[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 118 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

New board added: /xs/ - Extreme Sports

New board added: /pw/ - Professional Wrestling

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

When do we think it's going to break the street date?
>>
Probably next week. I really want to know the remaining classes that they haven't showed yet
>>
>>1315084
Time to call up and bug my local video game store every day
>>
File: ITEM_IMAGE2.jpg (82 KB, 424x600)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
The artbook has been listed on SE's Japanese website.
>>
>>1315781
If only the models were normal proportioned.
>>
>>1314828
I cannot fathom why people are looking forward to this.

The previous two games were terrible in terms of story and bland in terms of gameplay.
>>
No Yoshida hurts but I'll give it a shot for Revo.
>>
>>1316821
Marketing + nostalgia pandering
>>
>>1316821
>>1317310
>nostalgia pandering
It is literally FF's III-V only true spiritual successor.
There is a market for that.
>>
>>1316821
>Reddit spacing
>Elitist
Go back. Also, fuck you, I have terrible taste and I loved the first two games.
>>
>>1317310
>marketing
What marketing?
>>
>>1316821
I really like the Job System.
>>
>>1316821
Bravely Default is my favorite JRPG. The story is great and the gameplay is incredibly fun, with lots of variation of party builds.
>>
>>1317399
I love BD/BS to bits, but please stop calling paragraphing reddit spacing. It makes you look stupid.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (49 KB, 367x947)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>1314828
>Time to save all the M'ladies as a lowly Agnostic, then power up to Atheist through courage and wisdom midgame
>Casts Disbelief on random magical fucko, 9999s
>Casts Euphoria: awesome self heal
>Addresses everyone as M'lady or Gentlesir in dialogue

Fuck I never knew I wanted this so bad until this moment.
>>
>>1316821
>I cannot fathom why people like something I don't like
>i cannot fathom why people aren't exactly like me, believe in my imaginary god, share my political beliefs, etc.

People like Bravely Default 1 because it's fun
>>
>>1316821
How were they bland in terms of gameplay I’d say the first one was fantastic in that sense with the amount of builds and job combinations you could and I’d go as far and say that second game improved on that despite having a much worse story.
>>
>>1316821
Story was great game play was great, I can't wait to see how they break the 4th wall in this version.
>>
New art style and models ruined it for me. No matter how much I enjoy the gameplay my party will never be cute.
>>
>new preview indicates that the game is dummy long with side quest
>weapon variety dropped to 6 types from 11
>class combination is still as fun as the other games
>there seems to be less classes than the last game, reviewer still isn't 100% certain about it because he is still in chapter 3
>theorist are guessing there will be 26 classes because of the alphabet symbols the asterisk has around them
>the story is what you would expect from a Bravely game so far
Source: era, so I'm not bothering with a direct link
>>
>>1321910
>26 classes
I'd believe it. BD had 24 and BS had 30.
If so, they missed a massive opportunity to name each one after a different letter of the alphabet though.
>>
>>1321943
Big time. But then again, it is a theory on how things looks. It could be different. But we won't know until they give the greenlight for reviewers to dump all sorts of late game info. That or a leak. This whole game had me anxious as fuck and I want to play it already and see all the classes. Sucks big dick that we won't get crossbows or guns on this game too
>>
>>1321943
I remember when people were doomposting that there wouldn't even be half the jobs there were in BD1 just because of how the job screen was shaped.
>>
File: 1613324850.jpg (380 KB, 2048x1152)
380 KB
380 KB JPG
I loved Bravely Defauly, like Bravely Second and Octopath and will definitely play this one, but the designs look a bit "off", wish they had gone for something different.
>>
>>1321208
he's the obvious bad guy anon

though it might be too obvious
>>
>>1323099
still no sign of a evil fairy
>>
File: dimensions.png (71 KB, 420x274)
71 KB
71 KB PNG
>>1317330
>It is literally FF's III-V only true spiritual successor.
Incorrect.
>>
>>1323132
I doubt they will do that for the third time, there will either be no fairy or one that we are led to suspect as being evil but is actually on our side.
The "Airy Lies" title screen from Bravely Default is still amazing.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (3.32 MB, 2000x1414)
3.32 MB
3.32 MB PNG
>>1323181
i NEED there to be an evil fairy
>>
>>1323132
One of the countries in the game is described as actively hunting fairies which are known to people as being dangerous tricksters, I doubt "fairies are evil" is the twist this time.
>>
>>1323325
i could see some some kind of bait and switch with expectations around the faeries
>>
>>1316821
filtered
>>
>>1323330
Inb4 the twist is that the church and player expectations are wrong and fairies are actually not evil in this one.
They can even pull a double twist with having one of the otherwise innocent fairies being actually evil for reasons unrelated to it being a fairy.
>>
>>1316821
>bland in terms of gameplay

Bit harsh. Mainly what I'd like is for the towns not to be glorified shop menus and the dungeons not bland grids with no real character, so I'm optimistic.
>>
File: 1585601747615.jpg (209 KB, 801x1200)
209 KB
209 KB JPG
I wish there was more good or at least decent fanart. This will change when the game comes out, r-right?
>>
>>1321910
Eh to be fair, a lot of the weapon types in second felt superfluous so cutting them out might have been an attempt to remove unneeded bloat.
>>
Is there a list of all of the confirmed classes and what they do?
>>
>>1324526
Freelancer - Jack of all trades job that functions similarly to previous incarnations.
Black Mage - Self explanatory.
White Mage - See above. Doesn't have any Aero spells.
Monk - Strong physical attacker whose abilities cost HP.
Vanguard - Physical tank with some decent offensive abilities and stat debuffs.

Thief - Standard thief, complete with an HP draining ability.
Gambler - RNG, the job. Was shown to have a roulette ability, one outcome is a party-wide lightning attack, another instantly kills the user.
Beastmaster - H'aanit from Octopath, pretty much. Capture monsters and unleash them in battle. Has a party-wide Silence ability.
Bard - Performer 2.0. Has a song that inflicts Sleep. The defensive buffs reduce damage from physical/magical attacks by a certain percentage rather than buffing the respective stats.

Red Mage - Another jack of all trades. Was shown to have Stone and Aero spells. Apparently, its healing spells restore by a specific amount instead of scaling off Restorative Power.
Ranger - Looks like it's the same as the unremarkable Ranger from the previous games, but supposedly has a passive that nullifies enemy counter abilities.
Shieldmaster - Gigatank, can protect allies and reflect a portion of the damage they take back at enemies.
Pictomancer - Some sort of debuffer, likely focusing on inflicting elemental weaknesses.

Dragoon - Spears, jumping and an attack that restores HP and MP.
Swordmaster - Counters, something about "pursuit" which seems to makes abilities activate twice in a row.
Spiritmaster - Defensive support, can heal the party at regular intervals and has a light based spell.
Oracle - Time Mage 2.0.
Salve-Maker - Combine stuff like before, has a stronger Examine ability.

Hell Blade - The lovechild of Spell Fencer and Dark Knight.
Phantom - High evasion and speed, basically Ninja. Apparently has magical abilities as well.
Arcanist - Very strong offensive mage, some spells use allies in some way.
Bastion - Templar 2.0.
>>
>>1324605
They better not have made Red Mage suck. One of the best things about Bravely Default was how great the job was.
>>
>>1324605
arigato, anon
>>
>>1324491
look up bravely default tag, then half it
>>
>>1324611
They better have made Red Mages suck. One of the worst mistakes a job-based game can make is letting a hybrid class outshine a specialized class.
>>
>>1324605
Not enough space to include Berkserker. Has Crescent Moon and an ability that raises P.Atk but lowers P.Def. Has oddly high M.Atk as well.
>>
>>1324625
Stop being dumb
>>
>>1324638
I'm not, I resent games where Red Mages outshine Black Mages and White Mages.
The best games are where Red Magic is a crutch for when you need a little bit of both offensive+healing but have insufficient ability slots.
The worst games are where Red Mages are 80% as good as Black or White Mages while still being able to equip light armor and swords.
>>
>>1324653
red mages aren't special in bravely because they can cast white and black magic anon
>>
>>1324653
>I'm not, I resent games where Red Mages outshine Black Mages and White Mages.

