[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 72 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>>
Kingmaker is seriously trash. Most overrated game on /v/ right now.
>>
nigger!
>>
>>1198976
D:OS 2 is seriously trash. Most overrated game on /v/ right now.
>>
Haven't played DOS2 yet but Kingmaker is one of my all time favorites.
>>
I like Pathfinder, but DOS2 is just all around better. PF is mostly just good for the huge variety of builds possible and for those that prefer rtwp. People bemoan some juvenile writing in Larian games (much worse in DOS1) but PF is just bland.
>>
>>1198976
They're so fucking different that it's stupid to compare.
>Muh RPG
And that's the only real thing they're the same at.
>>
they're both good :)
>>
Pathfinder was a refreshingly interesting experience. Divinity is boring.
>>
>>1198976
DOS2 is children's first rpg
>>
>>1198976

Both are almost equally good for completely different reasons. Like, you certainly have more story telling options on Kingmaker and you have a plethora of classes, races and job combinations that really allow for very good role play but Divinity allows for somehow more creativity to solve situations gameplay wise, like you can talk to a character to distract it while others sneak pass him or steal from him or you can combine shoes and nails to avoid slipping on icy surfaces. Combat also has better verticality options in Divinity while weather effects are better on Pathfinder.
So you see, both good.
>>
Pathfinder makes you a cuck, has a tacked on kingdom management system that's shit, has an autist who spammed his wife all over the board, and is ludonarratively dissonant (be a king, yet you're still an errand boy solving quests instead of sending soldiers to do it)

Overall, a horribad experience and game.
>>
>>1199180
>Pathfinder makes you a cuck
nigga you make yourself a cuck. if you didnt go for goats that's on you. did you forget about the red prince romance ending in dos2? im still seething about it
>>
Div2 is fun. Pathfinder is not. Therefore Div2 is better.
>>
>>1198976
Never played kingmaker so i choose Dos:2
>>
File: 1584079100069.png (1.3 MB, 600x1796)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB PNG
HERE WE GO AGAIN
>>
>>1199180
>Pathfinder makes you a cuck
Where did this meme even come from? Is it because of Reg/Octavia's degeneracy?
>>
>>1199123
>>1199003
Both are overrated trash, Dora the explorer: the official rpg is the only true based choice
>>
>>1199365
Wait are those true? Well time to play this game. I also heard that there is alignment in it so I'll go Chaotic Neutral.
>>
File: Joan.jpg (2.21 MB, 2880x1800)
2.21 MB
2.21 MB JPG
>>1199372
I suppose. Which is completely dumb since, you're actually cucking Reg, not the other way around. Poeple are just fuckin obsessed with their cuck shit nowadays, it is insane.
And the same guys would also say they don't like Valerie because she's a knight, and women can't be knights blahblahblah...

Seriously, don't pay too much attention to that kind of message. It's always the same shit over and over again, it's not even funny anymore
>>
>>1198976
DOS2 would have been good if not for the actively shit writing. It's a good game that's ruined by this one unbearably shitty aspect. Kingmaker on the other hand is just alright, but there's nothing in it that can make you seriously hate it either. I'll go with Kingmaker any day.
>>
File: 1581133566750.png (3.33 MB, 1920x1080)
3.33 MB
3.33 MB PNG
>>1199383
It is true for Wrath of the Righteous, not Kingmaker. And not completely true, that guy made that strip when there was barely any info but from what's been gathered from alpha plus dev streams here's what's left:
>around 25 classes with 6 archetypes each plus prestige classes
still true (I think, perhaps there's even more)
>Max level and Mythic progression
still true
>10th level casting
Not true, the game offers mythic spells for the player, which are pretty strong, but they're still 1 to 9 spells depending on your mythic path.
>Can become a fucking Lich and raise bosses as undead minions
On the alpha you can already raise one boss, and several other individuals but it's not that exciting since you will lose dialogue interactions and whatnot for a glorified merc. I also doubt you'll be able to raise anything other than a humanoid. What's advantageous about it is that they are all undead so they have extremely good synergy with your Lich powers. Divine casters also use (You) as the God they worship for their prayers so that is pretty fucking cool.

