[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

[Advertise on 4chan]


Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.


[Advertise on 4chan]


File: ca.jpg (7 KB, 211x239)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
He was let go from Pathfinder: WotR
>>
KWAB
>>
>As many of our friends and colleagues from the industry, we are shocked by the allegations about Chris Avellone. Chris has contributed a lot to the RPG genre in his career, including our first game Pathfinder: Kingmaker, and his reputation never allowed us to expect any of this ever to happen. We at Owlcat do not condone sexual misconduct in any form. At the same time, we don’t uphold taking rushed actions based on allegations, and we will continue monitoring the situation closely to make an informed decision.
>>
>>1340832
i'm pretty sure owlcat made a non-commital "we are no longer affiliated with avellone" quite a lot of time after twitteral whos would give a shit because he has actually literally done his job
for the last decade avellone has been a contractor who only does companions/sidequests so that every other rpg can put WRITTEN BY CHRIS AVELLONE in promo material
>>
File: Sdog.png (221 KB, 364x394)
221 KB
221 KB PNG
>>1340832
It makes no difference. He's never being hired again anyways.
>>
>>1340832
>they actually got rid of him
his localization touch ups were awful, so that's great
no sympathy deserved after blatantly simping for his accusers too
>>
>>1340900
They fired him https://youtu.be/SamukLtVqh8?t=4650
>>
What has Avellone really done the last few years besides just a few bit things here and there? The last few games he was attached to, it was "scenario idea" or "wrote this character". Man hasn't done anything major since honestly KOTOR2.
>>
>>1340935
All she says here is that Avellone worked on WotR, did his job as a narrative consultant and was let go. It's quite different to all the other places where they blacklisted him and deleted all his participation.
>>
>>1340922

And unfortunately Josh "exploit real women, but not video game women" Sawyer will keep being given projects and having low IQ tards thinking he is good. Sad.
>>
>>1340982
Yes they were nice about firing him. He also stated in an interview that his job was to edit and polish all the writing Owlcat did which he clearly can't do now if he was let go.
>>
>>1340987
He's a Microsoft employer now, that's punishment enough.
>>
>>1341628
200,000 dollars a year what a punishment
>>
File: 1590924048803.jpg (93 KB, 897x835)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
Where's the evidence he did any wrongdoing? He wasn't convicted of anything. Fuck MeToo and all its enablers.
>>
>>1340832
This is why I'll pirate this but not buy. Fuck metoo faggotry
>>
>>1340832
>implying Paizo would let them keep him
>>
Owlcuck is just as bad as any western dev, expect that those can actually make functional game
What happened to MCA is sad, but on the hand he didn't made anything relevant since Alpha Protocol, i have yet to play tyranny tho
>>
>>1341682
As far as I can tell even if Chris is guilty of everything he's accused of, it would only make him a bad boyfriend. Something I don't give a shit about.
>>
>>1340832
Wop wop
>>
>>1340832
wasn't he just a consultant?
>>
>>1341682
Seethe
>>
>>1341682
He’s just as big of a faggot as any other BioWare employee or alumnus. Don’t think for a second he’s crypto-based. He’s just a sloppy drunk being put out to pasture.
>>
>>1341711
Kingmaker shills pretending all the garbage in their games come from Paizo are as ridiculous as BioWare shills blaming all their shit on EA.
>>
>>1340832
Why did they let him go from the game? Did he protest against it being the cuck game where the farmer girl cucks you?
>>
File: Dk7LW-JV4AE5m-C.jpg (89 KB, 750x537)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>1340832
This is a problem.
Pathfinders writing and narrative design was already subpar, but now it's definately going to be worse unless they get someone else to help them.

Massive red flag for the game.
>>
>>1341854
Both are true.
>>
>>1341881
Yeah bro, I can just imagine the conversation between an MBA holding 55 year old manger to a BioWare writer “great game kid, but what it really lacks is a slimy gay Minotaur into bdsm. Add that in immediately and no excuses!”
>>
>>1341899
That's exactly what happened.
>>
>>1341863
He protested against it not being a cuck game. This is a guy who gets accused of regret rape and sides with his accuser.
>>
>>1341911
what I recall happening is ea said “hey guys, gals and others, you said this game would be done 3 months ago and at 80% of your current expenses. Time to ship!
>>
>>1341899
>“great game kid, that slimy gay Minotaur into bdsm will surely gives a brownie points and free advertisement among the alphabet community!"
FTFY
>>
>>1341899
Kingmaker has that?
>>
>attempt to engage in relations with direct underling in a corporate setting
>scandal isn't about that part even slightly, it's about whether it was mutual or consensual flirtation despite all signs pointing at mutual
This is the problem right here. Stupid as shit.
>>
>>1341948
no, but dragon age inquistion does
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV_xrEU5o2g&t
>>
>>1341950
The real issue were the drunken vulgar messages he sent. That sealed his fate.

When even highly valued directors like James Gunn can get fired for 10 year old twitter jokes, even with the cast going to bat for him, you'd have to be full-blown retarded to send the messages Avellone did.
>>
>>1341965
>a 45 minute youtube video will surely save his career
>>
>>1341948
No. Kingmaker has a cuckolding romance where you get cucked by a girl who gets impregnated by a farmer. Dragon Age Inquisition has a gay romance where you get fucked in the asshole by a literall black bull.
>>
>>1341981
"Drunken vulgar messages" as a plural? Really? There was more than one? Where?

And they were to a person who had previously called him her boyfriend in another life and had joked about the possibility of him sending her dick pics.
>>
>>1340935
Sounds like he did his job as a consultant and that was the end of the contract you fucking smooth brain.
>>
>>1342045
are you retarded? have you actually played the game? that ending only happens if you decided not to romance Valerie AND she failed all her quests
>>
>>1342061
His job was to edit the writing of the entire game brainlet. The writing isn't finished yet so he never finished the job
>>
Take your meds
>>
>>1342064
Huh? Are we not talking about the same game? Where one ending is her taking over as the new king, ruling the country without you and refusing to give you a kid and where the other is her cucking you and getting impregnated by the farmer.
>>
>>1342129
>ruling the country without you
>refusing to give you a kid
Where are you getting this? Nowhere does it say this. It just says you're not in a hurry. Nowhere does it imply that you will never have children. You're still the main ruler, she just helps you out.
>her cucking you
>getting impregnated by the farmer
How does she cuck you if you never even romanced her? You have to fuck up literally every part of her questline to get that ending, cuckbrain. You've never played the game.
>>
>>1340941
he created the whole world for Tyranny which is obsidians most original RPG. Honestly you could say that Tyranny is their only original idea. unless you consider outer worlds (lol) an original setting.
>>
File: 1566935702250.webm (1.79 MB, 1280x720)
1.79 MB
1.79 MB WEBM
>>1342045
>>1342129
https://arch.b4k.co/vrpg/search/text/%22cuck%20game%22/
>>
File: 1609059335067.gif (3.08 MB, 420x431)
3.08 MB
3.08 MB GIF
>>1342186
What manner of mental illness is this?
>>
>>1342255
Autism.
>>
>>1342059
So go ahead and do what he did then. Pretend the world won't react in a certain way.
>>
>>1342325
He just got metoo'd, with no evidence of anything. What you're saying is: be a neorotic wreck, because you can be fired and ostracized arbitrarily at any point. That applies to you too, btw, regardless of the "identities" you possess.
>>
>>1342464
The evidence hunt ultimately doesn't matter because Avellone himself admitted to it on Twitter while rather pathetically begging for forgiveness from his accusers.
There's no one to blame but himself.
>>
>>1341878
>Massive red flag for the game
As opposed to them using a literal BG3 roastie writer? Like, say, CDPR, Owlcat is keen on integrating into the larger Western vidya industry. No way they'd keep Avellone, he's a designated scapegoat.
>>
>>1342480
>Owlcat is keen on integrating into the larger Western vidya industry
so a massive red flag for the game?
>>
>>1342180
>Original.

Anon, read the Black Company series and change the setting from Medieval to Bronze Age. BAM, you have Tyrrany's setting.
>>
>>1342476
Oh yeah, I keep forgetting that the justice system now runs on school girl clique/rumor mill rules. But do remember, professionals typically have no fucking clue about what's going on, they are busy doing their job. Remember the "Google memo" guy? Avellone may well be like that. It's not obvious you shouldn't appear weak or apologize online.
>>
>>1342493
Everyone in the industry started speaking shit about him once the accusations started happening.
>>
>>1342503
game developers being backstabbing cunts isn't proof of anything
>>
>>1342493
>It's not obvious you shouldn't appear weak or apologize online.
Apologies for your tism
>>
>>1342503
>>1342512
Because they are cowards and probably already on edge due to excessive Twitter use. Scapegoats are desirable, in part because they redirect attention from YOU.
>>1342513
Oh? Humility and even self-deprecation are part of social behavior, when used sparingly. When someone appears to react negatively to something you did, it's not necessarily dumb to apologize. Twitter space and pozzed HR departments aren't normal.
>>
File: 1.jpg (512 KB, 700x1036)
512 KB
512 KB JPG
>>1342071
>>>1342061 (You)
No as she says in the video, He was a narrative consultant. Which is consistent with a lot of his previous work. For KM he was a narrative designer and wrote one of the companions, i'm guessing Amiri as he mentions her constantly as an option to join the party in the pre-release interviews for KM. This is probably also why Amiri is NOT a romance option.

In interviews before his attempted cancellation The WOTR team says Chris is basically reprising his role (narrative designer + one companion). Since the narrative for WOTR has more module bones then KM my guess is the narrative design was set pretty early so he probably spent his time working on the companion.

The interesting thing is that WOTR features a very similar character to one he's written in the past. Fall-from-Grace from PS:T. My guess is he finished writing that and they took his work and said thanks and that was the end of the contract. I'd even say they probably built the romance ontop of his work since he hates writing romances.

So finished work on WOTR? Yes.
Fired? No.
>>
>>1342503
>accusations
So worthless trash.
>>
lol who cares the dude is nearly worth 2 million. So his reputation was ruined in a rotating door industry where talent comes and goes. There isn't a single game designer to date where with a consistent record in producing quality games.
>>
>>1342575
>the dude is nearly worth 2 million
That's called "being an average homeowner". If your net worth is sub 10 million then it's effectively nothing. I have a net worth of 1.2 million but am living from paycheque to paycheque.
>>
File: 9Ddx3qlWh.jpg (49 KB, 826x506)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>1342575
>who cares if you can ruin a man's entire career over a flirtatious text message he sent while drunk
>>
When the allegation happened and Owlcat didn't fire him immediately, a discord campaign was organized to scare Owlcat into compliance, it was mostly filled with twitter faggots. There were talks of forcing other devs, publishers and journos to blacklist Owlcat employees through coordinated attacks. I'm guessing Avellone quietly fell on his sword to save Owlcat the trouble.
>>
>>1342559
The Russian dangerhair in the video has some interesting body language when answering the question. No way they didn't snub the guy in some way.
>>
>>1340832
Areelu still feels steeped in his writing so it's cool
>>
>>1342587
lol you don't own shit you retarded neet. I have over 200k invested in stock market and not even 10 percent chris fagellones wealth and I defintely don't live paycheck to paycheck.

