[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 20210211205007_1.jpg (164 KB, 1920x1080)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
Your boy fucks castles
>>
Im surprised how Oriental and historical accurate looking most of the characters are. Making my toon really stands out
>>
>>1311937
aside from the waifucreator, is this game worth it?
>>
>>1312273
Koei I think made Historical Simulation games, and I think a lot of the designs came from those
>>
File: towelknight.jpg (17 KB, 225x225)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
Good lord, Saito Toshimitsu is kicking my ass. I feel old and slow. Is there a way to farm herbal remedies? I'm considering just brute-forcing my way through by guzzling healing items.
>>
File: oichi.jpg (82 KB, 1200x675)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
Don't forget to protect her smile, Hide
>>
>>1312299
Its fun and honestly did well to distinguish itself from the Souls formula with weapon stance and Yokai Soul abilities (similar to Castlevania)
>>
>>1312273
some of the actors are simply reprising their roles
mostly just Tokichiro and Ieayasu
>>
>>1312313
Anon I...
>>
>>1312273
Once I saw that Tokichiro looked like a permanently 50 year old man and Mumyo looked like an actual Japanese lady I had to spend an autistic amount of time trying to get my character look as realistic as them
>>
>>1312313
>If you have played Spirit of Sanada you would know that not only Oichi but also her daughter Chacha's fates are nothing but tragic
>>
>>1312361
Tokichiro actually ages between "chapters"
>>
>>1312355
>>1312362
>They weren't able protect their wife and daughter
Yikes, anons
>>
>>1312368
You can't change the past anon.
>>
File: 1585908896963.png (24 KB, 200x205)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
>>1312372
if I don't continue the game it never happens
>>
It's wierd how this game takes place over the course of like 35 years when Nioh 1 was what, a year and a half, then you came back 12 or so years later?
>>
>>1312403
its both a prequel and sequel
>>
>>1312421
No I know, it's just odd that they had it take place over such a time period when the events William had influence on was so much closer together.
Also it's kinda abridges things badly. Nobunaga gets betrayed and *I* know why because I'm a weeb and have studied Sengoku and Edo-era history, but the game never says why and just says it happened.
>>
>>1312428
I remember some part that Mitsuhide Akechi mentioned afterward he wanted to stop the use of Spirit Stone although he targeted the wrong person
>>
>>1312433
Except that makes no sense because later on the game implies that Tokichirou is the one that convinced Mitsuhide to betray Nobunaga, even though everyone knows that Tokichirou is the primary amrita supplier to the Oda clan.
>>
>>1312403
Nioh had a DLC about the Siege of Osaka so the endgame of Nioh 2 is 1 year after Nioh ends
>>
>>1312438
Also I should note, Hideyoshi convincing Mitsuhide to turn on Nobunaga, that at least has some basis in historical fact and is one of the prevailing theories, but again in the context of the game it doesn't make sense.
>>
>>1312448
I think Koei just tired of doing the Akechi Betraying Nobunaga plot for the 3141592 times
>>
>>1312462
I mean they still did it.
>>
File: 1613062610563.jpg (55 KB, 474x484)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
Is there a way to get rid of the "Uncommon Aid" once you've talked to the summon?
>>
>>1312309
stop doing completely optional quests if you suck
>>
File: slow mo mode.jpg (176 KB, 1300x698)
176 KB
176 KB JPG
>mfw using Kamaitachi near walls and enclosed spaces
>>
I have been running spear main, sword secondary, since I like it fluff wise, but I feel like spear lacks combo skills compared to the sword. The counter move is also much harder to do. I was thinking of giving it up in favour of another weapon then. I tried out a couple and fists seem strong, but using them against armed opponents and youkai feels a bit weird. Am I missing something when it comes to spears or are they just mechanically not good?
Also, what are the soft caps for attributes?
>>
File: 1610904127706.jpg (744 KB, 1920x2160)
744 KB
744 KB JPG
They utterly fucked up the volumetric fog on PC. It washes out the picture, and it's impossible to turn off or mitigate even by turning the brightness down.
Any idea how to fix it with internal tools?
>>
>>1312665
there's a black crystal equivalent in key items
>>
>>1311937
How fucking boring is the Diablo thing this time? I want to play a good Souls game, but I really hated that part of Nioh 1.
>>
>>1311937
post your cute hiddys!
>>
>>1312954
>good Souls game
then go back to your shit series soulsperm
>>
>post your cute hiddys!
>posts el goblina
??????
>>
>>1312975
my Hiddy is a cutie pie and Mumiyo is her girlfriend!
>>
Oh it's that coomer tard again go back to /v/
>>
>>1313029
i'm banned from /v/.
>>
good, you should be banned here as well
>>
>>1312954
>I want to play a good Souls game
Nioh was never a Souls game, stop huffing memes.
>>
File: 1613066051643.jpg (5 KB, 214x255)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
I am getting fucking FILTERED by the f21 of the depths.

The combo of Oda, Godzillamaru and White tiger is ridiculous, they all one shot me if I fuck up once.
>>
>>1312892
I do not have an item that is the equivalent to a black crystal, at least in my personal key items.

Can I have the name of it?
>>
>>1312892
>>1313176
After googling it, it seems to be an item that is given to you after you summon someone for the first time.

I have never summoned someone, so I guess that explains it.
>>
File: hilly.gif (695 KB, 320x180)
695 KB
695 KB GIF
>overlooked a Kodama at the Mausoleum of Evil
>have to run all the way back
>>
File: bignosebigsoul.jpg (840 KB, 3840x2160)
840 KB
840 KB JPG
>>1312961
>>
>>1312305
They also make the Dynasty and Samurai Warriors series, even though the exact level of accuracy fluctuates between games, Koei Tecmo has extensively studied the periods and knows what they're doing
>>
File: ohQGlaZ[1].png (704 KB, 694x778)
704 KB
704 KB PNG
>>1312961
>>
>>1311937
But do castles fuck young boys?
>>
How big of a pain in the ass is it to switch weapon scalings down the line? How often will I have to do it (I'm currently changing weapons something like 1-3 times per mission, which seems like it'd be a pain in the ass if I have to change the scaling on something every mission)

I'm just realizing I quite like tonfa, but don't feel like courage being the stat I crank to the moon, and instead seeing if I could easily change it to dex.
>>
>>1312448
At the time Tokichiro was already possessed by Otakemaru / Kashin Koji.
Just like Saito before him.
>>
>>1312881
The only stage I noticed a shitton of fog in is the one that Hanzo and Honda help you in, but I think that's intentional since they mention the smell of gunpowder so it's probably smoke.
>>
>>1314354
Down the line you won't be switching weapons 1-3 times per mission, not even close. You'll be holding onto weapons for a lot longer than that. Especially once you figure out what set you want and shit, you'll never switch your weapon again. You'll just be soulmatching it to increase its +levels.
For example, I never switched my weapon for most of NG+3 because I got the grace I wanted early and purity on it so all I did was soulmatch it as I progressed through the NG. I didn't switch it until NG+4 when I wanted a new grace.
>>
>>1314354
>I'm currently changing weapons something like 1-3 times per mission
stop using trash and learn to forge
>>
>>1314167
Nioh 2 on the other hand is the first time I've seen Koei actually portray Imagawa Yoshimoto historically accurate as a cunning strategist and powerful fighter, when most Japanese make him a joke because of how easily Nobunaga beat him.
>>
File: muh dream.png (865 KB, 615x960)
865 KB
865 KB PNG
>>1311937
>Your boy fucks castles
Yes.
>>
I fucking love using the Spinning Dragon on my high stance dual blades.
>>
>>1315074
he's quite a joke ingame too, like possibly weakest human boss ever
>>
File: 1580714359291.gif (30 KB, 220x221)
30 KB
30 KB GIF
he came back
>>
Any cores i'm missing or toxic slime is seriously the single core that inflicts poison?
>>
>>1315455
Gyuki
>>
>>1315464
it's pretty shit though?
>>
>>1315477
Are you asking me or telling me? And you never said anything about "good" cores. Gyuki is not shit, it just doesn't instadelete health or ki like the stronger cores do. You want a core that inflicts poison, Gyuki inflicts poison.
>>
Still on mission 1. Every yokai is kicking my ass over and over unless I abuse Yokai Form for some free shots. Any tips? Just lots of dancing and ki pulse?
>>
>>1315653
Block, ki pulse/flux, break horns, use skills that are better for ki damage, use yokai abilities, and burst counter.
You're in mission 1 so your skill selection is limited and you probably don't have any yokai cores, so focus on the basics. Blocking, ki pulsing, burst countering.
Burst countering one of their red moves does quite a bit of ki damage to yokai. Whittle them down, once their ki is gone you can go on the full offensive as they lose their hyperarmor when they are out of ki.
>>
>>1315670
What do you mean by break horns? I am fighting the second Enki, in the shrine. He has yet to use a single red move but killed me twice with a white magic grab.
>>
>>1315683
Grabs can't be blocked so just dodge away when they start glowing white like that

Most yokai have a glowing weak spot and breaking it staggers them and lowers their max ki, for Enki it's the horn on their forehead
>>
>Always tell people new to the series that this isn't Dark Souls and you have to block
>Realize that my playstyle is to almost never block and just sidestep through everything in light armor

I feel like a hypocrite
>>
>>1315691
How do I hit the horn precisely, do I have to use the bow? I currently use kusarigama
>>
>>1315683
I mean hit their horns and break them. Enki has a big ass horn right on the top of his head, break it. Easier for some weapons than others but whatever you're using should be able to hit his horn while in high stance.
Grabs are not blockable except by a handful of yokai abilities, you need to dodge it. You can dodge through Enki's grab but I suggest just turning around and dodging back or running away, do not dodge to the side, he will track you. When he misses the dodge, he goes into a ''huh where'd he go'' animation, if you're behind him do not get greedy while punishing this animation because Enki loves to smack people standing behind him, be ready to block.
>>
>>1315706
Anything will work, just give them a nice hard smack, kusarigama tends to swing low though so it can be a bit trickier with it, would probably have the easiest time doing it in high stance
>>
>>1315706
High stance square spam is kusari's bread and butter and breaks horns great. In fact with kusari you only leave high stance ever if you want low dodges or water drop.
>>
>>1315705
Blocking is way stronger in Dark Souls than here though
>>
>>1315735
lmao no
in 1 and maybe 2 maybe and even then with greatshields only
hell a perfect ki pulse mid stance buff literally allows you to block anything blockable with zero ki loss, and then ki pulse off the block ki if you use nat purity weapon
>>
>>1315750
Blocking is good in DS3 as well.
>>
>all these time skips
>the only person that actually gets (visibly) older is our pal Tokichiro
>>
>>1315770
its one of the many layers of his increasing pessimism over time which led him to his downfall
>>
>>1315777
It all makes sense now. It wasn't the demon that was responsible for his demise, it was Tokichiro's insatiable pursuit for the secret anti-aging cream Hiddy and Mumyo used.
>>
>>1315770
Nobunaga also visibly ages a bit.
Mumyo and the protag have magic anti-aging cheats so they don't count.
>>
>>1315770
from nioh 2 and nioh 1
Hanzo passes his title to his yokaivisionless son much to his disappointment, Yasuke has grey hair by nioh 1, honda tadakatsu has greyer hair.
>>
>>1315757
blocking is especially terrible in 3 outside of like 2 bosses total
>>
Should I use the charge punch or dempsey roll for high stance guard+triangle?

