[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Double screen setup.jpg (1.87 MB, 3851x3851)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB JPG
What's your setup like /vr/os?
You don't just emulate everything on your phone right?
>>
>>8359406
I emulate everything on my everything.
>>
>>8359406
>What's your setup like /vr/os?
Not the center of my life which is confined to a 10x10 bedroom
>>
I play on building a Vidya barn. Right now I am torn on making either a central vidya station or breaking it up with a different monitors for each gen
>>
>>8359406
I really like this shelf. Is it storebought or custom? It looks a lot like Ikea's cube storage, but I don't think I've seen this configuration.
>>
>>8359406
I have 4 different CRTs hooked up.

The 25" Trinitron in my room hosts the Genesis, NES, and Saturn because the Genesis games are the most common pick-up-and-play choices for me.

The living room has three of the CRTs, a 36" Trinitron that hosts the Dreamcast and N64, a 36" that hosts the PS2 and Wii, and a40" LG HDCRT that hosts the Xbox and my roommate's SNES. The PS2 doubles as my main DVD player so it gets the top spot across from the couch. The wii is there because it used to be the primary netflix box and just hasn't moved. The Xbox on the HDCRT is so I can play OutRun2 in widescreen.

I have another den area that has a 55" 4k TV and every console from 7th gen onward. All of my handhelds are stored in there, too.
>>
File: 20211124_165119.jpg (1.38 MB, 4000x1800)
1.38 MB
1.38 MB JPG
>>8359406
For the most part I just emulate at 4k, occasionally I'll decide to play on actual hardware with a flash cart, but for the most part I appreciate the convenience of emulation.
>>
For Consoles I have a both an LCD and a CRT.
My LCD setup is a modded Wii U to play in 60fps 4K ROMs for Wii and Gamecube. Plus a NES Classic and SNES Classic.
On CRT I have a PS2 and a modded Wii with emus for NES, SNES, PC Engine, and Genesis.And an N64 with a flash cart since it's such a bitch to emulate. I use a brawler64 for this, highly recommend.
I also use a Powkiddy A66 for Gameboy, GBC, GBA, and Neo Geo Pocket Color on the go. It's good for the price.

Sadly I do use my phone with an 8bitdo SNpro+ wireless controller for Dreamcast, PSX, PSP, and DS. I'm planning on picking up a Retroid Pocket 2+ to remedy this once it comes out.
>>
Emulation on crtv
>>
>>8359406
No, my phone is shit.
>sticking your speaker to the TV
absolute pleb
>>
>>8359406
>rolling cables
>>
>>8359406
Emulation on Android tablet w/ controller
Emulation on Windows PC w/ 4K OLED

I'm alpha
>>
>>8359406
Emulation for everything except N64 hardware with a flash cart.
Temporary while everything else sits in storage for 6 months but it’s actually comfy as fuck.
>>
>>8359538
If you have to say it m8, you aren't
>>
>>8359462
Electronics used to have so much more personality. In the 70s and 80s everything was woodgrain. In the late 90s and 2000s everything was chrome/silver. So iconic. I guess you could say the 2010s all had glossy black finishes, but it still doesn't feel the same
>>
>>8359406
soulless
>>
>>8359697
Yeah, because emulating everything on PC is so soulful
>>
>>8359413
>stop liking retro video games on my retro video game board!
I don't think he said it's the center of his life or that he lives out of his bedroom but whatever makes you feel better buddy.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (26 KB, 256x360)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>8359406
my comfy gayming setup
cope and seethe coomlectors and folder organisers
>>
>>8359406
DO-DO-DO-DO-DO-DO--DONPACHI!
>>
>>8359406
Great except for the 3DO and jaguar, personally I would switch those for a PSX and Xbox hueg
>>
>>8359531
What IS the best option for storing controllers anyway? I know that the whole "wrap it around the controller" method is not good, but what is the right way to do it?
>>
File deleted.
>>
File: x68000.jpg (1.52 MB, 3264x1836)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB JPG
>>
>>8359406
>MUSHA and D'Don Patch
Holy based.
>>
>>8359702
At least emulator anon is playing games, not taking instagram pictures of consoles.
>>
File: twist.png (15 KB, 1531x589)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
>>8359967
Personally I try to just tuck the cable unwrapped behind the console or whatever. You can also wrap them if you do it very loosely and it shouldn't be too much trouble.

I work in appliance repair and replace a LOT of cords. If a cord gets a short and it's not because of external damage, it's generally a result of one of three things:

1. The cord wearing out at the point that it leaves the device. There's normally some kind of cord restraint to protect it somewhat, but if you wrap it tightly around a controller you're pulling the wires at a really sharp angle from how they are inside. Make sure that the cable never takes any sharp angles, and that if it's wrapped up it has a very gradual curve

2. Not unplugging the cord before it's wrapped up. I think a lot of people don't realize that when you wrap a cord up, you're also twisting it. If the cord is unplugged, that's whatever, the end will spin around and you won't be causing permanent damage. But if it's still plugged in, it can't do that, and you'll be gradually twisting the cord tight and tighter in a way that will permanently alter it's shape. If you have cords that end up forming loops that look like pic related all on their own, this is why.

3. Also related to wrapping cords too tight, when people wrap a cord up as tight as they can, that not only puts a lot of pressure on the cord overall, but it ends up putting the most pressure in the same points every single time where the cord goes around a corner or whatever.

