[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: tyranny.jpg (158 KB, 616x353)
158 KB
158 KB JPG
Thoughts on Tyranny? Pillars of Eternity was a huge slog and I'm looking for something else, but similar.
>>
>>1361559
>>1361559
Tranny LOL.
>>
>>1361559
I've been enjoying the little that I've played.
>>
has lots of strong female characters and uglier graphics than a game made in 2008. Shit combat too. Might like it if femdom is your fetish.
>>
It was a money laundering scheme, and you could tell
>>
>>1361559
The premise is neat but it was fumbled in its execution. I liked playing it overall, I'd rec but don't expect a modern masterpiece
>>
>>1361615
Could you explain more? Sounds interesting
>>
>>1361559
pure meh
>>
>>1361559
Magic is kino. World is good. Writing is average. Wokeness is a meme and you won't notice unless you are actively looking to be offended. Overall solid, but it is cut in half with ending attached to main game with silver tape.
>>
>>1361615
>>1361645

The poster is a retard, it was the opposite. Obsidian got a proper budget from Paradox, and instead used a chunk of those funds on Pillars of Eternity.

This is why Paradox cut off all relations with Obsidian, and also why no other publisher wanted to deal with them.
>>
>>1361559
magic system is good and fun, everything else is meh. the scarlet mob and purple militant dudes are lame and are weird polar opposites to give the illusion of "much choices"
>>
>>1361559
I played and dropped out of sheer boredom Pillars of Eternity. Tyranny is not a flawless game by any means, but it does have a solid core idea, and an interesting one at that.
The magic is neat, and the first 'chapter' being basically a text adventure set-up with fairly meaningful choices was a very good call, and it is something I'd love to see play out in other games as well. The world itself is pretty interesting, and although there is no game from Obsidian that does not get Obsidian'd at the final act, this one was tolerable and left you wanting more.
>>
>>1361559
I enjoyed it way more than Pillars. The prologue decisions which act as your backstory have impact on the story and options you have. It's also one of the few games, where you are not a nobody. You are an important person and have a lot of power even at level one. The story rips off Black Company, but that is actually a good thing. The game is flawed since they didn't really have a big budget and rushed some things, but I still think it's better than Pillars
>>
File: 1478595960773.jpg (164 KB, 642x730)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
>>1361559
The basic premise is interesting, but the game betrays it almost immediately. The idea is that the bad guys won already and you're one of the evil overlord's primary lieutenants. Five seconds into the game, you're shoehorned into joining plucky resistance fighters and although you CAN fight against it and try to be loyal to your evil overlord, the game keeps pushing you back in that direction.

The companions themselves are all differing levels of bland or just plain awful. A guy trapped in a magic suit of armor that smells like poop because he can't wipe (seriously), or pic related - quite possibly the worst written character in a modern RPG, etc etc.

A lot of people praise the magic system and I guess it's okay. You've probably seen similar done better by other studios. On the whole, the game feels barebones and unpolished. If you read up on what happened during development it all makes sense.

All that said, it's not a bad game. It's just thoroughly mediocre and when it's compared against Pillars of Eternity which is probably the epitome of thoroughly mediocre 5/10RPGs, it doesn't quite hold up.
>>
>>1362375
Jesus Christ.
>>
>>1361559
It's great, just short and ends a bit abruptly. But the reactivity of choices is top tier.
>>
>>1362375
>The basic premise is interesting, but the game betrays it almost immediately.
Fucking why. There are a billion games about being the plucky resistance against the evil empire. They introduced an interesting premise and then immediately ditched it?
>>
>>1362375
Name one (1) thing that's wrong with Kills-in-Shadow.
>>
>>1362441
No. I don't know what that anon is smoking.

Past Act 1, the game has four routes, two of which are Lawful Evil. One is "Kill them all" and the fourth one is joining the Resistance. But that's a bonus route that was implanted via patch iirc and it shows, kind of underwritten compared to the main routes.

Maybe the anon you replied you chose the Rebel route and autistically assumed it was the game's fault.
>>
>>1362447
He's right though. You're introduced into three main factions. The cartoonishly evil Chorus, the ineffective Lawful Evil Disfavored and then hard push toward the rebels. Both sects of bad guys are shit, and the game just assumes you're out to betray Kyros from the get-go and keeps trying to force you into rebelling against him/her/whatever. The one ending where you remain loyal is bland and seems tacked on.
>>
>>1362443
The name is cringe.
>>
>>1362443
That fucking name, for starters.
>>
>>1362466
>and then hard push toward the rebels
That's wrong though. You have to make specific choices in the Conquest mode as well as certain actions throughout Act 1, and only if you complete several of them are you invited to a nightly meeting where they probe your openness towards Rebellion, and even at that point you can still either blow them off or ruin the goodwill you've accumulated by picking the wrong dialogue choices.

The game plainly railroads you into Chorus vs Disfavored drama and asks you to pick between the two. In fact nearly all of the quests in Act 1 revolve around choosing one of those two sides, with the options that enable the Rebel path snuck into it throughout. The game wants you to play evil.
>>
>>1362443
>tenaciously loyal
>unless she senses weakness
That's the exact opposite of loyal, let alone tenaciously loyal. Also:

>monster
>frightening
>insatiable bloodlust
>brutish
>unapologetic killer
>hulking
>quirky sense of humor ;-D
>>
>>1362475
>>1362481
Native American names are like that
>>
>>1362490
No they're not. It's a straight up parody, and a cringe one at that.
>>
>>1361559
Felt like they released about half a game from what I remember.
Its shockingly short
>>
>>1362489
>tenaciously loyal
>unless she senses weakness
>That's the exact opposite of loyal, let alone tenaciously loyal
Did you actually play the game?
>>
>>1362375

I bet Megan Starks is big and hairy and stinks of wet animal, too.
>>
>>1362493
>>
>>1362502
Do you understand basic English?
>>
>>1362511
Yes. Answer the question, anon.
>>
File: 1458262575593.jpg (120 KB, 600x600)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>1362509
Notice his name is fucking Floyd? Notice it's normal instead of trying to """""evocative"""""?
>>
>>1361559
Unbiased opinion:
It's just as much as a slog IMO as PoE but more compact in design which lessens that feeling; and the choices you can make are way more interesting. Miles more interesting actually. You can actually effect the story but the game is more of a series of set pieces as opposed to an intricate "open-map" rpg. You won't be going back to past maps to see changes or anything, you will go to one set piece, make a major choice then move forward. Also, the game's story is unfinished.

I'm not a big fan of RtwP, but the combat is servicable. The one tank you get is terrible at being a tank though, there just isn't enough damage mitigation modifiers to make a real tank so every character needs to do as much dps as possible or get melted themselves. I don't really like this, it feels like they didn't design the game properly. The one thing I did really like about the combat was the magic crafting however, that is always really cool.