>>1315770
Hiddy and Mumyo are effectively immortal because of their items tied to the seven-branch sword.
>>
>>1316056
>bks
>literally any med shield with magic shield/great magic shield applied
>any greatshield
You have to be some kind of shit to fail at using shields properly. Just because you can't block literally anything and everything with the first shield you find doesn't mean shields suck.
>>
>>1316074
limitless is far easier to use
>>
>>1316092
Well yeah you just hold down triangle until your ki or your opponent's is gone
>>
>>1316080
>bks
so it a lothric shield, literally 2 shileds in the game that has a non-ass tability with decent stats, still can get guardbroken in like 3 hits
>magic shield
completely worthless, lmao a non-additive 30% boost, what the actual fuck
>great magic shield
60 fucking fp for 20 something seconds at max with the ring, only worth it for friede
>greatshield
all suck and have unreasonably high requirements
>>
>>1316105
I see you haven't actually played the game and are merely parroting dumb opinions. Magic shield increases stability, which is the important stat. Great magic shield turns any shield into a greatshield. BKS trivializes almost every boss in the game and greatshields do not ''suck'' nor do they have ''unreasonable'' requirements.
Once again, you are a nigger parroting retarded opinions and are somehow so incredibly bad at the game you manage to fuck up blocking.
I guess that's the average Soulsperm though, if they can't equip heavy armor and a shield to snooze through the entire game like they did in DS1 then those things must suck.
>>
>>1315770
Mumyo and Hiddy are literally immortal and he desires their nubile bodies even as he continues to age hideously
>>
>>1316125
>even as he continues to age hideously
I think he was aging quite gracefully honestly.
>>
Where can I find a list of what conflicts with what on weapon lines? I'd like to see what lines are totally off the table when I'm tempering for damage bonus stat lines
>>
>>1316624
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A-uFgSck8pU5NOLh2OVpK_V5-AVfDW42wuiumuf7tlE/edit#gid=137724816
>>
>>1316635
Bookmarked this, thanks anon, didn't find anything like it when I was googling around
>>
File: Untitled.png (363 KB, 775x590)
363 KB
363 KB PNG
>>1311937
Just finished completing all secondary missions on chapter one, now I want to do it again with a friend but I fear I'm gonna get overleveled. I can just lose all my amrita instead of leveling up but can you get overleveled in this game or do stats don't matter much.
>>
>>1316872
Nice char. Wanna share the code?
>>
>>1316898
Let me start the game and I'll post it.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1.25 MB, 1920x1080)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB PNG
>>1316903
Here you go. I don't really see his face since I always use the shinobi gear appearance for the true ninja experience.
>>
Why is it so hard to do a parry with the kusarigama. Should I not bother? Also what is the point of low stance besides dodging?
>>
>>1316981
>Also what is the point of low stance
Faster, lower-ki attacks, so you may be able to sneak an extra hit or two in. Also, different angles of attack, which can be situationally useful if you need to hit specific body parts or fight on an incline/staircase.
>>
>>1316912
>shinobi gear
>true ninja experience

ASK us how we know you are a giant ass weeaboo retard, go on, we DARE you
>>
>>1316912
Thanks
>>
>>1317016
Weeaboo doesn't mean "likes nip things", you tremendous newfag.
>>
henlo I kinda get my ass handed to me in DotD. I've barely scraped by but the DLC seems to be end of the line, so I guess it's time for a build. I was thinking about the Omnyo Warrior set or should I stick to graces?
>>
>>1317081
I think it's because you use the stereotypical ninja in black pyjamas and it puts you in the weeb territory, but I'm not a mind reader so I can't say for sure what the autistic anon meant.
>>
>>1317081
the fact you think retared 'muh leet shinobi gear' is at ALL 'ninja' makes you a giant fucking weeb faggot retard.
>>
File: cheats.jpg (458 KB, 2538x1981)
458 KB
458 KB JPG
daaaaamn, gonna have some fun with this shit.
>>
Bros, is merciless barrage any good? Cause I think I like it less than the default grapple looks-wise.
>>
>pc sharts can't live without cheats
every time
>>
>>1317101
Why not just use Fling instead?
>>
>>1317389
but that is fling.
>>
>>1317440
But that's WeMod's UI
>>
>>1317459
yeah, fling works for wemod now.
>>
what a cutie pie!
>>
>>1317183
Merciless barrage
>>1317086
Do whatever (you) want. The graces are good but it'll be harder to get a full grace set than it is to get a full onmyo set. You could also use a grace set and the onmyo warrior set. Like I said, it's whatever you want to do.
>>
>>1311937
>fucks castles
That's a big dick
>>
>take care of my wife
>mc watches her commit suicide
uh?
>>
File: 1559901346616.gif (54 KB, 394x250)
54 KB
54 KB GIF
>>1317572
>kills her first husband
>kills her second husband
>fails to stop her from killing herself
>>
>>1317518
>Do whatever (you) want
I'd like to not get my ass kicked so much. I have a divine grace set pretty much complete, the one that gives 2x 10% elemental weapon dmg. In hindsight, I should've probably used a damaging weapon buff and not purity. I have now the omnyo austerity set bonus and 5 of Inari's grace and it's okay so far. I should probably also switch the spider guardian spirit because it's shit and only interesting when you're farming
>>
>>1317622
Then git gud. The game was two sides, action and loot. If you're bad at action you can remedy this with good loot. If you don't like loot you can remedy this by being good at the game. Once you are able to master both then you will win at video games.
Sounds like you should try for some defensive graces rather then going for damage graces. You can already spike your damage output massively by applying confusion, not to mention you should be burst countering every single red move by the time you're thinking about graces and using yokai abilities.
Make sure you're soulmatching your gear to increase the +levels.
>>
ooh, hiddy is about lose her virginity!
>>
>>1317629
yes I'm aware, I played the first one as well both on PS and later on PC. I think I stopped playing when I had my stone thrower build complete, was fun throwing stones for a bazillion damage each. It's just that I don't care much about builds and such until I hit a wall, then the autism begins. The wall in Nioh 2 was the first DLC main mission because I didn't do any damage and was squishy as hell.
>>
How does the Moonlight Flutist stacks against Kingo, Dragon Ninja and Vanquisher as all-purpose melee damage set?
Is Finishing Flair A good?
>>
>>1317622
if you beat eye of the beholder just start wotw, tsukuyomi and later omoikane make a huge ass difference for onmyo centered builds
>>
Brainlet guide to smithing? Soul matching doesn't seem to do anything.bdoul fusion too.
>>
>>1317800
Go back to /fog/.
>>
>>1318029
dismantle everything
do your fucking fire magatama side missions to keep smithing level high
in wotd forge a set of benzaiten (weapons and get acccessories, don't waste mats on armor outside of the time you will need to get accessories)
in wotw+ forget forging even exists
>>
>>1318061
maybe later.
>>
>>1316872
Overleveling seems to not matter much in co-op, I believe it applies level sync by default, I've joined friends on missions 100 levels below me and only felt strong due to having better skills and soul cores, but otherwise killed and died just as fast as them
>>
File: absolutlymerde.png (177 KB, 310x308)
177 KB
177 KB PNG
>>1317016
I don't even really like ninja, I just like Ninja Gaiden and it's been years since I've played a ninja game. And while I am interested in Japanese history, I am even more interested in the history of my country which prevents me from ever being a weeaboo.
>>
>>1317096
It's as ninja as monks walking on water is kung fu or buddhism. There's no basis on reality but it's part of the legend even if the ninja legend is extremely young, having developed in the 20th century.
>>
>>1318094
My fear is more being overleveled when I'll continue the next chapter alone than when revisiting this one in multiplayer. I like to discover every mission alone at the right level just like I like killing new monsters alone the first time in monster hunter.
>>
>>1318174
There is an option to apply level sync when playing missions solo, but I am unsure if you can do it for the first run of them or not
>>
>>1318174
level doesn't matter at all
>>
>>1316981
I just flux to low stance every time I ki pulse after a combo so I mainly use it to get close or away from the enemy.
>>
>>1318175
>>1318177
Alright good, that's game design I like. Always keep you in the difficult zone so you're not bored.
>>
File: ohrai starwars.jpg (438 KB, 852x1200)
438 KB
438 KB JPG
>>1312305
The cover art for those games have nothing to do with Koei's game devs, they were done by the movie poster artist Ohrai Noriyoshi who died a few years ago.
>>
File: 99c9d244.jpg (133 KB, 800x532)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
>>1312305
>>1318200
>>
>>1316898
Btw the patch of white hair is because I love Peter Lorre's character in The Man Who Knew Too Much.
>>
File: 1492550241497697424.jpg (100 KB, 800x600)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>1318204
>>1318200
>>1312305
>>
File: nobunaga2-3.png (6 KB, 256x224)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>>1318200
The game do have a realistic for it's time style, with what they could achieve within hardware limitations.
>>
File: twang twang.png (43 KB, 152x128)
43 KB
43 KB PNG
I am but a simple man.
>>
>>1312299
It's fucking great. I was expecting a grindy shit but this is insanely fun. A dozen completely different weapons, hugely variating builds, attack patterns, tactics etc. A good working co-op that plays more like some Diablo or something on account of being so easy, but on single player it's a true soulslike. Visually looks amazing, waifu is adorable, an actually interesting story compared to the item description and guessworks shit that is Dark Souls.

