[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

2d fighters are bad and irrelevant, in the other hand, 3d fighters have revolutionized the fighting genre.
I dont even know why people still play 2d fighting games
>>
>>9440161
>competitive
vf was huge in japan and had championship almost every time, 3d fighters have good gamplay compared to 2d fighters
>>
>>9440154
The only 3D fighting game that is still played today is Tekken. Otherwise the genre is dead, all other fighting games released recently are 2D.
>>
Nobody plays 3D fighters cause they suck
>>
>>9440171
not really, people still play vf and tekken and others, and there is still alot of 3d fighters being released
>>
>>9440186
they suck so much street fighter and mk and others went 3d
>>
>>9440212
And now they returned to 2D and are much more successful than when they were 3D
>>
>>9440215
and tekken and vf are still played today and is more popular than 2d fighters, vf is super popular in japan and tekken is super popular in europe and us
>>
>>9440224
Tekken and Virtua Fighter are not more popular than Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat
>>
Smash is still number one
>>
>>9440224
VF is barely remembered and played.
>>9440226
>Mortal Kombat
LMAO, people only play these for storyline cutscenes and drop soon after completing the story mode, but this is still stupid because Youtube exists.
>>
>>9440248
Not a fighting game
>>
Bait thread
>>
>>9440249
Normies love Mortal Kombat, it's the only fighter American and manly enough for them. They consider Street Fighter nerdy.
>>
this thread was made in the 90s
>>
>>9440154
last blade 2? samurai shodown early games? however, i only mention them as standing out, i actually don't like any fighting games.
>>
>>9440226
MK is irrelevant in competitive scenes.
>>
>WHY DO PEOPLE PLAY GAMES I DON'T LIKE
why do retards post stupid threads like this
>>
>>9440171
No, Japanese arcade are filled with over-the-shoulder 3D fighting games like the Gundam Extreme Vs games or School of Ragnarok. The Gundam ones, in particular, have a huge scene in Japan (School of Ragnarok absolutely did for a few years when it was new, too).

Americans just have no idea these games exist for obvious reasons.
>>
>>9440154
>I dont even know why people still play 2d fighting games
Same reason we play other 2D games... Excellent pixel art and animation, great music, and (generally) quality gameplay. I will say some of them are kind of unbalanced it places, but that's just fighting games in general I think.
>>
>>9440154
Only 3D fighter I've really tried is Soul Calibur and I dropped it pretty quickly because of the giant movelists. In the 2D games I've played the movelists are pretty easy to learn, every character has like 6-10 specials, a handful of command normals, a throw and then every other move is just button A standing, crouching and mid-air, button B standing, crouching and mid-air, etc...
In SoulCal it seemed like every character had like 80 pre-built combo strings and command normals and fuck trying to remember all that shit, honestly. I heard Tekken is even worse. Are all/most 3D fighters like that or is it just a Namco thing?
>>
>>9440257
Realistically what wasn't on this board?
>>
3D shit is disgusting
2D will always be better
>>
>>9440224
>Thread

>>9440226
Impact in Video Game Culture
Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat

Being constantly played
Tekken

bro just look at steam charts

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.