[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Any more news about this doa yet? I know it's chinkflu and all but it's been months since Mitsoda and Cara got out.
>>
vvvvaporware
>>
I think they legitimately had to halt production on it completely, and at this point they have no choice but to shut up and wait until they have anything at all to show.
It's been said they burned through all the employees that actually knew what they were doing, and they're left with hiring absolutely anyone regardless of ability. I think they've dumped enough money into it they can't NOT release it, but I also don't see it coming out this year.
>>
I think it's entirely possible it just wont be released at this point.
>>
>>1198735
I think they have invested too much time and effort to back away now. They even hired some irrelevant Asscreed guy to patch this as quickly as possible for release.
>>
It's gonna be half the game Vampyr was.
>>
>>1200430
it hurts to even read that. but this is the truth
>>
>make a sequel to a game that is notoriously broken
>end up not even being able to release it
Would be funny. But damn I just want another game that uses WoD/VTM. At this point I might just see if I can find people to play the pnp game with. But the pnp game apparently has plenty of its own issues.
>>
probably gonna be another lazy AAA money grab
>>
>>1200752
>AAA
lmao
>>
>>1200430
I really wanted to like Vampyr, but I couldn't do it.
>>
>>1200847
I liked the aesthetic of the game. Plague ridden london during that time period was kino.
>>
>>1200850
The aesthetic was great. The problem was everything else.
>>
File: rudi.jpg (92 KB, 1024x614)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>1200747
This is the current state of WoD so I'm content to just let it go.
>>
Cold Take: Fans would be able to make a better game than whichever brain dead pandering company is working on this game.
>>
>>1198513
You do know Brian's position went to the lead narrative designer of Mass Effect: Andromeda, right? Who just so conveniently happens to be a transitioning tranny.

Samantha Wallschlaeger, and ever since HardSuitLabs hired this abomination, mass refunds for the game initiated all over the world and the company itself was shit on for this retarded decision.

At this point, even if the game comes out, don't even expect it to be half decent. Might as well expect the game doesn't exist.
>>
>>1200958
It's such a shame to see something get ruined like this.
>>
>>1200974
It's such a shame, really.
After the announcement trailer I didn't expect anything amazing, I thought the game will be a bit of technical mess but if the gameplay is at least of the level of the first Bloodlines and the writing good enough I would've enjoyed it still. It is a criminally underused setting.

But it looks like we won't even get a "broken but ultimately fun" game if we even get one.
>>
>>1200862
I don't know how much you have to use from pnp game lore or whatever though. If the rules are still good (though that's another problem I've heard about), whatever retarded characters or whatever the people making the game made you shouldn't have to use them.
>>
>>1201788
They could always incorporate that type of shit into the plot.
>>
>>1200862
Mitsoda and Cara were the main proponents of that shit in the new game tho, so it might be a good thing they got canned but who knows
>>
>>1200958
>went to the lead narrative designer of Mass Effect: Andromeda
>Who just so conveniently happens to be a transitioning tranny.
to be fair, I would get mental health issues as well if I put out such a shit story like ME:A had
>>
>>1202076
Cara was an RPS game "journalist" and one of the key individuals in that sites downfall. It's absolutely a good thing she fucked off. In theory. In reality it ultimately makes no difference.
>>
there is simply no hope for this fucking game
it's all built around being a thinblood and bloodlines not being important.
>>
>>1203098
Modders will have to fix it like they did for the first one. Just for different reasons. I do not expect massive bugs/glitches due to rushed release this time.
>>
>>1203384
You can fix bugs. You can't overhaul the game to make it good. Maybe if a game has mod tools you may be able to but it's still a lot harder and people still haven't turned Skyrim into a great RPG despite having in depth mod tools.
>>
>>1198513
Bloodlines is such a curse, the first game had many problems and was released when half life fucking 2 came out and no one cared until some time later in the future. Now the second game looked barely functional and an OG dev literally got fired, even the sjw cunt cara left. I really wonder how shits gonna go.
>>
>>1203573
I think Valve is partially to blame for Bloodlines being so broken. Not that there weren't plenty of other problems with the game but from what I understand Valve gave them essentially a beta version of the engine because they didn't want a game on the same engine showing off what it could do to come out before HL2. I actually remember Xplay reviewing Bloodlines when it came out and I think they gave it a decent score despite how broken it was.
>>
>>1203573
I cared. I didn't give a shit about Halflife 2 because I was too busy enjoying Bloodlines.
>>
I'm curious if there'll be anything redeeming this game. Surely there must be tiny slithers of what made VTMB1 great, even if they are scarce.
>>
File: mfw.png (89 KB, 192x230)
89 KB
89 KB PNG
>>1200862
>>
>>1203810
Well, Shaffer is back so maybe the soundtrack?
>>
>>1204630
who was also suposed to work as audio engineer and oddly enough they are looking for new one
>>
>>1204823
Welp.
I'm at the point where I just want to see exactly how much they fucked up.
>>
>>1205009
small consolation but his work as composer is still in probably
>>
>>1200958
>Who just so conveniently happens to be a transitioning tranny.

MTF or FTM, also why the fuck do CEOs hire these fucking people
>>
>>1198513
it's going to suck.
>>
There's an open call for a lead designer on their web site which says it all. No one working at the company is qualified for the position, and no one qualified wants it.
>>1205225
As far as I can tell she's not trans, just a former fat woman who decided to go butch lesbian. And it's a combination of hiring the only people willing to apply for a job that pays much less than average and being based in Seattle where all the affluent people want to show off how inclusive they are.
>>
>>1205320
what was paradox thinking bro?
kickstarting all of this PR campaign and ARG were amazing

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.