[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 2.jpg (29 KB, 474x505)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
taking down an AT-AT with the tow cable was hype
>>
>>8513628
*infuriating
This game controls like ass from beginning to end.
>>
>>8513628
I was never a Star Wars fan but loved this game and renting this from the store.
>>
>>8513662
I had this game brand new when I was 6. It’s frustrating at first, then you figure it out and it’s easy as pie. If 6 year old me can figure it out, surely you can.
Shadow Of The Empire is greater than the sum it’s parts. It’s jank makes it better, few such cases.
>>
>>8513628
Yeah
>>
>>8513662
We get it: You've watched a video review without ever playing the game yourself because you weren't even born at the time of its release.
>>
That was the worst shit.
I fucking hated the snowspeeder in both Shadows and Rogue Squadron.
Roping AT-ATs was easily the worst part of those games.
>>
>>8514173
This. Anyone who played Shadows of the empire was hype as hell over the first level. The rest of the game was fun but no where near the same level of hype.
>>
>>8513628
manually shooting everything, including your allies, was way better.
>>
>>8513628
>Not killing the AT-AT by crashing your speeder into its ass

Zoomer detected!
>>
>>8513628
>WAMPA
>STOMPA
>>
>>8514179
>Rogue Squadron
People have actually played that game?
>>
>>8514179
>>8515113
Just a reminder that there is a upcoming film called Star Wars: Rogue Squadron, the exact same thing as the N64 game. Not a lot of people seem to know how creatively bankrupt nu-Disney™ is.
>>
¿spunoɹפ ǝlʇsɐƆ

https://youtu.be/wXBeqkG_X-k
>>
>>8515221
The Rogue Squadron game didn't come up with the concept of the Rogue Squadron.
>>
>>8515221
I can’t wait to see independent women and brown people enrich Star Wars yet again.
In the straight white male reality, picrel is how the movie would open.
>>
>>8513628
That's when I knew home gaming was more than a match for arcades, finally.
>>
>>8515281
Nice.
>>
>>8513628
For me, it was pretending to be able to kill the Stardestroyers in Skyhook mission.
>>
>>8515113
Rogue Squadron is one of the only Star Wars video games I've played. It was on N64, and I played it around 2010. I didn't have an N64 growing up and had no nostalgia for the system or the game.
I had a great time from start to finish.
>>
>>8513662
The only tricky xontrols in this game are the jet pack platforming. Snowspeeder is fuckin ez brah
>>
>>8516778
You can on the N64 version but it takes 24 hours or so on easy mode.
>>
>>8515113
i fucking loved rogue squadron for pc.
>>
>>8517647
That only gets it down to 98%.
>>
>>8515221
I wish it was the same thing as the N64 game. It's going to be Kathleencore BS, set after the sequel trilogy, and the Empire are back again, because of course they are.
>>
>>8515113
all 3 rogue squadron games are great (especially the first 2)
>>
>>8518008
it'll probably end up cancelled and turned into a tv series like the boba fett movie turning into book of boba fett
>>
>>8517875
heh. But it will blow up eventually, but to be fair I got bored at 94%.
>>
>>8518021
Rebel Strike is sublime.
>>
>>8514786
I actually spent time doing that. Had SOTE when I was a kid, so my dad and I would take turns smashing the snowspeeder into Imperial forces. We came to the conclusion that you can take out the Probots easy, and ATST's and hardly not die by flying right through the neck.
As for AT-ATs? Same thing, but it was real close. helped to whittle em down, also by shooting them in the neck.
Then WHAM.
Fun times.
>>
>>8514179
You just suck at fun. I replayed that level 100 times as a kid finding different ways to go about it and generally messing around.
>>
>>8515113
I played Rogue Squadron. I thought it was great, although i was way more into the flight sims on PC (X-Wing Alliance, at the time)
>>
>>8519303
This.
Also using the cheat code that let you control the AT-STs.
>>
>>8514173
This.

SotE was so fucking good. When my bros got this game I spent like 2 nights in a row at their place.
>big greasy pizzas
>mountain dew
>hype as fuck N64 games
The variation in the levels made it so exciting. I loved fucking around with the Wampa in the ice cave.
>>
>>8513628
I had completely forgotten about this. I must've beaten it like 10 times but couldn't figure out what you had to do to race Han. Top 5 N64 game for sure
>>
>>8519816
Boba Fett's level was the best and evoked a lot of fantasy elements.
>>
File: 1641742605285.png (597 KB, 640x632)
597 KB
597 KB PNG
My first N64 game. Every level was unique and memorable, you never knew what you were going to get. Flying around shooting ATSTs and towing the legs of ATATs, action 3d shooter on foot, rail shooter, a moving train, flying with the jetpack, now it's a speedbike race along the streets of Mos Eisley?

Also the dianogas holy shit that level was nightmare fuel

Also my dad bought console and game used and all of the save files were titled Motherfucker.
>>
Can't beat the fucking swoop gang
>>
>>8518153
besides the shit on foot missions
>>
>>8520630
the boba fett level felt like such a huge adventure when I played it as a kid
>>
>>8514267
as much as I hated playing it, I look fondly back on the train level.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX0ZhhOd0Hg
>>
>>8515113
I expected fun dogfighting but it felt like steering a boat in 3D soup
>>
>>8515238
Isn't too hard to come up with a new title though?
>>
I keep getting filtered by the on foot section in the hoth base after this. I need to git gud.
>>
>>8515281
I prefer the Rogue Leader Y-Wing one.

> (...) which will protect you against almost anything. Which is good, because you won't be going anywhere, fast.
>>
>>8521098
The intro jingle and the theme mix together so well (@ 3:04).
>>
>>8521157
these y wings are slow but they can sure take a beating
>>
>>8521298
Dropping bombs with Y-Wings was strangely peaceful.
>>
>>8513662
Was one of the few games I was able to beat as a small child on the N64, the truly bad controlling games I never had a chance to beat.
>>
>>8521098
I'm surprised no 4chan autist figured the total distance of that level via the AT-AT or the ISD dimensions.
>>
>>8513628
did this many times in the original battlefront for PS2. had the multiplayer expansion and probably put 1000's of hours into it. I was a god with the Vanguard.
>>
>>8521128
why should they? the thing they're making the show about is already called rogue squadron in sw lore. don't get me wrong, i'm sure the show is going to suck shit, but it won't be because of the title
>>
>>8523882
battlefront is a perfect game
>>
Fantastic game and u lived the mix of space ship and human levels, rogue squadron never surpassed shadows of the empire for that reason, i liked walking around. We didn't get s game that felt like shadows levels until bounty hunter on PS2, but that one didn't have space ship levels
>>
>>8521065
I always forget those exist.
>>8521076
>the boba fett level felt like such a huge adventure when I played it as a kid
Yeah. It's still has a sense of wonder to it. Haven't played it in years.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.