Personally I think the best thing to do is to store them in a way where you don't wrap them up at all if your setup allows for it. If you do need to wrap them up, I'd recommend either wrapping the cord around your hand and then putting a tie around one part of the loop, or wrapping the cord up loosely by wrapping it around both the controller and your hand so it's not too tight
>>
>>8360006
>Photographing your hobbies is bad somehow
I'm not actually sure but this sounds like cope
>>
>>8360007
I should mention that I also see a lot of devices from the 50s that still have perfectly functioning cords, so if you take care of stuff there's a good chance it'll last until you die. It depends on how much you use it, of course, and especially something like a video game controller is going to get moved around a lot more than the power cord on a sewing machine or whatever, but they're also designed to be used that way so I've give them good odds
>>
>>8359406
I have 9 consoles connected to 2 CRTs in a gaming room in the basement, a modded PS classic and big box on my desktop PC for all the consoles I don't care to own, and yes, I also emulate on my phone.
>>
>>8360006
Dude that's not even my setup. I literally googled retro game set up, but keep seething I guess.
>>
>>8359707
Not sure whether it's more cringe to samefag or simp. Either way it obviously hit a nerve.
>>
>>8359406
>has 10 consoles on the shelves
>both TVs are running emulation
>>
>>8360318
How do you know? Maybe the controllers just aren't plugged in.
>>
>>8360326
M.U.S.H.A on the screen, Rocket Knight in the machine.
>>
>>8360326
the literal state
>>
>>8359406
I admire your genre choice.
>>
>>8359406
The attempt to make this setup look clean and refined is 100% botched by the crowded controller coochies.
>>
>>8359981
Damn, that's a good quality CRT. Mine gives a muddy image, it's infuriating.
>>
>>8361297
Just a LaCie ElectronBlue, you can find them for nothing if you bother looking.
>>
File: game shit.jpg (3.88 MB, 5001x4143)
3.88 MB
3.88 MB JPG
>>8359406
Very old pics, but can't be assed to take new ones atm since I'm still assembling my wii u kiosk.
>>
>>8361401
kek, you're making a gamestop or something?
>>
>>8359406
I like those games but the setup is awful. It’s always this same ikea grid shelf shit and some ugly ass crts. You 4chan kids need to change it up
>>
>>8361417
Sure
>>
Mine would look better if my Xbox, PS2 and Atari 2600 weren't broken and my PSP needs a new battery. Repair shops are non existent around me, I don't trust shipping them, I can't tell what's wrong or I'm not good at soldering new paths, all aftermarket PSP batteries are shit for their price, Sony doesn't sell oem ones and I'm not gonna fuck the pins and shell by soldering a battery. Also just got a free Xbox One that overheats. Probably needs cleaning and thermal paste.
So, my setup is:
>modern PC
>55" LCD
>24" CRT
>PS3 for PSX and PS2
>Switch
>Wii for all 8 and 16-bit + GC
>3DS XL
>GBA SP
>2010 laptop with CRT in my room running W7
>>
>>8361474
Good news is that are few reasons not to emulate psp. Besides using your OG umd's I don't see the point of not emulating a psp.
t. mine has a fucked up stick.
>>
>>8361493
I know what you mean, the PSP has an LCD screen, so using PPSSPP on my 55" using scaling actually looks pretty good. The problem is that some games like Motorstorm Arctic Edge have lag (it's not from my PC or phone, they are powerful), Flatout Head On skips tracks every 3 seconds, DJ Max has input lag and there's probably more like these. My PSP has a fucked circle button from me forcing it down due to it not working because the bulged battery made the shell uneven, but it should be an easy fix, since I opened it once to clean it.
Forgot to say I have an Xbox360, but there's no mod for it.
>>
>>8361515
Oh, and I got a PSX and PSone that I got recently for free. Still thinking if I should invest in a PSio, but then again, my PS3 is more convenient.
>>
>>8361401
This rules
>>
>>8360249
Chill, anon. Being angry all the time isn't good for you. Just post your set up and move along, or don't.
>>
>>8360318
Actually, I was mistaken; it IS M.U.S.H.A. in the machine. And the machine is clearly on.
>>
>>8361515
>Motorstorm Arctic Edge
Wouldn't the PS2 version be better?
>>
>>8361560
No idea, didn't even know that was a thing. But I think I never finished the PSP one, so it would be cool to try beating the rest. I did that exact same thing with NFSU a few years ago. Came back to the game after a few years, saw that I never did the last race because I couldn't beat it, and ended up beating it on the first try, just to find out it was the 2nd to last, so I beat that one too.
>>
>>8359409
Can I emulate atari on my Super nintendo?
>>
>>8361520
PS3 is a weak ass machine, don't rely on it too much.
>>
>>8361686
idk man, I had 2 PS2 die on me already and this PS3 was bought from a colleague. It was full of dust, was heavily used, it's the first edition and I have no problems. Shoved a ton of PSX and PS2 games on it after installing Rebug and multiman, and also watched a few movies and youtube on it. I keep it connected to the LCD and the CRT, since I have 2 PS3 games in there. I've tested the optical drive and it works.
>>
>>8361401
If I could rob you, my first priority would be that precious piece of Okage cardboard.
>>
>>8360462
That's a MUSHA cartridge though.
>>
File: musha.png (298 KB, 709x320)
298 KB
298 KB PNG
>>8360462
>>8361778
>>
I feel like it lacks soul. I think I’d like to change it to something where only maybe 1 or 2 consoles are out at a time while the rest are connected, but stowed out of sight.
>>
>>8361419
>you like something I don't, so change it
>>
File: IMG_20210514_141818.jpg (3.08 MB, 3200x2400)
3.08 MB
3.08 MB JPG
>>8359406
I will get a better tv stand soon
>>
>>8361806
Excellent! Nice setup man.
>>
>You don't just emulate everything on your phone right?
Of course not. I use my PC.
>>
File: 20211110_025510.jpg (2.18 MB, 3264x2448)
2.18 MB
2.18 MB JPG
>>
>>8359981
i need that desk
>>
>>8361915
This. Emulation on PC and output on a decent shadow mask 15kHz CRT.
>>
>>8361890
based Saturn bro
>>
Audiocucked:
>>8359462
>>8359570
>>8361401