There actual people who literally lost their lives over woke culture like the charlotteville protesters. whooptedo to the #metood celebs. It still sucks but realize they have substantianlly more wealth then normal people.
>>
Reminder that Avellone also shoved his hand down a drunk woman's pants, the "drunk texts" meme is a deliberate attempt to obfuscate what he's accused of doing
>>
>>1342625
Proof?
>>
>>1342598
Yeah for sure. The person asking was clearly fishing for some information so she gave the safest and probably most accurate answer. I read that as "I don't want to create a political situation out of nothing." more than her having a personal problem with the situation. Having watched a bunch of the streams she seems to be very mild mannered and calm person.

That being said Owlcat probably ended on terms that was convenient for both them and Chris. As I don't really think Owlcat has the bandwidth to be so divisive with it's audience. Either his defender or throw him under the bus. Hence their political non answer when asked about the allegations. I think they probably just want to make a successful game.
>>
>>1342625
NO NOT THE PANTS
>>
>>1342631
Where is Avellon’s statement refuting any of the accusations ?
>>
>>1342609
>the most elite people in society can be destroyed by a tweet so why should we care
Probably because if you don't stop this from happening, it will happen to one of us some day.
>>
>>1342559
Avellone's character on Kingmaker was Nok-Nok
>>
>>1341737
Tyranny is decent, but the combat is garbage. It's pretty sad, Avellone talked about Tyranny and he's mentioned how they didn't really receive much funding for the project and they had to cut a lot of shit. Inter office politics fucked with the game.
>>
File: 1611536515826.png (84 KB, 300x325)
84 KB
84 KB PNG
>>1341682
He admitted guilt and humiliated himself, so now rightists won't defend him because he's a pussy and leftists won't defend him because he's guilty.
>>
>>1342694
he has none
if anything, he supported the accusers
>>
>>1342694
>accusations
All I know is the inappropriate drunk text. Drunk texts shouldn't even be an issue.
>>
>>1342719
Several accusations were reported in the news along with the texts.
Jim Sterling mentioned knowing of another that was not reported on.
Other devs on twitter spoke of other things that didn’t want to go public.
>>
>>1342714
A confession is not enough for a conviction. I've sent dozens of texts like that in my life and I've never been to jail.
>>
>>1342747
Avellone isn’t in jail either people just don’t want to work with him anymore
>>
>>1342756
>"""""""""""""""people"""""""""""""""
>>
>>1342742
>Several accusations were reported in the news along with the texts.
Wow, more lies reportedy by media. Shocking!

>Jim Sterling mentioned knowing of another that was not reported on.
>treating this retarded fat tranny seriously

>Other devs on twitter spoke of other things that didn’t want to go public.
If these backstabbing cunts didn't go to the courthouse, their bullshit is worth a shit.

tldr: you're a dumbfuck
>>
>>1342742
>Jim Sterling
Lol
>>
>>1342742
Look, Jim Sterling is a kind of guy who would throw his mother under the bus if it gives him publicity.
>>
>>1341682
he idiot he could just say fuck off to her instead he started acting like cuck .. it is shame becouse i really like his writing
>>
>>1342797
>Wow, more lies reportedy by media. Shocking!
Where is Chris Avellone statement defending himself?
>>
>>1342891
because he's self-flagellating cuck? it doesn't make his accusers right though lol
>>
>>1342897
You certainly love to simp for your cuck
>>
>>1342811
>Jim Sterling is a kind of guy
>guy
OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>1342875
In his case, probably. He's not enough of a thorn in sjw's collective ass to really go after, so he fucked himself with apologies and generally submissive behavior.
>>
>>1340832
stop caring about washed up game devs
start caring about games
>>
>>1342907
>let's enable backstabbing, lying whores because accused is a cuck
retard
>>
>>1342907
Well, you tolerate bullshit, you get weaker each time you do it. The more YOU rejoice when someone is scapegoated for no reason, the more you are terrified it might happen to you. And rightly so, because it might. And it's partly on you, because you've chosen to be a coward, again and again.
>>
>>1342921
How are you going to get good games made when the whole industry is full of incestuous cocksuckers?
>>
>>1342929
law of large numbers
enough monkeys typing on a keyboard will eventually shit out a good game
>>
>>1342921
>stop caring about washed up game devs
>start caring about games
If you care about games you have to care about the devs.
It's not like replacing factory workers with new bodies, since juniors or bad devs don't compensate for talent/experience. Talented seniors is what results in quality games.
>>
Don't worry an east European noodle arm Codex conspiracy theorist with autism acquitted him of all charges.
>>
>>1342998
Well, good luck with that.
>>
>>1343065
kek
>>
>>1341628
>>1341634
>>1340987
>>1340922
What did Josh do? Why was he fired? I'm out of the loop here
>>
>>1343075
Josh wasn't fired he was promoted.
Avellone was fired from Obsidian and from Owlcat.
>>
>>1343065
What charges?
>>
>>1343078
The charge of being horny on main
>>
>>1342912
he doesn't know... let it be..
>>1342811
people forget how slimey that fucker was in 2000s
>>
>>1343077
what was he promoted for? having pillars2 selling less than kingmaker?
>>
>>1343099
Josh is a design director. He's one of their most senior designers and one of their better leads/directors.
He basically oversees all of their game projects and helps the other directors when needed.

Also not sure how the Kingmaker comment is relevant, since it's easily the worse written and designed game out of the two. Kingmaker is quantity and ambition, not quality. Even the titular Kingdom system is absolute trash.
>>
>>1343178
Keep seething Sawyer
>>
>>1343186
Cope Pyotr, kingdom management is way more enjoyable and rewarding in PoE than pathfinder.
>>
>>1343078
That's the point, what charges indeed. Can't be guilty if you weren't charged.
>>
>>1343099
>>1343178
Josh was promoted to office retirement. Now he just gives other teams his opinion and they can discard it and ignore him. He gets paid though.
>>
>>1343201
lucky motherfucker, imagine getting to a 200k position from writing item descriptions in icewinddale
>>
>>1340832
>owlcatniggers will defend this
>>
>>1342476
He admitted to a bad break-up with Karissa's friend, noting it was the real fuel for Karissa's accusations:

https://twitter.com/ChrisAvellone/status/1274234945985118208

That has nothing to do with admitting to anything else.

>>1342503
No, everybody just started saying they used to see him drunk at parties a lot. They had no idea about him ever groping anyone.

>>1342718
He said this in an email to a friend:

> That said, I have never broken consent with anyone, and Karissa’s story misrepresents what happened between us, with an understandable motivation.

>>1343065
His own niece wrote a "thank you" comment on that video, but keep it up with the "conspiracy theorist" nonsense.
>>
you have to understand, Slavic monkeys act like literal niggers around women, like it’s just considered normal for bosses to demand sex from their underlings in the Potatozone. So naturally they are very anxious about any rollback of that “culture “.
>>
>>1343251
american hands wrote this
>>
>>1343285
A FAS addled inbred “””thought”” of this post.
>>
>>1343213
Yep Josh is the slacker who could.
>>
>>1343227
Just look at yourself, look at what you're doing and hope you're not autistic so you can actually realize how cringe you are.
>>
>>1343251
>beta screeching about slavic niggers from his cuckshed
rather hilarious
>>
>>1343312
Explain why you feel that way so I can see if your assumptions make any sense at all.
>>
>>1343293
I'd rather be alcoholic than obese, uneducated, diabetic, and addicted to opioids, like Americans.
>>
>>1343346
>haha I figured out the poster on the American website is American! Truly I’m the cleverest boy in the village, even more so than Ivan Ivanovitch, the town rapist!
>>
>>1343359
https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/rape-statistics-by-country

Sorry, John Smith, your country is far ahead of any Slavland in terms of rape.
>>
>>1342559
arue doesn't spend half the game whining about the true nature of sucking demon cocks in hell and demanding that you only suck exactly half the cocks around you because strong beliefs are evil, don't think she's written by Avellone.
>>
>>1343227
>He said this in an email to a friend:
>> That said, I have never broken consent with anyone, and Karissa’s story misrepresents what happened between us, with an understandable motivation.
Where is your proof
>>
>>1343409
I'm not going to show you a screenshot of an email without permission, but you can see for yourself that his niece appreciated the exoneration video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV_xrEU5o2g&lc=UgyZh_TXnZB6lj2rJFN4AaABAg.9Gj1wu3iJfS9GjpFf2lSbz
>>
File: Meatball.jpg (31 KB, 512x512)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>1343359
>SLAVS ARE VIOLENT SAVAGES
He said, before engaging in a riot, participating in a school shooting, and then signing up to be deployed in "peacekeeping" operations in which he shoots a few brown children before returning home to join the police force and shoot a few brown children.
>>
>>1343449
If I wanted advice from the potatozone, I’d be asking questions like “what’s the best way to strip copper wire from
abandoned apartment complexs?” Or “for how many turnips should I pimp my sister to Chechen gangsters for?”
>>
>>1343449
Both slavs and americans are violent shits and both countries are massively corrupt in their own ways. Pot calling the kettle black doesn't change this.
>>
>>1342186
incredibly sad
>>
>>1343497
All statistic related to violent crimes, murder, rape etc., as well as prison populations, are through the roof when compared to every Slav country - even Russia.

>>1343470
The US is literally the only country in the world where cuckolding is a major fetish, so you're projecting HARD here, John Smith. Also, you're the fucking biggest coomers in the world.

https://cs.phncdn.com/insights-static/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/1-pornhub-insights-2019-year-review-top-20-countries-traffic.png
>>
>>1343525
>All statistic related to violent crimes, murder, rape etc., as well as prison populations, are through the roof when compared to every Slav country - even Russia.
Pot. Kettle. Black.
>>
>>1343227
>No, everybody just started saying they used to see him drunk at parties a lot. They had no idea about him ever groping anyone.
And Jim Sterling saying had own sources add to the accusations?
>>
>>1343525
>pimping your sister is considered “cuckoldry” in the potatozone
I knew they were inbred, but wow
>>
>>1343544
>believing tranny fatass
what a moron
>>
>>1343544
Squishy Jim is a liar and a fraud.
>>
>>1343553
>listen here americanski.... NOBODY fucks my sister EXCEPT ME!
>>
>>1343556
>>1343561
>finding it hard to believe that someone that's drunk can behave like a retard
>>
File: 0pjtnfy3_400x400.jpg (24 KB, 400x400)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>1343470
At least we actually get those turnips, rather than letting our wives get fucked for free.
>>
>>1343590
We doubt the claims of liars and opportunists. Shocking, I know.
>>
>>1343544
All Jim Sterling said was that he heard from someone that Chris was a creep at parties, which isn't a coherent reinforcement of anything.