I mean, DaS3 is still one of the best game's I've ever played. DaS was amazing too. And Nioh 2 is the first game since that deserves to be in the top 3 soulslike group with those Dark Souls games. I don't own a console so I can't say for DeS or Bloodborne, and Sekiro is too fundamentally different (no character creation, no builds, Sekiro was at the same time much narrower, and much deeper than these other soulslikes).

Point is, if you like soulslike games, Nioh 2 is fucking amazing. It has its problems, enemies in general are much more cheap than in Dark Souls and unlike in DaS, you will die due to no fault of your own. And if endgame is your goal the grind there is insane, but you don't need to care about grinding if you're just satisfied enjoying the game. You can play the game through and NG+ with basically any build you can imagine, so long as you git gud.
>>
>>1315750
>Posts half a dozen specialty cases, abilities and weapons to explain why blocking is barely any good in Nioh 2
>>1316056
>Posts nothing of the same that makes blocking far stronger for DaS3

Basically every basic longsword using build (even casters) can make use of BKS which has enough stability to render most trash mobs and all the tricky boss attacks useless. Conversely, since you just laid the terms to all the convoluted conditions in Nioh 2, we can do better for DaS3: A basic quality / str build with literally just 10 magic can use one of the many greatshields with magic shield to get 90 - 100 stability for what is literally a 1 SL investment, since knights start off with an intelligence of 9.

You have no idea how many shield builds I've made for DaS3 and completely trivialized PvE, and absolutely raped the ever living shit out of PvP opponents with them. To say Nioh 2 handles blocking better is just a lie.

Nioh 2 has many advantages over DaS3 - and DaS3 has many over Nioh 2 -, but mostly they just do things differently. They're both great games. But making a blocking specialist in Nioh 2 requires mountains more effort than it does in DaS3.
>>
>>1317327
In Dark Souls I only started using Cheat Engine after having already beaten the game and wanted to have items at the start so that I could mess around with builds. But I don't understand people who cheat to make themselves invincible, and giving yourself items doesn't matter in this game because it's based on item class.
>>
>focus levels are a scam and for few focus levels you get literally 1 (one) increase to value
>>
>>1318245
It's an easy set of bonuses without you having to worry if a move is good or not
>>
what's the point of mortal soul cores
>>
>>1318516
Use it in soul fusion to change the core type to that of the mortal core. For example, change Gozuki from brute type to phantom type.
>>
>>1318516
You can change soul core color with it
>>
File: GOD DAMNIT.gif (3.32 MB, 300x258)
3.32 MB
3.32 MB GIF
>>1318552
>>1318557
>every mortal soul core I get is purple anyway
>use feral
>>
>>1318573
>use feral
cringe
>>
>>1318591
I use ninjutsu so Nekomata is kinda a must.
>>
But yes I agree, Feral has a shitty burst counter because it feels like half the time I dash into the enemy and they're still going. I need to wait until they're already halfway done with their move.
>>
>mfw finally managed to get the Gunsticks
>>
>>1312309
get the boss snake core and spam that along with your transform and just smack away
>>
>>1318633
reminder tonfa gun is a normal temper on at least divines, maybe even earlier
>>
I am become ninja, sneaker of worlds. How do I actually pull off the back stab? There is like a 0.6 second window the icon turns red but then they turn around.
>>
>>1318746
I defeated him last night. Turns out I just wasn't aggressive enough with the odachi unga bunga when his stamina got low.
>>
>>1319107
Walk instead of run
>>
>>1319107
stop running
either walk or use sneaking scroll
and don't come too close backstab has generous window
>>
>>1319107
Actually sneaking up on them helps.
>>
How hard is it to change weapons in a middle of a playthrough?
Is sword/fists combo good?
What's the point of the skills for ki pulse on stance/weapon change if they already require pressing the ki pulse button?
>>
>>1319596
>change weapons
Changing weapons isn't too much of a hassle in the first playthrough. I keep an odachi on at all times because I pumped STR but I haven't run into many problems with constantly switching out my secondary.
>sword/fists combo
If you win fights with it, it's probably fine. I'd swap one of those out for something long-ranged like a spear or odachi in case you want to cheese enemies from a safe distance, but that's ultimately down to personal preference.
>>
>>1319596
ANYTHING with fists is good because fists can handle any situation well.
>>
File: raiko pls.webm (2.89 MB, 1280x720)
2.89 MB
2.89 MB WEBM
>>
>>1320146
he's fucking terrified
>>
So the Hanzo that Hiddy knows is the one that becomes the Giant Toad (pronounced Giant Toad) and not the one William knows, right? Because this Hanzo can see spirits and the one in 1 can't.
>>
>>1320205
yes
>>
>>1320205
giant toad is willy's hanzo's dad
exactly the hanzo hiddy deals with
>>
>>1320205
Yes. Nioh 2 Hanzo loves scampuss and is sad that his son can't see them.
>>
File: EtIRaiKU0AQJQrf.jpg (321 KB, 1920x1080)
321 KB
321 KB JPG
>>1320326
son missin out
>>
File: Ichiban.jpg (57 KB, 702x702)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
I just got Battering Ram for fists
Never before has my life known such joy as I send people flying.
>>
>>1318552
What's the point of that, isn't the type determined by your spirit anyway ?
>>
>>1312299
In a similar vein of how Sekiro only plays superficially like Dark Souls since you're playing as a ninja and not a knight, Nioh is most like you're playing as a samurai and not a knight. It does a great amount to distance itself from other games in its ilk without coming across as wholly unfamiliar and has surprisingly deep combat.
>>
>>1320326
so he becomes a giant toad collecting round cats? Seems like a nice afterlife.
>>
Just finished DLC 3, game's been out barely a week and I'm like 10 achievements away from having all of them, I think I have a problem

I can't really decide on a favorite boss since I did it all co-op with a friend and didn't get the full experience for a lot of them, gonna do NG+ solo to experience it properly, but I'm leaning toward Nagamasa Azai being my favorite fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03BTMVJu48k
>>
>>1319107
My biggest issue with sneak attack is that it doesn't do a grapple or even that much ki damage on yokai, it's nice on humans but on yokai you're better off just running in hot and doing a combo and doing as much or more damage as the one stab without spending 8 seconds tip toeing up behind them
>>
I wish you could set active skill passives once per stance instead of once per weapon, or at the very least it would apply to that active skill on all stances for ones that can be used in multiple. I end up sticking to only one stance because all my good skills are on it
>>
>>1321434
Instead of running to them, sneak on them and do a combo. But yeah it's a shame that it only works on some yokai.
>>
File: 1612284127827.jpg (584 KB, 1600x2400)
584 KB
584 KB JPG
What are some good skills on 1kat ? I barely use them.
>>
>>1321434
drops an item if you do a sneak attack, though. I've gotten several greens from sneak attacks as well as sometimes mats for crafting.
>>
>>1312313
>>1312362
>>1312368
>>1312372
>>1312400
>Read Nine-tail's flashback on Yodogomi
>My father was killed by Nobunaga and my mother was killed by Hideyoshi
>When the reality that Hide killed Nagamasa and Oichi committed suicide because the half-youkai is too retarded to stop her from doing so
lmao
>>
I got something for bring something to a tomb after the first mission in the second chapter and I have no idea what I did to do that.
>>
>>1321655
It was an ochoko cup. I'd like to know if it was some kind of secret.
>>
Dream of the Demon is now complete, compared to the bosses in the first DLC the vanilla Otakumoron fight was really easy. I'll play Wise + the 2nd DLC and then Nioh + 3rd DLC, that way I still have new story content to look forward to.
>>
File: top ten anime deaths.png (911 KB, 1067x579)
911 KB
911 KB PNG
>>
>>1322248
>Yoshitsune is voiced by the same dude as 9S
>goes absolutely turbonuclear once his soulmate is dead, with red eyes and everything
Pottery
>>
this game low key turning me into ghost dog
>>
>2nd living castle bossfight
did they run out of ideas or what
>>
>>1321154
no
the point is to get the anima returns from the shiftling tree skill and to get faster charging in YS
>>
>>1322248
>dlc 1 gave us the most fun boss and the best looking heavy armor
based
>>
What's your to-go attacks for the anima gain arcana?
>>
Do i want equipment drop rate or item drop rate to get smithing texts?
>>
>>1322921
The latter.
>>
guys, i think my beautiful she-wolf just found a new girlfriend.
>>
>>1322508
This is my one problem with Nioh 2. At its best it's a great soulslike, at its worst it's cheap fucking bullshit and nothing more. In Dark Souls at least when you died it was because you made a mistake. In Nioh it's because of complete fucking bullshit cheating enemies with their infinite Ki, random stagger ignore and unlimited spells and items and exploiting their own shitty camera, or unresponsive controls. Let's be honest here, how many times have you died because you pressed ability X and fucking nothing happened? No reason, no stun, you were freely strafing around pressing say elixir, didn't happen, presing it again, didn't happen, and by that point you missed the one 2 second window you had to heal.

But this fucking Lady Osakabe horse shit fight? That definitely takes the came out of all the shit above.
>>
>>1323304
It's not a soulslike and Osakabe is easy as fuck. Pretty sure I could do her fight off just sound cues.
>>
>>1323304
Eh none of the enemies or bosses I fought so far were particularly bullshit except maybe for gyuki, camera is aids sometimes your right about that. The only time I had unresponsive controls was when my keyboard randomly turns off for a second during the game but thats because I don't meet min requirements
I didn't do Osakabe fight yet tho, I just saw another fucking gimmick fight and took a break
>>
>>1323304
The only complaint I've ever had in regards to controls is that sometimes my movement feels sluggish and I don't know why. But that might be my controller or something specific about the environment.
>>
>>1322935
thanks
>>
>can never use the weapons i actually want cause i'm always trying to unlock some yokai weapon voicelines
>>
Can I forge back Yoshimoto's armor if I disassemble it ? It's not in the list for now.
>>
>>1323304
>>1323331
>>1323524
I just summoned for that fight without even trying it on my own first because it was my first time trying the summon system
>>
>>1322547
Alright, thanks for the answer.
>>
>>1323619
You need the smithing text.
>>
>>1323627
So I need to farm his ass to get it I suppose.
>>
>>1323630
He might drop it on the mission where you fight his ghost to make it faster.
>>
Did (a) "Hideyoshi" exist irl? What was his/her/its/their role?
>>
>>1323662
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyotomi_Hideyoshi
>>
>>1323662
If you mean Hiddy, no there's no evidence that there was someone in Hideyoshi's shadow that was really good at killing people. He did all that himself, he rose the ranks specifically because he was good at one thing and it was murdering the fuck out of people.