>>8359981 don’t see the other speaker + bad placement, marginal pass.
>>
few changes since last thread
>>
>>8362549
Comfy, anon
>>
>>8362425
>audiocucked
I use headphones though.
>>
>>8362549
Classy af
>>
File: 20211125_213358.jpg (819 KB, 2000x1500)
819 KB
819 KB JPG
My work in progress game room. I have some paneling that i'm going to mount to the back of the entertainment center to hide the wires and mount stuff like the switches and power lines too. The CRT has been RGB modded and recapped, all the consoles have RGB Scart cables outside of the compnet consoles, Xbox, Gamecube, Wii, ECT. Got like 16 consoles to wire so it's gonna get messy. Only console missing from this pic is my Genesis, i'm in the middle of recapping it and installing a triple bypass. Also gotta hang all my posters and what not to make it feel more comfy.

Worst thing I did was setup a few consoles to just mess around with, now I spend my free time playing games instead of finishing the game room. Probably won't get a chance to finish it up till after Christmas. Also, the Stressless Chair I got was definitely worth the money, highly recommended if you can afford it.
>>
>>8361778
>>8361559
>>
>>8359707
who are you quoting?
>>
>>8362660
those magnetized speakers aren't messing with your tilt/colorbleed issues?
nice

>>8362549
no sega systems but i like the console you have

>>8361985
ah yes 1P pong
my favorite

>>8361890
you have been saying you would buy furniture for months anon
if the table fails i will be v upset w/ you

>>8361806
i had the same metal rack
i felt like my setup was in the back of a restaurant/line cook area

you can afford 4x wavebird and aes
check craigslist for big wood
>L-LEWD

>>8361401
kiosks are the final frontier
i had the opportunity to snag the xbox1 kiosk and had to let it go
maybe in the next life

>>8359981
b a s e d

>>8359570
comfy
but i couldn't go much smaller than that personally
>L-LEWD

>>8359462
clutter triggers my anxiety
def has potential

>>8359406
those LED stain the systems
i have a famicom av that has dots on it bc of people that do this

i still want that jag cd
despite knowing that it's unreliable and has a tiny library
>>
>>8362549
You should change your floor
>>
When I first moved
>>
>>8363219
it was carpeted til my basement flooded so it's bare concrete for now
>>
>>8361890
SOUL
>>
File: my coomlection.jpg (53 KB, 1080x810)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
Behold, my entire coomlection.
>>
Right now I emulate everything on my computer. When I get my own place, though, I'd love to have a vertical CRT like the one on the right there. Is it in some kind of case to hold it in that position? What's that called?
>>
Is there a way to set up a computer+emulator to output to a CRT and have it look right? If so, I might actually make myself a MAME machine.
>>
>>8363006
>those magnetized speakers aren't messing with your tilt/colorbleed issues?
nice

Funny you bring that up, first set this up with a spare set of Pioneer speakers I had and they did affect the CRT, the affected it a lot. Found these Polk speakers on Facebook Marketplace and they are magnetically sealed and sound great. They don't mess with the CRT at all.
>>
>>8363447
emulator
>>
>>8363549
Emulator is HLE/LLE in software, that's remapping physical hardware parts inside a chip to create a copy of the hardware of the console and then run the game on that.
We can do that because chips have progressed a lot, it's no different than console revisions that put several chips inside one big chip to save money for example.
>>
File: Untitled.png (443 KB, 1359x810)
443 KB
443 KB PNG
>>8363604
emulator same as pc both play games very good other one is for free whaats difference?
>>
>>8363604
And yet there's games that won't run like in the original hardware. Clearly an emulator.
>>
>>8363620
There's no software emulation, so no, not the same.