Not mentioned above but you also get one permanent skull companion with feats.
>REDEEMED SUCCUBUS MOMMY WIFE
The succubus is no longer your mom (which she never was, just a woman that saved you when you were a child and may have stalked you like Elanee in NWN2), but she still loves you very much and wants to hold hands with you.
>>
>>1199491
And what you think about Kingmaker? Is it worth playing?
>>
>>1199516
Yeah, I recommend it. To me it was like falling in love again with NWN2 but strangely, missing quite a bit of quality of life improvements from so many years ago. The story does also have it's moments, you may really like it as a Chaotic Neutral.
>>
File: 1525200548774.jpg (86 KB, 640x512)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
How much replayability do each of them have storywise (since from what I've gathered both offer diverse playstyles)? Will you see all-know all at the end of first playthrough?
>>
>both are crpgs that you don't play for the story
but why
>>
>>1199132
This. as much as I enjoy Pathfinder I think DOS2 is just a better-made game.
>>
>>1198976
Both games are mediocre at best.
>>
File: Ainz.jpg (35 KB, 1024x576)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>1199491
Excellent MP choice.
>>
>>1199590
Sweet
>>
>>1198976
The sad thing is both are bad - pathfinder is held back by being fucking pathfinder and also shitty encounter design, while DOS2 is bad because its a slog of a game and the armor mechanics are dumb
>>
>>1199491
Level 10 casting is still in, it's just not implemented in the Alpha (there's a Lich spell called "Death Realm" that they showed off in the Kickstarter that they've said is level 10, and isn't accessable).

Your raised party members do still have dialogue, just not as much as a party member, and probably no quests.
>>
>>1199710
Did they add in time stop and sequencer? Game is shit if they didn't.
>>
>>1199718
No new spells in Alpha outside of Mythic spells, but they plan to add some. Though Time Stop is all but confirmed to not be added.
>>
>>1199516
Kingmaker is one of the worst games I've ever played. Also, I've finished it four times.
>>
>>1198976
Pathfinder. It is not even a debate.
>>
>>1199710
>Level 10 casting is still in, it's just not implemented in the Alpha (there's a Lich spell called "Death Realm" that they showed off in the Kickstarter that they've said is level 10, and isn't accessable).
Cool, didn't know, thanks.

>Your raised party members do still have dialogue, just not as much as a party member, and probably no quests.
I meant dialogue while adventuring, spontaneous conversations are 10 times better than the exposition infodumps in towns, or do they actually talk in the world while exploring?
>>
>>1198976
This is literally the most transparent attempt to manufacture conflict on this entire board
>>
>>1198976
>Debate
not much of a "Debate" more like Larian having great success while Owlfags and Beamtrannies seethe at them from the irrelevancy corner
>>
>>1199754
Oh hey /v/, how's the wife n kids?
>>
>>1199754
lol
>>
>>1199754
So CoD is good series as well?
>>
>>1199763
lol I bet you haven't played any CoD and just assume everything from the memes posted around here.
>>
>>1199769
Nope I played few of them. Not simple and fun as CS and not dynamic and fun as Quake or UT
>>
>>1199752
I don't recall any ambient dialogue, but they're all also blatantly unfinished. They do however have responsive dialogue, like when a certain zombified dwarf gets revenge against a certain eyeless demon.
>>
File: 😂.png (3.52 MB, 6768x7132)
3.52 MB
3.52 MB PNG
>>1199758
>>1199763
>all this seething
does it irk you that while BG3 breaks Steam and is one of the top selling PC games of the year wrath of the righteous is barely a blip on the radar?
does it annoy you everyone recognises RTwP is a shit system only autistic boomers like, to the point Owlcat had to include a turn-based mode in hopes of attracting a wider audience?
does it bother you that Larianchads just keep on winning?
>>
>>1199729
Then you must have REALLY loved it if you finished it 4 times.
>>
>>1199826
Or he hates himself
>>
>>1199824
>does it irk you that while BG3 breaks Steam and is one of the top selling PC games of the year wrath of the righteous is barely a blip on the radar?
>does it annoy you everyone recognises RTwP is a shit system only autistic boomers like, to the point Owlcat had to include a turn-based mode in hopes of attracting a wider audience?
>does it bother you that Larianchads just keep on winning?
Nope why should it bother me?
Also
>belgian
>chads
Pick one
>>
>>1198976
I beat and enjoyed D:OS1 I played and enjoyed D:OS2 but got bored of it and didnt finish after Fort Joy. I beat and loved Pathfinder and I on my third playthrough. So I guess I think Pathfinder better.
>>
>>1199826
Yes exactly. It's jank, the writing is clunky and inhuman (as expected from Russians), and it has an approach to encounter design that could best be described as "fuck you, player". Yet it's still in my top 10 games.
>>
>>1199824
I asked you a fucking question
>>
>>1199856
>and it has an approach to encounter design that could best be described as "fuck you, player"
I think this is what I love most about the game except for Wild Hunt rape parties.
>>
Divinity all in all have a batter combat since lots of interaction with environment and synergies between the spell and abilities provides nice creative freedom (despite the fact it's easily to abuse and make game really quick and simple), but locations feels more like theme-park and writting (characters and stories) tries to convince you it's Fantasy capeshit.
>>
>>1199372
it comes from some schizo retard throwing a fit about valerie ending up with a farmer in one of her non-romance endings. there was also someone who thought it was cuckoldry that she had previously had a single partner, and mentions that.
It's retarded, the only dumber meme I've seen here in a while is the guy who was trying to force some weird cuck fantasy with imoen in BG threads. At least the "haha.." morons don't pretend to be anything but braindead.
>>
>>1199824
Why would it bother me? I'll just play both, it's not a contest.
Larian does a good job of making flashier, easier to get into games that appeal to a more casual audience, and they do well as a result of that. It's a shame they seem to be putting so much focus on romances and companions when their companion writing is pretty bad, but the game is fun so far.
WoTR is fun too, the alpha is one of the best RPGs I've played in a while and I'm looking forward to full release. Evil paths feeling like they're just as rewarded and well written as good paths is rare, and the mythic stuff is a great way to do that.