But it's definitely a play once, when you are done with some other game. It's a refreshing game, but it won't make any long lasting memories.
>>
File: 1440350646694.jpg (24 KB, 288x252)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>1362520
>Stands With A Fist
>Kicking Bird
>Wind In His Hair
>Smiles A Lot
>Pretty Shield
>>
File: Tranny.png (361 KB, 504x748)
361 KB
361 KB PNG
>>1362517
Yes I did. Now, what does playing the game have to do with the fact that "will turn on you if you expose weakness" is the exact opposite of the meaning of loyalty?
>>
>>1362533
Anon, you're talking with /v/ermin. They are born retarded.
>>
>>1362533
So, the ACTUAL Native Americans are named things like Graham, Floyd and Michael. But the names written by a white Englishman from California are
>Stands With A Fist
>Kicking Bird
>Wind In His Hair
>Smiles A Lot
>Pretty Shield
>>
>>1362534
Did you forget about the part where Kills-in-Shadows loyalty issues are explained in the fucking dialogue of the game, anon?
>>
>>1362539
> the ACTUAL Native Americans are named things like Graham, Floyd and Michael
No, that isn't how they named their people. Are you retarded? Are you being retarded on purpose then going to fake being retarded to save face?
>>
>>1362539
>he doesn't know how Native American names work
Anon, please look it up. The Burgers didn't come up with that naming system, it's a literal translation of the Indian names.
>>
>>1362536
He posted a screencap of him completing the game so I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt but it's weird why someone would judge Kills-in-Shadow by the flashy promo text instead of the more complex in-game characterization.
>>
File: 1600657128989.png (186 KB, 512x530)
186 KB
186 KB PNG
>>1362533
>reading the character names instead of the actual natives name
lmao. nigger I've lived next to a reservation my entire life. I know these drunks pretty well. Never in my life have I met one with a cringe name like that, though I have met some with those fancy types of names after their christian names.
>>
>>1362544
Except on the left we have a list of actual Native Americans. On the right is a cast of characters from a fictional story written by a white guy.
>>
>>1362375
Did we play the same game. You have to actively work to join the resistance. By default you get to tell the resistance to fuck itself and if you don't cater to them you can't join. The best route is when you tell everyone to go fuck themselves because they're all stupid.
>>
>>1362546
>Michael Spears when translated into his native Lakota is actually Runs With The Buffalo and Soars With the Eagle
Take your retarded ass back to whatever public school graduated you and slap the shit out of whoever passed you along.
>>
>>1362561
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touch_the_Clouds
>>
>>1362569
>referring to modern day reservationists when talking about Native American cultural naming customs
>>
>>1362570
>okay, so literally none of the Native Americans today have that
>and my Dances with Wolves link made me look stupid because I don't know the difference between real actors and pretendy characters
>but 200 years ago...
Look at those goalposts just darting around all over the place.
>>
File: 1614026474627.jpg (37 KB, 480x482)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>1361559
How much backstabbing is in this? I just want to play an evil manipulative shithead in an RPG for once
>>
>>1362576
When the fuck do you think Dances is Wolves is set in you fucking autist
>>
>>1362574
>Native Americans today don't count, nor do the ones that don't and never have used those naming conventions, the ONLY cultural naming customs that exist are the ones that support my argument
Give them enough time and it always comes back to bigotry.
>>
>>1362579
I mean you can tell any faction to go fuck themselves at pretty much any point. Basically every mission there's an option to just betray your alliance and say go fuck yourself.
>>
>>1362582
Is Tyranny set in the modern day? Anon, did anyone talk about the present before you shoehorned it into the argument?
>>
>>1362582
Tribes varied on what they used for names anon.
They are not one single bloc of people.
>>
>>1362581
I think it's a historical fiction that was set in the realm of make-believe and has been under fire for decades for historical inaccuracy.
>>
>>1362591
Hush, he's larping as an Injun now in order to deflect from the fact that he was caught shitposting about a game he didn't play. Go easy on him.
>>
>>1362589
Wait, your argument is that Tyranny is set in the real world 1800s and that the cannibal wolfmen are Lakota?
>>
>>1362593
That's nice, but can you answer the question what time this fictional story is set in?
>>
>>1362561
Those native american actors where named after colonization you absolute retard. Do you seriously believe that before the Europeans came the natives named themselves Joseph and Steven you fucking niggerbrained faggot? Native Americans did not use Christian/Jewish names before Europeans came; that was the point you fucking mongaloid.

NA's used verbage to name eachother, and when romanized (that means translated into a latin language you uneducated fucking retard) it comes out as Walks-With-Ox or whatever. You're a retard.
>>
>>1362598
My argument is that a game set in a pre-industrial fantasy world is more likely to take inspiration from the pre-industrial world than 1990s New Mexico.
>>
>>1362598
You are a massive idiot.
>>
>>1362604
It doesn't have a specific time? It's not set in the real world, it's set in the world Terratus. Given the bronze weaponry, your nearest corollary would be 3300BC, not 1800AD but given gods and magic exist, that's all out the window. Absolutely nothing in the game suggests that a random pack of wolfmen would have Lakota 1800 naming conventions based on the in-game year.
>>
>>1362615
I thought the parallels between beastfolk and native americans were very obvious. But maybe you didn't play the Azure of the game since it's missable.
>>
>>1362611
Except that it didn't. The cannibal savages only took 1800's Lakota names. Not Sumerian names, not Babylonian, Egyptian, Nordic, Aztec, Zulan or any other. And I'm curious what your rationalization for these savage cannibals directly referencing the Lakota with their names is.
>>
>>1362598
Thank you brother for educating these honkies. I just don’t have the energy to do so anymore.
>>
>>1362620
>parallels between beastfolk and native americans were very obvious
There it is. Savage native cannibal with insatiable bloodlust, knew it. Alright, I'm out. GG, no RE.
>>
>>1362598
>the cannibal wolfmen are Lakota
No.
>the cannibal wolfmen are inspired by Lakota
Yes, that was my original point.
>>
>>1362630
Agreed. All cannibal savages are basically Native Americans.
>>
>>1362622
>cannibal savages
Who are you referring to?
>>
>>1362629
>>1362636
Oh, so you didn't play the game.
Or killed the beastfolk on sight... which is even worse because their quests are nice.
>>
>>1362541
Her being disloyal and opportunistic has an explanation. What doesn't is that the author still described her as "tenaciously loyal." Which is neither true, nor supported by the very next words in the same description.
>>
>>1362636
Listen sweety, the Navajo has already invented differential calculus while you were living in caves
>>
>>1362642
I like no matter how bad a game is, no matter how many references are made to the game itself, and even screenshots of anon's proving they played and beat it all get dismissed by fans as "you didn't play it!"