>>8363627
Because it's not 100% identical. Hence why the comparison made in the post: >>8363604
>it's no different than console revisions that put several chips inside one big chip to save money for example.
Those console versions usually had compatibility differences/problems too. Except FPGAs can be improved by making changes to them over time.
>>
>>8363631
>versions
revisions*
>>
>>8363631
but is there really a practical realon to use mister instead of pc emulator or is it just "but muh mistr calculates 120 megashits per second like original console and not like pc that does 119.9 no real difference but is accurate?"
>>
>>8363631
>Those console versions usually had compatibility differences/problems too.
What do you mean? My Tekken 3 plays the same on my PSX, PSone and PS2.
>>
>>8363670
PS1 and PS2 don't even use the same composite and RGB encoders anon
>>
>>8363684
What does image have to do with how the game works? There's a mod to add HDMI to the PSX and games run the same.
>>
>>8363648
All in all you can have less overhead while matching the original hardware very closely with FPGAs, specially for hardware quirks. These days of course you can emulate with less latency on PCs than the original console even had, so each have their pros and cons.
Accuracy depends more on the people who wrote the emulator or FPGA core, can be hit and miss on both.
>>
>>8363687
That small differences matter, that's the point.
Also there's some PS1 games the PS2 can't even play, so.

>there's a mod
How is this relevant to what's being discussed?
>>
>>8361890
Thought that was a dendy controller on the bottom there. Also my dad still uses those speakers on his current PC.
>>8361806
Are you using the Analogue DAC thing with that Super NT and Mega SG? I've been thinking about getting them but I'm finding that I prefer using the original systems with an OSSC.

>>8362660
Only complaint is that the couch is too far back IMO. Otherwise very simple. I like it.

>>8363648
Mostly input lag and the fact that FPGAs allow for proper parallelization of components. The argument that one or the other is more "accurate" is silly since emulation, regardless of whether it's on an FPGA or software, is just high level representation of hardware defined logic, which all comes down to digital 1s and 0s running through transistors.

>>8363297
I like the pre gen 3 displays. It's amazing how big those consoles were compared to what eventually came out.
>>
>>8363694
Just forget it. Its impossible to argue with you mister people and your mental gymnastics. We get it, it's cool, but it's still emulation.
>>
>>8363742
Nothing to argue. You brought up the PS1 and PS2 example and there's is PS1 games that don't work on the PS2 for comparability reasons related to the hardware.

>We get it, it's cool, but it's still emulation.
It's not software based emulation though. As stated, it's more akin to a console being condensed down to a single chip, which official manufacturers did too as cost saving measures, but instead of manufacturing a ASIC outright, FPGAs are re-programmable on the fly (but they cost more thanks to that).
>>
>>8363752
>it's more akin to a famiclone
ftfy
Not the anon you're coping to but your mental gymnastics are devolving into outright bullshit. The problem with FPGA clones isn't the cost or the loading, it's the inaccuracy. Many mistershills pretend it doesn't exist, and yet the steady stream of updates prove them wrong.
>>
>>8363762
Did you even read the post chain?

>Many mistershills pretend it doesn't exist, and yet the steady stream of updates prove them wrong.
See: >>8363689
>Accuracy depends more on the people who wrote the emulator or FPGA core, can be hit and miss on both.

So where did I say or pretend it didn't exist?

There's no mental gymnastics, everything is factually correct. A FPGA based machine that's correctly built up is no different from original hardware.
Official ASICs often had quirks or problems too, either to missing documentation or ignorance, like software that used hardware trickery that the hardware was not designed for but wasn't possible in a revision.

>steady stream of updates prove them wrong.
That's the good thing, eventually it will entirely surpass the original console in both accuracy and features. You'll be able to play games that have problems on specific models or revisions of a console without having to have multiples or original hardware and with features that original hardware never had.
>>
>>8363695
The sofa is on carpet sliders, when I have people over I can easily push it to he in front of the crt for goldeneye or final fight
>>
>>8363447
Gay
>>
CRT is a must even up to PS2. In fact especially for 3D like PS2 and GC. CRT should not be thought of as a 8/16bit thing. It makes early 3D look A LOT better than I realised. People talk about emulation being great for PS2 and PSX, which it is, but the visuals are so much supreme on a CRT even compared to upscaled emulation.
>>
>>8363809
I literally use a CRT at 480p for PS2 and GC, kek.
>>
>>8363815
With emulators behind a PC. That's what I mean.
No reason you can't have both.
>>
>>8363815
>>8363820
Both look great with 2x internal resolution scaling at 480p on a CRT
Less aliasing and slightly crisper, but with all the nice visuals of how the console would originally look on a CRT
>>
>>8363809
Even Wii benefits from it, unless you're using a small LCD. Shit looks horrible on my 55".
>>
>>8363815
an easy compare is F-zeroGX on CRT to HD lcd/led. Anyone who thinks GC is OK on a LCD is delusional. Or try something like WR Bluestorm on a LED/LCD, its fucking tragic. A lay brother may think 3D games should play well on a flatscreen, which is why most don't bother. It's not helped by the fact the experience of CRT is literally impossible to capture to show people online (CRT will thwart any attempt with a camera to take a photo that looks anything like real life)

My wider point though is once I went back and played PS2 games on CRT finally this year, it soved a lot of nostalgic confusion I had when I emulated Ps2 games and was thinking 'huh, the graphics of GTA SA etc seemed way better in my memory, even if I upscale, they don't look right'. The fact is they WERE better, it's just they look shit on flatscreen.
>>
>>8363820
CRT rgb scart from PC is out of reach for most people, unless you know an easier way
>>
>>8363837
How come? Just do: >>8362171
It's not complicated or expensive or anything. But with 15kHz SD TVs you're limited to 480i (and 240/288p and 576i).

