[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: img.jpg (132 KB, 1280x800)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
What are your thoughts on Surface Tension?
>>
https://youtu.be/IpADBNlyYhQ
It allows for the most kino glitch in the game
>>
>>8905621
I wish i had my old PC. I miss being young. The world seemed full of possibilities
>>
>>8905621
I enjoyed blowing up the tanks
>>
>>8905621
The chapter with the most varied environment. I like all 3 way battles. The side area with the tentacle and the missile storage depot are nice quiet breaks in the action. Play Field Intensity. The early levels are okay, but it really comes into its own about 1/3 of the way through. I did not expect it to be as long as it is.
>>
>>8905830
Great, but not as good as forget about freeman.

We've got hostiles is one of my favorite hl1 chapters.
>>
>>8905621
Is there a mod that switches the xen aliens for the race-X creatures? I find those much more fun to fight.
>>
>>8905621
Best chapter in HL1.
>>
>>8905679
wtf did I just watched
>>
great level. half life 1 really nails the fundamentals
>>
Trash linear game with laughable weapons and poor gameplay decisions. Like MGS, it should have been a movie.
Oh, you meant that one part of that shitty trash game. Shit. Just like the rest of it.
>>
le epic auster-kun trolling xd
Amiga will never be a good system.
DOS won.
>>
The DNF 2001 build literally copied the tripmine section of this level lmao.
>>
>>8906213
Sad to think about how even back in DNF 2001, there were moments where Duck was slowly going from the one being imitated to the imitator
>>
>>8906265
it was always like that
>>
>>8906265
Duke was about deconstructing the genre, had it been done right Duke would be mocking Half-Life's tropes.
>>
>>8906290
>Duke was about deconstructing the genre
no it wasn't
>>
>>8905812
If you were to return and live your life again, you would fuck up all your possibilities again and end up in the exact same place here where we speak now.
>>
Is this the level with the snipers? Did I miss something, like do they introduce those specifically? I had no idea what was happening in that area. Just randomly I start dying and there's no indicator of where I'm being shot from or where the shooter is.
>>
>>8905621
Even better in Sven with your bros
>>
>>8906660
There's some in HL1 yes
>>
>>8906648
A weird thing to think about is what would happen if you could go back with your current memories intact. You would interfere with the nervous system of previous you and things would get really fucky
>>
File: 1591560162635.jpg (67 KB, 703x625)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>8906936
When I played this shit in Sven with my bros the trip mine section took us like two hours because one of us chucklefucks would just hit one every single time.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.