[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I love this game like you wouldn't believe.
>>
>>9438971
Someone else remembers this game! I still remember the stage music. The sword that grows as you kill more demons. I remember when you attack it looks more like you are spinning the sword than swiping it.
>>
>>9439018
An underrated soundtrack if there ever was one.
>>
Yes! I have so many good memories of the 8-bit NES era and this game is among them.

You know stuff was cut out of the US version so why not get the JAP rom and patch it?
https://www.romhacking.net/translations/1419/

Translation Description:
This is a complete translation patch for Fudou Myouou Den for the NES. This game is the Japanese version of Demon Sword, which contains lots more stages, weapons and magic. Plus there’s a cool Buddhist intro/outro.

I remember the music and sound effects being amazing for the NES. Gameplay was good too.

>I’m phone posting but will edit if this doesn’t format correctly
>>
The girl he rescues at the end is Pocky from Pocky and Rocky too! You don't find that out unless you play the Japanese version and see the ending cut scene.
>>
>>9439046
>>
File: Ending.jpg (346 KB, 1042x910)
346 KB
346 KB JPG
>>9439046
I loved those cool endings where you beat the bad guy and get the girl.
It's been almost 30 years since I've played it but gimme a few minutes with the JP rom and translation patch.
>>
>>9438971
This was one game that I forgot (or rather didn't know) the name for a very long time. Only remembered the music until some anon posted it in a "can't remember" thread. I always thought it was "Legend of Kage 2", probably since I played the Taiwanese bootleg of the Japanese version. In retrospect it wasn't really particularly groundbreaking in terms of gameplay but the music did stick.
>>
>>9439136
Well it was considered "Legend of Kage 2" until the actual Legend of Kage 2 released on the DS.
>>
i have been having a go through a fuckton of NES games and somehow missed this one, looks interesting to say the least, gonna check it out, thanks anon!
>>
>>9439136
It's a spiritual sequel.
>>
Looks cool but it's filtering me so far, any protip?

>>9439326
Me too, I'll be trying this game out. What have you been planning? I was going through NES/Famicom games and beat around 200 and played some more I haven't beaten but I took a break from it

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.