[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: fuck.jpg (37 KB, 640x354)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
ive marathoned whole trilogy of ME and moved on to Andromeda. Why does it feel so wrong? like everything is slightly off, dialogue straight up retarded written for( and probably by) zoomers. How did it go from Shepard to this abomination you have in ME A?
>>
>>1352366
Hamburger helper got the last laugh in the end.
>>
Made by a b team or c team. It's garbage and can't believe people still get it. Retarded.
>>
>>1352429
>b team or c team
Not even a d team could have fucked up this bad. They clearly didn't care at all.
>>
>>1352366
I did the same thing only I modded three so it ends with the citadel dlc and now I will wait for the new Mass Effect hoping that they will fire all those worthless writes and actually acquire someone who knows how to write.
Also did anybody else notice that dying light disappeared when Chris Avallone was fired that shows how important a writer who knows his shit is
>>
>>1352434
I checked and like all the guys who made the first 3 games were in the lead. How they fucked it up so bad in 5 years?(3 years active development ok)
>>
>>1352559
Dying light was in the dark long before Avelonne left probably (probably because polish fucks couldn't finish the game in time/it wasn't even ready when they showed "gameplay trailers"(just like cybercope 2018 gameplay demo) )
>>
>>1352366
I can't grasp it either. It's one thing that they didn't have the experience of directing the previous games, but the truly mindboggling part is that they, the BW D studio, couldn't even figure out what ME was, what made it fun, what made it work, or even just how to copy it. Imagine how furiously incompetent they must have been: they had all the code and everything from 3, all they needed was to copy that, make some cool changes that seemed "innovative" to the gameplay while leaving everything mostly the way it was. After that, make a god damn story where the protagonist is a badass hero/renegade. Done. Now you have an ME game; definitely not the best ME game, but a functioning one. Yet somehow they failed with even such a clear task. How is that possible?
>>
>>1352366
Every character talks like they were written to be the same person. Apart from accents/cadences to their voices, everyone's personality is interchangable. The quality of writing and storytelling is on par with a Mass Effect fan fiction. Companions are boring and/or downright annoying and the decisions you make as Ryder have almost zero impact on the story.

Also the main plot contradicts itself. You are a pathfinder, purposed to colonize planets and be the first to meet new alien lifeforms. The first planet you "find" has already been colonized and everyone at the hub already knows about the aliens who live there.
>>
>>1352366
I don't know, I couldn't stand to play it for more than an hour or so, then I uninstalled it.
>>
>>1352366
1>4>2>3
not even memeing
>>
It’s really not all that bad. If someone who hadn’t played the game read you they would believe you, but in fact you are greatly exaggerating. Is it the best ME? No, it isn’t. But that doesn’t mean it’s as terrible as some people make it out to be.
>>
>>1354233
I hope this is bait. Have you even played the game? It's horrible, in every aspect.
>>
>>1354233
But it just doesn't feel like the ME at all. Its like they "tried" to poorly remake the first game
(Cmon, they even name the enemy race like fuckin kett)
Like the whole game is a recycled version of me1, with bad protagonist that doesn't even compare to charismatic shepard at all. It was like torn out straight for some teen show.
Shepard with an N7 badge(which is not easy to get at all, with that you are basically considered the best of the best (right before spectre rank)) and a fucking teenager, with no real character, who should be considered worthy of being a main hero because her or his father was in N7 and thats it.
The whole game is written poorly (the guys on hyperion sending fucken scientists on the unknown planet, without any training in shooting, just to get wiped out completely by WHO WOULDVE GUESSED IT - a race of hostile creatures.)
The worst facial animations are just off putting as well, just looking at those robots is just wrong. Like they tried to manually do the facial animations for some reason, making them look like androids who "try" to act normal, but still fail.
And to the characters. They are all boring. And they feel like cheap remake of the previous ones. The peewee is just "wat if Liara was quirky and like funny more doe", nothing to say about the n-word guy, he is just retarded soulless guy who makes just bad jokes and has an English accent. And the short haired lesbo is bland as well as other 2 characters in the beginning.
I legitimately remember Corporal Jenkins from the first game intro better than any line this fags made throughout those boring 5 hours.
>>
>>1354218
You're not alone. Running around in the notMako doing menial tasks was so far above subjecting yourself to ME2 writing, that I even feel bad for the shit the devs got.
>>
>My face is tired