Worked for Sonic fans, worked for Smash fans, works just for Tyranny fans.
>>
>>1362651
If you're doing the right choices in the first meeting with her (or have past history with her via Conquest mode) she practically worships the ground you walk on. So yes if you've been an unbending hardliner in the past then Kills-in-Shadow is your most loyal follower. iirc the only way to lose her is murdering her yourself in Act 3 Disfavored route.
>>
>>1362587
>Basically every mission there's an option to just betray your alliance and say go fuck yourself
Sounds sick, thanks
>>
>>1362666
If he played the game, he wouldn't think to refer to them as such. I've been giving him the benefit of the doubt at some point it just gets ridiculous.
>>
>>1362629
Obviously those aren't the aspects that were inspired by Native American culture. What made you think they were?

But if you're hellbent on dismissing my point and being angry like that, you do you.
>>
File: 1401253343314.jpg (142 KB, 561x692)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
>>1362579
You can go full Machiavelli and rat out your allies to your boss, shit's cash.
>>
This game is nonstop trans characters from start to finish, don't play it.
>>
File: 1450866562794.jpg (31 KB, 625x626)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>1362732
Name one trans character
>>
>>1362739
Voices of Nerat
>>
>>1362748
Not trans
>>
>>1362752
Fair enough. They/Them were formally a he/him but after becoming part female along with multiple personalities and other mental illnesses, it prefers non-binary forms of address.
>>
>>1362761
>>
>>1362375

>Five seconds into the game, you're shoehorned into joining plucky resistance fighters and although you CAN fight against it and try to be loyal to your evil overlord

I don't know what you are on about. When I played the game I literally didn't even *know* joining the resistance was even possible and you can completely miss it.

Sure maybe it is dumb that it is even an option but you are completely misrepresenting it.

The game does have other issues though.
>>
>>1362761
It makes sense because he is a million souls. He doesn't walk around like a troon.
>>
>>1362761
It's a plural "they", not singular/non-binary "they". The Voices of Nerat are a group of people, hence voices, not voice.
>>
So, the Voices of Nerat is a tranny? How important is... they to the story?
>>
File: 1436922497190.png (80 KB, 500x501)
80 KB
80 KB PNG
>>1362822
>So, the Voices of Nerat is a tranny?
No.
>>
>>1362615
>It doesn't have a specific time?

Yes it does. Did you not pay attention. It obviously takes place in 431 TR. L2Read.

https://tyranny.gamepedia.com/Timeline
>>
>>1362842
Man, anyone who plays your game past the prologue and is immediately beset by ball busting warrior womyn knows exactly what sort of shit they’re in for. Just because it’s your fetish doesn’t mean it’s for everyone.
>>
I can't believe they forced my character to go into sex reassignment surgery or be branded a traitor to Kyros' law (pbuh)
>>
>>1362921
Her personality has nothing to do with her being a woman. And basically everybody is an asshole in some way. SJWs just live in your head rent free
>>
>>1362921
It's fun watching you fling shit and hoping any of it sticks, anon.
>>
File: 1613972251685.jpg (11 KB, 300x301)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>1362921
>"muh trannies"
>gets BTFO
>"muh womyn"
>>
Got to run through it fast as a justice fascist. Felt good.
>>
>>1361559
Tyranny is half of a game.
>>
>>1362447
No, the loyalty route was the one that was patched in later, the rebel route was always there.
>>
What kind of representation does the game have?
>>
>>1362137
>QUASICOMMUNIST MURDERHOBOS
vs.
>KNIGHTS WHO ARE FASCIST UH, BECAUSE
>>
>>1361661
They got bought out by Microsoft.
>>
>>1362375
Women can't write fantasy and SF. Forced diversity in game development is destroying potential.
>>
>>1362822
He's a fucking eldritch abomination, you moron. Stop reading /pol/ or ResetEra for a second, and think using your own brain.
>>
>>1364191
After years of trying to get a publisher or being bought out. It was their rescue line, basically.
>>
I've installed it since it seems to uniquely allow you to play a campaign catered to evil aligned characters? But I've not started it yet because otherwise I have little reason to play in Obsidian's lame OC settings when I could just play D&D.
>>
>>1364201
>After years of trying to get a publisher or being bought out.
You have a single source to back that up? They valued their independence and half the reason why they whipped up new IPs.
>>
>>1364203
There's like a handful of DnD games on PC unless you're talking about /tg/ stuff. Tyranny's mechanics is kinda better in that it's laser cut to fit PC.
>>
>>1364203
>I have little reason to play in Obsidian's lame OC settings when I could just play D&D.
>premise: cool
>bronze age: cool
>execution: shit
just play dnd i don't even care which edition
>>
>>1364194
There's no forced diversity in this game.
>>
>>1364233
Avellone confirmed it after leaving Obsidian. Urquart spent years trying to get bought out by somebody, anybody, but Obsidian had such a shitty reputation by that point no one wanted them.

You can find it on the RPG Codex, in the Chris Avellone thread. He used to post there semi-regularly.

Also, to anyone who doesn't know - RPGs set in the Forgotten Realms dried up past NWN2: Storm of Zehir because both Uruquart and Fargo were so hated by WotC they preferred to make no games at all, rather than have Obsidian/inXile develop them.
>>
>>1364302
Try reading that post again. You read like a woman.
>>
>>1364302
Just a lot of women talking about how much they like SEX and loudly cursing in your ears. Man wouldn’t it be cool if they would step on my balls with their boots on haha, that’d be great storytelling.
>>
>>1364311
The rabbit thing from nwn2 was fucking retarded
>>
>>1364320
>women who like sex is woke
Elaborate on that.
>>
>>1364318
Which part?
>>
>>1364338
The part where you slurp on Adolf Hitler's dental abscess and suck down some Third Reich juice.
>>
>>1364345
No thanks I'm straight and not a tranny, but thank you for your insights into your dilated mind.
>>
>>1364351
Extremely weak. You have no imagination. Goodbye, boring person. You've wasted both our time.
>>
>>1364354
I can't believe someone would go on /vrpg/ to discuss video games.
>>
>>1364332
It’s just obnoxious femdom bullshit that nerds mistake for feminism.
>>
>>1364311
>so hated by WotC
That makes them good in my book. WotC are a bunch of cunts.
>>
>>1364239
>There's like a handful of DnD games on PC unless you're talking about /tg/ stuff. Tyranny's mechanics is kinda better in that it's laser cut to fit PC
There are decades of cool D&D games, from SSI to now Larian. And some of the best RPG-maker toolsets ever were released for these games so you have endless community content and ports/remakes. And all that links in with the same /tg/ world, so you're constantly deepening your sense of the setting.

