack while changing your positioning at the same time, or attacking with two different weapons at once/attacking+item use, that alone would be a major game changer, imagine a pistol user who shoots at grenades in mid air using its Gun skills to determine the grenade accuracy instead of Throwing.
Rework the damage mechanics paradigm entirely, "mechanical" damage is fucking dumb, a machete doesn't act like bullets, acid is dumb, energy is fucking absurdly busted and energy shields are a terrible idea in general, stealth should also be completely reworked because as it is now it's either just a free button to ignore enemies or a monstruously busted cheese button where you can become the roof nigger yourself, especially after vanishing powder grenades were introduced.
Make enemies that are actually varied, there's TWO TM users in the WHOLE game, when was the last time you've seen enemies use special bullets? When did you ever see enemies use caltrops on you?
And most importantly stop making enemies work entirely around one shotting or perma CC in a game where you play as a lone character, that only exacerbates all the problems this game has.
>>
File: Hammer Wizard build_.png (156 KB, 1608x906)
156 KB
156 KB PNG
>>1527731
you have psi abilities and grenades for range, and you whoop ass in melee, but if you need to move you have to use action points, yes
which is alright, only a few builds are tankier than this, and none are tankier when it comes to armor
>>
>>1535722
You just made me realize that if I play this game again with high will/int to get all the lore I should play on easy or at least normal cause who gives a fuck about this nonsense lol
>>
File: typical psipleb.jpg (87 KB, 1261x201)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>1535022
>t.
>>
>>1536994
Ironically enough, that's one of the best builds for DOMINATING outside of a couple of sections.
>>
>>1537061
>outside of a couple of sections.
Such as?
>>
>>1537078
Depends if you choose to go higher WIL for PSI or higher INT for energy guns.
I'd say you biggest walls are going to be the bladeling rush in Foundry (if you go full INT), Carnifex(If you go 3AGI) and maybe Magnar.
Another problem you might have is the Gray Army base if you don't have around 200 effective Stealth, because there's spec ops in the warehouse with really high detection levels, though you could also put points in persuasion and avoid troubles I guess.
For the rest you're probably gonna steamroll everything, especially since with high INT you're able to craft really good shit very early on that can help you trivialize a lot of encounters, even if you don't use traps, if you spec traps and stealth then the game becomes hilariously easy, and with a high INT energy gun build you have plenty of skill points to waste in whatever you want.
>>
>>1537126
For a moment I thought you were talking about pure psi build, but fair enough I suppose
>>
Someone post a knife build pls
>>
>>1537145
The thing is that if you want to go for ALL of the lore then you have to compromise a bit on the functionality of your character.
A base statline of 8 INT is needed for the philosophy stuff with the ferryman, though I'd advise to stick to 10 minimum anyway because hypercerebrix is a meme and comes way too late.
For ALL the WIL related checks you need 16 WIL iirc, if you want to pass the check at the Health Center and not die, or maybe it was 14? But you could also just send the strongman in there if you don't want that shitty feat for completionism sake, it's not like you miss much so virtually you can stick to 14.
A 14 WIL/14 INT build is still pretty strong, just not as memeworthy as a minmaxed 18INT supernerd build.
>>
>>1537183
>For ALL the WIL related checks you need 16 WIL iirc, if you want to pass the check at the Health Center and not die
If I recall the highest Will check in the hospital was around 10 or 11 Will.
The thing with the doctor is easy, if you dont resist, he doesnt kill you, if you do resist and enter his chamber, he kills you.
Alternatively you can just kill Man and get the fuck out of there.
>>
>>1537078
Nevil quest on dominating fucked my wizard up. Was always running out of PSI for the industrials.
>>
File: 20210124001119_1.jpg (223 KB, 1024x768)
223 KB
223 KB JPG
>>1537325
Did you innervated more than 2 psi schools? If you did then yeah you will get fucked
>>
>>1537170
knife builds are very straightforward and simple
you make one
>>
File: Sanic.png (184 KB, 1635x888)
184 KB
184 KB PNG
GAS
GAS
GAS

IM GONNA STEP ON THE GASSSS
AND BE A HEROOOOO
>>
forgot to get tailoring and im getting fucking destroyed by mutant dogs as a melee build. should i just restart or slog through trying to kill 1-2 hounds then heal up lol
>>
>>1538046
you can buy or find mutant dog leather armor/boots/tabis
or
you can lure all the dogs to a door, open it, throw a strong grenade, and use adrenaline to close the door again if necessary
>>
thinking about doing hammer wizard
is there any point in agility/armor slopping at all, or should I just go max armor penalty?
>>
File: Boom goes the Naga.jpg (219 KB, 1024x768)
219 KB
219 KB JPG
>>1538473
If you go tungsten, dont bother going armor slopping, even with fully spec'd Armor Sloping your quad tungsten armor will be still 95%, and you could go 6 AGI for Sprint, tho you'd be sacrifing a lot for little gain. You dont need movement when you have the ranged attacks of psi.
If you feel daring, you can go Nimble Can Hammer Wizard, tho I think you wont have enough feat slots for it.
>>
>>1538478
How much will and int?
>>
>>1538480
7 Will for Force User and Stoicism.
6 INT for Armor Sloping and Expose Weakness.
You could go 7 INT for Power Management but I highly discourage doing so. Balor's is what all sledgehammer builds aim to.
>>
>>1535722
This post is so aggressively retarded. It's a treat to read.
Dominating is there for turbo autists that have extensive meta-knowledge. It's not meant to be fair. How daft do you have to be to not get that?
>>
File: 1611203876838.png (42 KB, 189x231)
42 KB
42 KB PNG
>>1538971
>It's supposed to be bad!
Guess we all agree Styg is retarded then
>>
File: BH.jpg (106 KB, 421x565)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>have to play on DOMINATING due to autism
>want to get every lore bit and every curiosity on single playthrough due to autism
>Styg forces you to be a mage to see lore
>can't be a Balorchad and see lore at the same time due to stat point limits
This world is suffering.
>>
>How daft do you have to be to not get that?
This daft, apparently: >>1539020

Dominating ain't bad, you creature. It's made with a purpose and for a target demographic you don't belong to. Just play hard or normal. It's like you complaining about condoms sized bigger than "micro" and saying they're bad, because they're too loose for you.
>>
>>1539069
Wizards are not chads, anon.
Cannot have both.
>>
>>1539072
>It's made with a purpose and for a target demographic you don't belong to.
Autistic, insecure retards? Sure anybody can see that much anon, it still doesn't change that it's a complete joke that is horribly designed to the point it goes against basic design principles of the very same game.
>>
>>1539216
Yeah, I can't even imagine how doped up someone has to be to defend an explicitly untested joke difficulty.
>>
Daily reminder that Dominating has the most content of all the difficulties.
Scrubs keep seething.
>>
File: wat.png (68 KB, 466x450)
68 KB
68 KB PNG
>>1539235
>>
>>1539235
He's not wrong, there are a lot of random events that only occur on dominating and some special dungeons like the time keepers.
>>
What's the highest persuasion check in the game ? Or at least the amount of persuasion I need to see all the lore
>>
>>1539394
think the highest is 110 for dc? not sure about the expansion
>>
>>1539411
should be between 110-130, for persuading IRIS I believe
>>
>>1539411
>mid-game expansion
>has harder enemies and higher checks than the endgame dungeon
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>1539512
Is that for lore ? I'm a bit stretched on points and don't really care if I make something a bit harder for myself, I just want to get all the lore I can, since I find it's the best thing about the game.
>>
>>1539231
What's exclusive to DOMINATING outside of the new three jobbers in the sewers that die to traps'n braps like anything else in the game?
A meme belt and another shitty fight isn't really worth slogging through it for most people.
>>
Is there a way to decrease energy pistol AP cost that isn't dex?
>>
>>1539544
No if you want lore stuff you want to do a pure INT/Will build, per doesn't affect anything related to that but just gives you optional ways to either save people or do quests.
>>
>>1539069
you can *now*
you can raise will by 4 points; 3 from food and 1 from an armor
>>
>>1539512
IRIS is definitely not higher than 120
>>
>>1539695
nope
>>
>>1539771
So which plasma pistol is best? Is steadfast aim worth it if you're going with the 40ap cost one?
>>
>>1539779
keep one (uno) plasma pistol somewhere buried in your inventory for when you know a big 2.5k hp boss is lurking nearby, otherwise laser + electroshock all the way, all the time
the AP cost vs. absurd overkill of crit plasma is an outright waste on anything else
translator's note: only applies to dominating, anything lower and there's no reason at all to use plasma
>>
>>1539779
>So which plasma pistol is best?
There's only one plasma pistol type, and the mods are the same as any other energy gun, smart module+circular wave amplifier.
>Is steadfast aim worth it if you're going with the 40ap cost one?
If you go 18 DEX I guess? Plasma's only use is for bosses, anything else is laser+electro
>>
What the FUCK are unconditional special attacks?
>>
>>1540197
Unconditional special attacks

Special attacks that do not have a cooldown or require special conditions to trigger are considered unconditional. As of 1.0.4, special attack damage bonus no longer works with unconditional special attacks.