Also, did this game completely ignore his invasion of Korea? Nioh 1 didn't.
>>
File: Now we're talking.png (304 KB, 988x657)
304 KB
304 KB PNG
>you finally stop Tokichirou
>you beat the man that made him do all those evil things and seal the demon
>it then cuts to William when it first arrives on Japan which makes sense because he's supposed to have arrived right after Hideyoshi died
>yfw the game keeps going after all the events of Nioh 1 and its dlc
>>
Also I didn't like the sudden reveal of Joseph, it kinda makes William seem like an asshole that just ran off on his pregnant wife.
>>
>>1323636
Ok thanks.
>>
>>1323721
DLC goes BEFORE all of sengoku though and into legends
>>
>>1323814
after Nioh 1's dlc, anon. The Siege of Osaka has already happened when Will wakes you up
>>
>>1322557
>the best looking heavy armor
As in which one? I'm not there yet but I like nice armours.
>>
>>1321481
Counters heavy pretty big windows, the basic kick in mid stance deals nice ki damage, the follow up to heavy attack combo is fun, that spin slash on heavy helps at breaking horns etc. It has a lot of nice skills. I ditched spear in favour of 1 kat cause I missed the options.
>>
>>1323693
Yeah you don't rise in the ranks as a peasant without being really good at killing people.
>>
>>1323662
Ruled Japan between the death of Oda and the start of the Tokugawa rule.
>>
>>1323693
>>Also, did this game completely ignore his invasion of Korea? Nioh 1 didn't.
you were busy being FUCKING DEAD in the interm for a bit
>>
>>1324031
Hide oddly both is and isn't historically accurate. It's true that like in the game that once he obtained power he preferred manipulating others to get what he wanted and bribing his way to victory instead of just always resorting to violence like Nobunaga, but at the same time it basically single-handedly responsible for Japan having the caste-like system that to this day affects some aspects of life (especially if you're Burakumin) and the idea of noble families just being inherently better came from his solidification of the samurai as an inherited class instead of one you could earn your way into if you're tough enough. The irony being he himself was born a nobody and rose to where he was through merit.
>>
>>1323818
benkei's armor
>>
I hope they never fix the kodama bazaar farming, getting cat bells for borderline free is too good
>>
>>1324905
It fixed me being starved on elixirs, that's for sure.
>>
>>1324909
nigga just equip elixir blessing you will be swimming in them
>>
What's the best setup for a complete noob who is bad at dodging and timings?
>>
>>1324914
I did but I'm the kind of guy that chugs an elixir when down by 1 hp
>>
>>1324979
stop doing that and discover extraction talisman and life recovery on amrita gain
>>
File: aaa.png (25 KB, 199x92)
25 KB
25 KB PNG
Ah fuck.
>>
File: tengu.jpg (547 KB, 1920x1080)
547 KB
547 KB JPG
I'm okay with this.
>>
>>1325016
It's just a habit I have from RPGs in general.
>>
>>1325257
huh? What's this?
>>
>>1325321
Nyotengu
>>
>>1325326
I'm more confused.
>>
>>1325330
Nyotengu in DoA is like 1000 years old. Well if you're going 1200 years in the past then it's reasonable to assume that her mom would be around.
>>
>>1325333
I mean, where is she in the game?
I've beaten it and haven't seen her.
>>
>>1325337
DLC 3
>>
>>1325338
Shit, that could actually be it.
I have like two side missions left because of that bullshit "save all dick raccoons" and "Find all food items" shit.
I completely forgot.
>>
>Accidentally ended up turning my build into one that has tons of anima charge and just spams Lady Osakabe
>The ability often recharges itself instantly, but if it doesn't it only takes like 1-2 casts of an onmyo shot to charge it
>Kill everything fast and without getting close

Did I stumble into something OP? It's absolutely steamrolling Dream of the Strong but I imagine it'll fall off sooner or later
>>
>>1323734
I mean he literally is, the real life William Adams had a wife and kids back in Ireland and he abandoned them to be with his new Japanese waifu, he was the original weeaboo, a contemporary Ken-sama
>>
>>1325578
I wouldn't say OP but it is pretty fucking strong. It'll only get stronger because eventually you'll unlock the yokai focused graces.
>>
I find it interesting how in Samurai Warriors they portray Nagamasa Azai as a martyr for justice who tried to stand up to the cruelty and evil of Nobunaga, but in Nioh it's basically the opposite and Nobunaga is only shown in a sympathetic and honorable light while Nagamasa laments the 'dark path' he took in his final moments
>>
I lost my save after I reached Way of Nioh
>>
>>1325729
>wojackposter
Good
>>
>>1325586
>in Ireland
The actual William Adams was English. Also he not only divorced his wife 11 years before he went to Japan, he also kinda wasn't allowed to leave by Ieyasu.
>>
>>1325578
Someone beat you to it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TY2uaiKHJE
>>
>>1325604
Yeah it's funny how despite how much Nioh 1 hypes Nobunaga up as the Demon King, 2 completely glosses over the bad things he did (wiping out the Iga, Mt. Hiei, etc).
Also in reality Azai was a victim of circumstance as Nobunaga went to war with the Azai clan's longstanding ally the Asakura and the Azai clan was honor-bound to back the generations-long ally.
>>
>>1326146
Also his clan was torn on which ally to support and Nagamasa wanted to stay neutral but eventually he felt forced to side with the Asakura.
>>
>>1326146
Is this related to Sekrios timeline?
>>
>>1326218
Don't know, never played it.
>>
>>1326218
technically both take place in sengoku, but the Asahina are a minor clan that has only one major battle in its known history before just becoming a land holder for the tokugawa
>>
>>1326520
my bad *ashina clan
but yes looking it up, they're such a minor clan, they jobbed aganist GETCHA GUNS ON, and BANZAI'd to fucking nothing
>>
>>1326542
>they jobbed aganist GETCHA GUNS ON
That's not exactly a surprise, Date Masamune was a brilliant tactician and legendarily skilled warrior.
>>
>>1312313
I felt warm and fuzzy when Nagamasa realizes his daughter is alive and his happiness lets him move on from the interim. Also the fact that Oichi wasn't there, did it mean she died without regrets?
>>
>>1326584
Then she gets possessed by Tamamo and William kills her.
>>
>>1326584
If only he knew what in store for his daughter Chacha.
>>
>>1326138
What is even the point of having osakabe there if he just spams onmyo and even more fucking shikigamis
>>
>>1326146
>despite how much Nioh 1 hypes Nobunaga up as the Demon King, 2 completely glosses over the bad things he did
That's because for all the bloodshed Hide goes through, he never sees the worst of Nobunaga. He acts almost like a mentor figure to him.
Tokichiro is the one who gets his hands dirty behind the scenes, and it's what mind breaks him eventually.
>>
>>1326584
Oichi went to hell because she killed herself and suicide is a sin.
>>
>>1327011
not in japan
>>
>>1326146
>Mt. Hiei
Is that when he murdered bunch of monks?
>>
>>1327076
*bandits using religion as an excuse to harbor and sell weapons to nobu's enemies, of which he asked them to give up for months and warned he'd attack.
>>
>>1326146
>bad things he did (wiping out the Iga, Mt. Hiei, etc).
since when getting rid of some spies and asshat monks is a bad thing
>>
>>1327080
Ye, I don't see how that was a bad thing.
>>
>>1327119
mostly because all of oda's enemies used it as anti oda propaganda to call him a demon lord, which he embraces anyway
overall the move was a double edge sword.
>>
my god she is so beautiful!
>>
Can you max out the entire shiftling tree, or does it stop gaining proficiency after level 50
>>
>>1327714
It does not stop but it slows down by a lot the higher you get
>>
>>1327005
>and it's what mind breaks him eventually.
No that's because Kashin Koji possesses him.
>>
>>1327109
The Iga were loyal to him though.
>>
i like emoting with my own clone!
>>
My googlefu is failing me. How much does "extended timely guard window" actually extend the window? Is it like extended evasion where its only like 2 frames?
>>
¯\_ (ツ)_/¯ do testing mother fucker
>>
>>1327958
No. His problems become long before he joins with Otakemaru and in the end Otakemaru simply makes his existing traits worse.
>>
>>1328182
from the personal experience it looks this way, still no reason to not get it once you start bothering with actual builds
>>
File: 1596428774237.png (388 KB, 1779x1771)
388 KB
388 KB PNG
Ah, naga, don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, naga. Maybe if you got rid of that old yee-yee ass helmet you got you'd get some geishas on your dick. Oh, better yet, maybe Oichi'll call your tanuki-ass if she ever stop fuckin' with that shogun or samurai she fucking with. Naga…
>>
>>1328182
>>1328268
Yeah there's not that many armor effects, you can definitely squeeze it in somewhere.
>>
>>1328325
it's literally only on waist as star effect and there are not enough armor effects worth shit so not like you have to choose what to leave
>>
>yoshitsune vs yorimitsu
>nobunaga vs nobunigga
>finally make Seimei to fight Raiko or Doman
abyss is hilarious sometimes
>>
>Arc of Chaos
Jesus fucking christ. This thing completely changes how you can approach the fights with switchglaive. I have no idea why they decided to lock it behind a boss that doesn't even use it instead of making it a veteran skill because it's even more game changing than cyclone. It's fucking hilarious they gave SG a better throw than any of the hatchet throws, and it can be combo'd into either the switch stance moves or empty air.
>>
>>1312961
>>1314177
>>1317484
>>1323141
why bother posting if you aint gonna give the fucking code
>>
>Yokai shift
>Boss disappears
T-thanks Team Ninja
>>
>>1329355
They're an attentionwhore from /v/, they keep posting screenshots with their character to show off.
>>
>>1329257
>behind a boss that doesn't even use it
i think she does, just very rarely
>instead of making it a veteran skill
so you grind for it goyim
>>
>use 10 divine fragments to bump up the chance of forging a divine piece of equipment to 89%
>purple
I know what you're going to say, 11% chance is still a chance, but boy does that feel shitty when it happens.
>>
>>1329601
That's why you use 5-6 instead
>>
>>1329707
Oh I'm swimming in fragments due to farming revenants, I'm just saying.
>>
Equipment level cap on the highest difficulty is only 200 in 2, right? I remember it being the ridiculously high 320 in 1.
>>
>>1329355
>wanting a code for that ugly ass monkey
lmao
>>
>>1314177
that is so adorable!