Compare that to, what?, the 20-40 hours + short stories of Tyranny's "world"? Without the cool villain's campaign idea it wouldn't be so interesting.
>>
File: 1455193606119.jpg (12 KB, 250x241)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>1362375
>Five seconds into the game, you're shoehorned into joining plucky resistance fighters
But that's wrong you retard
>>
>>1364194
It’s not caused by female authors, who can write great sci fi (cf Ursula k le guin). No woman fantasizes about being “kills-shadows”. It’s caused by disgusting pervert leftist men, who fantasize about being humiliated and degraded by their “strong female characters “.
>>
>>1364412
The player character is the one humiliating and enslaving Kills-in-Shadows, not the other way around. The same applies to the rest of the wolf people. Did you even play the game?
>>
>>1364436
Nope I got a refund in the first two hours after noticing the opening zone was a claustrophobic series of tunnels super imposed upon an open city, the combat was trash, and some little pantomiming girl power puppet (rather than a actual portrait) started screaming “fuck” in my ear :)
>>
File: 1584285835563.png (145 KB, 906x935)
145 KB
145 KB PNG
>>1364456
Anon, what happened here is you bought Dragon Age 2 by accident.
>>
>>1364512
anon, the first zone is a camp with only one path through it due to hidden walls. One thing I liked about PoE is trees in it were terrain-flavor, not invisible rails.
>>
>>1361559
I really liked it, and wish that Obsidian would have given it the time and budget that they gave PoE. It could have been a great RPG if it wasn't developed by their B-team on a shoestring budget, but it still came out pretty good anyway.
>>
File: edgering_ruins.jpg (127 KB, 928x658)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>1364529
>hidden walls
Not sure what you mean?
>>
>>1365164
>a fucking tunnel
Wasn’t the next zone after this a tunnel as well?
>>
>>1365179
No, the next zone is a pretty widespread hub area (Disfavored camp). Also where's the hidden walls you mentioned earlier?
>>
>>1365308
Post disfavored camp and I’ll point them out, thanks
>>
File: Disfavored Camp.png (1.55 MB, 1326x552)
1.55 MB
1.55 MB PNG
>>1365322
Here you go. Note that you can walk around the camp, in between tents, explore the grass beyond the beaten path outside the camp (there's an ecounter with a merchant and Disfavoreds) and even along the camp's walls. Somewhere on the field there is the hidden grave of Graven Ashe's son, which you can bring up to piss off Voices of Nerat later on.
>>
>>1365336
>Lucia and Marcus

Ahh... the one's that mention off-handedly that the camp has literal sex slaves, and Lucia intends to make use of one after her shift is done. And people claim it's SJW.
>>
>>1365351
Sure. So where's the hidden walls you were going to point out?
>>
>>1364374
I think what he meant is you're shoehorned into rebelling against Kyros, which is partly true (though there's a Loyalty ending)
>>
>>1365351
It's the reality of war
>>
>>1365356
Here fag. Sorry your fetish game was a failure. Next time make it in rpgmaker and sell it on steam next to the futa wank games.
>>
>>1365391
Those are visible walls, anon. It's literally rocky walls.

Also where's the hidden rails in the Disfavored camp >>1365336
>>
>daughters and sons
>women and men
>the god is a she
>"good guys" are a complete matriarchy with matrilineal only succession
>>
>>1365395
That’s a tree anon, not anymore Ricky than the plateau you just walked over to get to it.

Seriously tho, what’s up with leftists and demanding ordinary ppl participate in your fetishes? Not enough for you to be a faggot, people must be compelled to celebrate your wedding. Not enough to cross dress, others must pretend you are female. Not enough to get off on female domination, innocent pillars of eternity players need to facesat on by kills-in-shadows.
>>
>>1365351
>And people claim it's SJW.
Not sure why anyone would believe a game where you genocide peaceful tribes is woke.
>>
>>1365425
Here, anon, I made this for you. Check the color palette of the area in the trees' shadows if you're not sure where the rock walls begin and end.

Also, still waiting for those invisible rails in the Disfavored camp you mentioned earlier. Is it coming?
>>
>>1365422
>the god is a she
Doubt it.
>"good guys" are a complete matriarchy with matrilineal only succession
There's no good guys in this game aside from the Disfavored boss' daughter and her baby. If you get to know them the rebels can be very cruel too.
>>
>>1365437
uwu wats this?
>>
>>1365462
A rocky steep climb, also known as wall.

Note how the deco objects sprawling it gradually gain evelation, that's what people call height.
>>
File: best girl.png (38 KB, 210x330)
38 KB
38 KB PNG
>>1365448
>Doubt it.
Sorry, I meant
>the god-emperor is a she
>There's no good guys in this game
Hence the quotes.
The intentional mutilation of the English language is what triggers my autism the most, anyway.
Mechanically, the game is sorta fun. Same goes for gameplay; throwing the old water bitch off the tower with a post-it note on her forehead was pretty funny.
Also,
>no songbird romance
>>
>>1361661
This. Fuckers didn't use the money on Tyranny, which had actual potential.
>>
File: daughters and sons.jpg (326 KB, 1920x1080)
326 KB
326 KB JPG
>>1365474
>Same goes for gameplay
Meant "roleplay."
>>
>>1365473
No rocks in circled area. Also iirc it’d the trees to the right which block your path.

It’s a tunnel
>>
>>1365474
You mean good guys as good males? I suppose you're right, although maybe the poor peasant schmucks you murder here and there. They consist of both genders iirc.

>Mechanically, the game is sorta fun. Same goes for gameplay
The combat has some great ideas (magic rune combos are cool), what spoiled the fun for me was the lack of enemy variety. It's all either warriors, beastfolk or those floating ghost blobs. Clearing the dungeons felt like busywork because of it.
>>
>>1365474
>The intentional mutilation of the English language is what triggers my autism the most, anyway.
Yeah, I hate Americans too.
>>
>>1365480
>No rocks in circled area
The area is green and grey, green for vegetation, grey for rocks.
>It's a tunnel
It's a tunnel with visible walls, yes. You get railroaded from the starting point to Verse to the hostage flashpoint. But just like any other map, it makes no use of invisible walls.

What about the Disfavored camp?
>>
>>1365476
>sack tyranny setting and cut all your ties with any future publisher to make PoE
They went full retard.
>>
>>1365487
>(magic rune combos are cool)
Now that was a great proof-of-concept for a dope magic system. Shame they misspent all of the money and didn't develop that further.
>>
>>1365499
Afaik Tyranny flopped, POE1 didn't.
>>
>>1365504
Whoa, you can state the obvious!

Now tell me, why Tyranny flopped, high IQ Anon?
>>
>>1365498
Hans, there is no fucking cliffs in the blue circle, but whatever, you can obviously force yourself to see whatever you want to see
>>
>>1365509
> why Tyranny flopped, high IQ Anon?
It’s a fetish game that was marketed to a general rpg audience
>>
>>1365509
Don't be mad anon, just trying to rationalize why they felt compelled to ditch one series for the sake of the other.

