[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: spider1.jpg (3.07 MB, 3264x2448)
3.07 MB
3.07 MB JPG
Low key the best Spider-Man game of all-time.
>>
>>8899416
i remember having a couple on plug and play
they were fun but i don't think i got far
>>
>>8899416
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Dzy1ZZbOuw
>>
>>8899416
This is the Genesis game, right?
For some reason, it depressed me. Not even saying it's a bad game, I don't remember much of it, I just remember it having weird vibes.
>>
>>8899416
>Low key
low keyll yourself
>>
>>8899416
lol wat. are you high?
>>
Nah. Spider Man 2000 is still the king of the crop.
>>
>>8900250
>Ultimate wasn't bad too. But PC port was fucked, unfortunately
>>
>>8900264
Accidental green text, sorry
Captcha: MASTA
>>
>>8899416
Every time there's a talk about Spider-man games the shittiest fucking trash is being praised, it's like none of you got any taste.
Maximum Carnage is the only passable one pre 3d, and even that is a stretch with those sprites and animations.
>>
>>8900096
Its the soundtrack. Maybe even the looming threat of the doomsday clock. They really nailed the lonely, guilt-ridden tone of Peter Parker. Perfect 10/10.
>>
>>8899416
That’s not Mysterio’s Menace
>>
>>8900096
I agree that the vibes are odd, somewhat dark, but I actually love it. It has so much atmosphere and immerses you in how tense the situation is for New York, for Spider-Man.
>>
>>8901892
Probably the game dark vibes come from the comics.
Spiderman was getting somewhat darker before the clone saga.
>>
>>8899416
I wouldn't call it the best one, but it's definitely up there, and for it's time it might've just been the best one indeed. I personally prefer Spider-Man (PS1) really, but to be fair that did come out almost a decade later. I have to try the Sega CD version at some point, I hear a lot of good things about it, though I'll probably still prefer the Genesis version due to it being the one that made me fall in love with this title in the first place. I still have to get the hang of Nightmare mode, the one part I struggle with the most is when Venom shows up in the Caverns level, in those tight corridors full of guns, I've only pulled it off in those few times I was lucky enough for him to get stuck somewhere for whaterver reason, still a fun time anyways. I don't recommend the Master System/Game Gear version though, it's not bad once you get the hang of it, and I've managed to beat it before on all difficulties except Nightmare, but it's a lot more clunky and less fun to move Spider-Man around, also the whole concept of having a single life and taking so much time away to heal is downright evil.
>>
>>8900250
SURF THE WEB
SURF THE WEB
>>
This is the best Spider-man game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9chAIX30cw
pinballmap.com
>>
File: bestspidermangame.jpg (28 KB, 352x198)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
Best Spiderman game coming through
>>
File: EyzMejrWEAU0S0C.jpg (566 KB, 1386x2048)
566 KB
566 KB JPG
>>8900407
I'd say that calling it trash is somewhat harsh, of course we're all entitled to our opinions, but for its time it was ambitious and probably the best Spider-Man experience one could get on a home console. While I feel something like Maximum Carnage was more polished and probably more appealing to most, also a lot of fun due to the satisfaction Beat'em ups naturally brings, especially with the punching sound there, I feel it suffers too much from being mostly a video game with Spider-Man in it, instead of a Spider-Man video game, like this one tried to be. Afterall, you get to do things like taking pictures for the Daily Bugle to restock your web, and you have a lot of Spider-Man's main abilities at your disposal at all times, with level design that complements it. I know it's not for everyone, and it is definitely flawed, it took some time for me to start enjoying it, but once things clicked it quickly became one of my favorites, and I highly recommend it, even if I wouldn't call it the best Spider-Man video game out there, I definitely wouldn't call it trash either.
>>
File: S6AtDJM.png (722 KB, 641x640)
722 KB
722 KB PNG
>>8900950
That's not Spider-Man.
>>
File: 7ph.jpg (108 KB, 900x1346)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
I just finished replaying this, after not touching it for quite some time now. It's still just as fun to play as I remember, with Spider-Man's move set just feeling so good to play around with and do things. I went with Nightmare Difficulty, 3 Web Cartridges and Low Stamina, so the most difficult settings possible, and I managed to beat it, even though I had a few deaths. I wouldn't say I've mastered this yet, not just because I died a few times, but also because I still can only get around Venom in Kingpin's hideout if he gets stuck somewhere, which usually happens if I move around a bit without dropping down, I just can't beat him or outrun him in those tight corridors filled with enemies, which is what most do. I almost let Mary Jane fall into the acid during the final boss fight with Kingpin, because the hit box to stop her descent is very specific, just like Kingpin's hit box, but I managed just as time was running out. Overall I still really enjoy it, but I get why many wouldn't, I can see a lot of strategies being cryptic, difficult to figure out, which would be especially difficult for someone growing up with this in the 90's, also some enemies can be annoying to deal with, and a lot of time the level design can be a little bland, not taking full advantage of Spider-Man's move set, still, I find it fun once you know what you have to do, still a good Spider-Man experience for its time.
>>
>>8900950
I've always been curious about this one, mostly because it seems to be a sequel to the GBC Spider-Man duology. I loved the PS1 duology as a kid and always longed for a 3rd one, and while the movie adaptation had similar gameplay and felt like a 3rd installment, it was a completely different version of the character. I recall the 1st GBC port following the PS1 original story quite closely, so it's the same universe, or at leasr one that's really similar, with that in mind I suppose that Mysterio's Menace is the closest I'll ever get to a 3rd PS1 Spider-Man, I have to play it at some point.
>>
>>8899416
I love this game if only for taking pictures to sell to buy more web fluid.
>>
File: 1646273346818.jpg (71 KB, 900x624)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
No, I don't think so.
>>
Well, it does seem Spider-Man vs. The Kingpin is a title many here are familiar with, afterall I recall it being one of the most well sold Sega Genesis titles, so that makes sense. Did anyone play the 8bit version though? I'm curious about what others here think of it. I managed to miraculously beat it on Easy and Difficult, but Nightmare just feels impossible, What hurts the most is that this is the only version where you can unlock the black suit for Spider-Man... but only on Nightmare, it just feels sadistic. One more thing which feels sadistic is only having a single shot, you can restore health by resting, but it takes a lot of your time. I like how Spider-Man feels though, attacking and moving him around is fun, there are positives, but the difficulty hurts it a lot.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.