>>1329355
what does making the code mean?
>>
>>1330445
Show it in character creator so people can also use it.
>>
>>1330445
Can I somehow get rid of the damn fog and increase draw distance?
>>
>>1323304
>soulslike
Stopped reading right there
>>
>>1314177
I want your Hiddy's code.
>>
File: tIP3quv[1].png (774 KB, 662x975)
774 KB
774 KB PNG
>>1330551
She's mine also I always have her wearing a mask like this because I'm not pleased with how her mouth looks
>>
my cute and stylish Hiddy!
>>
File: unknown.png (1.05 MB, 793x899)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB PNG
>>1312961
Is he cute enough for you?
>>
>>1329712
200 +99
>>
Is Nioh 2 worth the 60 dollar price tag on PC?

Played the first one and found the loot system a bit annoying, but i managed to finish the main story without much trouble.

Payed about 20 dollars for Nioh 1, thought that was pretty fair.
>>
Is smithing text for Tatenashi Armor locked to NG+ or smth? How many times can I put old Shingen to rest before it drops?!
>>
>>1331079
from one to eternity
enjoy your droprates
>>
>>1331096
So I can do it on normal NG, right?
>>
>>1331183
yes
in fact you want to farm every single text and skill on normal NG because drop rates are the same and you can kill shit the fastest there
>>
>>1312954
>good Souls game
are there any besides DeS, DaS 1-3, and Bloodborne? Nioh is pretty different, so I wouldn't call it a "souls game". Even Sekiro is different enough I wouldn't call it a souls game either. Only shit that comes to mind are the crappy uninspired ripoffs like Mortal Shell and Lords of The Fallen... Oh and Hellpoint was pretty sucky too. Haven't played The Surge, but it just doesn't grab my attention enough to give it a try.
>>
>>1311937
VERY newb here: is there something I'm not understanding about builds? I feel like I'm constantly hitting like a wet noodle and constantly getting killed in one hit. Is this intended? I'm about level 20, and I'm wearing the heaviest armor that I can find.

I wanted to run a Fist/Odachi Strength setup, and I hit like a noodle despite pumping strength and using the highest level+rarity gear I have. Is there a good beginners guide for this game? I'm getting PoE vibes from the amount of shit I have to memorize and plow through just to appease the game.
>>
>>1331391
learn to ki pulse, flux and spam skills
>>
>>1331425
Ki pulsing ended up being the easiest thing my friends hyped up to be important. I looked up Flux, and I realized that it explains why I ended up accidentally gaining "extra" Ki without knowing why.

A better question is: why does sometimes the "white"/ Pulsable Ki randomly disappear? With my Odachi, I can do as many attacks as I want and then Pulse the Ki back, but with Fists I end up with only 50% Ki after a Pulse because the "white" Ki just goes away at the same rate as the "green" Ki.
>>
File: 225.png (35 KB, 227x102)
35 KB
35 KB PNG
It's over.
>>
>>1331437
it seems there's some limit of ki you can recover with pulse, probably so you cannot easily have a full bar at all time and have to abuse game mechanics for that
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (563 KB, 1920x1080)
563 KB
563 KB JPG
>>1331201
RNG kami don't bless me.
>>
>>1330651
Fair enough
>>
>>1331829
maximise your item drop and luck
spider kettle spirit, kodama material blessing, kodama bowl and kodama core, all item drop you can cram in
why do you even care about tatenashi text you don't need a tank set until wotn and you will have to farm shit in wotn
>>
>>1331866
I tried to maximize it.
I don't even know what wotn is.
I just decided that I like it and want to have a set that I don't neet to change so often.
>>
>>1331893
>don't neet to change so often.
you don't need to change shit because sets are irrelevant pre demon, then you get benzaiten and then real graces
>>
>>1331909
I don't have skill so I have to make up for it with gear. And to be honest I just like having big numbers and constant buffs,
>>
>>1332020
nigga what skills just unlock battering ram on fists and spam it
limitless when the enemy is down or as stealth attack, just don't use it close
ez
or just do the basic bitch kato feather spam with all unlimited ninjutsu and sleep through the game, you don't even have to replace shit just update it once in a while
>>
>>1332027
But I don't want to spam to beat the game, I want to beat it on my terms. It's just my personal autismo, just move on.
>>
Okay, I tried 160 times. I give up for now.
>>
Dos anyone here use beyond infinity on fists? I literally cannot get the timing down in a fight and was wondering if it is even worth it.
>>
>>1332262
shit nigger there is probably youtube videos that tell you how to do it then some text box in an ethiopian lip ring crafting board
>>
>I tend to avoid weapon pairings that leave both weapons on the hips or both weapons on the back, purely for the sake of aesthetics.
>Especially as the back is also crowded with ranged weapons
>This leaves me passing up otherwise great weapon combos such as Glaive & Staff or Spear and Axe
>I've looked up diagnostic criteria for the Autism spectrum but the DSM doesn't mention EITHER Nioh 2 or Weapon Pairings, which I feel is an oversight on their part.
>>
>>1332312
I know exactly how the skill works and when you're supposed to click, I'm just saying I literally cannot do it while fighting. I can barely time it right while just testing it but combined with having to move, watch enemy movements and all the effects/sounds on during a fight I find it impossible for my addled brain to do.
>>
>>1332338
You know you can change which weapons show up on your back, right?
>>
>>1332480
I genuinely didn't.
I assume the ones that don't just disappear when you put them away?
>>
>>1332589
Yes. You can set it up in the settings so that both weapons disappear, or so that the one currently not equipped disappears.
The settings for ranged weapons and melee are separate too, so it's possible to do something like have neither ranged weapon show, but have your current melee weapon show.
>>
>>1312299
I'm playing it right now and having fun, so yes. Just beat it and am doing the DLC/New Game + now.
>>
>>1315653
Is this your first game like this? It only gets harder, the first mission is super easy by comparison. Gotta learn to dodge and block and recover ki while using burst counter when they glow.
>>
>>1332678
To be fair, one of the fights that stumped me the most till now (Dream) was the fight with that first bull demon.
>>
>>1330837
level 320+120 gear existed in 1, but it required either going to the absolute final levels of the abyss or glitching rng in some way before it was patched.
>>
>>1331454
No it's not, you have the dlc kodama
>>
>>1332706
What weapon do you use. Anytime I fight the bull demon I just hold triangle in mid stance for the 3 swing axe attack and it always breaks his horns and keeps him stunlocked.
>>
>>1332732
Nioh 1 wotn numbers were a mistake, the BL2 tier bloat killed all my desire to bother and near all desire to play 2. Good thing they did betas before releasing the game.
>>
>>1311937
Wait, this game is an RPG? I thought it was just a dark souls clone.
>>
>>1332873
too bad a lot of retards do the same
>>
File: VnUxhrv[1].jpg (186 KB, 1920x1080)
186 KB
186 KB JPG
>>1330551
Ok I fixed the lower face so I'm actually happy with it, so I will share code now
>>
>>1323331
>>1330542
Ahh, the edgelords of 4chan lol. Nioh literally is a soulslike. It's a genre. Whether you like it or not. It's like getting butthurt over someone calling metal music, well, metal. But snowflakes are gonna snowflake I guess.
>>
>>1332873
How does one define an RPG?
>>
Odachi is starting to get real boring. How is splitstaff? I figured I should have something with some range to go along with fists.
>>
>>1323304
Soulsniggers cant handle actual action in games lmao
>>
File: fgjghfjd.png (1.84 MB, 1602x927)
1.84 MB
1.84 MB PNG
>>1312961
Eh, not that cute
>>
>>1333631
Fun as hell, it's extremely mobile and every single move has two versions with different properties with its extension mechanic
>>
>>1333631
even more boring
>>
>>1333551
Soulsperms are the edgelords of 4chan? If you say so.
>>
I got to the 2nd zone and beat the first mission there. The game is honestly pretty good.
I just get depressed playing it because the settings of these soulsian games are always full of suffering.
Do I need the story of Nioh 1 to understand the future story?
>>
>>1333796
Nioh 2 is a prequel aside from the last chapter which takes place after the events of 1 via a timeskip, but you aren't missing anything complex or important, the game explains what's going on to you just fine and having played 1 doesn't really enhance it much