Special bolts fired from a Crossbow do not count as special attacks at all, so they're also excluded from special attack damage bonus.

Burst
Heavy Punch
Shotgun Burst
Double Shot
>>
>>1540197
i'm sorry did you expect the game to tell you?
lol
>>
>>1540208
Cool so there's 4 of them?
>>
>>1540197
Burst is one. Basically special attacks that do not require a feat slot.
>>
File: get in motion.jpg (690 KB, 2560x1440)
690 KB
690 KB JPG
>>1539792
>>1539801
>laser + electroshock
I like to pair the laser pistol with a chem one, usually acid but fire is fine too, especially against coil spiders.
>>
>>1527710
Tin can with assault rifles.
>>
>>1540483
this pic is amazing
>>
>>1539792
What about max high technicalities + electroshock pistol? Then the added damage would actually matter?
>>
>>1541267
If you do play with Energy guns then High Technicalities is your first priority in terms of speccing, then it's Critical Power.
>Then the added damage would actually matter?
With a 150+Q pistol, fully specced HT and CP, 8+PER and 16+INT, chances are your Electroshock pistol will hit hard enough to melt most bosses in the game short of Tchort, you can even potentially one shot ghost Magnar by abusing ricochets to bypass his crit immunity (and absurd evasion since your hitrate on that mong will be about 50% anyway).
Of course, Plasma is an assured instakill and will be better for bossing and tougher mobs early on, but near the end of the game, when you hit level 25 or so, Electroshock becomes equivalent if not better due to the ricochet.
>>
File: Screenshot (1).png (116 KB, 1557x940)
116 KB
116 KB PNG
Am I doing something wrong or right?
>>
>Start Expedition
>Oops, forgot my caltrops for the bullshit beach defense
>That's fine, I'll just warp to core city and warp back
>As soon as I warp back the entire camp aggroes me

Why is Styg such a fucking nigger ? It's incredible.
>>
>>1542142
yes
>>
File: AR tank.png (131 KB, 1658x807)
131 KB
131 KB PNG
>>1542142
cant do dodge/evasion with 3 agi and metal armor, anon

pickpocket isnt a bad choice even with shit dex, because of all the AR ammo you can get
>>
>>1527710
Why is the Aegis camp almost out of medical supplies? I gave the Muties nothing and I have killed most of the savages and pirates.
>>
>>1542203
I see; thanks
>>
>shock shurikens and a throwing knife glove
it's time to finally try the meme throwing build on dom
this doesn't even look that bad with the new feats, only problem i can see is shit with super high DR
>>
>>1542225
forget about nagas

with everything else, hypertoxicity and clever poison use
>>
>>1542225
Industrial bots and strongmen go down to Plasma nades+EMP, Nagas...yeah better have high stealth for those and just fuck off
>>
>>1542235
sell me on poison, hypertoxicity seems like a complete meme to me until you get leper/heartbreak and even then you have to wait several turns for them to die
>>
can burrows respawn in camp hathor while you are in it? or I might of just have had the speed hack on too long i guess
>>
>>1542254
yes, i've had this happen by going afk with the ingame speed bumped up to max
annoying as fuck if you think you've cleared the place out
>>
>>1542254
Yes; don't all non-human enemies respawn?
>>
>>1542272
Yeah I had gone to the top floor, forgot a timer for the dynamite so when went back out to the part before the caves, all 5 burrowers had respawned

Was truly a pain in the ass having to do it twice but thats what I get for speedhack and forgetting my dynamite I guess
>>
>>1542253
cave ear increases all bio damage by 50%
crawler stuns them for two turns after two turns
burrower can stack up to 5 times (7 x 5 = 35)
burrower + cave ear = 52 (35 x 1.5)
add hypertoxicity = 104 (52 x 2)
the crawler damage would be 30 per turn
so if you have 5 stacks of burrower, 1 cave ear, 1 crawler, they're taking 134 damage a turn, will be stunned for two turns, and have -5 perception the whole time

and yeah, leper and heartbreaker are way better
>>
>>1542272
Yeah, but I've noticed that on DOMINATING there's a couple of those that don't respawn, like the Ancient Rathounds in upper underrail, Alpha and normal rathounds will respawn but not the Ancient ones.
Robots don't respawn either.
>>
>>1542213
The retards are popping adrenaline off cooldown like it's candy.
Or Styg just thought it would be cool to have it constantly drain because he's a balkan chimpazoid.
>>
Should I always be adding electricity to my spears when I make them?
>>
>>1542907
yes
>>
Should I join Pirates or Aegis for maximum expedition lore ? The camp defense tedium is getting to me
>>
>>1543084
Pirates. But you can just make a save before choosing sides, and play both with the same character.
>>
>>1543084
Aegis if you want to know what the fuck happened in the Blacked Sea because you'll be able to read to data from the various devices you find in the ruins and Oldfield will give you more rundowns on the lemurians.
If you join the pirates on the other hand you get more information on, well, the pirates, and some other snippets about Aegis itself and the less pleasant truths behind the expedition.
>>
What would the best infused leather be for a spear build for tabis? I use sprint a lot so probably cave hopper right?
>>
>>1543439
>What would the best infused leather be for a spear build for tabis?
if high AGI low CON, greater siphoner
If high CON, either Bison or 120 quality Pig, drop by Fatso boar boss
>I use sprint a lot so probably cave hopper right?
You could, yes
>>
>>1543084
I can't remember any Aegis-side lore not being highly redundant with shit you can figure out by other means. And gameplay-wise I doubt anyone has ever done the Aegis side twice because it's so damn annoying.
>>
One day riot shields will be able to block bullets, and I will be happy. Shield bashing people for 800 is fun and all but come on, why only melee
>>
does anyone else only use traps as a last resort? I try so many times to get my build to work on certain encounters but sometimes I have to trap and gas it up, feels bad sometimes honestly like im not good enough to beat fight the mobs so I have to be a pussy and trap them while i wait behind los
>>
>>1543439
it depends, but yeah hopper is okay
the only downside is its lower quality
>>
File: 1595554120787.png (1.36 MB, 1476x2112)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB PNG
>>1543715
Depends on the build. Like I play psimonk on DOM and there are fights where trap/nade just feels necessary to make up for ranged weaknesses and overall squishiness of the build.

For something like 0 movement chadhammer, traps aren't as necessary. You want the enemy to approach.
>>
>>1543715
Depends on what you play as if you play on DOMINATING, but then again
>DOMINATING
On Hard there's no need to use traps as long as you know what you're doing, at best you'd just sprinkle some caltrops around and call it a day.
>>
File: dog.png (428 KB, 2560x1440)
428 KB
428 KB PNG
last place i would expect a dog to be
>>
>>1527731
Snipers
>>
>>1543894
he won't be there long
>>
>90% chance to throw grenade where i need to to be