I don't really care if one game is more successful than another, Bethesda is going to drastically outsell both with anything they release anyway, as will Bioware.
>>
File: 1565147274770.jpg (143 KB, 750x1000)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
Both are mediocre at best games that are stuck in the past and can't even begin to compete with the games they're trying to ape since they're rough as all hell and made by amateurs pandering to the nostalgia crowd.
Pathfinder is a somewhat bigger autism sandbox but it's still Pathfinder, which means THE discount D&D, people rave about the classes but the vast majority of them are basically indistinguishable from each other, the mechanics are 3.5e but worse, the encounter design is atrocious and the coding is worse, on top of it all it's RTwP, the worst fucking system known to man outside of ATB, and the pyrrhic victory of an optional turn based mode means nothing when encounters are designed around RTwP to begin with.
It's also a game you can't play for anything but the gameplay so if you happen to dislike PF there's nothing for you in there.

D:OS games on the other hand are discount Ultima made by a bunch of belgian LARPers headed by a cretin with no grasp of neither basic game design nor basic math, let alone understanding of the games he's trying to ape.
The game mechanics are barren and schizophrenic, Rivellon is a garbage, boring setting that is also constantly retconned or contradicted with each Divinity series so it's physiologically and ontologically fucking impossible to give a shit about the story, characters or "lore", it looks real nice and the world's fun to explore unlike PF with its ugly and abundantly copypasted landscapes, but it's also not even remotely comparable in terms of gameplay or character building, PF isn't especially great but it's sure fucking better than juggling exploding barrels and squirting glittery puddles every goddamn fight.

