[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: download (8).jpg (17 KB, 225x225)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
do you guys think it might be time to stop pretending this is some unplayable piece of shit when it's a perfectly inoffensive if bland 3d platformer
>>
It's time to rename this board to /sth/.
We've now reached 50% level of hedgehog thread saturation.
>>
>>8235020
I'll admit that I'm a Sonicfaggot. But my interest isn't in it's retarded, anime-like story, I just like goin fast and fucking around with pinball physics
>>
>>8235020
Yup, there are officially three Sonic Adventure threads, and a fourth thread using a sonic adventure thumbnail.
Clean it up jannies.
>>
File: cartoon.jpg (224 KB, 859x960)
224 KB
224 KB JPG
>>8235032
I'm just really gay for physics platformers
>>
>>8235051
Didn't mean to post an image, sorry
>>
>>8235006
SA2 is one of my favorite games of all time but it is janky ass shit sometimes, I've played it off and on since release and have never gotten all of the emblems, like more often than not Sonic and Shadow don't do what they're supposed to do and fly off and kill themselves when i clearly tried to use homing attack on an enemy or bumper or something. it's not a matter of getting good, it's the game not functioning properly ever and just doing the opposite of what you want it to
>>
>>8235006
As a full on Sonic autist, I know so many dimensions to this game (after playing it a few hundred hours (see also Sonic autist)) that it's very hard for me to just go "it's good" or "it's bad" or even "it's ok". Sonic Adventure 2 is so fucking complicated because of how you want to interpret and take all of its various systems and gameplay styles. I honestly have always thought of it like this
>SA1's gameplay styles idea was cool but bad in execution with the characters feeling samey
>give SA1 less respect as a whole because of this
>SA2 took the three best gameplay styles and really tried to make each one feel unique to play, giving them their own levels and expanding on the differences between the control of the characters
>respect SA2 for this
>also kind of feel like SA1's gameplay was still better just because it was looser and less 'weighty' conceptually (you figure out the autistic shit, I won't)
Like if both games were literally just SA1's Sonic stages versus all of SA2, SA1 would be the better game. If it were literally just SA1 Sonic vs. SA2 Sonic/Shadow, SA1 would be the better game. But as a whole I respect SA2 more.
What's the point to all this? I have no fucking idea but the game itself as a game levels out to like a 5/10. Solid 5/10. There is so fucking much about SA2 that I love but as an actual game, it is not great or special. I've 180 Emblemed this shit, just give that a try sometime. You literally have to look up how to A rank certain missions because of retardation like "hey if you don't kill the planes in Metal Harbor (did you even know you could kill them) just restart" and there is pretty much no fun in A ranking anything from any of the Hunting stages.
SA2 is best experienced casually. I don't think it rewards the player for getting better at it, doing so only helps illuminate the flaws with game design, level design, and programming. See that FUCKING mission in Final Rush where you have to go up a vertical rail with tight timing
>>
>>8235080
I literally have no idea what the point of this post was but I think it's that the game just has too much for me to say about it for the conclusion of "5/10" to accurately sum it up
>>
Sonic adventure 2 is the best game of all time
my first console was dreamcast. my only game was sonic adventure 2. i only had that one game for probably 3 years
>>
>>8235032
I was about to comment this. Really excessive.
>>8235051
>>i'm just really gay
yeah. one thread. that's all you really need.
>>
>>8235078
I noticed that homing attack often misfires in the places with lots of enemies, like in Metal Harbor stage where you need to cross the gap by homing attacking flying bots and you can choose side path on the left to get 1 up. If you'll decide to go left, the game sometimes magnets you to different enemy ahead and you miss a chance to get extra life item. To avoid that, you need to wait a little before doing another homing, and press the direction button at the same time, don't do quick homings. This is imperfection for sure, that's why they've added lock on for homing in newer games.
>>
This is a slow board, we're going to have 4 different sonic adventure 2 threads for an entire week and inevitably somebody will make a fifth thread tomorrow.
>>
>>8235127
Why wait, I can make it now.
>>
File: s-l300.jpg (23 KB, 191x266)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>8235006
do you guys think it might be time to stop pretending this is some unplayable piece of shit when it's a perfectly inoffensive if bland isometric platformer
>>
>>8235137
Haha your post inspired me and reminded me
when i was a kid i kept trying to make a sequel to sonic adventure 2
called sonic adventure 3

i wish i could program it. i wan tto make a dreamcast game. i want to make a SA 3. SA was so cool
>>
File: sonic mania zero.png (186 KB, 1432x1072)
186 KB
186 KB PNG
>>8235150
I've had a whole bunch of these fan-made "Sonic Adventure 3" games on my hard drive. Some were just plain bad, some were kinda entertaining.
I've downloaded it from yoyo games which allowed to upload any kind of project made in GM on their server. Then they wiped out all that shit and remade the site entirely, and I lost my archive after hard drive crash. Only pic related left.
Whoever made it was way ahead of their time.
>>
>>8235142
I actually like this game. It's dumb and fun and has a nice millennium aesthetic.
I prefer to play the no flickies hack, which removes the requirement to gather flickies to progress. It means you can just run through the stages and go *fast*. Nice.
Legit one of my comfiest games to play.
>>
>>8235006
Stop spamming this adventure shit here
>>
>>8235006
Isn't that worse? You can laugh at bad things but mediocrity is just...uninteresting.
>>
>>8235020
perhaps you want yet another FF8 thread?
>>
File: explorer_7O6X1KRIl2.png (510 KB, 698x879)
510 KB
510 KB PNG
>>8235006
the problem with it is that it was worse than adventure 1 in almost every way

if it didn't have BIG FAT BAT TATS it would probably be hailed as one of the worst 3D sonic games
>>
>>8235032
meanwhile, if you post a perfectly valid, yet contrary, critical opinion in a thread where a janny is posting and passionate about, you get banned for "trolling". this board's moderation is pretty trash.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.