fucking throws it at his feet. fuck this game. why do i evne have 100 points in throwing
>>
>>1543715
Yeah last resort, squishifags tend to rely a little bit more than tank builds.
Sometimes traps and caltrops are kinda necessary, like in the beast fight or against death stalkers
>>
File: 20210410030958_1.jpg (176 KB, 1024x768)
176 KB
176 KB JPG
I cant believe how strong throwing knives are to everything except robots
And against robots, it's better to have some melee skill, a good tichrome knife and have EW
>>
File: 20210410030946_1.jpg (295 KB, 1024x768)
295 KB
295 KB JPG
Knives for days
>>
>>1544433
Do throwing knives work well with melee knives?
>>
>>1544433
No shit they're good now that Styg uncucked them and gave them Remote Surgeon.
Took him almost a decade to stop being retarded but better late than never.
>>
>>1544982
>look up remote surgeon
>durrr thrwoig knib do da more damaj
Why is he making the game worse with every update? Is he running out of ideas?
>>
>>1545418
That's exactly what they needed to fucking work, the problem with throwing knives was precisely that they did no fucking damage, especially against anything that actually wore armor.
>inb4 why didn't he give them gimmicks instead of muh DPS
Because Underrail is all about DPS in the first place, if you want deep mechanics this isn't the game for you, it's fundamentally turn based Diablo.
>>
best metal for spear? guessing tung since I can get a guaranteed crit from impale?
>>
>>1545418
You never can be satisfied
At this point you sound like a bitchy middle aged wife
>>
>>1545527
Tungsten is by default is the best metal for melee weapons
>>
>>1544954
I'd be leaning to say yes
>>
>>1544982
Do throwing knives still not work with general feats like ambush/critical power/survival instincts? That was what always made them go from garbage to unplayable hypergarbage.
>>
>>1545672
>Do throwing knives still not work with general feats like ambush/critical power/survival instincts?
Yes, they still dont work with these feats
However throwing knives are entirely viable in this version still
>>
>>1545672
Yeah, they still ignore those feats for no good reason but have been redeemed almost singlehandedly by Remote Surgeon anyway.
>>
>>1545924
>level 14 skill that monopolizes 5 specialization points just to have a different form of gun that breaks most other feat interactions
yeah nah
>>
>>1545930
I'm not saying their god tier or anything, just that the damage rework and Remote Surgeon means they're actually viable now.
>just to have a different form of gun
Given how 90% of underrail is about guns this doesn't mean much, it's all about flavour in the first place, if you play Underrail for optimization I don't know what to tell you, the vast majority of "optimal" builds are boring shit that plays exactly the same.
>>
>>1545993
I wish there were more stuff like versatility or ambush and side-investment feats like grenadier that aren't just about "maek this pure build betterer".
>>
File: SUPER SAIYAN.png (2.12 MB, 1212x6327)
2.12 MB
2.12 MB PNG
>>
>Devs nerf something
*Autistic shrieking*
>Devs buff something
*Autistic shrieking*
>Devs do literally nothing
*Autistic shrieking*
>Devs just literally exists
*Autistic shrieking*
>>
File: 1557191904645.jpg (36 KB, 280x344)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>1546106
>in a single player game
>the dev is the largest autist of all and reports, bans, housecalls, harrasses, assaults, fines and violates anyone who tries to mod his polished turd
>>
File: 1617223375800.png (323 KB, 446x750)
323 KB
323 KB PNG
>>1546268
>>the dev is the largest autist of all
No shit what did you expect from a developer of an obscure serbian cRPG that he alone started to create out of the from the floor up all alone for a bunch of years?
>>
>>1546268
go play literally anything else
>>
New Force Field meta, bois
>>
File: maymays.png (1.12 MB, 1016x759)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB PNG
>>
>>1545659
Tichrome is probably better for heavier weapons
>>
>>1546410
>New Force Field meta
?
>>
>>1547030
*lighter
>>
>>1547052
Discordfags made a discovery related to FF that might or might not break the game
>>
>>1529676
>retard build
>check build in video description
>temporal manipulation
>optimized build for throwing
>>
Is decapitate worth it for a sword build?
>>
File: Sword Build.png (144 KB, 1920x908)
144 KB
144 KB PNG
What's your guy's advice on a sword build? I want to play one and want to know if it's missing anything.
https://underrail.info/build/?HgUQBgYDBQUANwDCoB4ARk8mNCxudUdhbQBCAG4AAEgrOSgmwowGYRYNwo0SwpnCjsKDwofCiMKzwrrfvw
This character planning is hard stuff.
>>
>>1547120
Awesome ill find out about it in the next patch when FF gets nerfed more
>>
>>1547413
I don't know shit about sword builds, but red dragon has a 6 int requirement if you plan on using it
>>
>>1547364
Context clues can be difficult for those with certain conditions, but I still feel like you could do better.
>>
>>1534315
It would have been a lot more interesting if more enemies were resistant/immune to like half of all damage types. Right now you can punch and/or incinerate pretty much everything, which gets monotonous.
Also the fact that an optimal psi build is the ones that generate kinetic power (meta and tek) as opposed to the more interesting schools. Right now a viable psi build is just shooty mcshoot but with a different type of ammo.
>>
What's the best jetski to buy from Ray's ? Mostly looking for firepower and defense, but I've heard that the destroyer is so slow that its combat performance isn't actually great.
>>
>>1537048
>muh gamer entitlement syndrome
also
>implying pure psi isn't still viable af
>>
>>1547364
yea passing that as a "retard build" is a bit misleading...
>>
File: 1573120795289.png (1017 KB, 665x663)
1017 KB
1017 KB PNG
>>1547667
I'm not really fond of playing all or nothing RPS with damage types, I'd rather have something that makes it so the game isn't all about direct damage, though on the other hand Larian showed how terrible it is to turn your game into a barrel and puddle simulator so I can't say focus on environmental damage looks like the way to go, but it would add variety nonetheless.
And It can't happen anyway unless Styg completely reworks damage mechanics and armor mechanics to begin with.
For some reason he thought it was a good idea to make spears, swords, bullets and blunt weaponry work on the same exact damage type (Mechanical) but add a caveat in the form of specifical subtype damage reduction for armor type, which also ends up not mattering because an innate 200% threshold multiplier against projectiles in a game where 95% of the enemies use projectiles means you've already busted whatever possible armor model variety you want to introduce, and this is without opening the literal tin can that is tin cans.
Another thing he fucked up hard are energy shields, he could have made energy shields work by geometry type, as in a shield that blocks frontal attacks but is weak from the side and nonexistent in the back and viceversa, instead he chose to go with a dumb frequency mechanic which just doesn't work because Low-Low is the best shield type in the game hands down and shields blocking everything for so much reduction in a game like this where you're constantly ganked and alone means they're compulsory, not a choice.
It also doesn't help that he made a lot of components that are completely useless, like polarizers, or not beaten at their own game by other components, when was the last time you made a shield with a shield capacitor or a magnifier instead of a converter?
>>
Fallout 1 as written by Styg:

>after dicking around in Shady Sands for a good few hours, you finally get out to the world. The Hub has been attacked by a Very Mysterious Faction and they want you to investigate
>spend a good few hours in Junktown doing quests for Gizmo or Killian; there's no payoff to either one but you do get a ton of useless stuff from them
>finally reach The Hub. They don't know much about the Very Mysterious Faction, but you're welcome to do side quests for the water merchants if you'd like
>meet the Brotherhood of Steel which is fighting some minor local gang; join either the BoS or the gang, none of which is making a good persuasive case for itself
>come across your first super mutant. There's no dialogue and you have to kill it
>in the course of your exploration, stumble upon something called "FEV". What's FEV? Who knows. It's a Very Important Thing which was created a long time ago and is related to some Very Powerful Beings
>after some Brotherhood scribe is off-handedly mentioning something about The Master, go to the Cathedral to investigate
>the Followers don't exist btw
>Spend another few hours doing quests for the Children in order to gain their trust, because there's no sneaky solution and lockpicking is not a thing
>The Cathedral is attacked by the Very Mysterious Faction and you find yourself in the underground bunker beneath it
>dick around for like four hours in the Cathedral dungeon (remember those insane telepaths? Each of them has a side quest for you) before coming face to face with the master
>kill The Master unceremoniously; there's hardly any dialogue and certainly no drive-him-to-suicide solution
>find yourself in Vault 13, the Overseer asks you if you think you should leave so that the vault dwellers won't get any ideas. You're free to tell him to fuck off with no consequences.
>DLC edition with cool Mad Max-style cars
>>
>>1528685
Just Tchort.
>>
>>1529200
Yell, traps, AoE, flares.
>>
>>1529200
On normal/hard, LoC and pray that I survive the turn.
On dominating, do 180.
>>
>>1529690
Carnifex is optional and I agree a little unfair. Really there’s only a couple ways to reliable not get fucked. Stack initiave or have LOC and enough defense to survive losing the initiative roll. But again it is optional and it’s also in a world where save scumming exists
>>
>>1547683
Devastator, provided you aren't playing melee in which case you don't really want firepower and defense on a jetski, you want mobility and evasion.
>so slow that its combat performance isn't actually great.
Never matters unless you want to keep Razor alive while playing as a pirate with no persuasion, the defenses of a Devastator are immense and the plasma cannon will clap many, many asscheeks at once even on DOMINATING.
You eventually get strong engines to give you more movement points and the Devastator has twin engines, so unless you flood it with loot you'll still be able to move around plenty while also being built like a tank, you're more or less a floating Dreadnought.
The only thing that kinda sucks is that no matter the horsepower, you won't be able to use the platforms in the waterways, you do need a lightweight jetski for those, but it's not really important.
>>
>>1547413
its pretty good like the other guy said you want 6 int for red dragon

be prepared to reload a lot whenever your flurry decides to not hit
>>
>>1545930
It's just boring as fuck, it's the most boring thing he could've done.
>styg throwing knives need something to make them more fun
>ok here's a new feat
>what does it do?
>increase damage
>what about the other feats and like the mechanics and stuff?
>who cares autist
ONLY TURBOSPERGS DEFEND THIS
>>
>>1548243
styg isnt even really working on this game anymore dude the game is pretty finished, all the new shit is from the new hires he adds while he focuses on infusion, after he psi update i'm pretty sure he's been done.
>>
>>1547435
Always the positive kind, are you?
>>
>>1547683
>>1548118
>provided you aren't playing melee in which case you don't really want firepower and defense on a jetski, you want mobility and evasion.
I think Phaser provides a good balance of speed, stability and horse power.
>>
how do i deal with psi nigs and their psuedo image bullshit as a spear build. Just flashbang and run away and wait it out?
>>
>>1548524
Grenades, taser ignores PSP, also spear throw, dont let them cast PSP; or be prepared to do a holdout
>>
>You need to read a textbook just to bet on stupid hopper races

