[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: NES_Super_Mario_Bros.png (20 KB, 220x192)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
Why didn't SMB have RNG elements? Wouldn't be difficult to implement and would have made it way harder with randomized enemy movement.
>>
>>9602141
RNG in 80s platformers, especially the ones with limited continues, would make kids want to kill themselves
>>
>>9602141
it does
>>
>>9602160
Where?
>>
It's not real randomness but the fireworks at the end of a level are meant to feel that way.
>>
>>9602182
Hammer Bros., Blooper, Bowser
>>
>>9602182
On those pudding pops.
>>
>>9602141
Wow why don't you write a letter to Shigeru Miyamoto and let him know what a fucking idiot with no foresight he was? So glad we had some auters like you to come around and set us straight with your wisdom.
>>
>>9602182
Lakitu, although it's bugged
>>
>>9602157
>would make kids want to kill themselves
this, I was 4 when I first played that game and I kept running into the 1st goomba. now imagine the goomba but le random moves! i I would've tied that controller cord around my neck
>>
File: sup.jpg (65 KB, 386x500)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>9602928
I like how something as simple as just asking a hypothetical question can send a nintendie into a rage like this.
>>
>>9602141
Mario 2 made the game harder in a clever way without having to resort to simple AI tricks.
>>
>>9602141
rng might as well be the central mechanic of the game with the flying koi, lakitu, hammerbros, and hammer bowser

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.