Rather just use VGA CRTs and do 480p straight up for PS2/GC/Xbox. Even with official hardware you can do 480p in many games and even hook up a VGA CRT or component HD-TV that supports 480p, both PS2 and GC had cables for that.
Of course for older consoles and 240p, a TV via RGB SCART from a PC for emulation is absolutely fine.
>>
>>8363809
CRTs are required for 480i and back. 480p is debatable
>>
>>8363858
Too much aliasing artifacts at 480p on a decently sized display though, specially LCD
I'd say 360 and PS3 and up is definitely flat panel territory, but PS2 and friends, CRT is prefered
>>
>>8363869
PS2 is mostly a 480i console. Like I said it's debatable, but I should of also said 480p is also mandatory crt resolution
>>
>>8363845
> build a VGA to SCART cable, add two 1k resistors to each sync line and a 10uF capacitor and then join both sync signals together into composite sync inside the SCART connector, create a 15kHz mode for 320x240@60 and/or 640x240@60

like I said, way out of reach for most people. Unless its troll
>>
>>8363887
... buy one ready made for 12 euros? I'd expect people on /vr/ to have the knowledge to connect devices together at least
>>
>>8360007
thanks for the amazing cord insight. from now on I will take better care about my cords!
>>
>>8363914
Sure thing, glad my extremely niche knowledge could help
>>
>>8359406
I have every game for every system pictured on my Wii, not counting the PS2. I have my top 5 PS1 games on it too.
>>
>>8364356
The Wii is a clutch system for emulating, but most N64 runs like ass on it and most Neogeo won't run at all, unless you want to lose countless hours trying different configs in retroarch.
>>
>>8363809
This is true. "jaggies" were honestly never a problem when I was playing 5th/6th gen 3D games. Sure, things that were smaller/farther away would be harder to resolve, but you didn't really get that flickering staircase effect because CRT phosphors aren't square pixels with 90 degree sharp edges. It's nowhere near as distracting as on a fixed pixel display.
>>
>>8363006
>clutter triggers my anxiety
>def has potential
I know what you mean but I don't have my own place so there's no many places for me to store my stuff.
I've been thinking of getting an actual TV stand to put my LED TV on rather than using my mother's hand-me-down coffee table, but I'm not certain I really have the space for that.
>>
>>8364436
A lot people in the PS2 era had those shitty projector TVs, and jaggies can definitely be an issue on those. My parents bought component cables for the PS2, but I usually used composite because the jaggies were smoothed out with them.
>>
File: 1.png (3.66 MB, 1949x979)
3.66 MB
3.66 MB PNG
What happens if you game over on the ship at the end? Do you have to replay the entire final level?

Still trying to figure out how to clean up my messy cables.
>>
>>8363771
>Did you even read the post chain?
I don't need to do that to call out your bullshit.
>So where did I say or pretend it didn't exist?
Where did I say you said that?
See what I did there kiddo?
>more cope and mental gymnastics
yawn
>>
File: 20211126_142154.jpg (3.77 MB, 4032x3024)
3.77 MB
3.77 MB JPG
>>8363006
>kiosks are the final frontier
They can be really hard to find, though apparently in America a lot of people get them because gamestop throws them away? I wish we were able to obtain them that easily.
>>
File: 20211126_142154.jpg (2.11 MB, 3024x4032)
2.11 MB
2.11 MB JPG
>>8364947
Oh ffs, stupid flipped photos.
>>
>>8364916
Kek, FPGA haters really are something
Grow up faggot
>>
>>8360326
Don't need controllers to take a pic of the title screen
>>
>>8364967
the sega is clearly on in the pic
>>
>>8359406
I do not own and have never owned any kind of cellular phone.
Touch screen interfaces piss me off and I hate them.

To answer, I have a PC, a Switch, a PSP, a New 3DS, and a Wii, the latter three with CFW. I also have a GBA Everdrive X5 and a GB Player+disc(bought at launch).
I also have an 8800 GTX card with (i think)a RGB output. I'd like to find a way to sinc that faggot up with my trinitron, but I don't think it's possible.
>>
>>8361515
input lag has nothing to do with the power of the pc. It's inherent to emulation and vsync.
>>
>>8359406
Setups like this are so souless. It's not a place I would ever want to get comfy and just play some games.
>>
File: little baby butthurt.jpg (35 KB, 609x406)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>8364954
>gets caught lying on the internet
>g-g-grow up
>>
mobile /bst/
not pictured: switch, vita, psp3000, various dmg-01, etc
>>
you can always tell when people dont actually play their retro shit when everything is set up like in this one: >>8359406

its the equivalent of these instagram thot's trying to farm internet points by posting their fancy food or by posting set up pictures of their work out or whatever.
>>
>>8366339
seems convenient
everything RGB/scart switcher
and controllers (unsightly) right there ready to go

even my current setup takes a minute or two to get the appropriate cords ready
by your logic basically every post in the thread is just for posturing unless their systems are left hooked up 24/7

which is obviously beyond retarded
>>
>>8364947
ah yes, the final frontier of wanting to turn your house into a literal recreation of a gamestop
>>
>>8366339
not to mention the carefully selected shmups in the cart slots of each console for the ebin gamer cred

