[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1613782414328.jpg (22 KB, 200x256)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
Because /v/ clearly doesn’t want to talk about video games.
>>
Valkyrie Profile 2 is arguably one of the best arpgs out there.
>>
i love valkyrie profile but its been so many years i have nothing to say about it anymore which is why i dont make threads on it
good game everyone should play it
>>
>>1348673
Of course not. /v/ is a politics board.
>>
File: 11738.jpg (37 KB, 225x330)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>1348722
I really didn't care for Valkyrie Profile 2.

>>1348673
Badrach best boy. He had an amusing backstory, good voice lines, and made farming gems and crystals a breeze, I don't even care that his PWS was dogshit. I also liked Gwendal. Guess I have a soft spot for asshole mercs in this series.
>>
Covenant of the Plume is an underrated gem and was the successor Silmeria wishes it were.
>>
>>1348673
overrated as fuck. a pig with lipstick
>>
>>1348673
Why would ever try to talk about video games on /v/?
>>
>>1348790
I should give it another try. Got too annoyed with a "NPC must survive" mission and quit.
>>
>>1348722
It's also not an ARPG.
It is actually a great platformer though.
>>
>>1349371
Yeah those are the worst. There was one with Rosea I think that was just awful. Luckily most aren't quite that bad.
>>
>>1348769
He had maybe the best backstory in the game even if he sucked in combat aside for getting crystals.

Evil characters in this game were all over power as fuck.
>>
File: lezard.jpg (108 KB, 1024x768)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>1348769
I liked Lezard's story in VP2 but I certainly don't get why the main cast and crew turn against him when literally everyone is against the gods and wanted a new world. Maybe something was lost in translation but I'll never know.
>>
>>1348722
Easily my favorite game of all time.
>>
>>1354422
You said it, they turned against him because he became a god and you know how gods are in VP. In addition, his new dimension was destroying VP1 Lenneth's dimension (and presumably the VP2 dimension too), so even more reason to destroy him.
>>
>>1354422
>>1354512

I played VP2 without playing the original and had no idea who Lezard was. The betrayal completely caught me off guard. I was livid.
>>
File: Lezard being based.jpg (559 KB, 800x600)
559 KB
559 KB JPG
>>1354422
>I certainly don't get why the main cast and crew turn against him when literally everyone is against the gods
Well, Lezard stole Odin's power in order to become a god himself so...
And you wouldn't want a rabid, obsessive, megalomaniac waifufag as your creator god either.
>>
Shame the PSP version is trash.
>>
>>1348790
I agree. I will admit I fucking hated the game at first because I stubbornly tried to A-Path my first playthrough. The Lieselotte fight is fucking absurd if you didn't meet the Sin requirement on the previous battle.
>>
>>1348673
Post Valkyrie panties.
>>
VP:Hrist when? Never, I already made my peace with this series
>>
>>1348790
Covenant of the Plume has one of the best arranged soundtracks Sakuraba ever made.
>>
Are they ok to emulate?
>>
>>1357221
The original and CotP emulate perfectly, VP2 is rough. It's playable, but you'll have to live with some pretty intense graphical issues.
>>
File: VP.jpg (332 KB, 722x1000)
332 KB
332 KB JPG
>>1357221
>>1357223
VP2 can be made to emulate well, but it might take a specific build of PCSX2.
>>
File: 0.png (145 KB, 332x446)
145 KB
145 KB PNG
>tfw VP2 port never
I'm like halfway through VP1 but knowing that one day I'll have to emulate the sequel and it'll probably run like shit is discouraging as fuck.
>>
>>1357201
REEEEEEE
>>
File: lezar.png (144 KB, 441x222)
144 KB
144 KB PNG
>>1354512
>>1356018
They didn't even know that he was destroying their world till later. When they go up to him the first time they all reject him and act like he's causing them nothing but issues. despite the fact that he is the one who saved ALL their asses from getting trapped by Freya and curb stomped by Odin.