I've been called a creep for defending Chris too. It's a meaningless word that barely expresses anything beyond "we don't really like that guy."

Also note that Jim Sterling is a long-time friend of Jacqui, the woman who posted the dirty text she got from Chris:

https://twitter.com/jacquicollins_/status/749222413947273216
>>
File: 176.png (347 KB, 532x582)
347 KB
347 KB PNG
>>1343616
>based David debunking gullible retards
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV_xrEU5o2g
From the accuser's postings on social networking sites at the same time on the same day, I'd say this case is almost a fabrication, not even that it's not a crime unless it's confirmed in court.
>>
>>1343609
Imagine believing that, like actually believing it. It would be like anyone could lie and point a finger at anyone. Like someone on this board could make a fake twitter account and accuse Josh Sawyer of something.

Yet it never happens. Funny that, isn't it?

For being fake and not real these things sure are picky about who deals with repercussions.
>>
>>1343609
>>1343692
>opportunists
Accusing an obscure video game writer from a subgenre that is beloved by a small group of man childs is a prize opportunity for fame and fortune
>>
>>1343692
>never happens
don't tell him
>>
>>1343692
> Yet it never happens. Funny that, isn't it?

Because you need some kind of quarter-truth to build a lie on.

If people remember that you were friends with Chris or Josh for 2 years, and you have enough followers to get some traction, people are going to listen to your exaggerations about them.

If everyone says you've never met those guys, your lie is dead in the water.
>>
>>1343227
Is Avellone going to say something about this shit?
He really missed his opportunity if he ever plans on writing one.
>>
>>1340832
JUSTed beyond belief
>>
>>1343719
>>1343720
>>1343739
How fucking dense are you retards?
>>
>>1343773
He said was going to, then he kept procrastinating about it forever.

>>1343794
Which part don't you get about all of it being demonstrably exaggerated?

He was never in Karissa's room according to her own roommate at the time, but almost all the damage came from Karissa making it seem like she was alone with him in there and trying to resist him.
>>
https://twitter.com/davidcernat/status/1353960616952799233
https://twitter.com/davidcernat/status/1353949484703739906
Jacqui Collins says that she herself loves texting, so keep sending it to her, and that if you're friends with her, there's a 50/50 chance you'll have sex with her.
>>
>>1343820
who even cares? avellone hasn't written anything good in fucking forever, and there's plenty of people who've been hurt way more by way more obviously false accusations than him.
Why not go on a crusade for someone who actually needs defending, or who isn't at the very least clearly a weird cunt?
>>
>>1343719
>a prize opportunity for fame and fortune
Because jealous, entitled woman can't possibly be delusional enough to think that she can advance her video game writing career after Avellone's #metooed corpse. And with all cucks in the industry that isn't even far from the truth. Meanwhile you can listen to lying, fat tranny if you prefer.
>>
>>1343818
Which part do you not get about that anon being fucking sarcastic? You really thought >>1343692 was being serious, and now you went and double-downed on it.
>>
>>1340922
Sawyer fanboys are despicable
>>
File: Selfie Study.jpg (168 KB, 1024x906)
168 KB
168 KB JPG
>>1343692
I was falsely accused of rape once. It was a girl I never had sex with and she just randomly decided to accuse me of rape for attention. Thankfully the case was dropped due to a lack of evidence but that isn't the same for others out there. There are many examples of people being put in prison for rape only on the testimony of a woman. Harvey Weinstein is a good example of this. Whatever you may think of Weinstein, the case he was imprisoned for did not include any evidence. This is extremely dangerous because I have been in this situation before and to imagine I could be put in prison for 30 years just because "He probably did it" is fucking stupid. Personally, I think Weinstein used his power to take advantage of women but without hard evidence he should not be found guilty. It was a single woman and this woman had no proof. The reason why I chose him instead of others was because the entire world, including people against me too, were happy about this outcome. This outcome was not legally sound and it proves that with enough manipulation, you could imprison anyone for rape.

I of course have hundreds of court cases I could show you of people being arrested based solely on accusations but it wouldn't change your sjw mind. In my case, the girl had nothing to gain except sympathy from others. That is actually very common in false rape accusations. Women love attention and being the victim. Some like creating drama and do not care if they destroy someone's entire life over it.
>>
>>1343719
https://twitter.com/search?q=(from%3Avvillard)%20avellone%20escoblade&src=typed_query&f=live
Exactly because Avellone is considered to be a minor player, it was used as camouflage to protect UBI's big name (whose rape was confirmed in court).
>>
>>1343826
you will never be a woman
>>
>>1343899
I know, I'm a man and I was born male. I have no desire to be a woman.
>>
>>1343826
> who even cares? avellone hasn't written anything good in fucking forever,

As far as I know, he's worked on more high quality CRPGs than any other person. Sure, he became a meme later on, but he deserves to have some people on his side.

> and there's plenty of people who've been hurt way more by way more obviously false accusations than him.

Who do you have in mind?

> Why not go on a crusade for someone who actually needs defending,

The guy does need defending. He's a tortured artist who himself saw no way of reasoning with the insane mob.

> or who isn't at the very least clearly a weird cunt?

He's a "weird cunt" according to socially illiberal people who still have a problem with him being socially liberal before he got married.

>>1343850
It looked like sarcasm in the opposite direction.
>>
>>1340922
>wokenigger
Why can't people just write a fucking story without worrying about the delicate sensibilities of career malcontents? These people aren't going to be the ones that define whether your shit is actually good or not. They don't matter. Life is harsh. History was even harsher. Reality is fucking dark. Why can't this faggots fantasy be dark besides some blood and guts. Fucking pussy.
>>
>>1343971
>Why can't people just write a fucking story without worrying about the delicate sensibilities of career malcontents?
You're in the thread of why.
>>
>>1343945
>Who do you have in mind?
I couldn't tell you super recent cases off the top of my head, but Steven Galloway is still considered a rapist by a huge amount of people despite the accusations being proven to be completely fabricated by an ex-judge asked to investigate the claims. His life was completely ruined by the claims, with really no consequences for the people who made them or the university for mishandling it.
>He's a tortured artist who himself saw no way of reasoning with the insane mob.
He's not a tortured artist, come on. He's written one good story several times with different characters, and just done fairly trite shit since. Throwing a tantrum at your employers and holding grudges against coworkers doesn't make you a tortured artist, it just makes you immature.
>He's a "weird cunt" according to socially illiberal people who still have a problem with him being socially liberal before he got married.
Nah man, he's a weird cunt for not being able to keep it in his pants in places related to work. That's been fairly well known even well before these accusations were a thing.
>>
>>1343818
>he was going to
Right, because admitting it is over would end the conspiracy. You need this and you need to keep it alive because of your own mental deficiencies.

>>1343889
>give example of when an allegation was actually false and so it went nowhere
>"therefore all these other guys who had credible allegations were just not lucky enough"
Uhuh, I'm sure it makes perfect sense to someone. Perhaps to someone desperate to keep an alternative reality world view alive. Seek help guys.
>>
>>1343978
> Steven Galloway is still considered a rapist by a huge amount of people despite the accusations being proven to be completely fabricated by an ex-judge asked to investigate the claims.

That's really horrible, but I've never heard of Steven Galloway before and wouldn't know where to even begin helping him.

> He's not a tortured artist, come on. He's written one good story several times with different characters, and just done fairly trite shit since.

Which RPG writers have been more consistent in your opinion?

> Throwing a tantrum at your employers and holding grudges against coworkers doesn't make you a tortured artist, it just makes you immature.

Obsidian nearly went bankrupt a few times and kept canceling projects and laying off people, so the management doesn't exactly have a clean record from an outside perspective either.

> Nah man, he's a weird cunt for not being able to keep it in his pants in places related to work.

How many con participants was that memo sent to?

I hate linking to Huff Post, but still:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/sex-at-my-dragoncon-its-m_b_1856216

> That's been fairly well known even well before these accusations were a thing.

Where did you know it from?
>>
>>1343818
>He said was going to, then he kept procrastinating about it forever.
lmfao procrastinating about writing a defense that could save your career
>>
>>1344067
They shouldn't have cancelled projects that had their funding and licensing cancelled?
>>
>>1344068
Makes sense.
>>
>>1344059
> Right, because admitting it is over would end the conspiracy.

What is the conspiracy about? The fact that the accusers kept contradicting themselves in plain sight?

> You need this and you need to keep it alive because of your own mental deficiencies.

Or maybe your mental deficiencies are preventing you from having any idea what you are talking about.

> Uhuh, I'm sure it makes perfect sense to someone. Perhaps to someone desperate to keep an alternative reality world view alive. Seek help guys.

I'm sure you have a great explanation for why Chris never being in Karissa's room according to her own roommate is an "alternative reality world view."
>>
>>1343945
>The guy does need defending. He's a tortured artist who himself saw no way of reasoning with the insane mob.
If you are the maker of the exoneration video I have evidence that this was all a plot by Joshua Sawyer to destroy his nemesis. I have twitter threads and facebook comments that should help your cause.
>>
>>1344067
>That's really horrible, but I've never heard of Steven Galloway before and wouldn't know where to even begin helping him.
It is, it's awful that even people supporting him have gotten backlash, like people were calling fucking margaret atwood sexist for saying there should be due process. I imagine the same way people try to help Avellone, by talking about their case and making the details clearer, or by calling out the insane people.
>Which RPG writers have been more consistent in your opinion?
I couldn't tell you, I don't think there's that many very long term RPG writers out there. I guess Weekes from bioware has been consistently fairly good, but he's not worked on very many major projects as far as I know, just companions and the like until recently. Avellone at his peak was very good without a doubt, but he's not been anything special for a fairly long time now.
>the management doesn't exactly have a clean record from an outside perspective either.
I agree, but when you're an ex-employee, throwing a tantrum like a spurned teenage girl is not a particularly good look, or indicative of a well developed brain. Man was still throwing shit at them and trying to get companies to drop them years after he was let go, it's just kind of sad. Cancelling projects and letting people go isn't really that abnormal either, though their management has other issues, clearly.