>>8366419
It's not convenient at all. No couch, monitors far too high up. What, does OP stand there like a fucking goober in the corner of a room? And even if there's actually a couch out of view, it must be too far away then, and the monitors are still too high when they're supposed to be at eye-level when sitting. It's a clear-cut example of wanting something to look good as a display rather than having it be at all practical for actually playing games.
>>
>>8366339
The setup is manchild cringe. But if you'd ever played a lot on original hardware you'd know the convenience of having everything set up. You'd also know some of the issues with doing that which are dead giveaways that someone's a displayer as opposed to player. OPs pic is a setup for playing as well as displaying. It lacks any style, class, or taste, but is prefect for a manchild playing with himself in his basement.
>>
>>8366110
>lying
Proof?
>>
>>8366591
>manchild
>neat setup without much clutter or unnecessary shit, conveniently set up for play
What's your set-up look like if that's a manchild setup?
Or is just the act of playing and enjoying videogames, especially ones you grew up with, manchild status?

It sounds to me like you're jealous more than anything and are just coping by calling him a manchild.
>>
>>8366873
>he thinks people only have one setup
Oh dear. And here you were thinking all you had to so was project, simp, and be pretentious to win the internets.
>>
>>8367405
Where was that implied anywhere in my post?
Stop huffing glue.
>>
givin the 75" some overdue attention
the girls and i dropped this shit when i moved
>>
>>8367498
>he can't reading comprehension his own post
Keep digging little faggot
>>
>>8367817
Are you just baiting or are you actually this stupid?
>>
Here’s my setup atm. Pretty comfy if you ask me.
>>
>>8368178
>a lone ps2 with a single game
I like it
>>
>>8368190
I’ve got my game rack to the right, but I usually like to play one system at a time until I finish a game or two.
>>
>>8368173
>RIP BY ME
>VERSION 1.0, VERY HARD WORK
>DONATE PLOS
wtf
also
>pictures you can hear
>>
>>8359406
Can someone please tell me what the boxes are that those CRTs are in?
>>
>>8367771
gay tv
>>
>>8359406
Yes.
>>
>>8368949
kek

>>8367771
>>8366197
>>8363297
these are all me & the same house
>>
>>8363297
you need to move the television to the left side and the rest of the shit against the wall so you don't have to sit right next to the wall
>>
>>8367885
Are you just baiting or are you actually so stupid you can't read you own post? Keep coping, my angry little spergling. The power of autism compels you.
>>
>>8369202
i plan on replacing all of the furniture very soon anon
>>
File: IMG_20210606_145616.jpg (1.25 MB, 4608x3456)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB JPG
>>
File: boo.jpg (100 KB, 1499x1399)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
I want to buy and drink from this mug but only if I play ghost houses. So tell me, how many ghost house does each Mario game have?
>>
>>8370760
Leave this board
>>
>>8370806
But why?
>>
>>8359406
No snoy cancer = instant win!
>>
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 241x210)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>8370898
>>
File: 1609897934545.png (357 KB, 712x613)
357 KB
357 KB PNG
>>8370898
Sony didn't become SnOY until some time after restructuring to San Francisco some time in 2015 or 2016. That was what after some time lead them into the trend of them bending over for Social/Cultural Marxist feminists and their ilk by mid 2017-early 2018.
>>
>>8370973
Wut, we made fun of PVM fags way before 2015 already.
>>
>>8362549
I dig it anon
>>
File: 20211116_212307.jpg (1.5 MB, 2597x2935)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB JPG
I spent like two days setting this up and I have to reorganize all this shit pretty soon anyways

Not pictured/out of frame: 3DO, Laserdisc, VCR, Betamax, Saturn, second Xbox, Atari 2600/5200/7800, Intellevision, Odyssey 2, Tandy/Tandy3/TI99/Atari 880xL
>>
>>8371787
Real quick question how did you hook up the tiny tv on the top left of the stack?
>>
>>8371787
3D0 hooked up to a black-and-white TV, why?

This would be one of the better set ups in this thread if you would use the space a little more appropriately
>>
>>8366634
>it's more akin to a console being condensed down to a single chip
Making a buggy clone is not """more akin""" to professional developers working for a video game company using original documentation to design a new part. This is just sad misterfag cope.
>>
>>8371924
>>8372038
all three TV's are hooked up to the Extron Crosspoints (big grey things next to the PVM), 12 inputs and 8 outputs per extron. I can output any console to any of the TV's, so I could have one console on all outputs, or up to 8 consoles out to 8 separate devices, or anywhere inbetween. though again it has 12 total inputs I could choose from, per extron, and I have two of them. I just chose to send the 3DO to the black and white for the pic because I could.

>how did you hook up the tiny tv on the top left of the stack?
I just tossed it up there since it'd be funny, its still there but only from lack of care to pull it down than any intention to leave it there. That giant brick on the front of the stack is the power for the black and white tv, it has composite video/mono audio coming from one of the extrons leading into it.

>This would be one of the better set ups in this thread if you would use the space a little more appropriately
Yeah I realized after I "finished" that I'm gonna have to put my vcr/laserdisc/betamax ontop to the right of the PVM, and probably put my RF shit (atari's/intellevision/etc) in the cabinet area below the main TV. I'm in the process of getting wireless controllers for whatever I can so I can toss some things ontop and not have wires infront of the screen. I also need to add another video out cable leading to my PC so I can run a capture card for streaming eventually.

