[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: harrypotter.jpg (506 KB, 999x1321)
506 KB
506 KB JPG
Your thoughts? Expectations?
>>
>>1200334
i'm not a woman so I don't want to play a game about little harry and his jewish creator
>>
>>1200344
It's pretty cringe to not want to play an RPG that takes place in one of the most based franchises in the history of franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been increasingly better from the others. Aside from the comfy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its pure excitement and spectacular use of special effects, all to make magic truly magical, to make action seem exhilirating.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling agreed to the idea of Alfonso Cuaron directing Prisoner of Azkaban; she made sure the series would be forever remembered as a work of art that meant the world to all the fans? just ridiculously astounding adaptations for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Zack Snyder's DCEU series in its refusal of grimdark, Randian politics, and deconstruction. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they can.

>b-but the books are good as well

"Yes!" The writing is exquisite; the book was divine. As I read, I noticed that every time a character died, I was emotionally moved.

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time a character died. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by originality and lively metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Salman Rushdie. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Salman Rushdie." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Salman Rushdie.
>>
>>1200386
Really doesn't work inverted.
>>
>>1200334
It's gonna be just as shit as the garbage source material. And only autistic normies are going to enjoy it (much like with the franchise itself). This trash has no place on this board.
>>
>>1200334

It might be interesting? It'll be nice to see if your choices/actions actually matter, or if it'll be like a JRPG. I'm hoping that since it's in the 1800s, I can play a condescending Pureblood.
>>
I just hope it doesn't fall over itself like Cyberdunk 2077 did.
All I want is a cool Harry Potter RPG with lotsa choices and lotsa cool spell shit to do.
>>
>>1200386
>Quentin
makes me wonder what's total run of all Tarantino movies
>>
I detest the Potter franchise so I shan't be playing it unless /vrpg/ declares it 10/10 game of the century
>>
>>1200386
what is even 'based' about fucking harry potter
>>
>>1201310
Absolutely nothing, ignore the basic autistic at all costs, anon: you don't want to catch shit taste from his kind, it's highly contagious!
>>
>>1200334
If it's good. I'll play it. Those are my thoughts.
>>
Delay it to 2025 if they want. Better a delayed game than another Cyberpunk.
>>
>>1200386
I'm sorry anon, but Quentin isn't making a comeback.
>>
File: JK.jpg (847 KB, 1000x1562)
847 KB
847 KB JPG
>>1200386
tldr
>>
>>1201793
Gross I can see her nips. Im gonna barf

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.