I'm a bit unclear on what the purpose of that link is too, I don't care about him having sex, but when you're there as a big name figure/representing a company (which you pretty much always end up being as a public figure in related venues) you're expected to act differently to some random cosplayer at a convention. I've not seen any long form write ups on Avellone if that's what you're asking for, it's just shit you see discussed around the internet.
>>
>>1344083
Rejecting reality doesn't mean that the world will change to your view. This is reality and it isn't changing. Chris Avellone is not going to save himself a year later. There is nothing going on. It has been over since last summer.

Nothing you say changes that. Nothing you convince yourself of changes that. Nothing is going to change because the rabbit hole you are going down does not lead to reality. Realize that or continue shit posting, only your own mental health is at stake here.
>>
>>1344078
Ironic a man that makes his living by writing to a deadline could not write a paragraph and post it on twitter denying the claims
>>
Avellone, much like Weinstein is a shitlib faggot who wouldn’t piss on you if you were on fire. Let one snake devour the other.
>>
That exoneration guy is definitely an autist but I can't believe there aren't any memes about him.
>>
>>1344119
That's because his soul is tortured and he is waiting for the right moment to expose the truth and destroy cancel culture. Just any day now, any day, just wait for it.
>>
>>1344131
When the press was contacting him for a comment would have been a great time to say something
>>
>>1344118
> Rejecting reality doesn't mean that the world will change to your view. This is reality and it isn't changing. Chris Avellone is not going to save himself a year later. There is nothing going on. It has been over since last summer.

The friends of his that I've spoken with are still hopeful things can change.

Most of the exonerations and uncancellations you can think of took a while to happen anyway.

> Nothing you say changes that. Nothing you convince yourself of changes that. Nothing is going to change because the rabbit hole you are going down does not lead to reality. Realize that or continue shit posting, only your own mental health is at stake here.

Having thousands of people on his side when he comes back is still better than having no people on his side.

>>1344119
Because it's not a matter of writing to a deadline, it's a matter of overcoming a psychological obstacle.
>>
Avellone must call at least 20 black people nigger before I start to care that he got caught in his own snare
>>
>>1344154
>Because it's not a matter of writing to a deadline, it's a matter of overcoming a psychological obstacle.
This is such a weak position.
If you want to hurt cancel culture, why not focus on rescuing somebody who actually wants to be rescued, like Johnny Depp?
>>
>>1344154
>The friends of his that I've spoken with are still hopeful things can change.
No. Now begins the great undoing. All his works will be stripped from him and praise given to others. Videos released praising New Vegas no longer mention Avellone only Sawyer. Planescape Torment will become a footnote that is no longer mentioned. All of this has already begun.
>>
Some of you are so dumb you don't realize it's about the broader context. Here you are playing internet detective on something you have no personal understanding of, for which the parties that do have a different conclusion than you. Yet you fixate on this one accusation as if you can reverse everything just by exposing that women are succubus sluts.

Those of you that are like this lack the social intelligence to understand that it put a light on a broader issue and a pattern of behavior. Something others knew and understood, something people turned a blind eye towards, something people brushed under the rug. Most people aren't snitches, they expect you to keep your own nose clean and to make sure whatever it is you do doesn't affect your work. So when something like this goes down it's not that people believe the initial accusation and therefore cut ties. It's because they realize the person can't keep their shit together and is going to be a liability, they understand that there is more to it, they understand it's a pattern of behavior.

Not everyone that gets accused actually did anything illegal. Like in the FGC flojisan was accused of some stuff but didn't do it, no big deal, except flojisan says some pretty problematic shit and had a pattern of behavior that was just tempting things to go wrong. He's still about but less popular, nobody cares.

How about ProJared from DCA and his dumb game review career. Okay the accusations that he groomed children weren't true. Yet he still was a creepy mother fucker that was grooming adult fans and being public about his perversion. He used his status as an e-celeb and D&D celeb to get sexual favors. Of course none of those companies want anything to do with his shit anymore. They knew, he would get drunk, for stage sessions he'd get drunk too, he was perving up that one cosplayer in their D&D play thing. Everyone knew about his behavior so the initial accusations didn't mean shit.

Learn this lesson.
>>
>>1344180
no shit NV videos mostly mention Sawyer, it was mostly Sawyer responsible for it. Avellone only worked on some minor parts and most of the DLCs. Ulysses was a pretty garbage character that felt borderline spiteful to the series (same with tunnelers), so it makes sense he doesn't get much praise for NV.
>>
>>1344154
>The friends of his that I've spoken with are still hopeful things can change.
You are that autist that made the video aren't you? Jesus christ.
>>
>>1344197
>problematic
Imagine writing all that just to throw your credibility away by not being able to hide your NPCness.
>So when something like this goes down it's not that people believe the initial accusation and therefore cut ties. It's because they realize the person can't keep their shit together and is going to be a liability,
Your subculture is filled with vultures and liars, and there's a reason everyone sane stays away from them.
>>
>>1344215
>you used a word now I will refer to a meme to show you are an npc by acting like an actual fucking npc
Good job mate. Your social intelligence is 0 almost as high as your IQ.
>>
>>1344224
>Using false accusations as a form of social control is high social intelligence
Been tested for sociopathy lately?
>>
File: Clipboard01.png (113 KB, 868x711)
113 KB
113 KB PNG
>>1344197
> So when something like this goes down it's not that people believe the initial accusation and therefore cut ties. It's because they realize the person can't keep their shit together and is going to be a liability, they understand that there is more to it, they understand it's a pattern of behavior.

Yeah man, total pattern. Attached is the queen of whisper networks saying she had never heard rumors about Chris at all.
>>
>>1344215
>Your subculture is filled with vultures and liars
The subculture of corporations that have fired and not hired people for less? The cringe text he sent about pussy eating is enough for you to be left out at a company, especially if you’re a public facing employee.
Which he is.
>>
>>1344243
I actually agree, why it doesn't make any sense that >>1344197 advocates using false accusations as a signal for the hive to attack, when the stuff that is provable is already fire-worthy.
>>
File: Clipboard02.png (104 KB, 851x899)
104 KB
104 KB PNG
>>1344243
>>1344252
Right, he should have taken some lessons about subtlety from the woman he sent it to. Attached pic related.
>>
It's impossible to reason with these people they don't follow logic. You can try and they will accuse you of doing what they think others have done. They will accuse you of all sorts of things. The irony is lost on them that they're making entirely baseless accusations against people they don't actually know since we're all anonymous.

That's why it's pointless to discuss with these people. In years to come they will still be saying that people like Chris will rise again and disprove all of the claims. In years to come people like Chris will still be moping about being scumbag humans. Chris will still be left leaning, Josh will still be left leaning, all the creatives they love will be left leaning. Yet they will still be cucks that seethe about the left and get on their knees to suck off these guys.
>>
>>1344257
She seems cool. I feel bad that she had to read that weird text from Avelone.
>>
>>1344257
Get this anon, people at different ages have different social expectations. A 20 something saying sexual things on twitter is treated as normal while a 60 year old doing it is viewed as pathetic
>>
>>1344264
I have no sympathy for these guys because they are lefties. But you talk about someone like Chris Avellone as if he committed a crime, which he did not.
>>
>>1344264
> Chris will still be left leaning, Josh will still be left leaning, all the creatives they love will be left leaning.

There have also been people accusing Chris of being right-wing and accepting of extremists for posting on RPG Codex until the end of 2018.

Looks like you just can't win with anyone as a libertarian, since everyone always confuses you for something else.
>>
>>1344294
Who said he committed a crime? Link that post right fucking now. Spoiler: it was in your head all along.
>>
>>1344294
>>1344299
The point is that people who drag politics into this are beyond stupid who are almost always right-wing, poltards, or alt-right. Chris is obviously left, so is Josh and pretty much all of the California and Canadian crew at least. Yet some anons are really gonna sit here seething about the left and defending this dudes fucking up like they yearn for them to poz their neg hole. It's hilarious at least.
>>
>>1344313
It's because the left created cancel culture.
>reee right did the Hays Code and McCarthyism
That was decades ago, I would have always been against the Hays Code, and McCarthy has been proven right.
>>
>>1344322
>It's because the left created cancel culture
Cancel culture has been used by both the right and left, it’s a tactic not a political ideology. Just because the left has been more successful with it does not mean the right haven’t tried to cancel anyone.
>>
>>1344336
Who have the right tried to cancel? James Gunn?
The left live and breathe this shit, occasionally the right do it as retaliation (and as you note, it usually doesn't work, which says a lot) but the current right are heavily behind free speech. Both-sides-ism just ain't gonna cut it here.
>>
>>1344313
Are you sure *you* aren't the main person dragging politics into this?

You don't have to be right-wing to defend Chris. You just need to care a bit about stuff like due process.
>>
>>1344351
If they attempt to retaliate all the time, like trying to cancel Pedro Pascal after the Gina Carano cancellation, then they are not heavily behind free speech.
>>
>>1344351
Maybe not individual people, but the american right wing has been trying to cancel shit longer than most people here have been alive. Even fucking mass effect had right wingers trying to cancel it for being an "alien sex simulator".
>>
>>1344351
>Who have the right tried to cancel?
Anyone that kneels at a sports match kek
>>
>>1344351
The right do it all the time. You don't have to think for a second really. Like when they cancelled Milo when someone uncovered his stuff, or like Clinton for getting his dick sucked, it's second nature to them. They just didn't expected to get cancelled by the left for hate speech. Otherwise they would just cannibalize their own, they already are, you get a censure you get a censure you get a censure.

But sure, the left or something, right? Maybe pull your head out of Twitter's ass hole.
>>
>>1344359
That's bullshit, it's basic game theory, you don't just keep cooperating with someone who consistently defects. If anything, the fact that it's retaliation proves that they are defending free speech. Isn't that the paradox of tolerance that lefties love so much.
>>1344360
>longer than most people here have been alive.
Irrelevant then.
>mass effect
There's the catch, now who's censoring Mass effect? If the right used to "cancel" (they never used the term, because only lefties made it common enough to need a word for), but now the sides have changed, why is the right still being punished for what they are now trying to prevent?
>>1344372
>Clinton
Gee, 30 years ago they impeached somebody over nothing? Wow, the left would neeever stoop to that level, twice in one year.
>>
>>1344386
>the right never does stuff
>gee don't show me the history of the right doing this shit and also doing it recently and basically always doing it
The truth hurts you. How sad.
>>
>>1344304
>...Chris will rise again and disprove all of the claims. In years to come people like Chris will still be moping about being scumbag humans.

did he commit a crime? If not, who cares? "Scumbag human"? If he robbed a liquor store instead, you'd probably have a higher opinion of him.
>>
>>1344386
it's not irrelevant, many people here being retarded children doesn't change that both the left and right wing in america will cancel shit if they're able to. You can't claim it's only one side and then just go "yeah all the times it wasn't that side don't count though".
And no-one is really censoring mass effect these days? The games have gotten more graphic as they went on if anything, the actual sexual content in ME1 was fairly mild.