I still have no idea what to do with any of my RF computers.
>>
>>8372305
run the pc and gen 2 stuff into a modulation device then av out into the ridiculous setup you have >:^]
>>
>>8372305
yeah but what av splitter cable did you use?
>>
>>8372370
>modulation device
I meant more like where the fuck do I put it, like where will they all fit. Plus you kinda need a desk to use computers, so some kind of tv tray thing needs to be acquired probably.
from what I can tell, I could just run straight RF through an RCA cable into the extrons. It takes signal in, it puts signal out, as long as its not a coaxial cable unless I decide to buy some coaxial to BNC adaptors. But I'd rather not do that. It'd be better to have all of them modded to rgb/composite, since RF a shit.

its all so tiresome.
>>
>>8372386
A black one? maybe its 3am brain but I dont know what you mean by that. HD retrovision cables for the consoles that support it, some fancy mediabridge YPbPr cables to carry signal between the extrons and TV's, and generic cheap composite cables that I've had laying around for anything that just has RCA out like the NES and 3DO.

theres no splitting, console to extron, extron to tv.
>>
>>8359406
I did collect a shit ton of consoles, but right now I just stick to playing psp because I can take it anywhere. i'm lucky I found a psp battery in good condition from my friend.
>>
>>8372425
Based
>>
>>8359406
The way you have wrapped the cords around the controllers makes me feel sick. Why doesn't anyone think of the cables!?
>>
>>8371787
I used to use those Extrons for conferences and rock n roll, great switchers but I can't be arsed with another box to plug in and power at home. Looks convenient though, although that tiny screen surely hurts your neck whilst you crane your neck to see it?
>>
do the snes and super famicom use the same type of cord to connect to the tv? i'm thinking of getting into retro gaming and picking up the famicom and noticed my snes was missing its cord.
>>
>>8371787
GEE BILLY
TWO PLAYSTATIONS???
>>
>>8359406
I have a bunch of them lined up on a similar shelf to show off consoles I've owned over my lifetime, but no controller shelves(keep them in those rubbermaid pull-drawer things on one side), I mostly emulate on my PC though, because it's easier and I don't care too much if it's not 100% accurate.
>>
>>8359652
Because a Tv used to be the centerpiece of a room. Now it's just part of your daily life, so the goal is to have it take up less space/attention as possible.

That being said, the current personality is trending towards an actual window into another space, so it follows the same rules as say a painting.
>>
>>8359967
I wrap the cord around my hand, then use a velcro strap to hold them in place.
>>
>>8361713
First thing my eyes went to lol
>>8361806
It's fine anon, looks nice to me.
>>
>>8372710
Yes. The only caveat is that if you're doing RGB output, the internal components of the cable are different for PAL vs NTSC. So unless you're doing RGB *and* using a european SNES the super famicom cable will do just fine.

>>8371787
Based, I love my 8x4 extron crosspoint. Set-up was a total bitch though since I DIY'd an assload of SCART-to-BNC breakout cables for everything along with making adapters for all those piece of shit phoenix connectors. But well worth it in the end compared to how my setup was before with a random mishmash of different switchers for component, composite, audio, and manually plugging/unplugging SCART adapters

I wish they didn't do that thing where they fuck with the sync line though so it can only be CSYNC and gets boosted to TTL levels so you need to add resistors if you output RGB to any non-industrial equipment
>>
>>8372734
thanks!
>>
>>8372734
>I DIY'd an assload of SCART-to-BNC breakout cables for everything along with making adapters for all those piece of shit phoenix connectors

Yeah I dont use SCART, everything is RGB/YPbPr or composite via RCA connections still, and yeah I've been sitting on this stuff for about two years now disconnected because I kept putting off making my own phoenix adaptors. Theres a guy on ebay that makes pcb phoenix adaptor things so I ordered a fuckton of those. They haven't arrived yet though so I have no sound on anything still.

>>8372723
I'm getting a 3rd soon, need a fat.
>>
>op pic is on reddit
YOU ALL KNOW THE RULES
All reddit browsing babies will be beaten senseless by every poster in the thread
>>
>>8360006
>I can't afford nice things, so they're bad
>>
>>8372231
I worked so hard to see posts like this. You make me so proud, anon
>>
>>8375385
based
>>
>>8375397
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>8375385
nobody gives a shit
>>
>>8359538
More like alpha testing.
>>
>>8359406
Don't have a set up I'm afraid. Just a Plasma television and an adapter hooked up to my PS2 and Dreamcast.
>>
>>8359406
That being said, your set up is wonderful and I can only hope I have something like that in the future.
>>
>>8375385
but you only knew it was on reddit because you went there

