[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Seisen_no_Keifu.jpg (28 KB, 235x424)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
How do 'no man left behind' players handle FE4? In the GBA games it's really no big deal to restart a chapter when someone falls, but in 4 you can be like a fucking hour into a map, make one mistake and you're fucked. I'm almost tempted to ironman this out of convenience
>>
>>9603143
I always quicksave after taking a castle. Its neat that each map is an entire kingdom but its dumb playing through what would, in the later games, be 4 or 5 different levels all in one go.
>>
>restarting when the game literally becomes your own experience based on your own skill, mistakes and misfortune
>basically wanting your story to be some boring shit where no sacrifices were made and everyone is a Mary Sue
I don't get people like that. 4 making it harder to scum and generally being more mature is literally why it's the only very decent FE
>>
>>9603256
Nintendo fans are autistic that's unironically why
>>
>>9603256
>Harder to scum
You can save any turn
>>
>>9603143
The old fire emblem games flood you with units for a reason. Restarting on losing one or two soldiers was always stupid.

It only makes sense in the new games where you can fuck everyone because the devs realized that 9/10 of the players play that way and began catering to them, so there are far fewer units provided to the player.
>>
>>9603256
4's only problem is that you can't trade items between units directly. Having to sell an item to a shop then have another character go there and buy it is unjustifiable.
>>
I'm playing through 1 right now. Tried to do a "no death" run by stopped after map 10 cause it was too much of a pain. It unironically made the game much harder and longer.
>>
>>9603784
Are you not able to prepare and switch items before fights? Haven't 3, 4, and 5 are the only titles I've yet to play.
>>
File: FmZf4igWQAAWstp.jpg (470 KB, 1600x1138)
470 KB
470 KB JPG
>>9603178
Though when it's neat, it's neat.
>>
>>9604830
no, the only way to move items between characters is to sell them to the pawn shop and then have the other character buy it for double the sell value; also each character has their own personal money balance and money can only be exchanged by spouses or by thieves to anyone.
>>
>>9605230
hey now there's one other way to transfer items, you just have to plan ahead for the inheritance at the halfway point
>>
>>9603256
>t. Kaga
>>
>>9605230
What shader & parameters do you use?
>>
>>9605842
Mega bezel
HSM_VIEWPORT_ZOOM = "115.000000"
HSM_CURVATURE_2D_SCALE_LONG_AXIS = "10.000000"
HSM_CURVATURE_2D_SCALE_SHORT_AXIS = "10.000000"
HSM_INTRO_WHEN_TO_SHOW = "0.000000"
HSM_DEDITHER_MODE = "5.000000"

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.