Literally what did she mean by this?
>>
>>1354218

There is no 4th game, troll. Checkmate.
>>
>>1352366
I dunno, but the exploration aspect was GOAT
>>
>>1354218
yeah, the first one was their peak desu. I didnt even find the overheat system that bad(probably better than 'thermal clips" shit) And the whole streamlining in the second is just the worst. The only redeeming thing of it is adding some quality of life features that removed unnecesarry boring stuff.
Also, the me3 is just all around better me2(if only they didnt fuck up the ending and retarded choice between geth and tali(lol, choose destroy ending - geth die, sucka, so you lose both "races").
>>
>>1354957
>corporal jenkins
F
>>
>>1352366
The writing team was 100% "woke" white women.
That's how you got such extreme and offensive virtue signaling.
There's only 2 things that were good about Andromeda:
>reactive leveling/class system
Being able to choose anything always that then fed into leveling the established classes that you could equip is much better than not having singularity for Vanguards because reasons.
>sexy grandpa krogan
Though they ruined that by not letting him be romancable. At least he wasn't just Wrex 3.0. Credit where it's due.
>>
>>1352366
the dialogue in all 4 mass effect games is awful
>>
>>1354986
The exploration aspect was terrible.
>>
File: download.png (995 KB, 1044x1044)
995 KB
995 KB PNG
>>1355173
This man would like a word with you
>>
>>1355157
Being able to choose everything was completely fucking stupid. Much better to do away with the 3 skill limit.
>>
I fucking loathe this series but I cant deny there was genuine charm in ME1.
>>
>>1353525
Hey ive read better mass effect fanfiction
>>
Mediocrity is invading the world since 2010.
>>
>>1355694
Bigger corpos, bigger markets bigger mediocrity.
>>
>>1352366
I'd like to give Andromeda another chance but it breaks my PC so I can't. There's a bug they were never able to solve that on some systems forces the CPU to run at 100%. So even my OC'd i9-9900k goes into complete overheat mode over it. I'm not going to risk breaking my fucking computer over a shitty game. And that it even happens is just further evidence of exactly how monumentally shitty that game truly is.
>>
>>1352366
Mass Effect 2 was the last Bioware game not catering to womeme or basedboys.
>>
>>1352366
2 and 3 also suck, also I can tell you are a zoomer (95’+) as well
>>
>>1352366
I went in expecting Mass Effect 4 and it just wasn't that. By this point I think it's a solid game for what it is but being a Mass Effect game I guess I was expecting Commander Shepard's story to continue. I'm uncertain if I will ever get around to beating it or just wait for the Legendary addition of the ME Trilogy to come out and binge that again until 4.
>>
Which ass affect has the gay krogan? That made me laugh hard
>>
>>1352366
After the backlash to the third game who would even want to write for it?
>>
>>1352593
They weren't leads, they were brought on to fix it and ship it after the real literally who devs fucked around for years and wasted money trying to create some sort of No Man's Sky exploration sim.
>>
>>1352366
Anon you are late to the party I'd say andromeda is arguably the worst sequel of all time. Honestly baffling how they took what should've been their flagship franchise and treated it so carelessly. Never mind the myriad graphical and tecchnical issues that plagued the games launch, the gameplay is bland, the characters are entirely forgettable, and the story fucking sucks.

That faggoty ass krogan vo will never not be funny tho.
>>
File: Zaeed Massani.jpg (300 KB, 751x1063)
300 KB
300 KB JPG
>>1355173
>Get a knife stuck in the right way and you can pull that plate right off a Krogan's head. It's the best way to get a Krogan to talk. The threat of it drives 'em mad.
>>
>>1356081
I honestly have no idea why peopled bitched about Kai Leng when he and Aria T'Loak exist. I love all those retarded edgelords though.
>>
>>1356087
Because kai was cringe enough to leave shepard emails talking about how bad ass he is.
>>
>>1356087
Zaeed's a middle aged mercenary who's just sharing old war stories with you as a fellow soldier. Aria and Kai are anime characters trying to convince you how dangerous and awesome they are.
>"don't fuck with Aria, who is I, for I refer to I'self in the third person!"
>"oh good, you opened it"
>>
>>1356023
well, didnt the "main team" made anthem? if so, i just would plainly give up on me4 and forget about them forever.
Also doesnt help that people are basically "quitting" from bioware(the recent ones being hudson and darrah).
>>
>>1355947
*female krogan. Crowbcat fans tend to miss context.
>>
>>1354965
>>1354971
>>1355018
yeah, while the companion writing in 2 is arguably at it's best and why it's a fan favourite (it used to be mine) after replaying the entire trilogy recently I just can't stand the shitty cover shooter combat and borked lore and story of 2/3.

