[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

>there are people in this thread right now who are not playing the NES port of Final Fantasy 3
Please explain.
Also, I didn't expect the Shaman sprite to be this cute.
>>
>>9033402
Excuse me sir, but apparently you didn't read my post properly: what I'm referring to as "Final Fantasy 3" is the japanese NES version of Final Fatnasy 3. I bet you're thinking about the SNES Final Fantasy 3 in the US, also known as Final Fantasy 6 in Japan.
>>
>>9033407
Then why the fuck do you call it "port"
>>
>>9033427
Because I've just woken up
>>
>>9033442
>Because I've just woken up
Maybe you mean it's a port because FF3J was a famicom game and so it's a port from famicom to NES.
>>
>nobody plays at NES games anymore
>>
Because I already played through it twice as a kid. It's better than the remakes but still a very flawed game.
>>
The NES/Famicoml versions of FF and the NES versions of DQ are the bests; every other version compromises gameplay one way or another save perhaps for the PSX versions of FF1 and 2.

SNES versions of DQ2 also gets a pass but it's still not as good as NES version.
>>
File: ff-tips.jpg (83 KB, 357x449)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
I've played FF1 on NES and enjoyed it. I heard I should skip FF2. Are the fan translations of FF3 pretty decent?
>>
>>9033396
>NES port
>port
You're a fucking retard
>>
>>9033897
>I heard I should skip FF2.
you're a fag for not playing games based on what reddit tells you
>>
>>9033897
>I heard I should skip FF2.
You shouldn't, FF2 is very fun, although it's drastically different from both FF1 and FF3.
>>
>>9033952
lol well did you enjoy it?
>>
>>9033396
Top level character names, anon.
>>
>>9033396
Port? Why would you call that a port?
>>
>>9033396
I enjoy playing both the NES version and the remake.
>>
>>9033959
Yes, it's a classic
>>
>>9033897
>I heard I should skip FF2

You heard wrong, it's the best one
>>
>>9034115
>it's the best one
Nope, but it's still good.
>>
>there are people in this thread right now who are not playing the NES port of Final Fantasy 3
When you made this thread you were the only person in it, so you must have been talking about yourself. Explain why you are not playing it.
>>
>>9034129
But I am playing it, anon
>>
>>9033897
Ignore the other three contrarians, FF2 is pretty awful. It's not unplayable, but it's just very awkward and clunky and badly designed in a plethora of ways. The NES version is especially bad because it has absolutely retarded levels of grinding in it.

If you absolutely must play it, play the PSP version.
>>
>>9034181
>NES version is especially bad because it has absolutely retarded levels of grinding in it.

There really isn't, all you need to do is emphasize on shields/agility/evasion; and as far as spells are concerned focus on one or two offensive spells + buffs + one of the many spells that OHKO enemies or equivalent

It can be challenging but that's a good thing. Having some challenge versus none at all is exactly why the NES versions of DQ/FF are the bests.
>>
I dont like sitting alone in a dark room and playing slow games, besides I would rather blow my brains out than touch a game with turd based combat
>>
>>9034181
There's no need to grind you stupid retard. You get enough exp and evasion from fighting regular battles, just wear a fuckin shield. Stop spreading misinfo you pussy
>>
File: clinton thumbs up.gif (3.41 MB, 312x302)
3.41 MB
3.41 MB GIF
>based game
>based character names
>>
>>9033427
Because it was released for the Famicom and people ported it to the NES.
>>
>>9033396
Every RPG that doesn't have ATB is unplayable
>>
>>9034785
It was never ported to the NES
>>
>>9034150
Then you lied. There was no one in the thread at that time not playing it.
>>
>>9034785
I too like the FFV port to SNES

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.