That epilogue chapter is the only part that comes after 1, the three DLCs are about time travel shenanigans and go back further and further in time so they're again unrelated to 1
>>
File: cringe.jpg (46 KB, 567x436)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>1333796
>soulsian
>>
>>1333804
Thanks anon
Guess I will eventually have to play Nioh 1 after finishing this game.
>>
>still 18 floors to suffer through
>>
>>1333806
Soulsesque
>>
>>1332972
Good stuff, thanks for sharing the code.
>>
>>1332749
Not a problem anymore, but when I just started and it's the second fight in the game, right after a gaki that you can backstab, it was a bit of a hurdle.
Also, a spear.
>>
>>1332972
Looks worse somehow...
>>
>>1334834
>optional fight the game tells you to avoid is hard
whoa
>>
>>1334940
>the first mission is super easy
I was just refering to that part. Maybe he also decided to fight it and used it as a basis for his opinion on the game's difficulty.
>>
ok I'm prob missing something but human bosses
seem to have bloated hp on way of the demon
>>
>>1312881
Which armor set is in the bottom photo? Looks pretty badass.
>>
Is the Kasurigama a weapon for only shutters or is it ok I main it. Also what is a good secondary nothing really scales with DEX.
>>
>>1336546
It is not ok, if you main it I will personally beat the shit out of you, don't even think about it
>>
>>1336546
>Also what is a good secondary
What's your second-highest stat?
>>
>>1333587
That's a good question. What games shouldn't be allowed in this board? Is Deus Ex an RPG?
>>
>>1336949
>Deus Ex an RPG?
no
>>
>>1336484
learn to confusion/grace set stacking buffs/ninjitsu/onmyo/etc

at this level you should be conbining many ways to debuff monsters
>>
>>1337634
>at this level you should be conbining many ways to debuff monsters
I thought debuffs are supposed to be useless on ng++
>>
>>1337654
just lame ones like sloth, then you get accessory/armor buffs that reapply those weakened debuffs constantly on condition
>>
>>1312881
Any wat to fix it?
>>
How did the japanese even survive extinction during the events of Nioh? Yokai everywhere, wars, betrayals, magic crystals that converts people, foreign intervention and death everywhere.
>>
Is DotW the point when i should stop rushing the difficulties? It looks like all the main endgame components and good graces are already there.
>>
>the two skellies on the seals aren't just random props
Didn't expect that.
>>
>>1337809
there are a lot of safe zones, probably not where there has been death everywhere
>>
Minamoto no Yoshitsune's grab attack is some cheap shit.
>>
>>1337983
>good graces are already there.
lmao
>>
>>1338845
literally git gud
Yoshi of all nioh 2 bosses is the one with zero bullshit surprisingly
>>
>>1338931
I already did and beat him. I'm still calling that grab bullshit, though.
>>
>>1338921
Yes?
>>
>>1338950
literally only susanoo and magatsuhi, that's all, all other good graces and + armor sets are all wotn
>>
Ahhhh fuck environmental hazards and cheap enemy placement (hidden from view).
>>
>>1339013
>being defeated by ledges
>>
Check your boons, as part of a collab with the upcoming Ninja Gaiden Master Collection, we have access to the blue Ryu Hayabusa outfit from the original Ninja Gaiden
>>
>>1339629
Correction: It's a transformation, not a costume
>>
I love how Odachi's Thunderbolt Skill invalidates a lot of High Ki reaction attacks like Roars and Quakes
still to use it requires some match up knowledge on bosses to not chewed up during hyper armor with a combo you'd normally be able to start blocking early
>>
>>1339664
>It's a transformation
nobody cares then
>>1340577
>still to use it requires some match up knowledge
dude just use a tank build lmao
>>
Anyone know a place where I can get comprehensive builds for earlygame?
Like most builds don't even mention what to get for the samurai skill tree or which nodes should be upgraded in the weapon tree.
>>
>>1340771
>Samurai Skill Tree
Get Flux and all the Ki Pulse skills ASAP. Then, get passives and elemental action modifiers. Most other action modifiers suck. There are some obvious things you can skip like unarmed damage.
>Weapon Skill Trees
Mystic Arts (once unlocked)>New Actions>>>>>Unlocking passives>>>>Dumping points in passives.
>>
>>1340771
>Like most builds don't even mention what to get for the samurai skill tree or which nodes should be upgraded in the weapon tree.
literally everything
>>
>>1332737
Those are with the DLC Kodama.
>>
File: 1613206131089.gif (44 KB, 500x500)
44 KB
44 KB GIF
Does the evasion dash cancel timing change from weapon to weapon?

I can do it consistently with the sword, but not with other weapons. I just want to confirm.
>>
>>1341108
evasion dash cancel timing?
>>
>>1333806
Soulslike
>>
>>1341624
you are niggerlike
>>
>>1341771
underrated post
>>
>>1340771
Samurai skill tree has a handful of passives that are useful for literally every build, some active skill buffs on stats of which you only really need 2 or 3 depending on what stats you're raising, and a bunch of borderline useless shit that you will eventually level anyway because the game showers you in samurai locks and you got everything useful by the time you're halfway through the first run

Other skill trees are more or less the same, you eventually get enough skill points to max everything but in the meantime you can respec at the dojo, so you're encouraged to just try things out and see what works for you, it is very hard to make a non-viable build in this game, especially in the first few difficulties
>>
File: file.png (1.63 MB, 1360x768)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB PNG
>>
how much did I fuck up by playing on WotN before doing dlcs on normal
>>
>>1311937
So can someone tell me exactly what I need to do to be able to play with a katana with dex or magic stat? Online people claim this is possible but I'm half way through NG+ and it's definitely not possible. Or is that something that you only get access to by the time you're level 400 and done with the game anyway (meaning there's literally no point)?

I must say I'm severely disappointed by this. I started the game fully believing the tips online about how your stats don't matter and you can change the scaling every which way. That info is everywhere. And yet, game already through 1.5 times and nothing.
>>
>>1342844
Nothing really. You want to the DLCs on the first difficulty if you want the special rewards like the emotes.
>>
>>1342850
wotw onwards
>>1342844
literally nothing
>>
>>1342844
You missed out on getting some new spirits early but that's about it
>>
>fix retarded sloth duration on rev sloths
>fix annoying as shit boulder sound persisting
finally
>>
>>1343036
How do you get to WoTW and what do I do once there? Not a lot of info about the how of this. I assume it's NG+2 then?
>>
>>1343539
+3

Dream of the Samurai (first playthrough)
Dream of the Strong
Dream of the Demon
Dream of the Wise
Dream of the Nioh

Clearing any missions in a difficulty will unlock more chapters, and clearing In the Eye of the Beholder will unlock the next difficulty

>>1342850
If you really want you can get alternate stat scaling as soon as Dream of the Strong, just make sure the weapon doesn't have any conflicting lines (such as Melee Damage +%) and start tempering until you get the stat you want, they're purple lines and will for example be like "Damage Bonus (Magic) A-"
>>
>>1343572
Sweet, thanks for this anon! This was more data than I've been able to find since I started gaming.
>>
>>1343602
also take note that transform stat can roll on divines too so don't just blindly dump them without checking first
>>
Penance Stone would be a far superior system if it didn't increase enemy damage and just gave more enemies curses.
Prove me wrong.
>>
>>1343836
penis stone would be a better system if it had all the fucking graces and instead of bumping HP gave enemies new attacks or mixed up old ones depending on stone level
>>
>>1343572
Are kodama shared between difficulties?
>>
>>1344174
kodamas and non quest reward locks are all one time acquires
>>
File: Untitled4.jpg (15 KB, 917x41)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
MORE TEACUPS
>>
>>1344191
Nice, would be a pain having to replay low difficulty missions
>>
>respec from skill/ninjutsu to magic/onmyo
is ninjutsu something that becomes good at high level and with the right equipement only? onmyo projectiles are already stronger than the kunais I was using and I'm still in the ninja clan
wearing a ninjutsu set
also the kusarigama felt like shit to use compared to the glaive/staff
>>
I'm getting my ass handed to me in Demon difficulty what the fuck do I do? I know nothing about gear mechanics in this game.
>>
>>1344463
>kunais
>in 2
lmao
>>
>>1343572
>and clearing In the Eye of the Beholder will unlock the next difficulty
And thankfully Otakemaru in Eye of the Beholder is really easy to beat regardless of difficulty because it's only after unleashing his 3 sword mode that he's fast and dangerous.
>>
>>1345120
Yeah but if you beat every non-online mission on Demon difficulty, you get the smithing text for the scampuss hat which gives unlimited reckoning bell
>>
Does ethereal equipment unlock in DotW or DotN?
>>
>>1345373
Oh also if it does unlock in DotW, then should I just skip through Demon and get to Wise so that Ethereal stuff starts dropping and I dump my basically worthless Divine gear?
>>
>>1345379
Nah, stick around in Demon and get your levelups because it's going to be a longass time before you get ethereal gear with the graces you specifically want.
>>
>>1345385
Really? My ninjutsu has been falling off hard compared to before.
>>
>>1345504
Oh if you're doing pure ninjutsu then just get someone to carry your ass to Wise because that's when ninjutsu damage starts to skyrocket again, it hits this wierd wall in Demon that it recovers from quickly. I think it was the devs noticing how much ninjutsu suffered in Demon and overcorrecting in Wise and Nioh.
>>
>>1312299
If you like Souls and Ninja Gaiden, yes.
Prepare to get your ass kicked like in any of those games.
>>
What do you want to see in Nioh 3, anons?
Personally, I'd be happy to see a drastic change in setting: the late Tokugawa shogunate, Boshin war and the start of the Meiji era. I'd love to see Nioh's fantasy-history take on such an interesting period.
>>
>>1327991
>>1327109
Yeah, the Iga did nothing wrong.
His dumbfuck of a son wanted to take the province known for its centuries-old tradition of guerrilla warfare (that wasn't even hostile to the Oda) for egotistical reasons, failed miserably and Nobunaga had to wipe them out to cover up for that blunder.
Seriously, Nobunaga's biggest failure was his complete imbecile of a son.
>>
>>1345569
His family is honestly pretty interesting. Killed one brother, 2 died in the war with the Asai-Asakura Clan alliance, one converted to Christianity and went by John for the rest of his life (he lived the longest of any of them), this game says plenty about his sister Oichi, one was killed by another Oda family member while riding his horse.
>>
>>1345515
it doesn't
the reason why ninjutsu/onmyo are way better in wotw/wotn is because tsukuyomi/marici, omoikane and plus sets start to exist and these do a LOT
>>
>>1345620
Also you can finally raise your capacity past 35
>>
>Spear build video says to use warrior of the east set for very early game
>Leaves stamina on 5
Wtfuck
>>
>>1345738
>youtube fags
>not being retarded
pick one
>>
>>1344463
for ninjutsu you want the feathers iirc. Bombs are useful to trigger the fire debuff, caltrops are a good sloth alternative, the groundfire traps work great against human enemies. Kunai and shuriken are pretty bad damage wise but poison shuriken are great for triggering poison.
>>
>>1345746
>Bombs are useful to trigger the fire debuff
bombs are trash outside of very early game to blow up slimes
>caltrops are a good sloth alternative
until you get rakansen and sloth on ninjutsu hit
>>
>>1345849
I'm on DotN currently and the bombs trigger the fire debuff just fine without me going beyond 30 dexterity. They don't do damage but they're useful if you want to trigger confusion in a pinch.
>sloth on hit
Yeah but if it stacks with the lightning debuff you'll get double the slow. I'm playing a magic build and have sloth on omnyo hit as well and having lightning familiars on top of that feels very, very unfair. The bosses might as well just not move at this point.
>>
>>1345913
>I'm playing a magic build
then why do you need fucking bombs at all use fire shot or explosive shot, there's zero reason to use bombs in wotn as you have either cores, fire onmyo or fire feathers
>>
Which is a better fit for a ninja weapon, Tonfa or Fists? They both seem like good backup for the Kus and meant to be the other two "standard" ninja weapons of the game (discounting swapping scaling later).