But the worst thing about all of this isn't the games, it's the fanbases, a bunch of rabid dogs always at each other's throats, and I sure am glad Obsidian's basically fucking dead after the Pillars and OW fiascos because I sure don't want a third faction of shitposters to add fuel to the (necro)fire.
>>
>>1199753
This has been going on since before /vrpg/ was a thing, back when we had to discuss RPGs on /v/
>>
>>1200069
Wait wasnt it between Larian and Obsidian starting with the one blond bearded guy from PoE being posted in D:OS2 threads?
>>
>>1200140
I'm not sure, all i know is that when i got DOS2 in 2018 and started making some threads about it some autist came into every single thread with the same copy pasta about pre release BG3 info involving Lae'zel cucking the player character because she's from a race of cucks that aren't monogamous. I just wanted to talk about vidya.
>>
>>1198976
pathfinder is dogshit, Divinity OS II is literally the gold standard of the isometric WRPG genre. Playing definitive edition on ps4 now and it's awesome
>>
>>1200148
>ps4
>>
>>1200148
>consoletard talking about Crpgs
>>
>>1199491
>The succubus is no longer your mom (which she never was, just a woman that saved you when you were a child and may have stalked you like Elanee in NWN2), but she still loves you very much and wants to hold hands with you.
You are selling the coomer in me on this game.
>>
>>1198976
Divinity has better graphics, I liked some of the voice acting, the encounters were better gated and better scaled... just look at the sales numbers. Outside of BioWare refugees, everyone knows dos2 is superior to Slav shovel ware with circa 2012 graphics.
>>
>>1199491
>buying the hype
how many times do you nerds have to get burned?
>>
>>1200820
Man if you're gonna do that weird bait praise shit, you should really at least try to avoid being obviously retarded. Terrible scaling is one of the most recognized flaws in DOS2.
>>
>>1200823
Well, how about even once? Kingmaker well exceeded my expectations, and the Wrath Alpha looks to be an improvement in every aspect.
>>
>>1201592
Yeah, literally all they would need to do for me to buy Wrath is for it to be a version of Kingmaker that doesn't have Amiri in it and it's an instabuy
>>
>>1200823
you know a bunch of people have played it right? I don't know if it really counts as "buying the hype" if you've personally played a game, had fun with it and are looking forward to the full release.
>>
>>1201625
So PFKM but you kick Amiri out immediately? I never really get why retards whine about a character that you can straight up kick or kill.
>>
File: 1593136640266.png (128 KB, 838x86)
128 KB
128 KB PNG
>>1201625
Honestly I don't really care about any companions in Kingmaker but I've grown fond of many in Wrath. Daeran, Wenduag, Ember, Regill, Aru and Camellia are all top tier imo
>>
File: fiddl1.png (698 KB, 1014x1034)
698 KB
698 KB PNG
>>1199013
/thred.
>>
which one lets me be more of a coomer
>>
File: 1595692375694.jpg (355 KB, 460x750)
355 KB
355 KB JPG
>>1201776
Divinity OS 2 by far. Especially if you are a scaliefag.
>>
>>1201625
For iconic dyke of the setting Amiri was written pretty okay, IMO
>>
File: 1596842559683.png (960 KB, 1666x890)
960 KB
960 KB PNG
>>1201776
OS2 has the better ingame models and more sex scenes with random whores, Kingmaker has threesome romance with twin tieflings and sporadic sex with half-elf and/or a half-orc.
>>
File: 1584772457518.png (166 KB, 866x106)
166 KB
166 KB PNG
>>1201776
wrath of the righteous
>>
File: horny AF.jpg (806 KB, 1920x1080)
806 KB
806 KB JPG
>>1201898
kek
I see your thigh-crushing and I raise you some tree-climbing.
>>
File: EpolJIeXIAAHRS-.jpg (75 KB, 1030x579)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>1198976
Both massively overrated and flawed, mainly loved due to their focus on quantity and the devs being hipster enough for 4chan.