You're not one of those autists who think removing an out of place ass shot in a conversation about personal and familial trauma is censorship, are you?
>>
>>1344313
>defending this dudes fucking up
what did they do, exactly? Did they commit a crime?
>>
>>1344392
>>1344399
The democrats used to be the party of the KKK. Sorry if I don't care about the right attacking speech before I was born, especially if they are doing the reverse now.
>also doing it recently and basically always doing it
Retaliation, in much smaller numbers. Leaning on whataboutism really makes you look like a lefty shill, you wouldn't want that would you?
>>
>>1344404
I really hope you eventually find something better to do with your time, acting this way on the internet is just kind of sad.
>>
>>1344413
Yeah, same to you. If you're arguing in good faith, you seem to actually be pro-free speech, it would be nice if everyone took their meds and we sorted this shit out.
>>
>>1344401
>Did they commit a crime?
several but anons will just say everyone is lying and is a piece of shit, unaware of the irony in that
>>
>>1344425
When's the trial?
>>
>>1344404
You are absolutely pathetic and living in an alternative reality. Right wing moral panic fags screech about your hobby for decades and you give it up for free, because uhhh yeah, the left of something.
>>
>>1344435
I haven't forgotten or forgiven the Jack Thompson crowd, they're just not the problem at the moment.
>>
>anon takes a shit on the office carpet
>their boss fires them
>"WTF did I commit a crime?!"
Some people understand and some people are just hopeless and forever the victims of ""political"" persecution.
>>
>>1344420
sure, I can agree with that much. I still think there's better targets to defend than Avellone, but people being less worked up over frivolous shit in general would be good for society.
>>
He hasn't written or developed anything good or of note in over a decade. Nothing of value was lost desu
>>
>>1344435
This is correct, “free speech”, “due process” etc are all horseshit liberal delusions that no one believes in. What matters is who is your friend, and who is your enemy. Avelleoni is a shitlib, so let him get eaten by his pets.
>>
>>1344446
>excuse me i have the right to shit everywhere i go, its called the 2nd amendment sweaty
>>
>>1344434
he's already confessed and is under house arrest, why do you think avellone stopped creeping up on women in every cool party?
>>
>>1344454
From the state, dumbass.
>>
>>1344465
under the articles of the confederation (the legal constitution) states have the right to impede speech, only the confederal government is forbidden of doing so
>>
>>1344425
Can you list them? Make sure you mention at least the time and place for each one, so I know you've done your homework.
>>
>>1344478
sexual harassment, resisting arrest, voting democrat
>>
>>1344372
>The right do it all the time. You don't have to think for a second really. Like when they cancelled Milo when someone uncovered his stuff,
Tbh, I think this was a bad show. Why would you make a bitchy queer your figurehead then gasp in horror when it turns out he’s pretty blasé about pederasty? You knew exactly what he was when you started promoting him! Now I never liked the guy, partially due to homophobia and because I didn’t care for his faggy misogyny (fags who hate women do it obviously out of jealousy), but once you promoted him everyone shouldn’t have abandoned him on a dime. Poor showing all around.
>>
>>1344465
The state should obviously censor art, and it should obviously deport shitlibs. Read your Plato.
>>
>>1344473
The state is the government you dimwit.
>>
>>1344499
this but unironically

the united states is weak BECAUSE it allows free speech
>>
>>1344504
>ows free speech
the government is an enemy of the people, the states aren't which is why every true united states patriot have fought for states rights since 1861
>>
>>1344484
Because it's all politics ie bullshit you can get away with while blaming other groups. His purpose was to be the pocket gay they could bring out to recruit gays and prove they're not regressive.
>>
>>1344509
You're stupid and don't understand anything. Good talk.
>>
>>1344516
typical rightoid
>>
>>1344425
Well that argument fell apart quickly
>>
>>1344425
>Chris Avellone has committed several crimes
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
no
>>
File: citation needed.jpg (38 KB, 600x600)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>1340832
>>
When did 4chan get infested by all these SJW types anyway?

Did the cool anons of old just grow up to be retarded?
>>
>>1344915
Question is, when will you grow up?
>>
>>1344926
>Imagine not being able to appreciate a good snuggle with a struggle
>>
>>1344915
4chan had always been counter culture. In the beginning that meant gays, cross dressers, pro gay marriage, anti-Bush, anti-Fox, ironic racism, ironic weeb hate, cancelling right wing talk show hosts, spamming gore, pools closed, Ron Paul, and a whole bunch of cringe. Internet was more easily available in urban areas and some states had 3rd world internet so the demographics were arguably different.

Absolute right-wing cringe only started to be taken seriously when the user groups became underaged and normies. After /news/ or whatever and /pol/ was created, fueled by incels of /r9k/ and /x/ conspiracy nutjobs. Early 4chan only spread among older teens and college students. But 4chan about 10 years ago had a lot of middle schoolers and older normies trying to understand it or use it as a personal army against their ex-church. Then suddenly people started ranting about "SJW" this and that, and the gamer thing happened.

tl;dr it always has been and people grow up and their balls drop then some of them stop going along with normie conspiracy theorists. You wouldn't get along with most old anons.

Good argument though. At least we can all agree Chris Avellone is overrated and PST is just caps as cruise control for cool.
>>
>>1344506
It's permissiveness afforded to actual scam artists. It's not even liberalism, countries that went through fascist and communist revolutions before weren't terribly liberal. When radical feminists, college marxists and woke first appeared with their amazing claims, they should not have been tolerated. At all. Or we get what we get. They are fighting a war for power and resources, not looking to discuss anything.
>>
>>1345030
4chan was never pro faggotry
Obviously as a porn board all sorts of shit would get posted, but the idea that there were screeds about the right of faggot strivers to get gay wedding cakes is a farce. t. oldfag
>>
>>1345098
Nah you're mistaken. There were many threads about supporting it, sexually and otherwise. Memes like don't bother dating women when you can date a bro, memes like trans girls are superior in every way, various crossdressing threads and cam whores. I know some of you are probably frothing at the mouth to reply now but that's just how it was. It was like that because the stuff that informs opinions like yours today didn't exist. That was old boomer shit, both left and right hated the gays, most of the normie internet did too. Pretty much everything way different in the 00s.

In terms of how attitudes changed if this thread was posted in different eras you would get different reactions.

2000s anons: laugh at Chris Avellone's misfortune
2010s anons: waaa waaa sjw politics ethics in game reviews leftist tears gamer words stop cancelling waaaaa waaaaa culture wars waaaa
2020s anons: grow the fuck up Chris was a dumbass praise Josh-sama
>>
>>1345118
>Nah you're mistaken. There were many threads about supporting it, sexually and otherwise. Memes like don't bother dating women when you can date a bro, memes like trans girls are superior in every way, various crossdressing threads and cam whores
Fag marriage, from beginning to end, a farce about faggot strivers throwing fancy parties in the faces of bigots. Unless you get off on social domination, it never had traction on the jackoff boards
>>
>>1345125
What is it people used to post? Anyone that stays on 4chan long enough becomes at least a little bit gay.
>>
>>1345129
Faggot marriage is a joke among faggots too. There has never been an institution more ill suited to how faggot relationships work. It was just about owning the bigots and avoiding discussion of why no bankers were jailed post 08
>>
>>1345129
>What is it people used to post
Repeated images and catch phrases, hardcore pornography mostly.
>>
>>1345132
Sounds like you're off on something on your own adventure.
>>1345136
That too, gore and just shooting the breeze. Sharing dumb stories with schadenfreude twists at the end. Civil war "I'm with Cracky" bla bla bla. There were some anti-feminist posts too but that was mainly feminists trying to censor or ban hentai. I want to be the little girl. All kinds of dumb shit.

The point is anyone that thinks that old 4chan was an anti-SJW alt-right culture war against the left is a moron that wasn't there. Half of that shit wasn't even a thing until about 10 years in. Fuck those guys.
>>
>>1345152
The point is anal marriage has never been “counter-culture”. It’s always been a pet issue for people a houses worth of education debt, childless fag hags, the Human Resources queer coterie etc
>>
>>1345166
Anal marriage huh?
>>
>benched Camellia because I don't need four front liners in my party
>completely forget that she's a trickery monkey and I need her or Woljiff in my party at all times
Fuck. Is it worth giving Regil a Rogue dip just so he can unlock shit for me?
>>
>>1344455
>the number 2 amendment
>>
What happened Owlcatbros? I thought slavs were based and not SJW's.
>>
>>1344926
you guys in the west not growing up you are degenerating ... this sjw shit getting extreme even for Europe
>>
>>1345247
Owlcat takes claims of sexual harassment seriously and thus had to remove him
>>
>>1345247
>I thought slavs were based and not SJW's.
They are western minded moscowists not ordinary slavs peasents. Owlcats are females and transpeople's friends not vrpg nerds.
>>
>>1345418
Based Owlcat
>>
>>1344665
Why do you keep screeching about crimes?
Have someone post your sexts on twitter and show them to your boss and see if you keep your job
>>
>>1345449
Jacqui Collins did not work at any of the companies that fired Chris Avellone. None of the texts were criminal, and the texts were 8 years old. No one should be fired for that, ever. Seek help
>>
>>1344180
New Vegas was mostly Sawyer and Gonzales you retard, I don't even like Avellone btw
>>
>>1345449
>you should be fired for sexting that you did a decade ago with a random person
Lmfao
>>
>>1345457
>No one should be fired for that, ever.
I usually would agree but they were especially cringe texts so yes fire him
>>
>>1345470
Thanks for conceding
>>
>>1345474
If you send text as cringe as Avellone then you should be fired
>>
>>1345483
Yes.
Also: Avellone is an alcoholic coomer. Pretty soon he'll be out on the street, giving blowjobs for nickels.
>>
File: 1517640125773.jpg (12 KB, 300x300)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
honest question for all the anons who support this woke culture do you really belive this will have good end?
as a slav (i have no stake in it) it is kinda creep me out how many of you belive or even participate in this self desctructive cult and how angry you are at other people who do not share the same insane ideas with you