Why is it always like this
>>
>>1547413
my advice for a sword build is to play a knife build
>>
File: curseditem.png (551 KB, 1308x808)
551 KB
551 KB PNG
why doesn't have quality on it?
>>
>>1547413
https://underrail.info/build/?HgUNDQMDAwYAQADCoMKgwqAAADEsAE1YEUdUAAAAwqBwAAA5woMrJMKMEk4TwofCjQZHwohLPMKlwqbCs8OObRpswp7Cn8KgwqHCncKt4p-OBOKxoATisogF4rKJAt-_
>>
>Sneak into the west depot to retrieve the RFID chip
>Don't get seen on the way in
>Don't get seen on the way out
>Muties immediatly turn hostile when I enter their little island now

What the fuck did I do wrong ?
>>
>>1548670
>You need to wait for the goddamn race to go on in real time
>>1548724
That dungeon is bugged as hell and most of the loot there doesn't have quality
>>1548864
Quailty Styg design
>>
>>1548864
did you turn the power on?
>>
knife chucker is pretty fun now that it's been buffed to fuck
is there a way to get more crit chance on throwing knifes? reckless and focus stims don't sound like they affect it
>>
>>1548670
Read a fucking book, nigger
Also you're playing Underrail, you're the one that doesnt belong here
>>
>>1548864
>>Don't get seen on the way in
>>Don't get seen on the way out
There's a way to sneak around, stop being 1 PER
If you have some decent stealth you can get in just fine
>>
>>1549332
thats not the problem
>>
Now that I think about it, does anything even change if you genocide the muties?
I don't think even the ferryman gives much of a shit outside of being grumpy about it
>>
>>1549543
Nothing really
>>
>>1549543
can you find out about the stone if you dont hear it from the mutie shopkeeper?
>>
>>1549598
yeah, yngwar
>>
File: lunatics.png (3.4 MB, 2560x1440)
3.4 MB
3.4 MB PNG
fuck lunatics although this did give me some warcrime vibes.
>>
>>1549729
Did you lured them with noise?
Also, you can make the crawlers in that zone fight the lunatics
>>
>>1549740
>you can make the crawlers in that zone fight the lunatics
Thats what I did. I fucking love c4
>>
>>1549543
I wonder if they bothered changing the ending when you get mutated. It'd be pretty hilarious if you took the boat to the island and everyone was fucking dead.
>>
so, I guess this isn't only an underrail problem, all RPGs have it, but it kinda feels like most of the early cities are superfluous once you get to each "higher level" one right? like you do your quests and that's it, nothing else to do there and besides SGS, you don't get sent back to those places, makes the game kinda linear desu
>>
>electric proc can crit
oh, so that's why shock bolts are OP
>>
>>1550115
That's why every crossbow build needs both shock bolts and crit chance/damage boosts. If you don't have all three dealing with robots is impossible.
>>
>>1527710
How does Underrail compare to the first 2 Fallout games? It seems a lot more combat focused and a lot less story based.
>>
>>1550500
Too different to fairly compare.
>>
>>1550105
mostly, yeah
you have reasons to come back in a few cases, and any time you're doing a merchant run
>>
Does the Ferryman's name Daniel Clarke have some significance ? I don't recall seeing it anywhere but it's pretty generic so I likely forgot.

Also he mentions someone named Hank Wardell, or wandall, or something similar. I feel like I heard the name before but can't recall as well. Is he the previous owner of the core city house ?
>>
>>1549598
Either ask Ingwar or the ferryman himself after you get Phil's arm.
The randomized grave mark is also stamped on the hammer you find in Magnar's village.
>>1550105
Well, you do have reasons to go back in some places since shopkeepers work in such a retarded way you'll get money much faster by doing merchant tours and sell everything you have to different shops.
Otherwise no, there's really no reason to go back to places once you're done with them unless you've missed oddities, or just want to genocide everyone Gothic style.
>>
>>1550901
>Is he the previous owner of the core city house ?
Yes
>>
>>1550901
I feel like there'll be a tie in with the Ferryman and Wardell in Infusion. Both characters seem like there's more to them than we get in this game, especially since they have a connection.
>>
>>1550901
>Does the Ferryman's name Daniel Clarke have some significance ?
No, because his name is randomized every different run
>>
>>1550171
Or just take versatility with one of your ~level 20 garbage perk slots and see how an electropistol with the +crit damage part uses most of your crossbow feats.
>>
is fend any good or is this a bait feat
>>
>>1551540
depends
for shield+spear? not really
for metal armor + spear? it's decent
for leather armor + dex based spear?, it's great
>>
>>1551621
im doing metal armor + spear it's between either fend or bwt bringing my armor down to 65%
>>
>>1551670
fend's niche is if you need the spear block and you cant afford to put yourself into a bad position to melee dudes, if you're that far were you need to pick between a veteran feat and fend you might as well take the veteran feat since you didnt need it at all.
>>
>>1551682
Fend makes non-humonoid melee enemies irrelevant.
It absolutely clowns on Blacked Sea critters.
Crawlers gets cucked too.
With some spec points you can have 100% uptime too I believe.

Cunts with hammers will ruin your day though but that goes without saying and you really shouldn't be taking those on the jaw in any circumstance.
>>
>>1527710
anyone got a link to some
good builds?
>>
File: J2et2vJ.png (191 KB, 318x307)
191 KB
191 KB PNG
Found it yet ? got any funny builds to use it fully ?
>>
>>1552849
https://www.stygiansoftware.com/wiki/index.php?title=Master_Demolitionist_Belt

derp

will be running a fattass puncher for it, with metal armor no metal splinter can get through

https://underrail.info/build/?Hg4IBgcDAwUAWgDCoCgAAFAAAABaWlBBWgDCoADCoEYAaSsxOSZOaUMSBjxLVAjCh8KIUFXCtuKnvgnirKoG378
>>
>>1550901
the boat lady in the SGS docks also mentions Hank, shenanigans, he is either a godman or Russian
>>
>>1548524
Make them waste the PSP duration via tasers, flashbangs, or running laps arround them
>>
File: Sin título.png (238 KB, 485x610)
238 KB
238 KB PNG
>>1535022
GET BILOCATED SON
>>
>>1550500
there's plenty of story, but it's not as focused or maybe interesting as fallout. haven't played too much fallout 1 or 2 but I know that the combat is quite simplistic compared to underrail.
>>
I'm looking for a pure Thought Control build, for fun and flavour. Any ideas?
>>
>>1550500
Underrail's story is mostly just a huge lore dump with a lot of open threads.
>>
>>1552954
Combat in both has about an equal level of depth with a slight edge given to Fallout because aimed shots are way better than dumb """abilities"""
>>
>>1552876
I've considered some builds with it. Evasion + good energy shield can shit on most explosives as evasion applies before the shield. However you also can just reach 100% explosive resistance with crafted blast kelvar based armor.
>>
>>1553177
Plan ahead on how you gonna face robots.
If you're pure TC psion, then you gonna have a bad time in Dom
>>
>>1527710
Should I play this? I can imagine playing this curled up in a blanket and drinking.
>>
>>1553480
The game is autistic, and demands you play the system it presents instead of making your points a trivial matter that doesn't affect overall difficulty much. The game is good if you want to play the game that is there, but it isn't really like Fallout beyond the surface level.
>>
>>1553480
It's fun at normal difficulty. Higher than that and it becomes a tedious number cruncher.
>>
>>1553480
Disregard the other retarded posts.
Underrail is, although, very far from comfy, since it's very combat focused, and pretty centered on character creation and builds. In Normal difficulty, aka the 'training wheels mode' you will be fine regardless making your first dumb builds, but in hard and dominating it is when the game stops holding your hand.
It's closer to be an autism simulator than a comfy game.
Which is not necessarily a bad thing
>>
File: normal.jpg (691 KB, 1920x1080)
691 KB
691 KB JPG
>>1553541
>Disregard the other retarded posts.
>In Normal difficulty, aka the 'training wheels mode
Oh the irony.
>>
>>1553494
Thanks.
>>1553527
Thanks
Is the story good?
>>
>>1553544
Styg is just being 'nice' to newcomers, Dominating is the difficulty people should be playing, it becomes evident when you see the amount of content and battles Dominating has over Hard and Normal.