If this is what passes for "good" WRPGs today then the genre is in a fucking atrocious state.
>>
>>1201882
huh? DOS2 has sex scenes?
>>
>>1199754
Larian is unrionically the new shit tier Bioware. Shit writing, waifu shit, dogshit game design, terrible aesthetics and more.
>>
>>1201922
Ok now provide your alternative, shitposter.
>>
>>1201882
>threesome sex with twins
you have my attention
>>1201898
i thought wotr didnt have any romance yet?
>>
>>1201942
Providing alternatives for someone with demonstrably bottom of the barrel standards is redundant. Go play some eurojank like Elex, that's probably your cup of tea.
>>
>>1198976
didn't much care for dos2 but pk is rtwp and therefore inferior no matter how good the chargen is
>>
>>1199491
>you will lose dialogue interactions and whatnot for a glorified merc. I also doubt you'll be able to raise anything other than a humanoid.
You can raise red dragon boss at least and Queen (with new dialogues where she explains why she is so assmad at protag).
>>
>>1201958
don't you know?
Pathfinder and Pillars of Eternity both KNELT
>>
>>1201954
>no alternative
>>
>>1201952
>i thought wotr didnt have any romance yet?
From what I played you could fuck Camellia and then ask her if she would consider a relationship, you also could handhold Arueshalae. I don't know what the devs consider romance anyhow since in these games the romantic lines are like 20 out of ten thousand.
>>
>>1201925
anon, not only does it have them, shit's fucking narrated too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyapOudzFHw
>>
>>1201954
>implying jetpacking around magalan wasn't fun
>>1201967
lel i missed that thanks. maybe i'll give both another shot some day
>>
>>1201952
>you have my attention
Game have tiefling sisters who are both romancable with possibility to get threesome wedding in the end
>>
File: crazybitch.png (572 KB, 1280x1280)
572 KB
572 KB PNG
>>1201952
You can literally fuck Camellia on top of some faggot's still warm corpse. This is the first scene with her.
>>
>>1201954
so just shitposting, fuck off shitposter
>>
>>1201925
Yes, and they are loud. You don't get animations but the voice acting is something to be heard.
>>1201952
>Tiefling threesome
Don't get your hopes up. It's quite literally
>A short scene at the start where you fuck the feisty one and then the shy one pops in and she runs away embarassed
>A long bout of nothing
>You make them get along
>Ending slide says you're with both but you're never together at the same time because all of you are busy
>>
>>1202046
>Divinity
>voice acting is something to be heard.
>>
>>1202067
Unironically yes. Show me a game with better animal VAs.
>>
>>1202073
>it has great animal VAs in sex scenes
the absolute state of wrpgs
>>
>>1202046
I don't get why people go so crazy over the tieflings romance when there's barely even any interactions in it, especially for Kalikke
>>
>>1202085
>Anon cannot follow
Just like pottery
>Sex scene VAs
Literally no warpig has no sex scene voiceovers
>>
File: 1592081031944.gif (114 KB, 501x501)
114 KB
114 KB GIF
Based Larian Chads BTFOing Pathfinder shills.
>>
>>1202073
>Show me a game with better animal VAs.
Reality show about fat americans
>>
>>1201730
>Seelah
>"I can't breathe"
Cheeky russians.
>>
File: 1595696778234.gif (260 KB, 266x207)
260 KB
260 KB GIF
>>1202090
That's your problem. You're looking at warpigs. Bestiality is bad. Don't you know.
>>
>>1202088
Romances in cRPGs are pretty rare now.
Threesomes are even more rare.
>>
>>1202088
Because romance fags are fucking retarded.
>>
>>1202114
>>1202085
>>1202090
is there any JRPG with voiced sex scenes? I'm just going off memory but I don't think I've played one that has
>>
File: 1538156252830.jpg (14 KB, 325x307)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
So the consensus so far is that, whether one is better than the other, you should try to play both right?
>>
>>1202121
Yes, you should try both and see if you like them. Anyone who tells you otherwise is a fucking faggot and will never be a real woman.
>>
File: 1596060986853.jpg (138 KB, 1042x1042)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>>1202121
No. Fuck you. Eat cum.
>>1202133
You will never be a woman.
>>
>>1202121
Yep
>>
>>1202121
yes, they both fill in their own niches
>>
>>1202137
Exactly, because I am a man and was born as a man.
>>
>>1201954
Imagine being this ill-confident in your video game taste yet daring to shit on others for theirs
>>
>>1202121
No
>>
>>1199365
>Take teleport spell
>teleport bonetard into lava
>"Honestly, it's quite personal, asshole."
>>
>>1202231
>>"Honestly, it's quite personal, asshole."
Don't forget your girly pills.
>>
>>1202234
Shut up, bonetranny.
>>
>>1202237
>Adds MCU-tier quip
>Calls someone else tranny
Lmao
>>
File: 1997 console war.jpg (57 KB, 750x745)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>1202121
yes and only company wars faggots disagree
unfortunately those retards still plague the video game industry
>>
>>1202243
You will never be real lich.
>>
>>1202243
You will never be a Tranny.
>>
>>1202256
Thanks God all mighty
>>
File: 1606008863845.jpg (97 KB, 640x619)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>1202247
Damn. Consolewar levels of dick-measuring faggotry in vidya is older than all the zoomies browsing this site.
>>
>>1202121
>>1202247
option c: diagree by saying play neither because they both suck
>>
>>1202243
>>Adds MCU-tier quip
way to out yourself as a newfag
>>
>>1202326
Whatever helps you sleep tight
>>
File: 1602003131537.jpg (24 KB, 400x400)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>1202231
I have perfect fire immunity, kid
>>
File: p1_2948954_bcddc84f.jpg (377 KB, 1024x1024)
377 KB
377 KB JPG
>>1202348
Not in my system.
>>
Imagine preferring shitty 3d portraits.
Imagine preferring some half baked black magic is bad plot to redeeming your dimensional plant waifu.
Imagine having turn based as the only option for gameplay.
Imagine the company that makes the games continues to try and make you play as their characters that they find interesting instead of adding more freedom for the character YOU make.
Imagine having 6 companion choices instead of 12.

