[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1659796841428437s.jpg (14 KB, 250x247)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
Is this the best way to play Castlevania 1?
>>
Yes. Imagine seeking a Metroid X68k or SA-1/DSP-3 remake.
>>
Overdesigned and castlevania always remake these stages, so it was also pointless.
>>
>>9152758
wat?
>>
>>9152758
DarkSydePhil?
>>
>>9152752
No, other than a couple of stages it's completely different from CV1. The same way as SCV4 is different from CV1 while also being its "remake".
>>
>>9152752
I just realized this is that game's sequel and not just a random remake.
>>
Castlevania Chronicles is not "Castlevania 1".
>>
>>9152938
what the fuck
>>
I like the design
>>
>>9152752
No, it's a different game altogether. It's good though, play both.
>>
>>9152758
Did you just have a stroke?
>>
At a 120% framerate.
>>
>>9152784
>>9152790
>>9153015
Newfag or zoomerfag?
>>
completely different game
>>
>>9152752
Absolutely
>>
>>9152752
That's not castlevania 1. It's a remake of the x68k version that runs at the wrong speed.
>>
>>9154370
And the wrong resolution. And with fucked-up hitboxes.
>>
>>9152752
is that a girl?
>>
>>9152752
No, that's fucking stupid. The best way to play Castlevania 1 is to play Castlevania 1. Fucking zoomer idiot trash.
>>
>>9154446
Nope.
>>
>>9152752
Having only recently tried this out I did not think it held a fucking candle to the original.
>>
>>9152752
It's not Castlevania 1.
It's also a terrible port.
>>
>>9154446
It's supposed to be Simon
>>
>>9152752
This cover is much better than the american box art for Symphony, in fact, I'm nostalgic for it despite having only played the game itself for the first time just 2 or 3 years ago.
Being a macaco, back when I bought my PS1 I got to choose 10 (pirated) games along with it and this art caught my eye, other than it looking pretty badass I also ended up recognizing the name, I knew I had briefly played and enjoyed both CV 4 and CV 64 years prior, despite not remembering their exact names.
Turns out, the CD actually contained SotN with the infamous brazilian portuguese "translation"; not only did its bizarre grammar and inability of displaying certain characters added to the enjoyment of the game, the hack also made it easier for my younger brother and I to understand the plot, and it has since become one of our favorite games ever
Looking back, I did well with my "cover judging" abilities, among the other games I got with that haul were Metal Slug 1, Street Fighter _Zero_ 3 (Akuma is still Gouki to me lol), Vigilante 8: 2nd Offense and The Lost World: Jurassic Park (overlooked little game)
>>
>>9152752
It's not even the best way to play the game that it is. Why would it be the best way to play a game that it isn't?
>>
>>9152752
Remakes can be good and even better than their originals, but they can't replace them because they're usually so fundamentally different.
Yes, I like Chronicles more than CV1 (even though it's a bugged port of the X68 release).
I also like Super IV and Vampire Killer more than CV1, but they're'nt replacing it because they provide a completely different experience.
Even the "Improved Controls" hack by NaOH is not the same game anymore, because you approach it with an entirely different mentality.
You think Chronicles is great remake and a superior game? Well that's fine, but it'sn't CV1.
>>
>>9152938
Holy shit.
>>
dunno but castlevania bloodlines is fucking garbage
>>
>>9155791
Nobody was talking about SOTN
>>
File: stage 7.png (57 KB, 637x440)
57 KB
57 KB PNG
>>9152752
love the stage 7: first is a dungeon, later is a execution zone, later a laboratory and finally a hell art gallery.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.