>>1553547
The story in itself, meaning the events that occur in game are an 'heh' 5/10
The background lore is fucking kino tho, problem it is relatively obscure and hidden mid/late game and only a certain build style can truly get all the lore, which is what normally refered as 'cave wizard', or 'pure psion'
>>
>>1553547
It is a setting based game, not a story based game. It's good if you like worlds instead of narratives.
>>
>>1553541
>>1553553
This is a discord tranny, All of this is wrong.
>>
>>1553578
>>1553553
Thanks. I'll try it out after this week
>>
File: 1588307819647.webm (606 KB, 1920x1066)
606 KB
606 KB WEBM
>>1553596
To add to the anons, i think the gameplay and the difficulty adds to the story here. There's less of it but you have to put in some effort which makes the story more interesting and memorable. Some quests that want you to use your brain instead of following a quest marker is a rare blessing nowadays.
>>
>>1553586
Cope.
>>
>>1553553
>Dominating is the difficulty people should be playing
Ah yes, the difficulty that is explicitly stated to be untested (and it shows, Styg) and only really has a shitty special boss fight with three generic mooks (who still die to traps like everything else) over Hard is the difficulty people should be playing...
>>
>>1553586
Man, all this time Ive spent believing people on pol when they call somebody a discord tranny, and here I have proof its all bullshit. Need to rethink a lot of stuff.
>>
>>1553835
>believing people on pol
They "popularized" the tranny part, but Discord shills/shitposters/fangays are a thing. Guess is the evolution of IRC shitposting channels. The absolute state of UR threads is a good example of poor shilling tho, they made people hate the game and it unwelcome on /indie/.
>>
>>1553855
>he's still doing it
I guess 4chan in general is 99% bullshit these days.
>>
>>1553855
>The absolute state of UR threads is a good example of poor shilling tho, they made people hate the game and it unwelcome on /indie/.
The threads on /v/ that 'exposed' them were hilarious.
https://arch.b4k.co/v/thread/515759283/#515785823

I filtered the brony years ago and the threads are much better because of it.
>>
>>1553547
>Is the story good
It certainly interesting. But it's also incredibly sprawling and too expansive for its own good. It has so many loose ends that feels like the devs didn't really know what to do with all the stuff they've set up. Fallout by comparison is much more compact (and imo more engaging).
Also the writing in underrail has technical issues like typos and referencing female characters as male and that kind of stuff, which I found pretty annoying.
>>
Does Six say anything interesting about the ACoNR ? For that matter, does someone know more about it than Azif or Tanner ?
>>
Is there a point in leveling up chemisty when I can just make mk3 plasma grenades that are better than the others and just require electronics???
>>
>>1553954
frags have a higher damage cap
maybe you're a character that wants high chemistry anyway and the big electronics investment isnt worth it for you
maybe you're playing a high int character who can make mk5s long before he can get the plasma nade blueprint
maybe you prefer the fire'n'smoke of regular nades over the clearly superior plasma awesomeness
>>
>>1553954
Unless you work around Chemical Pistols or other chemical shit, no, Plasma nades mog everything else.
>>
I really hate how story goes from decent, if softish sci fi (especially if you ignore psi) to a full blow pulp fantasy by the end of a main campaign. Parallel dimensions, faggots start opening magic portals left and right, dark evil lovecraftian fucks shit out speeches about the opulent flesh of the high ones, there is even basically a prophecy going around. Looking back, there almost no actual story in the game, you are on the mcguffin chase that is supposed to drag you through different places in the world (literally fallout 1), but world building and lore are decent. And the final chapter just ruins everything.

Game would be so much better without this shit. Actually even expedition is set up much better, keeping cosmic horror to the deepest layer of the story.
>>
>>1553985
there is a story, you just have to put it together yourself
>>
>>1553985
expedition was set up much much nicer.

my only gripe was that we couldn't fight the serpent somehow
>>
>>1553985
The problem with this game, like most indie games that keep being updated for a decade, is that you inevitably end up overcooking it.
>>
>>1554020
>Fight something that does not exist
>>
>>1554020
expedition is full of purple prose type shit that is mostly dumped on you
the base game, especially in DC, does it way better
>>
>>1554020
There is no "actual" serpent. Have you read the terminal next to acorn?
>>
>>1553761
Yes.
>>
>>1553905
>I filtered the brony years ago and the threads are much better because of it.
Still here, you nigger.
>>
>>1553985
>>1554020
Expedition went too much fantasy. It was better before.
>>
>get a (You)
>it's filtered
My filters have caught 48 posts in this thread already. Christ.
Remember kids: you too can be free of shitposters/Discordfags and the idiots that engage with them by using filters.
>>
>>1553547
I find that the game works best if you more or less completely ignore the larger storyline and just treat it as a dungeon crawler. The combat and character-building mechanisms are top notch, too bad about everything else.
>>
>inane 4chan gamer drama
War never changes
>>
>>1554116
Singleplayer dungeon crawlers are boring as hell, and this isn't anywhere near deep enough to really get into.
>>
>>1554118
>Hates Discordfags
>Join Discord and brings screenshots of Discord unrelated to the thread
>>
>>1554126
i joined the discord to gather enough evidence of rampant rascism to get styg banned from the platform for good
>>
>>1554142
And yet he's still here.
Seems your attempts were futile, you little cuck.
>>
>>1554126
>"you can call out and bring evidence of the literal shilling"
Or you fags could stay in your containment VoIP for zoomers.
>>
>>1554142
lmao like they give a fuck about some random dude in serbia
>>
>>1554158
these things take time. i'm working on it. going to be hilarious when it finally happens.
>>
>>1554166
>i'm working on it
No you're not.

Jesus christ what drives a man so mad to do this out of spite.
Psi nerf probably?
>>
>>1554104
how do you do it?
>>
>>1554142
oh a jew
does it bother you that much that the goyim made a good game that isnt kosher?
>>
File: gif5.gif (1.61 MB, 165x273)
1.61 MB
1.61 MB GIF
The next game is going to have 3d character models. Thoughts?
Im kinda bummed about it, Underrail certainly could do with some better graphics but I like the style. I'm worried it'll look too much like Wasteland 2. The dev logs that have showed art for the landscape itself looks good.
>>
>>1554269
I dont hold any expectations
Mostly because it will be the heat death of the universe and the game MAYBE will just get out of the Alpha test build
>>
>>1554269
The current sprites are just snaps of prerendered models anyway, and they don't even look good.
3D models open up more options for fashion and are smoother to work with.
I'm sure my grandchildren will love it.
>>
I've cheesed my way through about 70-80% of the natives but how in the hell are you supposed to deal with the zones that have 20+ cunts just waiting to pummel/acid blob/crossbow crit/mind fuck you the second you load in?
>>
>>1554314
By manning the fuck up and kill them regardless.
>>
>>1554314
6 million beartraps.
>>
>>1554314
go first
>>
>>1554327
When you face Fatso boss you will have a surprise
>>
>>1554314
prebuff the shit out of yourself before you step into the next zone.
>>
>>1554314
Just shoot them down with AR bursts.
>>
>>1554269
I love sprites
but im also excited for our models to match what we're actually wearing/holding
I dunno, its happening either way so we'll see
>>
>>1554335
No, you don't. You kill everybody and then solo him, isolated, alone and apart.
>>
>>1554352
I was about to smugly banter you but
>then solo him, isolated, alone and apart.
Somehow got me
It's a 1vs1 boss battle, at some point Fatso will get 20 STR, fuckloads of damage reduction, major AP increase, dodge, evasion and will be inmune to inmobilization
>>
>>1554367
>at some point
I never let him reach that point.

And yes, I replayed that recently.
>>
>>1554367
People still oneshot him in one go like everything else.
No matter how much Styg tries to raise the stakes, it won't undo the swiss cheese tier battle "meta", it only further enforces it.
>>
>>1554398
Yeah, is almost if (not really) balancing a difficulty around cheesing was an awful idea.
>>
>350 damage acid blob shot by a dazed bear trapped Skærder that I can't target around a corner
haha

The amount of rng I need to get past 3 turns of combat so I can throw more shit at these wankers is absurd even with every utility in the game on my side.
>>
>>1554507
What's your build?
Are you on dominating?
>>
Only mongoloids gatekeep single player games
>>
>>1554661
And serbs
>>
>>1554661
No, gatekeeping filters the retards from videogames. It is a good thing.
>>
>>1554871
I hope you get filtered from living when you're gatekept from health care.
>>
>>1554918
What's wrong, boyo?
Bad at videogames?
>>
Disembarked from my jet ski and now I can't reach it because it's in the middle of the waters.
What do?
>>
>>1554942
>Disembarked from my jet ski and now I can't reach it because it's in the middle of the waters.
Pic or it didnt happen.
As far as I know, you can always get up on your jet ski if you disembark, even from maximum distance.
>>
File: bravo styg.png (522 KB, 1023x737)
522 KB
522 KB PNG
>>1554955
hello yes
>>
>>1554966
Just reload the Expedition autosave.
Styg is terribly uppity for such a crappy developer.
>>
>>1554966
lmao, never disembark on the ferryman's boat anon.
Styg didn't think that one through.
>>
>>1554966
wait for the ferryman kek
>>
>>1554966
H O W
>>
Is it possible for Jetski trunk storage to disappear? Been gone from the Expedition Camp for a long time, drove back myself finally and the stuff in my old jetski is gone. Nothing major, just my Aegis uniform and some drops. Checked my storage and nothing.
>>
>>1554966
hahahahaha
>>
>>1554871
>game is supposed to be bad!
Every time.
>>
>>1555404
Shit opinion.
>>
>>1554661
The only people mad over gatekeeping are the retards who the gates keep out.
retard
>>
>>1555529
Sperg faggot lifelong loser
>>
File: this faggot.jpg (101 KB, 785x731)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>1555700
>>
File: 1606958682087.jpg (26 KB, 500x500)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>1555700
He says he's sperging himself.
>>
>>1555529
I've been playing this game since years and I still think Styg's a retard and this "community"'s attitude to whiteknight him over the most indefensible shit is completely fucking retarded, but whatever.
>>
File: 20210413204132_1.jpg (211 KB, 1024x768)
211 KB
211 KB JPG
Nice.
>>
>>1555756
It's the typical causefag "ill suck the dick of anyone who remotely agrees with me but then cry when someone else does the exact same thing". A self-recursive loop that ruins websites.
>>
>>1555764
whoa, holy shit
>>
>>1555431
>>1555529
Get filtered by a car and die outside the hospital retard.
>>
>>1554314
break LOS, step out, kill, break LOS
>>
>>1553948
He says something but I don't remember what it was. Pretty sure Azif is as informative as it gets.
>>
>>1554314
>>
>>1553948
If I recall Six says it's just a mere tool of construction, he largely dismisses it's importance
>>
File: nethack-falcon-eye-06.jpg (83 KB, 900x675)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
The graphics remind me of the Nethack remake from the 90s
>>
>>1555756
Psi was nerfed get over it
>>
>>1555529
He basically plays into the whole elitist mindset of gamers, i.e. difficult contrived games=very high iq.
Just ignore that noise and play whatever you like.
>>
>>
>You have to scan every single mutagen individually to find out what sequence of atoms they have, then write it down in a notepad

Nope, couldn't have written it on a fucking label, or in the item description. Too casual I suppose.