honestly it's the Kus that I care the least for of the three, I find it kind of boring because 5% of it's move arsenal feels 300 times better than the remaining 95%
>>
>>1346349
tonfa is irrelevant no matter what seething tonfa mains will tell to you
>>
>>1343814
Is the stat degree also random (A, B, C)? Knowing what to look for I've now checked every single divine sword that dropped and finally got one I could temper into Magic C, but that was barely 100 points more damage. So can you get Magic A- too or is it limited to C every time? Remodeling can't touch that stat so that's not help either.
>>
>>1346349
Probably fists if you want to go full on Tatsumaru/Tesshu/Onikage. Out of using 1kat, 2kat, Fists, Tonfa and Kusarigama though, I would say that Tonfa is probably the most casual friendly weapon in the game followed by the Kusarigama.
>>
>>1347192
transform stat doesn't have grades, it switches the weapon's highest scaling to that one stat, the only way to increase the letter of scaling is remodel
>>1347343
>Tonfa is probably the most casual friendly weapon
switchglaive and 1kat are the biggest noob friendly weapons
>>
>the stupid strong "path of the ****" abilities are added completely for free to 5 slots scrolls already have
lmao what the fuck i can't believe they locked this shit behind depths
>>
>>1341288
I think he's talking about that thing you can do with the sword where you low stance running attack, cancel it with a low stance dodge and dash into another low stance running attack, rinsing and repeating, making you go a little faster than your top sprint speed would normally allow.
You can do a similar thing with fists where you low stance dodge into that slide the fists do, then cancel it with a low stance dodge and repeat the whole process. But doing that doesn't really seem to make you go faster, just a fun way to get around.
>>
>>1339664
What a shame. I would've worn the top, arm gear, and probably foot gear on my custom character.
Arm wraps don't even come with the fingerless gloves they came with in nioh 1. Those were my favorite arm armor to refashion to, cause they were like the only fingerless gloves without some ugly piece of armor strapped to em.
I'm never gonna use this fucking transformation though. Who fucking uses stuff like transforming when there's a whole amazing character creator for you to use instead?
>>
Now listen up....
Hanbei is dead.
>>
>>1350590
good
>>
>depths are borderline nioh 1 abyss level bad
thanks TN
>>
I'm speedrunning through the entire game again before starting DLC 3 on Dream of the Nioh and I have to say that I'm quite burnt out doing this.
>>
>>1350933
speedrunning difficulties really sucks tbqh
>>
>>1350933
I only ever played Nioh 1 once, because I got tired of seeing the same monsters over and over and playing levels reversed. Got boring, take a break.
>>
>>1350933
how, the new loot and enemy placement keeps it kinda fresh
>>
>>1351099
Enemies are not new enough
Also whoever thought replacing every toxic slime with harinobos is a fun idea can go die in a fire
>>
>>1351141
the enemy placement is new compared to normal game, dunno if its the same as other ng+ since I didn't do main story on those
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (95 KB, 1280x720)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
GOD I WANT TO IMPREGNATE HER
>>
>>1351521
Understandable, personally I want to impregnate Mumyo
>>
>>1351099
It's still the same level and the new placement only affects main missions, side missions are the same old, same old. But for me it's mostly the level that gets old after a while, I think. Loot is iffy once ethereals drop because you need to hope for the right graces, everything else is just there for you to soulmatch your existing armor. I think spending a lot of time sifting through all the garbage loot after 3 or so missions is also quite exhausting. If I could have the option to only pick up orange gear I'd gladly do that. There might be the odd divine or two that has perfect rolls which you can upgrade to the right grace/rarity but it's not worth the time, imo.
For me the game peaked at demon and got worse with wise and nioh is just facerolling through shit. Or dying due to a mistake, it's quite bizarre how you either demolish everything or fuck up once and get combo'd to death.
>>
>>1351702
>Or dying due to a mistake, it's quite bizarre how you either demolish everything or fuck up once and get combo'd to death.
That's how the game always felt to me but I'm trash, it does feel kinda easier in WotN though.
I guess if you farmed for good armor on previous difficulties you wouldn't care about loot apart from graces. For most loot can't you just mass dissasemble/sell while only looking at ethereals?
>>
>>1351702
>If I could have the option to only pick up orange gear I'd gladly do that.
it actually exists
>>
>>1351737
divines can have good inheritables too
>>
>>1351702
Is heavy armor still the way to go in endgame? I'm in Wise now with a light armor build and skeletons, big gakis, and shitty bandits can all one-shot me, I keep a quick change active at all times
>>
>>1351767
armor type is a meme
you will get shit on by anything in wotn and even more in depths unless you outright make a tank build which has no damage (and still gets hit too hard in depths)
>>
>>1351767
survivability late game comes from debuffs and lifesteal. Very heavy armor seems to be quite strong defense wise even in the depths but you need to have a specific build for that.
>>
i still can't believe people take shit ass steel and protection talismans over the extremely good element stop talismans
>>
>>1352176
how does steel one even work, is it % or a flat increase to defense
>>
>>1352176
The incorrect stop talisman might be useless, a protection talisman will always be useful
>>
>>1352261
no idea i geniunely see no difference, even if it is it's like 10-15% tops so no noticeable effect whatsoever
>>1352263
>protection talisman will always be useful
>down in 1 to 3 hits
no not really
even more with it being 5 capacity you can get like 2 sets of stop talismans for that
>>
>>1352289
when 1-3 hits is enough to kill you 1-3 times then protection is pretty good
>>
>>1352289
>no idea i geniunely see no difference, even if it is it's like 10-15% tops so no noticeable effect whatsoever
I googled it and from what some fag said on gamefaqs it's flat 20%, I could see it being useful if you still have shit armor and low health so you don't die in 1 hit.
>>
>>1352318
maybe it becomes better with onmyo power because it cuts around 50% fire floor damage for me. Even element debuff immunity alone is already worth it like i seriously have no idea how do you fight izanami without lightningstop talisman without wanting to kill yourself
>>
>>1352333
Ye elemental stop shit is vital, don't see why you can't run like 1 or 3 steel talismans with it though
>>
>>1352341
some builds are capacity strapped and unless you use onmyo as pure utility there are better picks for that capacity
>>
>>1352350
wtf are the good picks then, I was literally just using element shots, one type of element stop, rejuvs, barrier and steel
>>
>>1352398
extraction, barrier, stop talismans, element shots or shikigamis. guardian spirit, gust talisman, ki burst, luminous blade, pleiades and spirit surge for YS builds
>>
I DID IT friends i beat the FUCKER Toshimitsu. Toshimitsu the Fucker. Assface Dickwad. Fuck you!!

Wheeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww
>>
>>1352763
I can't believe I actually managed to learn to reliably parry a few of his attacks, read all his bullshit fucking moves and become consistent enough to get through the fight without many mistakes.

Well he doesn't actually do much damage per hit except for his supermoves, but he tilts you like a MOTHERFUCKER. Whenever you get magic-blasted after dodging it feels like a dick slap. FUCK this guy.
>>
>>1352604
>gust
projectiles are literally the easiest shit to dodge, this seems like a waste
>amrita gain onmyo stuff
I guess that's good for amrita onmyo power bonus and the attack bonus gear?
>>
>>1352809
>projectiles are literally the easiest shit to dodge, this seems like a waste
Not when some dickass cannon skeleton oneshots you out of nowhere while you fight shit or denies you half the battle zone. I can't be arsed to run switchglaive all the time. Also turns fuki's cannon shit into free damage and stops hatchet throw attacks because these are projectiles for who knows what reason.
>I guess that's good for amrita onmyo power bonus and the attack bonus gear?
life recovery on amrita gain alone already makes extraction near mandatory and other bonuses on amrita gain only make it better
>>
>>1352986
>life recovery on amrita gain alone already makes extraction near mandatory
does it regen way more than rejuv, just seems like a lot of extra steps for a heal
>>
>>1353017
>lot of extra steps
there's nothing hard in tempering one thing on body and accessories
>>
Whoever designed benkei's armor needs a fucking raise
>>
>>1352772
he was the first boss that didn't make me feel bad about using sloth talismans
fuck him and his invulnerability talismans when he is about to die, same for honda

completely unrelated, shouldn't yasook speak portuguese instead of english since he came with portuguese missionaries?
>>
>>1353860
Yaeh lemme just backstep 20 fucking yards and dash back in and fuck you while you're still mid-swing no problem ha ha. see ya later dude *flicks explosive shikigami, walks away*
>>
>use tank build and stop talismans
>laugh at Toshimitsu
nothing personnel
>>
I can't decide what weapons to start with. I liked dual kat and kusarigama in the first game, but the scythe and hatchets looks fun in this