>why did Tyranny flop
https://www.pcgamesn.com/tyranny/tyranny-sales-paradox-obsidian
>>
File: forest cliff.jpg (277 KB, 1023x683)
277 KB
277 KB JPG
>>1365511
Pretty sure pic related is what they're gunning for. Ever went hiking in the forest, anon?

Anyway I'm excited for you pointing out the invisible walls of the Disfavored camp.

After all you said that every level in the game is a tunnel, right?
>>
>>1365513
The fetish of killing everybody?
>>
> Next question, then: why didn’t Tyranny meet expectations? Wester points to a tough launch window in November – a month in which other great games, including Ubisoft’s Watch Dogs 2, struggled to punch through the pre-Christmas noise.
>having to blame watch dogs for why your fetish game flopped
Oh no no no nononono
>>
>>1365528
Nope, female domination
>>
>>1365530
I know English is hard for you, anon, but that quote states that Watch Dogs 2 did also flop, not that it stole Tyranny's thunder or whatever.
>>
>>1365535
I don't share your expertise of that particular fetish but I'm pretty sure it doesn't involve killing the female.
>>
> I can play Kerbal Space Program that way, or Cities: Skylines. But if it’s Tyranny, I want to read every single word and savour the words, because I know that the team over at Obsidian put a lot of effort and love into writing those words. I want to make sure that I’m paying it the right kind of respect.”

Lmao this article is great
>>
>>1365501
It's fully developed, just given nothing good to do.
>>
>>1365547
>anon downloaded some gross fetish mod for Tyranny and thought it was the base game
That explains a lot.
>>
>>1361559
I hear you on PoE, and Tyranny is still a very wordy game, but it was fun for me almost immediately after you're done the decisions in the "prologue" to craft your character and the game gave you control

It's short, but it felt like choices mattered because of it

Though, I imagine if you RP a good guy it would be really shitty. This is the answer to all those threads that ask "what's the best game to play an asshole in"
>>
>>1362560
Well duh they're not named like that NOW
back then though
>>
>>1365516
>Don't be mad anon
I ain't. The point is that Tyranny flopped because Obsidian used the budged and time tho make PoE2, scamming Paradox and releasing a buggy and unfinished game while cutting all ties with the IP owner for further patches/DLC/games. Hence the flop.

They should've sacked PoE, the boring setting, and keep Tyranny for themselves.

>>1365513
>>1365535
Now that's dumb answer.

>you can't hold sirin by the helm handlebars and merciless facefuck her
OK, now I'm mad.
>>
>>1365564
Hans your Karl May stories are bullshit.
>>
File: 1611091369047.jpg (7 KB, 231x218)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>1365513
I suppose if you're into women in armor every RPG is a fetish game for you
>>
>>1365580
Karl May characters aren't named like that.
>>
>>1361559
no it wasn't
>>
>>1365580
Anon I'm still waiting for you to show me the Disfavored camp's invisible walls. You were being so confident about it, what happened?
>>
>>1365590
Based and Purpleprosepilled
>>
>>1365596
My fartfuhrer, I didn’t play the game very long, and I never got to the disfavored camp. I just remembered there was hidden walls, and it irritated me.
>>
>>1361559
>>1361576
>>1361581
Could have been the best obsidian game since new vegas if it had gotten the attention it deserved.

In an alternate universe obsidian fired their incompetent writers like the one who wrote the beast woman, avellone never left and was a major part of the game, and they actually gave the game the time and work it needed instead of releasing it in a completely unfinished and unpolished state.

Instead obsidian and josh sòyer were too busy jerking themselves off to their ãñgľathùìñ pillar ruins to care.
>>
Out of curiosity, what aspect if this game was actually inspired by the Bronze Age? Or was that just code for “shitty graphics”?
>>
>>1365772
well for one there's the fact that the available metals for arms and armor are bronze and iron, with the former actually being stronger, but the latter better at equipping an army
also the whole evil overlord empire works a bit like one of the bronze age massive empires
>>
Liked it more than PoE but depressing to learn that even with bigger backing from Paradox, Obsidian would have just funnelled that money into PoE II instead.

I'm not sure what the anons mean by the game railroading you to the plucky rebels path when Barik and Verse will repeatedly call you an idiot for even showing an ounce of mercy to them. Even then there's not even single unified Rebel front since you actually have to balance between a bunch of neutral factions instead of just one (IE; Allying too much with the Bronze Brotherhood will destroy Leviathan's Crossing / Killing Cairn kills the Stonestalkers).

Kills-In-Shadow was pretty bad though yes.

>Anon complaining about women & men + daughters & son
I'm glad that anon is here. Can't be a Tyranny thread without a guy riling about fictional linguistics.
>>
>>1366289
>Kills-In-Shadow

I just alpha smacked her in the face. That shut her up. What happens otherwise?

Also race warred the beastmen.
>>
>>1364412
It for sure is caused by female writers. There's an extremely small amount of competent female F/SF writers, and they don't exist in gaming at all.
>>
>>1365474
Maybe that's because the game has been openly inspired by the Black Company novels, where the Emperor IS a woman?
>>
>>1366797
>blocks ur path
>>
>>1365547
If you keep selecting the *glare silently* options in dialogue, Tunon will call you out on it eventually. Continue doing it further, and he WILL get pissed.
>>
>>1366840
>one competent woman amidst hundreds
You sure showed him anon.
>>
>>1366860
Faggots have to be the most ungrateful people in the universe. Hey pillowbiter, if it wasn’t for women you’d be in a mental hospital getting chemically castrated.
>>
>>1366884
You will never be a woman.
>>
>>1366895
And you will never be a man
>>
Is this the game where you worship a he-she gender neutral god named Kira or Kiros or something?
>>
>>1366952
No. This is the game that retards keep assuming inane /pol/shit.
>>
>>1366965
It's the game written by women, notorious for shit writing. No one's saying it's PC, just shit. The forced diversity lies in the development team.
>>
>>1366976
Could you give any example shit writing other than meme-in-shadows?
>>
>>1366992
The entire game is subpar. Prose sucks, world building sucks, characters suck. The story progression is the worst of all.
>>
>>1367018
So... you can't?
>>
>>1367030
Do you have a text document containing the full script? There you go.
>>
>>1366976
The game was produced by a pajeet make, the narrative lead was a guy, 3/4 writers were guys. Homos really will openly lie if they think it advances their agenda.
>>
>>1367042
That's Mass Effect Androgynous, not Tranny.
>>
>>1367018
Could you give any example other than meme-in-shadows?
>>
>>1367018
that's videogames for you
>>
>>1367047
Just watched the credits you lying boybotherer
>>
File: tranny.png (138 KB, 326x310)
138 KB
138 KB PNG
>>1367056
Everything about it is shit. Read more.
>>
>>1367071
>Read more
Ironic coming from a guy that can't give a single example to support his argument.
>>
>>1367071
>Read more
I would but you aren't providing much besides "game sux!!1111" anon
>>
>>1367079
>>1367084
It's not, considering you're unable to comprehend what I'm telling you. I'm also not going to sift through this horseshit again to prove a point to a blatant tranny, or at best unattractive woman on the defense wrong.