the moment to moment gameplay of 1 and 4 is great and the overall writing and pacing of the story is good. 4 does a lot to recapture what I loved about 1 despite having tons of other issues I can look past. I want to feel like I'm discovering new worlds and uncovering secret plots, 1/4 are more star trek, 2/3 are just gears of war in space.
>>
>>1356400
well, doesnt help that the story is just previous games in a blender. Geth - Kett, also they do basically the same shit as the Collectors turning enemies in their race.
And dumbed down gameplay doesnt help - 3 slots for skills, cant use teammates skills at all now, everything is automatic and made for you
>>
>>1356087
>aria
>edgy
she's very hard to take seriously though, all these crime lords that operate in the open and twirl their mustache about it while no one can seemingly do anything about it has always seemed stupid. It was stupid in Star Wars, but doubly so in Mass Effect, because its a smaller Galaxy.
>>
>>1354957
>cpl Jenkings
Goddammit why did you have to make me feel this feel again
>>
Andromeda wasn't really developed by the Bioware that made the old games, but one of the newer Bioware offshoot studios. All of the talent at Bioware is basically gone, along with any hope of any good game to come out with Bioware's name on it
>>
I really liked the premise but other than that there was nothing left to like. I gave up somewhere after visiting slug people's homeworld. Just nothing compelling about anyone involved.

Also Sara Ryder is animated like she has a concussion. How do you fuck up like that?
>>
File: manveer heir.jpg (12 KB, 300x168)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>1352366
Somehow, this guy - whose job was combat and game mechanics - was the only one who did a good job.
>>
>>1359264
What is this? A twitter screenshot for ants?
>>
>>1359268
Yes, this is ant board.
>>
>>1356087
My problem with Kai is that the cutscenes act like he can hold up to shepard,when my shepard beat his ass 40 seconds after the fight started.
>>
>>1352366
one of the few games that i regretted even pirating
>>
I am trying to atleast enjoy what little good this game has. Like the snowy planet exploration is kinda cool(because fucking radiation on eos is retared -"oh no, you cant go there, you dont need to go there, its not like this game is about exploration, go do dumb dungeons because story tells you to")
BUT I FUCKING HATE THAT RETARDED DEVS DECIDED TO JUST NOT ADD A SIMPLE QUICK SAVE FUNCTION.
Every fucking time i need to go to the menu and push unnecessary buttons to do what couldve been done with a simple f5 click. Why they decided to do certain things the way they did? the most retarded way possible. Like, even the menu design already feels fuckin old, i just cant stand the UI, i dont want to go to the menu to navigate, its like it was from the game in 2000's.
>>
>>1359261
She's modelled after the Devs that made the game.
>>
>>1359264
Based curry thunder bait
>>
>>1355346
He can sit his ass back on the bench like he always did in my game. All that buildup about how he’s the best of the best assassin ever and he was total shit
>>
>>1356106
>kai leng
Lmao that nigga eatin cereal
>>
>>1357332
The republic had other things to do then send an army out to the ass end of the outer rim just to take out Jabba the Hutt, and someone else would have stepped up after they left
>>
>>1356176
Casey was the main problem with anthem iirc, it was his 'dream game' and kept going back to the drawing board because he had no real idea what he was doing and couldn't get it to live up to the perfect image he had in his mind.
>>
>>1361565
That's due to the Mass Effect 3 writers giving Kai Leng plot armor and forcing a sacrifice into the game. No idea why it had to be Thane when there are less interesting characters they could have killed off instead. Maybe because he was already dying and they thought it would be poetic? Who knows what those writers were thinking.
>>
>>1352366
There really should a Worst Game of the Year award.
>>
>>1352366
>Why does it feel so wrong?
I can make a full review if you want.
Short answer: it was done by the amateurs. People without much experience or skill.
Basically, it's a Mass Effect fanfiction in the form of a video game.
A good case study of what not to do. If I ever decide to create my own RPG, I will spend at least a few hours combing through this one to contrast and compare.
>>
>>1361565
>total shit
>warp
>sniping
>total shit
Thane is one of the best squaddies in 2.
>>
>>1352429
>Made by a b team or c team
i think this is cope, honestly. the a team simply doesn't exist anymore
>>
>>1355388
Check out "Mass Effect: Newton's Laws" trilogy and the prequels.
>>
Is ME3 enjoyable? I liked 1 and 2, I like the world of Mass Effect. Never played 3, though. Thinking of replaying them all but all the 3 hate scares me. I know the ending is bad, but is the rest of the game like that?
>>
>>1365505
>Is ME3 enjoyable?

