[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 51+-t1c5-YL._SX466_.jpg (43 KB, 466x395)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
Is this game worth snagging on the switch for 13 bucks?
>>
Yes.
>>
Nintendo shop deal?
>>
Yes, good if you have a gf so they can play alongside you in battles.
>>
>>1361744
Pretty fun and lengthy, yeah. It's a good deal.
>>
For that price sure. It's a good game, just kind of a mixed bag. Great characters, wasted potential story, mediocre music, combat is fun but has a weird and restrictive skill system.
>>
>>1361744

It kinda drags towards the end and kinda overstays it's welcome. But for that price it's pretty good.
>>
The combat is stiff and don't nothing really happens in the story but yea.
>>
>>1361744
Not on the Switch, but yes.
>>
>>1361744
no, I thought it was pretty meh at best
>>
>>1361744
I couldn't get into it because the combat is effing gross and clunky. What were they thinking?
>>
>>1361744
Tales games are trash
>>
Hate me all you want but I thought even Zestria was better.
>>
>>1363041
I'm not defending it, but you have to manual-cancel to make it less clunky. No other games have this so I don't know why this one does.
>>
>>1361744
Yes. You can gamble on poker and play snowboarding with the dog. Besides that, the story is good/excellent and has the best MC that a jrpg can have.
>>
>>1364450
He would have been the best MC if he just killed Estelle.
>>
>>1364695
Why?
>>
>>1364708
Because then they wouldn't have had to asspull a solution to the story's problem and drag the game on for so long.
>>
>>1364713
Why are you acting as if that's Yuri's problem and not the game's? He wanted to do whatever it took to save Estelle and not have to kill her. Killing her would've been an absolute last resort, no other options. Blame the game for giving him other options if you want Estelle to die that badly.
>>
>>1364717
Because she wanted to die and he could have granted that wish.
>>
>>1364719
You can just say you hate Estelle without coming up with contrived reasons that would be entirely out-of-character.
>>
>>1364723
I don't hate Estelle, I hate Tales' penchant for being games that almost always overstay their welcome story-wise.
>>
>>1364724
What the hell does Estelle dying have to do with act 3 happening? It's Alexei's fault the Adephagos was released. Act 3 happens because the party needs to clean up Alexei's mess, and Duke becomes the final boss because he wants to destroy the Adephagos by sacrificing all human lives because he's asshurt at them for killing his furry lover. Whether Estelle lives or dies has nothing to do with any of this.
>>
>>1363041
It opens up a ton as you progress. It is really clunky at first but that goes away.
>>
>>1364738
Kill her before the Adephagos is summoned, genius.
>>
>>1364748
Alexei already had her protected with a barrier before they could do anything, genius. It would've been more logical for them to kill Alexei instead. Even if Yuri could or wanted to kill her, the party would've just stopped him. He spends the entire game taking on way more responsibility than he needs to, he even offers to be the one to execute Don Whitehorse for fuck's sake. He resolves all his problems up to that point by killing, and it takes Estelle's life being on the line to finally give him a new perspective. It's important character development and "game too long lol" is not a good reason for throwing that away, let alone would it make him a better MC.
>>
>>1364713
Killing Estellise would only slow the process to release Adephagos. Phaeroh knew that, otherwise Estelle would be already dead. Yuri took the best option to face Adephagos itself.
>>
>>1364738
>Yuri and friends come up with a way to stop the Adephagos without killing all the humans
>Get the humans on entelexia on board with the plan
>Dukes like “Nah man the humans killed my furry loved decades ago they all gotta die”
>>
>>1361744
it has one of the most annoying sidequests in jrpg history and the plot shits itself when part 3 starts but if you can ignore those faults it's pretty good especially for $13
>>
>>1361744
>13 bucks

At this price you shouldn't even be asking you cock

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.