I've never finished either of the divinity original sin games. The writing is try hard.
>>
>>1202455
>Imagine having turn based as the only option for gameplay.
Imagine actually wanting RTWP.
>Imagine the company that makes the games continues to try and make you play as their characters that they find interesting instead of adding more freedom for the character YOU make.
Imagine not wanting a proper POV option for a character.
>Imagine having 6 companion choices instead of 12.
Imagine wanting more shallow choices.
>>
File: 1591373757010.png (766 KB, 695x900)
766 KB
766 KB PNG
>>1202455
>Imagine preferring some half baked black magic is bad plot to redeeming your dimensional plant waifu.
imagine not imparting fair justice to a genocidal f*y
>>
>>1198976
Didn't enjoy anything about Kingmaker. D:OS 2 had fun gameplay and quests though, have 200h on that game.
Not saying the former is shit, personally just found it unbearably boring.
>>
>pathfinder kingmaker
>second line fighters like amiri can get ganked in a single round while wearing full mail
Fun
>>
>>1198976
Is Pathfinder as bland as PoE ? Or is the world more interesting ? Also, BG 3, yes no ?
>>
>>1202539
pathfinder, poe, and bg3 are all bland
>>
Both are plebshit designed for niggers, trannies, weebs and retards.
>>
>>1202539
>Is Pathfinder as bland as PoE
Eh, hard to say imo. I like both but PoE has some unique problems
>Much of the plot is you being reactionary, you don't do stuff actively, you wait for things to happen (literally) for you to finally do something
>The strict timer (when things happen) is fairly daunting especially if you're a perfectionist. Often will you have to return to the same area if you don't game the system by waiting things out. It's completely doable and you'd often have excess time, but it's often distracting
>Kingdom Management somehow is absolutely important to do but also almost completely useless to the main game. And if you fuck up badly, you could reach a Game Over.
It has issues, for better or for worse. The game has a pretty hard filter for people who're not expecting these sort of things.
>>
>>1202562
PoE I know, got some hours in it, cant go any further too boring. Cant imagine there are other games with settings this boring.
>>
>>1202566
Fuck, meant PFKM.
>>
>>1202571
No worries, I know which you meant. Hm, do I have to minmax shit ? I am an autistic Rper
>>
>>1202010
Nice. Kingmaker lacked of a crazy bitch to romance
>>
>>1202574
Not really. The game is offensively easy on Normal, Challenging is fine though. Pets break the game and there's fairly basic spells that render many fights to be a joke.
>>
>>1202567
While we can all have fun arguing between Pathfinder and DOS (I preferred pathfinder), PoE just plain sucks. It is actual soulless garbage designed to be played in only one way, exactly how the autistic designers planned, with no fun allowed. What you want to do something besides tank and spank? Prebuff? Have traps do anything of value? Have interesting items or effects? Forget it, that's not balanced.
>>
>>1202588
>Bro just stick all of them in a corridor
Yeah enemy placements were whack. It was either that or have your backline massacred then your tanks could barely do anything. Oh and let's not forget how busted Empower was Pre 1.1
>>
>>1202581
Thats good I hate challenging games
>>1202588
Okay thats what I hoped. The setting just felt uninspired with bullshit tacked on it, mind I never got that far but what Ive seen didnt bode well with me. And yeah I am not a fan of the real time combat either
>>
>>1202539
BG3 is great if you liked divinity. If you like older Crpgs and want to replay BG1+2 you'll hate it because it's different,.
>>
>>1202638
Never played Divinity, only played PoE in the crpg genre. After watching some of its gameplay I thought it might be a nice introduction to the DnD world
>>
>>1202658
Give it shot then. it's turn based. Keep in mind only the first act is out and not even in it's entirety so you might want to pirate it.
>>
>>1202677
Holy fuck its 60 euros ? Come the fuck on
>>
>>1202692
This is why I recommend piracy. It still has like 30 hours of gameplay if you're rushing through it, more if you're an autist and want to explore every piece of the map. I can provide a magnet link if you want to give it a shot.
>>
>>1202455
Imagine not playing Dos:2 with custom character.
>>
>>1202638
>BG3 is great if you liked divinity
I played divinity and don't really like BG3. Divinity ability system was much more better.
>>
>>1203006
I think that having more ability to interact with the world itself and traversing it more than makes up for the lack of early game spells in BG3. Unless you're talking about the resting system then I can somewhat sympathize. In my opinion you shouldn't be able to long rest around the map as easily as you can in BG3. Solasta: Crown of the Magister handles the resting system in a much better way by making you have to carry around rations that weigh a lot to long rest and by having campfires spaced out in between encounters instead of returning to a camp like you don in BG3.
>>
>>1202628
Pathfinder has a Turn-Based mode. Some fights, especially the first real dungeon, get pretty tedious in TB mode, but it's just a button on the screen, so you can always switch back and forth depending on how much effort and time you feel like putting into a given fight.
>>
File: faces_of_evil.gif (363 KB, 384x239)
363 KB
363 KB GIF
>>1201973
>>1202018
>>1202156
Using your pleb logic Pathfinder and DOS2 are the top 2 best WRPGs ever made. Which proves how right I was, as usual.
>>
>>1203190
>Maybe if I act like I won the argument, people won't notice I was outed as a retard and a coward!
>>
Reminder that Owlcat fags has cuck shit in Pathfinder Kingmaker base game, and they made your threesome with tieflings behind a paid DLC. Romance fags are paypigs to them.