The writing is overall bland, boring and the prose is shit. Read more. Literally find any fantasy or SF book that isn't rated below 1.5/5 and you have better writing.
>>
>>1367085
Don't worry retard-bro, I accept your concession. Actually I could give you some examples of bad writing in Tyranny (other than meme-in-shadow), but fuck you. Also, seems you actually bought the game, >>1367071 LMOA double retard!
>>
>>1366840
Based
>>
>>1367071
Give an example then instead of bait-posting you sperg. If you want to talk about the writing let's dissect it.
>>
>>1366952
Kyros is either male or female but not gender neutral. The thing is that commoners know very little about him/her besides the propaganda that's fed to them.
>>
File: 1368153450189.png (95 KB, 194x204)
95 KB
95 KB PNG
>>1367085
You've already somehow managed to waste 70 hours on a 20 hour game, what's a few minutes more that would take it for you to explain your argument?
>>
If Kyros made an edict that all people had to become LGBT would you get to chose which you became?
>>
File: kjl.png (28 KB, 478x237)
28 KB
28 KB PNG
>>1367047
>>
>every other game
>yeah the writing is a bit dodgy but what do you expect

>obsidian game
>this writing is worse than in conventional literature, 0/10 unacceptable
>>
>>1367253
>what do you expect
accurate marketing and budgeting expectations for a femdom abuse game
>>
>>1361559
It's a nice short RPG with a different perspective.
>>
>>1367149
Lesbian male.
>>
>>1367279
>femdom abuse game
It's time to go back
>>
>>1367345
do you even encounter a single non-matriarchy group in this game, before you get force-feminized by kills-in-shadows 7 inch pseudopenis?
>>
>>1367369
>Disfavored
>Scarlet Chorus
Yes, approx. 1 minute into the game.

I'd tell you to play the game but I think some futa fetish VN might be more to your taste, maybe /a/ can help you with that.
>>
>>1364320
Sounds like you're projecting. Do you have hidden fantasies of getting your balls punched like a little bitch?
>>
>>1366934
At least my balls are still attached
>>
>>1367111
>let's spend a meaningful amount of time dissecting this poorly written, low budet and mediocre game from half a decade ago instead of keeping it short and saying what anyone who's played it will say
It's shit.
>>1367147
See, I've played it more than you have, yet you pretend this is just a shitpost. What a bright individual you are. I've actually finished it in every which way, and I'll, again, keep it short. Writing's trash. Prose is unappealing, and the story progression is shit. Nothing meaningful happens. It's a slog.
>>1367169
Megan Starks was the lead writer. Even if someone else was involved, that doesn't make it any better or worse. It's still a forgettable IE entry with poor writing.
>>
File: tyranny_comp_portrait.jpg (174 KB, 1259x330)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
>>1365547
Those fucking 3Dfigure "portraits". I have no idea why actual portraits were too hard.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (41 KB, 500x600)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
What was the point of role-reversing social hierarchy and making the world female dominated?
Who asked for this (besides femdom lovers)?
The setting looks like it was created in some all-female californian uni by a retarded group of DnD players.
If it was developer's way to deliver a political message and a way of showing they progressiveness, well, a flop is no surprise.
The politicized audience that loves such narrative *experiments* is huge, for sure, but my testosterone level just goes to high to let myself replay it after all DLCs and patches, although I didn't even buy the game. And as the sales have shown, their *emasculated* bet - missed.
>>
>>1368208
You don't understand. They needed that portrait money for PoE II.
>>
>>1368227
First of all, don't talk about a game you've never played. Only the Tiers, the region the game is set in, is semi-matriarchal in nature. People from outside the Tiers find it quaint and ridiculous, since the rest of Terratus is a strict meritocracy.
>>
>>1368350
cont.
In other words, fuck off back to /pol/ and cry about being a victim somewhere else.
>>
>>1368227
>What was the point of role-reversing social hierarchy and making the world female dominated?
Nobody. You're the vidya equivalent of retards saying that Nazis were evil because their holocoasters or giant freezers.

>>1368350
>>1368356
If you think about it, the Tiers have fixed gender roles, which is pretty bigoted.
>>
>>1368227
>female dominated
It's not. Anon, I know you want to play a femdom fetish game very badly but you're not going to get it with Tyranny. Ask /a/.
>>
>>1368648
>It's not.
>Only females can inherit our own property and be rulers
It is
>>
>>1368709
Woman leader
>Vendrien Guard
>Stonestalkers
>Forgebound

Man leader
>Disfavored
>Scarlet Chorus
>Fatebinders
>Unbroken
>Bronze Brotherhood
>Lethian's Crossing

Play the game or fuck off and ask /a/ for femdom lewds, but something's got to give.
>>
>>1368857
Dude, u haven't even play though prologue, where social structure in described, fuck off and actually play the game
>>
>>1368864
is*
>>
>>1368864
If I hadn't, I wouldn't know about the other factions lol.
>>
>>1368350
>Only the Tiers, the region the game is set in, is semi-matriarchal in nature.
>semi-matriarchal
Nigga, males can't own or inherit land! And don't give me that bullshit about allowing men own seas. Try to settle down as a sea farmer, we'll see how much it'll last you.
>People from outside the Tiers find it quaint and ridiculous, since the rest of Terratus is a strict meritocracy.
Why the fuck do they still flip genders in common spoken phrases then? >>1365479
>>
>>1368885
If it's a full blown matriarchy explain the Disfavored.
>>
>>1368917
The barbarians in the Tiers have a full blown matriarchy.
The Empire's just a melting pot of different cultures that still somehow use the Tiers' language structure.
>>
>>1368930
>somehow use the Tiers' language structure
Where?
>>
>>1368350
>uhm sweety you have to play my game past the refund window in order to criticize it
Actually I don’t
> Only the Tiers, the region the game is set in, is semi-matriarchal in nature.
Transparent lying. The beasts are also matriarchal.

>cry about being a victim somewhere else.

Not a victim anon. I got refunded for your fetish game.
>>1368204
>Megan Starks was the lead writer.
No, she wasn’t. Matt Maclean was. Listen you can watch the credits on YouTube in like 2 minutes if you feel like. Weak pervert men are into femdom shit, not women
>>
I thought Tyranny was great. The spell crafting was super fun and most of the companions were really enjoyable (especially Lantry). It has lots of cool hidden dialogue as well. Downside is it was clearly cut short.
>>
>>1368934
The Disfavoured's General Ashe says "daughters and sons" and "women and mem" on multiple occasions. Same goes for Tunon and the rest of what-ever-the-top-dogs-are-called.
>>
File: 1403355834973.jpg (50 KB, 465x465)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>1368938
>The beasts are also matriarchal
The Beasts are from the Tiers you dumb nigger.
>>
>>1368943
Fair enough but I don't think a semantic flip is what defines a matriarchy, especially if the people using that language are the male leaders.
>>
File: mENaFtqgy1g.jpg (26 KB, 624x474)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>1368930
>M-m-m-istress, w-why c-can't I own even a t-tiny bit of land?
>HUUUR DUUUR, MELTING POOOTT
>HUUUR DUUUR, GO DIE AT SEA, PEASANT

Empire's got similar laws regarding land ownership.