Which is what, Final Fantasy 1? A game where magic kind of sucks in general and the strength of the Red Mage is actually that he can physically attack for a lot of damage.
Have you played Bravely Default? Red Mage is a utility class.
>>
>>1324605
Just noticed they still have yet to show what the Blue Mage substitute is in this one.
I hope they don't drop the whole idea altogether.
>>
>>1324653
It seems like Red Mages are getting completely unique spells in this one. Neither Black Mage nor White Mage have Stone/Aero, and their healing seems to work differently from White Mage's.
Besides, Red Mages in BD have always been a bit unique anyways instead of just being 1/2 Black Mage+1/2 White Mage+ 1/2 Fighter.
>>
>>1324653
>>1324625
Red Mage in Bravely Default was mainly good for the amount of BP support abilities it got, not what it could cast
>>
>>1324682
Not him but Red Mage actually is better than Black and White for a good while in both BD1 and 2. Then again offensive magic in BD1 was a giant joke until when you got Pierce M Def and in the case of BS, its not that BMs are bad, its just that you get two superior offensive magic jobs before it so it has no point.
>>
>>1324605
Ranger was pretty bad in BS but in BD it was useful when combined with Spellfencer early on since you could stack two different kinds of weakness damage. The outfit however was just ugly as hell so I never wanted to use the thing.
>>
File: file.png (214 KB, 360x450)
214 KB
214 KB PNG
>>1324870
What do you mean? You don't want to be a furry?
>>
>>1324865
Black Mage always hits harder enough to be noticeable. Bravely Default is also one of those games where Black Mage isn't the ultimate caster class.
>>
>>1324916
I wish that was the case, but it really wasn't so in BS. Wizard and Summoner completely dump on Black Mage all game long.
>>
>>1324922
Bravely Second is a different story, yeah. In Default, Arcanist with Black Magic the hardest hitting caster, I believe. Red Mage can be a fun healer, but you have to master White Magic on the White Mage and give it to your Red Mage. White Mage is a better healer as is.
>>
>>1324928
Arcanist's spells in generally just hit hard and I'd argue that Arcanist/Time Mage or Vampire/Time Mage dual wielding staves are superior casters since they still ram the 9999 damage cap while bringing utility.
>>
>>1324934
Time mage is really fun. I love being able to precisely dictate turn order with it.
>>
>>1314828
I NEED THIS GAME NOW
>>
>>1316821
>I cannot fathom why people are looking forward to this.
I liked the first game and I liked the last demo for BDII, it was fun.
>>
File: 6 (2).jpg (654 KB, 1920x2160)
654 KB
654 KB JPG
>>1323463
>Mainly what I'd like is for the towns not to be glorified shop menus
I'd liked this too. You're the first I've seen criticize the towns. I just want towns to actually feel like towns, but it seems BDII is the same as always.
>>
>>1325674
towns look great, and seem to have more to do than in previous games.
>>
>>1324847
Wouldn't it be the Beastmaster? Instead of learning monster attacks, you catch pokemon and make them fight for you. Wonder how that scales off stats tho, do the monsters use/get buffs from your stats? Idk how it worked in Octopath, i haven't play it yet because I'm desperately trying to finish Bravely Second before 2 comes out
>>
>>1325786
I'd say Beastmaster in BD2 is only about as much of a Blue Mage as it was in FF5, where Blue Mage already existed
>>
File: 120.jpg (67 KB, 442x905)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>1324870
>The outfit however was just ugly as hell so I never wanted to use the thing
I hope BDII has alternate outfits like previous games did
>>
>>1325968
As long as they're readily accessible. Most of the bonus outfits in BD1 take forever to unlock.
>>
>>1321208
hes going to betray the party
>>
How will the localization radically change the game this time
>>
>>1326030
kill yourself
>>
>>1325968
why would you want that the character models are ugly as shit
>>
File: 121.jpg (19 KB, 236x465)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>1326043
>the character models are ugly as shit
They were shit in the previous games too, but I still liked the alternate outfits all the same.
>>
>>1326033
I heard the same team who localized DQ11 is localizing this game, Shloc Ltd. They also localized the original Default.
>>
>>1326037
He's the only one not standing on the tree in the promo art and he isn't using the free lancer class
>>
>>1326262
>your whole party betrays him
>>
>>1326030
Nah, I don't think that's gonna be the twist.
We've seen him in outfits even for later jobs, unlike Janne and Nikolai.
Unless they are really commited to the bit or his betrayal comes really late in the game, I don't think it's gonna be a betrayal.
Though I'll admit it is indeed wierd how every promo image shows him in black mage gear instead of his freelancer outfit.
>>
Should i give this game a shot?
I really liked BD1 but i loathed how the game repeats itself after killing the ‘’’final boss’’’ the first time
Then in BD2 i dropped it around when i got the performer class because it just got boring as fuck
>>
>>1326634
What was it that bored you in BS?
>>
>>1317870
>The story is great
>>
>>1326729
Yes
>>
File: concern (2).png (27 KB, 137x165)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
>>1326212
>They also localized the original Default
oh....
>>
>>1318779
>It makes you look stupid.
Your posts look stupid, redditor.
>>
>>1324865
>so it has no point
If you're talking about wizard, that job actually felt like trash as a main and was mostly there for the spellcraft command. Basically all their spells except the light/dark ones aren't useful compared to what you can get from red mage, white mage or black mage.
>>
>>1327134
Wizard as a job completely outclasses Black Mage.
>Innate spellcraft saving you two skillslots that you'd have to burn with the other magic jobs
>Innate S Rank Int and S Rod meaning that it unironically uses Black Magic better than the actual black magic job while still tying in Mnd and Agi
>Spellcraft for whatever reason scales harder on innate AoE spells than it does innate single target spells
Black Mage just doesn't class with Wizard in the long run. There is a brief period in 2nd where Black Mage is a bit better than Wizard but it falls behind once again.
>>
>>1316821
I really enjoyed the first game, it was incredibly refreshing to play a JRPG that respected my time and the job system was fun to play around with.
I only played the second one for a little bit, I still have to complete it.
>>
>>1326037
The demo got datamined, you know
>>
>>1327271
But its seems like he stays with yours party based on the footage we've seen
>>
>>1326957
squeenix still made the decision to unsexy the bravo bikini, etc

plus, the asterisks don't seem to be that sexy to begin with
>>
>>1327153
Wasnt spellcraft a job command?
>>
>>1327623
The job command is Spirit Magic. Spellcraft is the passive.
>>
>>1315907
I would've much rather preferred that to the RealGirl Dolls we got for character models.
>>
>>1326634
It doesn't "repeat" itself.
>>
>>1328532
He probably either assumed that Alternis was the final boss or triggered the ending you got from beating Airy early without understanding why the game booted you back to the loop before you killed her.
>>
>>1329197
No, he probably listened to all the people talking about needing to replay the game 4 times to get the true ending.
>>
>>1329203
How did this misinfo even start anyway? You do need to redo some boss fights but you don't need to replay the entire game.
>>
>>1329294
Shitters who complain about the game being repetitive, who also refuse to use encounter-skip because "Oh, so you have to skip the game to enjoy it? Sounds like a bad game then"
>>
>>1329297
Once you get to Chapter 5, you're honestly better off just turning on encounter skip after you get all of the Vampire moves. There's a good place to grind for exp/jp whenever you need it and the majority of fights after that point are a huge waste of time or just not worth the effort.
>>
>>1321477
Who said anything about god or politics? take your meds.
>>
>>1329297
This is exactly why I hate zoomers and normalfags
>>
>>1327271
kill yourself
>>
>>1327271
There wasn't anything that supports that claim tho
>>
>>1326701
Probably the encounter rate and how the game was not too different from BD. Or maybe it was JRPG burnout
Basically the game didn’t suck me in as it initially did in BD.
About ‘repeating’ the game, i probably wanted the game to end and when i discovered that you had to rethread same areas and things i really lost all motivation to move on.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (1.12 MB, 1089x480)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB PNG
Pictomancer asterisk holder?
>>
>>1332843
100%
>>
>Still doesn't tell you exactly how strong abilities are, just vague terms like "very powerful"
What was the purpose behind this change
>>
>>1314828
I dunno if anyone gives enough of a shit about this to break street date for it.
>>
>>1334729
I hope they care so little that they break the street date for it
>>
>>1334736
I guess that's another way to look at it.
>>
File: 5_.png (1.51 MB, 1248x702)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB PNG
Thoughts on this dragon?
https://youtu.be/eP3emy34hrQ
>>
>>1326634
but what the fuck if you didn't finish the first two games what makes you think you will finish the third one?
>>
>>1335550
Thats Shinryu
>>
File: ASTERISK_CODE.jpg (53 KB, 766x1021)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
There's a theory that each job represents a letter in the asterisk alphabet . check this out for yourself anons: https://youtu.be/sgZkxdsoc_4

It's quite fascinating
>>
>>1318779
>paragraphing
>each ''''''''''''paragraph'''''''''''' is a single sentence
literal invalid
>>
>>1337918
Paragraphs can be single or multiple sentences, illiterate anon.
>>
>>1337930
Not in the case you used it. There was quite literally no reason to space those two sentences out.

>>>/reddit/
>>
So new final trailer and pic possible another new class since I can't identify the outfit.
https://youtu.be/UI6U3oggBqE
>>
STOP UPDATING THE DEMO
>>
>>1338319
so are we allowed to presume there will be the usual twists in the plot?
>>
>>1338573
Possibly
>>1338498
???? Theres no demo update. Or did I miss something?
>>
>>1338573
Duh, it is BD after all.
Wonder what the title twist will be though. They don't have a lot to work with in the title this time.
>>
>>1338593
The direct says "an updated demo is also available".
I'm not sure if that refers to the previous updated demo, or a new update.
>>
>>1338611
Means the already final demo. Tho theres something odd on the eshop. Although I had the demo for a while now, it still prompts me to download it. Even though it downloads nothing
>>
>>1338319
>tfw 1:57
>>
File: fft drk.png (422 KB, 688x707)
422 KB
422 KB PNG
>>1324653
>>1324625
Red mages are bad in almost every game they're in. This is a weird thing to have a hang-up on. Even in Bravely they were only good for their passive BP skills, not for their shitty spellcasting or melee

