[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Rock MM1.png (383 KB, 980x965)
383 KB
383 KB PNG
How come he's instant killed when he touches spikes or Spike balls?
>>
Easily recognised dangerous obstacle that's easy to draw on limited hardware.
>>
>>9438813
maybe he gets shorted
>>
Jump barefoot onto a rusty nail on the basement staircase and you'll get why.
>>
>>9438986
Yeah i would do that if my feet were constructed from a powerful alloy.
>>
>>9439000
>if my feet were constructed from a powerful alloy
Then you'll jump on Dr. Wily-brand anti-powerful-alloy spikes to compensate.
>>
>>9438813
His armor is excellent against energy attacks but works like shit against sharp objects or crushing damage. He's made of cheap aluminium.
>>
File: 1636400427460.gif (2.85 MB, 250x250)
2.85 MB
2.85 MB GIF
>>9438813
MAYBE HE IS VERY HEAVY AND THE SPIKES IMPALE HIM
>>
>>9438813
That is like asking why you take damage from simply touching enemies. You could also ask how an E-tank repairs physical damage taken.

They are games op. Spikes represent instant death in a lot of games. Do you wonder why most npc houses don't have toilets, what is pushing you during an autoscroll level, and why Sonic and Mario die to stage timers?
>>
>>9438813
They break his body apart. If Wily was smart he'd booby trap a robot master's lair with spikes.
>>
>>9439303
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcHR3HizRTA
>>
>>9439303
Or Bowser should make a level boss a Chain Chomp, Thwomp, or any enemy that is invincible to jumping and not supply Mario with power ups in the boss room.
>>
Because spikes are really pointy and spikey, ouch!
>>
>>9438986
>step on a nail
i was playing in the forest by my house in sandals and I stepped on a piece of wood with a nail sticking straight up. the board stuck to my foot. i had to pull the board off. let me fucking tell you I could have had 4 full fucking e tanks ain’t nothing can save you from that shit. I disintegrated into several energy balls immediately. literally
>>
>>9439482
dont make up stories it's not funny. my dad died from touching a spike.
>>
Why doesn't Needle Man flat out kill him in an instant?
>>
>>9439660
He's needle man, not spike man
>>
>>9439679
Unless it's the American Battle Network version which WAS called SpikeMan.EXE.
>>
>>9439151
>Spikes represent instant death in a lot of games.

Which ones, can you name it? I would like to make an ultimate list of games that have insta-death spikes.

I can only remember Little Nemo, which is, coincidentally, also made by Capcom.
>>
>>9439151
>what is pushing you during an autoscroll level

There are obviously a bunch of enemy characters right off screen that kep pushing it.
Easy.
>>
>>9439897
Because apparently, someone in localization thought "needle" was a synonym for drug abuse.
>>
>>9439151
>why Sonic and Mario die to stage timers?
Natural causes
>>
>>9440234
Castlevania is another one
>>
File: file.png (1.18 MB, 1074x934)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB PNG
>meanwhile X eats energy he finds floating in a fucking sewer
>>
here's a real thinker. sonic and mario both also die to spikes ( spiketop and spiny for mario ). but mario can spin jump on spikes and not be hurt. when mario or sonic gets their invincibility power ups they can both stand on spikes without getting hurt. mario, sonic, and megaman (mm2 heatman stage) also all die to lava, but invincible sonic can stand on lava while invincible mario cannot. in megaman x in flame mammoths stage you can survive being in the lava... but even x insta dies to spikes. dr light saw the failings of mega and built x more durable, but spikes are too powerful for even the worlds top scientists. you might be thinking if only we taught robots to spin jump they could survive, but im mm3 megaman learns top spin and it is still useless against spikes. zero and zx series spikes are still an instant death. by the year 22XX no man or reploid has been able to walk on spikes. spikes are the ultimate weapon and its not even close... but a theoretical lava spikes... well lets just say not even a full mushroom powered megasonimarioman couldn't survive that.
>>
>>9438813
throw your computer onto a bed of nails and you'll see why
>>
>>9440234
Buster's Hidden Treasure.
But only the long spikes. The short ones count as a hit.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1.07 MB, 1445x847)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB PNG
>>9441159
>dr light saw the failings of mega and built x more durable, but spikes are too powerful for even the worlds top scientists
Dr. Light made special boots twice though for X. Also there's a one time use item to survive spike damage in MM&B, 9, and 10, as well as in X8.
>>
File: 1668390531070599.jpg (34 KB, 601x601)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>9439482
>>
>>9441672
If he designed both of these armors hundreds of years before the first x game why didn't he just make these boots the default?
>>
>>9438813
I used to tell me siblings that he had allergies to spikes
>>
>>9441008
Its not like he is going to catch botulism he is a fucking robot
>>
>>9441742
Better to have limited mobility in favor of defense be an option rather than the standard I guess.
>>
Spikes may technically be able to penetrate his armor and destroy his power supply or crucial wiring components. That is why they represent instant death. However, that doesn't explain dying by walking very slowly and grazing the tip of a spike with part of your foot or touching the side of a long spike instead of the point.

I wish they would make a MegaMan game where your armor looked more damage the more hits you took. The health meter for robots only makes sense in representing how much energy you have left to expend.

Imagine the butthurt if you had to beat a Mega Man X stage taking max of 10 hits. Upgraded to 30 when you collect all the armor capsules. Your health meter now represents your buster energy and depletes 1 point for every 1 Mega Buster shot or every 5 pellet shots. Refillable by enemy drops along the way of course, but armor is a one time deal for each stage.
>>
>>9440786
Well, someone also thought during localization that Rock, being a synonym for cocaine, is a no-go.
>>
>>9438813
They were too smooth to pull and pointy. So they would, like, poke your feet if you didn't get it 'just right.
>>
>>9438813
He doesn't hate spikes, quite the contrary, he is more than willing to embrace them, yet they tend to be very sensitive when outsiders breaches their territory...
>>
>>9442056
>breaches
*breach
>>
>>9441843
>I wish they would make a MegaMan game where your armor looked more damage the more hits you took

Save that for a Roll spin-off.
>>
>>9439317
Jesus Christ. I was 21 when I first saw this.
>>
>>9441159
I fucking hate that Mario Maker 1 and 2 didn't let you spin jump on spikes or spikey enemies. Go fuck yourself, director.
>>
File: file.png (208 KB, 448x327)
208 KB
208 KB PNG
>>9441764
>bot-ulism
Are you sure
>>
>>9442121
I was more than double that. How many billions of minutes has youtube wasted?
>>
>>9441672
The Gaea armor looks so incredibly cool. Just too bad its in a shit game rather than the good ones.
>>
>>9439317
Back when people actually took the Cataclysm meme seriously before Inafaggot ruined everything.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.