also let me say all the shit you support now in the name of greater good will be used againts you in near future plus Western socialism have nothing to do with the socialism that was practiced here
it is hardly working class movement in fact all this shit coming from upper class and people who want to be in cool club rather than people who care about working class strugle so if you belive that you will benefit from it economicaly or that you life will get easier you are wrong
>>
>>1345510
People being fired for sex harassment is just corpo culture not woke culture
>>
>>1345536
it was more general question but even in Avellone case it is very questionable if he harassed her
>>
>>1345418
It's wager there are some productive yet neurotic as fuck nerds slaving away at the programming side. Writing really stinks like it's done by women, and not of a chill and happy to be alive variety.
>>
>>1340935
>Be hired for contract work
>Finish contract work and part ways
>He was fired guys, we swear!
>>
>>1345589
It's Mitsoda flashbacks, I think. Sounds like a bullshit line either way. Especially since they haven't finished making all the content for the game.
>>
>>1345464
If you're a public figure and look bad yeah you'll probably get fired for shit that might not impact you if you were less public.
>>
>>1345609
I suggest you don't normalize this for yourself. And let's be honest, this cope is used to justify not wanting to stand out. Even in positive ways.
>>
>>1345614
Shit like public figures getting out on the spot about past behavior is normal and nothing new. Avellone could have weathered the storm if he just said something. Anything. He just let it happen to him with no fight back
>>
>>1345619
Yes, looks like it. Stopped tweeting out of fear. Many "cancelled" people behave that way. He'd stand to be more proactive. Establishing his own studio would do wonders.
>>
>>1341965
at 17:45 he claims that there is an inconsistency where the women said Avellone was dumped, but then later saying he was still in a relationship. But the twitter evidence he shows never suggests he was dumped at the con, just sometime after the the restaurant incident, which could be weeks or even months later.

Also his investigation doesn't seem in good faith when he accused her of lying simply because she was 1 year off the actual figure when reporting the time-frame this occurred.
>>
>>1342045
>>1342129
jesus christ i just looked at the endings, what the fuck is wrong with modern devs? why is so much cuckshit in modern rpgs?
>>
>>1345685
post them
>>
>>1345670
For fucks sake, the bitches got miffed at how respected the guy is, so they decided to metoo him. And he just took it, too. Pozzed vidya industry would have scapegoated him anyway, but giving up doesn't help.
>>
>>1343935
You post like someone who wants to be.
>>
>>1345685
Bait
>>
>>1345685
It's not like Valerie takes over as a new ruler, the implication is that she rules as either a queen or some sort of consort. Nyrissa ends up the same. It's Octavia that's cuck central.
>>
>>1345693
Seethe and cope over your lost prospects
>>
>>1345670
Wait until he gets to the woman he sent the pussy texts to. He uses the “she was asking for it” playbook since he can’t just dismiss what Avellone did. So because she is publicly flirty and sexual on her twitter it makes sense for Avellone to oddly ask to lick her pussy out of nowhere when they are having a normal conversation
>>
>>1345743
Aren't you openly envious. A bunch of (you)s comprise Twitter cancel mobs. The more you succeed, the more people are cowardly in general. Do you feel like you won?
>>
>>1345765
I’m just here to laugh at you
>>
>>1345757
Doesn't it though? She is presenting herself as down for it.
>>
>>1345768
That's some epic projection you have going on. I won't even pity you, there are way too many of your kind anyway.
>>
>>1345770
Do you have zero flirty women friends?
Only a social reject would drop an ask for pussy licking during an everyday text conversation
>>
>>1345779
Well, sure. Point is, cancel culture is real and is doing noone any favors. Except those in power, because it makes for obedient subordinates.
>>
>>1345614
Normalize what? If you make yourself a public figure, you get judged more harshly than those who aren't for personal shit like that. It makes companies look bad, which they don't want.
It's nothing new, it's a fairly obvious norm and has been for ages.
>>
>>1345804
If it's bad PR, sure. But when it comes to productive people, it's their results people respect them for. Also in MCA's case, it's fucking nothing. Less of a nothing than with someone like Louis CK. It's immediately political/ideological, because it is. Twitter norms aren't social norms.
>>
>>1345831
I agree, though I think his results haven't been anything spectacular in a fairly long while now, and if you can't use him for positive marketing he doesn't really bring a lot to a team. Even more so if there's a big controversy like this one, regardless of cause.
>>
>>1345670
> just sometime after the the restaurant incident, which could be weeks or even months later.

Note what Jackie said in her own statement:

> https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sr9o9b

> He mentions we saw each other for years after our first meeting. He and I were seeing each other from September 2013 to September 2014. I have not seen him since.

Her first mention of him was on the 30th of August 2013:

https://archive.vn/5ZHbI

I thought it was clear they broke up at the restaurant, and someone who knows them both confirmed for me that he never saw her again in real life after DragonCon 2014.

> Also his investigation doesn't seem in good faith when he accused her of lying simply because she was 1 year off the actual figure when reporting the time-frame this occurred.

She wasn't accused of lying per se, she was accusing of possibly making it harder to research what happened on purpose.

She used the correct years immediately afterwards when being interviewed by Kotaku:

> Speaking with Kotaku via phone, Karissa (who asked that we only use her first name out of concerns for her safety) gave more details about the incidents, which she said took place between 2012 and 2014.

>>1345757
>>1345779
Why did she message him late at night in a seemingly flirtatious asking him how to escape from her friend's date instead of messaging her boyfriend instead?

It's strange behavior and not an "everyday text conversation."
>>
>>1345903
>Why did she message him late at night in a seemingly flirtatious asking him how to escape from her friend's date
You have autism, and should refrain from talking about people in future.
>>
>>1340932
He didnt touch the localization, he speaks and writes fluent russian you retard
>>
File: g2345g.gif (1.22 MB, 477x252)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB GIF
>thinking avellone has been relevant in recent memory

Owlcat obviously need help in the writing department, but he was never majorly involved enough to unfuck how bad it was.
>>
>>1345903
>Why did she message him late at night in a seemingly flirtatious asking him how to escape from her friend's date instead of messaging her boyfriend instead?
Do you not socialize with people? She could have texted him, her boyfriend and five other friends one after the other if she was bored. She probably did text several people. Have you never experienced friendship?
>>
>>1345906
>>1345943
How many women do I need to find who agree that her behavior was inappropriate?

Here's one for starters:

https://twitter.com/vvillard/status/1353408307776675840
>>
>>1345973
Woah women can have different opinions about things what a great argument point
>>
>>1345973
It doesn't matter what individuals think, but what the 'world' thinks. They made pretty clear what they think by dissociation themselves with Avellone. Or at the very least, companies think he's more trouble than he's worth since they don't want people to associate their games with what Avellone 'did'.
>>
>>1345464
yes, you should be fired for moral degeneracy and chris is pretty faggy
>>
>>1345589
Wait until the final press push and Owlcat will roll over when journos ask them about him
>>
>>1345247
How many of them are slavs? Companies sometimes hire foreigners anyway. Maybe they also pander to western market.
>>
Sexual misconduct has many different meanings so a hard answer on this case is impossible. But the "exoneration" video clearly demonstrates Avellone's accusers themselves have questionable accounts and behaviour, suggesting their own mental illnesses, drinking, irresponsibility, regrets, etc are contributing factors.

But I feel Avellone himself is crazy too and that's why he associated and flirted with such types. He was playing with fire and got burned. And he seems to feel culpable for playing alcoholic frat boy among the nerd types and thus hurting an ex girlfriend. Maybe that is a kind of sexual misconduct, though far short of the worst accusations.

Also it's ultimately the right of the companies he worked for to decide if his inability to contain personal drama is not compatible with their brand image. Facts are unimportant at that level, a more responsible drinker and romancer wouldn't have gotten close enough for false accusations to emerge.

>>1345903
I posted >>1345670 , so thanks for clarifying. Those were the only parts that didn't make sense to me. Although I still think it ruins the otherwise objective tone to infer she could be intentionally getting the time period wrong rather than by accident.
>>
>>1345991
One shitty cult isn't the world. The world best realize this and start fighting back.
>>
>>1346330
The future is now old man
>>
>>1345757
From the context it's obvious that in his drunken state of mind he misinterpreted "third wheeling exit strategy" as a sexual come-on. In the fuller conversation she posted later he even asks the following morning what it means.
>>
>>1346344
Maybe you American cunts need a taste of a truly totalitarian system. Then it won't be fun and games, but will be too late.
>>
>>1346260
> Although I still think it ruins the otherwise objective tone to infer she could be intentionally getting the time period wrong rather than by accident.

I agree. One of the two lawyers who watched the video also pointed that out as one of his two issues with it, but he replied with such a delay that the video was already up on YouTube by then.

He did like the video otherwise, although he may be a little biased because he's fond of Chris.
>>
>>1346404
>Then it won't be fun and games
This is literally a board for fun and games you imbecile
>>
>>1346414
Precisely. It shall become verboten. Maybe persist underground, like it usually does.
>>
>>1346420
Why rpg have always been made by lefties and will continue to be
>>
>>1346260
>a more responsible drinker and romancer wouldn't have gotten close enough for false accusations to emerge
If you are enough of a pain in the ass, bitches might try it anyway. Metoo emboldened a lot of pretty evil specimens. He admitted defeat a little too readily, that's for sure.
>>
>>1346217
Not the writing staff, that's all done in Russian and translated afterwards. Then voiced before no real editing is done, because big brain time.
>>
Cancel culture got it's way to ruskies.
>>
>>1346426
Right. There is world of difference between the egalitarian and authoritarian left, their temperament is 100% incompatible. How do marry sensitivity to the fact that all people are individually different and that you should bully everyone into being exactly the same? You can't, numbnuts. And the latter camp doesn't give a fuck about vidya or board games, btw, these are just power structures to occupy.
>>
>>1346438
You do realize what communism is? Even in the later 80s? These people didn't all die or magically change when USSR fell.
>>
>>1346438
bruh the USSR was the very definition of cancel culture back then. a lot of those who were "loyal" to a particular premier and sucking his dick incessantly back then would end up mocking and dismissing him as soon as he dies or is driven off from the party. this was especially true with guys like Stalin and Trotsky. cancel culture never left the ruskies even now
>>
if anything it was adolph hitler who created the first institutes of mass produced cancel culture also known as gas chambers
>>
File: ferg.png (157 KB, 320x480)
157 KB
157 KB PNG
>>1340832
>tfw you can't stop winning
>>
>>1346636
>deowner Avellone because he keeps coming into work drunk
>Avellone gets so mad that he quits and tells anyone who will listen what an underhanded businessperson you are
>Microsoft doesn't care and gives you a big payout for your company
>Avellone gets cancelled and you don't have to worry about it at all because he already quit long ago
Everything keeps coming up Urquhart.
>>
>>1346438
>>
>>1346967
>deowner
>>
>>1346967
Urquhart must have 10 luck to have fired Avellone and avoided the damage that would have happened if he Avellone still worked at Obsidian. Business mastermind
>>
>>1346967
I am more inclined to believe MCA's account, with him being "deownered" for talking back to the big boss. Sounds how these things usually go.
>>
>>1347167
Avellone’s drinking history and bad mistakes has made his past accounts shaky
>>
>>1347167
>>1347341
Both reasons are likely true. Avellone's own friend who witnessed his marriage to assure the government that they weren't committing immigration fraud said that he and Chris would have liquor lunches that ended with Chris headed back to work.
>>
>enter thread
>see americans seething at eastern europe for some reason
This board really is a place of joy
>>
>>1347358
Wtf why was this information missing from the exoneration video, this splits the entire case wide open
>>
>>1347151
>avoided the damage that would have happened if he Avellone still worked at Obsidian
A few a good games?
>>
>>1347470
If we're being realistic, probably one fun companion in both Deadfire and Outer Worlds, with the rest of the games being just as shit.
>>
>>1347358
Actually, that guy (SquizzOC) is very close friends with one of Obsidian's other owners and stopped being friends with Chris because of that fact.

