[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Harry_SH2.png (424 KB, 590x503)
424 KB
424 KB PNG
>Now is the time to put aside your weak, human side and join me in REEEmaking this world!
>>
File: aQqMm5q_700b.jpg (94 KB, 700x523)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>8360568
sometimes dead is better
>>
>>8360579
aaaah... sarcasm
>>
Not sure if this is the right thread but I have to ask.

Have you guys seen my daughter? Black hair, about seven years old?
>>
>>8360706
Harry, wake up already. Your daughter is actually cute
>>
What's stopping Konami from putting the PC versions of 2&3 back on GOG, fixed either by themselves or bundled with all the community fixes that have been made over the years?
>>
>>8360759
why care when you can easily do it yourself for free?
>>
>>8360759
Competence and respect for their franchises, if I were to take a wild guess.
>>
>>8360579
I don't get it
>>
>>8360759
There's still lingering voice acting issues so they probably don't want to bother.
If someone at Konami cared, they'd track down the estate of some of the deceased VAs, get permission, and release 2 and 3 (since Konami doesn't really port them, they straight up just dump the original PC releases untouched), but clearly nobody high up really cares.
>>
>>8360759
There's a lot of legal issues. In Silent Hill 3's case the actors didn't sign-off on their voices because japs trust everyone and anyone to abide their "handshake" deals instead of cementing it on ink. Silent Hill 2 had a similar issue but it was resolved with the HDC. There's a lot of laziness with details in these games the developers just scanned copyrighted material left and right there's a shining poster in Silent Hill 2 and cover art for a magazine that features Norman Reedus in Silent Hill 3. In the development of the HDC they were contacted by the Red Cross or vise versa to change the crosses they have in the game:
https://youtu.be/Y4XOXyIn8iQ?t=2
https://youtu.be/RSJs2S2EfbQ?t=7769
Pause both videos and look at the cross. The first link is for the original the other is the HDC. I think a few instruments were changed as well, though I have no idea if it's due to legal reasons or incompetence. Basically the games would have to be modded significantly and that's too much effort. Silent Hill 3 has never been available in its original form digitally nor was SH2 only the HDC. Silent Hill 4 was listed on Japanese PSN and the original Silent Hill was also listed on PSN. I'd wish they got SH1 on GOG literally get any PSX emulator with a permissive license and list it you already did that with MG1.
>>
>>8361365
MGS1 on GOG is actually the shitty PC port, not a PSX emulation.
>>
>>8361432
the "shitty PC port" is the best version of the game though
>>
>>8361432
I worded it poorly I meant the MSX game. My bad. At least I don't think it had a PC port?
>>
>>8361365
>Silent Hill 4 was listed on Japanese PSN
SH4 is on GOG

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.