[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Betrayal_at_Krondor6.jpg (177 KB, 280x357)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
Sell me on it.
>>
I like the ones with tits
>>
File: QfG4.jpg (57 KB, 510x287)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
Quest for Glory 4

The first RPG I'd ever played where you imported your character from one game to the next, retaining all skills, levels and equipment. Each game in the series is good in its own way, but Quest for Glory 4: Shadows of Darkness took it to a whole new level. The game is narrated by John Rhys-Davies (Gimli/Treebeard from Lord of the Rings or Dr. Maximilian Arturo from Sliders depending on your fantasy vs scifi leanings) but has excellent voice acting throughout it.

The setting is a psuedo-Transylvanian one mixed with heavy Lovecraftian themes. Vampires haunt the sleepy slavic countryside, Gypsies tell fortunes from their wandering campsites. Leshy treefolk spin riddles from their bushes, naked Rusalka revenants tempt the unwary to watery graves, and through the darkness here or there bits of heroism shine through. An unclaimed Paladin's blade, waiting for a worthy owner. An enchanted glen, holding the last bit of benevolent faerie magic.

Outside the setting and story, the game's mechanics are great too. There are four classes with different abilities. Every situation can be approached a variety of ways, so you can overcome the same obstacle through multiple playthroughs using entirely different methods, keeping the game fresh. And as always, your journey doesn't end here, but continues on to Quest for Glory 5: Dragonfire.
>>
I like the ones where I can control a band of hot hot waifus.
>>
>>1200279
>John Rhys-Davies (Gimli/Treebeard from Lord of the Rings or Dr. Maximilian Arturo from Sliders depending on your fantasy vs scifi leanings)
Also Indiana Jones' Arab friend.
>>
>>1199976
Mah nigga.
>>
>>1200475
No I've never played it, it's just a bait picture
>>
>>1200480
keyed
>>
>>1200279
>>1200301
>John Rhys-Davies
Also James 'Paladin' Taggart and the voice of Prince Thrakhath in Wing Commander
>>
>>1200279
Also great music if you have a Roland or pirate the ROMs and run them through an emulator

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.