This is exactly what is wrong with this game : too much tedium for no fucking reason. The mutagen puzzle isn't hard to figure out, instead it's tedious because it takes 15 minutes just to get all the information in one place.
>>
>>1558235
if you cry hard enough, god might hear you
>>
>>1558235
You know you can copy text in dialogue yeah? Just alt tab it into notepad
>>
>>1558235
Worst part is that you don't really need it.
>>
>>1527710
>What's the easiest playstyle?
10 will
max metathermics
invest in throwing w/ grenadier
good headband
that's literally it.
>>
>>1558302
You know that still needs me to scan every single mutagen can individually, and copypaste it into notepad ? There are like 20 of these stupid cans.
Also, I knew that beforehand, but nowhere does the game actually tell you.
>>
File: 1371319693768.gif (781 KB, 320x287)
781 KB
781 KB GIF
>>1558235
Just you fucking wait until you find the extremely out of place music puzzle in Expedition.
I hope you know how to fucking code because it'll be a full weekend's project to write something that can solve that bullshit.
>>
>>1558541
>google "underrail music puzzle"
Whoa, that sure was hard.
>>
>>1558669
I mean yeah but imagine you were one of the first people to play the expansion and you were hit with that shit like fuck me
>>
So do we know why Tanner wanted the cube ?
Do we know how he got it stolen from the Faceless in the first place ?
Do we know or have some idea of what it does beyond "it's a power source" ?
>>
>>1558758
its just an oddity and some neat loot, nothing huge
I sure as shit couldnt do it; spent like four hours on it during the beta and just cant understand the directions
>>
>>1558766
>So do we know why Tanner wanted the cube ?
implied to want it as a weapon
>Do we know how he got it stolen from the Faceless in the first place ?
yes
>Do we know or have some idea of what it does beyond "it's a power source" ?
not really; I believe dude gives us a clue hinting that its the power source to their city that keeps it cool despite being so far down close to lava
>>
>>1558766
>>1558851
The only use of the cube is looking at it and know how cool is to have it. Tanner wants it because he's lame as fuck. FFS, he's the leader of SGS, lamest place in south Underrail. Owning the cube is the only way for him to feel cool.
>>
>>1558235
Pen and Paper puzzle, nigger
Get to writting

Or you can just git gud and do it without the puzzle
>>
>>1558940
see >>1555404
>>
>>1558947
Scrub take. Want nice things? Work for it.
>>
>>1558960
to quote that other anon

>if you cry hard enough, god might hear you
>>
>>1558972
Or instead like crying and complaining like a little bitch, you can either do the puzzle, or fight Tchort without the puzzle.

He's not that hard.
>>
>>1558960
>Want nice things?
What nice things? Game is so bad that you can one-shot Tchort with half build and kill him in one turn with the others.
>>
>>1558851
>Do we know how he got it stolen from the Faceless in the first place ?
>yes

Well, how ?

Also is there an image/video somewhere with all the monolith visions ? I play a WILlet character and couldn't get them. I think they'd be interesting now that I have more context though.
>>
>>1558986
>you can one-shot Tchort with half build and kill him in one turn with the others.
And?
>>
>>1559016
And the puzzle isn't a good thing, just a complete waste of time.

You guys really love tedium and backwards stuff for the sake of tedium and being backwards, right? No wonder why you retards keep shilling Underrail.

Don't you have a camp to defend against another wave of non-threatening natives? Maybe fight 6 million locust that do 0 damage each?
>>
File: tom-araya-456-120710.jpg (80 KB, 600x400)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>1558175
>>
>>1559025
Yeah and why you're here still?
If you hate it so much, then why post here?
Fuck off nigger.
>>
>>1559050
I like the good parts of the game.

Why do you fags keep shilling all of it and defending the bad parts? Do Styg pay you on vodka or something?
>>
>>1558541
solved it with a pen and paper in a sitdown, git good n00b lol
>>
>>1559054
>>Why do you fags keep shilling
>'Why do you keep talking about a rpg videogame in a rpg videogame board?'
>>
>>1559058
Stop being disingenuous, you fags keep defending the bad parts and terrible design. Case in point: Explain why the mutagen puzzle is a "good thing".

I'm waiting.
>>
>>1559065
>Explain why the mutagen puzzle is a "good thing"
it filters faggots and zoomers; see waifu posting in these threads for instance ?? there you go.
>>
>>1559074
>it filters faggots and zoomers
Nice try but you're here.

I'll give you another chance. Try to make a real argument this time.
>>
>>1559065
>Explain why the mutagen puzzle is a "good thing".
Why it is a 'bad thing'?
You want to weaken tchort? Work for it.
I know you never worked for something in your entire life, how quaint for the first time to be in a videogame
>>
>>1559092
But Tchort is already weak as fuck. But that's another problem.

3rd try. Explain why the mutagen puzzle is a good thing. You can, right?
>>
>>1559074
>see waifu posting in these threads for instance
This doesn't happen merely because Styg is a homo and has put a single "attractive" female character in his game, it has nothing to do with garbage puzzles that everyone skips due to how garbage they are.
>>
>>1559074
>it filters faggots and zoomers
So Styg put a puzzle at the very end of the game to filter faggots and zoomers? Are you OK?
>>
>>1559100
>Explain why the mutagen puzzle is a good thing
Only if you explain why it is a bad thing.
>>
>>1559145
I never said it was a bad thing. You said is a nice thing. Explain yourself.

4th chance.
>>
>>1559147
Blow it out of your ass.
>>
>>1559160
So you can't. Glad we agree the game isn't good.

Also, why do you UR shill always reply in that passive-aggressive way, insulting Anons all the time? Make you look like huge retards.
>>
>>1559065
Why? You're just going to bitch nonstop no matter what. I don't understand why shitters feel the need to go into threads about games they don't like.
>>
>>1559166
>if you don't like a pointless and backwards puzzle you don't like the game
Are you legally retarded?
>>
lol at these triggered niggers
>>
>>1559168
doesnt matter, fuck off already
>>
>>1559186
You mean this guy >>1559192
>>
IS tincan burst shotguns build any good?
>>
>>1559302
Yes.
>>
>>1559166
I do like Underrail as an overall package, that doesn't mean I have to defend Styg's several retarded decisions like a beaten wife.
>>
>>1559381
but you have to otherwise you're a filthy casual.
if you don't have over 1k hours in the game (nevermind that 80% would be spent idling to reset shops) then you don't deserve to have an opinion on this game and we'll all laugh at you
>>
>>1542225
If you're maxing dex anyway why not take a couple knifer feats. EMP grenade, expose weakness, dead
>>
>>1559065
I've never done the mutagen or the music puzzle once because I didn't care and never will
>>
>>1559046
fucking tom araya, man... Im gonna make a char named Tom in his honor, what build would he have? build it around Yell for sure.
>>
>>1559393
At least the music puzzle gives you the sonic gun which is good for... dunno, breaking rocks? Mutagen is kinda pointless.
>>
>>1527710
The most straightforward playthrough i had on dominating was shotguns.

