[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

The game was probably a commercial failure. It’s also one of those rare instances where the anime inspired by the game gets more popular. I loved the fuck out of this game while also knowing how generic it really was though, and nobody can deny that it had the best boss battle theme of any video game. Ever. They had the fucking guy from Deep Purple.
>>
>>1197178
They should have put DBZ in the advertising, probably world have boosted sales more.
>>
>>1197181
Tbh, they chose Akira toriyama specifically for that reason.
>>
>>1197205
No I mean slapping Goku and Slimes all over the cover and advertising.
>>
>>1197225
Then Bandai Namco would be up in arms about it. Lawsuits up the ass.
>>
>>1197178
i fapped to the dragon
>>
>>1197618
>>
>>1197178
I mean it's basically a dragon quest game in all but name.
>>
>>1197178
I blame that little shit Marumaro. God, what an annoying character.
>>
>>1197178
I love Sahlia!
>>
>>1199176
Yeah Mistwalker was running around for a bit trying to undermine Square Enix. Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey were Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy respectively with the serial numbers filed off. It's a shame they didn't work because Lost Odyssey at least made a better FFXIII than the actual FFXIII.
>>
>>1197178
The game was high budget but it had a distinct flavour of a bargain bin game. I can't really explain it but it just didn't have that it factor.
>>
>>1199973
I refuse to believe it had a high budget. It was as generic of an rpg as it could get, and on the Xbox 360 that’s something to say. It even spanned multiple discs. It had a certain charm though nothing special. I wouldn’t even give it the generosity of being a dragon quest clone as I see others do here. That makes no sense either.

Lost Odyssey was good though.
>>
>>1200163
The visuals, effects, music, voice acting, all of it was pretty damn good when it came out so it was not a low budget game, granted it wasn't a AAA title but that in no way means it was low budget.
DQ is far more polished than BD was. That's part the reason it felt so bargain bin because it didn't have that last layer of finesse imo. Decent game but something was lacking.
>>
Has anyone played the DS title, how was it, is it worth a play? Is there a way to play the original without having a Xbone360?
>>
>>1201756
Honestly, I downloaded it on the Xbox store back when I played on the 360. Finding a physical copy is pretty hard, not to mention the bare bones copy without the patches or free dlc is not a great copy altogether (ya need the free dlc to get the new game plus).
>>
>>1201865
That sucks, I'd really like to play it again, it's been so long.
>>
Eternity is one of the worst songs Uematsu's ever made. The washed up Deep Purple guy is noticeable phoning in a shit performance where his voice cracks as he recites the shitty English lyrics awkwardly. Also, I remember the game being extremely slow. Oh, and the DLC gets corrupted every single time you disconnect from the internet, meaning you have to redownload it.
>>
>>1202061
It's cringey but also kind of endearing in it's awfulness. I like it.
>>
>>1202061
>Oh, and the DLC gets corrupted every single time you disconnect from the internet, meaning you have to redownload it.
I've never had this issue...
>>
>>1197178
SHOWING YOU WHAT CHICKEN SEE
>>
>>1202128
I own the physical version of the game and have the second iteration of the 360 without wireless internet. DLC works just fine when you're connected, or if you disconnect while playing the game. Restart the game without being connected and it gets corrupted.
>>
>>1197181
>They should have put DBZ in the advertising

You mean this isn't DBZ?

>Goku
>Bulma
>Lunch
>Monaka
>Gohan
>Videl
>>
File: ER6Hb9ZWkAAVP_E.jpg (29 KB, 455x285)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>1197178
If this game was called Dragon Quest every would say great it was prove me wrong

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.