All yr defending guys doesn't make the setting less lame matriarchal kink bullshit
>>
>>1368938
>yeah okay I refunded it after 5 minutes of the tutorial level but let me explain my intricate knowledge of the game's lore
No. Sorry coomer.
>>
File: 1588573054032.jpg (7 KB, 215x234)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>1368885
>Try to settle down as a sea farmer, we'll see how much it'll last you.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maritime_nation
>>
>>1368962
What gender is the leader of the Empire's supreme military force?
>>
>>1368971
He can't own land or be a ruler, he's a mere subordinate
>>
>>1368972
>the leader is a subordinate
Weak shitpost, try again.
>>
>>1368968
>>1368968
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maritime_nation
> Maritime Republics of Venice, Pisa, Genoa, Amalfi, Gaeta, Ancona and Ragusa

You don't know what gender held supremacy over those states, don't you?

Don't try to get away with substitution of concepts
>>
>>1368956
It still sticks out like a sore thumb in a CRPG made by a company famed for it's writing quality. The worst part is that it's motivated by gender politics and not used in any other way.
Had they made only the Tiersmen use this sort of semantic flip and let the Empire citizens speak normally, it would have underlined the cultural differences between the two regions.
And the Tiers men still can't own land, hence the culture is a complete matriarchy.
>>
>>1368978
The point is that seafaring isn't as useless as you implied it was, you dishonest little faggot.
>>
>>1368979
>It still sticks out like a sore thumb
I never noticed it. How often is the phrase even said? A handful of times throughout the entire game?
>>
>>1368977
HE CAN'T OWN FUCKING LAND, YOU RETARD, HE CAN'T FUCKING RULE. HE CAN BE PLACED A SUPREME COMMADER AND THAN A JANITOR ON THE SAME DAY, HE'S GOT NO REAL POWER YOU DUMB BITCH

Sorry, i almost forgot that rpgs are in state like this also because of beta-cucks that inhabit this board.

My mistake.
>>
>>1368995
>LEADERS DON'T HAVE POWER
The absolute state of the fetish-/a/utist who refunded Tyranny five minutes in.
>>
>>1368998
You still didn't get away with explaining why they flipped the social order, cuck
>>
>>1369005
The Tiers are barbarians. Play the game, /a/utist.
>>
>>1369008
The Empire's got the same land laws, idiot. Maybe you should try to play the game
>>
>>1369013
>governed by men
Evidently the laws are flexible, /a/utist.
>>
>>1368987
It's said as often as "men and women" and "sons and daughters" is said in regular speech.
It's in the first cinematic and in some of the tooltips.
Would you notice anytime someone said "bounds and leaps," "white and black," or "repeat and rinse?"
>>1368968
>>1368982
Yeah, and all of those nations had land, you mouth-breather.
>>1368971
The ultimate leader is Kyros, a woman.
Tunon and Ashe are subordinates. Generals of armies are leaders, but that doesn't mean they can't be fired or have their rights cut off.
>>1369008
The civilized metropolitan Empire still uses language of the Tiers.
>>
>>1369029
>Yeah, and all of those nations had land, you mouth-breather.
As well as ships, you retard.
>>
>>1369025
Answer one simple question:

What gender could OWN (in all senses) land in Tyranny?

Try not to fail this one, or I'll get tired of you.
>>
>>1369040
Traditionally, women.

>in all senses
Such as governing over it?
What's the gender of the person governing the Northern Empire at the time the game starts?
>>
>>1369034
You can't state difference between *own land
and ships* and *owning only ships*, can you?
>>
>>1369034
You can't settle down on a ship, faggot.
>>
>>1369043
Is having full ownership of the naval fleet in a maritime nation equivalent to being "a measy sea farmer peasant"?
>>
>>1369045
There's plenty of fictional continuities where individuals do just that.

Atha'an Miere in Wheel of Time for one.
>>
>>1369045
Having no ships in a nation where seafaring is paramount isn't so hot either, faggot.
>>
>>1369042
Governing is not owning. A local Best Buy manager isn't the owner of the whole company.
>>
>>1369053
Agreed, there's a difference.

Who's the real power in the Bastard City - the council of merchant lords who own the land, or Tunon who governs over them? Try to remember the (female) rich land owner who you meet outside Tunon's court and how she describes living under Tunon's rule.
>>
>>1369050
Tell me how all of those historical maritime nations are relevant to the discussion if we're talking about fictional continuities then.
>>1369052
Where did I mention having no ships, taint smear?
>>
>>1369064
So you agree that having no ships is shit and women who can't own ships subsequently can't have all the power in a maritime nation. Glad to hear it anon.
>>
>>1369064
>Tell me how all of those historical maritime nations are relevant to the discussion if we're talking about fictional continuities then.
Both are relevant. No fictional world is just shit made up on the spot. You can draw from reality to extrapolate how your fakeworld nation would work while being inspired by other fictional examples that do the same thing.
The fact that this is a trope in fiction long before Tyranny is enough to kill your argument though.
>>
>>1369070
Women own the fucking land where all the ships are built and maintained. Nice try being condescending, buddy.
>>
>>1369078
Woman can't own the ships that they build and maintain, they're mere servants as far as naval affairs go. Nice try at deflection, shitstain.
>>
>>1369081
>Plain reverse

Try harder, o points this time
>>
>>1369064
>Tell me how all of those historical maritime nations are relevant to the discussion if we're talking about fictional continuities then.
You say it's not realistic. So you get pointed towards real life examples. Now you say realism doesn't matter. Are you autistic?
>>
>>1369087
Again, where are real life examples of societies where men own no land and maintain a maritime nations?
>>
>>1369076
Existence of the trope does not remove the absolute retardation that is exclusively matriarchal ownership of land.
>>1369081
If the Tiers were completely landlocked, the population wouldn't just die off of starvation or cold or disease. They could maintain themselves off of land. Hence, women having complete control over it is stupid.
Less than stellar attempt at an insult, friendo.
>>
>>1369091
>goalpost: moved
Again, does owning ships in a maritime nation a total lack of power or not?
>>
>>1369093
>If the Tiers were completely landlocked
But it's not. If your argument relies on a meaningless what-if, it's not worth much.
>>
>>1369099
that’s a bit like saying “women could own dresses in real life Renaissance Venice, ergo it wasn’t a ribald patriarchy!”