Very straightforward as soon as you can get your first shotgun.
>>
>>1529891
A really unoptimized build I did was with Riot Armor + shield with spear. The reason for this was shield bash, 2 spear hits costs 40 AP, and you can get shield bash down to 10 AP so you can always mix it in for more damage and daze every single turn. Wouldn't dream of doing a spear build without shields anymore
>>
>>1559689
>Not reducing Shield bash to 1 turn cooldown and 0 AP for mass bash memes
>>
>>1533403
AMEN
>>
>>1559700
I did reduce it to 1 turn cooldown so I could use it every turn, but AP thresholds meant that I often didn't have any other way to spend AP so I only bothered getting it to 10.
>>
do i have to kill all the natives to get the attacks to stop? i've killed magnar but dont feel like fighting the wizards
>>
>>1559773
> but AP thresholds meant that I often didn't have any other way to spend AP so I only bothered getting it to 10.
What?
You know 0 AP shield bashes are incredibly strong, right?
>>
>>1559689
>>1559773
>>1559873
So is shield/spear actually good on dominating?
I thought it was just a meme.
>>
>>1559065
Mutagen is fun. I find it very enjoyable and look forward to doing it every game just for the fun of it. Though it could be designed better. Having to scan every mutagen one by one is bullshit.
>>
>>1559873
I wasn't spending the last 10 AP on anything, it was free AP I had no reason not to spend on shield bashes every round since nothing else I could do costed 10 AP outside of movement (I was wearing Riot Armor with tabis, I had more movement than I needed).

Build was mostly focused around spears + spear chucking + grenade crits. Worked quite well. Also didn't have crafting skills but I made it work.
>>
>>1559948
idk about dominating because that's the gay baby difficulty for gay retards I did my spear build on Normal. Wish Styg would include a customizable difficulty selection so I could have Hard/Dominating difficulty fights without the fucked up economy of those difficulties.
>>
>>1559984
Normal's economy is the most fucked one. You can go to the merchants and buy crafting parts, then assemble them and sell them back for way more than you paid. You basically get given money for showing up. It's dumb.
>>
File: 1597417350186.png (264 KB, 640x751)
264 KB
264 KB PNG
>>1554352
Based
>>
>>1560041
yeah based, I don't want to grind for money
>>
>>1559984
>idk about dominating because that's the gay baby difficulty for gay retards
Imagine being thiss butthurt

>>1559948
>Le meme xd
Dumbass. But yes, Hoplite is a legit build, tho compared to tin can spearman or nimble leatherfag it's kind of underwhelming, only for the fact you will be relatively vulnerable to gunfags and crossbowfags.
>>
>>1560041
Anything that partially circumvents how poorly merchants are handled is good.
>>
File: Capture d’écran (8).png (635 KB, 1280x720)
635 KB
635 KB PNG
>>1527710
only three lines of icons
>>
>>1560388
Now THIS, is prebuffing
>>
>>1560388
Hey you frenchie fuck, post your stats already.
I asked in the last thread and you ignored me.
Or maybe you used CE?
>>
>>1560458
I'm fairly certain he used CE to do that, or at least character export
>>
>>1559838
Yeah, the fucks also won't show up to ambush you after you explore ruins, it's worth it.
>>
>>1560458
>>1560462
It's not cheats. Pretty easy to do if you know the game well enough.
>>
>>1560462
>>1560458
>>1560474
Frenchbro here, there is an exploit that i cannot disclose or that slavshit will get rid of it
>>
File: Capture d’écran (50).png (584 KB, 1920x1080)
584 KB
584 KB PNG
>>1560458
honhonhon
>>
File: Capture d’écran (51).png (767 KB, 1280x720)
767 KB
767 KB PNG
>>1560480
honhonhonhon
>>
>>1560480
>>1560485
Did you just give yourself 160 in every skill?
What's the point.
>>
>>1559164
The game has a lot of potential. The engine is complex and innovative, the theme is dope, and the scale is truly impressive. The problem is that the dev decided to overshoot his talent and dump in a ton of stuff without anything resembling quality control. So you get challenging, well-planned tactical encounters and complex character building, alongside incredibly pointless and tedious sections.
Also the lack of balance between the different builds is staggering. Every game has its meta super builds, but with Underrail it's like 90% builds are totally unviable and can't get past the exposition, while with the other 10% it's curb stomp battle all the way to the final chapter. That's my biggest issue with Underrail.
>>
>>1560549
Yeah UR have a lot of bad options (mostly feats) that you'll only take for roleplay. And yes, balance is all over the place, if only Styg wasn't retarded and made the game moddable it could be a "The" 10/10 indie RPG. But no, he must be a dumb slav and add more tedious chores with every patch/expansion instead.
>>
>>1560480
>>1560485
mdr
>>
File: 1618348767260.png (132 KB, 500x515)
132 KB
132 KB PNG
>>1560549
>So you get challenging, well-planned tactical encounters
kek no.
The only actually well designed section in the entire base game was Depot A, and even there there's a lot of garbage, mindless fights that are there to only waste time at the end of the day, which is why people recommend you to just stealth through everything instead of engaging.
The rest is frankly middling, some of the oligarchs' missions in Core City like defending the warehouses are nice but nothing really special, and the DC is such cancer pretty much all of us here outside of Ghost just restart the game instead of going through DC again, and Ghost is an autist so he doesn't really count either.
Expedition added the Gray Army base, which is nice on DOMINATING, but most of the Black Sea is just mindless waves of mobs on either open fields or corridors that are absolutely grating because there's no tactics involved.
Sections like the spider nests, every single screen of the fetid marsh and 90% of the sormibaeren villages are tedious as fuck unless you're running AR tincan where you just mindlessly burst down everything and call it a day, it almost looks like Styg designed it around RTWP instead of turn based, it has the same problems that plague DC but unlike DC you don't have to worry about infinitely respawning mobs, the pirates' missions on jetskis are quite nice and the map layout is a lot more visually appealing.

What you say about the lack of balance between builds isn't a problem of the character building mechanics, it is a problem of the game lacking actually challenging and tactical encounters, because Styg just copypastes hordes of basic mobs over and over and over to the point that a lot of the possible builds are invalidated because they're fundamentally not about turning you into different flavours of cave Rambo, which is how Styg designs his encounters.
>>
>>1560462
do get 30 statuses? no, ive done that, but with some different ones
>>
>>1560549
>90% builds are totally unviable
if by that you mean monkeys picking ability/skill/feats at random, then *maybe*
but literally every build type is viable now
>>
File: faggot shills.png (1 KB, 320x40)
1 KB
1 KB PNG
its like a room full of parrots
>>
File: 1kfet2.jpg (226 KB, 1893x1893)
226 KB
226 KB JPG
>>1560946
>>
>>1561016
go play super smash brothers
>>
>>1561049
>trying to fit this hard
Sad.
>>
>>1560549
>but with Underrail it's like 90% builds are totally unviable and can't get past the exposition
You can make the most retarded build and still get by in Hard, and MAYBE in Dominating.
>>
>>1561116
you can get by with enough traps grenades and caltrops to kill anything in this game even if your build has like 60 in each stat.
>>
>>1561146
You can get by without spamming bear traps and caltrops for every fight, you know.
>>
>>1561140
You mean the board full of passive-aggressive retards who tell people retarded non-sequiturs like "go play super smash brothers"? And speaking of Smash, that's the poorly designed and balanced game with an autistic and retarded fanbase that refuse to acknowledge it flaws and truly believe the game is "le hardcore".

Get some self-awareness, my Discord shill friend.
>>
>>1561196
>Anybody who disagrees with me is a Discordfag
>>
>>1561196
Yes, the board where you belong.
>>
>>1561206
Anyone who refuses to acknowledge UR flaws is. They always ignore legit criticism about the bad parts or bad design, like the extremely tedious and choring pointless fights and spam tourist shit, like "seethe" or "go back". Someone even linked the proof in the archive earlier in the thread.
>>
>>1561248
Underrail is not flawless, but it reaches the point nobody wants to hear the same complaining about one or two things over, over, over, over again.
Like I'm sure some people here have an actual personal vendetta against Styg, it became obvious in the psi nerf patch.
But I suppose it is good to counterweight the 'Discord shills'.
>>
>>1561254
>nobody wants to hear the same complaining about one or two things over, over, over, over again
Same way nobody wants to hear the same shilling about UR, and yet here we are, getting fake questions every time the thread hit page 10.

If you guys want to keep a UR Shill General 24/7 on /vrpg/, as you tried on /v/ before, deal with the criticism. If you don't wan people being mean with your tedious and flawed game, stay in your Discord safespace and keep your circlejerk there, I'm sure that's DOMINATING HARDCORE too.
>>
>>1561254
>it reaches the point nobody wants to hear the same complaining about one or two things over, over, over, over again.
>play as a hammer wizard
>>
File: 1591916215219.jpg (38 KB, 469x465)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>1561262
>Stop talking about videogames I dislike
No, go fuck yourself you cunt.
>>
>>1561266
>Get told to play an 'x' build in an Underrail game
>Be literally Hitler
>>
>>1561267
But you don't talk about the game. You just keep here a thread while posting you Discord memes and replying in a passive-aggressive way to criticism. Just look this thread, no real answer to serious criticism, only insults and parroted tourist replies.
>>
>>1561273
But we talk about the game, share knowledge, tips, screenshots, but there's -always- an autist complaining non stop and derailing the entire thread into a fucking trainwreck.
>>
>>1561248
There's plenty of stuff we don't like. You're just a fucking child with no patience. Literally go play other games.
>>
>>1561278
>But we talk about the game
Lol no. Quote some discussion ITT, other than "is X build good" and a "yes" answer later when the thread is on page 8 again. You can't, there is no real discussion here, at best some legit questions that can be solved just checking the wiki.