Meanwhile, Larian doesn't have any of that cuck shit, and outright makes the player able to romance who they want, which is based.
>>
File: DOS2_Keyart_RedPrince.jpg (1.78 MB, 1407x2000)
1.78 MB
1.78 MB JPG
>>1203472
>Larian doesn't have any of that cuck shit
>>
>>1199933
Isn't it the fact that she'll have children with the farmer but not the MC what irks people?
>>
>>1203493
Yes, and you have to fuck up literally every part of her questline for her to have that ending. the Ruskies makes the open relationship between the two mutts a trashfire, in one ending you can cuck a half orc so hard he dies alone, drunk in a shed outside the kingdom.
>>
File: 1585957084381.png (114 KB, 400x300)
114 KB
114 KB PNG
>>1198976
Both are cringe RtwP garbage.
>>
>>1203480
>Playing as a woman
Serves you right.
>>
>>1203516
Is the frog supposed to symbolize the fact that you're making an "i'm only pretending to be retarded" post to keep the thread alive?
>>
>>1203529
Why are you replying to me with this garbage?
>>
>>1203536
ironic
>>
>>1203537
No, seriously, why would you post some completely off-topic schizo reply like that?
>>
>>1203540
i wasn't the one who replied to you but i'll bite. divinity 2 is completely, turn based, not real time. even pathfinder has a turn based option. how did you think anyone would take your post as you not being retarded?
>>
>>1203550
Ooh I see. For some reason I thought that was Pillars of Eternity 2 on there.

My mistake.

However, Pathfinder is still RtwP garbage because they hacked in a turn based mode. The game is DESIGNED for RtwP thus it is RtwP cringe garbage.
>>
>>1203558
you could argue that but in my opinion kingmaker is 10x better in turn based, shit like positioning fireballs and classes with shitton of micromanagement like kineticist and magus are actually playable now. for boss fights it's actually TOO easy
>hacked in a turn based mode
holy shit this, they used the turn based mod author's code(who is a taiwanese girl) and somehow the mod is still smoother
>>
>>1203575
yeah I definitely agree. The game plays a lot better in turn based, but like you said some aspects are broken because it wasn't designed for turn based from the start so it ends up being too easy in some aspects. still much preferable to rtwp though.
>>
>>1202638
Somehow BG3 really turned me off despite loving DOS2, I blame it on the brain worms and approval/disapproval system
>>
>>1199610
I have over 500hrs in divinity. The campaign alone will take you about 60-100hrs to complete. Replayed it like 3 times + some online play.
>>
>>1203493
yes, because they're retarded and don't see the difference between life as a warrior queen and life as some random lady on a farm. ending is pretty clear that both of you are in no rush, it's not like she's just turning you down.
>>
>>1202472
>Imagine actually wanting RTWP.
Hey having two options is better then one no?
>Imagine not wanting a proper POV option for a character.
Not an RPG then.
>Imagine wanting more shallow choices.
Larian cannot write good companions, Having 2/6 companions be gimmick companions, BG3 companions being 2d assholes and inclusion of the Lone Wolf as a viable build option shows they don't even think they can write good companions.
>>
>>1202504
Filtered.
>>
>>1203616
Sven pls go.
>>
>>1202504
>ganked
barbarians can't get flanked, they have uncanny dodge
>>
File: 1598220246355.jpg (110 KB, 640x878)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>>1198976
Pathfinder is better if you like build porn and want a more serious setting. Divinity if you're mainly playing for the story and don't care about some silliness, immersion breaking shit.