He twisted the truth somewhat, because early drinks were only ever had on Fridays.
>>
>>1347397
They come to an American website, act rude and clueless and develop a reputation for themselves. Like take a look at this joker.

>>1343346
>I'd rather be alcoholic than obese, uneducated, diabetic, and addicted to opioids, like Americans

You aren’t French ivan, you’re a hairless ape who eats mayonnaise with a spoon.
>>
>>1347614
>He twisted the truth somewhat, because early drinks were only ever had on Fridays.
Friday is still a work day how does that change anything
>>
>>1347622
As a disinterested third party the whole 'americans are into opioids and crack and their life expectancy is going down' sounds like a mirror to Russia in 1990 so why don't you make up and hug?
>>
>>1347814
>only on fridays
Its still a work day and you shouldnt get buzz in the morning before going to work.
>>
>>1347874
Yup getting drunk on a Friday when you’re in charge of other people is some shit boss stuff
>>
>>1345973
Yeah talking to friends is very inappropriate.
>>
>>1347941
I know the first thing I think of if my friend texts me asking for an exit strategy is to graphically describe how I want to lick their pussy
>>
What’s up with this bro-Victorianism? This woman is a fucking whore, she has body count in the triple digits, she’s not mariried... why are we acting like she is some shrinking violet? Oh no, the whore heard some dirty talk when she wasn’t in the mood! Has she made a full recovery? Will she ever fuck strangers again??
>>
>>1348219
I know I make sure to meticulous save late night drunken texts from my friends fur future blackmail opportunities.
>>
>>1348256
Document everything. That's the first thing you learn when you get a real job, especially everything involving you and a senior employee. Even if you don't take it to HR, it could be either useful or funny one day. For instance I got one of my colleagues disciplined thanks to texts whining about how her boss was an idiot in our groupchat, because she annoyed me.
>>
>>1348256
>what is message history
>>
>>1348290
>8 years never cleared or new carrier
Maybe the whore was just so broken up from being almost-raped she never did either of those again
>>
>>1348379
They were talking on facebook messenger genius
>>
>>1348219
I always open every conversation I have with a bit of unwanted ERP.

>>1348256
Are you retarded?
>>
>>1342747
Yes it is.

We're not talking about the legal system.
>>
File: AMERICAN WEBSITE.png (18 KB, 493x398)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>>1347622
>They come to an american website
>the american owner like all amerisharts turned into a giant basedchugger and tried to destroy his own creation.
>Actual human from anime land then bought the site.
>american website
Go suck some more nigger toes Private III class John jamal-zhu Rodriguez-chaimberg.
>>
>>1347470
If Urquhart never fired him a cloud of metoo damage would be around the studio. Luckily he removed him so the company is clean while Avallone soaks up all the damage.
>>
>>1347622
>They come to an American website
Which site is that?
>>
>>1350124
Meanwhile Obsidian released 2 disasters and they had to sell everything to Microsoft.
>>
>>1342747
Thanks for the confession.
>>
>>1343346
You just described Sawer tho’. You played yourself.
>>
>>1350158
>Sell company for millions to Microsoft
>Finally able to provide job security to your hundreds of employees
>Ability to turn your small indie rpg into a mega open-world rpg
>Promote Josh Sawyer for his dedication and talent
Urquhart keeps winning
>>
>>1343359
>American website
Kek
Don’t forget to pay your taxes.
>>
>>1343470
>>1343607
Absolutely BTFO
>>
>>1343971
>le dark edgy media
I play games and read manga also to escape the darkness of reality, don't you have tons of edgy games to play already?
>>
>>1340832
>legitimately thought he was gay
>saw that newspost on rpgcodex where everyone thought he was gay too
He's such a good writer I'd hire him, how do I hire him?
>>
>>1340832
>>1340852
>>1340900
>>1340915
>>1340922
>>1341682
>>1341911
>>1342004
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TV_xrEU5o2g

Sober fans hate avellone and want to tear him down in a desperate attempt to elevate LE EPIC BALANCE GUY
>>
>>1350956
Baseder*
>>
>Avellone gone
>nobody to proofread and fix these russians engrish
OH NO NO NO
>>
based french autist
>>
>>1350956
Sawyer at least still works in the games industry kek
>>
>>1351025
>Sawyer at least still works in the games industry kek
And that's supposed to be good thing? Sòyers last good game was new vegas
>>
>>1351049
honestly I thought PoE was good. And don’t kid yourself with “sòyee”; avellone is just as big of a shitlib as sawyer is.
>>
>>1351049
>Sòyers last good game was new vegas
>Every single Sawyer led games has great reviews on steam
>>
>>1340832
Is the dyke captain of the guard orc his creation?
>>
>>1351100
>>Every single Sawyer led games has great reviews on steam
And marvel movies are rated highly by most people. Your point is literally worthless
>>
>>1351170
What do you have to say sawyer last good game was new vegas beside your subjective opinion? In the marketplace of ideas sawyers games are well liked
>>
>>1351221
Well besides the terrible story and mediocre gameplay I suppose they're ok
>>
>>1351170
Games have the same artistic integrity as marvel movies so I would say the comparison is apt
>>
>>1351248
>Games have the same artistic integrity as marvel movies so I would say the comparison is apt
Unfortunately That's your completely unsubstantiated subjective opinion which holds no weight whatsoever. Opinion disregarded
>>
>>1346260
Okay, I hadn't realized I could just cut out that 5 second portion in YouTube's editor long after putting up the video, so it's out now.

Thanks for getting me to check and do that.
>>
File: 1598863220437.jpg (61 KB, 960x872)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>1346260
This.

I love Chris contributions and games, but I could always feel the underlying poison in him as well.

To live in such a corpo neurotic narcissistic egodriven world one has to accept the consequences, too late to get away from these poisonous influences. He never did.
>>
>>1346260
>But I feel Avellone himself is crazy too and that's why he associated and flirted with such types. He was playing with fire and got burned. And he seems to feel culpable for playing alcoholic frat boy among the nerd types and thus hurting an ex girlfriend. Maybe that is a kind of sexual misconduct, though far short of the worst accusations.

None of that is illegal or justifies what they did to him. These people painted him as a would be rapist, he's the victim here.

They're all a bunch of drunks just like him except they couldn't roll with the punches they got burned and then they threw him under the bus to make themselves feel better about the things they've done.

One of the greatest videogame writers ever disgraced by a bunch of talentless drunk party girls
>>
File: 1598863220438.jpg (64 KB, 993x1155)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>1351655
>One of the greatest videogame writers ever disgraced
>>
Chris is still a free man, just dont be a pussy and fight back.
>>
>>1351655
>One of the greatest videogame writers ever disgraced by a bunch of talentless drunk party girls
Hasn't written anything good in like 15 years, nothing of value was lost
>>
>>1351796
He should just start his own vidya company with a kickstart-oh.
>>
>>1342589
I honestly do not understand why people even still text or flirt with women ever. There is no gain and infinite potential for havoc and devastation. Even if you do fuck, or God forbid form a relationship, you can be destroyed if and when she deems it profitable or convenient. I don't talk to anyone beyond family and you fags here, no real life friends or human contact at all.
>>
>>1352738
>>1351756
Your supposed indifference is transparent.

You don't care yet here you are spending your time sitting on him
>>
>>1352738
Value was actually gained. Now those women get to move on with their lives after speaking their truth.
>>
>>1352767
I would help him. Issue is. Will he help himself?

I doubt it.
>>
>>1352969
Would kickstarter even allow a campaign from him or would they shut it down when twitter found out
>>
>>1352998
Probably shut him down. But there might be a good moment for it. When enough whores cry out wolf.

As we dug deeper into pc corpo culture era, what is considered profitable might change quickly.
>>
>>1344484
>then gasp in horror when it turns out he’s pretty blasé about pederasty?


What he said also was not that big of deal, it was something like "yeah pederasty is a thing, victims have the courage to overcome that, there is worse stuff out there"
>>
>>1352816
I'm not indifferent, I'm happy he won't be able to ruin more games by forcing in poorly thought out 1st year philosophy shit.
>>1352822
Very true, hopefully he won't be able to do any more damage to anyone else in future. Both the videogame industry and the world as a whole are better without him in positions of power.
>>
>>1352816
>you are spending your time sitting on him
I would not sit on him without consent.
>>
>>1353016

I dont get people like you, his "philosophy" and cracters are never taken as 2deep4you, its just interesting characters and story arcs.

It is actually a real shame he wont work anymore, everything he worked on was great. From Torment to Alpha Protocol to a fucking companion on pathfinder.