I wish we would get a game where red mage was a competitive main job
>>
>>1339104
>FF1
>FF11
>FF14
>>
>>1339195
11 I give you, it's probably the best implementation of a red mage ever. 14 they're only "good" because they're hardly red mages at all, they're just a DPS class. And last I followed it they weren't top tier or anything either.
>>
>>1339206
>14 they're only "good" because they're hardly red mages at all, they're just a DPS class.
They're DPSes that heal and revive... just like a red mage
>And last I followed it they weren't top tier or anything either.
You just shifted the goalpast from "bad" to "not top tier"
>>
>>1339104
>Red is bad in almost every game
>Red trounces Thief and Black Mage in 1
>Red is easily one of the strongest jobs for over half of FF3
>Red is basically a better White/Black Mage for World 1 and a good bit of World 2 in 5 and is mandatory for any magic based build
>They're solid in 11 and 14
>For a decent chunk of BD you're better off running Red/X for your mages than White/X or Black/X once as long as you're up to date with your magic
Yeah they tend to fall off eventually but Red is generally an above average class in the series with more highs than lows.
>>
I finally picked up Bravely Second on Ebay so that by the time I beat it, Bravely Default 2 will be a decent price.
How does it compare to the first?
>>
>>1339418
I liked it as well as the first, but I'm in the very very small minority
>>
>>1339375
Red Mage is embarrassingly bad in FF5 compared to the chad Blue Mage
>>
I wanna lovingly nakadashi edea.
>>
>>1337918
kill

yourself
>>
>>1321208
It's literally Ardyn 2.0, he is 100% the main villain
>>
File: 1520283597588.png (391 KB, 720x505)
391 KB
391 KB PNG
>>1324605
Vanguard is just renamed Knight from what I can see
Gambler seems to be a retooled Merchant
Bastion is just renamed Templar (even has Templar's signature Rampart)
Oracle is renamed Time Mage
Bard is renamed Performer
Hell Blade is just Spell Fencer and Dark Knight in one which is great QoL because it was the most optimal combination for Dark Knight anyway in BD1 (so he could use Spell Fencer's drain against anything that wasn't immune/absorbed dark and use elemental ones against those that did)
Phantom is renamed Ninja
Berserker is just renamed Pirate

I'm deeply concerned about the lack of Summoner and Blue Mage.
>>
>>1325674
>Not Caldisla aka Halcyonia (generic medieval castle in grasslands near mountains)
>Not Ancheim aka Savalon (desert arab city)
>Not Florem aka Wizwald (treehugger city)
>Not Eisenberg aka Holograd (military city of war)
>Not Eternia aka Reimdahl (isolationist snow city)
Feels less like a new game and more like a straight up reboot of the first game.
>>
>>1326957
Don't worry, Square Enix has "ethics committee" now that just censors games on development level so there is nothing left to censor worldwide as games are already pre-censored even in JP.
>>
>>1338598
>They don't have a lot to work with in the title this time.
Bravely Default didn't get the "Flying Fairy"(JP)/"Where the Fairy Flies"(EN) subtitle until after you finished the prologue.
>>
File: AlexandriaByTheSteeple.png (258 KB, 528x432)
258 KB
258 KB PNG
>>1325761
>towns look great
They do, but there still small as shit. I wish they made them bigger and have different sections like most other turn-based games.
>>
File: 1604673853358m.jpg (92 KB, 1024x416)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
Thoughts?
>>
>>1339887
Beastmaster would be the new Blue Mage. Since you know, it uses captured monsters to use their moves
>>
>>1340290
If they do that, It better not be FFV/Octopath style Beastmaster where captured monsters have limited uses.
>>
>>1340305
Or even BS's Blue Mage
>>
>>1340322
Oh god, why did you have to remind me.
At least you could autofarm the items in a low level place. Having to go back to old areas to recapture monsters over and over would be a massive pain.
>>
where are the sexy jobs at
>>
>>1340305
Did..did you not tried the demo? It works exactly like that but without the limited amount you can hold. You can capture a max of 99 of the same monster and hold pretty much everything that isn't a boss monster.
>>
>>1340671
No, I didn't play the demos.
>>
>>1340688
Should play the final one to have a taste of the gameplay and classes. Nothing gets transfer over since it starts you on chapter 1.
>>
>>1340700
At this point, we're barely a week away from the real game anyways. To be honest, I didn't play the final demo cause I thought it only had the jobs that were in the first demo, I didn't know some other ones were in it too.
>>
>>1340246
Right is unironically better minus Elvis.
>>
>>1341503
Nah.
>>
>>1339501
For someone who plays the game blind, Blue Mage is dogshit. It doesn't shine until later playthroughs when you know where all of the blue magic spells are. Granted it is a damn good job.
>>
>>1314828
that would be very brave of them but not default at all
>>
>>1341588
Blue magic was the best in FFVII
>>
>>1341591
they would be defaulting on the obligation to not sell ahead of the launch date
one might even say they would have to bravely default too
>>
>>1341588
This is an issue with Blue Magic in general, which is why Quina is probably the overall best Blue Mage cause there's at least SOME discovery mechanism for getting new blue magic. (Kimahri's lancet is probably the best blue magic acquisition system, but his blue magic is shit)
>>1341963
How was it better in 7 than 5?
>>
>>1339887
Is weird having no summoner. That's pretty dammed iconic.
>>
>>1342773
7 had tons of broken spells you could get pretty early. Only thing that stopped the game from being unstoppable broken was high mp costs.
>>
>>1343392
beta is all you need
>>
>>1343385
Especially since BD's take on the summons was pretty cool.
>>
>>1343392
You can get Vampire from the first cave in FF5
>>
>>1340290
Beastmaster wasn't Blue Mage in FF5 though.
And the weird jungle amazon bitch in Octopath that was a Beastmaster sure as shit didn't play like a Blue Mage in the slightest.
So if this game doesn't have proper Blue Mage and Summoner then it's already trash tier.
>>
>>1314828
One thing I don't understand - why is everyone portrayed in their Freelancer outfits except totally-not-Ardyn who is portrayed as Black Mage?
>>
What's the difference between the two demos? Any reason to play the first one instead of just the Final demo?
>>
>>1344940
First one has the old mechanics, so if you're curious how much worse it was, there's a reason to try it
>>
>bravely default II
>II
>2 demos
>>
>>1340246
what am i looking at? fan mockup of BD2 characters in BD1 style? are they giving you an option to revert to BD1 artstyle in BD2?
>>
>>1345149
BD2 characters in a gacha game.
>>
>>1345149
Costumes for the player from BD Fairy's Effect. It shutdown last year after 3 years of service.
>>
>>1344726
That's the question everyone's been asking for ages.
It definitely has some plot importance, but we don't know what exactly yet.
They keep having him show up in these clothes in every piece of promo art where everyone else is wearing Freelancer clothing.
It's probably not a Janne/Nikolai case though, since he has outfits for most jobs, even having his own separate Freelancer outfit.
Maybe he pulls a Galuf later on and gets replaced by someone else. Would explain the model size dissonance between him and the rest of the party, and the fact that the promo art intentionally singles him out.
>>
The game has more jobs than the ones revealed,right
>>
>>1345785
Probably a few more left.
I can't imagine there not being at least one lategame job in the vein of Conjurer/Yokai, and we have yet to see Summoner or whatever the Blue Mage substitute is this time.
>>
>>1345785
We are expecting at least 3 more for a total of 26. 23 have been fully revealed. the 24th was teased on the latest trailer with Zeth having a white and green outfit, which possible be that old man's asterisk back when he was at his prime theres a slight possibility you either find this, be very story related or there might be some time travel shenanigans again
>>
File: 10244.png (992 KB, 1178x736)
992 KB
992 KB PNG
New trailer is out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX1-vxefI6I
>>
>>1346593
each new trailer they show is making me cautiously optimistic and making the game overall appear a little better every time
>>
my store told me to stop calling them and check again next wednesday
so I'm going to call them on tuesday
>>
>>1346593
Our evil fairy for BDII, I was wondering when she was going to show
>>
>>1346233
>the 24th was teased on the latest trailer with Zeth having a white and green outfit
timestamp?
>>1347241
take your meds
>>
>>1347747
no just inject bd2 directly into my veins
>>
>>1347747
https://youtu.be/Hv2Zvj49Y2g?t=134
>>
>>1348168
Thanks. I was wondering what the special was from
>>
Finally, bought the digital game now that it's up for purchase instead of pre order. 7 more fucking days!
>>
I've been flipflopping on this. I enjoyed the first game, but never played Second. But I just can't seem to get excited for this.
>>
>>1347349
Her design looks pretty boring compared to Airy. It lacks Soul.
>>
>>1317399
Looks like newfags are still falling for a 5 year old falseflag
>>
So the game is 6 days away from release but, when will the embargo be lifted for reviews?
>>
>>1349759
Soulless like a true villain
>>
File: 87-BD111-56.jpg (55 KB, 560x322)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>1351154
Airy was Soulful
>>
This is going to sell 500k at the absolute best
>>
>>1351778
I'm one of them, already got my guaranteed delivery for day 1.
>>
File: image.jpg (2.92 MB, 4032x3024)
2.92 MB
2.92 MB JPG
>>1314828
Who knows
>>
>>1352008
YOU MOTHERFUCKER HAND THAT OVER
where tho
>>
>>1352012
It’s just a display case unfortunately but if you want I can post the back of the box, don’t think that’s been shown online
>>
>>1352023
Oh, sure, that'd be neat. We can theorycraft more.
For everyone else: the places I've called nearby have said that they're likely to get copies in on Wednesday.
>>
File: image.jpg (3.9 MB, 4032x3024)
3.9 MB
3.9 MB JPG
>>1352037
Here you go, hopefully there’s some new stuff here
>>
>bravely repetitious
lol nope never again
>>
>>1352275
Yes I'm sure this game will be exactly the same as the last 2 games. Even though they got criticized by it and they are doing something different this time around.
>>
Default 1 didn't have the subtitle on the box either. At least the US version doesn't. It's good that they're hiding it from us, as someone would've probably figured it out by now.
>>
>>1352599
I hope BD2 will be good, THOUGH BD1 sets a high bar. The classes are pretty nice, even THOUGH they seem like rehashes of BD1 classes. I would also like cosmetic outfits to return alTHOUGH the job outfits are pretty nice. The ost is also really great; BD1 still probably has the better regular asterisk boss theme THOUGH. This is hopefully be a great jrpg, likely not the best THOUGH.
>>
>>1352845
The cast chemistry is pretty meh this time around unlike the original and second. I honestly don't know why these people are even working together.
>>
>>1352845
I don't need it to be as great as BD1, I just need it to not be a massive disappointment like Octopath.
>>
>>1352599
THOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGHTHOUGH
>>
>>1351778
You know it's kinda funny to think that BD second half of repeating stuff would have such a domino effect on this series
>>
>>1353338
It's a good filter for people who are too shit at RPGs to understand what the game is trying to do.
>>
>>1327153
Spirit Magic also gets double the benefit from INT so it just plain scales better in the long run IIRC. If you're using single-target spells, Hammer is the good shit. Although frankly Second is a better game if you just completely ignore all the new classes because they're all broken as fuck and overshadow the old ones like crazy.