It wasn't until they ALL rejected him that he went nutso and was fine with killing everyone but his lady valkyrie. He probably would have been a lot more chill if everyone was more respectful towards him. ya know?
>>
File: 1568406315405.png (278 KB, 382x400)
278 KB
278 KB PNG
>>1363082
>He probably would have been a lot more chill if everyone was more respectful towards him.
>Lezard
>Chill
Nigga we're talking about the man who:
>Murdered his former teacher (who did him no wrong) by luring her into her tower after kidnapping his husband and turning him into a murderous abomination so that they would kill each other, all to lure Lenneth to him
>Invited his former classmate for a friendly chat then locked her into her soul projection machine and killed her off right there so that she wouldn't snoop around in his tower
>Kidnapped, tortured and experimented on countless elves just to create the perfect loli vessel in order to fuck Lenneth
>Deliberately planned Lenneth's awakening and rebellion against the gods, biding his time and playing 7d chess in order to leap between dimensions
>Abused said dimensional time loop to go into another continuity just to become a god in order to fuck Lenneth
>Used Lenneth's sister and her friends for the sole purpose of killing Odin and becoming a god, in order to fuck Lenneth
>Didn't care about destroying not one but two dimensions as long as he could stick his dick into Lenneth
Lezard is not chill nigga, and if you believe a single word of what he says you're not just a fool, you're a double fool, all Lezard cares about is fucking Lenneth, he has no humanity or any compassion to speak of, he never cared for Alicia/Silmeria&Co and the fact that they turned against him merely showed his true nature.
>>
How many voiced lines does VP1 have? The PSP emulator runs like shit for me and psx has no undub apparently. I wanted to strangle someone as soon as I heard the voice acting during the prologue so im trying to decide between cancer and kidney stones.
>>
>>1363135
the Valkyrie Profile series is just
>what 0 pussy does to a mf: the Game
imagine simping for divine coochie so hard that you cross dimensions and ascend to (and fall from) godhood
>>
>>1363264
How is it even possible to have a device that can't run PPSSPP of all things in 2021?
>>
>>1363264
The undub patch crashes at the final cutscene of an ending (which doesn't really screw you out of anything, but still), and doesn't translate the cool in-battle dialogue. Take it from me, don't play the undub.
>>
>>1363264
There is an undub for the PS1 version.
https://nyaa.si/view/1340460
>>
>>1363264
I found it unberable at first too but trust me it'll grow on you eventually. As poor and unprofesional it may be at times it's part of the charm the game has.
>>
>>1363296
I don't have a laptop and ill be on a trip for a while. Never had the need for a good phone until now. PPSSPP shits the bed whenever there's effects like the teleport, idle bubble effect like the one freiya has or in some battles for no apparent reason.

>>1363298
Does the audio still play? I do know some nip.

>>1363304
Doesn't it have a lot of unpatched crashes? I was lead to believe that given how it doesn't seem to be in the usual places, yet the PSP version by the same author is there. Anyone got some personal experience with it?

>>1363371
>it'll grow on you eventually
Thats what im hoping for, or at least hope the game doesn't have that many voiced lines.
>>
>>1348722
I was so pissed, I was playing on an emulator and the anti cheat function corrupted my save file in one of rhe later chapters just went the game was really starting to hit its stride. It was good enough to have me considering buying a physical copy.
>>
File: 275511.jpg (20 KB, 480x272)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>1363371
>it's part of the charm the game has.
"I just waaant to forGET...forGET...IIIT....awwllllll..."

You could really tell it was tye same VA cast as Pokemon, especially with some characters, like Jelanda(Misty) and Mystina(Jessie). The worst had to be Ash Ketchum screaming about his mer-wife. Oh, and Aelia's Soul Crush reminded me of that one Herbal Essence commercial. You know the one. I loved some of the voices though. Most were so bad they were good, but I genuinely liked Lezard's. Shame the VA joined the 41% club.

I can see how someone that already hates mediocre dubs would wanna visit the Weeping Lillies listening to it though.
>>
>>1363688
>Shame the VA joined the 41% club.
That's probably less-important than the whole "no longer alive" thing.
>>
>>1363722
I thought it was suicide, hence the aforementioned statistic.
>>
>>1363656
Apparently you could avoid that by turning off cheatcodes and other settings in the emulator. What a fuckin disaster, reminds me of Earthbound.
>>1363688
>Shame the VA joined the 41% club.
Damn what a pity. It's one of my faves so far, had to take a listen to his VP2 voice for comparison sake. Not bad, I liked the little I heard.
>>
>>1365072
Yeah its super messed up that the default emulator settings trigger the anticheat.
>>
>>1348790
I love this game so much but it’s so depressing.
>>
>>1363135
>>1363290
If a man did all this for some God's Pusspuss then it must be TIGHT!

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.