No need to get assblasted about kotor 2.
>>
>>1353030
NokNok was shit and heavily forced on you, alpha protocol was fucking garbage and his main contributions to FNV are the worst parts of the whole game. He hasn't done anything good since motb.
>I dont get people like you, his "philosophy" and cracters are never taken as 2deep4you
Yeah the guy who decides to write whole characters deconstructing settings he barely understands clearly does not think too much of himself
>>
>>1340832
Where does it say he is let go from WOTR?
>>
>>1345510
Just watch it burn itself down, wokeshit can't improve a game on any level, it really is completely useless.
>>
>>1353238
>deconstructing settings he barely understands

Kotor 2 is a love letter to star wars.
>>
>>1353266
See >>1340935
she dances around it but it is clear she doesn’t want to cause owlcat audience to turn against them
>>
>>1353308
Still it seems like he did his job. I don't think he will discredited though or his work thrown away.
>>
>>1353325
Also I noticed this whole drama about Chris is like a few months old, Russia is not so cancel happy as America and previously Chris made writing mostly for Nok Nok (who I still love as a companion) so it's more than likely that he did his job already. At least those are my thoughts, maybe I am too hopeful, but I don't think he was fired.
>>
>>1353287
No it isn't, it fundamentally misunderstands how the force works and doesn't allow you to play like a well trained jedi at all. It spends the whole game shitting on bad interpretations of the setting, while not allowing you to have an actual argument against the points it shoves down your throat constantly.
>>
>>1353357
>bad interpretations

I allows to play a Jedi better than any other game especially good aligned.

It as bad as Jolee bindo. There is evil in good, and good in evil, its very taoist hence force like. Your character becomes a true hero and grandma is a villain.
>>
>>1353030
Bexcuse they're insecure pseudo intellectuals afraid someone is going to say they aren't as smart as they think they are
>>
>>1353325
They didn't throw away his work, but they let him go and will not be working with him in the future.
>>
>>1353374
You know jedi are highly trained right? Yet you need people to explain basic shit that any fucking padawan would know to you. It's awful as a jedi rpg.
>>
>>1353460
Did they say they will not work with him in the future? Where?
>>
>>1353535
We will see what happens when owlcat have to promote the game at release and journos ask about avelone
>>
>>1353728
Soooo no confirmation on that. Yeah I figured.
>>
>>1353287
I love kotor 2, but but it's sort of the opposite.
It's about challenging the very idea of star wars.
>>
>>1352822
If by "truth" you mean blatant lies.
>>
>>1341981
I'm more annoyed that people think even a consensual relationship between boss and underling is exonerating. You don't do that, it's scummy as shit, open to ridiculous liability and every workplace even remotely professional should fire you instantly for it. So people are focusing on butterflies flying out of their grasp instead of just taking the low-hanging fruit, and their inability to see said low-hanging fruit calls into question whether any have morals to begin with or just want to object to the things that they think the most ignorant people would react to.
>>
But this board told me that Owlcat were based slavs and uncucked by western SJW's
>>
>>1354651
Why would you ever trust the views of this board on anything? Owlcat are just a company. They're a good one and they make games I personally enjoy and that they seem passionate about, but no-one knows what their personal views of the world are like.
>>
>>1354681
this
>>
>>1354634
What boss and underling? There are no underlings in this story.
>>
>>1354651
only retarded slavs trying to flex their pride said that
>>
>>1354634
Being consistently drunk at work also shows a pattern of bad behaviour that is ignored by his simps
>>
>>1352822
>their truth
Well you got that right
>>
>>1356337
>Well you got that right
So did the press that investigated their claims and reported on it. If Avellone wanted to refute any points he should have replied when they reached out for comment
>>
>>1353357
>how the force works
the force works because the mitochondria is the power house of the cell
>>
>>1356738
They did not investigate the claims.

Most articles simply mentioned (and sometimes distorted) what was said on Twitter. As this GameSpot writer noted when asked to change his story, they don't do investigative articles:

https://twitter.com/_pbnjer/status/1280508164945907713

There were only three "investigative articles" that interviewed Karissa — from Kotaku, Bloomberg and Business Insider — and they all just allowed Karissa to have editorial control over their content:

https://twitter.com/SJBsMama/status/1283415424089182211

And her story was presented unchallenged, even though there were other people there who could have provided their perspectives.
>>
>>1357219
Why did Avellone not give comment to the press, that was foolish
>>
>>1357373
Why would you ever?
>>
>>1357402
Yes shrinking away was the correct choice. Genius tactic
>>
I wonder what Feargus and the other owners at Obsidian think about what happened to him
>>
>>1340941

His bits made NV far better than it would have been, and Durance is the best bit of PoE.
>>
>>1357219
>They did not investigate the claims.

Any woman that claims sexual assault and never goes to the police soon after is a liar and fraud, and it didn't bother them at all at the time.
>>
>>1357424
So you think they would just simply print his statement, in context, with no spin before and after?
>>
>>1358641
You sound like a sociopath
>>
>>1359392
not an argument
>>
>>1358742
If only there was some social media that existed that would allow him to post a statement
>>
>>1357402
to get out of bail and house arrest

chris avellone has been punished for the crime of hitting on women while being a mere 5/10
>>
Listen incels, he almost raped a woman, he should be thanking his lucky stars (and the patriarchy) he’s not in prison right now.
>>
>>1360638
You have no idea what you're talking about. He was never even in her room according to her own roommate:

http://archive.is/0OoiA
>>
>>1360671
Listen pavel, maybe almost raping women is acceptable in your village, but it’s not in America.
>>
>>1360687
>in America.
there is more rape here than in any other first world country
>>
>>1360671
Stop simping for him it's not too late to just be normal
>>
>>1360716
>statistics
whoah also you are more likely to get raped in Sweden than in turkey.
>>
>>1360744
the swedes were never civilized by the light of brown people civilization (ancient rome)
>>
>>1360744
Sweden is fucking dying, and Muslim countries actually enforce their own laws.
>>
>>1360762
>brown people civilization (ancient rome)
You know Julius was blond right?
>>
>>1360770
>gallant turksmell would never debauch a faire maiden!
what’s the point of being on the right if you are going to believe shitlib tier idiocy
>>
>>1360739
You'd need to have the ultimate sheeplike mentality to go along with disprovable slander about someone just to be "normal."
>>
>>1360777
Are you a retard?
Where did I say any of that?
Or even imply it?
All I said was that the Turks enforce their own laws, they don't just pat the rapist on the head and say it's okay, he's just a migrant, he didn't mean to do it, no jail for him.
>>
>>1360771
t. gieuseppe chianti
>>
>>1360793
>t. coping med
>>
>>1360779
Has your quest to save sirs livelihood been met with any success?
>>
Owlcat confirmed for being pozzed
I highly urge everyone to instead buy Baldur's Gate 3 made by the mega based team at Larian Studios, developers of the acclaimed Divinity Original Sin series
>>
>>1358228
Laughing at his idiocy.
>>
Was it sawyer or avellone that yelled at his artists that there weren't enough niggers in pillars of eternity?

I dont really like either of them. Retard leftists getting eaten by the retards they pandered to is karmic.

If they didn't want this to happen they shouldn't have egged it on.
>>
>>1342625
NO WAY! HE DESERVES THE FUCKING CHAIR!!
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (107 KB, 900x900)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>Shitheads literally defending unproven accusations of an attention whore
>A poor (in more than one sense) writer has to end his carrier because accusations were a good reason to end his contracts and not to complain with him about views on how rpgs should look like

I don't know who is right of wrong here, but i know one thing for sure. Y'all deserve all the shittiest products of the genre and the gaming industry in its form as a whole if you support things like
>i'm a wuman gib me attention
>>
>>1363709
its avellones fault for not defending himself. if you apologize to the mob you can get fucked.

if he actually stood up for himself, most of his fans (the people actually playing RPGs) would have supported him
>>
>>1363716
How many cancelled people successfully defended themselves?
I could only remember Kavanaugh (who's got a literal party support) and Gibson (an actor with shitton of money).
Is Avellone an active politician or a movie star?

I just remembered that not a single cancel ended successfully for the canceled in the gaming industry. That's not a mob, that's a fucking liberal SS.
>>
>>1363727
Not games but Vic Mignogna gained a lot of new fans and still gets invited to conventions, which is where he makes most of his money
>>
>>1363727
>I just remembered that not a single cancel ended successfully for the canceled in the gaming industry.
>Kingdom Come Deliverance
>Yoko Taro and 2B's ass
>Dragon's Crown artist calling a game journalist a homosexual
all went fine because the people involved didn't capitulate to the cancel mob
>>
>>1363727
oh and and even with all the skeletons in his closest, even beta Randy Pitchford has yet to be cancelled because he refuses to ever admit fault ever
>>
File: 1614065511672.jpg (196 KB, 900x900)
196 KB
196 KB JPG
>>1363766
>>1363772
Ok, Avellone is a pussy then. Dump him in trash.
>>
People simping for mediocre video game "writers" are pathetic. Avellone is an overhyped loser, all the games you credit him with were made with a host of other people involved and on his own he wouldn't create anything worthwhile. And his contributions only stand out because the standards for video game writing are so low
>>
A lot of people ITT are all "lawyer up" and "MUH COMPLETE EXONERATION" but the last thing corporations want to deal with is the government and that is precisely why Twitter cancellations are so effective. Amusingly enough this is the most democratic process we've probably ever seen (and I use 'democracy' as a neutral term, not a positive one like Americans do).

You can only lawyer up if it truly is a he-said-she-said situation (AngryJoe) OR if the receipts favor you (ProJared). Chris fucked up by failing a speech check on texts and looking pathetic apologizing/admitting it on Twitter. That's enough red flags for devs to not want to be involved with him anymore. Whether the story of his accusers have inconsistencies or not doesn't matter at that point.
He probably could have still lawyered up but I don't know why he didn't (he claimed to have enough 'fuck you' money to talk shit about Obsidian on RPGCodex, so that was clearly a lie).

Since these cancellations have been sexual by nature, here are my tips: don't be cringe, if you're gonna text be matter of fact/emotionless, have a witness with you at all times, keep receipts for everything (flight tickets, hotel arrivals, cabs taken, etc)
It's fucked up we have to live this way but we have to adapt to it.
>>
Sawyer stays winning
>>
>>1363967
>shitcanned after 2 distasters.
Winning.
>>
>>1363982
>disasters
>1st game sold over one million and had great user reviews
>2nd game did not sell as much but still turned profit and had great user reviews
Cope
>>
>>1363986
>>2nd game did not sell as much but still turned profit and had great user reviews
Cope
>>
>>1363982
was he fired too?
>>
>>1360638
Drunk texts are not rape ffs
>>
>>1364127
he's been accused of more than just texts anon
>>
>>1364211
By someone with a grudge, who was denying having any kind of story of harassment or abuse a year and a half after her incident with Chris:

https://archive.vn/21EuI
>>
>>1364254
people that have been harassed normally hold a grudge against their harraser
>>
>>1364314
Except her grudge isn't from that, it's from Chris breaking up with her friend.

She made it clear here:

http://archive.is/ZBt1a
>>
>>1363796
I never liked him.
>>
>>1363853
So basically dont be a pussy.



Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.