>among the first six classes you get, four have ways to break the damage limit
Actually criminal.
>>
>>1354154
>Although frankly Second is a better game if you just completely ignore all the new classes because they're all broken as fuck and overshadow the old ones like crazy.
Charioteer, Fencer, and Hawkeye are all balanced Jobs.
>>
>>1352982
>I honestly don't know why these people are even working together.
All we got was a brief demo chill out
>>
>>1354379
Charioteer and Fencer both can break the damage limit, Hawkeye is an ezpz way to offset the "downsides" of wielding multiple weapons. They're all OP.
>>
>>1354551
>Charioteer and Fencer both can break the damage limit
Then everything is broken because everything can exceed 9999 damage in 1 turn.
>>
>>1354565
Using what, Brave? Spellcraft? Most classes can't do it.
>>
File: nihal.png (246 KB, 680x680)
246 KB
246 KB PNG
>>
>>1354857
Fuck her sandworm.
>>
>Still no leak.
I just wanted to play this weekend.
>>
>>1354783
>Most classes can't do it.
>Hawkeye is an ezpz way to offset the "downsides" of wielding multiple weapons.
>actually, [Job] isn't broken because it can't exceed 9999 damage by itself
So which is it?
>>
>>1354379
>Hawkeye
>Balanced
>When its basically Spellfencer from BD except now it can ignore def and has a competent AoE move that you can spam which also throws Valkyrie in the garbage
Ninja/Hawkeye is basically the Ninja/Spellfencer combo from 1 except way stronger.
>>
>>1326421
Now THAT would be a neat twist. BDII can't really break the 4'th wall and have it be a suprise, so fliping genre conventions on their head would substitute quite well.
>>
>>1355871
>and has a competent AoE move that you can spam which also throws Valkyrie in the garbage
Sidewinder is weaker than Crescent Moon.
>Ninja/Hawkeye is basically the Ninja/Spellfencer combo from 1 except way stronger.
That would mean Ninja is broken instead of Hawkeye and Spell Fencer.
>>
>>1356051
Sidewinder has a higher modifier but it has diminishing returns against more targets.
Also, Ninja by itself isn't that broken. Its hard to kill with Utsusemi spam but it doesn't deal that much damage. Its when you combine it with Spellfencer/Hawkeye who can be splashed onto other jobs and dramatically increase their damage outputs that it truly shines.
>>
>>1340246
Elvis looks stupid and everyone looks a bit bland, but I'd take almost anything over whatever BDII's models are.
>>
>>1356074
>Also, Ninja by itself isn't that broken.
Because Ninja combined with nearly everything else IS broken.
>outspeed everything and inflict status ailments before the enemy can attack
>outspeed everything and cast buffs and debuffs before the enemy can attack
>outspeed everything and heal your party
>outspeed everything and end your turn with Stillness or Calm
>Utsusemi can be combined with Transience, Comeback Kid, and Turn Tables
>Kairai allows every single-target attack to be redirected into Nothing Ventured, Know Thine Enemy, and Soul Mirror
Which brings us back to...
>actually, [Job] isn't broken because it can't break the game by itself
>>
>>1356149
Ninjas have high speed but its not that difficult to get high speed in BD/BS or at least rig speed in your favor, all of those outspeed the enemy to do X utility is basically nothing. What high agi on ninja is good for is using it to generate additional hit counts on your attacks, except that doesn't really shine unless you glue on a subjob who can actually take advantage of its high hit counts to provide actual damage.
Ninja is definitely a strong physical option but as a job itself, it does lack in some areas. Not to mention that being too fast (like Ninja) is actually a slight detriment some instances because of the way BD calculates turn speed so its way more likely for your Ninja to go first when you don't want it to and waste everyone's time because it triggered Stillness first. That's why your Stillness bot should always be the slowest party member that's still faster than the boss.

An actually broken job would be something like Wizard which instantly makes every other magical job better just by existing while still being really powerful by itself or Salve Maker who trivializes everything from the word go. Ninja is a solid A Tier job along with stuff like Spell Fencer and Hawkeye.
>>
>>1356186
>Not to mention that being too fast (like Ninja) is actually a slight detriment some instances because of the way BD calculates turn speed so its way more likely for your Ninja to go first when you don't want it to and waste everyone's time because it triggered Stillness first. That's why your Stillness bot should always be the slowest party member that's still faster than the boss.
And it's possible to make all of your other party members faster than your Ninja/Spiritmaster while still having all of them guaranteed to outspeed everything.
>An actually broken job would be something like Wizard which instantly makes every other magical job better just by existing while still being really powerful by itself or Salve Maker who trivializes everything from the word go. Ninja is a solid A Tier job along with stuff like Spell Fencer and Hawkeye.
Give me a ban list for both games then. Which Jobs, Abilities, and other options are off limits?
>>
>>1356241
Ninja/Spiritmaster is just a dumb combination since Spiritmaster doesn't offer anything meaningful to your Ninja which is supposed to be a damage dealer first and utility character second. If you really want a Ninja and a Spiritmaster in the same team is more effective to split them apart so Ninja acts a DPS while Spiritmaster goes on a support bot who goes through the motions of casting Stillness, Fairy Ward, etc depending on the fight.
Besides, during the course of BD1, its honestly far easier to just run the Dark Knight + 2H + Drain Sword/Blood Sword cheese than messing around with Ninja since Dark Knights can easily hit 9999 damage by themselves and self heal against everything except for undead (but the only major undead boss at point can get one shot by Bravely Second + Elixir so whatever to that).
If you want to make a "banlist" you'd practically have to ban subjobs on a whole and maybe stuff like Hasten World, Salvemaker, Dark Knight and Merchant on the side and that's just BD1. Due to the way that games like BD work, even if you did ban the obviously broken combos, you'd probably still stumble on some other stupid thing. For example sealing off Wizard/Echo bullshit, still leaves Mass Attack Catmancers in 2nd among others.
>>
I've cleared out my whole next weekend to blast through this game
>>
>>1356276
>Ninja/Spiritmaster is just a dumb combination since Spiritmaster doesn't offer anything meaningful to your Ninja which is supposed to be a damage dealer first and utility character second.
>completely negating damage to your party doesn't offer anything meaningful to you
>If you want to make a "banlist" you'd practically have to ban subjobs on a whole and maybe stuff like Hasten World, Salvemaker, Dark Knight and Merchant on the side and that's just BD1. Due to the way that games like BD work, even if you did ban the obviously broken combos, you'd probably still stumble on some other stupid thing. For example sealing off Wizard/Echo bullshit, still leaves Mass Attack Catmancers in 2nd among others.
I actually did make one for Bravely Default and Bravely Second:
https://pastebin.com/pnXdjSJv
>>
>>1356347
>completely negating damage to your party doesn't offer anything meaningful to you
When combining jobs you do so to optimize their roles. Eg, optimizing damage, utility etc. Spiritmaster as a job is a full time duty that basically overrides everything else that you could be doing especially if you're using Stillness without Hasten World. Turning your Ninja into a stillness bot is a waste of the job, hence why it doesn't offer anything meaningful to Ninja as a job. Its the same reason why you don't really see Performer getting splashed with something like Ninja and is often paired up with something like Freelancer for Mimic.
>>
>>1356386
>Spiritmaster as a job is a full time duty that basically overrides everything else that you could be doing
>implying you can only have 1 Spiritmaster on the field
>Turning your Ninja into a stillness bot is a waste of the job, hence why it doesn't offer anything meaningful to Ninja as a job.
Please explain to me how completely negating negating on your side of the field is a waste of a party member. "It doesn't offer anything to Ninja" is irrelevant because Ninja offers Spiritmaster the speed it needs to cast Stillness before everything else.
Better yet, take a look at this dude's setup and tell me that it's bad:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/3ds/729328-bravely-default/faqs/68431 (Ctrl + F to "consecutive")
>This strategy allows to kill one enemy every two turns in almost every battle.
>>
>>1356477
Actually, I take that back; Spiritmaster negates the low defenses of Ninja via Stillness.
>>
Do I have to play the earlier games before this? I don't like playing in handheld but the series interests me
>>
>>1356477
You can just equip Speed+x% from Thief and Hermes gear if you want to rig your Spiritmaster's speed.
>>
>>1356515
Probably not, since it's supposed to be a new story.
But Bravely is full of meta shit, so none of us know for sure where the story will go.
>>
>>1356515
At least so far, Default 2 seems to be completely unrelated to Default 1 and Second, so no
>>
>>1356515
Probably not. They are supposed to be separate games much like how Final Fantasy games are.
Given how the writing team likes their meta twists, there might be a few references to the first two, but it almost certainly won't anything too major.
>>
>>1356539
No, because Ninja offers higher damage with Dual Wield as its Specialty, B in Strength, and B in Katanas.
>>
>>1356572
Except the Ninja will be busy using Stillness/Fairy Ward which eat up a lot of BP so the potential higher damage won't exist against bosses. There's several combos in BD1 that can work and get the job done, but it doesn't necessarily mean that they're applicable in every scenario. For example, the back to back group battles will want you to have two spiritmasters specifically to counter the fights against enemies who spam ailments while still projecting your team, but against a Nemesis, fight you'd use something else.
>>
>>1356627
>There's several combos in BD1 that can work and get the job done, but it doesn't necessarily mean that they're applicable in every scenario.
That doesn't mean Ninja isn't broken.
>but against a Nemesis, fight you'd use something else.
I've never considered the Nemeses to be balanced boss battles because you have to completely negate damage to your party AND pierce their defenses. I'm worried that Bravely Default II will have an equally terrible post-game, too.
>>
>>1356681
Ninja is a good job but its not broken. Controlling speed tiers in BD isn't very difficult, optimizing its damage is a lot more involved than say Dark Knight who can basically ram the damage cap on its own and so on. Its probably the poster child of, decent on its own, powerful when combined with some other job.
>>
>>1356714
So which Jobs ARE broken? Because I'm still waiting for feedback on my ban list >>1356347, and I'm not convinced with "actually, it's not broken."
>>
>>1324605
>4 gamblers
>>
>>1355802
Hawkeye is the enabling class in that case so Hawkeye is broken. Charioteer and Fencer both offer additional ways to break the damage limit that go beyond dual-wielding.
>>
>>1314828
elvis betrays you
>>
>>1357616
>Not everyone betraying Elvis and you play out his revenge
ngmi
>>
>>1357609
>Hawkeye is the enabling class in that case so Hawkeye is broken.
Is it Hawkeye that's broken, or is it Ninja/Hawkeye that's broken? Is Hawkeye broken if it's paired with other Jobs?
>Charioteer and Fencer both offer additional ways to break the damage limit that go beyond dual-wielding.
Such as? I'm pretty sure Falcon Claw needs Specials, Quad Wield, and Achilles' Heel to hit 9999 damage on each hit.
>>
>>1357616
Elivs is clearly an dimensional hooper like ringbell , their specials even sound similar
>>
>>1357820
If that is the case then I'd guess that the party is working towards some evil goal with or without their knowledge, and Elvis betrays them because of it.
>>
>>1325674
holy fuck those character models look really out of place on those maps. it's like when you play a ps1 game with 3d character and prerendered areas and you increase the internal res
>>
>>1357745
>I'm pretty sure Falcon Claw needs Specials, Quad Wield, and Achilles' Heel to hit 9999 damage on each hit.
No there are quite a few ways to pull it off. But besides that, you technically don't need to do 9999 damage on every hit, just more than 5000. That said, you end up relying on buffs, debuffs, and TP batteries anyways (oh hi patissier)
>>
File: EkdhM8fWMAEDawX.gif (1.2 MB, 862x1200)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB GIF
>>1314828
I didn't even played the demos,I'm just going to preorder it and play on release,the first one was way too good.
Fuck Airy by the way,she was harder than the final boss
>>
File: 12x.jpg (899 KB, 1536x1902)
899 KB
899 KB JPG
Man the artstyle looks so nice, but like always they have to ruin it with chibishit.
>>
This game seems interesting/fun (played a bit of the demo) but I haven't played the other ones and I assume they're heavily related since it's titled as a direct sequel to the first.
>>
>>1359510
No need to abuse your onahole.
>>
>>1359731
>and I assume they're heavily related since it's titled as a direct sequel to the first.
They aren't related
>>
>>1359751
They might be, there was a cliff hanger left with ringabell at the end of Braverly Second.
>>
>>1359751
How do you know if the game isn't out?
>>
>>1359751
The writers like their meta twists too much for there not to be at least a minor connection between BD/BS and BDII.
>>
>>1359757
>>1359774
>>1359759
The devs said it has no relation to the previous games and is a completely new story.
>>
>>1359776
>Trusting the Bravely devs
lel
>>
>there's a chance Ringabel and Edea will never get their closure
fuck
>>
>>1359781
Yes.
>>
>>1359776
I don't believe you
>>
>>1359527
Why does Seth have blue eyes here?
>>
>>1359869
It's the devs you're not believing not me.
>>
>>1359936
But what if I don't believe you tho, what if it's lies you made up in your head.
>>
>>1359939
The devs said it not me.
>>
>>1337952
this is correct
Redditors are attention whores and will take up space even if they have only something brief to add, while these boards have always had a culture of condensing posts.
If you have no legitimate, let alone a strong reason to paragraph, then it's standard to just break lines.
Paragraphing every line is called reddit spacing for a reason, but it could just as well be called bitch spacing.

