[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>9276220
i dont understand this ad at all
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>9276390
wtf?
why did they include a guide for a previous gen game that came out in 1999 in a 2002 issue?
>>
>>
>>
>>9276103
Damn, that's some sick Raimi Spidey artwork, takes me back.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
More later.
>>
>>9276127
>lower left
Some sort of disturbing parody of Link, the sort of thing Nintendo Power has sworn they refuse to talk about or show... but nah, must just be the artist's style!
>>
>>9276479
I have no fucking clue, either, but I first subscribed and got the March 2002 issue (SA2B cover) and remember thinking the same thing as you, here. In fact, I have been looking for this exact article for years now, as I remember it distinctly. Based OP.
>>
>>9276115
>Beautiful Bond Girls

I mean the ones on the facing page look good, but...
>>
>>9276130

I love Jason's tactic of strengthening his letter by ending it with "It's a good point!"
>>
>>9276136

I would have given Art of the Month to either extra-scary Mewtwo or pointillistic Link.
>>
>>9276140

Wait why is this the first appearance of GameCube Resident Evil? OH they say it above: They get games early. And for some reason they still haven't reinstated a voting system for readers to use here, so they just pick the best games themselves every month. Weird.
>>
>>9276148
>Recently, Majesco announced that it was changing its name to Argon Interactive.
>Bloody Rayne

The word "argon" does not appear on their Wikipedia page. They seem to be called Majesco today.
>>
>>9276479
NP randomly went back and covered older games somtimes. I recall them randomly going back and covering Super Metroid again three years after it came out.
>>
>>9278258
Once FutureUS takes over NP, they'll add Playback which spotlights an older game for a page. It'll last all the way to the book's end
>>
>>9276272

I don't like this mixture of small strategy guides with cheat code segments
>>
>>9278386
It also ends with them taking it over, incidentally. Those Justin Wong and Chris whateverhisname faggots might be literally retarded.
>>
>>9276338
>>9276361

I like that they found some Japanese people to talk to other than the few we've heard of already.
>>
>>9276386
>The Bouncer

Somehow there's a Square game I hadn't heard of before??

Ahh, dour pantsless Cecil, you've been revived for some reason.
>>
>>9280170
Yeah. An early PS2 game. There are threads about it on here every once in a while.
>>
>>9280170
>Ahh, dour pantsless Cecil, you've been revived for some reason.
Likely had literally nothing for FFIV but NP's old interpretive sketches from way, way back, since they use proper game art of Crono on the same page.
>>
>>9276392
Elli, you have to eat all the eggs.
>>
>>9276384
>To be accurate, Square itself will not be developing titles--
>>9276402
>Square! Square! Has there been bigger news in the RPG world recently? We can't think of any.

Well... there was that little matter of
>>9276386
>four new Final Fantasy Games, a sequel to Chrono Trigger
>>
>>9276402
Isn't this Evergrace 2?
>>
>>9276428
scary face
>>
>>9276431
>Another great thing about Dennis's team is the way he sent it in.

Subtext: "Please quit sending us such exasperating messes, you lazy bastards"
>>
>>9276436
>Unfortunately, Pocket Music isn't compatible with GBA.

I thought all GBC games were?
>>
>>9276448
>development!hhh
>>
>>9276475

It's annoying that this section doesn't name the games' developers.
>>
Is Knight of Lodis good?
>>
>>9283568
Play it and find out for yourself
>>
>>9276169
>>9276176
ouch, those (comparatively) low sales levels for Mario 2 and Yoshi's Island are really shocking to me, especially the former.
>>9276379
>even when you're not playing it, you're playing it
jesus what a mouthful of a slogan, no wonder the gamecube never really caught on, the advertising for this was abysmal.
>>9276434
I wonder what the reaction to these were back then, I bet it would have been a bit disappointing that out of the three revealed pokemon, only one was truly interesting (duskull) after so much waiting.
>>9276456
gotta hand it to melee, it really did provide a "killer app" that the gamecube desperately needed. I don't think any other game from it has nearly as much of a huge fanbase to this day.
>>9276529
This looks strange, anime wrestling russian chess? Might emulate it just to see how it is.
>>9276568
I love this ad so much, the internet is sorely lacking fun interfaces like this these days.
>>
>>9276471
>Golden Sun best in-game dialogue
Well, it's definitely "most" dialogue, I don't know about best, lol
>>
>>9287809
It has a lot of yes/no questions, that apparently makes it good.
>>
File: 94c.png (46 KB, 1200x1314)
46 KB
46 KB PNG
>>9276464
>Best voice acting
>Runner up: Luigi's Mansion
I mean it's not wrong but we're being charitable with what we considering voice acting.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.