I also liked the tonfas, but they seemed a bit weak in 1
>>
>>1357274
Go Scythe and 2kat
>>
Wave of Terror fucks me up and it's the first time I left a mission unfinished.
>>
wait a sec, just finished the 3rd DLC, why the fuck did Otakumoron murder his own sister and also time travel sucks. You didn't change anything, you just completed the cycle, correct?
>>
>>1357449
>why the fuck did Otakumoron murder his own sister
she sacrificed herself to make sohayamaru
>You didn't change anything, you just completed the cycle, correct?
yes
you freed actual otakumaru from his asshurt part (which is kashin koji) influence, so a thousand years later you can finish all this business once and for good
>>
>>1357468
>she sacrificed herself to make sohayamaru
No, she sacrificed her guardian spirit and part of her memory to create the sword. She's alive at the end of DLC3.
>you freed actual otakumaru from his asshurt part (which is kashin koji) influence, so a thousand years later you can finish all this business once and for good
That's pretty weak, I don't like it when time travel shit is the justification for present events. Still doesn't explain why Kashin Koji killed your mom, which is Otakumorons sister AND possessed your twin without realizing any of it. He only sorta kinda does when you kill him in the final mission. Also him sperging out and going on a genocidal rampage because the villagers didn't like it when he killed a thief, that's pretty autistic.
>>
>>1358305
>She's alive at the end of DLC3.
No? At the end of the dlc she and otake are ded at interim and pass away peacefully
>>
I seem to remember reading that you should just shoot for heavy armor generally speaking, is that true or are lighter armors worth it depending on the build?
>>
>>1358365
Heavy armor makes blocking use less ki but dodging use more, light armor is the opposite, medium is balanced for both/either. Early game the raw defense from heavy armor makes a difference, but by the last difficulty and the Depths mode that comes with it, everything dangerous will one-shot you either way so it comes down to playstyle preference
>>
>>1358365
you get whatever you need for your build and has 200+ toughness
>>
>>1358327
>At the end of the dlc she and otake are ded
Anon, if she died at the end of the DLC, then how were you and your twin born from her a thousand years later?
>>
File: 20210220230154_1.jpg (231 KB, 1920x1080)
231 KB
231 KB JPG
turtle
>>
>>1358327
as it turns out people can just move on to the afterlife if they want to in nioh. tokichiro did it despite being resurrected
>>
File: 20210222045806_1.jpg (163 KB, 1920x1080)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
>>
Do pc fags already have cheats for editing cores and gear?
>>
>>1360372
no
>>
>>1360372
yes
>>
>>1360372
maybe
>>
>>1358327
That scene happens after the final mission in the base game, anon.
>>
>>1311937
Does anyone know how to check components? I can't find anything on google for this. Every time I disassemble, the game gives me warning that I'm out of space so I won't receive all items. Yet clearly I can't be out of space when I have like 100/500 inventory in everything I can find. And there's no info on what materials are thrown to bin, divine fragments or the white useless shit? What the hell am I supposed to do if I can't even disassemble stuff anymore? No way I'm touching that if I run the risk of losing rare components.
>>
>>1360823
It's probably umbracite fragments, go forge all of them into umbracite, there's no reason not to
>>
>>1360828
Thanks, that was it! There was a bunch of other craftables there too. Didn't even know they were there.
>>
>>1359706
tasty abs
>>
What exactly is the deal with locking smithing texts and boss skills behind retarded RNG drops? I mean forging becomes meaningless anyway in Wise and it's not particularly engaging to fight boss, return to title, load game, fight boss, rinse and repeat until you get the drop you want. I even did that in missions where you just fight the boss because I didn't want all the shit loot cluttering up my inventory. It's not like the game needs the additional padding or anything, there's already loads of content.
>>
>>1361561
playtime padding
it's always the same reasom every time
>>
File: WAIFUUUUUUUUUU.jpg (216 KB, 1201x1079)
216 KB
216 KB JPG
wife
>>
Anyone here watching Noel's playthrough? Did she get to Osakabe already?
>>
>>1361970
shes playing nioh 1 dumbass, and she sucks shit, there are other /vt/ playthroughs that are way better
>>
>>1362067
>shes playing nioh 1
whoa gay
>>
>>1362067
Not him but name some. Most /vt/ I see are playing kusoge like apex and minecraft.
>>
>>1361844
If there is one game that doesn't need any padding it's Nioh. If that's really the reason the designers have to be retarded to not see that. I've killed Eboshi and the Moron around 20-40 times each until I got everything I wanted. I did it on NG despite being done with the Nioh difficulty, at least there everything should drop after the first kill but drop rates are not affected by the NG+ cycle iirc.
>>
>>1362158
Devs don't think so and they are partially right, since nioh is pve loot game grinding loot is where all the time is
>>
>>1362185
Idk, it burns me out more than anything. Barely managed to complete DLC3 and I need to complete Dream and Afterglow, I think as well, already dreading Mausoleum of Evil and Hideyoshi's castle and Hideyoshi's castle 2: Sengoku Boogaloo. Don't know if I want to tackle the underworld and depths as well. Playing the complete edition is probably a mistake because the game was designed to be played with breaks in-between and not playing through a bazillion difficulties back to back.
>>
>>1362545
you do know you don't have to beat story missions on subsequent playthroughs, even more with lax as fuck new requirements right?
>>
While im having fun with nioh, i still like dark souls more. RNG stats on armor and getting RNG drop smithing recipes for armor is fucking aids.
>>
>>1362158
Killed Takeda 160 times, still no Tatetanshi text...
>>
>>1363683
This. Dark Souls gives you 99% of everything on your first game. The only thing you get from NG+ is the +rings, and they are by no means essential. I really like Nioh, but there's 50x more grind than there needs to be. I would love to make several different characters like an Axe dude, a Mage dude, a Ninja dude, a support dude, a ranged dude, a Sword dude etc. It has more than enough width to make multiple saves like this possible, just like in Dark Souls. But because of the necessary 500h grind to get one character geared up, making alts is completely out of the question. So you're stuck with one set of looks, gear, and builds at a time.
>>
>waah my grind
>when souls has the most boring and shitty grind by far
i want soulsperms to leave
>>
>>1364681
Why do you lie? You know you'll be caught by literally anyone who's played both games.

Dark Souls isn't about bullet sponge enemies while you die in 1 hits, it's about skill vs skill and barring bosses, you can kill almost anything in 1-5 hits too. It has only one loot tier, and then you just upgrade it. No convoluted systems added on top. As for the traditional grind itself, in DS3 you can get EVERYTHING, including the roughly 120 SL meta level cap and the +3 rings with the DLC's, within like 20-30 hours of gaming. The time value you get from DS1 and 3, and why they still have active communities, is because of the replay value afforded by co-op, PvP, and the hundreds of different viable builds.

Meanwhile the reason people play Nioh for as long as they do is not the replay value, it's not the co-op, it's just the grind. Those 20-30 hours in DaS to get every item and up to PvP level cap - where you've reached soft caps on essential stats already -, is 500+ hours in Nioh 2. In Dark Souls you only need to go to location X to get the weapon you like ONCE. One single time. In Nioh? You need to do RNG farming through base game, then NG+, ++, +++, ++++, and beyond, and even then you need to get the perfect stats on the drop, then remodel and temper that for the other perfect stat scores.

Nioh 2 is built in a way that the base game is fun. And the second you get into DLC or NG+ territory, it's nothing but fucking air. Typical Korean MMO grind shit with one ounce of content spread over a billion miles of empty desert. It's a game designed for people with nothing but time and nothing else to waste that time on, for years.
>>
>>1364756
>Dark Souls isn't about bullet sponge enemies
not that anon but lmao
>>
>>1364756
>Dark Souls isn't about bullet sponge enemies while you die in 1 hits
nor is nioh outside of very tiny period in 2 wotw for a few bosses
>inane rants of soulsperm unable to handle loot
ok
and you can upgrade any gear to max in nioh too, it's just not worth it
>within like 20-30 hours of gaming
And? Are you playing the game or trying to speedrun to the end?
>The time value you get from DS1 and 3
You don't get any value from shitty dark souls games, demons, bloodborne and sekiro are the only good ones
>not the replay value, it's not the co-op, it's just the grind.
even if it was true there's nothing wrong in playing the game for the grind
> You need to do RNG farming through base game, then NG+, ++, +++, ++++, and beyond, and even then you need to get the perfect stats on the drop, then remodel and temper that for the other perfect stat scores.
no you literally don't you minmaxing faggot
>>
>>1364801
>nor is nioh [about bullet sponge enemies] outside of very tiny period in 2 wotw for a few bosses
Dude, I'm in NG+3, the enemies have been bullet sponge from 1:st mission, and have only gotten incrementally worse the further along the game goes. It's blatantly obvious that barring some imbalanced broken ultra-endgame builds like you can find on youtube, the game's difficulty revolves around bullet sponge enemies that instagib you. Hell, teh burst / grab movesets are 100% transparently BASED around the idea of OHK. The further along you go, the more spongy they get. Google has pages worth of results of people complaining about the same thing.

>And? Are you playing the game or trying to speedrun to the end?
I proved that Nioh 2 is an order of magnitude more grindy than Dark Souls. But since you're just stuck transparently trying to move the goal line, I guess you concede on that.

>even if it was true there's nothing wrong in playing the game for the grind
Oh of course not, for those who like it. I don't. I play Dark Souls because they're great games. Because I can finish my build in a few days and then just keep playing that same build for the sake of the awesome gameplay and fun co-op / PvP action. It's too bad Nioh 2 never gets to that point because of the endless grind.
>>
>>1365542
>Dude, I'm in NG+3, the enemies have been bullet sponge from 1:st mission, and have only gotten incrementally worse the further along the game goes.
that's because you're a soulsperm dogshit at the game, for anyone else it's faceroll time until next difficulty outside of very early start of new dificulties since wotw onwards. Hell the incels who spent too much time learning to abuse game mechanics can even faceroll the game with dogshit gear. The only even threatening enemies are the purple dlc 3 enemies (or reds if your gear is trash) because their already bullshit damage output gets ramped even higher.
> I play Dark Souls because they're great games.
L M A O
>>
>>1365542
>>1365632
Sperging aside, Nioh and Souls are different games. Nioh's progression is much more like the traditional hack'n'slash game like Diablo while Fromsoftware's games are designed with a singular difficulty in mind. That being said, Nioh offers some additional depth to the ARPG formula by also being a skill based game. You can overcome bad gear with skill and to a lesser extent the opposite is also true.

You can play Nioh once on NG and be done with it, the same way you'd likely play any of Fromsoftware's games if not for the MP, which Nioh lacks outside of coop where zergrushing the boss is the goal. Since builds don't really matter until NG++, you can play with whatever weapon you like, you don't really need specialized builds for them. "Build" means two different things for both games since Souls focuses more on the character's stats while Nioh focuses more on the gear you wear.
>>
>>1365682
>Nioh and Souls are different games.
too bad soulsperms still can't get it even like 4 years after

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.