>>1316821
These two sentences could even be joined by a semi-colon, never mind a line break. The poster is a retard for both the form and content.
>>
Not sure I'd this was shared before but some info as of why they didn't went with the trasitional turn base
https://gonintendo.com/stories/377206-bravely-default-ii-devs-explain-why-they-dropped-the-traditional
>>
>>1359949
But you are saying it right now, quite possible it's a lie
>>
>>1337952
>>1359979
I can't believe people are so assblasted about line spaces.

Is it autism that makes you this way?
>>
File: 1613679999306.png (448 KB, 500x523)
448 KB
448 KB PNG
>>1359991
Considering that we are at 4chan aka ground zero for severe autism, yes.
>>
Do the other games run well on emulator? I think I might rush through them before playing this one.
>>
How would you make Blue Mages more fun for a first playthrough or what mechanic would you implement to make them more accessible?
I'd make learnable enemy spells have an specific icon when casted by the enemy, so you can notice it and switch to Blue mage to learn it, think of how every magic with a circle on the name was capabke of being absorved by Celes' Runic ability
>>
>>1360174
What BS did was pretty good. Giving Blue Magic its own section in the bestiary with vague hints as to where each skill is learned was the way to go. Maybe just add a symbol to learnable spells in the Bestiary description of monster who have them.
Although, we might not see a Blue Mage equivalent this time.
>>
>people asking and wanted a blue mage class when we already have a beastmaster which is literally that but with extra steps
Explain. Unlike the other games, this one actually uses every single monster in the game that isn't a boss. What can another class with similar gimmicks offer?
>>
>>1360821
Blue Mage and Beastmaster have co-existed before, even in games where every non-unique enemy was capturable, like FFV.
Blue Mage and Beastmaster shared some skills, but many were exclusive to one or the other. And of course, Learning being a one and done deal is a massive difference over having to hunt down and recapture more copies of the same monster to use their skill multiple times.
>>
>>1360174
>>1360186
Or FFIX. If you successfully eat an enemy, you learn their magic. Add an indicator if necessary. Basically some way that the player can find magic on their own.
>>
>>1360174
FFXIV has a Blue Magic Notebook that says where you can obtain a spell from, so maybe something like that but a bit more detailed to give some kind of hint as to what monsters gives you spells
Also only having to see the spell as opposed to having to be hit by it would be nice
Also some kind of visual when an enemy uses a learnable attack would be nice

>>1360821
Beastmaster is not the same as Blue Mage, and both have existed along side each other.
Beastmaster accumulates charges of usually more straight forward attacks to use and requires you to restock on charges after you run out, while Blue Mage is an actual mage that uses certain weirder enemy abilities that you have to run around and learn for specific enemies
>>
>>1360933
>>1361256
I remember having to argue with someone that Gau isn't a blue mage.
>>
>>1360821
>but with extra steps
Well there's your problem.
>>
>>1359983
>we didn't show a turn order because it would make things too complicated
oh fuck off
>>
>>1360174
By designing the game for one who's in the core cast, rather than planning them as side-content. i.e. mapping out what unique skills they should be able to offer when, linking it to enemy profiles in particular dungeons and to party composition in general.

Take ff9 as a model. You get Quina as durable caster with the unique water element as a multitarget - logical! If he also had some side-healing capacity at a point in the game where you're white-mageless, great - but you only unlock that way later. The first dungeon has an enemy with water as weakness - okay! But then you unlock lvl 3 def-less for eating it. Pointless for the boss. Next area you get magic hammer - a gimmick. Then you do get his heal spell, but lose him from your party a half hour later. When he returns you no longer lack a specialist healer and his skill is mildly outdated.
>>
>>1361595
I think I sorta see what he means. Having your characters have a turn order is simple enough because obviously unique portraits, but then it comes the 6+ enemies with a few being the same. Or having 5 of the same enemy. The turn order can display them and we can also use a bright color outline to show who goes next but that would mean you need to navigate through the enemy to see who goes first, 2nd and last. You can sorta see the convolutions for the average retard. I mean we have mongoloids getting filter by the final demo on casual, so imagine. Its depressing as fuck but blame the brain dead retards that touches these games.
>>
>>1360004
>Nu-Gi-Oh
Shut up anon go back to your waifushit game.
>>
File: 1613898838969.png (270 KB, 562x847)
270 KB
270 KB PNG
>>1362104
No that's okay. I belong here too so you can end your life instead.
>>
>>1314828
Its probably next week
>>
>>1360174
I wouldn't. Blue Mage is best in FF5 for a reason. It is an extremely powerful class that requires expert knowledge. You play the game the first time with a Black Mage, and then play Blue Mage next time around.
>>
>>1362076
Other rpgs with multiples of the same e emy have managed fine, like ffx, grandia etc
>>
>>1359844
They openly said they regret making Second and won't be returning to it.
>>
>>1360174
Multiple things.
1. Have an Icon next to spell/skill as you've said that makes player aware of it.
2. Mark any enemy you can absorb skill from in Bestiary with that same icon (and have that icon change to a different color, for example gold, once you get it to indicate it's already obtained)
3. Have a visible, fixed number of spell slots in the Blue Mage spellbook corresponding to all the spells the player can absorb.
4. And then on top of this, have the more rare ones to get/run into hinted at by NPCs, for example "I heard of this giant snake with a peculiar ability to petrify people that look at it that attacked some people in X region recently".