honestly, id take a reddit crossposter over a twitter screencap thread any day of the week
>>
File: 0815201301a.jpg (1.77 MB, 2848x1602)
1.77 MB
1.77 MB JPG
built my own.
looks like shit, but works perfectly for my needs. the casters make it easy to swap from beanbag mode to couch mode.
>>
File: 0815201301b.jpg (1.91 MB, 2848x1602)
1.91 MB
1.91 MB JPG
>>8376784
drawers are hard to eyeball with warped discount lumber, but it's super nice to have everything tucked away.
>>
>>8376784
>>8376793
Hey man, that's pretty cool! I built a bookshelf for myself recently. You did an excellent job.
>>
>>8376793
Looks pretty smart and practical anon!
>>
File: 1622990531731.jpg (316 KB, 1333x1000)
316 KB
316 KB JPG
>>8359406
Nope.
>>
>>8376784
Why do you have a spooky baby doll?
>>
>>8377241
what's up with the shit contrast?
>>
File: 1617273737996.jpg (3.24 MB, 3000x3482)
3.24 MB
3.24 MB JPG
>>8377278
Just bad picture/exposure and lighting.
>>
>>8359406
I was late to the vidya party so I have to choose between paying hundreds to scalpers for the games I want to try or emulating for free
>>
>>8363771
>You'll be able to play games that have problems on specific models or revisions of a console without having to have multiples or original hardware and with features that original hardware never had.
Name these games.
>>
I got a component cable on a HDTV to play my PS2. Legally burned backups. Simple as. I also have a modded Xbox, but the audio is weirdly too low or too loud in some games, so it's not plugged.
>>
Damn I miss my CRT now. I had to give it up due to lack of space but now I want one again. It wasn't a great one or anything anyway. Where can you get one now?
>>
>>8362660
You need more stuff on your walls but your place looks nice and clean
>>
>>8377345
Depends on your location. Some people are lucky enough to be in places where they can still find CRTs for cheap in thrift shops/garage sales. Other people live in places where they'll only find faggots on OfferUp wanting 120 bucks for a 9" VINTAGE RETRO CRT.
>>
>>8377345
Where are you located?
>>
>>8377414
>>8377389
I'm a new yorker
>>
>>8377431
I'm sorry bro...
>>
>>8377281
I'm gonna cum
>>
>>8377431
RIP in pieces
>>
>>8377251
do you not?
>>8376813
>>8376816
thanks. i would do a few things differently, and one day i might stain it darker to mask some of the table saw burn marks, but it really does fit my needs perfectly.
>>
>>8377493
I say keep it. That yellowish color looks nice.
>>
>>8369405
I saw you on /pol/
>>
>>8367771
Where'd you get the little arcade cabs? Or what are they called, I want one
>>
>>8378092
Ew.
>>
>>8376793
I wish i wasn't retarded and could make something like this. Very nice dude.
>>
>>8359406
i mostly just emulate everything on my laptop, with the switch (atm) on my dresser and the wii when i wanna do that. 2ds, wii games and accessories, and some ds games are in one of my totes. one of these days though i wanna learn how to setup homebrew on the wii and a 3ds xl. also wanna try some non nintendo stuff eventually, thinkin' maybe i'll get a ps2 one of these days. actual consoles and retro game carts are cool sure but hardly necessary to have fun, especially with how expensive they are these days.
>>
>>8378092
favorite board until /vr/ starts stealing flags
>>
>>8377241
How do you run a CRT with a PS5?
>>
>>8378806
You could use GBS-Control or RT5X to downscale to 240p.
>>
>>8378829
And retroarch?
>>
>>8378317
thanks. the best part is that the shelves are cedar, which smell really nice. the drawer is lined with felt too, to keep things from scuffing.
>>
Can't be fucked to take a picture, but here's the list of consoles/handhelds I own and still play:

NES
SNES
N64
Gamecube
Wii
Switch
GBA SP (NES theme edition)
DS Lite
DSi
3DS
Genesis
Sega CD
Saturn
Dreamcast
PS1
PS2
PS3
PS4
PSP
Vita
Xbox
American 360
Japanese 360
PC Engine
PC Engine GT
>>
>>8380231
Cool story bro
>>
It's a Sanyo flat CRT with an NES, Genesis and SNES set up with s-video (the Genesis is s-video modded) on my computer desk
>>
>>8380231
Picture would've been faster
>>
File: battlestation.jpg (434 KB, 2048x1536)
434 KB
434 KB JPG
Currently just a PS2 and a Wii, planning on emulating from the PC to the CRT soon though
>>
File: seems legit.jpg (26 KB, 460x419)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>8380231
>can't be fucked to take a picture
>wall of larp
>>
>>8381742
Seems legit...
>>
>>8381715
i like the shape of this room
cable management needs to happen but this one is gonna be v comfy
>>
File: tag battle.jpg (214 KB, 720x480)
214 KB
214 KB JPG
>>
>>8383629
more of a booba guy myself
>>
>>8383629
Those are pictures of men’s butts
>>
What's a good set of shielded speakers for my setup? I want to be able to easily switch between taking audio from my pc, and taking audio from my consoles
>>
Why does anybody need more than one TV? I can understand a TV and a PC monitor in one set up, but why 2 or 3 CRTs in the same cabinet? Do you really switch TVs?
>>
>>8384426
If you have 6th gen consoles and want to play 480p games, I guess. There aren't a lot of tv's that can do both 480p and 240p/480i well
>>
>>8384435
A CRT/LCD combo would make sense for that, but a lot of the set ups don't have different generation TVs
>>
>>8384426
>>
>>8384459
there are hdcrt's that output 480p or 1080i
There are also multiformat monitors that can do 240p and 480p, but those are expensive as hell
>>
>>8384426
3rd and 4th gen games look better on my 14 inch PVM. My 32 inch D-series is for 5th gen and light gun games. My HDCRT is for 480p games.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.