[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Rock_N'_Roll_Racing.jpg (225 KB, 512x446)
225 KB
225 KB JPG
I'm trying to like this game but it's so bullshit on max difficulty.

The enemies have unlimited ammo. You can never catch up with the purple guy on the 2nd planet if he gets ahead because his car has a turbo which he spams all the time.
>>
Use Olaf my dude.

Also, upgrade.
>>
>I'm trying to like this game
why
>>
>>8514190
Its a fun game with a sweet soundtrack. My friend played it with me once and he tried to upgrade his beach buggy and I warned him not to. I saved to buy the next car, I think the one with trax for wheels and smoked him every race blowing him up a few times. He turned the console off and went nuts at me complaining that upgrading early on was pointless.
>>
>>8514278
>He turned the console off and went nuts at me complaining that upgrading early on was pointless.
it pretty much is.
>>
File: r-c-pro-am-2-01.png (45 KB, 512x480)
45 KB
45 KB PNG
>Released earlier
>On a 8-bit console
>Same gameplay features, including cars and weapons upgrades
>Runs at 60 fps, while Rock n Roll Racing runs at 20 fps
>>
>>8514297
Obviously. He couldn't comprehend why it was like that and in a way he has a point. What a cruel lesson to learn on your first playthrough. That beach buggy is such absoluye shit. Pretty sure even with upgrades it will struggle to go up hills from a dead stop.
>>
>>8514341
I played this game when I was 9 and even then I didn't bother getting upgrades until the Battletrax. I think I bought a couple of nitros for the jet-car thing on the second world.
>>
>>8513904
Haven't played this game since i was a kid. Maybe i should. It's probably stupid expensive these days like everything else though.
>>
Play Biker Mice From Mars instead, the superior SFC drive'n fight
>>
>>8514509
and make sure to play as Vinnie and Modo and learn their turbo systems
>>
>>8514514
Greese Pit has the highest speed. Use him.
>>
>>8514531
Vinnie's turbos make him faster than anything once you get good. Modo's turbos are also very good and takes less skill but not as good as Vinnie
>>
>>8513904
>The enemies have unlimited ammo
ride last at the beginning and let enemies shoot their ammo, then jam in the first
>You can never catch up with the purple guy because his car has a turbo which he spams all the time
yes, you can. turbo doesn't increase speed, it is only used to accelerate when you lose speed (after exploding or for whatever reason). The AI spamming turbo in the middle of the race doesn't give him any advantage
>>
>>8514536
Greese Pit requires skill to play. Screw your turbo.
>>
>>8513904
this game is based, just play it on a lower difficulty level and enjoy the music, it's bitchin
>>
I'm not really sure why people like this game so much. The gameplay is good but the tracks are extremely small and repetitive/bland.
>>
I wanted to play the russian remake (motor rock) but my antivirus tells me not to. i took it on igg. anyone has played it?
>>
>>8514304
>doesn’t have highway star and Tim follin goodness
>>
>>8514278
>>8514341
>>8514407
It seems that investing in missiles is worth it because then you'll simply destroy anyone in front of you.
>>
>>8514965
You get a destruction bonus when you kill people too, easy money. Blow everyone up multiple times and you're rich
>>
>>8514278
those midi covers are fucking awesome, oh boy, good times

Also you need to upgrade as soon as you can, don't waste too much on improvements, 3rd level on weapons and turbo and that's it until you get the tanks
>>
>>8515398
There are more cars after the Battletrack.
>>
>>8514278
What a wholesome /vr/ post
>>
File: airblade.jpg (130 KB, 745x657)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>>8514278
The Battletrack is the 2nd car upgrade, unlocked at the 3rd planet I think. The first is the Air Blade, which can be bought as soon as you have the money.
>>
>>8514278
Based friend
>>
>>8516340
Is there any difference between the two starting cars?
>>
>>8517787
I HAVE ALWAYS WONDERED THIS
>>
>>8517787
>>8518404
The Marauder (middle) is slightly faster, the Dirt Devil (right) has slightly better cornering.

By themselves these advantages aren't very noticeable, but if they compliment your character's special skill, they can be game changers. A character with cornering using the Dirt Devil will have near perfect control, a character with acceleration or top speed in the Marauder will leave everyone behind easily.

You can actually keep these cars until the 3rd planet because the Air Blade isn't faster than the Marauder nor handles better than the DD. It's advantage is having turbo instead of jumping. Most of the time you should buy it anyway.
>>
I don't think the game is that hard. I remember I was able to beat it on high difficulty with the Air Blade car.
>>
>>8518685
Yea it can be beaten with the Air Blade, but I bet you failed like 5 times per world at least, did you?

the best song?? for me it's the paranoid cover, fookin A
>>
>>8518523
yeah the missiles are so much better than the plasma gun on the starter cars.
>>
>>8518808
The missiles are slower but they do more damage. The mines are also better than the spikes and turbo is better than jumping.
The Battletrack is superior to the Air Blade in every way though.
>>
>>8518946
>mines are also better than the spikes
Those aren't spikes, they're small puddles of oil you spill. Yeah, looked like spikes to me too until I read the upgrade menu.
>>
>>8519361
>>8518946
if you drop like twelve oil spills in a row they can seriously fuck people up. end up pointing backwards on the wrong part of the track with no acceleration.
>>
>>8519808
Yeah, they can be a nightmare if used cleverly. I think they can cause even bigger time losses than being straight up destroyed by weapons. You don't even need many of them, just place them in clever, hard to avoid spots and places where losing control can cause significant time loss like ramps and hazards.
>>
>>8519863
>they can cause even bigger time losses than being straight up destroyed by weapons
this.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.