I don't give a shit if autists would call it casualization, all I see is QoL that doesn't waste the player's time.
>>
>>1362393
This is utterly fucking gay because Ringabel and Edea are the best things that even happened with both games.
>>
>>1360821
As others already blew you the fuck out I'll just repeat what they said, Beastmaster and Blue Mage are not the same and never have been and have coexisted since FF5.
You are a faggot, kill yourself.
>>
>>1362460
I fully agree and am just as mad as you that we'll never get Bravely Sword.
>>
>>1362468
i think they were having a writers block during those five years of no Bravely Default series. who knows, maybe Ringabel can show up as a hero from another universe.
>>
>>1362256
But it comes out this week
>>
>>1362076
Just mark it as Enemy A, Enemy B, Enemy C, Enemy 2 if they're worried about people getting confused. The real reason is probably that they're worried that people would break the game if they had a general idea of how turn order actually worked.
>>
>>1316821
>The previous two games were terrible
The 1st one was great. It had forced replayability but that's easy to overlook, everything else about it was great. The 2nd game was shit. The demo for "II" is shit.

All SE knows how to do is drive shit into the ground when they get wiff of money. Should have just remained a quirky one-off thing.
>>
>>1363261
>The 2nd game was shit.
why do so many people say this? I found it just as good
>>
>>1316821
What else is coming out around now? Monster Hunter Rise isnt coming out till next month
>>
>>1363265
people were very upset that Magnolia doesn't want to step on them
>>
>>1324888
THAT'S the look they chose for an Archer?
What's the logic here?
>>
>>1363265
Rehashed world, lame story
It just didn't have the magic of the 1st one
>>
>>1363276
hunter beast man kinda thing
>>
what the eff man
>>
>>1363265
Personally I thought it was incredibly "anime" compared to the relatively grounded setting of the first game. It felt like going from FF to Tales.
>>
>>1363747
Yeah, this is definitely a huge part of it. Bravely Default was a video gamer's video game. If you lined it up next to Earthbound and Dragon Quest, you'd think of it almost like a natural, smoothed-out progression of the same ideas (although it gets rocky right at the very very end). You can trace a line from those games to FF3DS to 4HoL to BD and understand how we got here. Bravely Second takes a sharp left turn from all that and GUNS it into the world of modern JRPGs like Neptunia.
>>
>>1362393
Second was bad, but not bad enough to not continue the story. The best part of Second were the returning characters from Default.
>>
Someone got the game early folks and we can make some full broken builds.

Red Mage
Class Passive: Nuisance - change to trigger status ailment when casting a spell, ailment dependent on element!
Mastered Passive - Chainspell (Cast any spell twice at no extra cost)

Abities
Lvl 1: Stone - Basic earth spell
Lvl 2: Aero - Basic wind spell L
Lvl 3: Heal - Restore 1000 hp to a target
Lvl 4: Stonera - Intermediate earth spell
Lvl 5: Aerora - Intermediate wind spell
Lvl 6: Healra - Heal 2000 ho to target
Lvl 7: Magic Critical (passive) - Enable magic to crit
Lvl 8: Revenge (passive) - 25% chance to increase BP by 1 when attacked
Lvl 9: Healaga - 3000 hp to a target
Lvl 10: Stonega - High class earth spell
Lvl 11: Aeroga - High class wind spell
Lvl 12: Disaster - Extremely powerful spell of both earth and wind

Some passives
Thief mastered passive lets it trade BP gain via Defaulting in favor of BP skills costing MP. Godspeed Strike remains powerful.

Oracle default passive decreases the cost of elemental skills by 40% and increases the damage dealt to elemental weaknesses by 40%. Has access to Triple and Triplera spells (cast Blizzard, Fire, and Thunder or Blizzara, Fira, and Thundara at once AND both spells work with Red Mage's Chainspell mastered passive. Max Brave and hit 24 times.

Spiritmaster can summon a spirit that basically heal targets in timely intervals up to 3 times. Only one spirit can be out at a time. Sounds a lot like the spellcraft ability Mist reworked for this job.
>>
Actually wait. Theres a dock for the skills and shit that the dude will be updating
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1l8aF14N2bzsabBvAA7LeQNkdItJxG5Zd9jVFNnDa7xI/edit?usp=drivesdk
>>
>>1364086
>Red mage focuses on status effects
Huh, didn't expect them to follow in FFXI's footsteps of all things.
>>
>>1364095
>Hellblade's level 12 is Break damage limit
Oh shit.
>>
>>1364109
I'm still amazed that it can do a 24 multi elemental hit combined with the oracle, the dude confirmed to work so is not speculation anymore. Dude also had a bug Q&A and all of this is like 2 days old. All this on the bravely default subreddit
>>
Pictomancer skill info

Passive 1 - Self Expression (You can use your paint abilities on yourself to gain their effects but opposite on yourself at no cost.)!<

Passive 2 - Havent unlocked!<

lvl 1 - Disarming Scarlet (Reduce Foe Atk by 10%)!<

lvl 2 - Splatter (Attempt to daub an enemy, Targets resistances to all elements and weapon types is reduced when daubed) !<

lvl 3 - Disenchanting Mauve ( Reduce For MAtk by 10%)!<

lvl 4 - Purify (Remove various status effects from target)!<

lvl 5 - Incurable Coral (Reduce foe Restorative power by 10%)!<

lvl 6 - Freehand ( inflict ten times the ability casting cost as magic damage 1-5 times on random targets) <<<< Costs 30 MP!<

lvl 7 - Indefensible Teal (Reduce foe PDef by 10%)!<

lvl 8 - Zappable Chartreuse (Reduce foe MDef by 10%)!<

lvl 9 - Sub-Job BP Saver (Passive, BP Cost of using Sub-Job abilities is reduced by one)!<