Why do you care about defending this nonsense anyway? Nerds inflicting their femdom fetish on an unsuspecting public is as old as the sci fi genre. We just have the proper vocabulary to describe it, so your game could be accurately marketed to the crowd most likely to appreciate it
>>
>>1369099
When did Empire in tyranny become a maritime nation?

May be you should try to answer the questions instead of trying to ignore them and interrupting with your own questions, y'r losing track of discussion
>>
>>1369108
>that’s a bit like saying “women could own dresses in real life Renaissance Venice, ergo it wasn’t a ribald patriarchy!”
No, it'd be like saying "If Renaissance women could own all land-based trading it wouldn't have been a ribald patriarchy" which would be correct. I get the feeling that you intially didn't understand that owning ships in a maritime nation amounts to a little bit more than being a lowlife fisher peasant and now you're in too deep to admit you were wrong.
>>
>>1369112
>When did Empire in tyranny become a maritime nation?
>>
>>1369102
There cannot be a nation without land, there can be one without sea.
>>
>>1369111
>try to answer the previous questions!
>brings up an entirely new question while ignoring mine
Autism. Also, it's in the lore. Goes both for Northern Empire and Tiers, Eb talks about the former, the latter should be obvious.
>>
>>1361559

I literally never read anything about this game, before and after my 1 playthrough. I played a magic user, and remember crafting magic spells. I think it was one of the best magic crafting spells, i have ever enjoyed. Afterwards i checked in a few times if there was a sequel, but remember that this was cancelled or something? After 3 or 4 years or so i only remember, evil guys won and i thought i unlocked some special, secret playthrough by joining the good guys. The npcs i dont remember at all, and i never wanted to replay it. So i guess story and npcs must be kind of bland. But i had fun, that i remember.

Now this thread is literally the first time i discussed this game with anybody, and according to these retards, sjw trash gets constantly shoved down your throat, and its the shittiest bland garbahe game ever. I would not listen to them. The game is probably a 7/10 with an apparabtly interesting spin on magic crafting.
>>
>>1369116
>there can be one without sea.
There can, but there isn't. Again, that's a non-sequitor hypothetical scenario if we're discussing why the world customs of Tyranny are a certain way.
>>
>>1369115
I take your non-answer as a concession in that point.
>>
>>1369112
>get the feeling that you intially didn't understand that owning ships in a maritime nation amounts to a little bit more than being a lowlife fisher peasant and now you're in too deep to admit you were wrong.

Anon, you are chatting with several people. You have to understand, your sexual preferences are not in the majority, even among wrpg fans. This is also why Tyranny flopped.
>>
>>1369119
May be you should try to answer the questions instead of trying to ignore them and interrupting with your own questions, y'r losing track of discussion

You can continue ignore inconvenient questions, but i will ask them 'till you answer |

>>
>>1369133
Read the post again, I adressed it.
>>
>>1369128
You can continue ignore inconvenient questions, but i will ask them 'till you answer |

>>
>>1369130
You're the only one insisting the game is some weirdo futa shit. There's plenty of things Tyranny can be criticized for, thecringe-in-shadow companion, the half-assed ending, but as far as your femdom fetish goes you're on your own. Sorry anon.
>>
>>1369123
I'm saying that making only women own the land is retarded and giving men the seas doesn't make it any better.
>>
>>1369091
Vikings
>>
>>1369148
It's a weird choice of gender roles for sure and underdeveloped since the game never progresses geographically beyond the Tiers, so we don't even know how that dynamic plays out beyond the written law. My point is that it doesn't make the Northern Empire a full-blown matriarchy. That's what the Tiers is.
>>
File: Untitled.png (88 KB, 1250x420)
88 KB
88 KB PNG
>>1369150
They had settlements and a homeland where they could live when they're too old for sailing.
>>1369156
I never argued that the Empire is a matriarchy. I'm saying that the supposed "good guys" Tiers are morons. This >>1368930 is my post.
>>
>>1369091
Spartan women had ownership of their own land as well as their husbands.
>>
>>1369178
Sparta was also not a maritime nation, unlike the highly patriarchal Athens
>>
>>1369176
Then I agree with you, although I never saw rebels as goody two shoes anyway. Eb is a vicious piece of shit and very disloyal. I had to restart my playthrough hafway through for unrelated reasons and ended up just executing her this time around. As far as the rest of the Tiers rebel go, they're not much better. Their driving motivation is revenge and spite.
>>
>>1369182
Right. The women governed the land not because the men went to sea but to battle.
>>
>>1369193
Well goddamn, all of that shitflinging over a miscommunication.
Wouldn't know anything about Ed; used her as a carrier pigeon every time.
>>
>>1361661
>scamming parakikes
holy fucking based
>>
File: 1613774010543.jpg (58 KB, 880x640)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>1369207
>Well goddamn, all of that shitflinging over a miscommunication.
Wouldn't be a normal day on /vrpg/ without some autistic arguing. Cheers.
>>
>>1368972
>>1368995
>archons can't own land
Good job proving the other guy right. Try playing the game instead of parroting dumb shit.
>>
>>1368208
>>1368282
PoE had portraits for important NPCs and no portraits for lesser ones. I believe Tyranny went with the 3D models instead in order to better depict momentary emotions, such as the NPC crossing their arms, making a rude gesture etc. It's an attempt at something, can't say I'm a fan of it. I like Deadfire's handdrawn portraits the most.
>>
what makes someone so invested in having a big argument about a videogame they don't like, instead of just moving on?
>>
>>1365504
POE1 was such a commercial success that they had to crowdfund the sequel. Truly a breakthrough for Obsidian!
>>
>>1369121
welcome to 4chan, 10% decent boomers, 40% underage zoomers copy and pasting memes replies, and 40% the dead-eyed, 40 year old excuses for sapience that bag your goods at Walmart. half the people on /lit/ don't read, half the people on /tv/ don't have their own streaming account, and half the people on /v/ don't ____ __________.

this site is only fun if you remember who you're dealing with
>>
pretty much all of the best fantasy manga is written by women (fullmetal alchemist, helck, dungeon meshi), and usually you can tell because the woman characters behave like women while the men behave like idealized little cuteboys who do funny little boy things and are a little silly. Anyway the Strong Woman stuff is just coomers.
>>
>retard have terrible taste in manga
welp
>>
>>1369714
what's some good manga then buddy?
>>
>>1369718
Attack on Titans
>>
>>1369722
Lol
>>
>>1369653
That's what fandoms are. Products is what they live for.
>>
>>1369657
Never underestimate the greed of publishers
>>
>>1369653
It's just shitposting
>>
>>1369657
To be fair that was the case for Divinity: Original Sin as well. Real question is why would they NOT crowdfund it? It's free money.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.