[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1637866379591.jpg (241 KB, 1280x960)
241 KB
241 KB JPG
I'm not really into Sonic games but damn, this game is fucking good.
>>
Sonic is so awesome. I love Sonic!
>>
>>8361585
Sonic riders is pure kino
>>
>>8361585
It's far from perfect, good even, but it had potential
Then they ruined it all with the sequels. And then buring them with notMario Kart simulators.
>>
>>8361864
Zero Gravity was "okay"
First game was perfect, and im enjoying all the sudden love its getting from the fanbase with mods.
>>
>>8361585
I'M GONNA
>>
Sonic Riders was an interesting experiment by Sega in making a Sonic racing game but making it incredibly technical. After you mastered it it became such a fun game to play.
Zero Gravity simplified it a bit too much then Free Riders turned it into a barely working Kinect game and killed it. Sasuga.
>>
>>8361585
Why has Sega never bothered putting any of their old 90-00s physical PC games on Steam or GOG outside of Sonic Adventure DX (which is the worst way to play without mods)? OP's game, Sonic Heroes, Billy Hatcher, Virtua Fighter 1+2, Daytona USA and several others would be piss-easy to put on those platforms for better accessibility and easy moneymaking.
>>
>>8362486
I've played the SHIT out of ZG. I mastered every track and got every reward (except maybe few extras). I had way too much fun with it.

My introduction to original Riders, however, was way rougher. I couldn't figure out the controls and had a super hard time at performing tricks and winning races, especially ones that require you to play as Flying characters.

In retrospective, it's definitely a solid spin-off racing game, but it's more like a first attempt to make good one, a bit unpolished one.
>>
>>8362910
I'm still waiting for Sega to port Sonic Unleashed to PC already. It's begging for it.
Like honestly, who asked for a Colors port? It didn't need one with how nicely you could already make it in Dolphin.
>>
File: EOfm_RzUwAYbDAd.jpg (130 KB, 1186x804)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
goat artwork
>>
File: god_iizuka.jpg (16 KB, 480x320)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>8363105
> Like honestly, who asked for a Colors port?

You're donut of understand you baka! Sonikku Kororusu a masterpiece! Subarashii no gemu!
Pray it now!
>>
>>8362910
Because Riders, Heroes, Daytona USA and the Virtua Fighter games are all broken on modern systems and they probably lost the source code for them. SADX was ported because it's a port from X360, which was a port from PC, which was a port from GameCube.
>>
what the fuck do people see in those retarded newer sonic racing games??? that shit screams ninteno mario kart, generic racing games with zero personality
>>
Didn't they quite literally steal the concept from this game from some gaijin that pitched this exact concept to them they rejected then literally turned around and made this game?
>>
>>8363846
That's what they did. Pro SEGA move.
>>
Sonic Riders has terrible controls.
>>
>>8363846
the Sonic skateboarding game? maybe
but they already had boarding in SA2, so it doesn't really matter in the end.
>>
>>8364030
Your mom has terrible controls.
>>
>>8361585
Holy fuck. I got this for Christmas 06. 15 years ago. Don't usually feel old being 22, but damn
>>
>>8364030
Git gud.
>>
I still stand this game needed more polish, as a person that genuinely liked the game for what it is
I hate when people call shit perfect when you no damn fucking well Sonic Team can't make any good Sonic game worth shit. If you wanted a good Sonic game you'd ask any other studio to make it instead, which they'd do it far better with have the dev time.
>>
>>8363746
I can personally attest that Sonic Heroes works fine on Windows 10.
>>
>>8363105
you can play the regular sonic levels in generations with a mod
>>
File: 1560187712697.png (606 KB, 658x543)
606 KB
606 KB PNG
>>8365635
Yeah I know you can play incredibly close recreations of the day acts in Generations but I want to see the whole game ported by Sega themselves, mainly just to see what the modders can do to it.
>First day mod that removes the night act battle music

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.