lvl 10 - Chiato (powerful light atk on single target)!<

lvl 11 - Scuro (powerful Dark Atk on single target)!<

lvl 12 - Convert MP (passive, Damage taken is converted to MP)
>>
File: Spoiler Image (783 KB, 1080x1655)
783 KB
783 KB JPG
Berserker skills on pic
>that level 5 skill
Found me a sub for hellblade
>>
>>1364159
i dont get freehand
>>
>>1364221
A random number between 1 and 5 of 300 (10 times 30 MP ) damage hits to random targets is what it sounds like.
If so, that's really bad, unless it is fixed damage that ignores everything.
>>
Who will be the one who almost gets date raped? Gloria or Adelle?
>>
>>1364276
Third time's the charm, either it doesn't happen at all or it isn't just almost this time
>>
>>1364221
>>1364228
Is fixed null type magic. So you can do 1x300 to 5x300 to anything regardless of resistances. So top damage is 1500 which is shit for later game. Unless some other class has a amp that rises the cost of MP
>>
>>1364439
>Unless some other class has a amp that rises the cost of MP
The fact that it says "ten times the ability cost" instead of just static 300 damage implies that there are ways of increasing the MP cost and therefore damage.
>>
>>1364177
so berserker's essentially the pirate job that's borrowing the crescent moon skill from the valkyrie job.
>>
Does we know if any job has Two-Handed? It would be really nice to have with the weight system, especially if you have to forgo a shield.
>>
>>1364276
Adelle
>>
So do we still not have any spoilers besides some job skills?
>>
>>1364725
Pretty much but on steroids since it has cast skills for free when in berserk which complements its 50/50 odds to take control of its berserker state. It's pretty powerful if you ask me. So far every class seems to be a mixture of older classes but somehow more powerful
>>
>>1364747
Swordmaster is the 2h weapon expert. Even has a passive to amp the use of 2 handed weapons.
>>1364772
You can get spoilers if you ask the dude from reddit, he will answer any questions on PM for obvious reasons
>>
>>1364794
I'm on the BD subreddit and don't see any of this
>>
>>1364095
All we need for the dude to upload is the NSP.
>>
File: 20210223_110523.jpg (442 KB, 1072x1430)
442 KB
442 KB JPG
>>1364804
This is the thread, would give a direct link but I won't want to trigger the local autist
>>
>>1364855
Use archive.is dumb nigger.
>>
>>1364861
Here he is. Morning, mega autist
>>
>>1364804
https://archive.is/sE2up
>>
>>1364872
Learn from >>1364893 newfag.
>>
>>1360174
If I were being overly ambitious I'd make 'blue magic' in a looser sense, essentially take something like Arx Fatalis' magic system but place certain spells on enemies who draw the runes out in front of them, and leave it up to the player to reverse engineer how to cast that spell themselves. That's super loose and not at all something you'd see in a JRPG, though. For that, I do think FFIX's Blue Magic system is the best fit.
>>
>>1364725
>that's borrowing the crescent moon skill from the valkyrie job
It reminds me of bladeblitz from the Hero job in 4HoL
>>
>>1364861
Keep seething bitch
https://www.reddit.com/r/bravelydefault/comments/lontqo/i_got_it_early/
>>
>>1365306
>guy that looks like Ardyn and is singled out in all promotional artwork is actually the main villain
WOW
WHAT
A
TWIST
>>
>>1365306
Can confirm. He also sucks your dick
>>
>>1365312
Anon, he doesn't betray you. He is still part of the cast through the end
>>
File: OEEEHUUUUU.jpg (177 KB, 1080x1032)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
>>1364947
But anon. I am him.
https://youtu.be/CJiG15euUes
>>
>>1364086
I'm just wondering if the status ailments will be useful, and if most bosses are just going to be immune to them or not
>>
>>1365320
No he betrays you its confirmed. Did you seriously expect a guy thats part of the organization you’re fighting to not betray you
>>
>>1365349
>its confirmed because I said so
Man, this pasta sure is fucking dry. Wish I had some sauce to go with it.
>>
>>1365371
I fully expect elvis to betray you
>>
>>1365306
The real twist: you take control of him through his betrayal, and it's the rest of the party that are dumped.
>>
I want to protect elvis from his betrayal
>>
Shirley fucks little boys
>>
I just want the OST and some plot spoilers
>>
>>1365639
source?
>>
>>1365655
Elvis betrays you
>>
>>1365655
Asterisk alone is worth several games worth of OST goodness.
Fuck, what a good track.
>>
>elvis dies and gets replaced by a loli
>elvis betrays you, dies and gets replaced by a loli
Which one will it be? Theres no way they are letting you keep an old man in the group on a job based ff games, it would be an outrage
>>
>>1365897
>The BIG twist this time is that Elvis isn't getting replaced
It would be stupid, but I'd laugh.
>>
>>1365897
You forgot the shocking swerve version:
>The party betrays Elvis
>You keep playing as Elvis and get three new party members
>>
>spiritmaster is just a hot healer
Still good but bd did it better
>>
>>1366104
fuck me I need this
>>
>make janne and nikolai
>interesting design and lots of chemistry with protagonist and Magnolia
>their backstory can actually add drama to their relationship
>fuck all that add edea for fanservice and tiz because we dont know what the fuck else to do
>make it happen right at the start
>also give a bullshit reason for tiz to be okay right away
>>
>>1366332
I actually liked Janne and Nikolai in game too. I was surprised at how long they were relevant for
>>
>>1366332
sounds good to me
>>
so are there any interesting leaks?
>>
>>1366363
Yes.
>>
>>1366374
where?
>>
>>1366386
Scroll up thirty posts.
>>
>>1366406
do we know if theres anymore classes or have we seen everything?
>>
>>1366420
Yes.
>>
>>1316821
I don't know either. It's so generic and bland it's literally called Bravely Default in the fucking title.
>>
>>1366461
its fun
>>
>>1366104
That is a good twist on it. Every game in the series has had a betrayal. Airy's betrayal slowly crept up on you, Janne and Nikolai's was obvious after a bit of playing, and now Elvis is being called out before the game is even out. There has to be a twist to his betrayal since the promo art is screaming at us that he is shady.
>>
>>1366511
>No Protagonist, it is the world who has betrayed us
>>
>>1366744
>Party turns on Elvis as he seems to them to be around only to cause pain and misery
>Game follows Punished Elvis as he is actually trying to right the wrongs in the world, recruiting outcasts, freaks and "evil" people to his cause
>"Protagonist" party is chasing him, as him restoring good to the world only seems to make it worse, but it actually isn't
>Turns out that the latest eldrich god is doing this on purpose for some reason
Would be kino, but I know that it isn't a plot for a AAA game and will probably not be in it. It'll just be Elvis betraying the party for evil plan reasons, nothing more.
>>
>>1366461
Ignorance
>>
>>1367019
ELVIS IS NOT GOING TO BETRAY THE PARTY
>>
>>1367019
It's nice to dream, though.
>>
I'm surprised we still have no story spoilers
>>
>>1367425
So what? Was all the promo art was a red herring.
>>
>>1367520
I've always just thought having the black mage asterisk is part of his backstory. We could even fight him before he joins the party.
>>
>>1367520
you really think hes gonna betray you at the very end of the game?
>>
>>1367571
>>1367528
There's always some second act twist that makes you replay the game. He just feels like he has his own agenda compared to the rest of the cast.
>>
>>1367676
theres no way there gonna take a party member from you that late into the game
>>
>>1367528
yep, the backstory says that he got the asterisk from his master; I think the reason he's always in the black mage outfit is simply because he's inherited the black mage from his master and wears it in her honor. Gamewise, I think he's given the black mage asterisk so that when he joins the party, the game can take the opportunity to give you a tutorial of the job system (selecting jobs, switching jobs, stuff like that).
>>
>>1367681
I respect games that have the balls to dick over the player that hard for story reasons. Like Star Ocean: The Last Hope or Disgaea
>>
>>1365897
bruh elvis is not that old
>>
>>1365897
he just has a beard, he's not old, leave him alone!
>>
>>1314828
36/40 famitsu
https://www.gematsu.com/2021/02/famitsu-review-scores-issue-1682
>>
>>1368256
I'll take it
>>
>>1368256
That's the exact same as BS, right?
>>
>>1368512
maybe, idk in my experience with famitsu anything above 35 is 100% a shill. so i'm wary.
>>
>>1368564
I agree, I don't think I've seen any AAA game from a major publisher get a score far below 36.
>>
>>1367681
They did that in FF5 so theres absolutely no reason why that can’t happen again. All that needs to happen is that whoever replaces elvis inherits his job levels
>>
Are there any alternate outfits in the game?
>>
GUYS CHECK THE GOOGLE DOC POSTED HERE! Class level goes to 15, I repeat, shit gets hype in chapter 6
>>
>>1368937
Oh fuck, the spoilers are here, see you later.
Although, I knew there was more to jobs though. They did seem really barebones as is. Who the fuck would make Black Mage's final skill be just the level 3 elemental spells?
>>
>>1368973
Wonder if the new 3 slots will be the Ja spells. Unless they scrap that and go for passives and flare. Theres 1 more new job but it's not a summoner. I'm a bit afraid that this job is the last, being the 24th class. The dude is still doing trials and he is getting his ass handed to him even though he has strong builds
>>
>>1368874
There probably will be. There was an option in the demo to retain the Freelancer attire no matter what job you're in, and I think it implies that costumes will be a thing.
>>
Red Mage lvl 13 to 15 skills
Quake: Super Earth Atk
Tornado: Super Wind atk
HP/MP Converter: Passive, Using Abilities during battle expends HP instead of MP, but at 10x the MP cost.

Ranger 13 to 15 skills
Spirit Slayer: Extra damage to spirit race
Bow Lore: Passive, Increase bow aptitude to S
Grand Barrage: Perform 5-8 quick Phys Atk on all targets. Extra damage to para

Vanguard 13th to 15th level skills
Infuriate: Increase likelihood of being targeted by 50%
Quake Blade: Extremely powerful Earth imbued Physical attack
Ultimatum: Perform extremely powerful physical attack on all opponents then become less likely to be targeted till next turn

Hidden Class
Specialty 1 Adrenaline; Every defeated Foe grants 1BP
Mastered specialty: True Grit; gain 1 BP at start of turn

Lvl 1 Supergravity: Deal Damage to all targets equal to 25% of the user's current HP
Lvl 2, Wall of Woe: Cause all Allies and enemies to lose one BP three times at regular intervals
Lvl 3 Sword Lore: Passive, Sword aptitude is increased to S
Lvl 4 Practice Makes Perfect: Deal Physical Damage to a target based on length of time played
Lvl 5 Dawn of Odyssey: Cause all Allies and enemies to Gain one BP three times at regular intervals
Lvl 6 Hypergravity: Deal Damage to all targets equal to 50% of the user's current HP
Lvl 7 Equaliser: Reduce BP by one for all allies and enemies whose BP is 1+, and increase it for all allies and enemies whos BP is -1 or lower
Lvl 8 Obliterate: Any enemy twenty or more levels below the user is instantly killed at start of battle.
Lvl 9 Victory Smite: Deal Physical Damage to a target based on number of battles won
Level 10 Sub-Job Specialty 2: Passive, The second specialty listed for user's sub-job is activated
Lvl 11 Gigagravity: Deal Damage to all targets equal to 75% of the user's current HP
Lvl 12 Victory Double: Perform two physical attacks on a target, each dealing damage based on # of battles won
>>
>>1369199
Couldn't fit the class name but its Bravebearer
>>
Is there a water spell?
If so what class has it?
>>
NSP is up for pirate chads.
>>
>>1369272
A datamine would be nice. Want to know if 24 is the final number of classes
>>
>not on PS4
I don't wanna plug in my Switch, man. God damn.
>>
>>1369241
Ice spells are often considered water. Though I believe the Arcanist job has a spell that's more water than ice.
>>
>>1369199
>deal damage to a target based on length of time played
>deal physical damage based on number of battles won
Bravebearer has got the first class I've seen in a long time that rewards heavy grinding in such a direct fashion.
>>
>>1369387
>you have to play for 9999 hours to do cap damage
Stupidest skill ever. Unless there's some flat number that multiplies per hours
>>
>Class trials on completing have a chance to drop the class weapon, these weapons grant all passive abilities of that class while holding them.
Bros...
>>
I hope we get a dump for the ost, wanna go in mostly blind otherwise
>>
>>1369419
Considering how this is hidden class made for endgame, there will very likely a multiplier with these skills
>>1369423
BD2 is shaping up to be a pretty based game
>>
>>1369120
>and I think it implies that costumes will be a thing.
I hope there are lewd ones
>>
>>1369684
>>1369120
Sorry to break it to you guys but theres no extra outfits. Spoke to the guy that has been updating the doc and he said as of chapter 6, there hasn't been any signs of extra outfits or an option in the equip menu for it.
>>
>>1369785
>or an option in the equip menu for it.
It was like that in BD too. You only got an option once you got one
>>
Preloading now, gonna fuck off from the board until I beat it to avoid spoilers and stay blind, I'm so excited bros
>>
>>1369820
same I'm just hanging around hoping we get the OST
>>
>>1369356
>Ice spells are often considered water
Ice is just so tired imo.
>>
>>1369241
The berserker has water attacks and the arcanist has a dual elemental attack consisting of water and fire
>>
>>1369827
>>1369820
Ost dumps are the best of part leaks. I still remember when SSBU ost leaked
>>
>>1369820
>beat it to avoid spoilers and stay blind
Can people hurry up with those spoilers cause I want to know if the story shits the bed again
>>
>>1369896
at the very least the dude who got the early copy likes it, but he's not spoiling anything
>>
First song that's been posted so far
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSgx6fKaiy4
>>
>>1323153
I really wish this could have gotten a proper sequel rather than that gacha crap that called itself one.
>>
File: 20210224112652.jpg (814 KB, 1920x1080)
814 KB
814 KB JPG
>>1369896
Sorry, I play RPGs extremely slowly. I'm 150 minutes in and I'm still on the prologue.