Now look at the rest.

>game is tedious
>"hurr durr go back"
>game is poorly designed
>"hurr durr go back"
>this puzzle is shit
>"hurr durr go back"
>beartraps and grenades trivialize the game
>"hurr durr go back"
Etc. And not only this thread, but all the UR threads you fags made with the same 2 or 3 images during the last year or so.

Case in point >>1561291
>>
>>1561262
there it is
"I DONT LIEK GAEM, NO TALK!!!!!1111"
>>
>>1561296
shut up, faggot
>>
>>1561291
>18:53:25
>>1561297
>18:54:27
You guy don't even try anymore, right?

Again, try talking about the game yourself, retard. You fags can't even make a real reply to save your life.
>>
>>1561296
>>game is tedious
Then dont play the game, you're not the targeted demographic. Or play it on easy.
>>game is poorly designed
Probably, does it matters? Most of players dont really give a shit so long the game brings a good fight.
>>this puzzle is shit
Then dont do the fucking puzzles?
>>>beartraps and grenades trivialize the game
Yeah, but since when is this a bad thing?
A fail safe method to back up to when everything fails, is a bad thing?

You're pretty insufferable, my dude.
>>
>>1561308
shut up, faggot
>>
>>1561313
See, you don't want to discuss the game, you just antagonize legit criticism.
>>
>>1561320
shut up, faggot
>>
>Probably, does it matters? Most of players dont really give a shit so long the game brings a good fight.
So furious his English is deteriorating.
>>
>>1561320
At this point it's not legit criticism, it's just constant barrage of bitching. Shut up faggot.

Want a real criticism? I will bring a valid criticism.
First time in DC, Mushroom forest.
How the fuck you're supposed to know you need to get high in order to face the Pulsating Roots? Sure you can ask Leo about his experiencie in the forest, problem is that he's fucking derailed and firs time players wont take him seriously because of that.
So eventually first time players on DC will get feed up and either look a playthrought or drop the game all together.

This is probably my biggest grip with Styg to this day.
>>
>>1561338
>How the fuck you're supposed to know you need to get high in order to face the Pulsating Roots
Lol I figured that out on my own you cuckold. Deep Cavens is kino
>>
>>1561338
My first time I was curious if the spores would actually kill me via lowering my total health so I went back and forth in them until I passed out. So basically I lucked past that problem.
>>
File: 1583458927632.png (358 KB, 480x456)
358 KB
358 KB PNG
>>1561342
>Lol I figured that out on my own you cuckold
No you didn't. Or you simply got out of sheer luck.
>>
>>1561342
>Deep Cavens is kino
Based.

Faggots always bitching about the legit best endgame I've ever seen.
>>
>>1561349
she's trolling
>>
>>1561346
I did the logical thing and constantly avoided the spores.
I quite literally powered throught all DC, got all the items and still didnt figure out how to open the gate.
Goddamm I was seething really fucking hard that day.
>>
>500+ posts
>autist instantly disappears
>>
>>1561320
>legit criticism
oh, like this >>1535722 ?
>wahh mobility and positioning 2 good
have you ever played any other game that's centered on tactical combat? even something like dota? coz wew lad, you bad.
>>
>>1561262
imagine being this salty faggot right here kek
>>
>>1561380
It's a personal vendetta man, I tell ya
>>
>>1561383
Yeah, that's a good example. Guy post about how UR is only about mobility and positioning and then you reply with insults in a passive-aggressive way without acknowledging the problem. Chances you don't even understand it.

Thanks for proving my point.
>>
>>1561402
ahahah exposed. think about it a while and maybe one day you'll understand why mobility is king.
>>
>>1561399
obviously

>>1561402
shut up, faggot
>>
>>1561402
>Guy post about how UR is only about mobility and positioning
But tin can builds exists
>>
>>1561410
Finish high school and one day you'll understand basic texts.

>>1561431
And they are all about positioning and short bursts of mobility. On dominating obviously, in normal they can just facetank almost everything.
>>
>>1561454
>short bursts of mobility
Not with 3 AGI tin can builds.
>>
>>1561470
Which are even more dependent of positioning, again, one of the only 2 things that matter.
>>
>>1561487
Heh, you're not wrong, fair enough I guess.
>>
>>1561500
Mind that post isn't mine tho. You can boil down almost every game to "mobility and positioning". UR could use stuff like a cover system and the option to kneeling for extra cover and/or accuracy and go prone for bigger bonuses but risk to get reck by melee enemies. That would make the game even more about positioning tho.
>>
>>1561487
how is it positioning when you zone into a place and cannot move as a tin can. you just gun down everyone from where you are standing it has nothing to do with pos
>>
>>1561515
>UR could use stuff like a cover system and the option to kneeling for extra cover and/or accuracy and go prone for bigger bonuses but risk to get reck by melee enemies. That would make the game even more about positioning tho.
Something similar like X-com?
>>
>>1561533
wasteland 2
>>
>>1561533
Yes. At least the old UFO.
>>
>>1561116
Everything is possible. It's a computer software, you can easily find ways to cheese it.
But the difference in difficulty between a paint-by-numbers min-max build and literally any other playstyle is staggering.
>>
>>1561338
In the Gray Army Base you need to have magical knowledge that the second floor is reserved for officers and that the warehouse is somehow off-limits for officers. There is literally no way of sleuthing this knowledge yourself, this since the dialogue is in some pseudo-Slavic language and you can't do any kind of exploration prior to the encounter. It's "Just Fucking Google it: The Game".
>>
>>1561383
>have you ever played any other game that's centered on tactical combat? even something like dota? coz wew lad, you bad.
How about Jagged Alliance 2? Or even X-Com? You know, games where simple line of sight tricks don't make or break an encounter.
>>
>>1561820
Gray Army Base is relatively small and you can just stealth and/or murderhobo it. DC is in a completely different level of bullshit, probably the worst part in the game by far, the only good part there is the loredump, that's why most people just quit in DC when replaying it.
>>
>>1561820
I honestly figured it out by trial and error
>>
>>1561820
you sound like the type of person that complains theres no magic compass in games telling you where to go
>>
>>1562156
It's funny you say that, since the constant reloading this style enforces is much more of an immersion-breaking magic solution than having a map pointer or whatever (or you know, not having the entire text in some gimmicky language).
>>
>>1561254
>I'm sure some people here have an actual personal vendetta against Styg
What kind of retarded conspiracy theory is this?
>>
>>1562272
>(or you know, not having the entire text in some gimmicky language).
God forbid the devs create something unique, original, and well thought, amerite?
Would be too hard to think for once.
>>
>>1562289
Someone post the picture
You know which one
>>
>>1562294
>someone post this 100% legitimate picture that isn't someone just taking the piss or a falseflag
Yeah please do. I need a good laugh.
>>
>>1561278
Samefagging and bumping the thread from page 10 isn't "talking about the game."
>>
>>1562310
>Everyone who does not share my opinions is a samefag
>Stop talking about the game
>>
>>1562318
Discordfags pretend to be new players and ask stupid questions on page 10 so it looks like discussion is happening.
Just let the thread 404. You don't need a thread up 24/7 if you're not trying to shill.
>>
File: 1594055973640.png (70 KB, 859x431)
70 KB
70 KB PNG
>>1562294
This one?
>>
>>1562336
Based discorfags, but no, I mean the seething psicuck in the forums.
Go ahead, I know you have it.
>>
>>1562327
>Nooooooooo dont talk about the game you cannot talk about videogames I dislike in a videogame board
>>
>>1562358
>Please note that, like /v/, "Generals"—long-term, one-after-the-other, recurring threads about a specific game are not permitted on /vrpg/. Such threads belong on >>>/vg/.
>>
>>1562291
>Would be too hard to think for once.
By trying to figure out a composite language that the devs made up? It's not thinking, it's just guessing. It reinforces brute force trial and error gameplay, since you don't have any way of discerning how the game would react to your choices. Poor game design 101.

Granted the language a cool concept, but it's ruined by cramming it into the game it without regards to gameplay or context. It becomes a gimp instead of an experience. This is the main issue with the game, it has some creative and complex design choices but then it completely misapplies or overuses them.
>>
>>1562344
Sorry but I only have pics related to Underrail or 4chan, not some random schizo from UR forum.

I can dig for the hammertranny confession of being a proud brony tho, that one should be in my unsorted folder.
>>
>>1562344
its in this thread already like 100 posts up lel
>>
>>1562376
jesus christ
>>
>>1562365
Will remain here and discuss Underrail until the janny says otherwise.
Deal with it, nigger.
>>
>>1562380
You keep shitposting and I'll keep derailing these threads and warning potential buyers away from this game.
>>
Oh god not this fucking garbage gamer drama again
>>
>>1537048
>>1537048
>>1537048
>>1537048
>>
>>1562388
>I'll keep derailing these threads and warning potential buyers away from this game
There he is, showing his true colours.

Like I said, personal vendetta.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.