Personally I prefer Pathfinder. Even though Divinity is a technically better game in every respect. The writing and setting is just so corny and stupid that I can not get invested in it.
>>
>>1204095
Some of the side quests in divinity were extremely well written, like the Doctor quest on reaper's coast with the girl in his basement or the Lohar Quests also in reaper's coast.
>>
>>1204095
>Even though Divinity is a technically better game in every respect.
Divinity have a terrible colour-correction and contrasts
>>
>>1204095
I wouldn't recommend divinity for the story honestly, it's solid and has some good/great stuff for the first half, but kind of just drags and isn't very compelling as it goes on, a lot of stuff ends in pretty nonsense ways. It's fun if you want an RPG with a bit more freeform combat, and less emphasis on planning out builds.
>>
>>1202119
Technically there are quiet a few considering how many Hentai RPGmaker games there are with voice acting.
>>
>>1204095
Kingmaker appeals to a social retard like me by not constantly reminding me that the game is more fun with a friend desu
>>
>>1204450
Totally a fair point
>Spending minutes at a time playing rock paper scissors with myself in DOS1
Feelsbadman
>>
>>1198976
Pathfinder reeks of everything that was bad with old rpgs, too
>many fights
>difficulty spikes, that doesent even make sence and most of all the >character development are super railroaded to the point that you actually need a guide to even been able to start companions mission
>Dont you there even try to turn out of the right way or you will fuck up your romance/friendship oprion
>The actuall good part like ruling your own kingdom is incredibly shallow
>Still gamebreaking bugs in the game
I think DOS2 is a better game in every way.
>>
>>1199416
>Good writing in Pathfinder
>Meh meh im bad bc i got cucked by trikster gods and now i will send random animals from my world to you
How is this a good writing?
>>
>>1203472
Imagine being such cuck you self insert as an npc to get your rocks off.
>>
>>1204527
What?
>>
>>1199946
>It's a shame they seem to be putting so much focus on romances
Then go play some obsidian shit with no romaces at all. Romance option ingame actually makes the game better. Thats something we learn from japs
>>
>>1200831
>Terrible scaling
U mad bro?
>>
File: 1606795037955.png (108 KB, 491x319)
108 KB
108 KB PNG
>>1204536
>Romance option ingame actually makes the game better.
Optional romances are a detriment and shallow.
>>
>>1203480
Cuck queens are not real cucks
>>
>>1204531
>fairy waifu plot is bad
>>
>>1204545
So what? People sont care 'bout it, i didnt care 'bot it in DOS 2 bc i grow to like Lohse and when we had sex it was fucking good. Even fucking fairy romance in Pathfinder is good as you get to know the villian and then fuck her.
In OW i actually liked Ellie but there was no option to fuck her and i felt bad and never finished the game.
>>
>>1204545
>t. Sawyer
>>
>>1204536
I don't know why you got the idea that I dislike romances from that. I like them, I much prefer RPGs with them than without, but I don't think larian handles them well, and their marketing stuff related to them so far just supports that. It feels like they're focusing too much on appealing to horny internet people rather than on writing a compelling relationship, and that's not what I'm looking for in that sort of plot.

>>1204543
No?
>>
>>1202638
Weird. I quite enjoyed BG3's early access content despite having zero fun with D:OS.
>>
I still have red princes sex scene imprinted on my head, especially the
>with arms that could CRUSH BOULDERS
Part
>>
File: 1606995714476.png (1.27 MB, 714x720)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB PNG
>>1204545
Love interests are standard and desirable across all forms of entertainment media.

Your jadedness and disappointment with the games industry is poisoning your view of reality.
>>
File: 1590762428539.webm (2.86 MB, 400x926)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB WEBM
Two words:

>Lizard
>Ass
>>
>>1205811
Disgusting proportions
>>
>>1205811
>people unironically would fuck this
>>
>>1198976
Kingmaker is filth for 3E chimpanzees. If you like it you are not a real person, if you lift your hand up in front of your monitor you will see you are partially transparent. You are imagining it when other people look at or speak to you.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.