Speaking of, how do you get this chest? Is it something for later? I didn't play the demo.
>>
File: 20210224093442.jpg (217 KB, 1920x1080)
217 KB
217 KB JPG
>>1369990
Whoops, I looked it up and the prologue wasn't in the demo. Probably should have done that before asking.
>>
>>1370032
You've spoiled that the game has grass and rocks fucking asshole
>>
>>1370032
is that a side boss?
>>
>>1370032
That's a very angry axolotl.
>>
File: 20210224115625.webm (2.93 MB, 768x432)
2.93 MB
2.93 MB WEBM
>>1370053
It's a "rare monster," the two I've seen spawn in fixed locations.
>>
Is the guy from BD1 doing the soundtrack to this game too?
>>
File: 1614016701518.jpg (107 KB, 879x623)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>still no datamine on the classes
>still no plot datamine
>>
>>1370281
It's kinda weird the Gloria is the last party member to join.
>>
This is probably the final asterisk theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKZKNKkP7lo&t
>>
New battle theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JFP8RS9AtI
>>
>>1370720
it seems to have some hints of wicked flight, so it might be the battle theme for the fairy
>>
>>1370167
yes
>>
I'm just so ambivalent towards this.
On one hand I hate the character designs and menues. The red flags around Elvis hints towards quite bad writing. On the other there are no other interesting new releases and I have money to spare, and BD was quite good. It's stupid to buy day 1 but I don't have anything that I want to play.
>>
So the game only has 24 classes. No more, no less. Someone detamined and that's all he found.
>>
>>1371095
Seems like a step back. I can't really think of any jobs in BD or BS that weren't useful and/or fun, so it wasn't like there were too many.
>>
>>1371105
24 is the same number of jobs BD1 had
>>
>>1371113
Thought BD1 had 26
>>
>>1356030
>t. Rian Johnson
>>
>>1371149
nope, it's 24 for BD1 and 30 for BS
>>
>>1371154
Bravely is a series known for twists and meta-commentary and it would fit quite well. R. Johnson is sort of like Shamalan, throwing in twists just because. Turning the party being betrayed on its head would fit in line with the jrpg commentary of BD1
>>
Having fewer jobs is a good decision if that means they're better balanced and more unique. Too bad there's no way that's actually the case lmao.
>>
So is Sword of the Brave in?
>>
>>1371174
there was a boss theme that was uploaded that sounded similar to Seth's theme actually, so who knows
>>
>>1369969
Starts off kind of weird but then it comes together pretty well.
>>
So it got leaked but it's not up for download on the e-shop yet?
>>
File: 1588539206050.png (270 KB, 586x351)
270 KB
270 KB PNG
>>1369203
Oh shit.
>>
Anyone datamined any plot spoilers yet? Or a final boss theme? Also isn't this a remix of an FF7 theme?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj6_NPzDBDI&t
>>
>>1371266

Only a few bits are similar to the FF7 boss theme
>>
>>1371266
final boss theme's been uploaded on youtube, it's in 3 parts
>>
Final boss theme
Phase 1; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD8yHjnjJXQ
Phase 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7ZyM3py5fg
Phase 3:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHUihlVTQXE
>>
>>1371450
It kinda sounds like the ba'al theme
>>
>>1371450
Certainly better than Second's final boss theme but compared to the Serpent Eating the Horizon this is literally nothing.
>>
I'd like to know which character this battle theme belongs to, because they've got the best one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB4qOwsGLxs&t=50s
>>
>>1371526
S E T H
E T
T E
H T E S
>>
Do we have any story spoilers yet?
>>
>>1371526
It belongs to (you).
>>
The ost is barely better than BS thus far.
>>
>>1371557
Its significantly better imo
>>
>>1371095
where are you getting this information?
>>
I really like this song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn6SwxPTdMo
>>
>>1369423
What the FUCK that's sick
>>
>>1359886
Because that's Seth and not (You)
>>
>>1359527
>we will never get a Bravely Second game that doesn't use chibi character models and instead goes for concept-art-proportioned models and textures
>>
>>1371544
Only musical hints so far
>>
>>1372009
excellent news if true
>>
File: 1592748392239.png (161 KB, 422x357)
161 KB
161 KB PNG
>>1371994
>>
>>1359527
>Elvis' back is already turn to the player
>>
I'm debating still trying to break street date tomorrow, or just waiting for Friday and getting the free shit with Best Buy
>>
>>1314828
Is there really no side quest list inside the game where you can check which ones you did? They're numbered after all.
Or am I completely blind?
>>
>>1372644
I'm assuming it'll be unlocked later, that was driving me nuts, too.
>>
>>1372743
I hope so, I just reached the ruins from the demo area and still nothing. It's driving me crazy.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (471 KB, 1920x1080)
471 KB
471 KB JPG
>>1372752
At the very least, I know at least 5 sidequests open up in Halcyonia after you start Ch1. Two in the town, one guard by the story dungeon, and two in the throne room.
>>
>>1371633
On a BD discord
>>
>one of the final skills of the 24th jobclass makes single target skills into multi target
Noice
>>
>instead of Ja spells black Mage gets Flare (fire), Burst (Lightning and Freeze (Ice) spells
Well that's boring. It's pretty much ja spells but twisting exiting super spells
>>
Did anyone try it on emulators yet?
>>
>>1324526
>>1324605
Why would you want to spoil yourself like that?
Isn't it exciting discovering in the game what classes you'll get?

I ain't reading this shit.
>>
>>1373190
Spoiling how? He isn't listing skills, passives and masteries. Just making educated comparisons with other games on how the class Is built
>>
>>1371255
Where is this image from? Keep seeing it but I'm completely lost. Is it a reference?
>>
>>1373378
From Bravely Second, can't for the life of me remember what it's from though.
>>
>>1373416
Time to dig deep on it
>>
>>1373416
Found it, skip to 1:13:18. Story time around there
https://youtu.be/zeuTK3bkXxs
>>
Is he in
>>
>>1317399
>Reddit spacing meme
NOOOO YOU CANT TYPE LIKE THAT YOU HAVE TO TYPE HOW I WANT YOU TO
>>
Do Switch digital games usually unlock at midnight?
>>
>>1374289
yeah, though if your country stretches out over multiple timezones you might get it early. For example, all of the US gets it at midnight EST so people in PST get it at 9.
>>
>>1339418
>Game on Switch only
>Going down in price ever
>>
Gamespot gave it a 6 and gave us confirmation that there isn't a second game twist like the other games
>>
>>1359983
Wait, Bravely Default II isn't turn based? What is it then?
>>
>>1374449
actually it seems that gamespot stopped playing before that twist, because other reviews bring up a twist
>>
>>1374471
It is, it's just that turn order is more fucky than it was in BD or BS
>>
>>1374471
Im not sure what possesed them to make a title like that but:
BD and BS was
>give commands for all four characters before battle initiates
>battle happens based on commands and stats like speed and whatnot
Vs
>we added an atb bar and now everyone takes their action when its their turn
>except the atb bar isnt actually an atb bar because time pauses everytime its a characters turn
>>
>>1374575
The system is basically more similar to something like FF Tactics' clockticks than anything else
>>
>>1374709
Personally I think it'd work better by just having a turn order bar rather than what we have now.
>>
I cant believe obi-wan kenobi is dead
>>
I holy shit guys we got gameplay of white mage asterisk fight. Spoilers obliviously

https://youtu.be/MRpK4xSOy3o
>>
>>1374575
So Trails with a hidden initiative meter?
>>
>>1374476
I dunno why the person even bothered reviewing the game, because the reviewer apparently doesn't like having to grind.
>>
>>1316821
>Reddit
>Hates real jrpgs
Checks out
>>
File: 1576221664163.png (649 KB, 982x807)
649 KB
649 KB PNG
>>1366332
I hate that I'm weak to fan service, but the Edea butt is too strong
>>
>>1375065
Trails gives a lot of focus on positioning, anon
>>
>>1374471
>>1374497
Turns were always fucky because there was an rng component that randomly made characters act faster/slower than they should. The biggest difference between BD/BS and BDII would be the fact that you can't input everyone's actions at once.
>>
File: ff14sb-red-mage-female.jpg (143 KB, 1000x1340)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
>>1314828
Just started. When it asked me for a name in the beginning I thought it was asking me, the player, like the BD intro. But now "Tiz" is using my name. Is he just a blank slate character and that's fine or will it still use his canon name in voice acting?
>>
>metacritic score is at 77 because of some ass faggot that gave it a 2/5(40)
Wew lads
>>
>>1375610
The biggest difference is that higher speed now gives you more turns.
>>
>>1371633
List of all the jobs in the game. Including the secret job and each jobs level 15 and mastered ability.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1l8aF14N2bzsabBvAA7LeQNkdItJxG5Zd9jVFNnDa7xI/edit#gid=0
>>
>>1370281
But there is?
>>
>>1374315
>For example, all of the US gets it at midnight EST so people in PST get it at 9
6 hours left bros :)

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.