kind of, less than 1 and 2 though
combat is more fluid but less balanced and easier
writing is much worse overall, its not just the ending thats dumb, Mordin probably got hit the hardest to the point he sounds like a different character altogether, fan-fiction tier

anyways no reason for you to play it now, just pirate the Legendary Edition
>>
>>1365505
its miles better than anything else released in the last few years, so yeah i say go for it.
>>
>>1365413
If only he had the AI to use warp / push on primed enemies on CD by himself he would be flawless.
>>
>>1352366
Because Shepard as a character already has a proven track record and is a fucker who can get shit done. MC in andromeda is a bumblefuck who is objectively less important than their dad in every possible way and was not critical to the mission. Proving said dad knew how retarded their mission was and took the easy way out upon realizing his mistake.
>>
>>1365505
ME3 is great, best combat of the series. The pacing is a bit weird though, and the gated progression is annoying.
>>
>>1365416
In terms of writing you're correct, the a team left and formed the studio that made the Banner Saga series which is why those games if nothing else have good writing and characterization.
>>
>>1365505
To play? Yes, it's actually a lot of fun. Story? Ehhhh.
>>
>>1361361
you know why. muh consoles. muh story mode difficulty. muh games should be accessible to everyone and therefore made for braindead retards
>>
>>1365357
Yeah, honestly, the fanfiction comparison suits this game the best, from the useless character who is absolutely misplaced in the whole "mission" to the point of the "initiative" created and led by retards who decide to sent unarmed ships fucking nowhere, throwing scientists at another hostile race compiled of "not collectors lol, its get...KETT".
i noticed a lot of people are liking exploration aspect, but desu its kinda mediocre:shitty radiation/temp mechanics to block the player from "doing what they want and "EXPLORE", moving the scanner to the car from the ship, shitty remade of mako (which i must say - the mako only missions on the planets in me1 were fucking brilliant game design compared to the mundane bullshit you have to deal driving this shit, which HAS TO COMPROMISE BETWEEN SPEED AND BETTER CLIMBING ABILITIES 600 years AFTER ME1.
The same year fucking BOTW released and this fags looked at it and decided - "hmm, lets add fucking giand blue barrier which you cant cross at all and just get despawned back to the border, its not like this game mainly promotes its exploration part."
I was highly dissapointed with what bioware did to me3 story(after the tali vs geth choice(because i fucking didnt do legion loyalty shit and accidentally killed tali in favor of metal cunts(who would die anyway in the destroy ending, fuck them all in bioware for that).
But andromeda really outdid me3, placing it at the bottom for being ifuckindunnowhat, retarded long lost cousin of original games with wheels instead of legs.
>>
>>1365505
yes, but I'd suggest waiting for legendary, especially if you're not on pc because the dlc makes the game way better and it costs an arm and a leg if you can't sail the high seas for it. it's also pretty buggy unmodded. if you are on pc though I'd suggest getting the original for multiplayer if nothing else, it's still really fun and active, and you can feel free to cheat engine yourself credits to make the unlocks flow faster.

you definitely want all dlc though, in particular the Leviathan dlc raises the ending from 'dogshit' to 'somewhat bad', the Citadel dlc has some of the best characterization across all three games, and the best squadmate is locked behind dlc as well. the writing is on par overall but you can definitely tell there's something missing from ME1/ME2 (I think it's Chris L'Etoile). most of the complaints against the characters are pretty baseless, the real problem is that the game is blatantly unfinished in certain areas. you can tell the devs ran out of money after the first act because the game goes from being pretty well-polished to looking clunky as fuck.
>>
>>1365742
funny how the first game was scambox exclusive for like half a year.
>>
>>1365505
Yes, it's pretty good, especially core gameplay on PC, which I suspect wasn't fully intentional on the Bioware part.
Go play it.
>>
>>1365505
If you enjoy the character interactions then it's the best out of the trilogy. The third game does a good job of having your squadmates interact amongst themselves more. You'll find them moving around the Normandy, cracking jokes and having full conversations with each other.

Some squadmates got done dirty like Thane and Mordin, but if you kept all of them alive from Mass Effect 2 then I think you'll really enjoy Mass Effect 3. Also the genophage arc is probably the most satisfying point in the entire trilogy.
>>
>>1365754
the one thing that pisses me off about the remaster is that they're opting to tweak aim assist in ME1 instead of altering enemy AI patterns. you can really tell that game was designed for console only because of how the enemies are constantly strafing and aim assist is high. it's built for steady stick movement, not precision. decreasing enemy speed but making their movements more unpredictable would go a long way toward improving 1's gameplay.
>>
>>1365447
what is it about?
>>
>>1359264
too small to read anything you fag
>>
>>1366099
It's about Newton's laws.
>>
>>1367360
i hate you anon.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.